Najla: amitriptyline from June 2019 until June 2022

Najla

Original topic title:  Imperialtin Dosage 10g From 2019 June until 2022 June only

I am a 43-year-old woman who has been treated with amitriptyline from June 2019 to 2022 for migraines.

After that my life turned upside down Digestive disorder, sporadic aches in the arms and legs also I quit my job, I can no longer stop because of the dizziness I feel in my head and feeling weak, sometimes I feel like I'm in another world, heaviness in the tongue Forgetting slurred speech I don't know what to do? I am in a difficult condition.

I do not want to go back to treatment. I have gone through 4 months without it completely, but I miss myself, my life, and my relationship with my wife. It has become problems because he cannot believe that what I am ordering is withdrawal.

Edited by ChessieCat
added original topic title and spacing & reformatted translated text

June 2019- June 2022 Amitriptyline for migraines, came off June 15, 2022 CT. Withdrawal symptoms.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Najla: amitriptyline from June 2019 until June 2022
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Najla and welcome,

If you would put your medication history into a Signature Format that would be much appreciated.

Please see, and then follow the instructions given:

How to Summarize Your Drug History in Your Signature(just click on the underlined passage to see the topic, and then follow the instructions there)

Note that this is different from information given in your profile, on registration.  That is confidential.  You'll see yours and others signatures below each of their posts.

I am so sorry to hear of your persistent difficulties with migraines, and then medication.

I think that you have got WD(withdrawal) going on.  And I'll link you to topics that will help you understand that more below.

How did you come off the amitriptyline?  Did you just stop taking it?

Are you on any other drug(s) right now?

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made.  The CNS likes stability. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur. And sleep is really important during withdrawal. 

ThIs is how we recommend coming off a drug like yours.  We recommend a 10% or less taper from each previous dose.  And this is a harm reduction approach to going off psychiatric drugs.

it's possible reinstatement with a very small amount of amitriptyline might help to take some of the edge off your symptoms.  It's best done as soon as symptoms appear, but sometimes done later is helpful.  Let's discuss this a bit more, before you try it.  And......do read through this topic ^.  You'll see, you would not just go and remedicate with amitryptiline, the recommend is to try a very small amount to see if it offers much in the way of relief.

What happens when we are on these kind of drug(s) for a period of time.  And then what happens as we heal from them as well.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system.  

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

This is your introduction/journal page where you have now introduced yourself to the community, you can ask questions here regarding your WD, give updates, communicate with us here, and just keep a record of your journey.  Just one Introduction per member please.  For now, just post right here in a reply.

And best, Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays(mmt)

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 2 weeks later...

I did not know how to put the signature, but there is not much to add. It is only the treatment of amitriptyline for a period of one year and eight months. I left it completely five months ago without gradation. I hope to find someone like my case to inform me, did the effect of amitriptyline on the menstrual cycle and cause it to be disrupted? Is feeling confused a symptom Persistent dizziness and imbalance Weakness in the legs and hands I began to suspect that I suffer from the symptoms of Addison or Parkinson's

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote and reformatted translated text

June 2019- June 2022 Amitriptyline for migraines, came off June 15, 2022 CT. Withdrawal symptoms.

It is painful to feel lonely in such circumstances, especially if your partner does not believe what you feel. I suffer from a sliding in the brain, and I feel that the ground is shaking under my feet. I have a feeling of imbalance, and I suffer from a catastrophe in my intestines. Imagine, because the neurologist gave me amitriptyline for a migraine, and I continued the treatment for a year and eight months, and when I decided to leave it, he told me that I did not need to reduce the dose, but rather to cut it without fear of any withdrawal effects 10 gm

Edited by ChessieCat
reformatted translated text

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Naijla,  It will be helpful to get the signature done with just your drug information.  That way you might find someone similar to you and your case.  AND....it saves us time so we don't need to re-read when you stopped your drug AND you don't have to repeat your story each time you post.  Go to my first post and go to the signature topic.  The first post in topic tells how to do it, your signature, and what to put in.                Often yes, the AD'S do throw off our hormone balance.  Have your menses/periods/time of month improved or become more regular at all since you stopped the amitriptyline?            Your symptoms do sound like WD symptoms.  They do tend to improve in a Windows and Waves Pattern.  Have you good days without symptoms yet?       You will improve I think.  Hang on.  Try to post in a format that is easier to view please.....if you can.  Thankyou.  Keep us updated or let us know how you progress.  Thanks for posting.       L, P, H, and G.  mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

On 11/24/2022 at 3:09 PM, manymoretodays said:

مرحبًا Naijla ، سيكون من المفيد الحصول على التوقيع بمعلومات الأدوية الخاصة بك فقط. بهذه الطريقة قد تجد شخصًا مشابهًا لك ولقضيتك. و .... إنه يوفر لنا الوقت لذلك لا نحتاج إلى إعادة القراءة عندما توقفت عن تعاطي المخدرات ولا يتعين عليك تكرار قصتك في كل مرة تنشر فيها. انتقل إلى أول مشاركة لي وانتقل إلى موضوع التوقيع. يخبر المنشور الأول في الموضوع كيفية القيام بذلك ، وتوقيعك ، وما يجب إدخاله. في كثير من الأحيان نعم ، يؤدي الإعلان إلى التخلص من توازن الهرمونات لدينا. هل تحسنت فترات الحيض / فترات / وقت الشهر أو أصبحت أكثر انتظامًا على الإطلاق منذ أن توقفت عن تناول الأميتريبتيلين؟ تبدو أعراضك مثل أعراض WD. إنهم يميلون إلى التحسن في Windows و Waves Pattern. هل لديك أيام جيدة بدون أعراض بعد؟ سوف تتحسن على ما أعتقد. تشبث. حاول النشر بتنسيق يسهل عرضه من فضلك ..... إذا أمكنك ذلك. شكرًا لك. ابقنا على اطلاع أو أخبرنا كيف تتقدم. شكرا على نشرك. L و P و H و G. mmt

