s0lit4ry: PMDD, withdrawals or shot nervous system?

s0lit4ry

14 hours ago, Heinz1903 said:

@Dragoon909

We have both very overlapping symptoms. It also overlaps with that of OCD. Even if we don’t have OCD and just something that mimics the behavior of OCD. Try techniques or read up on it.

do you often question your own senses, in a way of fearing you become “psychotic”. This often about subjects you deeply feel connected to?

Most intrusive thought that i have are like this. I sadly don’t have any advice  for you rather than, keep on going. 
if you need someone to vent, message me in DM. 

Yes, there's time I have feared becoming psychotic. Anxiety itself can make one feel as if they're going mad. 

That said, I know I'm part of reality: I can lay something down, and go back and it's still there.

That's reality...

I have to watch my stress or it becomes out of control, and I start acting inappropriately: anger, moody, rage and just overall irritable. 

Fearing becoming psychotic are only thoughts and fears.

They are JUST that. The feeling goes. 

Was on Lithium, Tegretol, Ambien, Klonopin and Depakote for several years. Came off Lithium, Tegretol, Ambien and Depakote c/t in 2009. Came off Klonopin in 2012. 

I forget the dosage other than 4mg of Klonopin. 

@Dragoon909

Yes. I do often experience the fear of hallucinating. Questioning everything that i hold true, while also questioning everything i see?

2014-2020 Haloperidol
2017-2021 Zoloft
2018-2021 Issues zoloft so i decreased on both Haloperidol

November 2020 Taper down Haloperidol(barely any issues)
March 2021 taper down from zoloft(alot of issues)
Zoloft taperdown from march till late june
25mg was my dosage, may 10mg(from 10 too 5 was hard), 5mg in end of june every lowar dosage gave me alot of issues. clean in end of june.

On 12/20/2022 at 8:48 PM, Happy2Heal said:

You are  a quick learner! congratulations on getting to this place of understanding so quickly. good for you!

oh yes this is DEF a WD symptom and for me it was the most distressing one. In my mind I would be picturing literally the end of the world, every possible horrible thing that could happen was vividly happening in my mind and I could not shut it off or shut it out. I wasn't sleeping more than 20 mins at  a time at this point.

I don't have the best advice for this, as I'm not even sure How I got thru it. It was very hard. 
BUT It was one of the more short lived of my symptoms of WD recovery thank goodness!!

you may need to work extra hard to tell yourself that the pictures in your mind are NOT REAL and are NOT HAPPENING and are not GOING TO happen. It's just the way your brain is trying to get back to the way it was before the psych drugs and in so doing, it's hit a bad patch of stuff it needs to sort and re file and that's the only reason it's doing this doomscrolling (that's the best term yet to describe it)

it's hard because how do you get out of your own mind?

for anyone who has not experienced this, they are not going to be able to tell you what to do

I don't know if I can even tell you, but I can assure you that it will not hurt you, and it WILL END

it will

the doom and gloom sh*t that your brain is spitting up is going to stop.

I found I had a very hard time being alone when this was happening, I had to be on the phone with someone or around someone, I even begged someone to let me sleep over at their house (I live alone) if that helps you, do it! don't worry about what others think

I had to keep very busy. I did end up in the ER afraid that the horrific images in my mind were pulling me towards death, I did not want to die but felt that it would be the only way to escape what my brain was showing me. I begged them for a medication that had stopped intrusive thoughts for me in the past and they gave it to me. Truthfully it did not help a whole lot, but it did get me thru the worst of it. It was very much a day to day minute to minute battle at that point

It's hard to talk about this without using triggering words and for that I am very very sorry but I think may help you to know that these images in your brain are truly just part of the process and WILL END

I have a trauma history too and never before in my life did I experience this doom scrolling that my brain did. I was always able to put ideas of death and such out of my head, in fact, I believed that death would be welcome and didn't think I would ever be able to be released from the nightmares I was living thru by the sweet release of death, There is a poem about longing for death that appealed to me, 

But WD was the very first time that I ever even believed that I could die. I saw it in my  mind, I saw the end of the world in my mind. This is nothing like PTSD which tends to focus on actual traumatic events that you experienced.  Nothing at all. 

but the GOOD news is that this will stop, for me they suddenly stopped - they started suddenly and they stopped the same way 

I don't recall exactly how long they lasted, I want to say  no more than a few weeks...?

but in any case, do what ever you can to distract yourself

get books on positive thinking - oh there are several, I will try to find the titles

literally force yourself to think about puppies and kittens and rainbows and anything at all that is fun silly happy and good

you will need to override the negative images in your brain

I hope that your brain works faster than mine did and that this part of healing goes by super fast for you

you have been doing FANTASTIC work on fighting the anxiety  so you've got a good strong foundation, that's great

you can make it thru this part, it's hard I am so sorry

but YOU can DO IT!!

the images in your mind are not real. it's the opposite side of the light and love and happiness that is going to be coming your way very very soon.

hold onto that ok?

you will get thru this

don't be afraid to try things that may seem silly

if they work, who cares?

Thanks so much!

Right now, my symptoms have flared up for the worse. I believe they are as bad as they were when I began the one month taper.

My anxiety is insanely high right now, off the charts. Didn't sleep much last night. Totally dizzy and dissociated as hell. And yes, the doomscrolling too.

Should mention that my period just came today, and my symptoms became 500x worse again about 5 days beforehand. So the pattern of premenstrual exacerbation repeated, only it came late.

The hardest thing is not knowing how long it will last. I hope not too llong

April 27, 2022 - THC overdose and subsequent trauma/panic disorder

May 4 - May 10: ER visit for panic attacks, given Ativan 1mg and Buspirone 10mg (I tried Buspirone once in 2020 for 3 months) both didn't work, quit both CT

May 10 - May 20: Lexapro 5mg for 10 days, extreme adverse reaction, quit CT

May 20 - June 30: Zoloft 25mg for 2wk, extreme adverse reaction, fast taper over 3wk
June 30: Seroquel 12.5mg with 6.2mg dose increase every 2 weeks

Oct 1: Seroquel 25mg at this point symptoms vast and unbearable

October 1 - Nov 1: Seroquel fast taper, 4.2mg every 6-7 days, Ativan .25-.5mg every 2,3,4th day for panic

Nov 1, 2022 - 0mg seroquel, 0mg Ativan

What I really wish I knew is, why, when healing itself, does the brain have to do it in such an insanely chaotic and torturous way? Sigh.

May 4 - May 10: ER visit for panic attacks, given Ativan 1mg and Buspirone 10mg (I tried Buspirone once in 2020 for 3 months) both didn't work, quit both CT

May 20 - June 30: Zoloft 25mg for 2wk, extreme adverse reaction, fast taper over 3wk

October 1 - Nov 1: Seroquel fast taper, 4.2mg every 6-7 days, Ativan .25-.5mg every 2,3,4th day for panic

• Mentor
2 hours ago, s0lit4ry said:

The hardest thing is not knowing how long it will last. I hope not too llong

I  know, I know, the uncertainty of it is SO hard.

but it will end, I know that's small consolation when you are in the thick of it, but at least you know there's relief coming

for sudden panic attacks I found this little voice recording very helpful. It's called First Aid for panic.

There's a female voice version and a male voice version, choose whichever voice is most soothing for you

Female:

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/music/FirstAidPanicF.mp3

male:

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/music/FirstAidPanicM.mp3

There were times when I would need to listen to this over and over again, I did find it quite soothing. 

I hope this helps at least a little bit

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
3 hours ago, s0lit4ry said:

What I really wish I knew is, why, when healing itself, does the brain have to do it in such an insanely chaotic and torturous way? Sigh.

Hey Solitary, 

I think you'll be fine.

I remember years ago, I detoxed 4mg of klonopin. 

I had neuropathic pain, claw gripping my stomach, bruxism, depersonalization and just an overall feeling of never being well. It took me about 14 months before I felt like myself. 

