Najla: amitriptyline from June 2019 until June 2022

Najla

قبل 3 ساعات، قال فور:

مرحبا، أنا آسف لأنك بعد شهرين جيدين قد ضربت موجة. هذا محبط للغاية بالنسبة لك. لكن أليس من الرائع أن يكون لديك شهرين جيدين؟ يا لها من أخبار رائعة!

هل كنت مشغولا جدا؟ هل حدث شيء مرهق؟ نحن حساسون جدا عندما نتعافى من هذه الأدوية ويستغرق التعافي وقتا طويلا جدا. ستحتاج إلى توخي الحذر لبعض الوقت في المستقبل.

@almuPAلديها أيضا أوقات تبلي فيها بلاء حسنا ثم تأتي موجة وهي (على ما أعتقد) على بعد 3 سنوات من الديك الرومي البارد على أدويتها. ستصل إلى هناك. سيمر هذا. ☺️

Thank you very much. I read her entire story as if she was talking about me. I felt that there was someone with me. I felt sad that she was still exposed to waves after 3 years. I wish her a speedy recovery for me and everyone. I have a question. Is it possible that watching one of the series that ends in a sad ending will affect us? Myself exhausted after finishing watching the series?

June 2019- June 2022 Amitriptyline for migraines, came off June 15, 2022 CT. Withdrawal symptoms.

ساعة قبل ذلك، قالت راشيل سوزان:

@Najlaأنا آسف لأنك في موجة. من المحزن دائما الشعور بالأعراض مرة أخرى بعد الاعتقاد بأنها اختفت إلى الأبد. سيذهبون بعيدا لكنني أعرف مدى صعوبة الانتظار. أتمنى أن تشعر بتحسن قريبا.

Thank you Rachel, I hope so too. Thank you for your support, your presence and your concern. This means a lot to me. I need support because I do not have a supportive family.

I often feel lonely

June 2019- June 2022 Amitriptyline for migraines, came off June 15, 2022 CT. Withdrawal symptoms.

• Mentor
8 hours ago, Najla said:

Is it possible that watching one of the series that ends in a sad ending will affect us? Myself exhausted after finishing watching the series?

Binge watching tv series? I am afraid I am guilty of doing this as well. I avoid anything violent or sad and try to watch uplifting things. I’m not sure sad TV in itself would bring on a wave but sitting on the sofa watching tv isn’t not good for us (I still do it because I’m often tired and need a lot of rest). Exhaustion will definitely contribute towards a wave.

Sometimes a wave will just happen because it was always going to happen. Healing is taking place and this will pass. You will feel better again. I know it’s totally disheartening to experience this after some time of feeling good. 

am not a medical professional. I provide information and make suggestions based on my own experience and SA guidelines. I am unable to respond to private messages. 

Mirtazepine 15mg Nov 2018 -April 2019  April - Sept 2019 Mirtazepine down to around 6mg - skipping days to taper

October 2019 - Dec 2019 unwell from failed taper including jumping about in doses 

15 December 2019 to 13 June 2021 15mg Mirtazepine 

14 June 2021 started brass monkey Slide.  
2021: 23 August 12.3mg, 28 October 11.1mg, 6 Dec 10mg

2022: 12 Feb 8.5, 25 Oct 4.5mg

2023: 16 Jan 3.6mg, 28 Sept 1.8mg

قبل 17 ساعة، قال فور:

هل تشاهد مسلسلا تلفزيونيا؟ أخشى أنني مذنب بفعل هذا أيضا. أتجنب أي شيء عنيف أو حزين وأحاول مشاهدة الأشياء المشجعة. لست متأكدا من أن التلفزيون الحزين في حد ذاته سيجلب موجة ولكن الجلوس على الأريكة ومشاهدة التلفزيون ليس جيدا بالنسبة لنا (ما زلت أفعل ذلك لأنني غالبا ما أكون متعبا وأحتاج إلى الكثير من الراحة). سيساهم الإرهاق بالتأكيد في موجة.

في بعض الأحيان ستحدث موجة لأنها كانت ستحدث دائما. يحدث الشفاء وسيمر هذا. ستشعر بتحسن مرة أخرى. أعلم أنه من المحبط تماما تجربة هذا بعد بعض الوقت من الشعور بالرضا.

Indeed, because I suffer from stress all the time and without making any effort, I am forced to watch TV, especially Netflix, but unfortunately most of the series are terrifying or sad and are not without a miserable ending that causes me frustration. I have always been very sensitive to sad stories. It may be because of my long suffering in life, due to the loss of And the death of my brother, followed by the death of my father, then my mother, then my sister had breast cancer, and it was difficult days, and although she finished her treatment, the impact of that period I still felt, and she became very sensitive.

I completed ten months free of Amitriptyline, I did not taper or reduce the dose, I jumped directly from 10 gm to zero without reducing the dose, what is new this week is strange throbbing, pain in all parts of the body, the kidneys area, pain in the legs and left hand, a spasm in the neck that may be due to the use of the phone Excessive flatulence, general weakness in the body, For some time I have been suffering from a feeling of fatigue when speaking, speaking or laughing, as if I have made a great effort. Has this happened to anyone?

Please @ألتوستراتاGive me your opinion and I will be grateful🙏🏻

Just now, Najla said:

I completed ten months free of Amitriptyline, I did not taper or reduce the dose, I jumped directly from 10 gm to zero without reducing the dose, what is new this week is strange throbbing, pain in all parts of the body, the kidneys area, pain in the legs and left hand, a spasm in the neck that may be due to the use of the phone Excessive flatulence, general weakness in the body, For some time I have been suffering from a feeling of fatigue when speaking, speaking or laughing, as if I have made a great effort. Has this happened to anyone?

Please @ألتوستراتاGive me your opinion and I will be grateful🙏🏻

@Altostrata

• Administrator

Hello, @Najla

I am sorry you have protracted withdrawal from going off amitriptyline. This can last a very long time.

In the last 4 months, how has your symptom pattern changed? How's your sleep?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

قبل 44 دقيقة، قال ألتوستراتا:

مرحبا،@Najla

أنا آسف لأنك تأخرت في الانسحاب من الخروج من أميتريبتيلين. يمكن أن يستمر هذا لفترة طويلة جدا.

في الأشهر الأربعة الماضية، كيف تغير نمط أعراضك؟ كيف حال نومك؟

First, I want to express my thanks and gratitude for your response I sleep well compared to the first months at this point not devoid of nightmares and waking up every hour and back again but better February was ok I was in a long window so you think I was out of hell in March the symptoms returned and a few windows but At the end of March, I entered into a severe wave of physical pain, not mental 💔 Low pressure, palpitations, severe weakness in the body, and symptoms increase during the menstrual cycle more. I observed here that most people have mental or emotional withdrawal symptoms, while I suffer greatly from physical symptoms.

• Administrator

It sounds like you are slowly healing naturally, with the usual frustrating waves and windows.

Many people here have physical symptoms of withdrawal, like yourself.

Quite often, withdrawal symptoms worsen around times in the menstrual cycle. 

See 

PMS, PMDD, and menstrual cycle issues during withdrawal and after

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Are We There Yet? How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take?

"Is it always going to be like this?"

The importance of recognizing you're feeling good

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

20 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

It sounds like you are slowly healing naturally, with the usual frustrating waves and windows.

Many people here have physical symptoms of withdrawal, like yourself.

Quite often, withdrawal symptoms worsen around times in the menstrual cycle. 

See 

PMS, PMDD, and menstrual cycle issues during withdrawal and after

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Are We There Yet? How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take?

"Is it always going to be like this?"

The importance of recognizing you're feeling good

Thank you, I have read almost the entire site, but sometimes I am suspicious and amazed at the extent of the effect of these drugs, even if the dose is small, so I panic and search for someone to reassure me. Withdrawal may be a disease that I did not know about. I do not want to take a lot of your time. Thank you for your participation here. It makes me feel that there is someone with me 🙏🏻

• Administrator

Please visit other Introductions topics, you'll see many people feel the same.

قبل 8 دقائق، قال ألتوستراتا:

يرجى زيارة مواضيع مقدمات أخرى، سترى الكثير من الناس يشعرون بنفس الشيء.

