LizaB: Lyrica / pregabalin

LizaB

@OldDodgydid you bruise from the injections, because I have already bruised. Any thing I can do to prevent bruising? 

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

currently taking 85mg of Lyrica. 

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Clonazapam- currently taking 0.5mg for anxiety 
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

Zoloft- took as an adolescent and into my 20s. Went off of it in my early 20s. 
Buspar- Took as a child, must have switched to Zoloft at some point. 

@OldDodgyI have contacted the doctor because the Lovenox injection tonight was excruciatingly painful. I screamed in agony because it stung so so badly. . 

It's like the stinging spreads  all over my abdomen and now my abdomen is aching. 

I’ve order more I’ve packs, as the 5 I have are not  my enough anymore. 

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

Hi Liza makes sure you rob the syringe in your hands to warm the lovenox. Then inject slowly, remove the needle. You can apply slight pressure to the site, absolutely no rubbing. Avoid injecting into the same place, near bruising or even scar tissue. As your treatment progresses by right you will have a lessened sensation of stinging and/or pain. Xx

Michele G:  my Intro topic

Poly drugged 20 yrs ADs & sleeping pills. 10 years Anxiolytic. 7 yrs Lyrica. 
Hx Valium 15mg 12/20 cut dose in half now on 2.5mg 3x/day.

Mirtazapine 7.5mg CTd 3/2021 per Dr, reinstated 4/21 @ 15mg. Zopiclone 3.75 CTd 7/21 E-script glitch, didn’t resume. 2016 Lyrica 150mg 2x/day, < 100mg 2x/day 2016. Tapered to 50mg 2x/day 4/2021-10/21, taper on hold. Oxybutnin Patch 3.9mg started 2016. LDN 3.0mg at night. Fish oil, Magnesium 400mg, Multivitamin, Iron,  D3/K2, B Vitamins - all daily.  Ashwagandha as needed  Not cognisant of tapering until joining Lyrica Survivors.

Liza meant to say rub the syringe not rob….just roll it gently between your hands. 

Mirtazapine 7.5mg CTd 3/2021 per Dr, reinstated 4/21 @ 15mg. Zopiclone 3.75 CTd 7/21 E-script glitch, didn’t resume. 2016 Lyrica 150mg 2x/day, < 100mg 2x/day 2016. Tapered to 50mg 2x/day 4/2021-10/21, taper on hold. Oxybutnin Patch 3.9mg started 2016. LDN 3.0mg at night. Fish oil, Magnesium 400mg, Multivitamin, Iron,  D3/K2, B Vitamins - all daily.  Ashwagandha as needed  Not cognisant of tapering until joining Lyrica Survivors.

@LizaB

I am afraid it does bruise, it shows it’s working.  Follow @Aussieblue advice.  Soon it becomes a nuisance to do, but you will overcome it and it is necessary. 
OldDodgy 

My Intro topic.  Was Dickie in FB gabapentinoids 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

2020 June Stopped Pregabalin 150 at night using Ashton Method Some holds. 

2021 December Stopped Mirtazipine 15 using Ashton Method. (Slower at end). 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Oxazepam 10mg.STOPPED 10th FEB 2022  “Rescue dose x 2 in 2 months. 

Buccastem 3mg less than 1 a month for nausea. 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

On 3/3/2022 at 1:59 AM, OldDodgy said:

@LizaB

I am afraid it does bruise, it shows it’s working.  Follow @Aussieblue advice.  Soon it becomes a nuisance to do, but you will overcome it and it is necessary. 
OldDodgy 

@Aussieblue @OldDodgy

I was unable to continue the injections, as they were extremely painful and the plunger was super super stiff and would bow out, and I was getting panic attacks, so with the doctors okay, I went  back on Apixaban.

The good news is I had an ultrasound on Thursday and the clot is getting better.

BUT right after the ultrasound, I was asked to wait, as they needed to reach the doctor, but we’re unable.
The radiologist got me really scared because she said I had to get ahold of the hematologist ASAP….turns out the original ultrasound said the clot was in the wrong vein and that’s what got them worried, but it’s all good.

thanks for your support! 

My Intro topic

Hey you said you found a guru of medicine toxicity.  Are you able to share who or what kind of practice they have?

My Intro topic

This is going to take some time to document, I will keep adding information (Feb 20, 2022)
Clomiprimine - Came off too fast had terrible withdrawals. Panic attacks, uncontrollable body movement, pain in legs, headache, feeling of bugs in my brain, dry heaving, mucus pouring from nose, over all sense of dying, itchy skin, unable to think clearly or make small decisions, uncontrollable weeping, extreme exhaustion. 

To treat the withdrawals psychiatrist increased Gabapentin (taking for nighttime restless legs) slowly from 300mg to per day to 1,800. This helped calm things down.

Vortioxetine/Trintellix (SSRI) 20mg  - added during Gabapentin taper still using, plan to get off someday.

Gabapentin - Slowly started tapering off.  All above withdrawals listed above except for the bugs in my head came back.  Every drop I would have episodes/waves. It took approximately 18 months to get to zero.  I have been off since December 30, 2021 and I am still having episodes they are less severe.

Buspirone 60mg

Zopiclone 5mg

Ativan 2mg

Ketamine for depression.

I am so frustrated!!!

I had a blood clot on Christmas, which has been incredibly painful. 

I have not received the help I have needed and when I got the Depo Provera shot in February, my clot leg became so painful I thought I was going to tear my hair out . The pain was so bad for over a week and I still haven’t recovered from the pain. 

The Hematology referred me to a pharmacologist which was my last hope and guess what, he rejected me because I’m not hospitalized. 

What the heck am I supposed to do to get help with these bloody medication that are causing me so many problems??

Maybe I should stop all my medications, so I can get hospitalized and can see the doctor. 

I am so angry and now I can’t even escape from myself at night because the bloody lyrica side effects are back and keeping me awake all night. 

I feel like punching the wall. 
I feel alone and feel the doctors don’t care and aren’t trying. I also feel that some are making things up and causing problems.  

I try so hard and don’t know why I bother.

My Intro topic

@LizaB

Its crazy when you have the stress and pain from a clot!  And the medics are not helping. 

The haematologist should be aware that depo-provera increases the chance of clot x 4.    You should perhaps mention this.? 

If your leg is painful I would think your best advice would be from a “Clot Face book group” as you may have what is called post

phlebitic leg syndrome and it can be eased. 

I hope either haematology or gynaecology start to take you seriously. 

Hoping for better times for you very soon. 

OldDodgy 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

I can’t believe the pharmacologist rejected you. That is an unacceptable response to a referral.  I didn’t know they could refuse you. Have you considered going to the ER with your pain and your story? Not necessarily the withdrawal part. Our healthcare system is failing you badly.  

My Intro topic

This is going to take some time to document, I will keep adding information (Feb 20, 2022)
Clomiprimine - Came off too fast had terrible withdrawals. Panic attacks, uncontrollable body movement, pain in legs, headache, feeling of bugs in my brain, dry heaving, mucus pouring from nose, over all sense of dying, itchy skin, unable to think clearly or make small decisions, uncontrollable weeping, extreme exhaustion. 

To treat the withdrawals psychiatrist increased Gabapentin (taking for nighttime restless legs) slowly from 300mg to per day to 1,800. This helped calm things down.

Vortioxetine/Trintellix (SSRI) 20mg  - added during Gabapentin taper still using, plan to get off someday.

Gabapentin - Slowly started tapering off.  All above withdrawals listed above except for the bugs in my head came back.  Every drop I would have episodes/waves. It took approximately 18 months to get to zero.  I have been off since December 30, 2021 and I am still having episodes they are less severe.

Buspirone 60mg

Zopiclone 5mg

Ativan 2mg

Ketamine for depression.