But I did recover.

I had no choice.  The klonopin was killing me.

You will be fine.

I think what I'm going through now is stress. I don't feel anything like I did withdrawing from klonopin...but I do feel stressed with the derealization. 

Disassociation is something our brain does anyway under stress.

I know you were feeling better, did you relapse?

Have you been under loads of stress?

Stress can definitely bring on some very strange stuff. Yeah, it can set ppl back.

I hope you feel better soon.

Another question:

You came off Seroquel. What symptoms did that produce? It's a rough one because it can cause insomnia in wd. 

D. 

Was on Lithium, Tegretol, Ambien, Klonopin and Depakote for several years. Came off Lithium, Tegretol, Ambien and Depakote c/t in 2009. Came off Klonopin in 2012. 

8 hours ago, Happy2Heal said:

I  know, I know, the uncertainty of it is SO hard.

but it will end, I know that's small consolation when you are in the thick of it, but at least you know there's relief coming

for sudden panic attacks I found this little voice recording very helpful. It's called First Aid for panic.

There's a female voice version and a male voice version, choose whichever voice is most soothing for you

Female:

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/music/FirstAidPanicF.mp3

male:

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/music/FirstAidPanicM.mp3

There were times when I would need to listen to this over and over again, I did find it quite soothing. 

I hope this helps at least a little bit

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll give it a bookmark. Withdrawal panic totally sucks. I felt one coming on last night but it didn't escalate too bad because I rode the wave. Still felt miserable though.

I definitely feel WAY more on edge right now in month 2. My eyes are wide, skin burning, and I feel so on edge 24/7. My body is trembling a bit and everything feels surreal. I'm sure this is common. Just continuing to wait and stay engaged with daily activities. My partner is monitoring me.

Edit: deleted

Edited by s0lit4ry
rewritten with quote

On 12/17/2022 at 6:40 PM, Altostrata said:

Suggest you talk to your therapist about techniques to manage these thoughts that cause you to panic. Whether this is a withdrawal symptom or a return of your original habit of mind, learning these techniques will be helpful to you.

It's tempting for me to reinstate just because of how intense the symptoms are now becoming. I am in an almost constant state of high anxiety and dissociation as of about a week ago, I feel it getting worse, the fear of the DR is magnifying to an acute extent as my emotions are returning and I am again having some waves of suicidal feelings I believe as a WD symptom itself.

Should I just push through? I'm not sure reinstating would even help, I was bedbound and extremely numb and suicidal on the medication. I should still probably know at what dose to reinstate if I have to. I have not had any windows so far and that is extremely hard.

What constitutes as grounds for reinstating anyway? How much suffering one can endure, or what? Sigh.

I also considered an occasional Ativan as an option, but I'm not sure about that either, as I don't want to make myself worse, and it won't do anything to stop the endless DR anyway.

If I just let myself have repeated panic attacks will it eventually stop? Frankly they are absolutely piss terrifying.

The dose of seroquel I jumped off of was 4.1mg after a 1mo fast taper from 25mg.

My skin is burning bad, that's a constant as of this week.

What do you think Alto?

• Administrator

Up to you whether you want to get back on the psychiatric drug merry-go-round.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Mentor
On 12/23/2022 at 3:34 AM, s0lit4ry said:

If I just let myself have repeated panic attacks will it eventually stop? Frankly they are absolutely piss terrifying.

yes they will.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
5 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Up to you whether you want to get back on the psychiatric drug merry-go-round.

No I definitely do not, but wow, it's a bit unbearable. I suppose this is acute WD, hopefully just a short phase.

I'm in bed extremely dizzy right now, sweating profusely, shaking, disoriented, the feeling of chemical burning is extremely intense, panicky, weird thoughts, just sheer terror, feeling like I'll die, afraid to die, afraid to be alive, the whole nine yards, god, my body is screaming at me for drugs I guess.

I can barely handle it. Wow this is not fun. I hope I get a window or something. I want my body to adjust itself and realize it needs to go back to normal. I keep trying to tell myself it will improve but so far it's getting worse day by day.