I still suffer from menstruation that comes twice a month. There is still a feeling of lightness and strangeness in the brain. I feel like I am bending forward when I walk, even for a few minutes. Excuse me. I do not speak English. I had to translate for an explanation. I had corona ten days ago, and because of the high fever, I had to use painkillers. Which brought me back problems in the digestive system, and despite recovering from Corona, but the effect on my stomach is still present, nausea, bloating and dizziness. I have read your words about taking back part of amitriptyline, but I do not want to do that. I tried to add it but I don't know what the problem is

One last question, is it possible for me to write periodically about everything that happens to me here, because I do not find anyone to support me and I feel lonely

Edited by ChessieCat
Resized font

haven't taken imetripline at all for five months

Edited by ChessieCat
Resized font

Is the flutter in the muscles a withdrawal symptom? Every day there is a flutter in a place of my body, either in the thigh or in the leg. Today, the flutter was in the eyelid of the right eye.

Edited by ChessieCat
reformatted translated text

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/5/2022 at 11:54 AM, Najla said:

I am a 43-year-old woman who has been treated with amitriptyline from June 2019 to 2022 for migraines.

On 11/22/2022 at 11:32 AM, Najla said:

I did not know how to put the signature, but there is not much to add. It is only the treatment of amitriptyline for a period of one year and eight months. I left it completely five months ago without gradation.

Hi there Najla.

I am hoping some members may come around to support you.  Sometimes this can take time.  And yes, most of your symptoms sound very consistent with WD syndrome to me.

Have you tried to do a signature?  This is what you would put there:

June 2019-2022 amitriptyline(dose ?) for migraines, discontinued when??

Then if any other medications you add them there too.

Here is that link again that goes right to your signature:

AccountsSettings/signature

Or Najla, if you have tried and are simply unable to figure out how to do a signature, just post here what you want in it, and I will do it for you.  Can you tell me the answer to what I put in lavender color above?

And okay so, current symptoms are:

On 11/25/2022 at 6:48 AM, Najla said:

Is the flutter in the muscles a withdrawal symptom? Every day there is a flutter in a place of my body, either in the thigh or in the leg. Today, the flutter was in the eyelid of the right eye.

On 11/23/2022 at 12:35 PM, Najla said:

It is painful to feel lonely in such circumstances, especially if your partner does not believe what you feel. I suffer from a sliding in the brain, and I feel that the ground is shaking under my feet. I have a feeling of imbalance, and I suffer from a catastrophe in my intestines.

Yes, I think so.  I've had eyelid twitches, and also in other body areas.  They came and went.......thankful for that.  I'll look for a link to a topic on that WD symptom for you.  Have you been able to look at the many WD symptoms in the link to the topic I gave you "Dr. Glenmullen's WD symptom checklist"  ?

Our topic on:

PMS, PMDD, and menstrual cycle irregularities during withdrawal and after

and:

Neuromuscular symptoms, muscle tics, twitches, fasiculations, spasms, cramps, restless legs

and:

Brain zaps

You are not alone here, with what you are going through.  It can take time until you are getting visitors to your topic/thread Introduction too.  Hoping that happens soon, so you don't feel so alone.

And wishing you the best.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

2 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

مرحبا نجلاء.

آمل أن يأتي بعض الأعضاء لدعمك. في بعض الأحيان قد يستغرق هذا بعض الوقت. ونعم ، تبدو معظم أعراضك متوافقة جدًا مع متلازمة WD بالنسبة لي.

هل حاولت القيام بالتوقيع؟ هذا ما ستضعه هناك:

يونيو 2019-2022 أميتريبتيلين (جرعة؟) للصداع النصفي ، متى توقف؟

ثم إذا كان هناك أي أدوية أخرى تضيفها هناك أيضًا.

إليك هذا الرابط مرة أخرى الذي ينتقل مباشرة إلى توقيعك:

إعدادات الحسابات / التوقيع

أو نجلاء ، إذا حاولت ولم تتمكن ببساطة من معرفة كيفية عمل توقيع ، فقط أنشر هنا ما تريد فيه ، وسأفعل ذلك من أجلك. هل يمكنك إخباري بالإجابة على ما أضعه في لون الخزامى أعلاه؟

حسنًا ، الأعراض الحالية هي:

نعم أعتقد ذلك. لقد عانيت من تشنجات في الجفن ، وكذلك في مناطق أخرى من الجسم. جاؤوا وذهبوا ... شاكرين لذلك. سأبحث عن رابط لموضوع عن أعراض WD. هل تمكنت من إلقاء نظرة على العديد من أعراض WD في رابط الموضوع الذي قدمته لك "قائمة مراجعة أعراض WD الخاصة بالدكتور جلينمولين"؟

موضوعنا عن:

الدورة الشهرية ، PMDD ، وعدم انتظام الدورة الشهرية أثناء الانسحاب وبعده

و:

الأعراض العصبية والعضلية ، التشنجات اللاإرادية العضلية ، التشنجات ، التشنجات ، التشنجات ، تململ الساقين

و:

ينطلق الدماغ

أنت لست وحدك هنا مع ما تمر به. قد يستغرق الأمر وقتًا حتى تحصل على زوار لموضوعك / مقدمة الموضوع أيضًا. آمل أن يحدث ذلك قريبًا ، حتى لا تشعر بالوحدة.

وأتمنى لكم التوفيق.

