Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

I agree joy ,the last time I tapered I have never been so sick ,so there's a direct connection .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

3 minutes ago, Flowers said:

Hi Frogie

You haven't failed - the time just wasn't right for you to taper the xanax. Tapering two drugs at the same time is a lot to take onboard and you need time to get your head around it. 

There will be a time that is right for you when you feel ready. In the meantime maybe you can work on something that will relax you and make you feel calmer.  Maybe even doing some more cycling? This will help you when the time comes to taper the xanax.  It is very scary stepping into the unknown and tapering but you have coped well with your lexapro taper. You might just be surprised how well you do tapering the xanax.

No one here is judging you.  You have made many successes in coming off other drugs and I think giving up smoking? Don't be too hard on yourself - it is better that you can go at your pace rather than be forced into it by your Dr.   You have it in you to do another taper after the lexapro  or before if you feel like it. You just need to find ways to keep calm and get some confidence.  

You will be fine. Give yourself a pat on the back at how far you have come so far. 

Love from Flowers xxx

Thanks Flowers:

I just feel like I failed. I couldn't even make it 3 days without getting sick. Do you ever get nauseous? That's my main side effect on everything. It's 2 years this month that my fiancé and I quit smoking. And the psycho psychiatrist took me off all the other meds. Now my dr thinks I've been on Xanax too long and too high of a dose. But I did everything and he let me go back to my normal dosage so now I have to stabilize again. But at least it was only 3 days so I should be ok soon. Then when I got sick, I freaked out and panicked and couldn't wait for an answer. I wanted one now. So I upset a lot of people. I failed again. I need to get back on the exercise bike. I haven't all weekend. Guess I'll be working on that this week.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

5 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

Hi Frogie

I get really sick at times when tapering - so sick I throw my food back up and end up lying on the bathroom floor with bad stomach pains - which stops within a few hours if I take more vital pram - it is horrible.

Joy

I don't throw up but I feel like I could. I take a Phenergran or Zofran if it gets unbearable. What is vital pram? Is it an anti nausea med? Mine is horrible too. I thought I was the only one.

Thanks for the help.

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

5 minutes ago, powerback said:

I agree joy ,the last time I tapered I have never been so sick ,so there's a direct connection .

That's what happens to me too. It's horrible.

9 minutes ago, Frogie said:

That's what happens to me too. It's horrible.

so remove the blame from you and put it on the meds frogie and be nice to yourself and get watching a good crime documentary :),noting triggering though ,I have to be careful of this also ,mindhunter is a great series as  your into crime docs ,its based on a true story of the FBI profilers and how they  started  profiling serial killers many years ago .  

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

5 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Thanks Flowers:

I just feel like I failed. I couldn't even make it 3 days without getting sick. Do you ever get nauseous? That's my main side effect on everything. It's 2 years this month that my fiancé and I quit smoking. And the psycho psychiatrist took me off all the other meds. Now my dr thinks I've been on Xanax too long and too high of a dose. But I did everything and he let me go back to my normal dosage so now I have to stabilize again. But at least it was only 3 days so I should be ok soon. Then when I got sick, I freaked out and panicked and couldn't wait for an answer. I wanted one now. So I upset a lot of people. I failed again. I need to get back on the exercise bike. I haven't all weekend. Guess I'll be working on that this week.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie

I don't think you have upset anyone. 

Yes, I have had months of feeling nauseous especially during the worst instability I have ever had last year when my Dr changed my meds.  I know I am stabilising now because the nausea has gone thank goodness. It is truly horrible and although I never was sick it felt like I could be at any minute. I am convinced it is a withdrawal symptom but having said that anxiety can make some people feel just the same. 

I am doing OK and seem to be stabilising after all these months. It will soon be time for me to start tapering off something. I take xanax too so I will be in the same boat as you are!

Last year when I was really bad one of the mods on the Benzo forum (think it may have been Skeeter) told me if I got panicky or anxious to just walk on the spot for a few minutes or as long as I could bear it. It really helped me. Maybe you could try that when you don't want to do the cycling.

We will get there Frogie!

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

4 minutes ago, powerback said:

so remove the blame from you and put it on the meds frogie and be nice to yourself and get watching a good crime documentary :),noting triggering though ,I have to be careful of this also ,mindhunter is a great series as  your into crime docs ,its based on a true story of the FBI profilers and how they  started  profiling serial killers many years ago .  

