Shane88L: anhedonia/depression from withdrawing from olanzapine / Zyprexa

Shane88L

Hi Hayduke,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. I've decided to simply keep away from all medications, just to be safe.

It may simply be something psychosomatic, brought on by stress or related to the withdrawals, so I'm trying to make some more small changes in my lifestyle to attempt to remedy the allergic type symptoms.

Update on Negative Symptoms (I will write the positive things in a future post):

Well, I may as well be honest about some of the negative things I am facing on the road to recovery, so... Along with the constant throat itch I have daily, I also experience;

"Hot flashes", or whatever they are, happening very frequently now, every 5-10mns, I get waves of shiver-like hot/cold sensations running up and down my entire body, feeling like someone pouring hot/cold water over me, but not having the same intensity sensory wise...

I wake up dizzy and very light-headed every morning, and there are "pins and needles" like sensations in my hands, feet and top of my head for about 30mns after getting out of bed. It is as if I don't get enough oxygen to my brain when I sleep, but when I mentioned this to my wife, she told me that I seem to sleep well.

I would like to say that these symptoms are anxiety related, but I never had this before taking that medication, even though I was anxious then also, so it must be physiological - something to do with the nervous system.

It really does seem to take a very long time to heal!

My heart seems to pound rather heavily in my chest, no matter whether I rest or do exercise. Maybe it is due to my body being "stuck" in fight/flight mode...

I am seeing white flashing sparks/stars in my vision (they dance about like electricity in my view), which is quite distracting. Perhaps it is a separate issue not related to withdrawals though...

Tinnitus is there, always in the background and comes alive at night. I've grown more accustomed to it though, so it really is not a big deal.

I am no longer depressed though, and my anxiety is nowhere near the severe level it once was, which is just wonderful.

Healing is slow, but that's fine. I'm feeling good.

Wishing everyone the very best on their road to recovery.

Shane.

Reason for Medication

Anxiety (money problems, future, lack of physical safety, dangerous environment) causing mild insomnia.

Summary    

2010 - Lexapro - (took one tablet (vomiting, tremors, high anxiety) stopped without any issues)

2013 - Cymbalta - (60mg daily for 7 months - cold turkey without any major issues aside from nausea/vomiting, "brain zaps" and dizziness)

2013 - Seroquel - (a low dose for roughly 1 month - weight gain of 20kg, cold turkey because of rapid weight gain without any issues)

2018 - September 4th - (Cymbalta 20mg for two days, stopped due to tremors & anxiety)

2018 - September 9th - (Olanzapine 2.5mg until October 3rd, then 5mg once, then back to 2.5mg once, then took random varying doses every day for a week from 2.5mg up to 5.0mg due to panic caused by the drug, then I attempted withdrawal Cold Turkey (recommenced at lower dose after 4 days of trying to withdraw Cold Turkey - I took 0.625mg every night until I finally successfully stopped cold turkey roughly one week later).

12 hours ago, Shane88L said:

Hi Hayduke,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. I've decided to simply keep away from all medications, just to be safe.

It may simply be something psychosomatic, brought on by stress or related to the withdrawals, so I'm trying to make some more small changes in my lifestyle to attempt to remedy the allergic type symptoms.

Update on Negative Symptoms (I will write the positive things in a future post):

Well, I may as well be honest about some of the negative things I am facing on the road to recovery, so... Along with the constant throat itch I have daily, I also experience;

"Hot flashes", or whatever they are, happening very frequently now, every 5-10mns, I get waves of shiver-like hot/cold sensations running up and down my entire body, feeling like someone pouring hot/cold water over me, but not having the same intensity sensory wise...

I wake up dizzy and very light-headed every morning, and there are "pins and needles" like sensations in my hands, feet and top of my head for about 30mns after getting out of bed. It is as if I don't get enough oxygen to my brain when I sleep, but when I mentioned this to my wife, she told me that I seem to sleep well.

I would like to say that these symptoms are anxiety related, but I never had this before taking that medication, even though I was anxious then also, so it must be physiological - something to do with the nervous system.

It really does seem to take a very long time to heal!

My heart seems to pound rather heavily in my chest, no matter whether I rest or do exercise. Maybe it is due to my body being "stuck" in fight/flight mode...

