☼ NardilTime: desperate for guidance

NardilTime

Backslid: I’m going through an extended wave that, like always, is very different (yet similar at the same time) to past waves but is absolutely brutal. I’m really struggling to keep my head above water. This is shocking in the beginning of year 3. People around me are starting to have real disbelief and I’m afraid I’ll lose my support system. 

2000 - 2020 - Effexor 250 mg

November 2020 began Nardil 60 mg

reduced Nardil from January 2021 to August 2021 to 0 mg. Drug free. 

• Administrator

It's one foot in front of the other, @NardilTime You've come through this before, you'll come through this again.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone and @Altostrata. Quick update: I continue to improve but I feel sick most of the time. I seem to feel better when active but if I’m TOO active I bring on a wave. Light exercise is helping. My stress tolerance is increasing. I want desperately to work but it is so difficult to gauge if I can make it through a day or week. Just one foot in front of the other at this point. But when I do think back to where I was 3 or 6 or especially 12 months ago, the improvement is undeniable. If you follow the motto of “get off, stay off” the improvement is inevitable. I’ll check in again soon. 

• 4 weeks later...

Update: about three weeks ago the major symptoms suddenly stopped. I woke up and I felt sick, did a short half hour job interview, and when I was done they were gone. I keep waiting for them to come back but so far they haven’t. There are a few minor symptoms like burning in my legs and some agitation but nothing serious. Maybe this is it? Fingers crossed. I’ll give it a few more months and then maybe it’ll be time to write a success story, God willing. 

• Administrator

!!!!!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone and @Altostrata, time for an update. I began working again last week. Before beginning my new job I was having sometimes significant symptoms, though nothing like those of the past. Pretty quickly after starting work and returning to a normal schedule they largely abated. With the exception of a few passing symptoms that never last more than 15 minutes I’m largely symptom free. I’ve had periods of normalcy before so I’ll wait before I declare complete and total victory over withdrawal, but as of right now I am feeling very normal. I have been drug free for 2 years and 4.5 months. 

• 5 weeks later...

A strange thing has happened. After not having any significant symptoms for some time, I got sick last week and after partially recovering and doing some light exercise developed a wave. This is why I’m waiting to do a success story. 

You have come a long way, a truly resilient and inspiring journey. reading it gave me lot of hope. Thank you and I wish you good luck

2001 - GAD - Lexapro 10 mg 2010-2016 - Lexapro Dosage increased  40 mg in steps

2019-2020 - Lexapro poop out, rapid tapers and switching to Fluexotine, Effexor, Remeron etc caused severe depression 2021 - ECT sessions to treat Major depressive episodes, discharged from hospital with Effexor 225mg 

2021- Pdoc identified OCD as a contributory cause, put me on clomipramine 75 mg and Lithium 1500 mg, stabilized at Clomipramine 75mg and Lithium 800 mg overall high energy state 

July 2022: Disturbed sleep due to nocturnal panic attacks / hypnic jerks

Feb-2023: Valium 5mg added to help with nocturnal panic attacks and insomnia. 

Taper Timeline Clomipramine: 10/11/23: Taper started 62.5mg  22/1/24:  56.25mg  15/2/24:  50mg 17/3/24: 45 mg

Taper Timeline Lithium: 21/2/24: 700mg  29/2/24: 600mg  10/3/24: 800mg(Hold)

Taper Timeline Valium: 10/3/24: 3.75mg 25/3/24: 2.5mg  13/4/24: 2.0mg    30/4/24: 1.5mg

Current Meds: Clomipramine 45mg morning, Lithium Carbonate(Neurolith SR) 800 mg ( 400mg Morning 400mg Night), Diazepam (Valium) 2.5mg at Night, Lamotrigine 25mg -> 50mg -> 75mg (8/02-> 21/02 -> 12/03)

Pregabalin 125mg at night (25/3/24)

Supplements: - 

Thanks @Chaos9211. Wave passed, was only semi-intense for a few days. Most of the time I am fine but if I exert myself too much (or get sick) I seem to have the return of some symptoms. But it doesn’t last too long and it isn’t too severe, just annoying and it slows me down. Hope you are doing well. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve passed another milestone in recovery. I’ve been able to exercise intermittently for about six months but if I lifted weights within 48 hours I would be extremely tired and nauseous. That has passed. I can now exercise without serious repercussions. Other than the small wave when I got the flu I have had no symptoms for almost two months. I have been drug free for 2 years and 6 months. 

I think I’ve made it. Gonna give it two more weeks to be absolutely certain then I’m going to write a success story. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I keep having waves due to over exertion at work combined with exercise. They are not horrible waves that stop me from functioning, but I’m still symptomatic. A good friend on these forums suggested I wait until I am 6 months without symptoms to post a success story. That seems wise, so I’ll hold for now. Overall, however, I am highly functional and starting to deal with the trauma of this indescribable experience as best I can. It is very very difficult psychologically and emotionally to face the consequences of antidepressant drug use, and I do not know if I’ll ever truly recover from that. I am taking my life one day at a time and trying my best not to look too far ahead. Sadly, I could really benefit from therapy, but I do not trust these people any longer. I am going to have to deal with this on my own.