☼ meistersinger

meistersinger

Meistersinger,

I got a good chuckle from your Cresson Mountain spin out comment on another thread!

To others: we hail from the same geographic area.

To others: Not quite. I did my undergraduate work close to her hometown. Her hometown is in western central PA, close to State College. My hometown is south central PA, specifically York, PA, aka the Nation's First Capitol (the Articles of Confederation were signed here.)

History:

1995--Prozac--Quit CT by GP

1995--Effexor--Quit per my GP

1996--Amitriphene--Quit CT when changed GP

2005--Citalopram and BusPar. Prescribed when I decompensated in my GP's office. GP referred me to behavior health. Psychiatrist prescibed these drugs. Taken off citalopram in 2011 due to FDA warning. Quit Buspar during transition to viibryd.

Viibryd--2011 to present. Had a severe reaction in March 2012. Advised both GP and Psychiatrist I was trying to get off these drugs.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meistersinger

• Skyler

• Barbarannamated

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had my Viibryd refilled this afternoon. Viibryd is definitely soluble in water. I mixed 20ml water with 10 mg tablet of Viibryd. We shall see what happens...

Of course, I should have known my brother would object. I had marked by bottle for my use only. He got his nose bent out of shape, saying, well maybe his refrigerator is for his use only. I probably should have made the comment that this stuff, like insulin, should be kept refrigerated. But, as usual, I kept my mouth shut. He's still in a snit because he had to give my car a jump this afternoon.

History:

2005--Citalopram and BusPar. Prescribed when I decompensated in my GP's office. GP referred me to behavior health. Psychiatrist prescibed these drugs. Taken off citalopram in 2011 due to FDA warning. Quit Buspar during transition to viibryd.

Viibryd--2011 to present. Had a severe reaction in March 2012. Advised both GP and Psychiatrist I was trying to get off these drugs.

Meistersinger,

Your description of dog breeds gave me a chuckle. We had 2 chocolate land, sisters from one litter. They were wonderfful, but not the brightest bulbs in the box. ;) We heard several times that chocolates are not as smart as their black and yellow cousins.

The reactive vs. Proactive comment hit home. I feel like I've been trying to jump thru hoops for years. Job hunting is hard enough, but I have to get doctor to approve what I can do, go thru my ex-employer disability program to end my benefits, etc. I continue to be unemployed, still on disability.

Actually, we (my brother and I) think Margaret, the lab, is mixed with a Pattondale Terrier. If so, it's about time she earns her keep by catching mice (which are giving me fits to no end).

History:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Gov. Corbett for elimination two safety nets I rely on while I wait for uncle sugar to make a determination on my disability. General assistance no longer exists in PA effective 1 July. Most mental health services have now been slashed to next to nothing. Thanks for starting the panic attacks again, although that may because of my current taper of 2.5 (5ml) mg of Viibryd to 2.25 mg (4.5 ml) that I started this past Monday.

Part of the payout from Mom's estate came through 2 weeks ago. Unfortunaty 3/4 of it is gone. The majority went to the brother I'm living with to pay him off for part of the living expenses that went on while her will was being executed by the other jackass brother (the other brother that says depression does not exist and Asperger's is a fraud, as well as me being a lazy-assed bum and a pathalogical liar. He's always right, and everyone else is full of sh*t. Why do you think I stay holed up in my room, Mr. High and Mighty? Why do you think I never married? Why do you think I should go out and make nice with the first person I see, even though I'm terrified of strangers? Why do you think a child screaming in either a tantrum or a meltdown sends my anger and anxiety literally through the roof? Why do you think when I was still working I always had to change my plans when someone else decided not to show for work annoyed me to no end, but I covered for them anyway? Why did you and everyone else raise hell when I took off work when it got to be too much for me to handle, only to have you and the rest of my family call me a lazy-ass bum who doesn't deserve to live? Why is it I was always the family idiot unless your computer broke down. Why is it you always expected me to do your computer repair work for free? Why is it that you don't mind being perfect, yet I get roundly bitched out for being a perfectionist? WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK I GOT SUCKERED INTO TAKING ANTIDEPRESSANTS? Why do you think I blame myself for everything that goes wrong in the world, even if it is out of my control?)

To everyone on this board. I apologize for spewing my vitriol. I'll go back to lurking.

History:

Meistersinger,

I'm very disappointed (angry!) to hear of the cuts to alternative care in Pennsylvania. I've seen the system at work and know it helps individuals and reduces recidivism and reliance on inpatient psychiatry. I mentioned this to the CPS I know in PA and he's not aware of job cuts yet. Can you contact any Peer providers directly (Goodwill, etc?). I understand the funding is doled out disproportionately.

I'm sorry. It feels awful to have so little support and then distress coming from those who *should* be supportive.

B

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Meistersinger,

I'm very disappointed (angry!) to hear of the cuts to alternative care in Pennsylvania. I've seen the system at work and know it helps individuals and reduces recidivism and reliance on inpatient psychiatry. I mentioned this to the CPS I know in PA and he's not aware of job cuts yet. Can you contact any Peer providers directly (Goodwill, etc?). I understand the funding is doled out disproportionately.

I'm sorry. It feels awful to have so little support and then distress coming from those who *should* be supportive.

B

I have an assessment with behavioral health on the 10th.

I also have an appointment on the 12th with OVR. Other than that, I have not contacted anyone. I do know the local warm line, which I have had to call a few times, has been cut to 4 hours per week. I would not be surprised if they shut down completely in the near future. If I could sue the government, i would. Nowadays, those with the money get the attention, those of us that squeal the most get the shaft.

History:

It certainly limits the non-pharmacologic options.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

It certainly limits the non-pharmacologic options.

I still have Medicaid as well as, from what I can ascertain SNAP. It's just how do I pay for the prescriptions that are non formulary (landis, as well as Viibryd, my glucose sticks and syringes?)

History:

Sometimes the treating physician can write a statement saying that you need drug _____ because you've failed drugs X, Y, Z (on formulary). Also, the Patient Assistance/Support programs MIGHT help with this. There are so many different programs, I'm uncertain of the criteria. It *seems* that the makers of Viibryd would prefer to keep you as a customer even on their own dime. They love those letters saying "yours is the ONLY drug that worked for me and ive tried EVERYTHING!" [sARCASM SIGN] Play the game, in other words.

Sometimes the treating physician can write a statement saying that you need drug _____ because you've failed drugs X, Y, Z (on formulary). Also, the Patient Assistance/Support programs MIGHT help with this. There are so many different programs, I'm uncertain of the criteria. It *seems* that the makers of Viibryd would prefer to keep you as a customer even on their own dime. They love those letters saying "yours is the ONLY drug that worked for me and ive tried EVERYTHING!" [sARCASM SIGN] Play the game, in other words.

Only problem with patient assistance is around here, it goes through Healthy York Network. I don't qualify for Healthy York Network because I am on Medicaid. The network charges a 5.00 administration fee per prescription. I guess I'll be talking to the church whenever I need to refill anything non-formulary (at least until I get something working with OVR, or Social Security discovers my developmental disability.)

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

At least until I get something working with OVR, or Social Security discovers my developmental disability.

And you need to find out if your lawyer thinks it wise to amend the medical info you submitted. I'll be interested to hear how the meeting with the Rehab Counselor goes. Hmmm, I wonder if OVR would get the info to them? ~S

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

At least until I get something working with OVR, or Social Security discovers my developmental disability.

And you need to find out if your lawyer thinks it wise to amend the medical info you submitted. I'll be interested to hear how the meeting with the Rehab Counselor goes. Hmmm, I wonder if OVR would get the info to them? ~S

If wellspan doesn't lose my paperwork, I have instructed them to forward all my paperwork to my attorney. I let my attorney's paralegal know of this, and she got a little annoyed at me for being proactive.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

If wellspan doesn't lose my paperwork, I have instructed them to forward all my paperwork to my attorney. I let my attorney's paralegal know of this, and she got a little annoyed at me for being proactive.

Hi Meister.. err, sometimes you get into 'question' mode, and my guess is she has felt a tad beleaguered on occasion, but this is really important, and you may need to push thru regardless. But take alternative routes whenever possible? Having people forward paperwork is a good idea. ~S

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Now if I could get the anxiety and dry heaves down to a manageable level, since I just cut my Viibryd dosage to 2.25 mg (4.5ml liquid) earlier this week. I just started with the dry heaves this afternoon. The tinnitus has gotten worse, although It lessens as the day goes by.

