coldturkmama Recovered after Paxil cold turkey

coldturkmama

27 minutes ago, coldturkmama said:

longer than that unfortunately.

wow that sucks looks like I have a very long road ahead but thank you for the honest truth. However, I’m glad that is behind you now 🙂 

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

1 hour ago, peaceandlove said:

wow that sucks looks like I have a very long road ahead but thank you for the honest truth. However, I’m glad that is behind you now 🙂 

im trying to think of exact timelines and I feel like it got a lot better for me the more I practiced mindfulness.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I feel like it was around the 3-4 year mark but that’s also when I started really accepting those intrusive thoughts as not scary and practicing claire Weekes’ and The Anxioys Truth methods more. 

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

On 8/18/2023 at 1:22 PM, coldturkmama said:

im trying to think of exact timelines and I feel like it got a lot better for me the more I practiced mindfulness.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I feel like it was around the 3-4 year mark but that’s also when I started really accepting those intrusive thoughts as not scary and practicing claire Weekes’ and The Anxioys Truth methods more. 

Yes I do yoga, meditation & try to do things around the house to keep me busy for the mindfulness. I know about Claire but I will check out the anxious truth. My nervous system is still so sensitive so I’m sure it’ll take awhile. Thanks for all the info & advice 

2 hours ago, peaceandlove said:

Yes I do yoga, meditation & try to do things around the house to keep me busy for the mindfulness. I know about Claire but I will check out the anxious truth. My nervous system is still so sensitive so I’m sure it’ll take awhile. Thanks for all the info & advice 

the anxious truth is based on claire

weekes’ work. Just a lot of going rag doll or or floppy fish as I named it lol 😂 you just allow your entire body to relaxxxx. Lots of redirecting thoughts and thinking in the moment etc

Takes practice not to react to scary thoughts. ❤️ 

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

Hi! I read your story many times to give me hope. In the years of your recovery did you experience premenstrual syndrome? Or generally problems around your periods ? 

April 2020: 10mg Escitalopram 

July 2020: fast tapper tried to quit. Failed. 
september 2020: Trintellix 20mg. 
october 2021: fast taper off Trintellix (1 week). Reinstated 10mg in January 2022 for 3 weeks, failed, kindling effect so I quit rapidly, now off meds since then. 

Wow, thank you for your success story. I’m in awe of your perseverance in the face of such a slow recovery. I’m only getting to 4 months out and I sometimes despair I will ever be able to function normally again. Did you take any supplements for energy and sleep? Hope you’re living your best post withdrawal life 

2013 Was put on fluoxetine 10mg for anxiety at 14

2014 six months on risperidone, taken off due to side effects

2015 one month of abilify, fluoxetine increased to 20 mg

2020 fluoxetine increased to 40 mg, trazadone 15mg for insomnia

2023 May 15 ct stopped both meds, reinstated 20mg of fluoxetine after suicide ideation

currently tapered down to 2.5mg

• 3 months later...

Are you able to take medicine or supplements now with no problems?

• 1 month later...

Hey ctm, 

I read your story and scrolled through your topic, I saw you mentionned worsen’ing of symptoms before periods. I suffer from that too; so I was wondering if you still have these premenstrual issues? Psychological/emotional symptoms and other ones more in between such as inner buzz/ head pressure almost akathesia, depressed guts etc?
I wonder if I’ll have this for life. Any help welcome. 

Thank you so much 🩵

April 2020: 10mg Escitalopram 

July 2020: fast tapper tried to quit. Failed. 
september 2020: Trintellix 20mg. 
october 2021: fast taper off Trintellix (1 week). Reinstated 10mg in January 2022 for 3 weeks, failed, kindling effect so I quit rapidly, now off meds since then.