I will definitely do that, thanks a lot🙏🏻❤️

Hello everyone, since April 13th until today, May 10th, I am in a very long wave. I feel hopeless. Difficulty doing any simple effort. Fatigue all the time. Extreme weakness. What saddens me most now is that I cannot participate in any activity with my 15-year-old daughter. She feels that I am falling short with her. After 20 days there is a graduation party. She will go to high school, and I want to be present and supportive of her at the party. I hope to regain my activity for the sake of my children. I felt that I wanted to get some words out of my chest, so I was here.😭😭😭

Update, my period is approaching, and as usual, a condition of akathisia hits my body

• Administrator

It's very common for women to have worse withdrawal effects at times in their menstrual cycles.

قبل 3 ساعات، قال ألتوستراتا:

من الشائع جدا أن يكون لدى النساء آثار انسحاب أسوأ في بعض الأحيان في دوراتهن الشهرية.

Yes, I completely agree with you, and through my experience, and after 10 months have passed, I try to understand all the details and record them to know the order of everything. I also want the new people in the forum to benefit from the updates. My period was twice a month after stopping Amtriptyline. And the symptoms are much lighter. I want everyone to benefit from my story👍❤️

• Mentor
On 5/10/2023 at 6:42 PM, Najla said:

Hello everyone, since April 13th until today, May 10th, I am in a very long wave. I feel hopeless. Difficulty doing any simple effort. Fatigue all the time. Extreme weakness. What saddens me most now is that I cannot participate in any activity with my 15-year-old daughter. She feels that I am falling short with her. After 20 days there is a graduation party. She will go to high school, and I want to be present and supportive of her at the party. I hope to regain my activity for the sake of my children. I felt that I wanted to get some words out of my chest, so I was here.😭😭😭

I am sorry you are still in a wave. These withdrawal effects really are dreadful and I can only imagine how it must feel not to be able to be there for your children.
I hope you feel better before too much longer ❤️

am not a medical professional. I provide information and make suggestions based on my own experience and SA guidelines. I am unable to respond to private messages. 

Mirtazepine 15mg Nov 2018 -April 2019  April - Sept 2019 Mirtazepine down to around 6mg - skipping days to taper

October 2019 - Dec 2019 unwell from failed taper including jumping about in doses 

10 دقائق، قال فور:

أنا آسف لأنك ما زلت في موجة. آثار الانسحاب هذه مروعة حقا ولا يسعني إلا أن أتخيل كيف يجب أن أشعر بعدم القدرة على التواجد هناك من أجل أطفالك.
أتمنى أن تشعر بتحسن قبل فترة أطول ❤️

Thank you, Fur, for your sympathy. Two days ago, I entered a window. I hope I got rid of the long waves, but the acacia suddenly attacked.

• Mentor

I hope your window continues. This is a difficult process for all of us.  You are not alone. 

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

• Mentor

Oh that’s great news you entered a window. Be very careful not to do too much. Keep things slow and steady. Doing too much can bring on a wave, including, apparently, distressing tv shows 😝

At my worst I used to watch Moving Art on Netflix. That was so relaxing with nothing upsetting! 

What do you mean by acacia? This is a tree 😂😂😂

ساعتين قبل ذلك، قالت راشيل سوزان:

آمل أن تستمر نافذتك. هذه عملية صعبة بالنسبة لنا جميعا. أنت لست وحدك.

Thank you, Rachel, for your support. I hope so too. Yes, we are all in these hardships, but they will go away, God willing

On 5/18/2023 at 7:41 PM, Faure said:

Oh that’s great news you entered a window. Be very careful not to do too much. Keep things slow and steady. Doing too much can bring on a wave, including, apparently, distressing tv shows 😝

At my worst I used to watch Moving Art on Netflix. That was so relaxing with nothing upsetting! 

What do you mean by acacia? This is a tree 😂😂😂

Hello Four, I think my translation is suffering from a problem, I mean (Akathisia)🤣🤣

Hello, an update. I suffer from a week of pain in the lower jaw muscle. Is this a common withdrawal symptom?

• Administrator
On 5/23/2023 at 12:28 AM, Najla said:

Hello, an update. I suffer from a week of pain in the lower jaw muscle. Is this a common withdrawal symptom?

When did this start? Is there anything else that might have caused this pain? Do you find yourself clenching your teeth?

