SertralineIssues29: Sertraline withdrawals I think, please help

SertralineIssues29

On 5/2/2023 at 3:38 AM, Rizzy33 said:

@SertralineIssues29

Hey man I'm a Dad with two kiddos myself. 13 yo and an 8 yo. I have a lot of the same symptoms as you. There are days that I think it would be easier to leave this world but I know that's not me. That was never me until a quit this posion. The worse thing that could happen to me is to lose one of my kids or my wife because they are my world. They are why I get up every morning. I have told my 13 yo a little about what's going on with me. I told her I was sorry I'm so weak because I'm used to being the strong dad that could fix anything. She told me "Dad when you are 85(I'm 37 now) I will still think you are the strongest man I know". That made me realize that not only are they my world but I am theirs and I don't want to take that away from them. We have to keep going! Put one foot in front of the other, no matter how hard it is. You mean the world to your boys, don't take their world away. Let's get to the other side of this. 

I love this, how are you doing now? 

Citalopram 10mg sep14-nov14,

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered cit 40mg-0mg in 10 days.

mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg jan22-Mar22,

tapered in 1 week.

citalopram 20mg apr22- may22( had a reaction this time, hives everywhere),

no taper cold turkey 

sertraline 50mg then 100mg may22-nov22, tapered in 2 weeks.

5 minutes ago, Tigz91 said:

Hi @SertralineIssues29

it's good to hear your feeling a bit better and getting good windows. I'm 7 months of CT and I think I'm having a really bad wave. All of the symptoms you listed are exactly what I experience and more. The brain fog can be so debilitating as it feels like you just have a cloud in your head. I also notice this is so much worst when I eat especially if it's a bigger meal. I also struggle with health anxiety now and believe I am seriously ill and dying a lot of the time.Hope you continue to heal.

Hey tigz I love catching up cause I really think mine and your stories are very similar. 

I'm so sorry about your wave but rest assured your not alone, I'm back in a wave myself right now. Same usual symptoms, mentally feel like an anxious space cadet, physical issues have me thinking I've got a underlying health condition that no doctor has found yet and a horrible feeling this is me forever

But given my last window was about 3 weeks long after having no windows for 6months I believe we are on the mend mate, please keep checking in my friend it's really good to hear from you. 

Hopefully someday we can all chat over better circumstance! 

Trai xx

Previous to pharma I was doing a fair bit of drinking and taking party drugs, mainly from the ages of 18 and 21

2014: started 20mg citalopram

January 2015: switched to sertraline 50mg

March 2017: dropped to 25mg sertraline

Between these last 2 dates I was on and off the sert (now I know this was stupid) 

December 8th 2022: 50mg sertraline (adverse reaction: Suicidal images and homicidal images) 

December 19th 2022: ct from sertaline

Sometime here had a paradoxical reaction to lorazepam (extreme anxiety, closed eye hallucinations) this caused the dpdr to start

February 17th/19th 2023: WD from sertraline started

Also had an amoxicillin treatment in February, not sure if this did anything but I did get akathisia from then

"BUT I LOVE THE PAIN, LET IT RAIN AND WASH AWAY, LET IT CARRY YOU TO A BETTER PLACE AND FORGET MY NAME"  Ambleside - Wash away

18 minutes ago, SertralineIssues29 said:

Hey tigz I love catching up cause I really think mine and your stories are very similar. 

I'm so sorry about your wave but rest assured your not alone, I'm back in a wave myself right now. Same usual symptoms, mentally feel like an anxious space cadet, physical issues have me thinking I've got a underlying health condition that no doctor has found yet and a horrible feeling this is me forever

But given my last window was about 3 weeks long after having no windows for 6months I believe we are on the mend mate, please keep checking in my friend it's really good to hear from you. 

Hopefully someday we can all chat over better circumstance! 

Trai xx

Yes, our paths seem very similar indeed. The physical issues cause me the most concern like you, I'm always thinking I'm seriously ill. Did you watch the panorama bbc1 documentary my antidepressant story on Monday? 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

6 minutes ago, Tigz91 said:

Yes, our paths seem very similar indeed. The physical issues cause me the most concern like you, I'm always thinking I'm seriously ill. Did you watch the panorama bbc1 documentary my antidepressant story on Monday? 