I will try and blame it on the meds, but I put them in my body. How stupid was that? I should have said no years ago. I've been on antidepressants for 20 years. I just want to be myself again. I was happy before I started taking these stupid meds. I can't watch some things. We like to watch the First 48, cops, life in the er. I don't know if you get the show The Good Doctor? It's about a kid that has autism that is a surgeon, really good. I love the Bachelor too. How long have you been on meds? I want to shove them down the dr's throat then take them away and watch them suffer. Not my new dr though, he understands me. We are watching NASCAR right now.

7 minutes ago, Flowers said:

Hi Frogie

I don't think you have upset anyone. 

Yes, I have had months of feeling nauseous especially during the worst instability I have ever had last year when my Dr changed my meds.  I know I am stabilising now because the nausea has gone thank goodness. It is truly horrible and although I never was sick it felt like I could be at any minute. I am convinced it is a withdrawal symptom but having said that anxiety can make some people feel just the same. 

I am doing OK and seem to be stabilising after all these months. It will soon be time for me to start tapering off something. I take xanax too so I will be in the same boat as you are!

Last year when I was really bad one of the mods on the Benzo forum (think it may have been Skeeter) told me if I got panicky or anxious to just walk on the spot for a few minutes or as long as I could bear it. It really helped me. Maybe you could try that when you don't want to do the cycling.

We will get there Frogie!

Flowers xxx

Flowers:

I'm glad your nausea has gone away. You are so lucky. I hope you don't get it when you start your taper. It's horrible.

You take a small amount of Xanax compared to me. I take 1mg 3 times a day. I've taken it for I think 10 years or more now. I do need to taper it but more slowly next time. It will be a while before I try that again.

Maybe I will try walking in one spot or around the house. Maybe that would help and get me up and moving around. I was going to dust and vacuum today, but my fiancé told me not to that I've been through enough to just take it easy.

I'm really starting to lose hope that I'll ever get off these meds. :(

Take care,

Frogie xx

11 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I will try and blame it on the meds, but I put them in my body. How stupid was that? I should have said no years ago. I've been on antidepressants for 20 years. I just want to be myself again. I was happy before I started taking these stupid meds. I can't watch some things. We like to watch the First 48, cops, life in the er. I don't know if you get the show The Good Doctor? It's about a kid that has autism that is a surgeon, really good. I love the Bachelor too. How long have you been on meds? I want to shove them down the dr's throat then take them away and watch them suffer. Not my new dr though, he understands me. We are watching NASCAR right now.

7 years on meds , don't talk to be about DRs ,I was in the clinic the other day and I gave the DR that first prescribed me them the look of death [he not my doctor anymore ].I see him when I'm fit enough to exercise on my trail but I'm civil .I heard about the good doctor ,I cant watch much lately ,I get so dam triggered . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

4 minutes ago, powerback said:

7 years on meds , don't talk to be about DRs ,I was in the clinic the other day and I gave the DR that first prescribed me them the look of death [he not my doctor anymore ].I see him when I'm fit enough to exercise on my trail but I'm civil .I heard about the good doctor ,I cant watch much lately ,I get so dam triggered . 

I have you by more than doubled on the meds. I hope I will be "normal" when I finally get off them. If you can watch crime you could watch the dr show. It's really good.

5 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I have you by more than doubled on the meds. I hope I will be "normal" when I finally get off them. If you can watch crime you could watch the dr show. It's really good.

I'm not sure I should be watching the crime stuff in withdrawl ,I'm fascinated by the human condition and what makes people thick .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 minute ago, powerback said:

I'm not sure I should be watching the crime stuff in withdrawl ,I'm fascinated by the human condition and what makes people thick .

It doesn't bother me. It's wierd. But other tv shows trigger me bad. I can't watch the news at all. I watch QVC. It's a shopping channel. I don't buy anything without talking it over with my fiancé. But it's very safe. No violence.

18 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Flowers:

I'm glad your nausea has gone away. You are so lucky. I hope you don't get it when you start your taper. It's horrible.

You take a small amount of Xanax compared to me. I take 1mg 3 times a day. I've taken it for I think 10 years or more now. I do need to taper it but more slowly next time. It will be a while before I try that again.

Maybe I will try walking in one spot or around the house. Maybe that would help and get me up and moving around. I was going to dust and vacuum today, but my fiancé told me not to that I've been through enough to just take it easy.

I'm really starting to lose hope that I'll ever get off these meds. :(

Take care,

Frogie xx

"Interdose WD is such a pain.  There are 2 things you can do, should you choose.  There is a trick with Xanax that does not work with any other benzo I am aware of, and I researched this a lot, and also did personal research on myself with both Xanax and Valium.  Only works with the Xanax.  Light exercise to start with depending on your level of fitness when you start- I was very deconditioned, so I started at 2 mins of marching in place, just enough to get my heart rate up a little, and it relieved than anxiety for a few hours.  If you are more fit, for example, as time went on and I got more fit, I was up to 15 mins of aerobic exercise at a time (it felt great!).  This has been proven to help a lot of people who are having ID WD due to this medication- or for those still on it.  One person was a teacher, and the only way she got through her days was her midday powerwalk. The exercise really does work if you are feeling well enough to try it, the key is not to do too much, or it will make you feel worse, so start out nice and easy!!"

Hi Frogie - the above is taken from Skeeters post on my thread last year.  I thought I maybe had interdose WD but had reduced the xanax from 3mgs to .50mgs a day very quickly. I was so ill I wasn't able to administer my drugs or think straight! She did say it works for anyone taking xanax and not just interdose WD.

Hope this helps.

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

1 minute ago, Flowers said:

"Interdose WD is such a pain.  There are 2 things you can do, should you choose.  There is a trick with Xanax that does not work with any other benzo I am aware of, and I researched this a lot, and also did personal research on myself with both Xanax and Valium.  Only works with the Xanax.  Light exercise to start with depending on your level of fitness when you start- I was very deconditioned, so I started at 2 mins of marching in place, just enough to get my heart rate up a little, and it relieved than anxiety for a few hours.  If you are more fit, for example, as time went on and I got more fit, I was up to 15 mins of aerobic exercise at a time (it felt great!).  This has been proven to help a lot of people who are having ID WD due to this medication- or for those still on it.  One person was a teacher, and the only way she got through her days was her midday powerwalk. The exercise really does work if you are feeling well enough to try it, the key is not to do too much, or it will make you feel worse, so start out nice and easy!!"

Hi Frogie - the above is taken from Skeeters post on my thread last year.  I thought I maybe had interdose WD but had reduced the xanax from 3mgs to .50mgs a day very quickly. I was so ill I wasn't able to administer my drugs or think straight! She did say it works for anyone taking xanax and not just interdose WD.

Hope this helps.

Flowers xxx

Well, Flowers:

It can't hurt. I used to love to exercise, especially aerobics. But now it takes all I have to take a shower and then sit in my chair for the day.

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Well, Flowers:

It can't hurt. I used to love to exercise, especially aerobics. But now it takes all I have to take a shower and then sit in my chair for the day.

Thanks!

Hi Frogie

Well you will need to go very gently then - don't want you hurting yourself. When I started I could barely stand up or walk very far I was so weak. But I just did a little bit and then built on that.

Just using your body more may help you feel better - it did help me.

Good luck!

Flowers xxx

5 minutes ago, Flowers said:

Hi Frogie

Well you will need to go very gently then - don't want you hurting yourself. When I started I could barely stand up or walk very far I was so weak. But I just did a little bit and then built on that.

Just using your body more may help you feel better - it did help me.

Good luck!

Flowers xxx

Thanks!

That's why I only ride the exercise bike fir 10 minutes. But I'm going to work up on that.

I hope it helps me. It can't hurt.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Just for me to keep track:

I have been nauseous for 2 days now. I finally took one of my anti nausea pills this morning because I just couldn't handle it anymore. I'm trying to stay off of here. Only checking in 2 maybe 3 times a day. I really think reading everyone's thread is making me sick and anxious. I don't know. That could all be in my head.

I get my granddaughter this weekend. I'm excited. Not for Easter but at least I get to see her. And my Uncle is coming for Easter. 

It could be all the anxiety of people coming and then the fact that I started my "normal" dose of Xanax again Sunday so my body could be getting used to that again. And it's not quite normal because I'm taking the pill and then a sliver from cutting it off.

I wonder if my body is trying to tell me it's time to taper Lexapro? But I won't do it until after my granddaughter leaves. Then if I do get sick my Uncle understands and I will take anti nausea pills for a few days.

Also, Brownie threw up a couple times this morning. I wonder if there is a bug going around?

If you want to answer, you are welcome to. But I'm writing this for my own benefit.

Your granddaughter will be a good distraction.  What sort of anti nausea tablets do you take?  Are you sure it is time to taper when you are unsettled?

Great to hear from you

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

1 minute ago, joy2730 said:

Your granddaughter will be a good distraction.  What sort of anti nausea tablets do you take?  Are you sure it is time to taper when you are unsettled?

Great to hear from you

Joy

I have Phenergran and Zofran. I take Phenergran when it's not too bad and Zofran when I can't handle the nausea no matter what. I don't know what to do. It could be anxiety, because I just found out Tuesday I was going to have my granddaughter over the weekend and yesterday and today I'm sick. I haven't taken it for over a month except last Sunday I took one because I was so sick from trying to taper my Xanax. What a disaster.

I saw you take anti nausea meds. What do you take?

I don't know what to do about tapering. I'll wait and see.

Great to hear from you too.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I like kwells travel sickness pills or phenergan - I hate feeling sick.

I am a worrier Frogie but I am trying to train myself out of it as it really is one of the most destructive emotions and it does my solve anything.  We have a lot of speed cameras on British roads and last week I worried I had been caught and I hadn't - to meet trouble half way seems so foolish. 

Let is all know of things settle for you - did you worry less when you were on full doses of medîcation

Joy

54 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

I like kwells travel sickness pills or phenergan - I hate feeling sick.

I am a worrier Frogie but I am trying to train myself out of it as it really is one of the most destructive emotions and it does my solve anything.  We have a lot of speed cameras on British roads and last week I worried I had been caught and I hadn't - to meet trouble half way seems so foolish. 

Let is all know of things settle for you - did you worry less when you were on full doses of medîcation

Joy

I'm glad I'm not the only one that takes Phenergran. How often do you have to take it? I have always been a worrier even when I wasn't on the meds. 

I'm sure it's just anxiety making me nauseous. I need to build my toolkit again.

I need to learn to accept and float. But it's harder to do than say.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• 2 weeks later...

What’s NP thyroid? Great the numbers went down and you didn’t get sick. Awesome

must have been tough to get ganged up on. Sometimes the truth hurts. But maybe they saw something that could help you that you couldn’t see through wd eyes. 

Dont let it hurt your feelings. What ever was said was out of love and concern. Even if they don’t have an inkling what wd feels like. Nobody could possibly begin to understand without going through it. That’s why I wish I could give the docs 5 min. of it. Even taking my list of symptoms with me, they can’t even imagine. Looks benign on paper. 

Go go make some fun for your uncle and yourself. I hope you enjoy your evening.   xx. 

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

19 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

What’s NP thyroid? Great the numbers went down and you didn’t get sick. Awesome

must have been tough to get ganged up on. Sometimes the truth hurts. But maybe they saw something that could help you that you couldn’t see through wd eyes. 

Dont let it hurt your feelings. What ever was said was out of love and concern. Even if they don’t have an inkling what wd feels like. Nobody could possibly begin to understand without going through it. That’s why I wish I could give the docs 5 min. of it. Even taking my list of symptoms with me, they can’t even imagine. Looks benign on paper. 

Go go make some fun for your uncle and yourself. I hope you enjoy your evening.   xx. 

NP Thyroid is a thyroid medication like Synthroid only natural. They just think I need to stop feeling sorry for myself, like no friends, no family where I live and figure out life out here. And not rely on other people to make me happy.  I tried to explain to them what it was like to be in my shoes but they didn't understand at all. But they both have lives, have interaction with people and aren't going through WD.

My Uncle and fiancé walked down to the legion. I wasn't even invited. Oh well, I'm going to sit here like always with my attitude lol...

I have to laugh at all of this. It is kinda funny.

Hope you have a good evening.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I hope the new med helps. 

Are they eating dinner at the legion or just going for a drink? 

Boys night?

i guess were all responsible for our own happiness, but it would be difficult without your family or friends around. I live where I grew up, so I’ve got family and friends here. But if I moved away, I’d probably hang out at the legion or a tavern to meet new people. Is there a community center in your little town? A woman’s club? Yoga studio? Maybe you could get a part time job at the dollar store. Or bartending at the legion. I don’t know if you’d even be able to work while tapering. I know I couldn’t right now. I miss it though. Even if I wasn’t in wd, I’d have to wait til the kids are in school. I miss having structure. My daughters hours change from week to week, so I couldn’t even get a part time job. 

What’s your fiancé cooking tomorrow? It’s nice you invited the neighbors. Are they about your age? Is she someone you’d like to hang out with? Have over for coffee? I love my next door neighbor. She’s also watches her granddaughter. I just haven’t felt good enough to hang out lately. We’re waiting for warm weather to play outside with the kids or take to the park. 

Well, I hope you’re at least enjoying your peace and quiet after a busy week.    xx

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

12 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

I hope the new med helps. 

Are they eating dinner at the legion or just going for a drink? 

Boys night?

i guess were all responsible for our own happiness, but it would be difficult without your family or friends around. I live where I grew up, so I’ve got family and friends here. But if I moved away, I’d probably hang out at the legion or a tavern to meet new people. Is there a community center in your little town? A woman’s club? Yoga studio? Maybe you could get a part time job at the dollar store. Or bartending at the legion. I don’t know if you’d even be able to work while tapering. I know I couldn’t right now. I miss it though. Even if I wasn’t in wd, I’d have to wait til the kids are in school. I miss having structure. My daughters hours change from week to week, so I couldn’t even get a part time job. 

What’s your fiancé cooking tomorrow? It’s nice you invited the neighbors. Are they about your age? Is she someone you’d like to hang out with? Have over for coffee? I love my next door neighbor. She’s also watches her granddaughter. I just haven’t felt good enough to hang out lately. We’re waiting for warm weather to play outside with the kids or take to the park. 

Well, I hope you’re at least enjoying your peace and quiet after a busy week.    xx

I hope these new meds help too.

I was born and raised and lived in the city we moved from. And in this town if you aren't from here you don't belong here and they make it known. I can't work because I'm on disability. Where I was volunteering, they had some problems with an employee so they aren't letting any volunteers come in now. 

The guys went to legion just to,have a a drink. They don't serve food. They are only open a few hours a week and have 2 bartenders already. 

You can have our weather. We are under fire warnings because it's so dry. It's been in the 60-70's. We didn't get a winter at all. 

We are having ham, potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, just the usual. They neighbors are nice but they aren't someone I would want to hang out with all the time. They are nice though.

I think I have it in my mind I want to go home and we can't right now, so I'm having a really hard time.

I hope you have a really nice Easter 🐣🐣🐣 and are feeling better.

Thanks for talking to me.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Dear Frogie  ~ Happy Easter.  :wub:  Hope the bunny came. LOL. Chin up, girl. :P  It's going to be ok. You can do this !  Sending love and Easter cheer.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

7 minutes ago, AliG said:

Dear Frogie  ~ Happy Easter.  :wub:  Hope the bunny came. LOL. Chin up, girl. :P  It's going to be ok. You can do this !  Sending love and Easter cheer.

Thanks Ali:

No the Easter bunny didn't come.

I'm trying to keep my chin up, but it just gets harder and harder everyday. You know what I mean?

It's snowing in my hometown and we are under fire watch. We can't even get a raindrop here lol...

I hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

18 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I'm trying to keep my chin up, but it just gets harder and harder everyday. You know what I mean?

Yes , been there ... done that ... trying not to give it any oxygen ! 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

2 minutes ago, AliG said:

Yes , been there ... done that ... trying not to give it any oxygen ! 

Thànks Ali: I will try not to give it any oxygen either. I don't know why but I've had a bad attitude since Wednesday. Nothing set it off, just woke up this way. Then being "ganged up on" by my fiancé and therapist didn't help. I hope I can shake it soon.

Thanks for talking to me.

Happy Easter 🐣🐣🐣

Take care,

Frogie xx

I have been much the same. I have been too sensitive and sleep - deprived, and it has not gone well ... so, I really do understand. This can be a ... " tough gig" and not everyone necessarily understands.

1 minute ago, AliG said:

I have been much the same. I have been too sensitive and sleep - deprived, and it has not gone well ... so, I really do understand. This can be a ... " tough gig" and not everyone necessarily understands.

I'm sorry you have been sensitive and sleep deprived. That definitely doesn't go well. I'm sensitive but not sleep deprived.

I just dont want to be here. I want to go home. Everyone knows that, but it's not happening the way I want it to. It's called I have to be patient. I think my patience have ran out the door to go home lol...

No one seems to understand. But they don't understand WD. They think everything should be fine, just normal. Well, I'm not normal. Can't help it. 

I hope you feel better soon. At least you got to see your son. Mine still won't talk to me.

I just miss my family and friends so much it's not funny.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I wrote this on Rosetta's thread ~ thought it may help you, too.

I don't believe that we emerge from this process unscathed however we can often come out stronger in the end even if it's perhaps slightly different than before. I think we undergo a metamorphosis of sorts so that even though there is some change, ultimately it is often for the better in the long term. I think the skills and knowledge we tend to acquire during this experience can set us up to lead a healthier and more aware life in the future.

Obviously if we could avoid this pain we would but in terms of seeing some positive benefits from it , at least there are some in my view. I think we become much better than our pre- med self. Compassion and understanding seem to grow exponentially , not to mention other positive qualities that seem to come to the fore.

I like to see the positive in this. It helps me to get through it."

2 minutes ago, AliG said:

I wrote this on Rosetta's thread ~ thought it may help you, too.

I don't believe that we emerge from this process unscathed however we can often come out stronger in the end even if it's perhaps slightly different than before. I think we undergo a metamorphosis of sorts so that even though there is some change, ultimately it is often for the better in the long term. I think the skills and knowledge we tend to acquire during this experience can set us up to lead a healthier and more aware life in the future.

Obviously if we could avoid this pain we would but in terms of seeing some positive benefits from it , at least there are some in my view. I think we become much better than our pre- med self. Compassion and understanding seem to grow exponentially , not to mention other positive qualities that seem to come to the fore.

I like to see the positive in this. It helps me to get through it."

Thanks, now I'm crying again. Between the bad attitude I cry a lot.

I just wish I could have Dorothy's red slippers and say I want to go home...

Much love,

Frogie xx

It's ok. I think what we take away from all this is a very positive mindset ~  We continue to move on ... in a positive way, in mind, body and spirit. :wub:  Much love ....

15 minutes ago, AliG said:

It's ok. I think what we take away from all this is a very positive mindset ~  We continue to move on ... in a positive way, in mind, body and spirit. :wub:  Much love ....

I hope my life goes in a positive move and positive way. I love how you look at things. You truly are a gem Ali.

I just feel stuck :(

I'm trying to stay off of here because of my attitude, but I really miss talking to people too.

I wish I could get a hug from someone here at home but they would rather just tell me they don't want to hear it that they have heard enough. Even my Uncle. And they don't want to hear things over and over. The other day my fiancé threw the car keys on the ground at me and started walking. He said he's reached his breaking point with me and doesn't know what else to do. 

You should see my eyes. They are literally purple and wrinkled underneath from crying so much. I'm pathetic 😥

I bought my Uncle and fiancé a chocolate bunny for Easter, they didn't even say thank you and I didn't even get a Happy Easter from either of them.

Hi Frogie

You are clearly homesick and not in a good place with the people you are closest to.  You must feel that you have little control over your life at present which is rotten.  I know you think the people in your area are difficult, but they may be shy and awkward socially, can you not give them a chance.  It is just such a shame that you are waiting to go home and in the meantime are not getting anything out of where you live now.  In any given group of people there tends to be a mixture of types.  I know the volunteering didn't work out, but there must be more than one place you could volunteer? 

It is a case of changing something in your life that will help your 'attitude' that those closest to you are finding difficult.  All this crying is not good, you are clearly distressed, something is wrong and something needs to change for you.  I hope I have not said too much.  Life really is a gift for us all, no matter how difficult it is, it is such a shame that you are not enjoying it or getting anything out of it.

Joy