@OldDodgy I wish the hematologist would talk to my GP, but doubt that will happen.
I did send him the journal article about Depo and clots, and he was aware and said it would be highly unlikely to clot while on Apixaban, but he order an ultra sound any ways. 
The clot is getting better, but the pain is still nagging.

He wanted me  take Lovenox for the pain, but it’s caused another type of pain I could not handle.

I also found out that the pharmacologist I was referred to won’t take me, which is very upsetting. 

I am also starting to get Lyrica side effects  again too which really really sucks. 

My Intro topic

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t reduced the lyrica since November, but my legs have  started to burn again and I don’t know what that means.  

My bladder has also started to bother me around 4 am. It feels like I have to pee but I don’t. 

i don’t know if I mixed the dose wrong or if I’m having withdrawal or side effects again. 

i really can’t handle anything more right now. The clot an depression is enough right now.  

My Intro topic

Hi LizaB, no wise words, just sorry you’re having such a hard time of it all.  Are you mixing up your own solution?  Perhaps make a new solution to rule out possible incorrect dosing/mixing. 🥰

@LizaB

Sorry you are having a rough time. 

I can’t remember if you are still on blood thinners but they can make your legs very sensitive. (Though you had it in 2021 as well.)  
let’s trust it settles soon. 
OD 

I saw the pain doctor today and he told me to reduce my 25mg of lyrica and to switch my evening and morning doses around. He figures if I  take more at night, I won’t get insomnia, which is a load of bs. 

i told him reduce by 25mg  would be dangerous and now he thinks the withdrawal symptoms were  psychological. (I gave him all the material about reducing by 10% and he thought that was great and now it’s like he has forgotten) 

i am so irritated. I am still in pain from

the clot and do not feel ready to start reducing the lyrica again, but don’t feel I have a choice. 

I am just starting to feel a wee bit better from the clot and have done 3 things out of the house that not medical related and facing burning leg, insomnia so bad I wake up 30 times, anxiety and urinary urgency scares me. 

what the heck am I supposed to do?

i also a begged to see a pharmacologist about the terrible pain I had after the Depo provera shot and was told no and told to just continue on it. 

i am sad, scared and frustrated with the Canadian health care system which is beyond broken. . 

My Intro topic

On 3/21/2022 at 4:50 PM, Aussieblue said:

Hi LizaB, no wise words, just sorry you’re having such a hard time of it all.  Are you mixing up your own solution?  Perhaps make a new solution to rule out possible incorrect dosing/mixing. 🥰

I am mixing 10mg out of 85mg and re did the last batch and it seems better, but today the stupid pain doc told me to start reducing my 25mg of Lyrica, even after he though the 10% rule was amazing. 

i don’t know  how I can reduce again now, when I’m still have clot pain and terrible anxiety. 

My Intro topic

Hi LizaB, I’d be telling him point blank you can’t reduce by 25mg, that’s way too much. If he’s not the prescriber, have a chat with whomever is, explain your situation and be forthright in admitting you’re of the belief 25mg is way too much for your system to handle given your history, or perhaps say you wish to remain on Lyrica & taper at your own pace (deceptive I know). Am assuming the pain doc’s plan is to start you on some other form of pain medication. If you don’t have enough prescription refills on file and the pain clinic refuses to assist perhaps find a G/P who would be willing to give you an Rx. No any idea if there’s any file here you could print off as well to convince the pain doc 10% maximum is the way to lower your dose.  Can’t comprehend how he’d acknowledge 10% is amazing only to want to have you reduce by such a large amount. Beggars belief.  You’ve been through so much and most certainly need his cooperation. Xx 🥰

@Aussieblue

I think the SL files are still accessible - I might try in the morning to see if I can find a way. 