No I didn't catch it, I'll have to have a look on iplayer and see if it's on there, I can imagine it was a really good watch! Did it bring to light some of the awful issues we have all faced? 

Previous to pharma I was doing a fair bit of drinking and taking party drugs, mainly from the ages of 18 and 21

Between these last 2 dates I was on and off the sert (now I know this was stupid) 

December 8th 2022: 50mg sertraline (adverse reaction: Suicidal images and homicidal images) 

Sometime here had a paradoxical reaction to lorazepam (extreme anxiety, closed eye hallucinations) this caused the dpdr to start

Also had an amoxicillin treatment in February, not sure if this did anything but I did get akathisia from then

"BUT I LOVE THE PAIN, LET IT RAIN AND WASH AWAY, LET IT CARRY YOU TO A BETTER PLACE AND FORGET MY NAME"  Ambleside - Wash away

Just now, SertralineIssues29 said:

No I didn't catch it, I'll have to have a look on iplayer and see if it's on there, I can imagine it was a really good watch! Did it bring to light some of the awful issues we have all faced? 

Yes it did. Apparently a lot of GPs phones have been going off non stop since yesterday because of it. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

13 hours ago, LostInCanada said:

@SertralineIssues29good to hear from you. Have you moved yet? Just glad you have gotten some decent windows. I wrote myself a note during a window giving myself encouragement for the next wave and here I am. Keep being kind and gentle with yourself especially during the hard times. Don't overdo it in the windows and try to find joy in every day. ❤️

Hello Lost! Yeh it was a good window, not completley symptom free by any means but it's over for now, I'm in a pretty nasty wave but I'm definitely handling them better I think. 

This last one was I'm pretty sure triggered by nothing, I was doing well and then one night I got the falling asleep jolt and wham! Straight back in a wave. But we move on

How are you holding up these days? I hope them windows are becoming bugger for you! 

Trai xx

6 minutes ago, Tigz91 said:

Yes it did. Apparently a lot of GPs phones have been going off non stop since yesterday because of it. 

Oh I absolutely love this! It was my gp that originally handed the drugs to me like it was sweeties. 

Hopefully this will start pushing our stories, I've seen little bits here and there popping up about the dangers of them but it's slow, word needs to spread so damn fast

Just now, SertralineIssues29 said:

Oh I absolutely love this! It was my gp that originally handed the drugs to me like it was sweeties. 

Hopefully this will start pushing our stories, I've seen little bits here and there popping up about the dangers of them but it's slow, word needs to spread so damn fast

Definitely agree and same with me, my GP didn't even tell me what I was taking 10 years ago. Just gave me them and said take these. I can't wait to my next appointment with my Dr and the first thing I will be mentioning is the documentary. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

10 minutes ago, Tigz91 said:

Definitely agree and same with me, my GP didn't even tell me what I was taking 10 years ago. Just gave me them and said take these. I can't wait to my next appointment with my Dr and the first thing I will be mentioning is the documentary. 

Yep exactly the same for me, didn't warn me about cycling on and off, told me they were harmless, said nothing about it messing with my brain chemicals this bad, just handed me a box of citalopram and siad "these will make you feel better" absolutely shameless 

Oh please do and then post his/her reaction here so we can all have a good laugh about it 😂

11 minutes ago, SertralineIssues29 said:

Yep exactly the same for me, didn't warn me about cycling on and off, told me they were harmless, said nothing about it messing with my brain chemicals this bad, just handed me a box of citalopram and siad "these will make you feel better" absolutely shameless 

Oh please do and then post his/her reaction here so we can all have a good laugh about it 😂

Was citalopram for me too and he said the exact same thing, these will sort you right out, before I knew it I was on 20mg then 30 then 40. I certainly will do.

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

• 2 weeks later...