I am seeing white flashing sparks/stars in my vision (they dance about like electricity in my view), which is quite distracting. Perhaps it is a separate issue not related to withdrawals though...

Tinnitus is there, always in the background and comes alive at night. I've grown more accustomed to it though, so it really is not a big deal.

I am no longer depressed though, and my anxiety is nowhere near the severe level it once was, which is just wonderful.

Healing is slow, but that's fine. I'm feeling good.

Wishing everyone the very best on their road to recovery.

Shane.

Hey man,

glad to hear you're moving forward albeit not as fast as you'd like to. It might be unpopular opinion but I think it's "awesome" you're dominated by physical symptoms vs mental. Personally I'd take pains, temperature changes, itches, etc over ahedonia, impending doom, agorophobia anytime.

Friendly advice if you can afford walk as much as comfortably possible. It is not neccesserily exercise itself but being a lot outside does wonders for nervous system.

Keep on truckin!

Paroxetin 20mg, Lexatonil 3mg - 5 pills total in December 2019 - CT.

Coaxil12.5mg, Fluanxol 1mg, Olanzapine 5mg, Bromazepam 3mg, Mirtazapine 30mg, Relanium injections, Zolpidem 10mg  full January - March 2019. CT all.

Finlepsin 1/4, Olanzapine 2.5mg, Relanium 5mg, Brintellix 20mg, Imovan mid April - early May 2019. CT all.

Brintellix 10mg 2019 May

Brintellix 5mg June - July

Brintellix 5mg August, 4.5mg September 7th - 4.6mg - 5mg ; November 21st - 4.8g December 5th - 4.6mg December 19th - 4.4mg January 3th - 4.2mg 17th - 4mg

Hi Zans,

Thanks very much for the kind words and advice. Very much appreciated!

Actually, I could do with more time among nature...

All the best!

Shane.

Reason for Medication

Anxiety (money problems, future, lack of physical safety, dangerous environment) causing mild insomnia.

Summary    

2010 - Lexapro - (took one tablet (vomiting, tremors, high anxiety) stopped without any issues)

2013 - Cymbalta - (60mg daily for 7 months - cold turkey without any major issues aside from nausea/vomiting, "brain zaps" and dizziness)

2013 - Seroquel - (a low dose for roughly 1 month - weight gain of 20kg, cold turkey because of rapid weight gain without any issues)

2018 - September 4th - (Cymbalta 20mg for two days, stopped due to tremors & anxiety)

2018 - September 9th - (Olanzapine 2.5mg until October 3rd, then 5mg once, then back to 2.5mg once, then took random varying doses every day for a week from 2.5mg up to 5.0mg due to panic caused by the drug, then I attempted withdrawal Cold Turkey (recommenced at lower dose after 4 days of trying to withdraw Cold Turkey - I took 0.625mg every night until I finally successfully stopped cold turkey roughly one week later).

4 hours ago, Zans said:

Hey man,

glad to hear you're moving forward albeit not as fast as you'd like to. It might be unpopular opinion but I think it's "awesome" you're dominated by physical symptoms vs mental. Personally I'd take pains, temperature changes, itches, etc over ahedonia, impending doom, agorophobia anytime.

Friendly advice if you can afford walk as much as comfortably possible. It is not neccesserily exercise itself but being a lot outside does wonders for nervous system.

Keep on truckin!

Hi Z

Couldn’t agree more re psychological v physical symptoms. I’m 5 months following CT amitriptyline. For the last few months, the depression, restlessness and anhedonia type symptoms completely trump the Parkinson’s like tremors, and nerve pains. I can also just about live with the mental confusion and anguish.

But the other stuff- utterly unbearable. Unfortunately for me these are deteriorating at a rate of knots. Also find all the posts advocating activities and distractions to be naive, since the anhedonia prevents that😡😡😡

God bless everyone.