I hope it does not get worse from here. I'm trying to celebrate Xmas with my fam but feel totally insane.

• Mentor

@s0lit4ry You symptoms are consistent with acute withdrawal and those symptoms can be absolutely awful. Beyond awful. I sense that you are just barely getting by from minute to minute. Your body will adjust itself, however it can never be quick enough.

It sounds to me, and I could be wrong, that you are in so much pain that you are willing to do anything to make the pain stop, such as reinstating.  That of course is an option but then you need to make sure is that you don't go back on at too high of a dose because that can make you sicker. I know this from experience. And of course you would have to decide what to reinstate, would it be Seroquel or something else? You mentioned having problems with Seroquel in your very first post so that might be a very difficult choice for you. Or you can decide to ride it out.  It's hard to make rational decisions while in the middle of such pain which is why moderators are helpful. It looks like Altostrata has been working with you. Maybe you could continue discussions with her?

This is a fully volunteer site, including Altostrata who set up and runs this site, so answers may not come as quickly as we would all like, but they do come. It is the best resource on the internet, at least in my opinion it is. I have been where you are and the people on this site helped guide me to recovery.

I do see that the doctors put you on a lot of different drugs since May, which was very hard on your body. I am sorry that you went through all of this. It must have been a very difficult time for you. And yes you will recover, you just need to get through the right now. Hang in there.

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

• Administrator

@s0lit4ry you went off Seroquel very quickly. How much Ativan did you take throughout October?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

57 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

@s0lit4ry you went off Seroquel very quickly. How much Ativan did you take throughout October?

Yes this is true. However I just couldn't handle staying on it, I was in excruciating pain. I'd rather be dissociated and have a few panic attacks, even though that's also horrible.

My only concern is that I want to make sure I am going to be medically safe. Panic is one thing, but actual safety another. I do not want to collapse or have a serious physical issue.

Throughout October I took about .25-.5 mg every 2 or 3 days for when I felt panicky coming off seroquel. So I maybe took it 17 or 18 times (that's pushing it) mostly .25mg.

Right now I feel full blown panic coming on that I can't control. Skin burning, extremely on edge.

I definitely do not feel safe but again, actual safety Vs imagined unsafety = different

Also, is it normal to get a lot worse after six weeks? Because yeah, this is WAY worse. Just don't want it to get even more worse. If this is as bad as it'll get I might be able to handle it.

I would literally do anything not to go back on that crap.

• Administrator

It is possible you were taking Ativan more often than every few days? How many pills did you use in the month?

• Administrator

You must have been taking Zoloft for more than a month, then you started Seroquel when you stopped Zoloft. Prior to starting Seroquel, while you were tapering Zoloft, what was your symptom pattern?

You've said that your symptoms increased as you increased the Seroquel. Which symptoms increased? What symptoms were "vast and unbearable" while you were taking 25mg Seroquel?

9 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

It is possible you were taking Ativan more often than every few days? How many pills did you use in the month?

Yes I mean I probably took it 17 or 18 times during one month (the taper month only trying to go off seroquel). I don't think I took it more than that but I can check my logs.

Prior to that they gave me Ativan for 10 days right before prescribing me Lexapro at the same time as the Buspirone

27 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You must have been taking Zoloft for more than a month, then you started Seroquel when you stopped Zoloft. Prior to starting Seroquel, while you were tapering Zoloft, what was your symptom pattern?

You've said that your symptoms increased as you increased the Seroquel. Which symptoms increased? What symptoms were "vast and unbearable" while you were taking 25mg Seroquel?