History:

I too get dry heaves...what a way to start the day...

Saltine crackers are good for that and quickly inhaling an alcohol pad will stop it ded in it's tracks. Learned that from a Recovery Room Nurse after surgery.

What is Viibryd? Is it an AD?

Nikki

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Saltine crackers are good for that and quickly inhaling an alcohol pad will stop it ded in it's tracks. Learned that from a Recovery Room Nurse after surgery.

Nikki

It is a relatively new antidepressant, being approved last year to treat major depressive disorder. It is not indicated for bipolar (like myself). I had a major reaction to it earlier this year, which is why I trying to get off of it. I was on the minimum dose(10 mg) when that happened. The psychiatrist tried to get me to go c/t off this drug. I titrated down to 5 mg for about 3 weeks, then to 2.5 mg for the past month. I discovered it was soluable in water, so I made it into a liquid suspension. I just now cut to 2.25 mg(or 4.5mliquid).

History:

Nikki

It is a relatively new antidepressant, being approved last year to treat major depressive disorder. It is not indicated for bipolar (like myself). I had a major reaction to it earlier this year, which is why I trying to get off of it. I was on the minimum dose(10 mg) when that happened. The psychiatrist tried to get me to go c/t off this drug. I titrated down to 5 mg for about 3 weeks, then to 2.5 mg for the past month. I discovered it was soluable in water, so I made it into a liquid suspension. I just now cut to 2.25 mg(or 4.5mliquid).

Here it is, Nearly 3 July, 2012, and I still can't get to sleep. My brother, who I am temporarily living with, until he had enough of my problems and kicks me out on the street, or I can get in a group home (I have asperger's, being that developmental disabilities is the only thing DSM IV got half right) has been raising hell about my constant akathisia and insomnia, let alone depression. I recently dropped to 4.5 ml of liquid Viibryd and have been dry-heaving for the past 3 days. I still feel horrible. It also doesn't help my room is at 85degrees f. I was told IN NO CERTAIN TERMS was I to put any air conditioner in the window, even though I have a compromised immune system (no thank to diabetes and this damned Viibryd). His stance is if he could withstand the heat in the middle east during desert storm, then dammit, so will you. It's bad enough I signed over most of my inheritance from Mom's estate to him to keep the peace. It's bad enough I've been decompensating almost every day. He cares more for his dog than he does for his older brother. My other brothers want nothing of me either. I now know how barb, Gianna, and Claudius feel. I'm supposed to start CBT sometime, I don't know when, to treat the underlying depression that comes with asperger's. When does this misery end?

History:

Im sorry you're struggling so much, Meistersinger. The heat must be brutal. You're getting the kind of heat we usually get. I cant imagine not having A/C.

I hope the akathisia calms down soon.

Thinking about you~

B

Im sorry you're struggling so much, Meistersinger. The heat must be brutal. You're getting the kind of heat we usually get. I cant imagine not having A/C.

I hope the akathisia calms down soon.

Thinking about you~

B

I'm usually OK when he's at work or he goes away. It's to the point I can't stand being in the same neighborhood with him. I'm already in shutdown mode, (the other type of meltdown for an adult with asperger's) and barely talk to anyone. My big thing is he raises all sorts of hell when I screw up, yet he'll turn around and do the exact same thing I did, yet I'm allowed to say nothing because, as my other brothers keep reminding me, it's HIS house. I don't even want to think about July 4, with all the fireworks, screaming kids, etc.

Funny thing is, he says he took one of the online evaluation for aspergers. He scored higher than I did (from what he tells me). He considers it all bulls***. Oh, and you don't think our nephew and niece are lower functioning autistic then, eh?

Anyhow, it's just a matter of time now for DPW's bureau of autism services to send me the paperwork, and talk to OVR next Thursday for intake. Hopefully I can find a single bedroom apartment , that way I no longer have to deal with family ever again.

History:

Would you explain more about Shutdown Mode? I know extremely little about Asperger's or autism, but recently when I attempt to describe how I feel ive said "It's what I imagine autism to be like". I honestly never thought of it before; never had social anxiety of any sort. It's a very alienating feeling.

Would you explain more about Shutdown Mode? I know extremely little about Asperger's or autism, but recently when I attempt to describe how I feel ive said "It's what I imagine autism to be like". I honestly never thought of it before; never had social anxiety of any sort. It's a very alienating feeling.

Autism is a developmental disability, for lack of a better term. Kanner-style autism is the low functioning type. It is what my nephew and niece suffer from. That type of developmental problem was noticed by Leo Kanner at Johns Hopkins back in 1938. Asperger's syndrome was noticed by Hans Asperger in 1942. It wasn't really known until about 1980, when his papers were translated into English. It is the high functioning form of autism.

When someone pushes me too far, or I go into sensory overload, I go silent and take it out on myself, rather than put my fist through the wall or to someone's body. Part of the reason I have problems with depression, since Melting down gets me in a lot of trouble. Best way I can explain an Asperger's meltdown is the episode from star trek where Mr. Spock did the mind meld with an Orion, who was supposedly so ugly that the mere gaze upon the being would cause instant madness. The diatribe I posted the other day would qualify as a meltdown.

The other problem with Asperger's is we can be brutally honest. You ask my opinion, you get it straight answer, and it sometimes can be painful. For me, I don't sugarcoat anything. Also, Asperger's are quite inflexible with rules. The biggest reason I lost my job at Papa Johns is I got a traffic ticket and reported myself to management. Never mind that I was old reliable, I broke the rules, and deserved to be fired. Those of us with aspergers can be our own worst enemy. There is no grey area with us: it's either black or white. I was even blaming myself for Mom's death for a while, since she got sick shortly after I got fired.

We usually take everything at face value. We're the last one's to get the punch line of a joke, if we get it at all. Sarcasm and hyperbole are usually foreign to us. We also have problems reading non-verbal cues. We can also be cold and aloof and lacking in the social graces, unless you get us in a conversation on our favorite subjects. We're also perfectionists. Nearest comparisons we can make is Mr. Spock, Lt. Data and 7 of 9 from the Star Trek series. We're geeks and oddballs, and are easy prey for bullies. Most of us have the high IQs to prove it. Sufferers can also be their own worst enemies. Don't even try to get us to look you in the eye, since we get intimidated. We are also klutzes. Our motor skills are not exactly the best. We may have problems in early childhood development, especially when it comes to speech, but watch out when we start start talking, because we sound like college professors.

If you seen my other posts, there is quite the controversy about the changes to developmental disorders in DSM 5. Like anything else with the APA, it's nothing but politics. As if DSM IV is already 98% bull$***. Developmental disorders are probably the only thing DSM got right. Mark Twain was right: there are 3 types of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics.

Anyhow, plug aspergers behaviors into your favorite search engine to learn more. Plug aspergers and DSM 5 into a search engine, and you'll see why the developmental disorder activist groups are up in arms. Best example of an asperger's child is the cartoon series Arthur. There is an episode where George, who suffers dyslexia, meets Carl, who suffers from asperger's. It's a little stereotypical, since autism is a spectrum disorder (meaning we don't display all the behaviors, but for kids, it does a good job of explaining Asperger's.

History:

Thank you, Meistersinger. That's very interesting. I have 2 friends with sons who are Asperger's and I get along well with them. They're both about 10-12 but carry on better conversations than most adult men. They're very precise and love geography, maps and weather, specifically. Amazing memories for facts!

Do you watch Big Bang Theory? There is debate among Asperger's people about whether the character, Sheldon, is or is not, but he's very much as you describe. I believe the show's writers say he was not written to be, but he has some features (sitcom-ized, of course). Genius.

What is Rainman? Savant of some type? When I was travelling last summer, I stopped in the town where the one Rainman (Joseph Sullivan) is from. (Huntington, W.Va?) It was interesting talking to people who know him and his family. His mother began a special program in Autism at Marshall College there. I realize this is different but it came to mind.

I imagine speaking your mind/not candy-coating can create strife, but I wish I had more of that at times.

Thank you, Meistersinger. That's very interesting. I have 2 friends with sons who are Asperger's and I get along well with them. They're both about 10-12 but carry on better conversations than most adult men. They're very precise and love geography, maps and weather, specifically. Amazing memories for facts!