Cymbalta 2007

Lyrica 2010

Venlafaxine 2010-2018

Amitriptyline October 2018-2019. (25, 50, 75, 100, 75, 50, 25)

CT 10 Sept 2019

Reinstate amitriptyline 5 mg 29 Oct 2019

Reinstate amitriptyline 2.5mg 19 Nov 2019

CT 24  Nov 2019

Vitamin D 16 Dec and Promethazine 25mg 16 Dec (one month only)

Hey @Shane88L

The hot flushes and body temperature dysregulation are awful.  I'm at the stage where I need aircon in the Australian summer or I'll have a lot of trouble.  To say the least this drug isn't suitable for this climate and I was never warned.  The c**ts know it's all getting hotter too.  I really hope these symptoms abate but I'm not expecting that to be soon.

The hot flushes come with things as simple as a cup of chamomile or green tea, but yeah familiar from limbic system/fight or flight being set off too.

There's a thread here: 

Cheers

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

• 6 months later...

Update time!

Coming up to 2 years since cold turkey from Zyprexa.

Feeling so much better. Everything is getting much easier than it once was. 

I'll keep updating in the future. 

Time is the great healer.

Love to you all - please stay strong during the misery of withdrawals. It gets easier, eventually.

Reason for Medication

Summary    

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for updating us.  We love hearing about improvements.

Q:  What symptoms are you still experiencing?

Q:  Have they reduced in severity?

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi,

I have some mild hot flushes through my body from time to time, but nothing severe. Some anxiety from time to time, but everything is so much easier to tolerate.
Changed my diet, exercising regularly, enjoying life. Senses are beginning to re-awaken it seems.

Shane.

Reason for Medication

Summary    

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for coming back with an update @Shane88L!  It is always wonderful to hear from people who are continuing to do well.  Very happy to hear that you are enjoying life.   Best wishes to you for continued good health! Glosmom

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

Nov - dose increases stopped at 1.5mg in Dec

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

Great to hear things are on the up @Shane88L!

The more of us that get clear of this muck the better.

Cheers

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

• 1 month later...

Pretty much at the 2 year mark now since stopping olanzapine.

Life can be challenging, but overall, it is enjoyable.

I do have some anxiety, with some periods of low mood, but for the most part there are more positives than negatives.

DP/DR is there, but I am no longer controlled by it. I live with some symptoms of it, with odd thoughts that arise from time to time, but even those thoughts feel less sinister to me now.

I dream vividly each night, but I don't mind that so much. I can separate myself from those dreams upon waking. The dreams I have tend to be recurring - regarding trauma from my past.

Overall, I feel much better in my skin now than I used to.

I've started taking CBD oil again, just as a small experiment. My wife is trying it also.

Reason for Medication

Summary    

On 10/8/2020 at 7:03 PM, Shane88L said:

Pretty much at the 2 year mark now since stopping olanzapine.

Life can be challenging, but overall, it is enjoyable.

I do have some anxiety, with some periods of low mood, but for the most part there are more positives than negatives.

DP/DR is there, but I am no longer controlled by it. I live with some symptoms of it, with odd thoughts that arise from time to time, but even those thoughts feel less sinister to me now.

I dream vividly each night, but I don't mind that so much. I can separate myself from those dreams upon waking. The dreams I have tend to be recurring - regarding trauma from my past.

Overall, I feel much better in my skin now than I used to.

I've started taking CBD oil again, just as a small experiment. My wife is trying it also.

Heyyyyyyy!

Although we didn't interact closely much I've been following your journey like a hometown team while swimming in pile of mud myself. I remember reading your updates last year thinking Olanzapine must have different effects on neuroplasticity since this guy has no recovery signs whatsoever. I am very pleased to see you slowly keep coming back to where you was before all this happened plus dare I say even better version of yourself? I understand you're still dealing with unpleasant "machinery" problems but it seems you developed meditation alike awareness. Also you'd probably second me that after what we've been through our treshold for pain/suffering and small daily life blows now stretches way further. My last lingering symptom is anhedonia but one day I literally laughed at it thinking how epic such sensation is in comparison to akathisia, impending doom and months lasting insomnia. I mean talk about reference point.

I'd like to humbly advice find time for long distance walking or any exercise that you're would joyfully do. I would willing to bet that your improvements will become even more significant with it.

Thanks for dropping update, wish you to continue get better!

Paroxetin 20mg, Lexatonil 3mg - 5 pills total in December 2019 - CT.

