sandnit: escitalopram tapering - I think have withdrawal

sandnit

4 minutes ago, Doctorsrcrap said:

I hope you have managed to find some positives in the last few days. 

@Doctorsrcrap, i have!! Thank you so much.

Best wishes to you! 

In 2016 Paroxetine 20mg for 4 months then stopped more or less cold turkey -> waves and windows pattern i now know

Started 10mg Escitalopram 4 Mar 2022
From 10 to 20mg on 19 Apr 2022
From 20 to 15mg on 23 Jun 2022
From 15mg to 7,5mg on 5 Sept 2022 (I was supposed to drop from 15mg to 12,5mg but I accidentally used 5mg and half of 5mg pills instead of 10mg and half of 5mg pills, when I found out 2 weeks later I decided to keep to 7,5mg since most of the WD symptoms subsided by then, I now regret this. During this period I thought I also caught a stomach bug but after reading up here I think this was also WD symptoms) From 7,5mg to 5mg on 23 Sept 2022

Started Cross tapering Escitalopram 5mg to tapering strip brand from 26th of feb 2024 over one week and stabilised on 5mg untill 31 March 2024.

31 March 2024 started taper using tapering strips. 

Escitalopram 04/20/24 - 4,5mg (hold because of WD symptoms raming up), 

• Mentor
On 12/20/2023 at 6:00 AM, sandnit said:

But it is okay what i'm feeling now😉

yes yes of course it is

you just don't want to get stuck there by putting too much emphasis on feelings that are fleeting things

how are you going now?

Currently taking a break from mentoring but I'll be back 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
5 hours ago, Happy2Heal said:

how are you going now?

@Happy2Heal, thanks for asking. I'm doing ok. Last couple of days have been a rollercoaster of ups and downs.  I had moments that I felt reasonably ok without much of this weird anxiety and without a reason it would be back. Like somebody is flipping a switch 🤣. Sleep seems to be getting even better slowly. So actually really positive all in all.

How are you going?

Best wishes to you!!

In 2016 Paroxetine 20mg for 4 months then stopped more or less cold turkey -> waves and windows pattern i now know

From 15mg to 7,5mg on 5 Sept 2022 (I was supposed to drop from 15mg to 12,5mg but I accidentally used 5mg and half of 5mg pills instead of 10mg and half of 5mg pills, when I found out 2 weeks later I decided to keep to 7,5mg since most of the WD symptoms subsided by then, I now regret this. During this period I thought I also caught a stomach bug but after reading up here I think this was also WD symptoms) From 7,5mg to 5mg on 23 Sept 2022

Started Cross tapering Escitalopram 5mg to tapering strip brand from 26th of feb 2024 over one week and stabilised on 5mg untill 31 March 2024.

22 hours ago, Happy2Heal said:

you just don't want to get stuck there by putting too much emphasis on feelings that are fleeting things

@Happy2Heal, could you explain what you mean by this? 

• Mentor
2 hours ago, sandnit said:

@Happy2Heal, could you explain what you mean by this? 

Brassmonkey has a thread about this:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/13492-dealing-with-emotional-spirals/

while at first that thread may seem to be able anger and escalation of feelings, I'm pretty sure it also addresses any way that we can hold on to a feeling and/or give it more weight than is necessary.

I'm sorry, I'm really tired right now so I can't find the right words but once I've had some rest I'll come back and see if I can find a good example of what I mean- if that thread doesn't do the trick

I highly recommend the book Hardwiring Happiness, the theme is similar. 

glad to see that things are improving. Quite a rollercoaster ride eh?

and to think as kids many of us thought those ups and downs were fun!

•  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Mentor

There are a variety of things we commonly experience during ADWD that are very similar to The Emotional Spiral, and can trigger or can contribute to one.  They are so common in our situation that they bear mentioning in their own rights.

One common form of Emotional Spiral experienced during ADWD is often referred to as the “Doom Cloud” Starting with some neuroemotions of fear that escalate through The Spiral ending not in an explosion, but rather in a deep black depression or dread, that is very difficult to break out of.  This can be a hard one to work with because of the neuroemotional trigger, but it can be minimized with the same techniques.