L و P و H و G ،

ممت

1/ I tried to put a signature but it does not appear
2/ Correct from June 2019 to June 2022
3/I gave up amitriptyline without gradation, but rather suddenly, as my doctor told me, I don't need to cut back.
4/ The last day I used amitriptyline was June 15th, which means that I have completed five months and 12 days completely drug-free.
5/ Thank you very much for the link you provided. It clarified many points for me
3/I gave up amitriptyline without gradation, but rather suddenly, as my doctor told me, I don't need to cut back.
4/ The last day I used amitriptyline was June 15th, which means that I have completed five months and 12 days completely drug-free.
5/ Thank you very much for the link you provided. It clarified many points for me

Sorry, I use google translate because I don't speak English
Edited by manymoretodays
trying to fix format, no success yet

• Moderator Emeritus

Maybe you forgot to hit the SAVE button in the lower left corner.

I went ahead and put it in for you and it is now visible, below your posts.

Yes, I know......it can be tough with translation.  You are doing it though.  Thank you.  And then just ask, as you have been, if any questions, as the translation might be a little confusing when you are just reading.

Edited by manymoretodays

8 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

ربما نسيت الضغط على زر حفظ في الزاوية اليسرى السفلية.

لقد تقدمت ووضعتها لك وهي الآن مرئية ، أسفل مشاركاتك.

نعم ، أعرف ... قد يكون الأمر صعبًا مع الترجمة. أنت تفعل ذلك بالرغم من ذلك. شكرًا لك. وبعد ذلك فقط اسأل ، كما كنت ، إذا كان لديك أي أسئلة ، فقد تكون الترجمة محيرة بعض الشيء عندما تقرأ فقط.

I hit save and it didn't work

• Mentor
On 11/25/2022 at 12:34 PM, Najla said:

One last question, is it possible for me to write periodically about everything that happens to me here, because I do not find anyone to support me and I feel lonely

Hello Najla, nice to meet you. I’m sorry you are feeling lonely and don’t have anyone to support you. That’s what SA is for so please write here when you want. 

I saw you have some “flutters” around your body. I too get something like this sometimes, I call  “fleeting pains” which I most often get in my legs. 

It does sound like you’re experiencing withdrawal symptoms from stopping your medication without tapering. Unfortunately doctors don’t understand the need for tapering so we see many people here unwell with withdrawal symptoms.

As for your periods, I realised about a year after my first covid vaccine that my periods had been affected in that they came more often - around every three weeks so it might be this or it might be the removal of your medication.  I only realised when they went back to more normal 4 weeks that the covid vaccine might have been the cause.  You might even be experiencing the start of perimenopausal symptoms but you might be a bit young for that….

Keep us posted on how you are 😊

am not a medical professional. I provide information and make suggestions based on my own experience and SA guidelines. I am unable to respond to private messages. 

Mirtazepine 15mg Nov 2018 -April 2019  April - Sept 2019 Mirtazepine down to around 6mg - skipping days to taper

October 2019 - Dec 2019 unwell from failed taper including jumping about in doses 

15 December 2019 to 13 June 2021 15mg Mirtazepine 

14 June 2021 started brass monkey Slide.  
2021: 23 August 12.3mg, 28 October 11.1mg, 6 Dec 10mg

2022: 12 Feb 8.5, 25 Oct 4.5mg

2023: 16 Jan 3.6mg, 28 Sept 1.8mg

28 minutes ago, Faure said:

مرحبا نجلاء سعدت بلقائك. أنا آسف لأنك تشعر بالوحدة وليس لديك من يدعمك. هذا هو الغرض من SA لذا يرجى الكتابة هنا عندما تريد. 

رأيت بعض "الخفقان" حول جسدك. أنا أيضًا أحصل على شيء كهذا أحيانًا ، أسميه "الآلام العابرة" التي كثيرًا ما أصاب بها في ساقي. 

يبدو أنك تعاني من أعراض الانسحاب من التوقف عن تناول الدواء دون تناقص. لسوء الحظ ، لا يفهم الأطباء الحاجة إلى التناقص التدريجي لذلك نرى العديد من الأشخاص هنا ليسوا على ما يرام مع أعراض الانسحاب.

بالنسبة إلى دورتك الشهرية ، أدركت بعد مرور عام تقريبًا على لقاحي الأول لفيروس covid أن دورتي الشهرية قد تأثرت لأنها جاءت في كثير من الأحيان - كل ثلاثة أسابيع تقريبًا ، لذلك قد يكون هذا أو قد يكون إزالة الدواء الخاص بك. أدركت فقط عندما عادوا إلى الوضع الطبيعي لمدة 4 أسابيع أن لقاح كوفيد قد يكون السبب. قد تكونين تعانين من بداية أعراض ما قبل انقطاع الطمث ولكن قد تكونين صغيرة بعض الشيء من أجل ذلك….

يبقينا على اطلاع كيف حالك 😊

Thank you for your contribution. I believe that support is the most important thing in our case, and having such a site helps a lot. Interacting with you makes me feel that I am not alone.. Yes, I find that the Corona vaccine had a great impact on the menstrual cycle, and because in my country I am forced to take three doses, and the effect was greater.
Today the eye flutter calmed down and a little pain in the legs returned. I have some windows, but the waves are much longer. What worries me most is that my work is disrupted and I am responsible for my children and spending on them

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, Najla said:

I hit save and it didn't work

Hmmm, that's okay.  Does it all look okay to you now?

I'm going to quote this over to your Introduction now too, Najla.  A response to this, posted to another member:

On 11/27/2022 at 8:20 AM, Najla said:
I noticed that the site has become empty and no one is responding to our stories. I suffer now, five months after the complete cessation of 0 amitriptyline, with a continuous decrease in pressure + pain in the heart and fluttering throughout my body. Have you experienced that?