Coaxil12.5mg, Fluanxol 1mg, Olanzapine 5mg, Bromazepam 3mg, Mirtazapine 30mg, Relanium injections, Zolpidem 10mg  full January - March 2019. CT all.

Finlepsin 1/4, Olanzapine 2.5mg, Relanium 5mg, Brintellix 20mg, Imovan mid April - early May 2019. CT all.

Brintellix 10mg 2019 May

Brintellix 5mg June - July

Brintellix 5mg August, 4.5mg September 7th - 4.6mg - 5mg ; November 21st - 4.8g December 5th - 4.6mg December 19th - 4.4mg January 3th - 4.2mg 17th - 4mg

• 2 weeks later...

Right on @Shane88L !

• 2 weeks later...

Great News @Shane88L It’s so encouraging to see members improve. Thank you for posting. I’m a few months behind you. Maybe there’s hope for me too. Take care Shane, enjoy the little things and the big,  in fact just enjoy, enjoying!

Lexapro Fast Track/ Cold Turkey

Last dose end Dec 2018 

Tapered 1/2 a daily dose a week (20mg) for  14 weeks, last dose was a 20 mg pill!!  

3.5 times slower than Psychiatrist recommended, I felt proud of myself!! Little did I know!!!!Got too scared to reinstate because I’d left it too long.

On ADs for 20 years (Prozac approx 10 years/ Pristiq approx 3 years/ Citalipram approx 2 years/. Lexapro a approx  5 years/. Last two years 40mgs Lexapro day.

• Moderator Emeritus

So happy to hear about your continued recovery @Shane88L!!  Thank you for coming back to offer hope to the rest of us.  Take care, Glosmom

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

Nov - dose increases stopped at 1.5mg in Dec

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

Thanks for your messages everyone! 

Feeling about the same as I used to I would say, with anxiety heightened by the experience of withdrawals coupled with the trauma of past events causing me to seek help in the first place.

Feeling more self sufficient than I used to feel, and also feeling more independent, with a better understanding of what I will and will not tolerate in my life. 

Ringing in ears and hot and cold wave like sensations that wash over my body at times are there, but that is not so bad. I am still healing.

I'll drop by again to update in the future.

All the best! Shane.

Reason for Medication

Summary    

29 minutes ago, Shane88L said:

Feeling more self sufficient than I used to feel, and also feeling more independent, with a better understanding of what I will and will not tolerate in my life. 

Being clear on boundaries has changed everything for me.

More power to ya Shane

Cheers,

Hayduke

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

Hello, @Shane88L, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Apologies for my late response! Thank you for asking Altostrata. Overall, I am doing better than I have been since these withdrawals began. I still have dissociative symptoms in the form of dp/dr, and some tinnitus, and I continue to have vivid dreams. My mind is also quite active, where there seems to be a tireless dialogue inside my mind. Despite these things however, I am feeling, overall, much better. What I feel good about more than ever is my ability, these days, to "feel" more than I have in a long time, even going as far back as to when I was a child. Up until recently, I didn't realise how emotionally cut-off I was as an adult. I guess you could say that these withdrawals have been a blessing in disguise on some level for this reason. 

I'm no longer counting the days/weeks/months/years since the withdrawals started. There are good days, and not so good days, but that's fine. I feel capable now of taking care of myself without feeling the need to rely on some "quick fix" - I work through problems. I have learned to be patient with myself. 

All is ok.

I'll update again in the future.

I wish you all the very best.

Shane.

Reason for Medication

Summary    

• Mentor

Thank you, @Shane88L for this hopeful and precious message! I'm sure it will help many of us!

I wish you more and more better days! You deserve it!

@Altostrata: I'd love to see a sun shine in this thread!😊

July 2015: the 20mg citalopram for great stress begins

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

June 2020: adrenal crash. The beginning of Hell on Earth

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

Try meditating / mindfulness, walking every day, CBT/ACT, massage.

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

(Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy , Inferno, XXXIV, 139)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 12:20 AM, cantbe said:

Hi Shane I just want to say I'm there with you. I'm 3 months off the antipsychotic Abilify injection and I also feel nothingness, emptiness, numbness. My interests, desires, motivation, pleasures gone. I just couldn't care about things I used to. I try to like things but my brain just doesn't care. Like you I suffer from poor sleep. Since abilify I keep having shallow sleep with vivid dreams and I wake multiple times a night. Among those I also suffer from sexual dysfunction. Zero libido. It's like I lost myself. My depression has lifted unlike the first 2 months where I couldn't imagine what was happening to me. Now I'm just an empty person. I'm only 29 and can't imagine 40-50 years more of this.

Hi its been a while now, how is ur symptoms now, espescially anhedonia. Is it gone?

On 4/27/2019 at 3:40 PM, Shane88L said:

Last night I laughed. I truly laughed and it surprised me so much I almost started crying.. It felt so good to just laugh! 

Just something I wanted to write so I wouldn't forget.

Every day is an uphill struggle, but it is getting easier, gradually. 

How has it been after all these months? are u recovered?

On 5/2/2019 at 5:31 PM, VincentV said:

I can really relate to what you're saying Shane. I also have the dissociation, anxiety and anhedonia. Like you things are very slowly improving.

Hang in there pal.

hey, is ur anhedonia fixed after all these months or do you still struggle?

2011-2017 Antispychotics Invega and antidepressants lots of different ones, dont remember all of them

symbalta, seroxat, fenlafaxine, wellbutrin, prothiaden and so on.

2017-2020 Antipsychotic shot Trevicta and antidepressants effexor

2020 August started tapering off Trevicta 500mg to 350mg then cold turkey

2020 December tapering off effexor 150mg to 0 in 4 weeks

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

@Shane88L, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello @Altostrata, hello everyone!

I'm doing well enough, thanks for asking. I am still having vivid dreams every night which seem less imaginative than the once were, and now they seem to be more scenes of moments in my life, such as events of the previous day. It may not seem like such a big deal, but I often get confused between events in reality and those that appear in my dreams - Things I say or even actions taken I will mistake from time to time, and this can upset me, especially when I'm feeling low.

I have learned a lot, together with my wife who has been with me through it all, and I do feel like life is getting better, even with the strange dreaming each night.

Dp/Dr has, from what I have learned recently, been with my for most of my life, as I have recovered memories recently of being a small boy and having many panic attacks due to dp/dr related feeling and thoughts - The drugs didn't cause dp/dr I have learned. They just seem to have triggered it. It isn't a big problem for me now.

Ringing ears seems to be improving also.

I don't think I will ever be fully healed from the drugs and cumulative damage caused by traumatic events in my life, but I do believe that I will get to a stage in life where I feel relaxed being in my own body and experience more joy than pain. What I desire more than all else, and lose patience over a lot, is to forgive myself fully for the mistakes I have made in my life. 

All the best,

Shane

Reason for Medication

Summary    

Great to hear your healing journey is well underway Shane.

I used to be merciless on myself for what I saw as bad decisions.  Have been working on self care for some years now which is fun!  I found that self forgiveness just logically and intuitively followed once I realised what that trauma had done to my baseline state.  Emotions and cognition synced up for good.

Dreams are a gold mine...do you ever listen to the This Jungian Life podcast?  Those guys are all over it.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

@Shane88L HOw are your dreams ?

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

• 3 weeks later...

thank you for sharing your journey

I am presently on 0.97.5 Olanzapine and it is hell

I am hopeful one day I will get off and heal fully

You are an inspiration

Thank you so much

Anafranil 1990-2000/ Paxil 2000- 2010/ Effexor/ Pristiq very short term - months/Cirpalex 2010- 2011

Zoloft 2011-2020- low dosage 8mg-  March 2020 took Amoxicillin- developed severe insomnia

Ativan- off and on April 2020- October 2020 /Zopidem- off and on April 2020- October 2020

Paxil 5mg- June 2020- September 2020/ Cipralex 5mg 4 weeks

Olanzapine .50 May 2020- October 2020  /Luvox- 10mg- October - 2 weeks/ Elavil 5mg- October - 2 weeks

Reinstated Olanzapine 1mg November 2020/ melatonin 3mg/ Vit D, Iron

Reduced Olanzapine 0.95mg July 2021- Reinstated 0.97.5 mg -October 2021 -November 2021 Reinstated 1mg Olanzapine, Nov 2022  0.98mg Olanzapine