Another one that is very similar to the Doom Cloud is Morning Dread. Waking up with an overpowering feeling of fear.  There is a lot more involved with it due to cortisol cycles, neuroemotions and the like, but the experience frequently acts as a trigger.  This sets off an Emotional Spiral that makes the situation a lot worse than it already is and prevents the dread from running its course and self-resolving over the rest of the morning.  It also sets up a fear response that can trigger insomnia and a self-fulfilling response that increases the likelihood of it happening again the next morning.

I mentioned heart palpitations earlier.  These are a very large contributor to panic attacks because they can be a significant symptom during a panic attack.  If they are misperceived, these sensations, which will last only a few seconds, can trigger a panic attack that can last for hours.  So, we’re back to “perceptions.  Many panic attacks can be stopped dead in their tracks by following the steps outlined above.  It’s all in how you react to the trigger.

Akathisia is one of the most dreaded but luckily not one of the most common symptoms people in ADWD can experience.  It is based in the wiring of the nervous system so it has a physical/chemical cause which makes it an actual physical phenomenon.  It can’t be controlled in the same manner as an Emotional Spiral.  But, our reaction to it can.  Combining the techniques above with a healthy dose of mindfulness and living in the moment can greatly reduce the severity of an attack.

ADWD and tapering seem to last forever.  We all want our lives back and we all want to feel better.  The Frustration caused by this and many other factors can be overwhelming at times.  This frustration can easily trigger an Emotional Spiral that will manifest in a variety of ways, anger, despondency, loss of hope, depression and more.  All of which are compounded by the Emotional Spiral.  Breaking the Spiral will help to control this frustration.

I have given several examples of Emotional Spirals and how they affect us in ADWD.  These are just a few of the many ways they can affect our lives.  By paying attention to situations, triggers and our reactions to them we can greatly reduce the stress we experience, improve our relationships and our overall quality of life.

this is from that thread by BrassMonkey

10 minutes ago, Happy2Heal said:

I'm sorry, I'm really tired right now so I can't find the right words but once I've had some rest I'll come back and see if I can find a good example of what I mean- if that thread doesn't do the trick

@Happy2Heal, no worries. Get some rest :). I'll check out the link.

11 minutes ago, Happy2Heal said:

Quite a rollercoaster ride eh?

It sure is.... It is such a frustrating proces. I have to watch out not getting caught up in thinking I did something wrong when the roller coaster is heading down again..... It is just the process at work.... Hence healing right?

• Mentor
1 hour ago, sandnit said:

It sure is.... It is such a frustrating proces. I have to watch out not getting caught up in thinking I did something wrong when the roller coaster is heading down again..... It is just the process at work.... Hence healing right?

oh yes that is the process, ups and downs! but generally over time the downs are not as low and the ups are higher!! and eventually even out so that you're back to normal.

yeh a wave is not anyone's fault. I was surprised to hear that you might think that, and immediately wondered if you had a trauma history...? many of us who have such a history will attribute feeling bad to being bad or wrong. that's why I ask

but then  I was thinking, when someone is in a wave, we often come and try to help them thru it, but in doing so, I just realized that we often ask, did you do anything differently? any added stress in your life? did you drink or take any new supplements? exercise more or alternatively, not exercise at all. So I can see how members might get the idea that what they do can bring on a wave

and in some instances, it can contribute to one, for sure- drinking alcohol, using illicit drugs, adding new supplements, missing  a dose if you are tapering or tapering too fast, etc etc are all things that can cause a wave or make a wave worse if you're in one

but the overall process IS for there to be ups and downs So please don't stress that you did something "wrong"

It might be helpful to see if you did anything differently that might have nudged you into a bad place, but only so that you can avoid it or adjust what you're doing accordingly

but more often than not, I believe, a wave is out of our control. The thing we have control over is how we react to it

and that is hard enough!! 

I'm going to try to be more mindful of what questions I ask folks who are in a wave, to be sure they understand that they likely didn't do ANYTHING "wrong"  -it's just the healing process

if you celebrate I hope you have a great holiday!! here's to a New Year full of wide open windows and lots of sunny days!

🌞🌞🌞

Edited by Happy2Heal

1 hour ago, Happy2Heal said:

immediately wondered if you had a trauma history...?

@Happy2Heal, well i had EMDR last year for an incident with fire long time ago when i was a kid. But otherwise no.

But I think it is mainly when in a wave it seems to suck the confidence out of me and makes me doubt a lot... This one is lasting longer and feels different compared to previous waves doesn't help my confidence either.

Perhaps I should turn this around the positive way... Long and different wave = good healing and maybe ever better window after :)  

Its all part off the process!!

1 hour ago, Happy2Heal said:

if you celebrate I hope you have a great holiday!! here's to a New Year full of wide open windows and lots of sunny days!

🌞🌞🌞

Thank you so much, yes we do celebrate! I hope and wish the same for you ofcourse 😊😊

Update: I'm still in the long wave. Symptoms are sometimes easing/ going/ coming back/ new symptoms pop up..... I have had some short moments of relief.... tricking me into thinking the wave is maybe about to end.... But than it isn't...... It's cruel. 

But I am somehow managing and soldiering on. I'm trying to stay positive, distract myself .... Telling myself, this will eventually change. This will end. 

But boy, it is hard....

Wishing you all happy new year and all the best!!

@Happy2Heal

I hope you dont mind me asking. Today started a DIY project in the house to keep my mind of the long wave I'm still in but also because it needs to be done. 

It doesn't take the symptoms and the feeling awful go away but at the end of the day it gives me a content feeling and a better tired feeling of you know what I mean.......

The work isn't to physical and I do not get things done at the usual pace but I think it is good for me to do but I'm worried a bit that this could prolong the wave.....

Although I worried about everything prolonging the wave haha

I know everyone is different but wouldn't mind your take on this

First of all I wish everyone a happy new year with lots of big Windows and healing 🎊 

I'm still in this rollercoaster wave. Yesterday I had a much better day. Today I woke up feeling worse again....... It is so frustrating and hard to keep the thoughts like "why do I feel worse today, what did I do wrong, is this wave everlasting etc. etc." at bay. 

But I have to see this positive...... having a better day is positive, a sign of healing.

Just curious and looking for some confirmation......I know everyone is different but is it not uncommon to have a long wave after a long hold and long window? 

@sandnit

Have you checked out the site run by baylissa fredrik?

Or maybe read her book? Recovery and renewal 

2015- Jan 2021 20mg Citalapram

Jan 2021- April 2021 Sertraline (CT)

June 2021 - Fluoxetine & Trazadone

Oct 2021- Trazadone to Quitiapin 

Oct 2021 to June 2022 switches Duloxetine then paroxatine then Venlafaxine.

June 2022- venlafaxine for 5 or 6 weeks at 37.5 twice daily. Upped for one week to 75mg twice daily but caused panic attacks. Dropped back down to 37.5 twice daily. Panic attacks stopped. 

1 week- 62.5mg 1 week- 50mg 1 week- 37.5mg 1 week - 25mg 

ANTIDEPRESSANT FREE SINCE JULY 22ND 2022!! 

18/05/23 - 01-06/23 doxycycline for a rat bite 

Taken propranalol since 2015. 80mg.

21/11/22 76mg. 28/11/22 72mg. 05/12/22 68mg. 19/12/22 64mg. 27/12/22 60mg. 02/01/23 56mg. 09/01/23 50mg. 16/01/23 47mg. 23/01/23 44mg. 29/01/23 40mg. 05/02/23 38mg. 12/02/23 35mg. 19/02/23 32mg. 25/02/23 27mg. 04/03/23 25mg. 11/03/23 22mg. 17/03/23 19mg. 24/03/23 20mg. 05/04/23 18mg. 11/04/23 16mg. 17/04/23 14mg. 27/04/23 20mg. 19/06/23 19mg. 25/06/23 20mg. 04/08/23 18mg. 11/08/23 17mg. 16/08/23 16mg. 25/08/23 15mg. 01/09/23 14mg. 08/09/23 13mg. 15/08/23 12mg. 22/09/23 11mg. 29/09/23 10mg. 19/11/23 9mg. 26/11/23 8mg. 03/12/23 7mg. 10/12/23 6mg. 17/12/23 5mg. 24/12/23 4mg. 31/01/23 3mg. 07/01/24 2mg. 13/01/24 1mg. 19/01/24 0mg. DONE! 

3 minutes ago, Doctorsrcrap said:

Have you checked out the site run by baylissa fredrik?

Or maybe read her book? Recovery and renewal

@Doctorsrcrap, hi ! I did check out her site some time ago. There is a lot of good information on there. I did not read her book ...yet

Last couple of days I felt somewhat better. Not as good compared to how i was feeling before the wave. Today was not so good but not as bad as before so the general trend looks upwards. I hope I’ll continue to feel better. And hopefully a good window will open.... So I can finally continue my taper. But I'm still reluctant....  I still have worry thoughts, that this could be the new normal, wave never ending etc etc....... But those are wave thoughts haha This will end:)

Ow man, I thought i was climbing out of the wave...... But today i feel like I'm back to square one. Some symptoms returned in full force. So frustrating. I guess it is all part of the up and down journey?  It is so hard to stay positive. Last couple of days I developed a toothache and I also had a cold but the cold is almost over now. Could this be interfering with recovery from the wave?

@Onmyway, is it not uncommon have such a long wave ( almost 2 months now) after a hold of more than a year? I would appreciate a moderators look on this. Thanks!!

@Doctorsrcrap, i ordered the Recovery and renewal book. Thanks for the heads up. 

@Happy2Heal, I also ordered the book hardwiring happiness :)

This wave is really testing me. Especially the length of it. But I will soldier on. 

Hi @sandnit

We are all different and there are all kinds of permutations in terms of these waves.  But we all heal and recover even if slowly and in fits. 

Hang in there. 

Omw

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

I don't think there is any normal. For example I don't get any windows just a permenant wave that changes things up occasionally. But I still like to think that I can heal even if I'm not following the pattern outlined here 

June 2022- venlafaxine for 5 or 6 weeks at 37.5 twice daily. Upped for one week to 75mg twice daily but caused panic attacks. Dropped back down to 37.5 twice daily. Panic attacks stopped. 

21/11/22 76mg. 28/11/22 72mg. 05/12/22 68mg. 19/12/22 64mg. 27/12/22 60mg. 02/01/23 56mg. 09/01/23 50mg. 16/01/23 47mg. 23/01/23 44mg. 29/01/23 40mg. 05/02/23 38mg. 12/02/23 35mg. 19/02/23 32mg. 25/02/23 27mg. 04/03/23 25mg. 11/03/23 22mg. 17/03/23 19mg. 24/03/23 20mg. 05/04/23 18mg. 11/04/23 16mg. 17/04/23 14mg. 27/04/23 20mg. 19/06/23 19mg. 25/06/23 20mg. 04/08/23 18mg. 11/08/23 17mg. 16/08/23 16mg. 25/08/23 15mg. 01/09/23 14mg. 08/09/23 13mg. 15/08/23 12mg. 22/09/23 11mg. 29/09/23 10mg. 19/11/23 9mg. 26/11/23 8mg. 03/12/23 7mg. 10/12/23 6mg. 17/12/23 5mg. 24/12/23 4mg. 31/01/23 3mg. 07/01/24 2mg. 13/01/24 1mg. 19/01/24 0mg. DONE! 

20 minutes ago, Onmyway said:

are all different and there are all kinds of permutations in terms of these waves.  But we all heal and recover even if slowly and in fits. 

@Onmyway, thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it!! Sorry for the rambling but the length of this wave and it feeling different to any other wave I had before is suckin the confidence out of me and making me doubt and worry. 

But I guess it is all part of the healing journey. I'll soldier on and hang in there. Hoping this long wave gives me a nice open window eventually.

I'm grateful for your work on this site. Thank you. 

24 minutes ago, Doctorsrcrap said:

But I still like to think that I can heal even if I'm not following the pattern outlined here 

@Doctorsrcrap, I think you are right here. I guess there is no pattern healing followes.

I just want to check, do you feel better at any particular time of day or is there no pattern 

11 minutes ago, Doctorsrcrap said:

I just want to check, do you feel better at any particular time of day or is there no pattern 

Evenings are generally somewhat easier. But it is a rollercoaster during the day.... I can't see any patterns. 

When do you take the drug 

Just now, Doctorsrcrap said:

When

After dinner

OK. And that's when things start to feel slightly easier? 

1 minute ago, Doctorsrcrap said:

OK. And that's when things start to feel slightly easier

Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Really hard to say

How's your sleep 

2 minutes ago, Doctorsrcrap said:

How's your sleep 

Not to bad . I generally get 6 hours of slaap. During better days  7 hours

Well it's good that your sleep is good. That's a positive. 

I guess it's just going to be holding for longer. 

16 minutes ago, Doctorsrcrap said:

Well it's good that your sleep is good. That's a positive. 

I guess it's just going to be holding for longer. 

That sure is positive! 

Yes, i just need to be patient. 

Try not to worry about the duration of your wave. Easier said than done I know. 

Im in a two month wave myself and I’m a lot further out than you. I had been really good for 4 or 5 months but think I pushed myself too much and my nervous system wasn’t strong enough to handle it so now I’m paying for it. 

We need to be careful even when feeling good.

The positive of a long wave is your body is aware things aren’t as they should be and the symptoms means it’s repairing itself which is a good sign.

Hard to go through but the wave will end at some point. My longest was 4 months but I got through it.

Once it’s past give yourself some months to assess where you’re at before tapering.

20mg Lexapro 2007

10mg Lexapro 2012

Started tapering approx (October 2017) 12 months ago  from 10mg to 9mg then 8 then 7 then 6 then 5 then 4 then 3.

Held for approx 4 to 6 weeks min on each reduction.

Hit severe symptoms (started 7th Nov) after dropping to 3mg. Dropped to 3mg approx 22nd October.

Back to 4mg (7th November) and stabilising. Current symptoms started 23rd November 2018

Used diazepam (2018) 10mg 10th Nov, 5mg 11th Nov, 2.5mg 12 Nov, 2mg 13th Nov.

Used diazepam 10mg 24th Nov, 7.5 25th Nov and 5mg 26th November 2018

Posted (edited)

@sandnit, you may try taking 500mg of vitamin C or a baby aspirin first thing in the morning (but check if your GP will approve this first - caution if you have bleeding risks!).

These daily mood changes may be due to cortisol increase and/or extra sensitivity to it in withdrawal and there is some evidence that cortisol may be lowered by taking aspirin.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19404617/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955286320304915

Omw

PS. This is not part of the SA protocol,  just some research with some promise.

Edited by Onmyway

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

11 hours ago, Tom37 said:

I had been really good for 4 or 5 months

@Tom37, thanks so much for your message. I really appreciate it!

I had been really good for at least 3 months before the wave started to.

During this wave a had several times that i started to feel better for a bit and i thought that the wave might be ending but than it continued in full force. It feels so frustrating. Did this happen to you too? 

The positive of a long wave is your body is aware things aren’t as they should be and the symptoms means it’s repairing itself which is a good sign.

I sometimes forget a wave means healing. This is good to keep in the back of my mind. Helps to accept feeling awful. 

Hard to go through but the wave will end at some point. My longest was 4 months but I got through it.

Yes it is really hard indeed, it sucks the conference out of me haha. I hope out waves end soon. We will get through them! 

Thanks again Tom!

6 hours ago, Onmyway said:

you may try taking 500mg of vitamin C or a baby aspirin first thing in the morning (but check if your GP will approve this first - caution if you have bleeding risks!).

@Onmyway, thank you for the suggestion. I really appreciate it! I took some vitamin C this morning. Should i feel a change right away or after a longer period? I'm a little bit reluctant taking aspirin at the moment. Not that I have bleeding risk but I do not want to agitate things. I read somewhere that people in WD could not tolerate aspirin.

In my 3 month window before the wave I felt so much better without big swings. 

Yes in this current wave I have had a couple of periods where thought it was about to end but then it’s carried on with symptoms changing. The changing symptoms is common.

I can’t remember if that happened in my other long wave.

20mg Lexapro 2007

10mg Lexapro 2012

Started tapering approx (October 2017) 12 months ago  from 10mg to 9mg then 8 then 7 then 6 then 5 then 4 then 3.

Held for approx 4 to 6 weeks min on each reduction.

Hit severe symptoms (started 7th Nov) after dropping to 3mg. Dropped to 3mg approx 22nd October.

Back to 4mg (7th November) and stabilising. Current symptoms started 23rd November 2018

Used diazepam (2018) 10mg 10th Nov, 5mg 11th Nov, 2.5mg 12 Nov, 2mg 13th Nov.

Used diazepam 10mg 24th Nov, 7.5 25th Nov and 5mg 26th November 2018

20 minutes ago, Tom37 said:

Yes in this current wave I have had a couple of periods where thought it was about to end but then it’s carried on with symptoms changing. The changing symptoms is common.

I can’t remember if that happened in my other long wave

@Tom37, thanks for your reply, the changing symptoms i also have indeed.

Good to know it is common.

Ih ope your wave leaves you soon :)