I think I was on Zoloft for little over a month including the taper time, yes. While tapering Zoloft I was very DPDR and extremely depressed with intense anxiety and depression waves cycling throughout the day, I remember distinctly that every time I took the med I felt worse, and on the days I didn't take it I felt a lot better. My psych had a every other day, every two days, every three days tapering schedule (that was back before I knew how to taper)

The absolute WORST I ever felt though was on the Lexapro and the subsequent taper. I literally felt like a brain in a jar. The second worst was on the 25mg of seroquel

On 25mg of seroquel I was extremely depressed and emotionally numb to the point of being suicidal. Extremely painful periods. Really intense waves of depression and total DPDR. I could not focus on anything, couldn't enjoy watching TV, could barely hold a conversation, couldn't open my laptop to work, drive, etc

After Zoloft it took me a few weeks on 1/2 tablet of seroquel to build up eventually to 25mg. I went from 1/2 for roughly a month feeling generally okay then to 3/4 for like a month getting worse and then to full tablet and after a couple months it was unbearable.

Sorry this may not all be completely accurate as my memory is super fogged. Basically I just remember being sorta okay when I started sq, I had some interests and was working, then getting worse and worse progressively as I increased the dose. My psych tried to get me up to 50 even despite my complaints

Haven't been able to sleep the last 3-4 nights more than maybe 2h due to "the burns". Is there anything that can help with this? Seems like the moment I close my eyes my brain goes into full dread mode and my body just burns like crazy.

On 12/25/2022 at 1:22 AM, s0lit4ry said:

Haven't been able to sleep the last 3-4 nights more than maybe 2h due to "the burns". Is there anything that can help with this? Seems like the moment I close my eyes my brain goes into full dread mode and my body just burns like crazy.

For what it's worth, you can try a heating blanket or warm up a bean bag, and place it on the nerve burning. 

I recall doing it when I had the withdrawals. 

It helped. 

Some ppl find just the opposite: cold to help it. 

And I've heard of some taking neurontin to help, but that route is just another medicine to come off of. 

4 hours ago, Dragoon909 said:

For what it's worth, you can try a heating blanket or warm up a bean bag, and place it on the nerve burning. 

I recall doing it when I had the withdrawals. 

It helped. 

Some ppl find just the opposite: cold to help it. 

And I've heard of some taking neurontin to help, but that route is just another medicine to come off of. 

I'll try the bean bag method. Thanks :)

Alright.. now the walls and floors and chairs look like they're moving. Definitely got a lot worse in the last 10 days. Burning like crazy. Anxiety is insanely high. Not sure what to do in this situation.

Am I safe? I'm not entirely sure at this point 😐

14 hours ago, s0lit4ry said:

Alright.. now the walls and floors and chairs look like they're moving. Definitely got a lot worse in the last 10 days. Burning like crazy. Anxiety is insanely high. Not sure what to do in this situation.

Am I safe? I'm not entirely sure at this point 😐

The movement sounds like vertigo. I had it in withdrawals.

It's completely harmless like derealization.  It is scary though. 

Of course, if you think it's something else...see a doctor. 

Did you try the bean bag for the nerve burning? 

I hope you start feeling better soon. If it were me, I would wait it out.

Seroquel can have some pretty intense symptoms.

3 hours ago, Dragoon909 said:

The movement sounds like vertigo. I had it in withdrawals.

It's completely harmless like derealization.  It is scary though. 

Of course, if you think it's something else...see a doctor. 

Did you try the bean bag for the nerve burning? 

I hope you start feeling better soon. If it were me, I would wait it out.

Seroquel can have some pretty intense symptoms.

Yes hard to explain but it kind of feels like being on acid. When I look at patterns they start moving. Looks like the floor is breathing or something. If it's another common harmless symptom then I feel ok just pushing through it, despite it being scary and annoying.

Yes the bean bag was helpful :)

I am waiting it out, but it has become a lot worse now. I am almost done with month 2 as of Jan 1. I really hope it will start getting better soon :(

Yes hard to explain but it kind of feels like being on acid. When I look at patterns they start moving. Looks like the floor is breathing or something. If it's another common harmless symptom then I feel ok just pushing through it, despite it being scary and annoying.

Yes the bean bag was helpful :)

I am waiting it out, but it has become a lot worse now. I am almost done with month 2 as of Jan 1. I really hope it will start getting better soon :(

Yeah, I had that wd symptom from coming off klonopin years ago. 