• 2 months later...
On 12/20/2018 at 8:36 PM, Shane88L said:

I'm over 3 months into my withdrawals now.
This is/has been the hardest thing I've ever/am still going through in my life. I have lost myself. I question reality every day now. My feelings are merely fleeting shadows of what they once were. I am a walking piece of meat. I feel my soul has disappeared. 
Everyday, I wake from a sleep of nightmares which are far more real than this waking life is. 
Where has love gone?? What is it to feel...? How did I live my life up until this point, so... devoid of this torture?
Without emotions, humans are, essentially, the walking dead - condemned to a tortured existence until death releases us.
Existential thoughts plague me constantly. There is no rest for me, no respite from this torment. 
I don't panic anymore despite a constant free-floating anxiety. Panic has left me also, despite this hellish semi-existence. 
Derealization and Depersonalization with existential thoughts are with me 24/7. As is a deep, deep depression. I cannot imagine what it was like for me before this experience. I feel like I'll never be the same.

Why do we exist? To suffer? 

thank you! one  of the closest  descriptions to my situation  I've read. sertrAline and olanzapine too

SECOND TIME USING MEDICATION

> quetiapine (seroquel)

09/08/22 300 mg    10/24/22 400mg    11/02/22 500mg    01/02/23 700mg  03/09  650mg  04/20 600mg    05/12 550mg   06/11 500mg    07/15 450mg    07/29 400mg

FIRST TIME USING MEDICATION (sorry did not use mm/dd/year but dd/mm/year)

>    OLANZAPINE (ZYPREXA)

07/21 10mg      08/21 20mg       09/21 15 mg        10/21 10mg then 5mg     11/01/21 off Olanzapine

>    SERTRALINE (ZOLOFT)

08/21 100mg        09/21 supposedly 150mg as prescribed, 200mg as a mistake for a while       10/21 100mg        11/21 50mg       12/11/22 off Sertraline

>    LITHIUM
07/21 300mg (1 pill)        08/21 600mg        09/21 900mg (stabilized in blood tests)     10/21, 11/21, 12/21, 01/22 tapered off in the course of 2 weeks     02/22 off Lithium

@Shane88L can you do a new update on the existencial aspect? I love your writing through all this topic..❤

SECOND TIME USING MEDICATION

> quetiapine (seroquel)

09/08/22 300 mg    10/24/22 400mg    11/02/22 500mg    01/02/23 700mg  03/09  650mg  04/20 600mg    05/12 550mg   06/11 500mg    07/15 450mg    07/29 400mg

FIRST TIME USING MEDICATION (sorry did not use mm/dd/year but dd/mm/year)

>    OLANZAPINE (ZYPREXA)

07/21 10mg      08/21 20mg       09/21 15 mg        10/21 10mg then 5mg     11/01/21 off Olanzapine

>    SERTRALINE (ZOLOFT)

08/21 100mg        09/21 supposedly 150mg as prescribed, 200mg as a mistake for a while       10/21 100mg        11/21 50mg       12/11/22 off Sertraline

>    LITHIUM
07/21 300mg (1 pill)        08/21 600mg        09/21 900mg (stabilized in blood tests)     10/21, 11/21, 12/21, 01/22 tapered off in the course of 2 weeks     02/22 off Lithium

• 11 months later...

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I've written any updates here, but I have been visiting now and again. I hope everyone is doing well.
I just felt like I needed some support, so I have decided to update.

I have got covid and this is day 7, and my wife is on day 11 (she has tested negative today).

I feel very depressed and anxious - A constant nausea in my stomach, and I am feeling very weak overall. 
I was wondering whether this depression/anxiety is affecting others in a similar situation and how they are coping with it. I feel very vulnerable and teary...
I'm worried about long-term depression/anxiety due to covid since hearing about long covid as this depression/anxiety hit out of the blue a few days ago...

Shane.

Reason for Medication

Summary    

Night 8 - I have very odd, metallic smells when I take a breath in (I smell cut, old grass everywhere it seems) 

I feel not myself... I am sweating a lot, my face turns red, I have feelings of dread, I wake up after a very shallow sleep sweating and feeling anxious, my brain feels "hot" or tingling... 

I am very tired, but just can't rest...