Do you watch Big Bang Theory? There is debate among Asperger's people about whether the character, Sheldon, is or is not, but he's very much as you describe. I believe the show's writers say he was not written to be, but he has some features (sitcom-ized, of course). Genius.

What is Rainman? Savant of some type? When I was travelling last summer, I stopped in the town where the one Rainman (Joseph Sullivan) is from. (Huntington, W.Va?) It was interesting talking to people who know him and his family. His mother began a special program in Autism at Marshall College there. I realize this is different but it came to mind.

I imagine speaking your mind/not candy-coating can create strife, but I wish I had more of that at times.

I can bet those kids are also bullied to no end. I know I was, both in school, at home and professionally. Aspergers sufferers have a hard time reading non-verbal cues, hence the naïveté. Is it any wonder a good many of us end up with depression, let alone able to find meaningful employment?

I've watched Big Bang Theory a few times. It really didn't impress me. Criminal Minds Dr. Reed is a little more representative of someone with Aspergers. The episode of Arthur cartoon series (it's up on you tube) where george meets Carl, while a little stereotypical, pretty much hits it on the head.

I've not seen Rainman. I have not seen a new motion picture since 1982. But, from what I understand, he was a low functioning autistic with savant abilities.

People have always made cracks about my voice, as if I am shouting. That has always annoyed me. Turns out that this is part of the spectrum.

IQ is another item you need to be careful with. I took a few online IQ tests, and ended up in the idiot savant range. I'm not a visual thinker, nor am I a logical thinker. My scores on the graduate record exam bore that out. I scored 1500 out of 1700 on the verbal portion of that exam, and 200 on both the math and logic portions. I've never tested well on these exams, although I might be able to fly through the Miller Analogies Test with no problem.

History:

I can bet those kids are also bullied to no end. I know I was, both in school, at home and professionally. Aspergers sufferers have a hard time reading non-verbal cues, hence the naïveté. Is it any wonder a good many of us end up with depression, let alone not able to find meaningful employment?

I've watched Big Bang Theory a few times. It really didn't impress me. Criminal Minds Dr. Reed is a little more representative of someone with Aspergers. The episode of Arthur cartoon series (it's up on you tube) where george meets Carl, while a little stereotypical, pretty much hits it on the head.

I've not seen Rainman. I have not seen a new motion picture since 1982. But, from what I understand, he was a low functioning autistic with savant abilities.

People have always made cracks about my voice, as if I am shouting. That has always annoyed me. Turns out that this is part of the spectrum.

IQ is another item you need to be careful with. I took a few online IQ tests, and ended up in the idiot savant range. I'm not a visual thinker, nor am I a logical thinker. My scores on the graduate record exam bore that out. I scored 1500 out of 1700 on the verbal portion of that exam, and 200 on both the math and logic portions. I've never tested well on these exams, although I might be able to fly through the Miller Analogies Test with no problem.

History:

July 4th 2012 2:25 am eft. My anxiety is going high again. I'm still dry heaving. When does this wave end? My sleeping has been fitful. I've also been seeing twitching in my fingers on my right hand. I'm not sure if it is because of my typing on my iPhone, or if it is tardive dyskenesia. It has been 3 days since I reduced my dosage of Viibryd to 4.5 ml. When can I get back to getting some sleep? I do not want to start taking benzos, especially after seeing the problems others have had trying to discontinue their use.

The temperature in my room right now is 85.6 degrees farenheit. My brother would raise hell if I put the a/c in the window. I'm getting real sick of his double standards. No, he does not have a/c, but he is raising hell about money. I've already signed over most of Mom's inheritance to him, and he turns around and spends it like a fish. He just bought a new BBQ grill. Yet, if I were to spend money for something other than essentials, he raises hell. He's raising he'll already because I'm up half the night, dry heaving, as well as walking around the house. He refuses to believe what I am going through. I wish I could drop dead right now, as these panic attacks are misery.

History:

July 4th 2012 2:25 am eft. My anxiety is going high again. I'm still dry heaving. When does this wave end? My sleeping has been fitful. I've also been seeing twitching in my fingers on my right hand. I'm not sure if it is because of my typing on my iPhone, or if it is tardive dyskenesia. It has been 3 days since I reduced my dosage of Viibryd to 4.5 ml. When can I get back to getting some sleep? I do not want to start taking benzos, especially after seeing the problems others have had trying to discontinue their use.

The temperature in my room right now is 85.6 degrees farenheit. My brother would raise hell if I put the a/c in the window. I'm getting real sick of his double standards. No, he does not have a/c, but he is raising hell about money. I've already signed over most of Mom's inheritance to him, and he turns around and spends it like a fish. He just bought a new BBQ grill. Yet, if I were to spend money for something other than essentials, he raises hell. He's raising he'll already because I'm up half the night, dry heaving, as well as walking around the house. He refuses to believe what I am going through. I wish I could drop dead right now, as these panic attacks are misery. I can't wait till july 12 gets here, when I meet with OVR and my caseworker. Otherwise, it's there's the door, get out and don't come back. I guess I'll have another meltdown, since it is that painful.

I've also read Dr. Shipko's web site earlier tonight. I am wondering if I am one of the few where getting off this stuff may be doing me more harm than good? If so, then I am really screwed.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

The temperature in my room right now is 85.6 degrees farenheit. My brother would raise hell if I put the a/c in the window. I'm getting real sick of his double standards. No, he does not have a/c, but he is raising hell about money. I've already signed over most of Mom's inheritance to him, and he turns around and spends it like a fish. He just bought a new BBQ grill. Yet, if I were to spend money for something other than essentials, he raises hell. He's raising he'll already because I'm up half the night, dry heaving, as well as walking around the house. He refuses to believe what I am going through. I wish I could drop dead right now, as these panic attacks are misery. I can't wait till july 12 gets here, when I meet with OVR and my caseworker. Otherwise, it's there's the door, get out and don't come back. I guess I'll have another meltdown, since it is that painful.

I've also read Dr. Shipko's web site earlier tonight. I am wondering if I am one of the few where getting off this stuff may be doing me more harm than good? If so, then I am really screwed.

Hi meister, I'm very sorry to hear you the situation with your brother continues unabated, especially given the withdrawal symptoms you are having. You took a 10% reduction in Vibryyd.. it sounds like it was just too much. How about usdoseing to 4.75 mgs?

I'm very glad you are seeing the OVR worker soon. I know 8 days must seem forever, especially give withdrawal symptoms, but you have been waiting for so long that an imminent appointment really is an improvement.

You are not one of the few Dr. Shipko is taking about, you just took a cut that was too steep for you.

When you feel better, let me walk you thru setting up a sig line? Whenever you ask a withdrawal question, I need to go back thru your history to check... hope that would be okay In the meantime, do try going back up on that dose for relief. Schuyler

PA has an adult autism waiver through welfare dept. I have already called for an application, but it might take as long as 2 weeks to receive it.

Hi meister, I'm very sorry to hear you the situation with your brother continues unabated, especially given the withdrawal symptoms you are having. You took a 10% reduction in Vibryyd.. it sounds like it was just too much. How about usdoseing to 4.75 mgs?

I'm very glad you are seeing the OVR worker soon. I know 8 days must seem forever, especially give withdrawal symptoms, but you have been waiting for so long that an imminent appointment really is an improvement.

You are not one of the few Dr. Shipko is taking about, you just took a cut that was too steep for you.

When you feel better, let me walk you thru setting up a sig line? Whenever you ask a withdrawal question, I need to go back thru your history to check... hope that would be okay In the meantime, do try going back up on that dose for relief. Schuyler

I'm actually at 2.25 mg. I managed to dissolve a 10 mg tablet in 20 ml water. So 2.25 mg=4.5 ml. I'll try going back to 5 ml and see what happens.

As for my sig, I thought I already set that up. I'll try firing up my Mac and take a look.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm actually at 2.25 mg. I managed to dissolve a 10 mg tablet in 20 ml water. So 2.25 mg=4.5 ml. I'll try going back to 5 ml and see what happens.

As for my sig, I thought I already set that up. I'll try firing up my Mac and take a look.

Meister, try going back to 4.75 mls.. that well might be enough. More laterz.

Meister, try going back to 4.75 mls.. that well might be enough. More laterz.

I tried last night. The dry heaves stopped, the anxiety ratcheted down, but I'm still up at 2:00 AM in the morning, and have problems getting back to sleep. I do know people in the Autism spectrum have this problem: ask my sister-in-law, since the two youngest always have this problem. I've also had this problem even before the antidepressants, which I always thought was stress. Look at the posting on the asperger's graduation speech. It was written by another Asperger's sufferer as a joke (contrary to popular belief, some of us do get the point of a joke, but it has to be obvious), but a lot of that message rings true.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

I tried last night. The dry heaves stopped, the anxiety ratcheted down, but I'm still up at 2:00 AM in the morning, and have problems getting back to sleep. I do know people in the Autism spectrum have this problem: ask my sister-in-law, since the two youngest always have this problem. I've also had this problem even before the antidepressants, which I always thought was stress. Look at the posting on the asperger's graduation speech. It was written by another Asperger's sufferer as a joke (contrary to popular belief, some of us do get the point of a joke, but it has to be obvious), but a lot of that message rings true.

Hi meister.. I'm glad the withdrawal symptoms stopped when you updosed. This was to 4.75 mgs? That is a 5% reduction and would mean you need to take this size cut as you taper. You are planning to hold for a month?

I read the speech and it's very good. Stress is the most common cause of insomnia and you are having a lot of stress in your life at present. ~S

Hi meister.. I'm glad the withdrawal symptoms stopped when you updosed. This was to 4.75 mgs? That is a 5% reduction and would mean you need to take this size cut as you taper. You are planning to hold for a month?

I read the speech and it's very good. Stress is the most common cause of insomnia and you are having a lot of stress in your life at present. ~S

I most certainly plan to hold it there. It was 4.75 ml. Equal to 2.5 mg, which I was at previously.

I did contact an Asperger's support group in Philadelphia, regarding an adult autism waiver. Unfortunately, there are no funds available and a long waiting list (where have I heard that song before?). I was considering talking to the disability law center, but I'm afraid it might be a waste of time, given the current administration. PA government is so schizophrenic historically. You get 8 years of one party in the governor's office, then a different party for 8 years. It's about as corrupt as Illinois, where I lived for 5 years. The mere appearance of a political ad on tv sends me screaming. One of the other reasons I get depressed. I can't figure out who stands for what, since everything is obfuscated.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

Ouch... I would go for a micro taper so you might take the amount of drop and stretch it out over 30 days.. not get so sick at the outset, but you need to get's Alto's opinion. Sorry you got so ill, sounds like you were really miserable.

Ouch... I would go for a micro taper so you might take the amount of drop and stretch it out over 30 days.. not get so sick at the outset, but you need to get's Alto's opinion. Sorry you got so ill, sounds like you were really miserable.

The heat is not helping much. I feel a meltdown fast approaching. My brother's been raising hell again. I had my bedroom light on when he was getting ready for bed at 9:00. He snaps at me to turn off that f****** light. I went out on the patio after he went to bed and lost it. I didn't get to sleep until 2:30. It is now 4:00am and got jolted awake. He is already up, with every light in the house lit, getting ready for work. To him, I'll be a lazy bum no matter what I do. I could threaten to kill myself, and he would hand me the tools to do it, and tell me have at it. There's very little conversation going on around here. We're both irritable. I did sit in the reception lounge at the hospital list night to cool off.

I talked to my youngest brother the other night. I mentioned I wanted to put the Air Conditioner in the window, but his response was the same: not your house. Unfortunately, applying for an autism waiver is out of the question. There's no moneyand in the state budget, and there's a long waiting list. If this keeps up, I'll either be dead, on the street, or in jail, and nobody will give a damn. I could ask around at my church to see if anyone has a spare room, but I doubt that anyone will put up with my quirks.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

Just to let you know, I'm thinking for you in all the heat. I'm in MA and so far we have escaped the high temps, though I was almost hit by a tree that was hit by lightening.. I hope your brother reconsidered the air conditioner for your room as you not having one has to be a strain on everyone, himself included. Be well, and keep your cool (meaning temper). The reception lounge at the hospital sounds like a good idea, glad you have some place to escape. Hope there are others. ~S