I recall looking at blinds in front of the window or anything patternized...it kinda moved.

The floors felt like they met my face.

I know wd symptoms are scary, but they are not unbeatable. 

I also had what I call pseudo neuropathy,  where I had burning. It was mostly in my back, and I used warmed up bean bags. 

You'll get better. And it's possible you could have setbacks, but they get less intense. 

Stress is what I find sets ppl back, because the brain has no pills as a crunch anymore.

It gets better...

🤗

Ps it helps when someone else is around. This way if you get too uncomfortable,  they can talk to you or distract. 

• Administrator
On 12/24/2022 at 4:21 PM, s0lit4ry said:

While tapering Zoloft I was very DPDR and extremely depressed with intense anxiety and depression waves cycling throughout the day, I remember distinctly that every time I took the med I felt worse, and on the days I didn't take it I felt a lot better. My psych had a every other day, every two days, every three days tapering schedule (that was back before I knew how to taper)

This sounds like you got withdrawal symptoms while tapering Zoloft. It may be that Seroquel didn't help and caused its own unpleasant effects, but Zoloft withdrawal ramped up while you were taking Seroquel.

You may also have Ativan withdrawal syndrome. 

As it appears you had a fairly immediate adverse reaction to SSRIs, starting with Lexapro, I very reluctantly suggest that taking a very small amount of a benzo, such as diazepam, which might be more effective for your symptoms than reinstatement of Zoloft or other SSRI.

21 hours ago, Altostrata said:

This sounds like you got withdrawal symptoms while tapering Zoloft. It may be that Seroquel didn't help and caused its own unpleasant effects, but Zoloft withdrawal ramped up while you were taking Seroquel.

You may also have Ativan withdrawal syndrome. 

As it appears you had a fairly immediate adverse reaction to SSRIs, starting with Lexapro, I very reluctantly suggest that taking a very small amount of a benzo, such as diazepam, which might be more effective for your symptoms than reinstatement of Zoloft or other SSRI.

Wow, that is insane. So my brain is basically destroyed. Great. Thanks to all the doctor's (extreme sarcasm)

I guess all I can do is wait it out. Not sure what else to do. I'm afraid to reinstate anything as I am worried it will just make everything worse, but I'm also afraid it'll just become unbearable over time by itself (if the WD from Zoloft can get that bad after a few months I'm afraid to see where the seroquel and Ativan WD is going to go).  I guess I will just have to resign to accepting the extreme pain and insanity for however long it takes.

I am only in my 20s, this is definitely the hardest thing I've done in life.

Still no windows but I will keep this thread updated. Thanks everyone for all of your help so far.

Hey Solitary, 

I would keep away from any stress while getting well. Just lay low and take it easy. 

Withdrawal is basically stress hormones ramping up, and throws the brain off equilibrium while fixing neurotransmitters. You will get back to normal. Everyone, like anything else heals so differently...there's just no way of knowing how long it will take. 

Avoid stress like the plague. 

• Mentor

undulating@s0lit4ry

I am only in my 20s, this is definitely the hardest thing I've done in life.

I am a lot older than you and this was absolutely the hardest thing I have ever gone through in life. You will heal though. And yes I had that thing where it looked like the walls and floors were moving. It is indeed very rough. Stay in touch with us, we care.

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

6 hours ago, RachelSusan said:

undulating@s0lit4ry

I am a lot older than you and this was absolutely the hardest thing I have ever gone through in life. You will heal though. And yes I had that thing where it looked like the walls and floors were moving. It is indeed very rough. Stay in touch with us, we care.

Thank you for the encouragement. If you can do it, I can. I believe in myself, but not having a timeline and getting progressively worse sucks. I wish I had one of you guys in my living room :(

Right now my brain is screaming at me incomprehensible levels of fear, but I'd honestly rather rip my arm hairs out one by one, eat my own legs, or cheese grate my fingers off than go back on psych meds. Lol

On 12/17/2022 at 4:20 PM, s0lit4ry said:

Do you relate to any of those having gone through severe psych symptoms as well? How did you handle them?

