Igotthis: 5 medications at once

Igotthis

A little back story in 2019 I got into a car accident and it completely changed my life. I can't remember if I hit my head or something inside my brain triggered something. I had extreme anxiety and didnt leave my house for three months, that is when i first put on my first medication Prestiq and Busbar. They worked for about a year and then it stopped throughout the years I have been on so many different medications. I feel like this year was completely different.

This was my last year of college and I couldn't get through the day without an anxiety attack or feeling like I was going to faint. my doctor decided to put me on Quetiapine, Gabapentin, Busbar, Zoloft, and then take Hydroxzyne as needed for the panic attacks. None of these really worked and I was suffering everyday pushing myself during student teaching. I made it through and graduated but feel like I lost myself a little bit. I feel like being on five medications at once damaged me or something but how am I supposed to know that? I am supposed to trust my doctor to help me. A couple of weeks after graduation I noticed my anxiety became full on even more than before and I started to feel disconnected or out of it all the time every single day. That is when I decided to switch doctors. 

I decided to go to a different doctor and I got off of four of the medications so now I am just on Zoloft. She decided to put me on Lamictal because she thought I needed a mood stabilizer. That lasted about three weeks and I said no it's not working I want to get off of all the medication. I am off of Lamictal and just on 50 mg of Zoloft. I have come off of Zoloft before switching to another medication but I haven't not been on any medications in four years. I am scared that I have done so much damage to myself already and that my body or mind won't heal. The only struggle that I am having is the disassociation. That is something that goes on all day every single day of my life for about a couple of months now. I can't even leave the house most days and now I am looking for an online job for now because it is becoming difficult. 

I am only 25 but I just feel like this is taking away parts of my life that I should be enjoying. I am trying to stay positive by eating healthy and clean, working out, doing yoga, pushing myself to go out every day ( even though most days I can't), taking vitamins, trying superfoods, and communicating with my family, friends and therapist.

Some things that I have been experiencing are:

-Feeling out of it

-Lack of energy

-Headaches/Dizziness

-Sadness

I feel that the only symptom that is holding me back is being out of it or disconnected. It is holding me back from doing a lot of the things that I want to be doing. If i wasn't feeling that all of the time I feel like I could "function" better and push myself more. 

Next week I go to 25 mg of Zoloft. Hopefully this is the start of my own success story! :) 

2019- Prestiq ( 50 mg)  and Busbar (15)

2020- Wellburtrin (300)  and Prozac (50) 

2020- Wellburtrin ( 300) and Zoloft (50) 

2021- Busbar (15) and Zoloft (50)

2021- Busbar (15) Zoloft (50) Hydroxyzene (10) 3x a day

2022- Busbar (15) 2x  Zoloft (50) Hydroxyzene (10) 3x a day Quetiapine and Gabapentin (100) 3x a day

2022 May- Zoloft (50) and Lamictal (50)

2022 August- Zoloft (50) 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Igotthis: 5 medications at once

I am also going form 50 mg of Zoloft to 25mg Zoloft will my brain food start to subside and that out of it feeling?

2019- Prestiq ( 50 mg)  and Busbar (15)

2020- Wellburtrin (300)  and Prozac (50) 

2020- Wellburtrin ( 300) and Zoloft (50) 

2021- Busbar (15) and Zoloft (50)

2021- Busbar (15) Zoloft (50) Hydroxyzene (10) 3x a day

2022- Busbar (15) 2x  Zoloft (50) Hydroxyzene (10) 3x a day Quetiapine and Gabapentin (100) 3x a day

2022 May- Zoloft (50) and Lamictal (50)

2022 August- Zoloft (50) 

@Igotthis

Welcome to SA. We are a volunteer ran site helping people taper off psychiatric medications or have tapered off and are now healing.

This is your introduction page where you will receive information, ask questions as meet other members. We ask that you only have one introduction page so we can keep all your information in one place.

Here is some important information about how these drugs actually work.  This explains why we get symptoms from going off of these medications:

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

This helps you understand what withdrawal syndrome is: 

Video on Recovery from Psych Drugs

Stability is really important when we are tapering off psych meds.  Please read the link about stability:

Keep It Simple, Slow, and Stable

Here are some more links that you will find useful. You don't want to cut your dose of Zoloft in 1/2. We never suggest more than 10% a month to reduce wd symptoms.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Brass Monkey Slide

Tips for tapering off sertraline (Zoloft)

Stabilising After a Reduction - What Does That Mean?

Withdrawal Normal Description

Waves and Windows in SSRI Withdrawal

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

Anhedonia, apathy, demotivation, emotional numbness

I hope after you read the links provided, you will reconsider not cutting your dose in 1/2.

We don't suggest supplements on here except two as they can be stimulating. If you want to try one, you could try a small amount and wait a few days before introducing the other.

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

After you have read the links provided, please reach out with any questions you may have.

Edited by Frogie

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

17 hours ago, Igotthis said:

I am also going form 50 mg of Zoloft to 25mg Zoloft will my brain food start to subside and that out of it feeling?

Please read the links provided as we do not suggest cutting your dose in 1/2. It will cause too many wd symptoms.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.