@SertralineIssues29how have you been doing? Any break in the wave? Hope any waves keep lessening and the windows keep increasing. ♥️

20 yr+ Paroxetine/ Dec2018-May 2022 20 mg/ May 2022 30mg/2022.07.28-2022.08.24 30mg to 0mg/ August 24-29 2022 10mg Prozac/2022.11.28-2022.12.04- 5mg Paroxetine/Dec 5&6/22 10mg Paroxetine/ Dec 8&9/22 10mg Prozac/ 2022.12.07 to 2023.07.01 5mg Paroxetine

TAPER 23.07.02-58mgpw/4.9mgai/ 23.07.21-4.8 mg/23.07.28-4.73 mg/23.08.04-4.65 mg/21.09.23-4.58 mg/27.10.23-4.56 mg/5.12.23-4.54 mg/2.1.24-4.52 mg/9.1.24-4.51 mg/17.1.24-4.49 mg/26.1.24-4.47 mg/6.2.24-4.46 mg/19.2.24-4.44mg /4.4.24-4.43mg/28.4.24-4.4mg/5.5.24-4.39 mg

8am-probiotics/9am-paroxetine, 200mg mag bisglycinate/ 1000mg Vitamin D/noon-1000 mg algae oil (500mg DHA/10mg EPA/620mg Omega 3)/5pm-75 mg DGL/200mg calcium citrate/8pm-.25 mg melatonin

"... your strength will be in keeping calm..."-Isaiah 30:15

I am not a medical professional just your peer. The suggestions I give are based on personal experience and/or the well documented experience of others.

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2023 at 1:19 AM, LostInCanada said:

@SertralineIssues29how have you been doing? Any break in the wave? Hope any waves keep lessening and the windows keep increasing. ♥️

Heyyy! Well still up and down at the moment, had my kids come visit me and stay for a week but it shot my anxiety through the roof and all the old symptoms came flooding back but I rode the wave after they left and I think I'm just coming out of it now

Although I will say, on a regular day I have been left with a general malaise and depression I can't shift yet, like a weird wnat to give up but don't want to aswell. Still plodding along though, windows are getting less manic for sure, I actually feel normal for a few days to a week at a time which is nice! 

How have you been?! I'm sorry I haven't been on here, I love everything this website has and the people I met but it also causes me to dig on symptoms and stuff and overthink so I avoid it when in a window 😂 xx

@SertralineIssues29 great to get an update. Reading too many posts on here can get me down too. Glad you are getting a few good days a week. I have very slowly started a taper. That is the rotten part about reinstatement. This last tiny drop hasn't been great but like you I just keep plodding along. Glad you had a visit with the kids. Crazy how even good stress is so hard on our CNS. I've got years of this crazy ahead of me so I am trying not to overthink it. One day at a time. Be kind to yourself and take care. ❤️

20 yr+ Paroxetine/ Dec2018-May 2022 20 mg/ May 2022 30mg/2022.07.28-2022.08.24 30mg to 0mg/ August 24-29 2022 10mg Prozac/2022.11.28-2022.12.04- 5mg Paroxetine/Dec 5&6/22 10mg Paroxetine/ Dec 8&9/22 10mg Prozac/ 2022.12.07 to 2023.07.01 5mg Paroxetine

TAPER 23.07.02-58mgpw/4.9mgai/ 23.07.21-4.8 mg/23.07.28-4.73 mg/23.08.04-4.65 mg/21.09.23-4.58 mg/27.10.23-4.56 mg/5.12.23-4.54 mg/2.1.24-4.52 mg/9.1.24-4.51 mg/17.1.24-4.49 mg/26.1.24-4.47 mg/6.2.24-4.46 mg/19.2.24-4.44mg /4.4.24-4.43mg/28.4.24-4.4mg/5.5.24-4.39 mg

8am-probiotics/9am-paroxetine, 200mg mag bisglycinate/ 1000mg Vitamin D/noon-1000 mg algae oil (500mg DHA/10mg EPA/620mg Omega 3)/5pm-75 mg DGL/200mg calcium citrate/8pm-.25 mg melatonin

I am not a medical professional just your peer. The suggestions I give are based on personal experience and/or the well documented experience of others.

22 minutes ago, LostInCanada said:

@SertralineIssues29 great to get an update. Reading too many posts on here can get me down too. Glad you are getting a few good days a week. I have very slowly started a taper. That is the rotten part about reinstatement. This last tiny drop hasn't been great but like you I just keep plodding along. Glad you had a visit with the kids. Crazy how even good stress is so hard on our CNS. I've got years of this crazy ahead of me so I am trying not to overthink it. One day at a time. Be kind to yourself and take care. ❤️

I'm so glad you've finally started your taper, just means as much as it will be hard you'll be done with this sooner rather than later. 

Yeh the cns is still sensitive atm, certain foods and stuff can set me off but definitely not as bad as I was, the trippy feeling comes on every now and again like it used to but it's not everyday anymore, mostly just general derealisation for alot of the day

How's your family holding up? Are they understanding and stuff while your going thought it?🖤 Xx

So I have tapered from 5 to 4.6 in the last few weeks. My dizziness, heart palpitations, crying have increased but usually settle after a few days. This last cut is giving me a run for my money...lol. Hubby has been great. My girls ( both married, one lives here and one lives in Oxford UK) are coping with mom not being superwoman. They have never seen me put myself before them out of necessity so it worries them that I am worse than I let them know. But we are figuring it out for sure. It can only get better for us both. Have you moved near Brighton yet? 

• 1 month later...

Hello to everyone who still follows my post. 

First of all apologies for not being around, I've been trying to keep the WD related content to a minimum until I know I'm fully recovered and ready to write a full success story. 

Well I'm in a shocker of a wave, disturbed sleep is back, waking up multiple times in panic, or sleeping so lightly that I wake up every hour, uncontrollable thoughts are there again, jumbled static mess in the brain I guess I'll relate it too. 

Anxiety, panic, dpdr worse than ever again. Trippy feeling is back, cortisol rushes and what feel like sugar rushes are back. I know it's a wave but it still feels like a dissapointment after what felt like so much progress. 

Holding in there for now and hoping everyone else is doing the same. 

Keep safe out there people 

Love Trai xx

3 hours ago, SertralineIssues29 said:

Hello to everyone who still follows my post. 

First of all apologies for not being around, I've been trying to keep the WD related content to a minimum until I know I'm fully recovered and ready to write a full success story. 

Well I'm in a shocker of a wave, disturbed sleep is back, waking up multiple times in panic, or sleeping so lightly that I wake up every hour, uncontrollable thoughts are there again, jumbled static mess in the brain I guess I'll relate it too. 

Anxiety, panic, dpdr worse than ever again. Trippy feeling is back, cortisol rushes and what feel like sugar rushes are back. I know it's a wave but it still feels like a dissapointment after what felt like so much progress. 

Holding in there for now and hoping everyone else is doing the same. 

Keep safe out there people 

Love Trai xx

Hi, sorry to hear you're going through a bad wave. I am stuck in one too and have every single one of these "Anxiety, panic, dpdr worse than ever again. Trippy feeling is back, cortisol rushes and what feel like sugar rushes are back."

The sugar ones have been massively noticable for me and I also get massive fatigue and weakness. 

We just have to hope our next window comes along soon. 

How you wt some relief soon.

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

5 hours ago, Tigz91 said:

Hi, sorry to hear you're going through a bad wave. I am stuck in one too and have every single one of these "Anxiety, panic, dpdr worse than ever again. Trippy feeling is back, cortisol rushes and what feel like sugar rushes are back."

The sugar ones have been massively noticable for me and I also get massive fatigue and weakness. 

We just have to hope our next window comes along soon. 

How you wt some relief soon.

Hey bud, yeh we will get a break soon, I'm pretty freshly into it so probably a while yet. 

How you riding the wave? Do you know what may have caused yours? 

Hey Trai, good to hear from you. There doesn't have to be a trigger to the wave but definitely alcohol, caffeine, artificial sweeteners, too much exercise, too much stress...all the usual suspects. I figure the waves are a necessary part of healing so acceptance goes a long way but it sucks none the less. You have always had a great attitude and it's got you this far. Good on you. ❤️

3 hours ago, SertralineIssues29 said:

Hey bud, yeh we will get a break soon, I'm pretty freshly into it so probably a while yet. 

How you riding the wave? Do you know what may have caused yours? 

I think mine was caused by using a steroid nasal spray. I'm trying to keep positive and challenging my thoughts. I keep telling my symptoms to get worse and do some damage. Hopefully this challenging thinking will help with the anxiety. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

• Mentor

Hi @Tigz91 and @SertralineIssues29,   I got sent into a wave from a steroid nasal spray as well.  Thanks for saying that Tigz91, I am glad that someone else made me feel validated.

However Trai, I have to say some waves come from doing nothing at all. Sometimes it is just part of healing and there is no reason.  It can be very depressing because we think we are through the worst of it and then we have something like this happen.  Like you said, you just have to ride it out. Hopefully it will be short lived. 

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

Hey @LostInCanada it's been a while, thankyou so much for the kind words it really means alot, feel like I'm back where I started and it's so frustrating. How are you holding up? 🖤

Helllo @RachelSusan glad to hear from you, yes unfortunately I think this was just a random wave, it's doing it's damage for sure I just can't wait to get back to a new window, how are things keeping for you? 🖤

@Tigz91 I'm sorry dude, the most unsuspecting things really can throw a spanner in the works, your challenging it seems to be a good idea, I may try this, please let me know when you wave passes so we can celebrate another window together!

I had a weird turn yesterday, not sure what caused it although I ate a pretty hefty fried breakfast but around 1pm I started feeling sick as a dog, was shaking like a leaf, my head was pounding, heart rate was up and I was sweating. I didn't know whether to pass out or vomit, like I'd drunk waaay too many energy drinks or something, very weird. 

Amongst other things a change in the colour of number 2s again, back to a dark yellowish tint. I'm sure it's just stomach upset from the wave but all will pass soon enough

Everyone keep fighting, love you all! Xx

10 hours ago, RachelSusan said:

Hi @Tigz91 and @SertralineIssues29,   I got sent into a wave from a steroid nasal spray as well.  Thanks for saying that Tigz91, I am glad that someone else made me feel validated.

However Trai, I have to say some waves come from doing nothing at all. Sometimes it is just part of healing and there is no reason.  It can be very depressing because we think we are through the worst of it and then we have something like this happen.  Like you said, you just have to ride it out. Hopefully it will be short lived. 

Yes most of my waves I think just happen without a reason and I believe that is part of the healing process, unfortunately this wave I know for sure it was the nasal spray. Sorry to hear you had this too. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

• Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, SertralineIssues29 said:

I had a weird turn yesterday, not sure what caused it although I ate a pretty hefty fried breakfast but around 1pm I started feeling sick as a dog, was shaking like a leaf, my head was pounding, heart rate was up and I was sweating. I didn't know whether to pass out or vomit, like I'd drunk waaay too many energy drinks or something, very weird. 

Do you know if there was MSG in the fried food?  I've read a number of accounts of others having the same issue with MSG while going through withdrawal and getting those same type of symptoms. Hopefully this will clear up soon. 

• Mentor

@SertralineIssues29 Hi. At the moment I am alright.  Thanks for asking.

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

@SertralineIssues29 I feel like things are the same because change is so slow and gradual but definitely it is better. Micro Tapered a few times and got hit with intensified WD. But one day at a time, one foot forward. I told you at the start one day we will write our success stories, and we will. Just might take a bit longer but hey concentrating on the blessings. 👍 love and hugs

13 hours ago, SertralineIssues29 said:

hefty fried breakfast but around 1pm I started feeling sick as a dog, was shaking like a leaf, my head was pounding, heart rate was up and I was sweating. I didn't know whether to pass out or vomit, like I'd drunk waaay too many energy drinks or something, very weird. 

Might be a gallbladder attack...had this happen pre ADs. Take it easy on fried foods and see if that helps?

22 hours ago, Shep said:

Do you know if there was MSG in the fried food?  I've read a number of accounts of others having the same issue with MSG while going through withdrawal and getting those same type of symptoms. Hopefully this will clear up soon. 

Hey shep, thankyou for your words. To be honest I'm not sure, it was some good quality sausage, bacon, scrambled egg, beans and cheese in a wrap. The sausages may have had msg as they was supposed to be flavourful, rich or however they described them so a dash of msg would make sense. 

As for the symptoms after the food, they've cleared, I'm back to just awful wave anxiety, head fizzy and pulsating, tremors, Lsd brain, bad vision, harm ocd, etc etc, you know the works by now. 

Just day by daying it for now.

How's life treating you? Xx

17 hours ago, LostInCanada said:

Might be a gallbladder attack...had this happen pre ADs. Take it easy on fried foods and see if that helps?

