☼ meistersinger

meistersinger

1345500726[/url]' post='29996']

meister, you might also go to the other churches in your town and ask the ministers if anyone can give you a room in exchange for chores.

You can ask the pastor and assistant pastor of your own church to vouch for you.

I made a call to my caseworker at OVR this morning. While there is a transitional housing program, that is administered by York/Adams Mental Health/Mental Retardation. York Area Agency on Aging has a domiciliary program, also coordinated through Mental Health/Mental Retardation. I awaiting a call back from my caseworker, since I have an existing case open. In addition, DPW has housing assistance for the homeless, the details which were not quite clear. If worse comes to worst, I'll have to suck up to my brother and his holier-than-thou wife. His daughter is now in Texas, and her daughter is now in Massachuettes. Maybe I can room there, and put up with their garbage. I have some money in savings, I might be able to swing a weekly room at one of the mom and pop motels in this part of town also. I can also ask the organist at church, since he is rather well known in these parts if any of his colleagues would know of any one in exchange for chores. Anything would beat living with the first shirt, since that's the rank this brother retired at from the Army Reserves.

History:

1995--Prozac--Quit CT by GP

1995--Effexor--Quit per my GP

1996--Amitriphene--Quit CT when changed GP

2005--Citalopram and BusPar. Prescribed when I decompensated in my GP's office. GP referred me to behavior health. Psychiatrist prescibed these drugs. Taken off citalopram in 2011 due to FDA warning. Quit Buspar during transition to viibryd.

Viibryd--2011 to present. Had a severe reaction in March 2012. Advised both GP and Psychiatrist I was trying to get off these drugs.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meistersinger

• Skyler

• Barbarannamated

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

1345500726[/url]' post='29996']

meister, you might also go to the other churches in your town and ask the ministers if anyone can give you a room in exchange for chores.

You can ask the pastor and assistant pastor of your own church to vouch for you.

I made a call to my caseworker at OVR this morning. While there is a transitional housing program, that is administered by York/Adams Mental Health/Mental Retardation. York Area Agency on Aging has a domiciliary program, also coordinated through Mental Health/Mental Retardation. I awaiting a call back from my caseworker, since I have an existing case open. In addition, DPW has housing assistance for the homeless, the details which were not quite clear. If worse comes to worst, I'll have to suck up to my brother and his holier-than-thou wife. His daughter is now in Texas, and her daughter is now in Massachuettes. Maybe I can room there, and put up with their garbage. I have some money in savings, I might be able to swing a weekly room at one of the mom and pop motels in this part of town also. I can also ask the organist at church, since he is rather well known in these parts if any of his colleagues would know of any one in exchange for chores. Anything would beat living with the first shirt, since that's the rank this brother retired at from the Army Reserves.

Hey hey... now you are thinking. My guess is you have developed so many contacts something will come through. It's a matter of how to avoid a coronary in the meantime. With state and town county services you might well be considered a priority and be bumped over a wait list.

Waiting to hear more.. Schuyler

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

26 years ago on this day my father died. I thought I was over his death (he died of liver cancer) but recently, this came rushing back during a therapy session. While he and I didn't get along very well, I took his death the hardest. The same with my mom, who will be gone 1 year come November. Is it any wonder I spend money like drinking water at this time of year? Now, I'm facing eviction from mom's house, which my one brother purchased, and other brothers are either trying to stay out of this mess, or don't seem to care what happens.

History:

2005--Citalopram and BusPar. Prescribed when I decompensated in my GP's office. GP referred me to behavior health. Psychiatrist prescibed these drugs. Taken off citalopram in 2011 due to FDA warning. Quit Buspar during transition to viibryd.

Viibryd--2011 to present. Had a severe reaction in March 2012. Advised both GP and Psychiatrist I was trying to get off these drugs.

It is now official. I am homeless.

I was in my mother's old bedroom when the one circulating fan decided to give up the ghost. I unplugged the fan, and took it out back for the trash. I went to the front room and sat on the recliner. My brother walks in the front door from walking his dog. He leaves out back to do her business. Next thing I hear are the F-bombs. He comes storming in the from room, sees me sitting on the recliner, grabs the remote for the TV, turns it on, and starts calling me every name in the book. He starts screaming get the F*** out of my house. I mutter under my breath, fine. I go back to my mother's room, lie down for about an hour, then got up, finished packing, took everything out to the car. When I came back for my suitcase, he was up, making something to eat. He sees me with the suitcase. As I leave, he slams the back door behind me, and locks the door. I drove to Gettysburg to see if one of my other brothers could put me up, but no luck, Since his daughter and future son-in-law are at the house. As he is now no longer executor oh the estate, he will do no further action.

As I don't want to stay at the rescue mission, which is in a bad part of twin, I'm at a loss on what to do next. I'll see what my church will do

History:

Oh no, that's awful! I'm sorry your brothers aren't more understanding. I hope you find a place to stay soon!

2003-2011: Paroxetine,Citalopram,Effexor; Aug/Sept 2011: Effexor to Mirtazapine; Oct 2011: C/T Mirtazapine back to Effexor; Nov/Dec 2011: Fast Tapered Effexor - w/d hell; Feb 2012: Reinstated Effexor 37.5mg; June 2012: Dropped to 35.6mg; Jan 2016: Propranolol 2.5mg per day for general anxiety; Feb 2016: Finasteride 0.25mg per week to slow hair loss; 18th May - 8th June 2019: Started Vyvanse 7.5mg and increased by 7.5mg weekly to 30mg (lowest “therapeutic” dose for adults).; 21st June 2019 - 12th July: Cross tapered from venlafaxine brand Rodomel to Efexor (1/4 > 1/2 > 3/4 weekly before ditching Rodomel); 13th July 2019: Cut Vyvanse dose to 15mg; 15th July 2019: Akathisia returned after years of being free; 16th July 2019: Went back up to Vyvanse 30mg

Supplements: Omega-3, Vitamin D, Zinc, Phosphatidylserine 

• Moderator Emeritus

I was in my mother's old bedroom when the one circulating fan decided to give up the ghost. I unplugged the fan, and took it out back for the trash. I went to the front room and sat on the recliner. My brother walks in the front door from walking his dog. He leaves out back to do her business. Next thing I hear are the F-bombs. He comes storming in the from room, sees me sitting on the recliner, grabs the remote for the TV, turns it on, and starts calling me every name in the book. He starts screaming get the F*** out of my house. I mutter under my breath, fine. I go back to my mother's room, lie down for about an hour, then got up, finished packing, took everything out to the car. When I came back for my suitcase, he was up, making something to eat. He sees me with the suitcase. As I leave, he slams the back door behind me, and locks the door. I drove to Gettysburg to see if one of my other brothers could put me up, but no luck, Since his daughter and future son-in-law are at the house. As he is now no longer executor oh the estate, he will do no further action.

As I don't want to stay at the rescue mission, which is in a bad part of twin, I'm at a loss on what to do next. I'll see what my church will do

Meister, I'm dreadfully sorry. Have you been in touch with your assistant pastor? I'm concerned about you being in Gettysburg and out of touch with the support system through your church. Also, how do you connect to the internet, do you have wifi, is this connection in jeopardy.

Gosh... want it to be different for you.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

MS,

Please keep us posted as you can.

Do you have any funds? Some little hotels have extremely low weekly rates. That would buy a little time.

Im trying to think of any resources I have in your area..

Where are you currently?

I am so sorry this is happening to you.

B

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Meister, I'm dreadfully sorry. Have you been in touch with your assistant pastor? I'm concerned about you being in Gettysburg and out of touch with the support system through your church. Also, how do you connect to the internet, do you have wifi, is this connection in jeopardy.

Gosh... want it to be different for you.

I am currently at the church. The pastoral staff are currently in a staff meeting. THe assistant pastor is going to try to arrange a room at the YMCA temporarily, until I can get to my hearing on the 14th of September.

Actually, it was the exector of Mom's estate that lives close to Gettysburg. He washed his hands of the entire matter. As for the Y, I'm not sure if they have wifi. I'm currently working off my phone. I thought I was vindictive. Maybe this brother should be taking the antidepressants, as he's been spending money faster than me. As a matter of fact, I was told not to expect any money back from him, since he had to put up with the bs, and I'm the one responsible for Mom's death. Excuse me? I never saw him help out very much. I did what she asked of me, paid her rent when I had some money initially, did her shopping, took her shopping when she was well enough to go, and never asked for much, compared to this brother and her executor. And I'm the one taking antidepressants? Maybe he should take some Prozac.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

I am currently at the church. The pastoral staff are currently in a staff meeting. THe assistant pastor is going to try to arrange a room at the YMCA temporarily, until I can get to my hearing on the 14th of September.

I'm very glad to know someone is working with you on this and hope you can continue to be in touch with us by internet/phone (I don't know how that works.. I don't use a cell). Hmm, I wonder if the Y will prove to be better than being with your brother despite the inconvenience. That last go round with him was dreadful, how long did the two of you live together?..

I'll be watching for updates... ~S

I'm very glad to know someone is working with you on this and hope you can continue to be in touch with us by internet/phone (I don't know how that works.. I don't use a cell). Hmm, I wonder if the Y will prove to be better than being with your brother despite the inconvenience. That last go round with him was dreadful, how long did the two of you live together?..

Before or After Mom's illness and funeral? After the Funeral , 9 months, before she got sick, at the same address, 20 years.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

Before or After Mom's illness and funeral? After the Funeral , 9 months, before she got sick, at the same address, 20 years.

Lovely, so he moved in after your Mom died and now after what sounds like a deliberate effort, has managed to get you to leave. A real sweetheart. Life sure can be a tragedy.

Glad you are out of there.. sorry it had to be so difficult to shake him though.

That's good news about the YMCA, MS. I suspect you'll feel more welcome and at ease there than at "home".

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

That's good news about the YMCA, MS. I suspect you'll feel more welcome and at ease there than at "home".

The church was unable to get me in at the YMCA. They put me up in a motel 6 for tonight through noon Friday, when I meet with my caseworker at mhmr. I am trying to get in a group home through another social service agency, or a domicilary program through the area agency on aging.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

The church was unable to get me in at the YMCA. They put me up in a motel 6 for tonight through noon Friday, when I meet with my caseworker at mhmr. I am trying to get in a group home through another social service agency, or a domicilary program through the area agency on aging.

Sounds like things are moving forward, albeit at a glacial pace. I thought that once your brother took action you would get help as many agencies have a priority list. Will you have internet this weekend?..

I have it through my iPhone. It is slow, but will do for now.

Unfortunately, since nothing was ever put in writing, I'm stuck. Even if I still had a key to the house, he'd have me arrested if I showed up at the house.

When I did get up this morning, I was shaking. Took my blood sugars, and it was below 50. When I went grocery shopping last night, I did buy a bottle of grape juice. I deal some of that, and feel a bit better.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, since nothing was ever put in writing, I'm stuck. Even if I still had a key to the house, he'd have me arrested if I showed up at the house.

When I did get up this morning, I was shaking. Took my blood sugars, and it was below 50. When I went grocery shopping last night, I did buy a bottle of grape juice. I deal some of that, and feel a bit better.

Meister.. though it saddens me to say this, I'm hopeful the world will start to look like a better place once you are settled into your own diggs. This has to be the absolutely worst way to get there, but you have been so miserable with your brother for so many months now it has to have effected your overall well being.

Is the problem you have no access to a fridge. How are you eating for the next few days, did the church give you any money toward food. Do you have funds to pay on your own. You need to be able to keep foodstuffs like the grapejuice.. orange juice or grape juice, maybe some peanut butter crackers.

Huge hug, you are doing very well despite the adverse circumstances.

We are all pulling for you, ~S

Meister.. though it saddens me to say this, I'm hopeful the world will start to look like a better place once you are settled into your own diggs. This has to be the absolutely worst way to get there, but you have been so miserable with your brother for so many months now it has to have effected your overall well being.

Is the problem you have no access to a fridge. How are you eating for the next few days, did the church give you any money toward food. Do you have funds to pay on your own. You need to be able to keep foodstuffs like the grapejuice.. orange juice or grape juice, maybe some peanut butter crackers.

Huge hug, you are doing very well despite the adverse circumstances.

We are all pulling for you, ~S

The Motel 6 does have microwaves and refrigerators in every room. There is a convience store across the street, and 3 family restaurants close to the motel. There is a supermarket about 1/2 mile away. I have SNAP benefits, so I am able to get groceries.

I got a call back from the parish administrator this afternoon. The church will be paying for my stay here through 12 noon Sunday, which is checkout time.

That jackass of a brother I Used to live with will not relent on anything. Since the man from my church is having issues getting a construction project completed for his sister, he is not able to do the work. He recommended another acquaintance from church, who works with him from time to time. I emailed my brother if this would be acceptable. He emailed back he will find a contractor and have the bill sent to me. Knowing him, and how vindictive he can be, he will find the most expensive to have the entire house done. He works for a major lumber and supply company, so he already knows who is the most expensive contractor.

I talked to disability rights yesterday when they called about intake, and their opinion is this is a civil matter, which is out of their purview. I'm tempted in talking to a lawyer friend, and see what he has to say.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

That jackass of a brother I Used to live with will not relent on anything. Since the man from my church is having issues getting a construction project completed for his sister, he is not able to do the work. He recommended another acquaintance from church, who works with him from time to time. I emailed my brother if this would be acceptable. He emailed back he will find a contractor and have the bill sent to me. Knowing him, and how vindictive he can be, he will find the most expensive to have the entire house done. He works for a major lumber and supply company, so he already knows who is the most expensive contractor.

Do you need to fulfill the commitment to your brother? Seems to me you need the funds wayyyy more than he does and given his actions.. well. How about getting a second opinion from the assistant minister. Would the situation with your brother get any worse if you don't pay??

1345766331[/url]' post='30273']

1345752620[/url]' post='30256']

Do you need to fulfill the commitment to your brother? Seems to me you need the funds wayyyy more than he does and given his actions.. well. How about getting a second opinion from the assistant minister. Would the situation with your brother get any worse if you don't pay??

Yes, he will sue me for every thing he can get from me. That is how vindictive he is. I just might wait until he sends me the bill, then talk to my attorney. It is only his name on the deed, so I'm not sure what will happen.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, he will sue me for every thing he can get from me. That is how vindictive he is. I just might wait until he sends me the bill, then talk to my attorney. It is only his name on the deed, so I'm not sure what will happen.

Hi Meister.. this is not the sort of thing that turns into a big suit. My guess is, it could end up in small claims court, but I'm not even sure about that. A regular law suit is just not part of this picture. This said, please ask the assistant minister for his advice before you write any checks to your brother. Again, you need the funds way more than your he does, and given the circumstances, he has a nerve to ask you.

You are no longer under the same roof as your brother and do not need to subject yourself to any more of his bullying.

i just got back from MH/MR. The only option I have right now is the rescue mission, which is not exactly in the best part of town. All the service organizations (SAM, Philhaven, Bell Socialization, York Area Agency on Aging, etc.) all have long waiting lists. I'll try again with the churches, but am not holding out much luck. If, after Sunday, I ever get back online, I'll post more.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

i just got back from MH/MR. The only option I have right now is the rescue mission, which is not exactly in the best part of town. All the service organizations (SAM, Philhaven, Bell Socialization, York Area Agency on Aging, etc.) all have long waiting lists. I'll try again with the churches, but am not holding out much luck. If, after Sunday, I ever get back online, I'll post more.

Gosh M, I'm sorry to hear this. Not what you wanted for sure. I hope you come up with more from one of the churches.

• Administrator

You could post on craigslist.org asking for a room in exchange for chores, with your pastor acting as a character reference.

Sometimes people who own apartment buildings want an on-site superintendent to do small repairs and help out with maintenance.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1345837816[/url]' post='30323']

You could post on craigslist.org asking for a room in exchange for chores, with your pastor acting as a character reference.

Sometimes people who own apartment buildings want an on-site superintendent to do small repairs and help out with maintenance.

I have already done so. I had one reply, and have yet to hear back. I might talk to a friend who is an attorney. His wife, and brother-in-law, used to be music directors at my church. Since they now attend different churches, they might know of someone.

History:

Have you checked Youth Hostels, temporary housing, house sitting, eldercare?

In our situations, we have to think outside the box. Someone might not be actively seeking a housemate, but could benefit from having company around.

Can you make an arrangement with the hotel you're at to pay later or a reduced rate?

Perhaps Goodwill or Salvation Army might know of something.

I think you mentioned this organization, but just in case...sounds like they have several types of housing.

http://bellsocialization.com/services/housing-supports/

What town are you currently in? I dont know that area well.

Do you have a car? Are there decent campgrounds around where you will be safe and have facilities? Your computer skills must be worth a place to lay your head.

Meistersinger, I am so sorry you are in this difficult position.

Have you checked Youth Hostels, temporary housing, house sitting, eldercare?

In our situations, we have to think outside the box. Someone might not be actively seeking a housemate, but could benefit from having company around.

Can you make an arrangement with the hotel you're at to pay later or a reduced rate?

Perhaps Goodwill might know of something.

What town are you currently in? I dont know that area well.

Do you have a car? Are there decent campgrounds around where you will be safe and have facilities? Your computer skills must be worth a place to lay your head.

Meistersinger, I am so sorry you are in this difficult position.

I'm still in York, about 1/2 mile from the Harley-Davidson Plant, and about 1/2 mile from the I-83 interchange.

I've been asking, but getting nowhere fast. From what the caseworker tells me, all the service agencies have long waiting lists in the area, and it's not endemic to the York area. Lancaster, Harrisburg, Gettysburg, Lebanon, Carlisle, and Chambersburg are just as jammed with the service agencies in their respective areas.

I talked to my sister-in-law this afternoon, as she is fixing some pants for me. She doesn't know what to tell me herself, as she and my brother have enough problems. She asked about the brother in Gettysburg to help. I told her I spoke to him Tuesday night after being thrown out of the house. His response was, no room at the inn, since his step-daughter and her fiancé are still there. She comes back, "You mean to tell me they haven't left for Rhode Island yet?", since he was accepted into the graduate program at the University of Rhode Island, and she will aupposedly be teaching in a private school in Massachuettes. Besides, this brother is tells me, we like to entertain. I'm not the most social person around. I never was, hence the reason my youngest brother and his wife suspected Asperger's with me, which was confirmed by the therapist.

Frankly, I'm scared to all get out. I might not survive this.

History:

I imagine it is very scary. It will work out. You have alot of people trying to help.

Hang in there, ok? Be sure to eat good. You need to take care of your body, especially in times of stress.

Keep posting and I will let ya know if I come up with any ideas.

B

I imagine it is very scary. It will work out. You have alot of people trying to help.

Hang in there, ok? Be sure to eat good. You need to take care of your body, especially in times of stress.

Keep posting and I will let ya know if I come up with any ideas.

B

Thanks. At least some people care.

History:

Just posting as I find things..

York Helping Hands

http://www.yorkshelpinghand.net/Programs/tabid/58/Default.aspx

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks. At least some people care.

Just so you know, I'm reading all your posts and saying a prayer. I hope you get some zzzzzzzs tonight my friend. ~S

• Moderator Emeritus

I may not survive this, unless I can stay temporarily in the teen meeting room at the church, or even in the server room at the church.

M.. What are the chances you can use the teen or server room at the church?

In the next message below, I reposted the two messages you just wrote in the events, actions and opinions as they detail how you got to be where you are now. Hugs to you ~S

• Moderator Emeritus

From a previous post by Meister:

I have a reconsideration hearing on September 14 with Social Security in Harrisburg, PA at 11:10 AM. As far as some of my brothers are concerned, I am a bum, a fraud and a liar, even with a diagnosis of asperger's this past June. I have been trying to find work from June of last year to June of this year. I have had exactly 5 interviews in that amount of time. Four of those interviews were by telephone for a telecommute position. Of those 4, one was a 1099 position for a subcontract job with Best Buy. I was already to proceed until I saw the contract. I forwarded the contract to my attorney, who in short, said not to sign, and if I wanted further details, it would cost me $500.00 and 2 hours of time to go over the finer points of this document. I immediately requested this company remove my name from consideration. The other 3 positions emailed me back 15 minutes after their respective interviews, which also lasted 15 minutes, that my application would not be considered.

Of the 2 in-person interviews, one employer, who I worked for very briefly, 5 years earlier as a contractor, took almost 3 months to make a decision, even with my constant calling to check on the status of my application. The lady I spoke to in the Human Resources Department, eventually told me to stop calling every week, as it was not her decision to make, and would not give me the name of the person making the personnel decisions. The other position, was a telephone position for a local catering company. I did the usual courtesies after the interview, a thank you note sent via email, but only ever received the normal thanks, but no thanks letter via email.

Around March of this year, I had a severe reaction to Viibryd, roughly 6 months after I started on this drug. While everything started OK on this "drug," i started having crazy thoughts, brain fog, brain zaps, cognition problems, anxiety attacks, anhedonia, derealization, flu-like symptoms, etc. My psychiatrist perviously had me on citalopram and buspar, which caused me to gain weight, had massive hunger, and raised my already high blood sugar even higher (I am an insulin-dependent diabetic.) I found this board, as well as the depression forums, to help me through the hell that is withdrawal.

Unfortunately, my family, except for maybe my youngest brother and his wife, who have 2 children that are low-functioning autistic, and who I found out today, their son was admitted to the University of Pittsburgh Medical center, where he was put on some sort of psychotropic medicine (his mother didn't say what "drug" he was on) that he a very bad reaction. While I have not spent time with my nephew, his mother still says he still has digestive issues, although he is beginning to show signs of intelligence. The remainder of the family, including the brother that recently threw me out of the house, making me homeless, do not believe in depression, nor do the believe my asperger's diagnosis. The brother that lives in Gettysburg, promised mom on her deathbed he would "take care" of me and my brother. Some care. As soon as I was thrown out of the house, I drove to Gettysburg to talk to this brother. He was not happy I got him out of bed at 11:00pm. His attitude was, don't come to me, I am no longer executor of mom's estate, you knew this brother was a jackass long ago, and should have gotten out at least 2 years ago. Besides, I have no room in the house, since my step-daughter and her fiance are still here, and we like to entertain, so get lost. If it weren't for the church, I wouldn't have this motel room until Sunday.

Franly, as I said earlierin my thread, I'm scared. The only thing available is the Rescue Mission, which is in a very bad part of town. I'm still looking for a place that will give me a roof over my head, a bed, kitchen privileges in exchange for reasonable chores. I posted the same description in an ad on craig's list, but only one taker, and he has not responded back to my reply. I may not survive this, unless I can stay temporarily in the teen meeting room at the church, or even in the server room at the church.

• Moderator Emeritus

From a previous post by Meister:

I am mostly hunt and peck typing also, right now on my iPhone.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's back in June. I am pretty much the oddball. It also doesn't help that the unemployment rate for those of us with Asperger's estimated to be between 80 and 100 percent, even during good times.

I have always been into music as far back as kindergarten. I earned a BA in music history, with a minor instruments in clarinet and voice, although I don't do either lately. Carpal Tunnel did me in on the clarinet, and I haven't done much singing since my late mother started getting feeble.

I did earn my master's degree in library science, however, it came from a school that was not accredited by the American Library Association.

I got into I.T. after graduate school, with a major library automation vendor, doing telephone tech support. It was both a blessing and a curse. A blessing in that I could talk shop with the company's clientele. A curse because I would be overwhelmed with number of calls I would take in a day. I was also notorious for taking on additional work, which led to burnout. This would be the pattern that would follow me all my professional life.

I was also notorious for spending money I didn't have, whether it was with credit cards, or for writing checks that would come back insufficient funds. No matter how hard I tried, I could never control the spending. Because of that, my credit is totally ruined. The best job I could actually find until recently was delivering Pizza. I ended up losing that job due to a traffic ticket. I have now been unemployed over a year, with no prospects of ever finding work.

While I was working at the Pentagon, the GP I was seeing at the time put me on Prozac. I had a pretty strong reaction almost immediately, since I nearly snapped several times at a 2 star General. My GP at the time took me off that cold turkey and placed me on Effexor. Effexor neay ruined my voice, as well as gave me tinnitus. I was cold turkeyed off that and put on amytriphalene. I was told the side effect of this would be a hangover in the morning, which I certainly got. I cold turkeyed off that when I switched doctors, after losing my job at the Pentagon. I was off psychotropics when I made a switch to a doctor in a community clinic which did not believe in antidepressants.

After working, and losing, a job I had with a contractor for Apple Computer that was based in Baltimore, I ended up switching GP's again. I ended up going to a different community clinic. I eventually made the mistake of "breaking down" in my GP's office. This clinic is part of a local hospital group. They sent me to behavioral health, where the psychiatrist put me on citalopram and Buspar. They had also started me in group therapy, which only lasted 2 sessions, since the therapist had a massive heart attack, and the group was disbanded. I was just having med checks every few months by the psychiatrist. He changed medications on me to Viibryd, mostly due to the FDA warning about high doses of citalopram and Qt interval prolongation. While citalopram and Buspar did me no favors, since my diabetes went out of control, which it never was controlled very well, due to all the stress I was suffering, it also made me gain massive amounts of weight, as I was always craving food. I was craving food due to the odd hours I was keeping delivering pizza. I was also sleeping 3 to 4 days at a time, another side effect of this cocktail of Buspar and citalopram.

While Viibryd appeared to work initially, I found out otherwise 6 months later. I had a nasty reaction that presented itself as the flu. I was dehydrated, even though I was drinking massive amounts of water. I began to suffer ahedonia. I felt like I also smoked several sticks of marijuana, something I never would do. I could not get out of bed. I became delusional, believing that losing my pizza delivery job was the reason my mother died 5 months earlier. I lost all interest in everything. I began to spend money I didn't have again. I began to become more and more agoraphobic. The only time I would leave the house was to walk to the nearest grocery store, as Mom's car, which I was driving, was repossessed. My brothers, except the youngest one, accused me of talking her into buying for me, which I did not. She bought it so she could have me chauffeur her to where she needed to go, as she awas no longer able to drive. I was allowed to use it to get to work, as well as go to church.

Finally, he estate was settled, for the most part. The brother that bought her house demanded payment for all household bills incurred while the estate was in probate. After he bought the house in June, he became increasingly aggressive, due to changes in his job, as well as other pressures. He believes mental illness is laziness, pure and simple, even though his moods were changing faster than mine. While he wanted me out by Sept. 11, then Sept. 14, he kicked me out of HIS house this past Tuesday, all because I threw out an oscillating fan that stopped working, and I had the gall to sit in his favorite chair. Further, he is threatening to bill me for having my old bedroom repaired, from when the ceiling collapsed last year during the rains. It was my fault I got the funds out of Mom's checking account electronically, which she had me set up, but never used, from the insurance settlement. How was I to know the day I had a contractor friend from church scheduled to do the work that I would end up in the emergency room, with very low blood sugars, and mom would pass away the same day? While I did purchase materials to repair the ceiling, after a few months, due to all the bickering about the estate, I returned the materials and spent the money. When I made the mistake of purchasing an iPad, he threatened me with being arrested for insurance fraud. I repurchased of those.materials, along with a money order to pay for the labor. Unfortunately, the friend who was to do this work is stuck on another project, and is unable to do the work. He recommended another person that works with him on occasion. This was not acceptable to this brother, who said he will find someone and send me the bill. Since he works for a major lumber yard and home furnishings company, he'll find the most expensive contractor around, taking what money I have left. It has been like walking on eggshells around "the First Shirt," since he is retired Army Reserves who was details to ship all the equipment back home after Desert Storm. While I don't know if he is Ntagonistic with his fellow employees, he has most certainly been that way with me, as well as mom while she was alive. The ironic thing is, he has never lived by himself. I have, for 10 years, and could not handle living alone.

I am currently in a motel until Sunday, when I end up back in the streets. I do not want to go to the rescue mission, as it is in a rough part of town. I would not last 2 minutes in that environment before being assaulted, or killed. To say that I 'm in a panic is putting it kindly.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi again.. I just ran into someone in my area who is an activist with autism, etc. She said to check out Grasp.org and also Google the following string. "autism resources pa" and "autism service organizations". I told her you were connected with OVR and she said that most of their counselors are not familiar with the resources for Aspergers. I'll be looking too, and maybe Barb when she reads this.. just so you know.

Hmm, there is a list of resources for PA on this page GASP link You can also email them about your circumstances.. err, but maybe edit the message so it keeps to a page or less to start? :)

1345915515[/url]' post='30408']

Hi again.. I just ran into someone in my area who is an activist with autism, etc. She said to check out Grasp.org and also Google the following string. "autism resources pa" and "autism service organizations". I told her you were connected with OVR and she said that most of their counselors are not familiar with the resources for Aspergers. I'll be looking too, and maybe Barb when she reads this.. just so you know.

Hmm, there is a list of resources for PA on this page GASP link You can also email them about your circumstances.. err, but maybe edit the message so it keeps to a page or less to start? :)

I've already contacted GRASP. They are unable to help with housing, because of the long waiting lists in PA.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

This probably does not help for the present, but reading the work history you gave.. I think you will be able to hold employment, but you need a job coach. OVR will set you up with one..

For now, I hope your church will let you stay in one of the two areas you describe above. You deserve a break!