Oh yes! I am so sorry you have to go through this thing as well but I am frankly floored that a hyperfixation on death and subsequent anxiety attacks can be a WD thing! I thought it was my weird brain alone. Well just saying I go through the same thing. Existential dread. It’s awful I know. 

How did I handle them? Not very well yet but what helps me is being as good as I can to my body, trying to passively accept as much as I can that these things are as they are, praying and meditating when I feel calm enough to do so, actively relaxing…and waiting for the withdrawal to lessen over time. And talking to people who are willing to listen. And journaling.

On 12/17/2022 at 4:20 PM, s0lit4ry said:

I've read the faq about neuro emotions and strange thoughts i.e. WD patients developing OCD.

My initial diagnosis was panic disorder but I'm no longer having the nocturnal panic attacks that caused my diagnosis. This feels different, like my thoughts are going for a ride regardless of what I tell myself, like my brain is obsessively ddoomscrolling.

Funnily enough I had regular OCD before and that is now gone in favor to “obsessive doomscrolking” as you so perfectly put it.

Let me chime in with a different thought, too: Female hormones play a big part in how we women deal with things and think about things. Maybe a good ob gyn can help you find out if yours are litttle out of whack? I had issues with that all my life and now I am in perimenopause and it’s worse than ever. If so, you really need a good and knowledgeable gyn to recommend dealing with this. There are a lot of natural options too.

I assume you checked your thyroid which also is affected by something in our modern world for many women?

Anyway, just sending you my support! 

Willow

About 1997: A three weeks taking of lariam/mefloquine. Intense psychiatric side effects.

- six weeks on escitalopram stopped March 2010 - during this dosing in, 2 or 3 weeks of lorazepam. 3x0,5 mg. Stopped March 2010.- two months on mirtazapine 45mg stopped 2011 - Elontril/wellbutrin 150mg and 300mg, about a year stopped 2013 - Agomelatine, Venlafaxine short trial periods in 2010 - Passion flower 10 years, 450mg, stopped Feb 2022 reinstated october 20 2022- Beta blocker, low dose, 12 years, still current- Tianeptine, 4 months, stopped 2015- Sertraline 5 weeks, from March 15 to April 30 2022 - stopped passion flower January 2023
- since June 2022: Estradiol gel 2 pumps, progesterone orally cyclic 200mg. Moclobemide 150mg, 300 mg on August, 450 mg late August, 600 mg beginning September for a week, back to 450 mg after a week, 300mg late September, 150mg for a week in October, back to 225 currently since October 14th, 150mg since November 12th, 75 since November 20th, 0 since November 28th

Agomelatine 25mg since November 28th, trial for 7 days approximately 

No psychotrophic medication except passion flower since December 10th. And since Jan 23 only lemon balm tincture and lavendar oil capsule (and magnesium, potassium, melatonin)

• Administrator
On 12/28/2022 at 10:30 AM, s0lit4ry said:

So my brain is basically destroyed.

No, your brain is not destroyed. Yours is the common situation of someone who's been trying different psychiatric drugs in a prescription cascade.

11 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

No, your brain is not destroyed. Yours is the common situation of someone who's been trying different psychiatric drugs in a prescription cascade.

Thanks alto for keeping me out of my head!

Healing will come.

Hey, haven’t read the entire thread but just wanted to say, I have major PMDD since I quit my ssri. Never had that before. I found that quite a lot of women have pmdd after withdrawal. My pmdd is changing month to month also. I do hope my hormones go back to normal one day… sigh.

April 2020: 10mg Escitalopram 

July 2020: fast tapper tried to quit. Failed. 
september 2020: Trintellix 20mg. 
october 2021: fast taper off Trintellix (1 week). Reinstated 10mg in January 2022 for 3 weeks, failed, kindling effect so I quit rapidly, now off meds since then. 

• Administrator

It's very common that women suffering from withdrawal syndrome have worse symptoms at certain times in their menstrual cycles. See