This could be something, I've had very small reactions like this pre ad and during ad, this one just lasted a whole lot longer so I think whatever it is, withdrawal made it worse for sure xx

17 hours ago, LostInCanada said:

@SertralineIssues29 I feel like things are the same because change is so slow and gradual but definitely it is better. Micro Tapered a few times and got hit with intensified WD. But one day at a time, one foot forward. I told you at the start one day we will write our success stories, and we will. Just might take a bit longer but hey concentrating on the blessings. 👍 love and hugs

Honestly my friend, the day we both say we beat this we are getting a virtual coffee (decaff of course as to not upset the cns 😂

You've been a beacon honestly

Love right back xx

• 3 weeks later...

Hey people, just wanted to gather some info if possible @Altostrata I’m currently in a wave a riding it as we do but I have a new symptom and was struggling to find info about it

basically for the last 5 days my shoulder blade, my arm and especially my elbow on my right side are in agony, no injuries, just woke up like it

its like that intense cramp pain but it doesn’t go, sometimes it contracts so hard my muscles will spasm and I have to move to get it to stop 

any light on this would be lovely, thank you and sorry to tag for something minor

• 4 weeks later...

Just coming in to moan and whine a bit I guess

this wave is turmoil. Pretty sure I can go ahead and call this the worst I’ve felt since stopping meds, my brain won’t work at all, everything feels so damn off and trippy

on top of that I’m now getting kaleidoscope vision episodes which are weird to say the least (not sure if that’s been recorded in withdrawals before) but I know headaches are common so I’m guessing migraine visual auras are too

its getting me bad, the memories I had gained back got deleted again, my emotions have been drained to nothing but sadness and anxiety and if I do get to feel happiness it’s like a weird fake almost drugged and hyper feeling where my heart beats too fast and I become a bit manic

i feel all over the place too mentally, like someone is flicking through the channels alot my brain at 80mph or like radio static I can’t actually make sense of? Everything going on up there but at the same stone absolutely nothing autopilot mode

brains popping and throbbing and pulsating to the point I can see the pulsing in my vision plus my vision itself is completely off, blurry, sensitive, tunnelled and just fake looking

And With all that happening and feeling like I’m close to psychosis the thoughts come back about “leaving”

im sorry if this feels like whining but I guess it is, this curse is back to full throttle and I’m currently holding on with the one finger I have left on the accelerator

take very good care people and I will check in again soon

love you all, Trai xxx

Good to hear from you. Wish you weren't surfing this wave. Great news is you have been here before and this too will pass. I struggle with vision stuff too... mostly after images when I look at a screen. It's hard to imagine this will end at times. Try to seize any little moment. ♥️

4 hours ago, LostInCanada said:

Good to hear from you. Wish you weren't surfing this wave. Great news is you have been here before and this too will pass. I struggle with vision stuff too... mostly after images when I look at a screen. It's hard to imagine this will end at times. Try to seize any little moment. ♥️

Hey again friend! Hope your holding in there strong as ever

ive definitely been here before but jeez this one is blowing my last wave out the water, it’s like WD said “hey you managed to scrape by the last wave, let’s stretch that a little and see if you can still manage” lol

the vision stuff is mad isn’t it, i was just laying it bed last night watching reply when bam! Fractal patterns and colours all over my left eye, weird stuff for sure 😂

how’s the family keeping these days anyways? Hope everyone is good? Did your daughter receive her medical care? X

Thanks for asking. My daughter has surgery this Wednesday in Oxford. She is a fighter so we are hoping for a great outcome. 4-6 week recovery. 

The stress has amplified the WD and my body wants a break. I feel like I will breathe again once this is behind us. 

How are the kids? Hopefully this wave will pass quickly. 👍💯

10 hours ago, LostInCanada said:

Thanks for asking. My daughter has surgery this Wednesday in Oxford. She is a fighter so we are hoping for a great outcome. 4-6 week recovery. 

The stress has amplified the WD and my body wants a break. I feel like I will breathe again once this is behind us. 

How are the kids? Hopefully this wave will pass quickly. 👍💯

Oh I’m glad she got the help! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the recovery stage for her 🖤

I understand that completely, the father in laws funeral was the other day and I had to go there spaced out, wobbly and whatnot, came back home and collapsed, stress deffo plays a part in the severity of things

we are definitely the strongest of people for going through this LOC, keep that head up and keep fighting the good fight! 
Xx