MisterG: Off from all drugs from one day.

MisterG

Hello there,

My name is Angelo, and I was diagnosed with a lot of labels. I've had psychotic breaks, and I was put on a lot of differents medications. I've had 2 shots of Invega the Last year, but my mom Saved me from having more shots. I believed that taking antipsicotics would made me "normal again", but that's not true. I've tried a lot of antipsicotics during my life, and they never made me feel good, i felt good only after some months of quitting them. But now i'm scared because this time i was under antipsicotics for more than one year,(even more that 2 antipsicotic, Haldol Latuda and Talofen, later I found a psyschiatrist who choosed to let me quit all the medications)

I've had an extreme akathisia, but now it's a lot better, I felt so agitated that I try to Kill my self more than one time.

On the phisical Side i feel really bad, my muscles are really messed, i feel tired, weak...

I can't experience Joy, calm, relax, happiness is just an utopia for me, now. My memory is really bad, i'm scared that it's damaged forever, the only thing I want to do is sleeping to avoid this sufference, and this is why I took a benzo before writing this, i will post it and I will go to bed. 

The world seems really strange to me, i don't feel myself like a person But just like... just like "a thing". I don't see my Friends from a lot of time, and I don't want to see them, i'm not able to socialize anymore, i barely talk, sometimes i walk in a strange way, and I'm afraid that this time, it will Last forever. 

I would like to feel myself again, I would like to be again the smart Guy i used to be, i would like to heal from everything wich make me bad. But it just sound like impossible. I don't go to school, i don't make anything all the day, and even if I would want to do something, i would feel too bad to do it, i've tried. I live in Italy, wich is a beautiful nation, but I can't feel it. Even if I go to the Sea,  i don't feel anything, anything. I started to cry again, but I don't know if it's a sign of a progress, or just my disperation.

I've had a lot of dreams for myself, but now it looks like they disappeared.

What can I do? Is there somebody who had a similiar experience and recovered or just felt better?

I just have to wait?

Greetings,

Mister G.

Edited by Gridley
  • Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, MisterG.  I'm sorry you're feeling bad.

Were the drugs you were taking Haldol, Latuda and Talofen?  Did you stop them cold turkey (just stopped taking them without tapering)?

What benzo are you taking, what dosage and how often do you take it?  Are you taking any other psychiatric drugs?

The symptoms you describe are typical of withdrawal.  The good news is that the damage is not permanent and that you will heal, but it's going to take some time.  

What is withdrawal syndrome.

When we take psychiatric medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

These explain the healing process and are applicable to antipsychotics as well as antidepressants.

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

Brain Remodelling 

Here are some stories from members who have healed from antipsychotics.

Antipsychotic survivors? Interested in your stories - Success ..

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium  and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can answer my questions, ask your own questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

7 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Welcome to SA, MisterG.  I'm sorry you're feeling bad.

Were the drugs you were taking Haldol, Latuda and Talofen?  Did you stop them cold turkey (just stopped taking them without tapering)?

What benzo are you taking, what dosage and how often do you take it?  Are you taking any other psychiatric drugs?

The symptoms you describe are typical of withdrawal.  The good news is that the damage is not permanent and that you will heal, but it's going to take some time.  

What is withdrawal syndrome.

When we take psychiatric medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

These explain the healing process and are applicable to antipsychotics as well as antidepressants.

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

Brain Remodelling 

Here are some stories from members who have healed from antipsychotics.

Antipsychotic survivors? Interested in your stories - Success ..

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium  and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can answer my questions, ask your own questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Hello Gridley, thanks for your answers. I will read as soon as possibile the stories of those who survived antipsicotics. 

I've had in the past a real moron doctor who didn't make taper off the drugs, he just lowered them making my could turkey terrible. I survived it, in a way. Later, i meet another doctor who thought i was depressed, he put me in antidepressants but he saw that they don't make me feel good, they worsen me. The benzo i take is Tavor 1 mg, i take it from a lot of time, but I think it's the lesser evil medication. Am I wrong?

However, the withdrawal theory explain a lot of things, and I think there are explanation even for all the bad things wich happened to me. Could the prolonged could turkey having damaged me permanently? However, today, i feel a little bit better, but it happens a lot of time that I feel better and then is the same **** again, but never lose hope, right? I told my Mother about the supplements, she will but it, i give them a try. Do you think that Sarcosine or Glycine would be a good idea too? Do you know something about it? 

However, 

Greetings,

Mister G.

• Moderator Emeritus
13 minutes ago, MisterG said:

The benzo i take is Tavor 1 mg, i take it from a lot of time, but I think it's the lesser evil medication. Am I wrong?

Please be careful with the Tavor.  You can become physically dependent within 2 to 4 weeks of regular use and also with intermittent use.  Once you become dependent the drug no longer has the original benefit and you're just taking it to avoid withdrawal.  It's not meant for long-term use.

17 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Could the prolonged could turkey having damaged me permanently?

The damage is not permanent.  

17 minutes ago, MisterG said:

However, today, i feel a little bit better, but it happens a lot of time that I feel better and then is the same **** again, but never lose hope, right?

This is normal in withdrawal.  

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

I accidentally erased your question about sarcosine and glycine.  As I said in my first post, we don't recommend a lot of supplements because members report being sensitive to them.  I'd try the magnesium and omega first (one at a time).  If you want to try the other supplements, start at a low dose and introduce them one at a time.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

14 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Please be careful with the Tavor.  You can become physically dependent within 2 to 4 weeks of regular use and also with intermittent use.  Once you become dependent the drug no longer has the original benefit and you're just taking it to avoid withdrawal.  It's not meant for long-term use.

The damage is not permanent.  

This is normal in withdrawal.  

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

I accidentally erased your question about sarcosine and glycine.  As I said in my first post, we don't recommend a lot of supplements because members report being sensitive to them.  I'd try the magnesium and omega first (one at a time).  If you want to try the other supplements, start at a low dose and introduce them one at a time.

Thanks for your answers,  i will try. I've read the thing about the Window, it's an interesting theory. Now, i go to take some Coffee, smoke a cigarette and go to sleep. I know that I shouldn't but Coffee, cigarette and test are the only thing that helps me.

Greetings. 

Second day with no drugs.

Good Morning,

In Italy is morning, today I woke up, and I felt better in my physical healthy,  but I don't know if it will last through the day. I have a lot of Pain in my body, but I can tollerate it. Now, I go make a shower, i will see how it goes.

Greetings,

Mister G.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title
  • Moderator Emeritus

I have moved your new post to your Introduction topic.  This keeps all your information in one place.

Please continue to post here.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Mentor

Hi @MisterG 

3 hours ago, MisterG said:

today I woke up, and I felt better in my physical healthy,  but I don't know if it will last through the day.

This is a good sign, I hope you will be able to enjoy your day. Recovery is a journey, with waves and windows, and I truly believe we will all heal. With time and patience. 
Glad to see you found your way in here 🙂
All the best to you

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.