ساعة قبل ساعة، قال ألتوستراتا:

متى بدأ هذا؟ هل هناك أي شيء آخر ربما تسبب في هذا الألم؟ هل تجد نفسك تتشتق في أسنانك؟

Hello, this is only 8 days ago. Yesterday I went to the emergency. The doctor told me that there is inflammation in the lymph nodes below the jaw. She told me to go to the ENT doctor. I feel as if the lower jaw is burning. I am on my period.

I don't bite my teeth, I suffer from biting my tongue, but this is from a long time ago.

• Administrator

Enlarged lymph nodes indicate an infection. This usually is not associated with withdrawal.

قبل 4 دقائق، قال ألتوستراتا:

تشير الغدد الليمفاوية المتضخمة إلى وجود عدوى. عادة لا يرتبط هذا بالانسحاب.

Yes, the enlarged glands told me that it was an infection, but I noticed that the pain in the lower jaw always comes with the approach or during the period.

• Administrator

Increased pain sensitivity at times in the menstrual cycle is common. This is unrelated to withdrawal.

ساعة قبل ساعة، قال ألتوستراتا:

زيادة حساسية الألم في بعض الأحيان في الدورة الشهرية أمر شائع. هذا لا علاقة له بالانسحاب.

Thanks Alto, I think because of the multiple withdrawal symptoms we can no longer think well or we can distinguish between withdrawal or otherwise, I will wait until a week, if the condition does not improve, I will go to an ear, nose and throat doctor

• Administrator

Suggest you go immediately to a medical doctor about the enlarged lymph nodes.

4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Suggest you go immediately to a medical doctor about the enlarged lymph nodes.

Ok i well 👍

Update, I examined the lymph nodes at the throat and nose doctor, he said they are normal, but he told me that I suffer from acid reflux in the stomach, which led to a feeling of burning in the mouth, and I also woke up today from sleep while I was biting my teeth hard. This may be the cause of lower jaw pain, I have a feeling Dizziness, imbalance and nausea,

There are 17 days left and I have completed a year without amitriptyline. I was hoping that the withdrawal symptoms would completely end at this time. Everyone still does not believe that what I am suffering from until now are withdrawal symptoms from amitriptyline, but I got used to loneliness.

• Administrator

When people are clenching their teeth from withdrawal, a bite guard to wear at night can alleviate the symptoms.

قبل 32 دقيقة، قال ألتوستراتا:

عندما يقبض الناس أسنانهم من الانسحاب، يمكن لحارس اللدغة لارتدائه في الليل أن يخفف من الأعراض.

Yes i well do👍

Hi Najla,

I also believe I am suffering from Amitriptyline withdrawal. So far it has been 17 months since I stopped amitriptyline, and the last 2 months I have seen significant improvement in my symptoms. At months 12-13 my symptoms got temporarily worse (I had a bad cold, followed by COVID which I think worsened my withdrawal). However following these two worst months, I had my two best months. 

I also haven't had any doctor confirm my withdrawal from amitriptyline, but for me it seems the most likely thing that accurately explains my symptoms.

I tell you my story, because although everyone will have there own timeline for recovering, I hope it gives you an example that things can get better.

Sep 2021: Amitriptyline 25mg daily for Shingles. 

Nov 2021: - 6 week taper to 1/4 of 10mg Amitriptyline.

Jan 2022: Stopped Amitriptyline.

Aug 2022-Now: 1/2 tablet 25mg Diphenhydramine v. occasionally.

Sep 2022-May 2023: magnesium, omega 3, calcium and multivitamin.

Nov 2022-20mg Citalopram for 5 days only.

April 2023-Now: Significant improvement, mild symptoms, 1 tablet certrezine, occasionally.

@ChelseaMorning Has your sleep improved dramatically in past two months? Are you taking anything to help you with sleep? 

Clonazepam 0.5 mg (30 tablets, maximum twice a week)

Temazepam 10mg ( 40 to 45 tablets , upto 30 mg at once , sometimes together with Mirtazapine) 
2022 Mirtazapine 15mg for 2 weeks and stopped CT

Started Amitriptyline 20mg for 3 weeks and stopped CT

Again,Mirtazapine again 7.5mg for 3 weeks and stopped again CT.

7th Jan 2023 - last dose of 7.5mg Mirtazapine.

Currently on supplements:

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D