DebbieM24: Nefazodone Tapering

DebbieM24

I was surprised to see there  is little to nothing on this site for Nefazodone/ formally Serezone,,, I and many others have taken this Antidepressant for 20-30 years,,, suddenly there are no more and we are in forced weaning,,,
I was a nosedive when I had to go from 200 mg to 100 ( I had no extra pills & there were no other options,,,)
My husband called every drugstore on the planet & Found some pills- went back up to 150 mg about 2 weeks,,,headaches & fuzzy, nausea,,,
Went to 125mg felt no so great,,,,(finally found more pills & had my 2 other Drs write more scripts)
1 month on 125mg
Now on 100 mg,,,I want to wean safety & try to never take these pills again I’ve been on them on mostly (tried others) for 25 years,,,

thank you for any imput,,

I’m I have 123 -100mg

60-150mg that I plan on splitting to 75mg,,,

one month each dose? Till off ?

Debbie 

1999 Began Serezone  21 yrs on & off others tried Lexspro, celexa & Wellbutrin after this, no good for me)

2019 100mg -occasional clonapin & ambien 

2020 150 mg to 200 mg 1x day occasional clonapin & ambien 

3/13/21 began taper crash from 200-100mg

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

6/27.  75mg occasional clonapin & ambien 

Hi @DebbieM24,

Welcome to SA. Glad you found us. Yes, sorry we don't seem to have an info page for tapering Nefazodone. Generally we recommend reducing the dose about 10% per month until you are off. To understand why, please check out the link. You are of course welcome to taper faster, but tapering quickly can result in some pretty severe withdrawal symptoms that can last quite a long time (months to years). Tapering slowly helps minimize both symptoms and symptom severity, ensuring you can remain functional while you get off the drug. Reducing by 20% as you have is probably too fast for most people, and as you get to lower doses you may want to slow the reduction even further, since receptor occupancy of these drugs tends to decrease more rapidly at lower doses. 

Just trying to understand the last part of your post. Are you saying you have a limited supply of pills? You have 123 pills of the 100mg and 60 of the 150mg? Are you able to obtain more?

How are you doing now? Do you still have any symptoms of withdrawal? Is Nefazodone the only drug you are taking? Some other drugs can interfere with metabolism and can also have psychotropic effects (antibiotics, steroids, some supplements, coffee, nicotine etc.). Please create a drug history in your signature like this one. This link will take you directly to the signature. Signatures generally look like this: 

Example:

2001–2002 paroxetine 
2003  citalopram 
2004  paroxetine
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to 2016 Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg

Edited by DataGuy

Remeron - 2004-2005 (bad withdrawal)

Clonazepam - 2005-2018 (jumped around March)

Olanzapine - 2014- late 2017

Domperidone - 2008-2018

Many drugs in between including Lexapro, other benzos and z-drugs.

Still suffering post-withdrawal from Clonazepam (Klonopin), Olanzapine and Domperidone. 

Yes Exactly! I do not have the luxury of a slower taper,,, this drug is not being made any longer,,,,everyone on it has been on 20-30 yrs,,,& is scrambling,,,

I mainly take Nefazodone daily, 

Armour thyroid 60mg daily

supplements also

clonapin 1 mg on occasion 

ambian 5 mg when needed

i drink 1 cup coffee every day,,,

I am doing better since on 100 mg fuzziness & headaches daily remain

1999 Began Serezone  21 yrs on & off others tried Lexspro, celexa & Wellbutrin after this, no good for me)

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

Thanks @DebbieM24, sorry, I missed this reply. Ok, we are going to need to calculate out the slowest tapering speed you can manage. If you can, you might want to try and secure more of this medication. It may be possible to write the company, or regulators. They should not be discontinuing a drug like this without a substantial advance notice. Drug companies and regulators should be fully aware of the withdrawal problems at this point. A safe taper can take years for some people. Next time you talk to your doctor, see if they know anything about obtaining more of the medication. It's important to taper slowly to minimize the intensity and persistence of withdrawal symptoms. 

When did the withdrawal symptoms first hit you? Did you say they got better after moving down to 100mg? Do you have any other symptoms other than headaches and fuzziness? 

Edited by DataGuy

Domperidone - 2008-2018

Still suffering post-withdrawal from Clonazepam (Klonopin), Olanzapine and Domperidone. 

• Altostrata changed the title to DebbieM24 Nefazodone Tapering
  • Administrator

Hello, @DebbieM24

We do not have instructions to taper nefazodone specifically, it is very rarely prescribed. Only a few members have taken it, use search in the Introductions forum to find those discussions.

The tablets are not extended-release and may be split. Tablets come in 50 mg; 100 mg; 150 mg; 200 mg; 250 mg sizes. FDA information about nefazodone here.

As @brassmonkey said, we advise tapering by 10% per month. The 10% is calculated on the last dose; the amount of reduction keeps getting smaller. Splitting the smallest tablet, 50mg, will help you go down to low doses gradually.

Are you taking a 100mg tablet twice a day?

On 5/8/2021 at 7:20 AM, DebbieM24 said:

clonapin 1 mg on occasion 

ambian 5 mg when needed

How often do you take either of these drugs? Please keep a diary of when you take them and their dosages.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I am taking 100mg 1 time per day till end of month??

there are NO PILLS!

there are none being made ,,, many, many people have reached out to Teva to no avail,,, I only take clonapin & Ambian maybe 4x a month,,or if I am terribly needing it,,, I try to NOT take them ,,,

I am very lucky to have found more Nefazodone  I was on my last 30xxx

i  dont think I can  do 10% taper,, I can only split by 25mg,, & don’t have enough pills?

This is what I have in my possession 100mg till end of month

pills I have left:

75mg 120 pills

100 mg- 119 pills ( I can split into 50mg)

thanks Debbie 

/

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

Hi @DebbieM24,

We are going to need you to fill out the drug signature as requested. This will at least show some commitment on your part, that you are able to understand and follow instructions, which will be necessary if you are going to be taper these drugs. Tapering is a bit more complex than it seems.

According to my calculations, you have around 20,100mg of pills in total. Is that correct? With that amount, you can plug numbers in here: http://www.taperoff.co/ to see how slowly you can taper off. This is a tool created by one of our members for tapering. It will also give you a tapering schedule to follow, which you are free to modify, as long as you have enough meds to get to the end of the taper. I have entered 100mg, with a 1 week hold and a 5% decrease, and it seems you would have enough meds to manage that schedule, which could last for as long as 3 years if you have very tough symptoms upon reducing the dose. We suggest you try to avoid withdrawal symptoms that cause distress and interfere with your ability to function, so your dose reductions should follow from your symptoms. This is known as a symptom-based taper, which is quickly becoming the standard of care in medicine. 

Domperidone - 2008-2018

• 4 weeks later...

I have gotten some more pills ,,,

I have :

186- 100 mg

120- 75 mg

total

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

On top of this taper, I am medically diagnosed with chemo brain,, from bad cancer, so filling all that info out makes me see spots,,, I will not be getting any more pills in foreseeable future,,, so if someone can help me taper with what I have now I would really appreciate it 🙏

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I’m really surprised no one responded to this,,, guess I will have to figure it out on my own,, like I already was,,,,

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

• Administrator

@DebbieM24, did you see this? 

We've asked you some questions that you haven't answered as well.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Yes I did see that ALTOSTRATA,,, unfortunately millions are struggling because this drug is off market & people like me,,, have been taking for over 25 yrs,, check out Nefazodone support on FB,,, 

I take klonapin & ambien Rarely,,, 2x mo maybe,,,

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

• 3 weeks later...

Again ,nothing,,,,

I tapered to 75mg,,, 25mg down

,, I had a very rough week,, 11 days of hell,,, advised to try Cbd to take edge off after 2 days it did,,,

Nefezone is an antidepressant, I got absolutely no help here,, thanks for nothing 

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

Hi Debbie.  I just joined this group and saw your post.  I want you to know you are not alone.  I am going through the same thing.  I was taking 500 mg for years.  In January, the pharmacist told me they didn't have any more.  I got 3 weeks supply.   By tapering, I had one month to taper off, when the wisdom is to take a year or more.  I am not a medical professional, but I am here to tell you you are not alone.  I am completely off now.  I am actually happier, but I am anxious.  At 57, my personality has changed from calm and giving, to funny and intense.  I am very self aware.  I have a ton of anxiety that I never had before.  It is physical anxiety, not fear or nervousness.  But real shortness of breath, jittery-ness and I talk more.  I say things I would not have said before.  I am more irritable, but in a way that I feel I am finally advocating for myself.  I say, I have a new bullsh*t meter.  I am more intolerant, but not in a terrible way- more about not taking sh--t from people when I would have let it pass before.  When I work out and my heart rate increases, it goes haywire and I can't catch my breath.  That is really upsetting  because working out has always reduced my stress and now it makes it way worse.  I have had some relief with a combination of the following:  Magnesium, L-Theanine, Essential Fatty Acids, Lecithin, CBD, and Rescue Remedy by Bach Flower Essences.

I wrote this so you know you are not alone.  It is whacky, but not  unmanageable.   I was on Serzone for decades too.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi DebbieM24,

I know it's really difficult right now.  Do try to refrain from taking out your symptoms on us though.  Thank you.

You are in WD(withdrawal) and having symptoms

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

Your neuroemotions are intense.  See : Neuro-emotions

The underlined passages are links, and you just click on them to get to them.

About SurvivingAntidepressants. org

Rules and Guidelines

Unfortunately, we can't do magic, with the WD(withdrawal that has already set in) and/or provide you with enough Serzone(nefazodone) to do a more judicious taper. 

And then, if you are unable to provide information, that makes it even more difficult.

Good that the CBD is helping somewhat.

The quote below is from the topic we have on CBD:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/18698-cannabis-marijuana-hashish-thc-cbd-cannabidiol-or-hemp-oil/?tab=comments#comment-85476

It's a bit generalized at this point to a lot of psychoactive substances, so may or may not be real helpful to you right now.

On 1/6/2019 at 3:02 AM, ChessieCat said:

Does CBD interact with other medications?

Yes. CBD inhibits the cytochrome P450 enzyme, which is involved in metabolizing many drugs. Compounds in grapefruit inhibit the same enzyme group, which is why physicians advice patients not to eat grapefruit shortly before or after taking a medication. By inhibiting cytochrome P450, CBD can either reduce or increase the effects of other drugs.  In some situations, it may be advisable for a physician to monitor a patient’s blood levels of other medications while taking CBD. See CBD-Drug Interactions: The Role of Cytochrome P450 for more information.

Serzone is also a inhibitor of the specific CYP3A4 enzyme in the Cytochrome P450 enzyme system.  So you may want to talk with your pharmacist about this.  I've found pharmacists to often be more helpful than doctors, at least in the U.S., to talk with. 

They(a kind hearted and decent pharmacist) may also be able to help you find out more about the solubility of your remaining Serzone.  Which could be helpful soon, in helping you make doses that aren't available by prescription, for further tapering purposes. 

Hopefully, you still have access to the FB group.......and that may be very helpful for you going forward too.

When did you decrease to 75 mg?  Date.

When do you take the 75 mg dosage?  Time.

Had you always been taking your dose just once a day?

You might get some relief by splitting your daily dosage into 2. 

Serzone- FDA prescribing information, from Drugs.com

You'll need to scroll way down, to find the dosing information, but I did see that your drug has a short half life, and then that it is usually prescribed, bid, or twice a day.  That might provide a bit of relief from some of your Neuro-emotion's, being taken out on internet forums.

Do you have a pill cutter?

And again, if you can try to get more details into a signature, that would be very helpful.  Thinks like when you started this taper, and from what dose of Serzone?

How to List Drug History in Signature

A few more resource topics for your perusal, when ready and able:

Important topics in the Tapering Forum and FAQ

What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made.  The CNS likes stability. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system.  

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

And please do feel free to peruse our  symptoms and self care section as well.  Best to start at the top pinned topics, to help you find practices of non-drug coping, that may prove invaluable to you, in getting through some of your present difficulties of early Acute Withdrawal Syndrome.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

moderator manymoretodays(mmt)

This is your introduction/journal page where you have now introduced yourself to the community, you can ask questions here regarding your tapering, give updates, and just keep a record of your journey.

Edited by manymoretodays
minimal, grammar, clarity

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

16 hours ago, smarieb said:

Hi Debbie.  I just joined this group and saw your post.  I want you to know you are not alone.  I am going through the same thing.  I was taking 500 mg for years.  In January, the pharmacist told me they didn't have any more.  I got 3 weeks supply.   By tapering, I had one month to taper off, when the wisdom is to take a year or more.  I am not a medical professional, but I am here to tell you you are not alone.  I am completely off now.  I am actually happier, but I am anxious.  At 57, my personality has changed from calm and giving, to funny and intense.  I am very self aware.  I have a ton of anxiety that I never had before.  It is physical anxiety, not fear or nervousness.  But real shortness of breath, jittery-ness and I talk more.  I say things I would not have said before.  I am more irritable, but in a way that I feel I am finally advocating for myself.  I say, I have a new bullsh*t meter.  I am more intolerant, but not in a terrible way- more about not taking sh--t from people when I would have let it pass before.  When I work out and my heart rate increases, it goes haywire and I can't catch my breath.  That is really upsetting  because working out has always reduced my stress and now it makes it way worse.  I have had some relief with a combination of the following:  Magnesium, L-Theanine, Essential Fatty Acids, Lecithin, CBD, and Rescue Remedy by Bach Flower Essences.

I wrote this so you know you are not alone.  It is whacky, but not  unmanageable.   I was on Serzone for decades too.

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

Thank you so much Smarieb for replying,,, I am feeling everything you mentioned,, seems my filter has been taken off,, & I am glad about that,,,jittery & so impatient,, I was getting palpitations when I lay down to sleep but thank goodness that passed,,,,, I did everything to find more pills & was successful,, so my titration won’t be so severe,,, you give me hope! I am determined to get off this once & for all,, the first 2weeks of last taper were very bad,, I am also taking magnesium, L-theanine blend, plus 5HTP, NAC ,, I recently added CBD,, I think that saved me this time,,,I used to walk constantly & now having a hard time wanting to do it,,

I will look into rescue remedy again, I used to take it,,, thank you I feel less alone now,,,

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

2 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi DebbieM24,

I know it's really difficult right now.  Do try to refrain from taking out your symptoms on us though.  Thank you.

You are in WD(withdrawal) and having symptoms

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

Your neuroemotions are intense.  See : Neuro-emotions

The underlined passages are links, and you just click on them to get to them.

About SurvivingAntidepressants. org

Rules and Guidelines

Unfortunately, we can't do magic, with the WD(withdrawal that has already set in) and/or provide you with enough Serzone(nefazodone) to do a more judicious taper. 

And then, if you are unable to provide information, that makes it even more difficult.

Good that the CBD is helping somewhat.

The quote below is from the topic we have on CBD:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/18698-cannabis-marijuana-hashish-thc-cbd-cannabidiol-or-hemp-oil/?tab=comments#comment-85476

It's a bit generalized at this point to a lot of psychoactive substances, so may or may not be real helpful to you right now.

Serzone is also a inhibitor of the specific CYP3A4 enzyme in the Cytochrome P450 enzyme system.  So you may want to talk with your pharmacist about this.  I've found pharmacists to often be more helpful than doctors, at least in the U.S., to talk with. 

They(a kind hearted and decent pharmacist) may also be able to help you find out more about the solubility of your remaining Serzone.  Which could be helpful soon, in helping you make doses that aren't available by prescription, for further tapering purposes. 

Hopefully, you still have access to the FB group.......and that may be very helpful for you going forward too.

When did you decrease to 75 mg?  Date.

When do you take the 75 mg dosage?  Time.

Had you always been taking your dose just once a day?

You might get some relief by splitting your daily dosage into 2. 

Serzone- FDA prescribing information, from Drugs.com

You'll need to scroll way down, to find the dosing information, but I did see that your drug has a short half life, and then that it is usually prescribed, bid, or twice a day.  That might provide a bit of relief from some of your Neuro-emotion's, being taken out on internet forums.

Do you have a pill cutter?

And again, if you can try to get more details into a signature, that would be very helpful.  Thinks like when you started this taper, and from what dose of Serzone?

How to List Drug History in Signature

A few more resource topics for your perusal, when ready and able:

Important topics in the Tapering Forum and FAQ

What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made.  The CNS likes stability. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system.  

And please do feel free to peruse our  symptoms and self care section as well.  Best to start at the top pinned topics, to help you find practices of non-drug coping, that may prove invaluable to you, in getting through some of your present difficulties of early Acute Withdrawal Syndrome.

moderator manymoretodays(mmt)

This is your introduction/journal page where you have now introduced yourself to the community, you can ask questions here regarding your tapering, give updates, and just keep a record of your journey.

Hi Manymoredays, I HOPE THIS IS CORRECT PLACE,,I have updated my info also

I would like to respond to your post, thank you for responding,,,yes I had a pill cutter, shattered pills so now I owe an exacto knife,, unfortunately these pills can only be reduced by 25mg,, otherwise there are random pieces,, when I get down to 25mg & below it will be a challenge,

in the last few years I have taken only 1x daily due to memory,, so yes

i tapered to 75mg June 27 from 100

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

Hi Debbie. Sorry you are going through this. I think Serzone is similar to trazodone. I was taking trazodone for a few years. Have you tried calling Canadian pharmacies for it? I know there was supply shortage and it's possibly discontinued. If the Canadian pharmacies have any, you could have your doctor send over a script.

You can weigh your doses with a Gemini scale to be more accurate. I did that with trazodone. Marie.

10/13--10/14 Ambien. Started tapering 1/14  Jumped 10/14.  Done.                                                                              

3/14        7.5 Remeron  still taking this.                              

2/14         75 Trazodone   -    Tapered by dry cutting all the way down.

1/16        4 mg Trazodone  -  Jumped. Bad mistake. Got hit with late withdrawal 6 weeks later. Reinstated.

4/16        Reinstated 1 mg, updose to 2 mg Trazodone

2/19        .04 Trazodone. Walked off.  Done.

10/3/19  Started 7.5 Mirtazapine taper cut to .073 gram weight, pill weighs .076

4/5/20    New Mirtazapine Taper - Compound Liquid 7.35 mg April '20, 7.25 mg May, 7.05 mg June, 6.99 mg June, 6.78 mg July, 6.57 mg Aug, Sept 6.35 mg, Sept 6.24 mg, Sept 6.21 mg, Oct 5.99 mg, Oct 5.90 mg, Oct 5.70 mg.

1/11/21 6.05 mg Messed up taper due to syringe change. Must remember the 1 ml syringe contains 1.5mg! 1/16/21 5.99 mg

2/21 5.75 mg, 3/21 5.6 mg, 4/7 5.45, 4/14 5.30, 5/12 5.15, 5/25/21 4.99 mg, 6/29 4.87 mg, 7/14/21 4.74 mg, 8/5 4.62 mg 8/17 4.5 mg, 8/30 4.38 mg,9/16 4.26 mg,10/9 4.14 mg, 10/23 4.05 mg, 11/6 3.96 mg,11/17 3.87mg.***Jan 22 Liquid was changed/couldn't tolerate***Changed back to pills. Feb 22/3.9 mg, 2/17/22 3.8 mg, 3/23 3.7 mg, 4/7 3.6 mg, 5/10 3.5mg,6/10/22 3.4 mg, 7/4 3.3 mg, 7/25 3.2 mg, 8/20/22 3.1 mg, 9/15 3 mg, 10/8/22 2.9 mg., 12/15 2.8 mg, 1/6/23 2.7 mg, 2/16/23 2.6 mg, 3/9 2.5 mg, 4/4 2.4 mg, 4/29/23 2.3 mg, 5/26 2.2 mg, 6/22/23 2.1 mg, 10/14 2 mg, 11/12 1.9 mg, 11/28 1.8 mg , 12/14/23 1.7, 12/31/23 1.6 mg, 1/20 1.5 mg, 2/6/24 1.4 mg, 2/12 updose 1.5 mg, 3/27/24 1.4 mg. Taking multi-vitamin, vit. D, cholestoff, psyllium husk, and fish oil.

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, DebbieM24 said:

Hi Manymoredays, I HOPE THIS IS CORRECT PLACE,,I have updated my info also

6 hours ago, DebbieM24 said:

i tapered to 75mg June 27 from 100

Deb, I wonder if you updated your profile information?  That sometimes get confused with the signature. 

Do you see what is under my post and the others?  That's the signature.  I can go take a look at your profile, as a moderator, but that is usually kept confidential.

5 hours ago, marie123 said:

Have you tried calling Canadian pharmacies for it? I know there was supply shortage and it's possibly discontinued. If the Canadian pharmacies have any, you could have your doctor send over a script.

Great idea ^.  And yes, they have massively discontinued it, but it's possible.

DebbieM24, did you manage to get more than what you stated here:

On 6/2/2021 at 3:21 PM, DebbieM24 said:

I have :

186- 100 mg

120- 75 mg

total

DebbieM24, go easy on the herbs and supplements please.  Due to the CY450 metabolism of Serzone, it can interact with so many things.  And as you are still on it, AND in WD, you may be increasingly sensitive to things that smarieb is not. 

We really don't encourage more than one change at a time here either.  Otherwise, it's so very hard to know what is causing what.  The magnesium sounds great.  And if the CBD helps, then stay with that.  But as far as the others, there might be interactions or increased sensitivites right now.

7 hours ago, DebbieM24 said:

the first 2weeks of last taper were very bad,, I am also taking magnesium, L-theanine blend, plus 5HTP, NAC ,, I recently added CBD,, I think that saved me this time,,,I used to walk

Important topics about tests, supplements, treatments, and diet

^ especially the first post there

And:  The rule of 3KI's, simple, slow, stable

And okay.....off to check your profile information.......

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmm.  Where did you update your information?  I wonder if you got it all entered and forgot to hit SAVE, at the end.  It happens.  Here are the instructions again, with a link to get you to where you write your signature.  Be sure and include all present drugs, and supplements.

And thank you.

This will be ever so helpful to the team.

It's also, the signature, best done from a PC or notepad, rather than a phone device.

Putting a SHORT version of your recent history of reducing or discontinuing drugs in your signature helps people understand your context when they read your posts.

Your signature appears under all your posts.

Staff needs this information to answer your questions. In your signature, we need to see

- Exactly what you're taking now, with dosages and when you started each drug

- What you were taking before, with dosages and start and stop dates

As the signature is limited to 12 lines, we expect you will condense your drug history. The last few years usually will do.

FOR READABILITY, SHORT LINES ARE BEST.

• A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs
  • Include ALL drugs, doses, and dates (starting and stopping)
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years
  • Use actual dates or approximate dates (e.g. mid-June 2018) rather than relative time frames (e.g. 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months (e.g. "January" or "Jan" as 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as 9 Jan 2016 or 1 Sept 2016)
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses

Example:

2001–2002 paroxetine 
2003  citalopram 
2004  paroxetine
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to 2016 Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg

If you edit your signature, the new one replaces any prior signature. It will appear in your signature under all your posts, even your old posts. If you want to save the information in the old signature, copy it and save it in a file on your computer or in a post in your Introductions topic.

(As of 12/31/13: Signatures are limited to 12 lines of text.)

How to add or edit your signature

1. Click on this link to open the correct page in User Settings:
    Create Your Signature in "Account Settings"
    2017-June 12 update: link works on desktop, tablet and mobile phone versions

2. Enter your signature in the space provided.
  3. When you are done, Click on the big black Save button at the bottom.

If the link isn't working, follow these steps:

1. Click on the small downward arrow next to your name in the top right corner of any page.
  2. Select Account Settings from the list.
  3. On the left of the Account Settings page, click on the Signature tab. You will be able to add or edit your signature.
  4. Click on the big black Save button at the bottom when you are done.

FOR READABILITY, SHORT LINES ARE BEST.

(The history, or profile information, you entered when you registered can be read only by you and the administration team. If you wish, you can copy it to your public signature.)

It said signatures & I added my info79B04C7B-0271-4559-9BA6-902BE201EF43.thumb.png.f167fe734da97166e7d5f67ad6cf318b.png

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Deb, you got it!  I see it below your last post now.

Yay!

And then this post was from over a month ago.

On 6/2/2021 at 3:21 PM, DebbieM24 said:

I have :

186- 100 mg

120- 75 mg

total

What's your present supply consist of?

And I know this gets redundant, but not all of us have time to go through your whole topic to find things out.

When do you take the 75 mg dose now?

Thankyou.

Edited by manymoretodays

13 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Deb, you got it!  I see it below your last post now.

Yay!

And then this post was from over a month ago.

What's your present supply consist of?

And I know this gets redundant, but not all of us have time to go through your whole topic to find things out.

When do you take the 75 mg dose now?

Thankyou.

(48 -150 mg x 2= 96 75mg)

97 -75mg

167-100 mg

i take my dose at 11 am with food

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

• Moderator Emeritus
23 minutes ago, DebbieM24 said:

(48 -150 mg x 2= 96 75mg)

97 -75mg

167-100 mg

i take my dose at 11 am with food

In anycase, you've got several months worth of doses to work with now.

How are you feeling before and after the 11am dose of 75 mg?

How frequently do you use the clonapin and ambien?  (in the last week, or couple of days, note when and the name and dosage too please)

Are you regularly taking any or what of the supplements listed below:

On 7/11/2021 at 2:12 PM, DebbieM24 said:

the first 2weeks of last taper were very bad,, I am also taking magnesium, L-theanine blend, plus 5HTP, NAC ,, I recently added CBD,, I think that saved me this time,,,I used to walk constantly & now having a hard time wanting to do it,,

I will look into rescue remedy again, I used to take it,,, thank you I feel less alone now,,,

If so, when and at what time?

It will be to your benefit, and ours right now, in trying to assist you if you can try, and then post, in 24 hour entries, some NOTES.

Keep Notes on Paper About Daily Symptom Patterns and Dosing

time on the left, and everything else on the right, including drugs by name and dosage, supplements, symptoms(even rate these at times when you are not taking a drug or supplement)  Take a look at the sample note, in the link, and try for something like that today, to post tomorrow.

Keep this simple.  Narratives can be posted separately, in another reply box when you need to vent.

And hang in there.  Okay?  Be patient with us as we get to know more on your specifics.

And I hope you have a really good enough, well enough day today.

5 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

How frequently do you use the clonapin and ambien?  (in the last week, or couple of days, note when and the name and dosage too please)

It will be to your benefit, and ours right now, in trying to assist you if you can try, and then post, in 24 hour entries, some NOTES.

time on the left, and everything else on the right, including drugs by name and dosage, supplements, symptoms(even rate these at times when you are not taking a drug or supplement)  Take a look at the sample note, in the link, and try for something like that today, to post tomorrow.

Keep this simple.  Narratives can be posted separately, in another reply box when you need to vent.

And hang in there.  Okay?  Be patient with us as we get to know more on your specifics.

Thank you Manymoretodays,

I was in a really bad way that day, I lashed out,,, at 11am I take Nefazodone, 5HTP, cortisol manager, & CBD,,

PM -I take with dinner magnesium, NAC & D.

I took Ambien for 7 days during 1st week of taper (couldn’t sleep)

clonapin I hardly ever remember to take,, maybe 2x a week

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

5 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

I feel anxious before I take my morning dose,,,

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

• 2 weeks later...

I’m on 75 mg, ( I was doing well on 100mg)
I am having a rough week, it’s my birthday Saturday & I feel disconnected,, have plans but uncertain if I will cancel,,
Taking supplements, CBD (missed a few days) took yesterday 2x

i just took CBD when I woke up with my coffee,, planning on taking my dose earlier today & maybe a chip, since I’ve been feeling so bad,,

My sister in law, gave me her unsolicited opinion yesterday & it was just take another magic pill,,

but I want to TRY to stop all of it,,I’ve read that long term antidepressant use causes dementia,,,

I’m scared truth be told,,,,turning 65,, 
My dog is only thing sparking joy these days😰

3/17/21 150mg

4/1/ 21 125 mg

5/3 21 100 mg

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Happy into your 65th year Deb! 

We've got a topic on tapering now for nefazodone(Serzone) and here it is:

Tips for tapering nefazodone(Serzone)

And best.

mmt

• 5 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

On 1/21/2022 at 1:45 PM, DebbieM24 said:

So here I am many months down the line, FYI Teva put Nefazodone back on the market this month, & I will be tapering again soon,, I am 75mg which consists of breaking a 100 into half & then cutting 1/2 into a 1/4,, making it a liquid isn’t an option,, it is sad how little help I got here,,, an exacto knife helps,,, CBD HELPS& supplements 

Hi there DebbieM24,

I saw your post in the Nefazodone topic, and so also quoted it back here too.

And so this is nice, it sure sounds like you now may have the luxury of slowing down your taper a bit.  I do recall you were having to make some large reductions to your dose, and feeling rushed to get off before you ran out.  Will you be able to get more nefazodone now?  Has the FB support group been helpful to you?

We got the topic on tapering Nefazodone done and up since you started here. 

What questions did you have, after you studied the topic, for tips to taper?  You did not ask any.

You can do a liquid if you'd like to, one way would be a suspension......not fully dissolved particles but suspended particles, in water or Oraplus, OR dissolving in ethanol, OR weighing.  Oh, or using a compounding pharmacy.......that's another option.

So that you can do a more gradual reduction when you feel ready to taper again.

There are options.  We often have to get creative.

Ask away.

What are you doing with your occasional medications mentioned in your signature now?

And other supplements?

Current symptoms of WD?

Would love to hear.

And then I'll just consolidate some information here on your Introduction for you too:

The 10% taper recommendation is a harm reduction approach to going off psychiatric drugs.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system.  Do start with just one new addition though, at a time.  Start low, go slow and observe.  That way you will know what might be doing what.

The rule of 3KI's, simple, slow, stable

Welcome back.  I hope you've experienced some good windows and are doing okay.

This is your introduction/journal page where you have now introduced yourself to the community, you can ask questions here regarding your tapering, give updates, keep a record, and communicate with other members as well here

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
options

• ChessieCat changed the title to DebbieM24: Nefazodone Tapering