Here is the response:

1 hour ago, SleepPls009 said:

Hi Najla. I haven't experienced anything of that sort. I think my own heart problems existed before I went off of the antidepressants, and my experience with insomnia just brought them out more. Have you had any other symptoms? I imagine that you have already, but I would definitely speak to a cardiologist if I were you. Mine was finally able to sort out my issue after about 3 months of me constantly hounding him!!

And it just is that responses are not always immediate or right away.  This is a forum set up here, not a twitter, or instant response type of format.  Altostrata set this forum up over 10 years ago when going through her own WD, and when help was found to be so very lacking in the medical community.  It has gotten only slightly better now, and I think we all play a part in trying to educate, and share the knowledge we've found here, and elsewhere.  I am very thankful for this site and got great input into managing my own last tapers and then WD as well.  Time and place though.  Sometimes early WD is so tough or tough enough to manage that educating others may be better saved for when more healed?  I don't know, some get out there early on, others share where and when it works best for them.

And I agree, if you do think that there is a heart problem that you might seek out appropriate medical input.  You described decreased pain in your heart......which I would think is good.  But.....if you did have pre-existing heart problems, then you might want cardiology input now.  WD is a stressor on the body after all.

I quoted all that here, as some of it does apply to you and your situation, and so it is good for us to keep all your information here, on your Introduction. 

Good to see you getting around the site too.  That's great.  When visiting others, do try to support them as well.......offer encouragement.  I think you may have and so that is good.

Oh and thank you Faure for stopping in here and offering support.  Yay!  Heart icon.  We do get awfully busy Najla, and I am glad you are figuring it all out and getting more support.

I did okay with my Covid vaccines, thankfully.  Reminds me I need to get my very first flu vaccine this year.  And need to schedule it.  I put it off as I was traveling, and so now will do it.  I figured I might feel a bit off from it, and did not want that during travel time.

Also, is there anyway to prevent posting in those posts that need to be scrolled through.  Those are kind of difficult and more time consuming to read and absorb.  Thanks in advance, if you can figure out how to undo that kind of post.  I could not figure out how to change that format myself.

I think you are coming along nicely Najla.  Figuring things out for yourself, learning how to cope, offering support to others.  Good job.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
?clarity

46 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

هممم ، هذا جيد. هل كل شيء يبدو بخير بالنسبة لك الآن؟

سأقتبس هذا في مقدمتك الآن أيضًا يا نجلاء. ردًا على هذا ، تم نشره إلى عضو آخر:

ها هو الرد:

والشيء الوحيد هو أن الاستجابات ليست دائمًا فورية أو فورية. هذا منتدى تم إنشاؤه هنا ، وليس Twitter ، أو شكل استجابة فورية. أنشأت Altostrata هذا المنتدى منذ أكثر من 10 سنوات عندما كانت تمر عبر WD الخاصة بها ، وعندما وجد أن المساعدة غير متوفرة للغاية في المجتمع الطبي. لقد تحسنت قليلاً الآن ، وأعتقد أننا جميعًا نلعب دورًا في محاولة التثقيف ومشاركة المعرفة التي وجدناها هنا وفي أي مكان آخر. أنا ممتن جدًا لهذا الموقع وحصلت على مدخلات رائعة في إدارة التناقص التدريجي الأخير الخاص بي ثم WD أيضًا. على الرغم من الزمان والمكان. أحيانًا يكون WD المبكر صعبًا جدًا أو صعبًا بما يكفي للإدارة بحيث يمكن توفير تعليم الآخرين بشكل أفضل عندما يتم التعافي أكثر؟ لا أعلم ، فبعضهم يخرج إلى هناك مبكرًا ، والبعض الآخر يشاركهم أين ومتى يكون ذلك أفضل بالنسبة لهم.

وأنا أتفق معك ، إذا كنت تعتقد أن هناك مشكلة في القلب قد تبحث عن المدخلات الطبية المناسبة. وصفت انخفاض الألم في قلبك ...... وهو ما أعتقد أنه جيد. ولكن ..... إذا كنت تعاني من مشاكل قلبية موجودة مسبقًا ، فقد ترغب في إدخال معلومات خاصة بأمراض القلب الآن. WD هو ضغط على الجسم بعد كل شيء.

لقد اقتبست كل ذلك هنا ، لأن بعضًا منه ينطبق عليك وعلى حالتك ، ولذا فمن الجيد لنا أن نحتفظ بكل معلوماتك هنا ، في مقدمتك. 

من الجيد رؤيتك تتجول في الموقع أيضًا. ذلك رائع. عند زيارة الآخرين ، حاول أن تدعمهم أيضًا ... قدم التشجيع. أعتقد أنه قد يكون لديك وهذا أمر جيد.

أوه وشكراً لك يا فور على توقفك هنا وتقديم الدعم. ياي! رمز القلب. نجلاء مشغولة للغاية ، ويسرني أنك تفكر في كل شيء وتحصل على المزيد من الدعم.

أنا بخير مع لقاحات Covid ، لحسن الحظ. يذكرني أنني بحاجة إلى الحصول على لقاح الإنفلونزا الأول هذا العام. وتحتاج إلى جدولتها. لقد أجلته أثناء سفري ، وسأفعل ذلك الآن. كنت أحسب أنني قد أشعر بالابتعاد قليلاً عن ذلك ، ولم أرغب في ذلك أثناء وقت السفر.

أيضًا ، هل هناك على أي حال لمنع النشر في تلك المشاركات التي تحتاج إلى التمرير خلالها. هذه صعبة نوعًا ما وتستغرق وقتًا أطول في القراءة والاستيعاب. شكرًا مقدمًا ، إذا كان بإمكانك معرفة كيفية التراجع عن هذا النوع من المنشورات. لم أستطع معرفة كيفية تغيير هذا الشكل بنفسي.

أعتقد أنك قادمة بلطف نجلاء. اكتشاف الأشياء بنفسك ، وتعلم كيفية التأقلم ، وتقديم الدعم للآخرين. أحسنت.

L و P و H و G ،

ممت

Hello, I did not have heart problems except in the last period, and during withdrawal, there is a palpitation associated with the days of the menstrual cycle and the days of ovulation. The doctor did the necessary work, did x-rays for reassurance, and ultrasound imaging, and everything was fine, and I did not suffer from severe hypotension, but two weeks ago I contracted Corona and went to the emergency In order to reduce the constant pressure that I still suffer from, and they asked me to go to the endocrinologist, today is my appointment with him. I hope to find an answer for him, and I hope that there will be no more treatments.

• Moderator Emeritus
57 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Also, is there anyway to prevent posting in those posts that need to be scrolled through.  Those are kind of difficult and more time consuming to read and absorb.  Thanks in advance, if you can figure out how to undo that kind of post.  I could not figure out how to change that format myself.

Are you posting from a phone device?  You might try posting from a PC, or desktop computer when you can get access to one.  I did notice that I could read your whole post without so much scrolling from my android phone device, BUT I cannot do much in the way of replies from that.  So I use my desktop PC when I am here posting and moderating.

• Moderator Emeritus

Try DeepL translate for translation:

https://www.deepl.com/en/translator

and then use google translate to read.  That may work best.

Here's what DeepL translated for me, and then I could copy it over here in one block post:

Hello, I did not have heart problems except in the last period, and during withdrawal, there is a palpitation associated with the days of the menstrual cycle and the days of ovulation. The doctor did the necessary work, did x-rays for reassurance, and ultrasound imaging, and everything was fine, and I did not suffer from severe hypotension, but two weeks ago I contracted Corona and went to the emergency In order to reduce the constant pressure that I still suffer from, and they asked me to go to the endocrinologist, today is my appointment with him. I hope to find an answer for him, and I hope that there will be no more treatments.

Okay, this ^ is good to hear Najla.  I hope so too, and hope no more treatments as well.  I know they are pushing more psychoactive/psychiatric drugs on patients now after Covid infections.  And so proceed with caution.  Know you do not have to take a drug offered.

Better is to look it up first, always.

Drugs.com is a good site to do that, and if you cannot access that, then try Medscape.

https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

use the top search box for individual drugs

https://reference.medscape.com/

both ^ will also provide drug interactions reports too, if ever on more than one drug, or thinking of adding one, it is always good to check interactions.  Sometimes the drug prescribers just do not.  Unfortunate.  Too busy?  Or they think the pharmacy or dispensary will?  I don't get it.  Not anymore.

Wow.  Long couple hours of translation.  I think I forgot all about the magic of DeepL translations.

Best,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

20 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

جرب DeepL Translate للترجمة:

https://www.deepl.com/ar/translator

ثم استخدم مترجم جوجل للقراءة. قد يعمل هذا بشكل أفضل.

هذا ما ترجمه DeepL لي ، وبعد ذلك يمكنني نسخه هنا في منشور كتلة واحد:

مرحبًا ، لم أعاني من مشاكل في القلب إلا في الفترة الماضية ، وأثناء الانسحاب ، هناك خفقان مرتبط بأيام الدورة الشهرية وأيام الإباضة. قام الطبيب بالأعمال اللازمة ، وقام بالأشعة السينية للطمأنينة ، والتصوير بالموجات فوق الصوتية ، وكان كل شيء على ما يرام ، ولم أعاني من انخفاض ضغط الدم الشديد ، لكن قبل أسبوعين تعاقدت مع كورونا وتوجهت إلى الطوارئ من أجل تقليل المستمر الضغط الذي ما زلت أعاني منه وطلبوا مني الذهاب إلى أخصائي الغدد الصماء ، اليوم هو موعدي معه. آمل أن أجد له إجابة ، وآمل ألا يكون هناك المزيد من العلاجات.

حسنًا ، هذا ^ جيد لسماع نجلاء. آمل ذلك أيضًا ، وآمل ألا يكون هناك المزيد من العلاجات أيضًا. أعلم أنهم يدفعون بالمزيد من الأدوية ذات التأثير النفساني / النفسي على المرضى الآن بعد الإصابة بعدوى كوفيد. ولذا تابع بحذر. اعلم أنك لست مضطرًا لتناول الدواء المعروض.

الأفضل هو البحث عنه أولاً ، دائمًا.

موقع Drugs.com هو موقع جيد للقيام بذلك ، وإذا لم تتمكن من الوصول إليه ، فجرّب Medscape.

https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

استخدم مربع البحث العلوي عن الأدوية الفردية

https://reference.medscape.com/

سيقدم كلا ^ أيضًا تقارير عن التفاعلات الدوائية أيضًا ، إذا تم تناول أكثر من دواء واحد ، أو التفكير في إضافة واحد ، فمن الجيد دائمًا التحقق من التفاعلات. في بعض الأحيان ، لا يفعل واضعو الأدوية. مؤسف. مشغول جدا؟ أم يعتقدون أن الصيدلية أو المستوصف سيفعلون؟ انا لم احصل عليها. ليس بعد الآن.

رائع. ساعتان طويلتان من الترجمة. أعتقد أنني نسيت كل شيء عن سحر ترجمات DeepL.

الأفضل،

L و P و H و G ،

ممت

My appointment today was with the endocrinologist, and he said that the drop in pressure may be due to failure of the adrenal gland or a problem in the pituitary gland. He asked for an analysis at the time of fasting in the early morning, then I would be given an injection of the hormone aldosterone.
Then the analysis is repeated again
I asked the doctor about the effect of amitriptyline and that it might be a long withdrawal. He said I do not know about this treatment, but I do not like it, but he was careful not to mention it badly and tried to end the matter.
Now my question is, do you think that the analysis method is acceptable to inject me with the hormone aldosterone, which is similar to corticosteroids, or as I understand it!!
I am afraid of the effect of this substance because he said it secretes the hormone in the brain

4 minutes ago, Najla said:
I think it's called the hormone oxytocin

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi there,

Interesting, that the doctor closed the subject on amitriptyline and WD.  Why am I not surprised?  I take it he was not the prescriber of amitryptiline.

DeepL, did you try it?  It's simple and it works, and it saves staff time, and my time.  I would appreciate it.  Here's what I got:

My appointment today was with the endocrinologist, and he said that the drop in pressure may be due to failure of the adrenal gland or a problem in the pituitary gland. He asked for an analysis at the time of fasting in the early morning, then I would be given an injection of the hormone aldosterone.
Then the analysis is repeated again
I asked the doctor about the effect of amitriptyline and that it might be a long withdrawal. He said I do not know about this treatment, but I do not like it, but he was careful not to mention it badly and tried to end the matter.
Now my question is, do you think that the analysis method is acceptable to inject me with the hormone aldosterone, which is similar to corticosteroids, or as I understand it!!
I am afraid of the effect of this substance because he said it secretes the hormone in the brain

54 minutes ago, Najla said:

I think it's called the hormone oxytocin

Is this really something you need to do right now?  Is your BP always low or was that a one time event, or related to you standing up?   Me, I would not want to mess with aldosterone right now.

Low blood pressure from the drug or withdrawal?

Oxytocin?  That is secreted with Nursing/breast feeding, and also helps stimulate labor.  Why would they use oxytocin?

Anyway, I would hold tight if it was me.  Yours is not a unusual case of WD, or really complicated.  I mean I know it's tough when in Waves, but I might hold off on further testing and consults right now.

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide Najla.

And then it's just 2 weeks since Corona virus or Covid as we call it here.  That may have complicated things a little bit, and time should help with your further or complete healing/recovery.

I wish you very well. 

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

أهلاً،

المثير للاهتمام أن الطبيب أغلق الموضوع على أميتريبتيلين ود. لماذا انا لم يفاجأ؟ أعتبر أنه لم يكن الواصف للأميتريتيلين.

DeepL ، هل جربته؟ إنه بسيط ويعمل ، ويوفر وقت الموظفين ووقتي. سوف أقدر ذلك. هذا ما حصلت عليه:

كان موعدي اليوم مع أخصائي الغدد الصماء ، وقال إن انخفاض الضغط قد يكون بسبب فشل الغدة الكظرية أو مشكلة في الغدة النخامية. طلب تحليل وقت الصيام في الصباح الباكر ، ثم أعطي حقنة من هرمون الألدوستيرون.
ثم أعيد التحليل مرة أخرى
. سألت الطبيب عن تأثير أميتريبتيلين وأنه قد يكون انسحاباً طويلاً. قال إنني لا أعلم عن هذه المعاملة ، لكني لا أحبها ، لكنه حرص على عدم ذكرها بشكل سيء وحاول إنهاء الأمر.
سؤالي الآن هل تعتقد أن طريقة التحليل مقبولة بحقني بهرمون الألدوستيرون المشابه للكورتيكوستيرويدات أم كما أفهمها !!
أخشى تأثير هذه المادة لأنه قال إنها تفرز الهرمون في الدماغ

هل هذا حقًا شيء ما عليك القيام به الآن؟ هل ضغط الدم لديك منخفضًا دائمًا أم كان ذلك حدثًا لمرة واحدة ، أو مرتبطًا بوقوفك؟ أنا لا أريد العبث مع الألدوستيرون الآن.

انخفاض ضغط الدم من الدواء أو الانسحاب؟

الأوكسيتوسين؟ يفرز ذلك مع الرضاعة / الرضاعة الطبيعية ، ويساعد أيضًا في تحفيز المخاض. لماذا يستخدمون الأوكسيتوسين؟

على أي حال ، سأتمسك بشدة إذا كنت أنا. حالتك ليست حالة غير عادية من WD ، أو معقدة حقًا. أعني أنني أعلم أن الأمر صعب عندما أكون في Waves ، لكن قد أتأخر عن إجراء مزيد من الاختبارات والاستشارات الآن.

في النهاية ، الأمر متروك لك لتقرر نجلاء.

وبعد أسبوعين فقط منذ ظهور فيروس كورونا أو كوفيد كما نسميه هنا. قد يؤدي ذلك إلى تعقيد الأمور قليلاً ، ويجب أن يساعدك الوقت في الشفاء / الشفاء الكامل أو الكامل.

أتمنى لك التوفيق. 

L و P و H و G ،

ممت

Yes, I tried to try the site, but unfortunately it does not serve the Arabic language

I think I will wait a little before doing this analysis and give myself a chance before entering into hormonal injection experiments. It may be the effect of Covid or are some symptoms of withdrawal. Also, today I installed a device to measure the heartbeat for 24 hours to monitor the heart.
During this period, I find it difficult to practice life normally, such as walking or making a cup of tea. Do you think it is from withdrawal?
I apologize for the difficulty of language and translation. I hoped that the site I put up would serve Arabic, but unfortunately

• Mentor
10 hours ago, Najla said:

During this period, I find it difficult to practice life normally, such as walking or making a cup of tea. Do you think it is from withdrawal?

Hello, it sounds like much of what you are experiencing is withdrawal. Symptoms are numerous and varied and people on here have experienced many of them. We see people going to doctors looking for answers to their symptoms. Often the only solution to the problems is just waiting for the symptoms to pass and not adding any other medications.  Sometimes doctors add other drugs and this often makes people’s problems worse.  I’m really sorry you are experiencing all these distressing problems at the moment. 

am not a medical professional. I provide information and make suggestions based on my own experience and SA guidelines. I am unable to respond to private messages. 

Mirtazepine 15mg Nov 2018 -April 2019  April - Sept 2019 Mirtazepine down to around 6mg - skipping days to taper

October 2019 - Dec 2019 unwell from failed taper including jumping about in doses 

3 hours ago, Faure said:

مرحبًا ، يبدو أن الكثير مما تعاني منه هو الانسحاب. الأعراض عديدة ومتنوعة وقد عانى الناس هنا من العديد منها. نرى أشخاصًا يذهبون إلى الأطباء بحثًا عن إجابات لأعراضهم. غالبًا ما يكون الحل الوحيد للمشكلات هو انتظار مرور الأعراض وعدم إضافة أي أدوية أخرى. يضيف الأطباء أحيانًا أدوية أخرى وهذا غالبًا ما يجعل مشاكل الناس أسوأ. أنا آسف حقًا لأنك تواجه كل هذه المشاكل المؤلمة في الوقت الحالي. 

Thanks for the reply
Indeed, I found that the withdrawal symptoms are many, and each person may have different symptoms. What worries me most is that the people around me scare me of hypotension and that it may kill and some pressure on my heart that I feel at intervals, but it may be more severe. Entering the sixth month of withdrawal symptoms
But I will take a risk and I will not take the injection. It is enough to prevent me from it now, and we do not need more trouble. I hope that these days will pass and we will return to our normal life and our passion. What these drugs do is painful, although I saw people with high doses and also people with low doses, but this does not differ in withdrawal symptoms, and also no factor differed. The time between them, the suffering is long, regardless of any differences

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mentor

@Najla I read your thread.  I am sorry that you are suffering.  I want to offer my support. I stopped Zoloft abruptly in 2016 and went into withdrawal. Zoloft and Amitriptyline, are a different class of drug, but many of the symptoms of stopping suddenly appear to be the same.  I am wondering if what you refer to as flutters are what I call tremors? To me it feels like shaking inside my muscles in various part of the body. Sometimes legs, sometimes arms, sometimes all over. It can happen for five minutes or it can go on for hours and hours.

Have you recovered from your Corona virus? I know it must have been back in November but some people have symptoms for a long time afterwards. I hope that you are feeling better from the virus.

I know this must be very difficult for you. When I went through it I felt very alone. My family loves me and were very caring but they did not understand. I did recover and the symptoms went away but it took quite a while.

Warm wishes to you.

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

On ١٣‏/١٢‏/٢٠٢٢ at 18:13, RachelSusan said:

تضمين التغريدةقرأت موضوعك. أنا آسف لأنك تعاني. أريد أن أقدم دعمي. أوقفت زولوفت فجأة في عام 2016 وذهبت إلى الانسحاب. زولوفت وأميتريبتيلين ، نوعان مختلفان من الأدوية ، لكن العديد من أعراض التوقف المفاجئ تبدو متشابهة. أتساءل عما إذا كان ما تشير إليه بالرفرفة هو ما أسميه الهزات؟ بالنسبة لي أشعر وكأنني اهتز داخل عضلاتي في أجزاء مختلفة من الجسم. أحيانًا الساقين ، وأحيانًا الذراعين ، وأحيانًا في كل مكان. يمكن أن يحدث لمدة خمس دقائق أو يمكن أن يستمر لساعات وساعات.

هل تعافيت من فيروس كورونا الخاص بك؟ أعلم أنه يجب أن يكون قد عاد في نوفمبر ولكن بعض الناس لديهم أعراض لفترة طويلة بعد ذلك. أتمنى أن تشعر بتحسن من الفيروس.

أعلم أن هذا يجب أن يكون صعبًا للغاية بالنسبة لك. عندما مررت بها شعرت بالوحدة الشديدة. عائلتي تحبني وكانت مهتمة للغاية لكنهم لم يفهموا. لقد تعافيت بالفعل واختفت الأعراض ، لكن الأمر استغرق وقتًا طويلاً.

التمنيات الحارة لكم.

Thanks, Rachel. Yes it is jerks sometimes. In the legs and sometimes in the arms and it lasts for a while and disappears. Yes, I have recovered from Corona and its symptoms have ended for the past two days. I got a long window today. I entered another wave of weakness in the legs and a feeling of general weakness, and my digestive problems returned. How long did you recover?

• Mentor

@Najla   I had to reinstate.  It does not sound like that is advisable for you. After I reinstated it took me many months to become stable.  I then started to slowly taper off. Even that was hard for the first year.  After a while it got better and I was able to taper off a little bit more and that was not very noticeable. It is a very hard thing to recover from but it is possible. With time I felt better. I felt normal again. The recovery is very slow though. At first I did not notice that I was getting better. I started to write everything down and rate each day, as to how good or bad the symptoms were. After a few months I could read what I had written and see that I was slowly improving.

I am sorry that you feel alone with this. I too felt very alone. I have a nice husband and a nice family but it was difficult for them to understand.

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Najla sorry to hear you are having problems with Amitrityline. As you are aware i have also had problems with this drug since 2014 and had to reinstate which has been not good tbh. Its been the tuffest thing i have had to deal with and its been a vary slow process of making slight improvement's over the years.

Feel free to read my history or to ask any questions if you are needing some help.

I hope that you get some rest from the withdrawel soon.

Amitriptyline 20mg for 11 months for migraines. 24.11.14 CT from amitriptyline by doctor to swop to Citrolpam as doctor felt side effects of drugs were mental health issues. 12.14 Reinstated back to amitriptyline 2 weeks later after cronic withdrawl. 19.02.2015 Droped from 25mg to 20mg as drugs causing adverse effects of heavy sedation and anestetic propertys.03.03.15 Reduced 18.5mg to try and deal with sedation again. 08.03.15 Reduced to 17.5mg  28.03.15 15.7mg 12.04.15 14.9mg 19.04.15 14.2mg 26.04.15 13.5mg  2.05.15 12.8mg 9.5.15 12.1mg 15.05.15 11.5mg 21.05.15 11.0mg 24.05.15 10.0mg 2.6.15 9.0mg 4.6.15 8.6mg 13.06.15 8.1mg 20.06.15 7.7mg 27.06.15 7.3mg 4.07.15 7.0mg 9.07.15 6.6mg 13.7.15 6.3mg 19.07.15 6.0mg 24.07.15 5.7mg 31.07.15 5.4 8.08.15 4.9mg 15.08.15 4.4mg 22.08.15 4.0mg 29.08.15 3.6mg 06.09.15 3.2mg 13.09.15 2.9mg 21.09.15 2.6mg 28.09.15 2.4mg 05.10.15 2.2mg 12.10.15 2.0mg 22.10.15 1.8mg 26.10.15 1.7mg 2.11.15 1.5mg 9.11.15 1.4mg 16.11.15 1.2mg 23.11.15 1.1mg 10.12.15 1mg 1.1.2016 0.9mg 17.1.2016 0.8mg 01.02.2016 0.7mg 08.02.2016 0.6mg 14.02.2016 0.5mg 21.02.2016 0.4mg 01.03.2016 changed to liquid 1:1 ratio 0.4mg 8.03.2016 0.38mg 15.03.2016 0.36mg 20.03.2016 0.35mg 27.03.2016 0.32mg 08.04.2016 0.29mg 14.04.2016 0.27mg 23.04.2016 0.25mg  30.04.2016 0.23mg 07.05.2016 0.21mg 14.05.2016 0.19mg 28.05.2016 0.17mg 06.06.2016 0.16ml 13.06.2016 0.15ml 20.06.2016 0.14ml 27.06.2016 0.13ml 04.07.2016 0.12ml 11.07.2016 0.11ml 18.07.2016 0.10ml 25.07.2016 0.09ml 01.08.2016 0.08ml 08.08.2016 0.07ml 15.08.2016 0.06ml 22.08.2016 0.05ml 12.08.2016 0.04ml changed to 10:1 ratio 02.09.2016 0.036ml 24.10.2016 0.033ml  14.11.2016 0.030ml 01.01.2017 0.024ml 22.01.2017 0.022mg 12.02.2017 0.020mg 05.03.2017 0.018mg 26.03.2017 0.016mg 17.04.2017 0.014mg 07.05.2015 0.012mg missed few sig updates 09.09.2017 0.005mg missing few sig udates 29.07.2018 0.0001mg 17.02.2019 0.000006mg missed few updates 12.06.2020 0.0000000064mg 27.11.2021 0.0000000048mg 04.2021 0.0000000018mg 19.12.2021 0.00000000025641mg 27.03.2022 0.000000000128205mg 4.7.2022 0.000000000064mg reduced 31.12.2022 unsure exact dose now but know how make it up. Droped by 50% twice from current dose. **See entry in my journey for dose calculation**. Redution Sept 24.2023. Reduction Jan 1.2024

• 2 months later...
Update Nine months after the last time I took amitriptyline, I'm still having waves and pops and some waves are almost unbelievable, now I'm in a state of delirium, a feeling of alienation, weak cognition, dizziness and imbalance, I suffer from shortness of breath, weak pelvic muscles, I can't defecate easily, as if my intestines are numb Her movement is very weak, she has been crying continuously for two weeks, tears for no apparent reason, a feeling of despair. I don't know if anyone has suffered similar symptoms like me

• 1 month later...
It has now been almost nine months and ten days since the last pill I took, and as I mentioned, there are symptoms that decrease and there are symptoms that increase, and there are new symptoms. About two weeks ago, I entered a very difficult wave and I am still under its influence. I feel completely helpless. From the hip, I don't know how long we will stay in this hell, aren't the waves supposed to decrease and the windows to increase, or according to my belief, because the past two months I was in a better condition, but here I am again with a painful and strange relapse. With the passage of time, can you believe that I have become wishing that I could walk again? I feel sad. Wasn't nine months enough to go out!!

It has now been almost nine months and ten days since the last pill I took, and as I mentioned, there are symptoms that decrease and there are symptoms that increase, and there are new symptoms. About two weeks ago, I entered a very difficult wave and I am still under its influence. I feel completely helpless. From the hip, I don't know how long we will stay in this hell, aren't the waves supposed to decrease and the windows to increase, or according to my belief, because the past two months I was in a better condition, but here I am again with a painful and strange relapse. With the passage of time, can you believe that I have become wishing that I could walk again? I feel sad. Wasn't nine months enough to go out!!

Sore legs and general weakness in the body

• Mentor

Hello, I’m sorry that after two good months you have hit a wave. That is very demoralising for you. But isn’t it fantastic that you had two good months? What great news! 

Had you got very busy? Did something stressful happen? We are very delicate when in recovery from these drugs and it takes a very long time to recover. You’ll need to be careful for quite some time to come. 

@almuPA also has times when she is doing really well and then a wave comes and she is (I think) 3 years out from cold turkey on her meds. You will get there. This will pass. ☺️

Yes, it is nice to pass through windows, but I am terrified because of this strange physical attack, and there is a severe palpitation in the heart, followed by physical weakness and pain in the legs. I feel as if I am going to die. I feel afraid.

I made a small effort to clean the garden of my house, and I did it in the past months, and I was not affected, while these days I feel as if I started again with the symptoms again.

• Mentor

@Najla I’m sorry you are in a wave.  It is always sad to feel the symptoms again after believing that they have gone away forever. They will go away but I know how difficult it is to wait.  I hope you feel I better soon. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER