Comecloser80: CT Mirtazapine 15mg and Amitriptyline 20mg

Comecloser80

yes, in my good windows I feel completely normal again, almost better then i have ever have (or maybe that is an illusion)

The next wave is always around the corner though.

I took hydrocodone for 3 days after my surgery and it was ok. they gave me antibiotics through an IV during my surgery but nothing after.

take care, i hope you will feels a lot better very soon! 

September  2020 till December 2020

Wellbutrin and Ativan at the start

Fast taper.  

No drugs for 2 years.

December 2022- 3 days celexa 3 days prozac. Severe adverse reaction and withdrawal for 2 weeks. 

February 2023 till March 2023 zoloft. A total of 5 weeks. 12.5 mg and 25 mg

Had severe adverse reactions while taking Zoloft but wanted to push through with Klonopin.

When I developed severe SI I stopped and had intense withdrawal symptoms.

Drug free since March 15th

Supplements: B12, fish oil, magnesium citrate.

• 1 month later...

Last post before 2024.

Sleep is still a big issue, early morning awakening is pretty much constant, broken sleep, lots of dreams. Sometimes hypnic jerks. 

Anxiety upon awakening is still there but I would say it is less intense.

Recently, I am experiencing pins and needles all over my body , feels like ant or bedbug bites.

My hands and feet are so tired with burning feet, left thigh muscle hurts like as if there is a muscle tear. Lot of spams on thigh and calf.

Right part of head burns, blocked ears , feels like there is fluid inside right ear.

I am hoping and praying for everyone that 2024 will be a good year.

Clonazepam 0.5 mg (30 tablets, maximum twice a week)

Temazepam 10mg ( 40 to 45 tablets , upto 30 mg at once , sometimes together with Mirtazapine) 
2022 Mirtazapine 15mg for 2 weeks and stopped CT

Started Amitriptyline 20mg for 3 weeks and stopped CT

Again,Mirtazapine again 7.5mg for 3 weeks and stopped again CT.

7th Jan 2023 - last dose of 7.5mg Mirtazapine.

Currently on supplements:

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

27 minutes ago, Purae said:

Last post before 2024.

Sleep is still a big issue, early morning awakening is pretty much constant, broken sleep, lots of dreams. Sometimes hypnic jerks. 

Anxiety upon awakening is still there but I would say it is less intense.

Recently, I am experiencing pins and needles all over my body , feels like ant or bedbug bites.

My hands and feet are so tired with burning feet, left thigh muscle hurts like as if there is a muscle tear. Lot of spams on thigh and calf.

Right part of head burns, blocked ears , feels like there is fluid inside right ear.

I am hoping and praying for everyone that 2024 will be a good year.

Hello.
Sleep is also a problem with me and we were taking other medications.
What time do you go to bed?
I at midnight and it takes about 1,5  hour to fall asleep.
Then nightmares and sudden awakening and high heart rate
Then I sleep for about 5 hours.
Is it common during the week that you can't fall asleep after waking up in the morning at 4 o'clock, for example?
How is your stomach?

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

2 minutes ago, modelarz71 said:

Hello.
Sleep is also a problem with me and we were taking other medications.
What time do you go to bed?
I at midnight and it takes about 1,5  hour to fall asleep.
Then nightmares and sudden awakening and high heart rate
Then I sleep for about 5 hours.
Is it common during the week that you can't fall asleep after waking up in the morning at 4 o'clock, for example?
How is your stomach?

I don’t have much problem with stomach and I seem to tolerate all kind of foods. I do get tingling sensation while laying down , lot of gas , once in a while I feel stabbing pain. Tingling sensation has gone down a lot since I introduced turmeric supplements, I don’t know if it’s time or supplement that helped.

I have heard neem is good for stomach problems , you take turmeric and neem as soon as wake up and do not eat anything for atleast half an hr. 

I had constipation and diarrhoea during early months but not for very long.

I have all sort of sleep issues , onset , broken, early wakening, nightmares. I know I will be much better only if I can sleep well but who knows when will it happen?

I thought I would recover by 6 months but here I am at almost 1 yr. I hope , I won’t have to live this way till I die. 

I wish you speedy recovery and a HNY.

Temazepam 10mg ( 40 to 45 tablets , upto 30 mg at once , sometimes together with Mirtazapine) 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

• 2 weeks later...

@Purae

Hi 🙂

How has your progress been? Did you advance a little in healing?

I hope you Christmas and New Year where manageable.

Fast taper.  

No drugs for 2 years.

December 2022- 3 days celexa 3 days prozac. Severe adverse reaction and withdrawal for 2 weeks. 

Had severe adverse reactions while taking Zoloft but wanted to push through with Klonopin.

Hi @Dutchsarah,

Yesterday was my 1 yr mark and I feel very sad to say that things are still bad enough to keep me disabled.
I still have quite a few symptoms but the most disturbing and disabling one is sleep. 

I am definitely progressing compare to earlier months but the process has been frustratingly slow that I can hardly notice it.

I wonder if it’s all related to WD or something else going on ? 

How have you been ? Hope your shoulder recovery is going well.

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

@Purae

Yes I understand hitting the one year mark is discouraging.

Besides the sleep problems do you have any other mental symptoms like anxiety?

My shoulder is not doing well, I developed frozen shoulder and I'm really struggling with that. 

Fast taper.  

No drugs for 2 years.

21 hours ago, Purae said:

Hi @Dutchsarah,

Yesterday was my 1 yr mark and I feel very sad to say that things are still bad enough to keep me disabled.
I still have quite a few symptoms but the most disturbing and disabling one is sleep. 

I am definitely progressing compare to earlier months but the process has been frustratingly slow that I can hardly notice it.

I wonder if it’s all related to WD or something else going on ? 

How have you been ? Hope your shoulder recovery is going well.

Hi! I just ran across this thread.  I am 7 months off Mirtazepine and my sleep has been HORRENDOUS!  I do not sleep many nights and if I do sleep it is broken and I never sleep past 3:30/4.

One small thing that I have found helps is Tylenol or acetaminophen.  I don’t know why but when I take it I sleep better.  Of course I’m trying to use it once or twice a week because it’s not good for the liver, etc…but I feel it’s better than any alternatives like a benzo 

I am currently on my couch as I’ve been up since 2 a.m.  and glad I logged in and saw your posts.

how are you now?

- Prescribed Xanax for 2 weeks after knee surgery in 2016 (reaction to anesthesia)

- cold turkeyed Xanax and was in hospital then bedridden

-  Found Ashton Manuel and crossed over to 15 mg’s Valium

- Tapering off Valium with pills and compound 2016-2018

-  Prescribed Remeron nightly in July 2017 for nausea, loss of appetite, weight loss and mood (1.875 mg’s)

-  Finished Valium taper July 2018

- on mirt from 2017-2021 slowly tapering

- got down to .25 and got very ill, updosed to .50 mgs

-slowly tapered and finished July 2023

-As of January 2024 in acute withdrawals and sleep is the worst!

Hi me again, could you describe what happens (or did happen) when you try to sleep?  I have these rushes or jolts that happen over and over whenever my body is trying to fall into that deep sleep.  This happens all night continuously.

- Prescribed Xanax for 2 weeks after knee surgery in 2016 (reaction to anesthesia)

-  Prescribed Remeron nightly in July 2017 for nausea, loss of appetite, weight loss and mood (1.875 mg’s)

5 hours ago, Dutchsarah said:

@Purae

Yes I understand hitting the one year mark is discouraging.

Besides the sleep problems do you have any other mental symptoms like anxiety?

My shoulder is not doing well, I developed frozen shoulder and I'm really struggling with that. 

@Dutchsarah my symptoms are pretty much all physical but I still do anxious upon waking. 

my current symptoms are:

Burning head( mostly right part of the head) , Blocked ear, noise sensitivity, sore legs and arms including muscle spasm, pins and needles feels like ant bite, internal vibration but less intense, all sort of sleep issue including not being able to sleep past 4am that has been non stop since.

I am sorry to hear about your shoulder. I hope it will get better as you heal. 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

3 hours ago, Rhernan said:

if I do sleep it is broken and I never sleep past 3:30/4.

@Rhernan

I have all sort of sleep issues, sometimes I just can’t fall into sleep and it’s like I am going straight to dreaming when I am falling onto sleep that wakes me straight up, broken sleep. 
Like you, I have not slept past 4/4:30 am regardless of time I fell asleep. I think my REM/light sleep has been messed up real bad. 

3 hours ago, Rhernan said:

One small thing that I have found helps is Tylenol or acetaminophen.

I have read that it will affect the same receptor as Mirtazapine does and can cause delay in healing so I haven’t had courage trying them. 
I do use little cannabis to help me fall asleep even then I wake up around 3/4am without a miss and has been non-stop.
I lost napping ability too. 

Do you have any other symptoms? 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

What?  I didn’t know that about Tylenol.  Where did you read about it, I’d like to look it up.  😩

As far as symptoms go I have so many but sleep is by far the worst!  I have headaches/migraines, nausea, light and sound sensitivity, weakness, aches, dizziness, rushes at night, cortisol issues, hormone issues, vibrating or electrical feeling in my body, anxiety, panic, etc…

but this sleep thing is killing me.  I don’t sleep at all some nights in a row and then other nights is broken sleep all night until 3/3:30z

2 minutes ago, Rhernan said:

What?  I didn’t know that about Tylenol.  Where did you read about it, I’d like to look it up.  😩

I read it on FB Mirtazapine WD group.

5 minutes ago, Rhernan said:

this sleep thing is killing me.

I couldn't agree much. I hope it’s not permanent for us. 

I wish you speedy recovery and peaceful sleep soon.

keep posted.

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

9 hours ago, Rhernan said:

One small thing that I have found helps is Tylenol or acetaminophen.

I miss understood it as an OTC antihistamine as I wasn’t familiar with word Tylenol or acetaminophen. We call it Panadol ,Paracetamol or simply pain killer. I do use it myself sometimes , even ibuprofen.

My apologies. 🙏

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

• 2 weeks later...

1 yr 2 weeks 

I am going through massive wave. My sleep is deteriorating, sleeping 2-4 hrs , sometimes zero. 
I start dreaming as soon as I fall onto sleep which wakes me up straight away then afterwards I can’t fall asleep for many hours, even if I do fall asleep I wake up between 4am to 5am . I am symptomatic through out the night , inner vibration, burning head , sore arms and legs, burning feet , non-stop urination( may not related to WD), left ear makes humming noise when my heads hits pillow.

I feel exhausted/tired all day long.

I am even considering re-instating if it helps to minimise my symptoms and makes me partially functional (work wise). I am jobless since this beginning of CT, I can’t imagine looking for job being at this condition . 

I welcome any suggestions/reccomendations about re-instating this far out . I am worried whether it will make my condition much worst. I do not want inner akathesia (extreme restlessness)i had during earlier month of WD.

It is just so hard to believe that everyone heals.

🙏

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

Hi @Purae I came across your thread after searching about general anaesthesia. I wonder if you think having surgery and then opiates and antibiotics had much effect ? 

Right now I can’t see much effect, I always become very chatty after surgery, not sure if it’s the GA or the fentanyl. 

im tapering and on a very low dose of my AD and I was wondering if the brain “forgets” the AD after surgery as the brain is trying to get back together after being “off” for so long. 

Please do share your experience whether you found it made much difference.

Click for My Journey :)

2015-2020 - on and off sertraline 100mg and fluoxetine 40mg. Tapered/restarted many times too fast/cold turkey.

July21 - Stopped 40mg fluoxetine cold turkey > Aug21 - reinstated 20mg fluoxetine > Dec21 - 20mg tablet every other day (didn’t know skipping days was bad news)

07/2/22 - 8.4mg liquid fluoxetine >

07/3/22 - 8mg > 01/06/22 - 7.6mg > 21/9/22 - 7.2mg > 20/10/22 - 6.8mg > 05/01/23 - 6.4mg > 02/02/23 - 6mg > 25/03/23 - 5.6mg > 03/06/23 - 5.2mg > 01/07/23 - 4.8mg > 11/07/23 - 4.0mg > 12/09/23 - 3.6mg > 02/10/23 - 3.2mg > 31/10/23 - 2.8mg > 14/11/23 - 2.4mg > 27/11/23 - 2mg > 15/12/23 - 1.6mg > 30/12/23 - 1.2mg > 19/01/24 - 1mg 12/03/24 - 0.7mg >

29/03/24 - 0.6 *current dose*

Hi @Patient2022 I am sorry as I do not have any specific answer to your question. 

My symptoms intensified after having surgery but I am not sure if it’s due to stopping CT or surgery or both.

I experienced brain zaps and electrical sensations through out the body second time I went through anaesthesia without Benzo.

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

23 hours ago, Purae said:

Hi @Patient2022 I am sorry as I do not have any specific answer to your question. 

My symptoms intensified after having surgery but I am not sure if it’s due to stopping CT or surgery or both.

I experienced brain zaps and electrical sensations through out the body second time I went through anaesthesia without Benzo.

Thanks for sharing, I’m just anticipating what to expect. Thanks for sharing :) and all the best with your journey 

Click for My Journey :)

2015-2020 - on and off sertraline 100mg and fluoxetine 40mg. Tapered/restarted many times too fast/cold turkey.

July21 - Stopped 40mg fluoxetine cold turkey > Aug21 - reinstated 20mg fluoxetine > Dec21 - 20mg tablet every other day (didn’t know skipping days was bad news)

07/2/22 - 8.4mg liquid fluoxetine >

07/3/22 - 8mg > 01/06/22 - 7.6mg > 21/9/22 - 7.2mg > 20/10/22 - 6.8mg > 05/01/23 - 6.4mg > 02/02/23 - 6mg > 25/03/23 - 5.6mg > 03/06/23 - 5.2mg > 01/07/23 - 4.8mg > 11/07/23 - 4.0mg > 12/09/23 - 3.6mg > 02/10/23 - 3.2mg > 31/10/23 - 2.8mg > 14/11/23 - 2.4mg > 27/11/23 - 2mg > 15/12/23 - 1.6mg > 30/12/23 - 1.2mg > 19/01/24 - 1mg 12/03/24 - 0.7mg >

29/03/24 - 0.6 *current dose*

• 4 weeks later...

Still no progress @Purae ?

Are you progressively getting worse? Like me?

Lexapro 10-20mg 2016-2018 2 full years cold turkey no withdrawals, Lexapro 10-20mg 01/2021-08/2022 cold turkey missed doses, alternated between high and low doses, no withdrawals

1/7-1/14/2023 Ciprofloxacin for 1 week 500mgx2 in January 2023, resulted in headaches that went away in 2 months

3/21-3/35/2023 Oxybutinin for 4 days 

3/21-3/30/2023 Ofloxacin 400*9 days in March, gave me insomnia

3/23-3/25/2023 Passiflora+Valerian Capsule for 2 nights, doesn't work.

3/26-3/29/2023 Unisom (Doxylamine) for three nights, it would work on the second night but would not do anything on the 3rd.
03/29-05/10/2023 Mirtazapine 7.5mg/15mgs depending on the night this also would work for 3 nights, I would switch to Unisom every 4th night. Took for a total of 15-20 times in 42 nights.

5/11/2023 Atarax(hydroxine) only once but spiked my tinnitus and gives me DP/DR in the morning, after this I could fall a sleep on my own with no meds. Later on Unisom also spikes my tinnitus. 

06/01/2023 Brain Zaps start, I get back to alternating mirtazapine,passiflora, melatonin,  for 40+ more days. Symptoms got worse.

06/15/2023 Trazodone 50MGs once. Did nothing.

3/2023 - 9/2023 NAC, Alpha lipoic Acid, Magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Calcium. Once or twice I took 5HTP and L-theanine. Took Fish Oil Omega-3 for 1-2 months.

11/8/2023 250mgs of Keppra ONCE.

@ShadowDancer Thank you for stopping by.I haven’t slept sober in recent months. All my other symptoms are getting milder but SLEEP. I have not slept past 4:00am or 5:00am since 7th Jan 2023. I sleep 5-6 hrs using cannabis (interrupted), lucky if I get few hrs if I don’t. 

How are you doing? Any improvements ? 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

@PuraeI have been losing sleep more and more and don't feel tired at all.

The dreams are turning into nightmares.

I don't know if there is a way to survive this TBH.

The rest of the symptoms are the same. No changes.

headaches, ear pains, TTTS, and tinnitus / hyperacusis are my worst symptoms. 

I hope what they say here is true, that everyone heals..

Lexapro 10-20mg 2016-2018 2 full years cold turkey no withdrawals, Lexapro 10-20mg 01/2021-08/2022 cold turkey missed doses, alternated between high and low doses, no withdrawals

1/7-1/14/2023 Ciprofloxacin for 1 week 500mgx2 in January 2023, resulted in headaches that went away in 2 months

3/21-3/35/2023 Oxybutinin for 4 days 

3/21-3/30/2023 Ofloxacin 400*9 days in March, gave me insomnia

3/23-3/25/2023 Passiflora+Valerian Capsule for 2 nights, doesn't work.

3/26-3/29/2023 Unisom (Doxylamine) for three nights, it would work on the second night but would not do anything on the 3rd.
03/29-05/10/2023 Mirtazapine 7.5mg/15mgs depending on the night this also would work for 3 nights, I would switch to Unisom every 4th night. Took for a total of 15-20 times in 42 nights.

5/11/2023 Atarax(hydroxine) only once but spiked my tinnitus and gives me DP/DR in the morning, after this I could fall a sleep on my own with no meds. Later on Unisom also spikes my tinnitus. 

06/01/2023 Brain Zaps start, I get back to alternating mirtazapine,passiflora, melatonin,  for 40+ more days. Symptoms got worse.

06/15/2023 Trazodone 50MGs once. Did nothing.

3/2023 - 9/2023 NAC, Alpha lipoic Acid, Magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Calcium. Once or twice I took 5HTP and L-theanine. Took Fish Oil Omega-3 for 1-2 months.

11/8/2023 250mgs of Keppra ONCE.

27 minutes ago, ShadowDancer said:

I hope what they say here is true, that everyone heals..

@ShadowDancer  I hope that to be true as well. 
I wish you speedy recovery.

🙏

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

Hi, with me the sleep structure is constantly changing, for example there are still sleep nightmares but there is no muscle shaking after the first awakening, so I believe that something there is going better in less important things but I doubt anymore that my "gastroparesis" will go away although the pain complaints are less.  But it's poor functioning that offended my brain and my body, many people restore and stop and don't have gastroparesis. Why do I need such a body I don't like it anymore - I know it sounds childish...I think you will improve because the pills did not cause you mania thus less damage.

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

• KenA changed the title to Comecloser80: CT Mirtazapine 15mg and Amitriptyline 20mg

Been almost 14 months, complete exhaustion, still cannot sleep, If I sleep I wake up with surges , don’t know what is it, adrenaline? Cortisol? I tend to sleep little better than this during my acute. Muscle spasm all over body, thighs, calves, arms, abdomen. Burning and tingling feet, right ear makes noise as air is coming out of it(fuss…fuss noise like I  hear while pumping tyres). Blocked ears. I tend to pass lot of gas , it’s loud.Pain in left elbow, toes, fingers, thighs , sore back.

This is pure torture. I don’t think there are any other drugs in the world which can damage human more than this.

I do not know what else to get checked. I am doing bloods every few months, my liver enzymes and blood sugars are bit high, doctors don’t seem to be much concerned about it though. 

No supplements seems to help. Quality of life is very very poor. 
I am being sentenced for the crime I never did.

I am in Hell while I am alive. 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D