Najla: amitriptyline from June 2019 until June 2022

Najla

21 hours ago, ChelseaMorning said:

Hi Najla,

I also believe I am suffering from Amitriptyline withdrawal. So far it has been 17 months since I stopped amitriptyline, and the last 2 months I have seen significant improvement in my symptoms. At months 12-13 my symptoms got temporarily worse (I had a bad cold, followed by COVID which I think worsened my withdrawal). However following these two worst months, I had my two best months. 

I also haven't had any doctor confirm my withdrawal from amitriptyline, but for me it seems the most likely thing that accurately explains my symptoms.

I tell you my story, because although everyone will have there own timeline for recovering, I hope it gives you an example that things can get better.

Oh, thanks, Chelsea, for sharing your experience. Yes, I am now in the 12th month, and I got into a wave. Do you know what I think?If the withdrawal symptoms are very strong in the beginning, it is because the brain has been traumatized.As for the withdrawal symptoms after a full year has passed, I think it is because the brain has returned to work again, sometimes I tell myself that so as not to feel despair . I hope we can return to normal life quickly. I miss walking because I have weakness, weakness and imbalance

June 2019- June 2022 Amitriptyline for migraines, came off June 15, 2022 CT. Withdrawal symptoms.

21 hours ago, Purae said:

@ChelseaMorning Has your sleep improved dramatically in past two months? Are you taking anything to help you with sleep? 

Hi Purae,

My sleep has improved but insomnia is still one of the symptoms that persists. Previously I would experience 7-14 days of insomnia a month, this month it has only been 2-3 days. I am also still experiencing brain zaps that are slower, like a surge or wave. Mostly the symptoms are milder and I can cope with them. However, I am cautious in celebrating too soon, it is possible this is a long window and symptoms could return.

I have been taking multivitamin, omega 3 and magnesium, on very bad nights I occasionally take diphenhydramine. I can't tell if any of these have helped or not, hard to know.

Sep 2021: Amitriptyline 25mg daily for Shingles. 

Nov 2021: - 6 week taper to 1/4 of 10mg Amitriptyline.

Jan 2022: Stopped Amitriptyline.

Aug 2022-Now: 1/2 tablet 25mg Diphenhydramine v. occasionally.

Sep 2022-May 2023: magnesium, omega 3, calcium and multivitamin.

Nov 2022-20mg Citalopram for 5 days only.

April 2023-Now: Significant improvement, mild symptoms, 1 tablet certrezine, occasionally.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, two days left and I will have completed a full year free of amitriptyline. Today I decided to try and practice walking as I used to do in the past. I did not make much effort. I only walked for about 20 minutes. Unfortunately, I entered into a direct wave of imbalance, vibration and muscle weakness.😭

June 2019- June 2022 Amitriptyline for migraines, came off June 15, 2022 CT. Withdrawal symptoms.

• Administrator

You might walk for only 10 minutes next time, in a cool environment.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

ساعتين قبل ذلك، قال ألتوستراتا:

يمكنك المشي لمدة 10 دقائق فقط في المرة القادمة، في بيئة باردة.

I'll do that next time, I'll have to go to the mall until I find a cool place in my neighborhood now we're melting

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 5:21 PM, Najla said:

Hello, this is only 8 days ago. Yesterday I went to the emergency. The doctor told me that there is inflammation in the lymph nodes below the jaw. She told me to go to the ENT doctor. I feel as if the lower jaw is burning. I am on my period.

I don't bite my teeth, I suffer from biting my tongue, but this is from a long time ago.

I get this all the time in a wave.  This symptom is how I know a wave is coming on for me.

Amitriptolyne - 10mg for 14 days, stopped CT, had adverse reaction to drug.  

• 3 months later...
On 5/26/2023 at 12:23 AM, Najla said:

Yes, the enlarged glands told me that it was an infection, but I noticed that the pain in the lower jaw always comes with the approach or during the period.

My lymph nodes are swollen on and off after get off lexapro 

2015 20mg lexapro 

2016 20mg attempt get off one month taper(doctor advice) xtreme terror and anxiety 

2016 again  20mg attempt get off extreme ocd and social fear as withdraws

2018 reduce to 10mg ocd visual snow fatigue couldn't learn

2022 10mg get off again one month taper(doctor advice) had reactions on it and inflammation markers... xtreme protracted  withdraws symptoms 

• 4 weeks later...
Hi @ألتوستراتاDo antibiotics make us go into a wave? 

I am in a very bad condition after my doctor prescribed me an antibiotic for a urine infection

• Administrator

Please post only plain text in the reply box. Do not use the <> style.

It may take you some time to recover from an adverse reaction to an antibiotic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

قبل 6 ساعات، قال ألتوستراتا:

يرجى نشر نص عادي فقط في مربع الرد. لا تستخدم النمط <>.

قد يستغرق الأمر بعض الوقت للتعافي من رد الفعل السلبي للمضادات الحيوية.

I apologies. Do you mean that as people with a history of withdrawal, antibiotics have an effect on us? Excuse me, as I use translation and it does not give me a clear answer.

• Mentor

Hi, yes antibiotics can cause a wave in an already sensitive nervous system. I’m sorry to hear this has happened to you 🙁

am not a medical professional. I provide information and make suggestions based on my own experience and SA guidelines. I am unable to respond to private messages. 

Mirtazepine 15mg Nov 2018 -April 2019  April - Sept 2019 Mirtazepine down to around 6mg - skipping days to taper

October 2019 - Dec 2019 unwell from failed taper including jumping about in doses 

15 December 2019 to 13 June 2021 15mg Mirtazepine 

14 June 2021 started brass monkey Slide.  
2021: 23 August 12.3mg, 28 October 11.1mg, 6 Dec 10mg

2022: 12 Feb 8.5, 25 Oct 4.5mg

2023: 16 Jan 3.6mg, 28 Sept 1.8mg

The entire nervous system was affected, severe weakness in all the muscles of my body, legs and hands, and strong tension in the back

Edited by Najla

I am now facing the most difficult situation, constant flatulence, muscle weakness, dizziness, and palpitations, and all of this is because of an antibiotic that has caused me a lot of trouble and harmed my digestive and nervous systems.

• 1 month later...

Hi..Does antihistamine put us in a wave? My doctor prescribed me an antihistamine (Claritin). He also gave me Amigran spray..I feel like my intestines are exploding and my stomach is palpitating. I hope for an answer if any of you have suffered like me due to an antihistamine.??

• 2 months later...

Does cortisone have an effect on us entering a wave?
Hello everyone, I am on a very strong wave. Two weeks ago, I went to the clinic to inject Botox for migraine headaches. I have done this more than once before, and the results were fairly good, but the last time the doctor was changed, which I thought did not have experience. Instead of stopping the headache, it spread. In the entire head and lasted 20 consecutive days. I had to go to the emergency room, and their role was to give me 4 painkiller injections, one for the stomach, and finally a cortisone injection. I think the last one is the cause of this trend, but I am not sure. I'm still in the wave. I woke up feeling like I'm losing my senses. My feet and legs are shaking. My intestines are very strong. My body collapses and I'm very weak. I feel like knives have pierced my bones. Does cortisone have an effect on us entering a wave?

؟؟؟؟

The fifth day of the cortisone injection, it sent me into a violent wave of pain all over the body, in the bones, like knife stabs, weakness in the legs, hands, and thighs, and a feeling of frustration. I can no longer bear this feeling after nearly 21 months of being free of amitriptyline. Sometimes I think about going back, and then I also have fear that I will not benefit. I have gained a lot of weight due to my weakness and my inability to exercise or walk. I have started searching for bad foods as an expression of boredom. I do not know where I am going. It seems as if I am writing to myself. Where are you, supporters and members of the forum?

1 hour ago, Najla said:

The fifth day of the cortisone injection, it sent me into a violent wave of pain all over the body, in the bones, like knife stabs, weakness in the legs, hands, and thighs, and a feeling of frustration. I can no longer bear this feeling after nearly 21 months of being free of amitriptyline. Sometimes I think about going back, and then I also have fear that I will not benefit. I have gained a lot of weight due to my weakness and my inability to exercise or walk. I have started searching for bad foods as an expression of boredom. I do not know where I am going. It seems as if I am writing to myself. Where are you, supporters and members of the forum?

Hello, I also have an appetite for unhealthy things sweets so it happens to many people in WD unfortunately. I also stopped doing physical activity
Sometimes I buy tangerines and eat them instead of sweets. Unfortunately, due to gastroparesis (?) from WD I can't eat them much because my stomach doesn't accept more.
I thought that Saudi Arabia or the Arab Emirates all these SSRIs or other psychotropics like Amitriptyline are banned as drugs but is it true?greetings

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

منذ 4 ساعات، قال modelarz71:

مرحبا، لدي أيضا شهية للأشياء غير الصحية الحلويات لذلك يحدث لكثير من الناس في WD لسوء الحظ. توقفت أيضا عن ممارسة النشاط البدني
أحيانا أشتري اليوسفي وأتناولها بدلا من الحلويات. لسوء الحظ، بسبب خزل المعدة (؟) من WD لا أستطيع أكلهم كثيرا لأن معدتي لا تقبل المزيد.
اعتقدت أن المملكة العربية السعودية أو الإمارات العربية المتحدة كل هذه SSRIs أو غيرها من المؤثرات العقلية مثل Amitriptyline محظورة كأدوية ولكن هل هذا صحيح؟ تحياتي

No, in the Arab countries, especially in the Gulf, medications are prescribed, but with a prescription through a neurologist،I also can't eat mandarins because of stomach acidity and esophageal reflux

The menstrual period is approaching and as usual there is shortness of breath, jaw pressure, muscle weakness, low blood pressure, palpitations. I'm just writing to remind myself I also miss the response is there anyone Long wave and this is happening right now it's too much for my brain and body

What terrible symptoms you describe Najla. I hope you will feel better soon. 

I wish you a lot of strength!

Sending you strength, courage and love to get through your days 💕🙏

On Venlafaxine for 30 years, 150mg

2018 first tapered, over 2 months, horrible crashed, reinstated 3 months later

February 2023, tapering again, every 4 weeks reduced by 50%  150mg down to 37:5mg 

June 2023, from 37.5, broke open capsule, started tapering by one bead at a time every 2 weeks 

August, 2023 stopped last bead. 
Nov, 2023, started Saint John Wort, 600mg, 3x a day = 1800mg  -

reduced 1 capsules 300mg on Feb 15, 2024

Supplements, 

magnesium bisglycinate, B complex, multivitamin, Omega 3 complex, Vitamin D3, digestive enzymes

also, use L-Theanine, occasionally natural GABA,  - stopped this in Jan 2024

For H.Pylori- Manuka Honey, 850mgo, Mastica Chios gum, Kefir, & probiotics 

قبل 17 ساعة، قال OffPills:

يا لها من أعراض فظيعة تصفها نجلاء. أتمنى أن تشعر بتحسن قريبا.

أتمنى لك الكثير من القوة!

Thank you @offpills

I feel like I'm entering a window. I hope so. Thank you for coming to my topic

A window of two days and a strong wave and attack. I was not able to get out of bed today

A window of two days and a strong wave and attack. I was not able to get out of bed today

Hope you feel better soon and that tomorrow will bring some relief!

2014: Paxil 20 mg - 1 year - protracted withdrawal that lasted years

2019: Venlafaxine XR 37,5 mg - 1 pill - instant adverse reaction

Sending you love, strength and courage to fill a new day!! 🙏🙏🥰

On Venlafaxine for 30 years, 150mg

2018 first tapered, over 2 months, horrible crashed, reinstated 3 months later

February 2023, tapering again, every 4 weeks reduced by 50%  150mg down to 37:5mg 

June 2023, from 37.5, broke open capsule, started tapering by one bead at a time every 2 weeks 

August, 2023 stopped last bead. 
Nov, 2023, started Saint John Wort, 600mg, 3x a day = 1800mg  -

reduced 1 capsules 300mg on Feb 15, 2024

Supplements, 

magnesium bisglycinate, B complex, multivitamin, Omega 3 complex, Vitamin D3, digestive enzymes

also, use L-Theanine, occasionally natural GABA,  - stopped this in Jan 2024

For H.Pylori- Manuka Honey, 850mgo, Mastica Chios gum, Kefir, & probiotics 

• 1 month later...

Hello friends It's been a long time ،6 months ago the doctor prescribed me the antibiotic Cipro. This antibiotic caused major problems, and I did not realize that until I searched this place, where I read what Iron Man wrote about Cipro. This medicine has affected the tendons and muscles. I have had very difficult days In addition to the basic difficulties after amitriptyline withdrawal I just want to warn you, please stay away from Cipro I still suffer from it after 6 months New update Because I cannot practice walking or sports due to a herniated disc and knee pain, I registered in a swimming center and did some exercises in the water to make it easier. I only went for one day. I hope I can continue