☼ AlecApps: sertraline / Zoloft Withdrawal - advice needed after awful doctors advice

AlecApps

• Administrator
6 hours ago, AlecApps said:

I must admit I've had awful health anxiety for a long time, which really doesn't help. 

Your worrying sounds like health anxiety, which you already recognize.

As explained, your drug-related symptoms probably will slow recede over many months, in a frustrating waves and windows pattern. You have seen some improvement already, which is a good sign.

You will need to learn to manage your health anxiety during this period, and in general. We cannot help you with this, you might want to find a coach or psychotherapist. See Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Cheers for your resources guys! I very much appreciate it! 

I don't know what I would've done without your support :)

23rd December - 50mg Sertraline 1 Dose

27th December - Lorazepam (2mg) Start

31st December - Sertraline 50mg Restarted

14th January - Sertraline 100mg (Increased Dose), Lorazepam(3mg)

26th January - Off Lorazepam (After a 8 day Taper)

2nd February - Sertraline 50mg (Reduction)

10th February - Sertraline 25mg (Reduction)

14th February - Off Sertraline.  

Currently on no drugs. Currently going through intense withdrawal.

• 1 month later...

Wow, over a month since I’ve posted? 
Just want to update you on how I’m doing. 

I’m almost there, very few symptoms remain. I almost never getting burning sensations. My cold sensitivity has almost gone. My random pains are very rare. I’m effectively back to normal, except some residual stress and anxiety. 

I suppose you can write this down as a success case, but I’d give it a few good more months until I’m back to normal.  

cheers for all your continued support :) 

@AlecApps

Good to hear !! 

Healing news encouraging for us all. 

Thanks 

OD 

My Intro topic.  Was Dickie in FB gabapentinoids 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

2020 June Stopped Pregabalin 150 at night using Ashton Method Some holds. 

2021 December Stopped Mirtazipine 15 using Ashton Method. (Slower at end). 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Oxazepam 10mg.STOPPED 10th FEB 2022  “Rescue dose x 2 in 2 months. 

Buccastem 3mg less than 1 a month for nausea. 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

• Administrator

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Please see this topic:  How to write your success story

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, just going to give an update.

Unfortunately, I haven't fully recovered like I hoped. Currently going through a wave, main symptoms are burning skin, small amounts of weakness,  some weird numb tingling cheek, muscle spasms and a lot of irritability. I reckon this is all because of me starting to go the the gym everyday, for about 1.5 hours. 

Apart from the wave, hopefully as long as I take it a little easier I should feel a lot better.

Cheers and good luck :)  

• Administrator

Waves will happen if you overdo it. Please treat yourself gently. Thanks for checking in!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, 

Checking in again. Really waxing and waning. Going back a month I was 95%. Suddenly went back into an awful wave two weeks ago of muscles spasms, nerve pain, burning, the lot. I've since recovered very quickly, but still some symptoms resolving. 

I decided to speak to a neurologist about this, who thinks it could be idiopathic small fibre neuropathy. Then again, no damage has yet to be found and my symptoms aren't always continuous/chronic like small fibre neuropathy is.

I will keep you all updated.

Cheers  

• Administrator

Since you had severe withdrawal syndrome, it's more likely you are experiencing the typical waves and windows of withdrawal rather than a true neurological problem. Symptoms typically come and go and change into other symptoms for long while, fading over maybe many months.

• 1 year later...

Hi AlecApps,

I’m also in the 🇬🇧

I have similar muscle symptoms as you. My torso, back and ribs spasms. I also get abdominal jerks, shaking, shivers, vibrations and just random pain and discomfort.

Did you have any improvements or are you healed?

Much love to you 💕

Started 10mg escitalopram March 2016 and stopped CT Feb 2017.

Started 10mg citalopram May 2019

Swapped with mirtazapine mid June 2019 used for a week and then switched to Escitalopram 5mg at the end of July 2019, increased gradually to 10mg in September, 15mg in October and 20mg in January 2020. Tapered down to 15mg in April. 10mg in June then a week tapering to 5mg and then stopped CT. 
Resumed escitalopram in November 2020 at 5mg, increased to 10mg in February 2021, tapered down to 5mg in May 2021 and tapered down to 2.5 in the space of a week in September 2021. Resumed escitalopram at the end of December 2022 at 5mg, increased it to 10mg in March 2023 then tapered down to 5mg in June and down to 2.5mg in July. Started escitalopram 5mg beginning of December 2023 then stopped after 4 days. Took amytryptamine for 2 days then restarted escitalopram at 5mg, after two weeks increased it to 7.5mg, kept it for 1 week then 10mg for 1 week but two many side effects so went back to 5mg. Beginning of January 2023 stopped escitalopram for 1 day then 2.5mg for the next day. Developed  discontinuation symptoms reinstated it at 2.5 for 1 week and 1.5 for the following week then stopped. I’m currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms.