☼ GGGG: CT 2.6 years ago, help managing symptoms

GGGG

21 minutes ago, Chompoo said:

@GGGG are you having allergic symptoms now like hives, running nose, watery eyes etc? Are you eating any of the following - strawberries, tomatoes, spinach, avocado, bannana, bacon, ham, canned tuna, canned beans, citrus fruits, chocolate etc. If your answer is yes to both questions, some of your symptoms could be due to histamine issues. In that case, you need to go on a los histamine diet.
https://www.histaminintoleranz.ch/downloads/SIGHI-Leaflet_HistamineEliminationDiet.pdf

Can I message you?

Year 2010 to 2020 remeron, Buspar, atenelol, Ativan as needed (once a week)  remeron  stopped working (pooped out)

oct 2020 started amitryptyline took it 3 months 

Dec started wellbutrin, Stopped it 3 months later 

Started Paxil again for 3 months

took vibryd for 1 month, Stopped it in 5 days 

Started sam e 100mgs 3x a day, Tyrosine 1000mgs 3 x a dayfor 6 months 

August 2020 - Off all antidepressants 

16 th of Feb, 2023  started taperingsam e  the 100mg  2 x a day of sam e. I stopped taking the  afternoon one. And started every other day then every r day.

@GGGG ok

Jan 29, 2023 - Took my one and only dose of Mirtazapine (15 mg). Developed an immediate adverse reaction with list of withdrawal-like symptoms.

• 3 months later...

I've been off of

Sam e i believe since March.  This last week has   not been good.  I was eating  eating fried food, sugary foods. Etz,. For a month .I got off my  diet and  now I'm paying the price.  I'm having lots of anxiety and depression. I tried taking a vistaril to sleep and felt the anxiety get worse. My gastritis also got worse.  

Year 2010 to 2020 remeron, Buspar, atenelol, Ativan as needed (once a week)  remeron  stopped working (pooped out)

16 th of Feb, 2023  started taperingsam e  the 100mg  2 x a day of sam e. I stopped taking the  afternoon one. And started every other day then every r day.

• 3 weeks later...

I ve been off my antidepressants 3.2 years.  I was taking liquid calphonite #2  which contained 20 mg mg of  magnesium with calcium and iron.   But I stopped taking that. I  started taking magnesium glycinate (drs best)  I ve been taking it for  2   days  200 in the morning , 100  in  the efternoon  And 200 to sleep.   I'm also dealing with stomach issues but thats been going on for 2 weeks. I'm going tomorrow to the hospital to check to see if I have an h pylori infection.   I've always needed something to relax since I left the antidepressants. I have gastritis since I left the antidepressants.  Is that amount ok to take  a day.  So far I. Tolerated it pretty good for 2 days.  I also take 2 acid rescue tablets that contain calcium but I need to take those with food.  Can I take the magnesium with that.   

• Administrator

@GGGG if you're having stomach issues, you may wish to suspend taking magnesium, as it can cause loose stools at higher dosages.

Magnesium is best taken in small doses throughout the day, with a small dose before sleep.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

How much should I take through out the day and how many mg of magnesium?  Should I start on that today? 

Could you tell me what your thoughts are about stomach problems after SSRIs. What do you think?
I took AD for half a year and stopped it, which caused insomnia and activity, but my stomach was fine. Reistalment I started taking 5-2.5 mg for 3 weeks and stopped it (I didn't know this site) and only then it caused indigestion, which I also suffer from.

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

WD can cause stomach issues but you could also have a separate stomach issue like H-Pylori

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

1 hour ago, Onmyway said:

WD can cause stomach issues but you could also have a separate stomach issue like H-Pylori

Today I went to the emergency room and blood tests are fine and they gave me protonix and zofran for nausea.  Thursday I have an appointment with the gastrointestinal Dr.  If I take protonix and zofran would that halt my healing, since there drugs?  because  i

Really need it for now. They also gave me metoclopramide  20 mg 

Look up these drugs on this website. Some of them have really set people behind here in withdrawal. 

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

2 hours ago, modelarz71 said:

Could you tell me what your thoughts are about stomach problems after SSRIs. What do you think?
I took AD for half a year and stopped it, which caused insomnia and activity, but my stomach was fine. Reistalment I started taking 5-2.5 mg for 3 weeks and stopped it (I didn't know this site) and only then it caused indigestion, which I also suffer from.

All the antidepressants after stopping them cause stomach issues.   Try to avoid caffeine, alcohol, acidic fruits and fried foods

2 hours ago, Onmyway said:

Look up these drugs on this website. Some of them have really set people behind here in withdrawal. 

I dnt know what else to take. I've tried aloe vera water, baking soda , antacids.  I've been off meds 3.2 years  but I need stomach relief

7 hours ago, GGGG said:

Wszystkie leki przeciwdepresyjne po ich odstawieniu powodują problemy żołądkowe. Staraj się unikać kofeiny, alkoholu, kwaśnych owoców i smażonych potraw

Thank you. Do you think that reintroducing psychotropic drugs will repair the damage?

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

19 hours ago, Altostrata said:

@GGGG if you're having stomach issues, you may wish to suspend taking magnesium, as it can cause loose stools at higher dosages.

Magnesium is best taken in small doses throughout the day, with a small dose before 

18 hours ago, GGGG said:

How much should I take through out the day and how many mg of magnesium?  Should I start on that today? 

19 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Magnesium is best taken in small doses throughout the day, with a small dose before sleep.

I really need something to relax during the day. I've had stomach issues ever since I left the antidepressants.  I'm going to try 25 mg 4 x a day. I've been getting up at 3 am sweating and nervous. With nausea and lots of heartburn 😫    on Thursday I have to see the gastro dr. But yesterday I went ot the e.r.  they gave me protonix (ppi)  for heartburn and another one for nausea. If I have an infection like h pylori. There going to tell me that it has to be cured in a non acidic thats why I should take protonix. I had h pylori 3 years ago.  I'm in a bind. Im afraid to take ppi even for2 or 3 weeks.  What do you think? It might halt my healing from withdrawl? 

• Administrator
On 9/9/2023 at 9:04 AM, GGGG said:

I've been off of

Sam e i believe since March.  This last week has   not been good.  I was eating  eating fried food, sugary foods. Etz,. For a month .I got off my  diet and  now I'm paying the price.  I'm having lots of anxiety and depression. I tried taking a vistaril to sleep and felt the anxiety get worse. My gastritis also got worse.  

Magnesium may not be the answer for you. You might have a medical condition affecting your gut along with a withdrawal-type upset from going off SAM-e last March.

If you've had h. pylori before, you might have it again. You might have SIBO. You might have developed food intolerances. You might have pancreatitis. You'll have to research these and discuss best treatments with your doctors.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Magnesium may not be the answer for you. You might have a medical condition affecting your gut along with a withdrawal-type upset from going off SAM-e last March.

If you've had h. pylori before, you might have it again. You might have SIBO. You might have developed food intolerances. You might have pancreatitis. You'll have to research these and discuss best treatments with your doctors.

If its withdralw from sam e. How long would that last?  I took a Zofran for nausea and it depressed me thats why I wanted to take low magnesium to counter.  Thay also gave me protonix. I'm  even very  depressed , nausea and anxiety.  I wake at 3 am nervous and sweating.  So jus stop the magnesium?

• Administrator

If magnesium isn't helping and may add to your gut distress, why keep taking it?

As for the duration of SAM-e withdrawal, we can't answer that. It seems that you might have something else going on, maybe a medical condition that cannot be treated as though it was withdrawal.

• 3 months later...

I'm almost 3.6 years off the antidepressants. I still have stomach issues . I went to the hospital 2 months ago to have endoscopy. I have gastritis and inflammation in the esophagus.  They have me reglan. I took it for 1 time only and i got very depressed.  I tried dgl  capsules (natural) for heartburn  for 3 weeks but they gave me headaches. The only thing I can tolerate is organic antacids, baking soda, and I make my own aloe vera water. I get alot of nausea and I tried taking ginger but I can't tolerate that either. I took a chamomile tea last night and I woke up with anxiety this morning. I got off track the last 2 weeks by eating fried foods and sugary foods. I'm going back on a low fod map diet. It feels like the last hurdle in my healing is the stomach issue. I still get clammy ( anxiety)during the day  anxiety) the day and depression. I wish I would be able to take a natural supplement  for anxiety but my stomach is sensitive to everything.

• 2 months later...

How is your stomach now? Have you found anything that helped you?

2008: start Lexapro 10 mg which is quickly upped to 20 mg. 2008:2013 try at least four individual times to get off Lexapro, never get lower than 5mg, settle at 15 mg. 2015: again, attempt to get off Lexapro and get to 5 mg. After 6 months, feel i'm stabilizing but go back on a higher dose because of one stressful event. 2016: go to 20 mg from 15 mg due to work stresses, hit severe tolerance for the first time and become very suicidal. 2016-2017: try viibryd and cymbata in an attempt to feel better. Also add Lamictal 150 at some point. 2017: eventually land on paxil 37.5 and Lamictal 150. January 2018: cut paxil to 25. April-July 2018: reduce Lamictal in 50 mg increments till im off August. 2018: reduce paxil to 20 mg. december 2018: dropped Paxil to 18 mg, SEVERE CRASH. March updosed to 20 mg April 11: dropped to 19.4 mg due to akathsia (still experiencing akathsia symptoms from updose) April 20: 19 mg Paxil May 4: 18.7 Paxil July 5: 18.2 July 12: 17.8 Aug 19: 17.5 Aug 26: 17.3 Oct 20: 17.1 Nov 3: 16.9, 8/17/20: 16.6 after nine month hold, 8/24/20: 16.4, 8/31/20:16.2, 9/14/2020: 16.0, 9/21/20: 15.8, 9/28/20: 15.6, 10/19/20:15.4, 10/26/20: 15.2, 11/2/20: 15.1, 11/7/20: 14.8, 3/6/2-: 14.5, 3/20/20: 14.3, 4/3/20: 13.9, 4/10/2021: 13.7. 4/21/21: 13.5, 5/5/2021: 13.1, 12.2 8/12/2021 (slowly microtapered to this number. I just can’t remember the exact dates), 11.8 9/6/2021, 11.6 9/13/21, 11.2 9/27/21, 11.1 9/30/21.....11/5/21 switched to 10 mg tablet. I am holding to stabilize for the foreseeable future. 3/25/22: 9.4, 5/6/22: 9.0, 5/30/22: 8.25, 6/7/22: 8.1, 7/722: 7.65, 8/16/22: 7.39, 9/22/22: 6.91, 10/1/22: 6.78

Medication signature.docx

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 10:21 PM, Sottana said:

How is your stomach now? Have you found anything that helped you?

I found a natural supplement for nausea but I definitely need to stay away from sugar, white flour, fried foods, etz.  

What is the supplement?? 

2008: start Lexapro 10 mg which is quickly upped to 20 mg. 2008:2013 try at least four individual times to get off Lexapro, never get lower than 5mg, settle at 15 mg. 2015: again, attempt to get off Lexapro and get to 5 mg. After 6 months, feel i'm stabilizing but go back on a higher dose because of one stressful event. 2016: go to 20 mg from 15 mg due to work stresses, hit severe tolerance for the first time and become very suicidal. 2016-2017: try viibryd and cymbata in an attempt to feel better. Also add Lamictal 150 at some point. 2017: eventually land on paxil 37.5 and Lamictal 150. January 2018: cut paxil to 25. April-July 2018: reduce Lamictal in 50 mg increments till im off August. 2018: reduce paxil to 20 mg. december 2018: dropped Paxil to 18 mg, SEVERE CRASH. March updosed to 20 mg April 11: dropped to 19.4 mg due to akathsia (still experiencing akathsia symptoms from updose) April 20: 19 mg Paxil May 4: 18.7 Paxil July 5: 18.2 July 12: 17.8 Aug 19: 17.5 Aug 26: 17.3 Oct 20: 17.1 Nov 3: 16.9, 8/17/20: 16.6 after nine month hold, 8/24/20: 16.4, 8/31/20:16.2, 9/14/2020: 16.0, 9/21/20: 15.8, 9/28/20: 15.6, 10/19/20:15.4, 10/26/20: 15.2, 11/2/20: 15.1, 11/7/20: 14.8, 3/6/2-: 14.5, 3/20/20: 14.3, 4/3/20: 13.9, 4/10/2021: 13.7. 4/21/21: 13.5, 5/5/2021: 13.1, 12.2 8/12/2021 (slowly microtapered to this number. I just can’t remember the exact dates), 11.8 9/6/2021, 11.6 9/13/21, 11.2 9/27/21, 11.1 9/30/21.....11/5/21 switched to 10 mg tablet. I am holding to stabilize for the foreseeable future. 3/25/22: 9.4, 5/6/22: 9.0, 5/30/22: 8.25, 6/7/22: 8.1, 7/722: 7.65, 8/16/22: 7.39, 9/22/22: 6.91, 10/1/22: 6.78

Medication signature.docx