9 minutes ago, Ahms said:

Thank you Michelle but I pretty much am alone so if I were to get really ill or have severe withdrawals, there will be no one coming to help me. 

That is unacceptable. Do you have any family members who would be willing to check on you or have you stay with them? Could you alert your doctor to your situation and have him link you in with a social worker? & have you expressed your concerns to your doctor about the possibility of withdrawals from the amitriptyline, given your medical history? I don't know what your current situation is but if you're hospitalised, surely there is someone who could organise home support of some sort for you? This entire thing sucks and I wish I could do more, unfortunately I can't help out in person. Going through this alone is not something you should have to endure! I hope you're coping at the moment and have some good advice/support from your doctor at least. 

Over the last two years - Effexor Xr 150 mg daily, ferrous iron, magnesium, zinc, b12and vit d 1000 iu every couple of days. 

Prior to that- 2001 started citalopram 20 mg age 18, switched to escitalopram 20 mg a year or two later: 2011 - switched to paroxetine for several weeks and tapered off, replaced with lexapro. March 2014- prescribed Effexor xr 150mg daily. May 2015 prescribed 10 mg aripiprazole, concurrently with Effexor, discontinued 2-3 weeks later with abrupt taper to 5 mg then stopped. Continued taking Effexor until late November of last year- tapered rapidly over 12 days. Nothing currently.

Guys I nee more help. So the doctor restarted me on 50mg amitriptyline again on this Friday. I had taken an overdose of 1400mg on 21/04/2019 hence it was stopped for 5 days. I I have been on 50mg for a while. Now after restarting amitriptyline 50mg on Friday,  today I feel feverish, have no energy and kind of have like brain zaps. I can't concentrate on anything and my cognition is slow. Please advise what to do. I have to go back to work and I can't really take more time off and I think I won't be able to function like this. 

Citalopram 30mg 2008 - 2015
Citalopram 30mg + Mirtazapine 15mg 2015 - 2016
Venlafaxine 150mg + Mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg 2016 - 2017
Venlafaxine 150mg + Amitriptyline 50mg January 2017. Coming off Venlafaxine took about 8 months 
March 2018 stopped venlafaxine. Increased amitriptyline to 150mg over two weeks end of March. Couldn't tolerate side effects. CT for 5 days then went back to 50mg amitriptyline since 8 April 2018

:(

Can you let your doctor know and see whether they are able to give you any advice on the dose? Have any of the symptoms settled down since you've restarted the amitriptyline? I'm so sorry you're having more problems, you really deserve a break!!

Over the last two years - Effexor Xr 150 mg daily, ferrous iron, magnesium, zinc, b12and vit d 1000 iu every couple of days. 

Prior to that- 2001 started citalopram 20 mg age 18, switched to escitalopram 20 mg a year or two later: 2011 - switched to paroxetine for several weeks and tapered off, replaced with lexapro. March 2014- prescribed Effexor xr 150mg daily. May 2015 prescribed 10 mg aripiprazole, concurrently with Effexor, discontinued 2-3 weeks later with abrupt taper to 5 mg then stopped. Continued taking Effexor until late November of last year- tapered rapidly over 12 days. Nothing currently.

On 4/26/2019 at 7:21 PM, shawny said:

I’m really sorry :( 

i hate it for all the stuff the doctor s do :( 

they have no clue Wat they are doin to ppl like us !

i hope they also take the same tablet we take to go theu it :( 

one thing I feel where u have been suffering is due to polydrug n it’s no fault o urs :( 

i have bedn on such such low doze n suffering I can imagine ur state :( 

i had initially when ur brain wakes up as soon u r about to sleep for quiet some time now I don’t have it .

the problem with us is we try to solve our problems with drugs but tats not the case with our body :( 

ut can heal in it’s own but only time n patience that is the simple mantra here ! 

U said ur snow was better probably when u go off all the drugs it will go 

I had grainy vision when I was on amitriptyline it started subsiding 5 months later I stopped the drug ! 

So we neef wait n have patience I know it’s frustrating cause there is notyn else we can do jus accept n float 

prayers to u one day may be a few years later ul remember this phase n thank god u came out fighting like a warrior hold on ! 

Intell my self tat 

Hi Shawny. So has your visual snow totally gone after you stopped amitriptyline? I don't just have the grainy vision/static but the whole visual snow syndrome, afterimages etc. 

Venlafaxine 150mg + Amitriptyline 50mg January 2017. Coming off Venlafaxine took about 8 months 
March 2018 stopped venlafaxine. Increased amitriptyline to 150mg over two weeks end of March. Couldn't tolerate side effects. CT for 5 days then went back to 50mg amitriptyline since 8 April 2018

Yes , first one for me to go is the grainy vision , I do get it sometimes but it’s nit tat bad ! 

N yes I agree with u , I m now left with afterimages which have got little better some days it flares up some days it’s less 

floaters : these are getting transparent also 

tinnitus : this is also low on some days 

if these go , I will be free o withdrawal so hang in there ! 

Gud thing is u don’t have grainy vision 

Sept 28 : nov 10 amitriptyline 10 mg

no history of drugs in past 

symptoms 

mild grainy vision , visual snow 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

3 hours ago, shawny said:

Yes , first one for me to go is the grainy vision , I do get it sometimes but it’s nit tat bad ! 

N yes I agree with u , I m now left with afterimages which have got little better some days it flares up some days it’s less 

floaters : these are getting transparent also 

tinnitus : this is also low on some days 

if these go , I will be free o withdrawal so hang in there ! 

Gud thing is u don’t have grainy vision 

I do have grainy vision. That's the static/snow. I have all the symptoms of visual snow syndrome. 

Do u do recreational drugs now ?

or before ?

it can so happen that folks who do recreational drug ( LSD , weed etc ) can also have symptoms like this( read about it ) not sure  , but good things is we will heal , just hang on there .

It's bad for me too , i just take each day as it comes , i know each day we survive , we are one step closer to our withdrawal getting over .

Hold on there ❤️ i know it's a dark place and no family will understand it or even relate to it.

We will get there ! hang on 

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

On 5/13/2019 at 8:18 AM, shawny said:

Do u do recreational drugs now ?

or before ?

it can so happen that folks who do recreational drug ( LSD , weed etc ) can also have symptoms like this( read about it ) not sure  , but good things is we will heal , just hang on there .

It's bad for me too , i just take each day as it comes , i know each day we survive , we are one step closer to our withdrawal getting over .

Hold on there ❤️ i know it's a dark place and no family will understand it or even relate to it.

We will get there ! hang on 

I have never done drugs. I developed visual snow syndrome either because of Venlafaxine withdrawal or dosage changes to Amitriptyline. If you get it from drugs, it's more like HPPD. 

@Ahms  then it will go , the fact that mine went also proves that urs will also go , just hold on there ! 

I was on 10 mg for 1 month and my last dose was in Nov 2018 , i have issues now also , floaters and Tinnitus , i'm not sure when it will go , but i know fr a fact it will go just not in the time frame we want it

but i do read success stories  year or 2 later. ul get better .

ur dozes were pretty high , so maybe it might take more time , but the good thing is ul get better , it's about patience , i know it SUX , but there is no way out :( 

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

• 9 months later...

How are you doing @Ahms?

Early September 2019 - One 25mg dose of Sertraline taken.

Early October 2019 - Five 25mg doses (pills) of Sertraline taken for five consecutive days.

Withdrawal/reaction happened on the 27th of October (2019) in the evening.

Symptoms that have gone: Joint and muscle pain/weakness in my legs, phantom senses, chemical dread, chemical fear, DP/DR has gotten a lot lot better than what it is now, it was one of my worst and all-encompassing symptoms when it started, awful aphasia, parkinsonism, head pressure, pressure in my frontal lobe when trying to think/work out something, inability to plan or execute anything//feelings of being literally scatterbrained, inability to think in my head other than slight acknowledgements - the voice in my head sounded weak and 'small' like it was restrained to a much smaller area of my brain, constant fatigue, emotional numbness, constant eyestrain, and changes in perception of colour/contrast in sight.

Main remaining symptoms: Visual Snow/HPPD, derealisation, tinnitus, and brain/cog fog.

Drug free.

• 3 years later...

How are your visual problems now @Ahms

Lexapro 10-20mg 2016-2018 2 full years cold turkey no withdrawals, Lexapro 10-20mg 01/2021-08/2022 cold turkey missed doses, alternated between high and low doses, no withdrawals

1/7-1/14/2023 Ciprofloxacin for 1 week 500mgx2 in January 2023, resulted in headaches that went away in 2 months

3/21-3/35/2023 Oxybutinin for 4 days 

3/21-3/30/2023 Ofloxacin 400*9 days in March, gave me insomnia

3/23-3/25/2023 Passiflora+Valerian Capsule for 2 nights, doesn't work.

3/26-3/29/2023 Unisom (Doxylamine) for three nights, it would work on the second night but would not do anything on the 3rd.
03/29-05/10/2023 Mirtazapine 7.5mg/15mgs depending on the night this also would work for 3 nights, I would switch to Unisom every 4th night. Took for a total of 15-20 times in 42 nights.

5/11/2023 Atarax(hydroxine) only once but spiked my tinnitus and gives me DP/DR in the morning, after this I could fall a sleep on my own with no meds. Later on Unisom also spikes my tinnitus. 

06/01/2023 Brain Zaps start, I get back to alternating mirtazapine,passiflora, melatonin,  for 40+ more days. Symptoms got worse.

06/15/2023 Trazodone 50MGs once. Did nothing.

3/2023 - 9/2023 NAC, Alpha lipoic Acid, Magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Calcium. Once or twice I took 5HTP and L-theanine. Took Fish Oil Omega-3 for 1-2 months.

11/8/2023 250mgs of Keppra ONCE.