OD 

1 hour ago, Aussieblue said:

Hi LizaB, I’d be telling him point blank you can’t reduce by 25mg, that’s way too much. If he’s not the prescriber, have a chat with whomever is, explain your situation and be forthright in admitting you’re of the belief 25mg is way too much for your system to handle given your history, or perhaps say you wish to remain on Lyrica & taper at your own pace (deceptive I know). Am assuming the pain doc’s plan is to start you on some other form of pain medication. If you don’t have enough prescription refills on file and the pain clinic refuses to assist perhaps find a G/P who would be willing to give you an Rx. No any idea if there’s any file here you could print off as well to convince the pain doc 10% maximum is the way to lower your dose.  Can’t comprehend how he’d acknowledge 10% is amazing only to want to have you reduce by such a large amount. Beggars belief.  You’ve been through so much and most certainly need his cooperation. Xx 🥰

@Aussieblue Thank you for replying so often.
The pain doc does not prescribe the Lyrica, fortunately, so i can continúe doing it my way, but found the appointment upsetting. He is the type of doctor who has a huge ego and thinks he knows everything. He didn’t ask me if “the plan” worked for me. All he wants  is for me to be off all my medications, and no, he will be giving nothing for pain.

i gave him the 10% document Amy created from the old Lyrica group and he was super impressed and prior to the clot, he told me to keep doing it this way. Not sure why today was so different and why he would say ro task my morning dose at night and night does in morning…that will just confuse my body.

thanks for listening. 

My Intro topic

29 minutes ago, OldDodgy said:

@Aussieblue

I think the SL files are still accessible - I might try in the morning to see if I can find a way. 

OD 

@OldDodgythanks, 

I still have those documents and gave them to my doctor last summer. He was really impressed and told me to do it that way, but he obviously forgot or is bored with me. He just says he wants me off all my medications and wants me to start getting off the next right after Lyrica…. i guess i am not entitled to a break. 

i don’t know why I bother going to the doctor because they only upsets me. 

My Intro topic

LizaB, you probably hit the nail on the head regarding his ego. Unfortunately some doctors listen but don’t hear. Shrug it off, it’s your mind & body and only you know what’s the best approach. We have all been armed with sound knowledge from the group. You can beat the medication on your own terms. 

@LizaB

Stick to you guns !  

The clonazepam is only equivalent to ten of diazepam and you can do that slowly later if you wish. 

But I would insist on only ten percent Pregabalin reduction, possibly only 5 percent. 

Could you update your signature to say how much pregabalin you are on at the moment. 

Yours 

OldDodgy 

@OldDodgyi am on 85mg. 50 in the am and 35 in the pm

I don’t know how to update my signature. 

My Intro topic

@LizaB

Best to try and slowly even up the doses according to previous group but don’t rush. 

To update your signature

Click on your Avatar, click on the three lines above it, choose Account, then Account settings, and the next page is “settings area”, click on that and scroll down to Signature, click on that and scroll down to your signature which you alter and save. 

I know it’s a pain but it helps us help you. ! 

OldDodgy

@LizaB

Hey I hope you are feeling better. I'm so sorry you've had a bad go at the dr.  I know how you feel when they won't listen to you. But we must remember it's our body, they would do good to remember they work for us just like the plumber or mechanic.  No offense meant @OldDodgy

I found a dr who will let me do my reductions my way he is a gem.  But he is the only dr I see unless I have a issue with my spinal cord stimulator, then I have to see the pain guy. My pain dr seems to have quite the ego also so I deal with him as little as possible. 

Hang in there and let us know how you are doin

MJF 

MerryJayneFriday

Polydrugged for many years after dx of Failed Back surgery.   Tapered from Lyrica from 2016 to 2020

Quit 10 mg oxycontin Sept 2021

currently taking 5mg oxycodone every 4 to 5 hours

@MerryJayneFriday

No offence taken -)))

OD

On 3/29/2022 at 10:19 AM, MerryJayneFriday said:

@LizaB

Hey I hope you are feeling better. I'm so sorry you've had a bad go at the dr.  I know how you feel when they won't listen to you. But we must remember it's our body, they would do good to remember they work for us just like the plumber or mechanic.  No offense meant @OldDodgy

I found a dr who will let me do my reductions my way he is a gem.  But he is the only dr I see unless I have a issue with my spinal cord stimulator, then I have to see the pain guy. My pain dr seems to have quite the ego also so I deal with him as little as possible. 

Hang in there and let us know how you are doin

MJF 

@MerryJayneFridaythanks. Fortunately my GP is fine letting me do it my way, but she is very concerned about my mental health and wants to me take an anti depressant, but that’s really scares me. I hate feeling the way I do, but am so scared of medications

My Intro topic

My mother and GP think I’ve got crazy, which I may have.

Since the clot, my mental health has gone down the drain and I feel sad, angry, mad, and depressed all at once.
I cry for hours or days and can’t stop and although I am trying to get back to the Buddhist teachings, I’m not doing it and can’t turn what I read or watch or hear into anything. 

i don’t know what to do?

My psychiatrist tells me to take more clonazepam, but it keeps me up at night and makes me feel drugged.

My mom had been staying with me and left yesterday and she clearly has had enough of me and thinks if I take more medications, I’ll miraculously get better. I am angry at her for leaving and for being so insensitive.

My Intro topic

@LizaB

Sorry to hear you are more alone now. 

I hope you make the right decision regarding AD. 

I can only say that my own mental health took a huge hit from the clots, 

but I seem to have lost that dread of them now. 

Yours 

OldDodgy 

1 hour ago, OldDodgy said:

@LizaB

Sorry to hear you are more alone now. 

I hope you make the right decision regarding AD. 

I can only say that my own mental health took a huge hit from the clots, 

but I seem to have lost that dread of them now. 

Yours 

OldDodgy 

@OldDodgywhat did you do? 

My Intro topic

@LizaB

If you mean how I stopped worrying about the lung clots, which were mentally dragging me down, I joined a FB group called clots. 

We exchanged stories and advice and slowly I came to terms with it. 

OD

1 minute ago, OldDodgy said:

@LizaB

If you mean how I stopped worrying about the lung clots, which were mentally dragging me down, I joined a FB group called clots. 

We exchanged stories and advice and slowly I came to terms with it. 

OD

@OldDodgymore in terms of if you took anything for depression

My Intro topic

@LizaB

If you look at my signature you will see that I was on various antidepressants from the age of 26 to 68. 

In those days talking therapy was not available and I would just take what I was given by the doctors of the day in order to feed my family. 

ADs just may have helped me- but the non pharma treatments I have had in the last years have been as effective. 

Only you and your advisers can make this decision- it would be wrong for me to do so. 

OD 

I am so sad today.

I was having a lot of anxiety, so the doctor told me I could take a bit more clonazepam, which I did, and it helped the anxiety, but now I can’t sleep at all. I slept for many 20

minutes at a time last night and my bladder kept telling me to pee, when there was nothing in my bladder. 

I was supposed to go to the Hospital for an important appointment and had to cancel because I’ve been awake all night and just feel like crying.

Does anyone know if clonazepam can cause insomnia and depression, urinary urgency ect???

And how can I get people to see my posts?
i very very  much appreciate the two members who always reply, but curious why no one else sees what I write?

My Intro topic

Can Clonazepam cause insomnia and/or depression

I have been having terrible anxiety from a

blood clot and my doc told me to take more

clonazapam, so I have been taking a bit more since Thursday, but now I can’t sleep, feel less anxiety, but more depression. 

Does clonazepam cause insomnia, urinary urgency and depression if you increase it slight above 0,5mg?

what should I do? 

Edited by Shep
added title after moving post from the Benzo Forum

My Intro topic

@LizaB

I am sorry you feel a bit neglected. 
You only get “noted” if some one is being notified of your new posts. 

Regarding urine issues - it is recognised side effect of clonazepam. 

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/clonazepam-side-effects.html

I hope you are drinking enough.  

I have just had Covid and still in a lot of pain so not been very helpful. Only out of bed for ten mins a day to get water and apple.  

OldDodgy