I am trying to tell myself that I am safe and ok...

Reason for Medication

Summary    

Hope you feel better soon. I was on 15mg of olanzapine for 3 years then 20mg for 1 year. Im now successfully(i think) on 5.35mg. 

So if youve been having a lot of withdrawal symptoms after one month of being on 2.5 -5mg im thinking mines going to be pretty severe when i get to the lower doses. 

Anyway if you need a friend im available. 

(I dont doubt that this drug is eeextremely horrible. My sincere empathy goes out to you and your situation)

https://friendsforpeers.angelfire.com/Index.html - my website and discord server

Zyprexa (not sure what mg) But got off after a month of being put on in hospital. early 2007 Respirodol (experienced ackathesia so got off in 4 - 6 months from a 6mg dose) Later 2007 tried Seroquel but got offbecause didn't like it.  Later 2007 tried Abilify but had ackathesia, got off2008 - 2015 Unmedicated but on Serequel 800mg when hospitalized   Later 2015 - Unmedicated but put on Prolixyn when hospitalized (Had very uncomfortable stiffness so got off immediately when out of hospital)2016 Unmedicated but put on Haldol when hospitalized (caused Seizures and stiffness couldn't lay down for 3 days until taken off) Later 2016Tried Zyprexa irregular dosesEarly 2017 Put on Zyprexa 15mg stayed on 15 mg until 2020 January 2020 Zyprexa 15mg didn't seem to be working so increased to Zyprexa 20mgOctober - December 2020 Reduced Zyprexa from 20 mg to 15mg to 10mg to 7.5mg to 5mg to 2.5mg. Hospitalized January 1st 2021March 2021 15mg Zyprexa April 12.5mg Zyprexa  May, June and July 10mg Zyprexa, August 7.5mg Zyprexa, September 1st toOctober 23th 2021 5mg Zyprexa.  October 23rd - December 13th 3.75mg Zyprexa December 13th - January 12th 3.1mg Zyprexa HOSPITALIZED FOR 4.5 MONTHS put on 10mg then 15mg then 20mg of Zyprexa (Givenlong acting injection of Thorazine as well).  May 23rd 2022 Reduced from 20mg to 17.5mg Zyprexa, June 9th 15mg started nighttime. April 2023 taken off Zyprexa cold turkey and put on two monthly injections of Invega Sustena.

1 hour ago, Guile1 said:

Hope you feel better soon. I was on 15mg of olanzapine for 3 years then 20mg for 1 year. Im now successfully(i think) on 5.35mg. 

So if youve been having a lot of withdrawal symptoms after one month of being on 2.5 -5mg im thinking mines going to be pretty severe when i get to the lower doses. 

Anyway if you need a friend im available. 

(I dont doubt that this drug is eeextremely horrible. My sincere empathy goes out to you and your situation)

Srry i went too long to edit... wasnt trying to minimize your hell of withdrawal in the last message, just thinking mines also going to be really terrible when i get to lower doses since ive been taking the drug at high doses for 6+ years. 

I really feel for your situation and it occured to me when i read your posts that you sounded like somebody i would be friends with. 

https://friendsforpeers.angelfire.com/Index.html - my website and discord server

Zyprexa (not sure what mg) But got off after a month of being put on in hospital. early 2007 Respirodol (experienced ackathesia so got off in 4 - 6 months from a 6mg dose) Later 2007 tried Seroquel but got offbecause didn't like it.  Later 2007 tried Abilify but had ackathesia, got off2008 - 2015 Unmedicated but on Serequel 800mg when hospitalized   Later 2015 - Unmedicated but put on Prolixyn when hospitalized (Had very uncomfortable stiffness so got off immediately when out of hospital)2016 Unmedicated but put on Haldol when hospitalized (caused Seizures and stiffness couldn't lay down for 3 days until taken off) Later 2016Tried Zyprexa irregular dosesEarly 2017 Put on Zyprexa 15mg stayed on 15 mg until 2020 January 2020 Zyprexa 15mg didn't seem to be working so increased to Zyprexa 20mgOctober - December 2020 Reduced Zyprexa from 20 mg to 15mg to 10mg to 7.5mg to 5mg to 2.5mg. Hospitalized January 1st 2021March 2021 15mg Zyprexa April 12.5mg Zyprexa  May, June and July 10mg Zyprexa, August 7.5mg Zyprexa, September 1st toOctober 23th 2021 5mg Zyprexa.  October 23rd - December 13th 3.75mg Zyprexa December 13th - January 12th 3.1mg Zyprexa HOSPITALIZED FOR 4.5 MONTHS put on 10mg then 15mg then 20mg of Zyprexa (Givenlong acting injection of Thorazine as well).  May 23rd 2022 Reduced from 20mg to 17.5mg Zyprexa, June 9th 15mg started nighttime. April 2023 taken off Zyprexa cold turkey and put on two monthly injections of Invega Sustena.

15 hours ago, Shane88L said:

I am trying to tell myself that I am safe and ok...

You are safe, and will be OK, but that can be difficult to accept in the midst of an event like having COVID. I am sorry that both you and your wife are going through this currently but we are here to support you as we can.

Pre- October 2022: Wellbutrin, Escitalopram, CitalopramSertraline, Adderall IR, Vyvanse, Propranolol, Buspar, Ativan, and Latuda

Oct 13, 2022 - Oct 24, 2022 and Oct 31, 2022 - Present: Zyprexa (2.5 mg). Jan 14, 2023 -> Began transition to liquid suspension. Jan 29, 2023 = 2.375mg -> Feb 12, 2023 = 2.25mg -> Feb 27, 2023 = 2.14mg -> Mar 12, 2023 = 2.025mg -> Mar 27, 2023 = 1.93mg -> Apr 10, 2023 = 1.82mg -> Apr 23, 2023 = 1.74mg -> May 7, 2023 = 1.64mg -> May 21, 2023 = 1.56mg -> June 4, 2023 = 1.48mg -> June 19, 2023 = 1.4mg -> July 2, 2023 = 1.33mg -> July 16, 2023 = 1.26mg -> July 31, 2023 = 1.2mg -> Aug 13, 2023 = 1.14mg -> Aug 27, 2023 = 1.08mg -> Sep 13, 2023 = 1.02mg -> Jan 22, 2024 = 0.97mg -> Feb 4, 2024 = 0.92mg -> Feb 19, 2024 = 0.87mg -> Mar 3, 2024 = 0.83mg -> Mar 17, 2024 = 0.78mg -> Mar 31, 2024 = 0.74mg -> Apr 14, 2024 = 0.7mg -> Apr 28, 2024 = 0.66mg

Oct 14, 2022 - Present: Prozac (40mg) upped from 20mg on Nov 1, 2022.

Oct 31, 2022 - Present: Gabapentin (300mg 3x day) -> May 3, 2023 = 300mg 2x day -> Oct 1, 2023 = 570mg -> Oct 15, 2023 = 540mg -> Oct 29, 2023 = 510mg -> Nov 13, 2023 = 484mg -> Nov 27, 2023 = 460mg -> Dec 9, 2023 = 436mg -> Dec 24, 2023 = 414mg -> Jan 7, 2024 = 400mg

On 1/3/2023 at 2:27 PM, FireflyFyte said:

You are safe, and will be OK, but that can be difficult to accept in the midst of an event like having COVID. I am sorry that both you and your wife are going through this currently but we are here to support you as we can.

Thank you for your support. This is such an anxiety-inducing time... My wife can't smell or taste anything since she got covid, soon coming up on 3 weeks ago... 

Reason for Medication

Summary    

On 1/3/2023 at 2:19 PM, Guile1 said:

Srry i went too long to edit... wasnt trying to minimize your hell of withdrawal in the last message, just thinking mines also going to be really terrible when i get to lower doses since ive been taking the drug at high doses for 6+ years. 

I really feel for your situation and it occured to me when i read your posts that you sounded like somebody i would be friends with. 

Hello! Thank you for your message :) I hated how those tablets affected me... It was a bumpy road, and I am not sure if I am yet fully healed (coming up to 5 years off olanzapine once this October arrives) I'll be here to listen when/if you need.

Reason for Medication

Summary    

Night 10 of covid (the second double line was barely visible but it was there, so I guess that means that I'm still testing positive).

Definitely not feeling myself...

Reason for Medication

Summary