Comecloser80: CT Mirtazapine 15mg and Amitriptyline 20mg

Comecloser80

Hi, 

I took Mirtazapine 15mg for 2 weeks and stopped due to severe side effects.

I tried Amitriptyline 20mg, i took it for about 3 weeks but it started making me very dizzy so i stopped. 

Started Mirtazapine 7.5mg again as it was helping me initially for sleep, but it did not help as before so i stopped it again after 2 weeks.

After all this, i came to know that these medications should be wean off or taper gradually. None of the Dr's i saw educate me about it. 

now i am 3 months off these medications, i get anxiety, restlessness in waves, my sleep is very broken but since last 2 weeks i feel very tired and fatigue even without doing anything. will this pass? is it the part of recovery process? Is there anything i can do about it?

Any reccomendations?

Edited by manymoretodays
name to title

Clonazepam 0.5 mg (30 tablets, maximum twice a week)

Temazepam 10mg ( 40 to 45 tablets , upto 30 mg at once , sometimes together with Mirtazapine) 
2022 Mirtazapine 15mg for 2 weeks and stopped CT

Started Amitriptyline 20mg for 3 weeks and stopped CT

Again,Mirtazapine again 7.5mg for 3 weeks and stopped again CT.

7th Jan 2023 - last dose of 7.5mg Mirtazapine.

Currently on supplements:

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

Hi, 

I took Mirtazapine 15mg for 2 weeks and stopped due to severe side effects.

I tried Amitriptyline 20mg, i took it for about 3 weeks but it started making me very dizzy so i stopped. 

Started Mirtazapine 7.5mg again as it was helping me initially for sleep, but it did not help as before so i stopped it again after 2 weeks.

After all this, i came to know that these medications should be wean off or taper gradually. None of the Dr's i saw educate me about it. 

now i am 3 months off these medications, i get anxiety, restlessness in waves, my sleep is very broken but since last 2 weeks i feel very tired and fatigue even without doing anything. will this pass? is it the part of recovery process? Is there anything i can do about it?

Any recommendations?

Temazepam 10mg ( 40 to 45 tablets , upto 30 mg at once , sometimes together with Mirtazapine) 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

I stopped Mirtazapine at 7.5mg 3 months ago after taking it only for 4 weeks and took amitriptyline 20mg for 3 weeks . After 3 months of brutal withdrawal symptoms, lot of them has subsided but fatigue and tiredness started about 2 weeks back. I feel constant fatigue and tired throughout the day. Am I in protracted withdrawal? 
Any suggestions to combat with this fatigue and tiredness?

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

• manymoretodays changed the title to Purae: CT Mirtazapine 15mg and Amitriptyline 20mg
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Purae,

That's really good that your drug trials were short and sweet.

All your usages are just on the borderline of causing the physiological dependencies that then require tapering.

You surely could try some non-drug coping, and someone can link you to ideas around that.

I think you have excellent chances of full recovery.......it just may take some more time.  I think your symptoms will pass.  Often short term usage of these drugs does not need a long taper.

By the way I have had to approve and then get rid of several posts done, all over the site now.  They all were really similar posts.

Sorry you have had to wait to get started, but now I am starting you off.

We would really appreciate your doing a signature just around your medications used, and if you had used similar medications prior at all.
Please see:  How to Summarize Your Drug History in Your Signature

(and this differs from what you filled in at registration, easiest to do from a PC, but can be done from another device)

Do post right here for right now, with anything more you wish to add to your narratives here.  Thank you.  And thanks for your patience.  Feel free to tell us anything else right here in a reply as well.  And welcome.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend you try any more medications.  And I think your prognosis is good, as far as healing goes.  So sorry I don't have any more time to link you up to some good non-drug coping......meaning coping with anxiety and sleep and dizziness without using any more medications.  Some of your recent symptoms could surely be related from your most recent drug trials.......but again I wouldn't worry that you have severe withdrawal at this time.  I think you'll improve.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays(mmt)

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, Purae said:

I stopped Mirtazapine at 7.5mg 3 months ago after taking it only for 4 weeks and took amitriptyline 20mg for 3 weeks . After 3 months of brutal withdrawal symptoms, lot of them has subsided but fatigue and tiredness started about 2 weeks back. I feel constant fatigue and tired throughout the day. Am I in protracted withdrawal? 
Any suggestions to combat with this fatigue and tiredness?

Hey this one reads a bit different.  Work on your signature please.

Is fatigue and tiredness better than brutal withdrawal symptoms?  I am hoping so.

And so sorry I can't offer more today as I am still finding posts of yours all over the site to try and rein in.

Okay.....so it's worse than I thought, and longer time frames than what your other posts showed,  but you are possibly showing improvement now.  That sounds great!

Just post here please!  Thank you.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Ooops.  I found one more........and the answer to that post of your on where do you post your queries? is.....

Right here.  For now that will work best.  Thanks.

22 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Ooops.  I found one more........and the answer to that post of your on where do you post your queries? is.....

Right here.  For now that will work best.  Thanks.

Sorry as I am new to this site. Didn’t know how to post. Thank you for responding and reassuring.

I think I played a lot and kindled myself with those drugs in short period of time and hoping these withdrawal to pass. 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

• Moderator Emeritus

@Purae

Welcome from me too.  Here's a link on how some members have dealt with withdrawal fatigue.

Fatigue - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving …

11 hours ago, Purae said:

After 3 months of brutal withdrawal symptoms, lot of them has subsided

That's a very good sign.  The fatigue too will pass.

Here's some information on withdrawal, why it happens, and the healing process that underway in your system right now.  

What is withdrawal syndrome.

Brain Remodelling 

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

Daily Checklist of Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF) 

Here are some other techniques for dealing with withdrawal.

Non-drug techniques to cope

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium (glycinate is a good form) and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your introduction topic -- the place for you to ask questions, record symptoms, share your progress, and connect with other members of the SA community.  I hope you’ll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation.  I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but I am glad that you found us.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

9 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Hey this one reads a bit different.  Work on your signature please.

Is fatigue and tiredness better than brutal withdrawal symptoms?  I am hoping so.

And so sorry I can't offer more today as I am still finding posts of yours all over the site to try and rein in.

Okay.....so it's worse than I thought, and longer time frames than what your other posts showed,  but you are possibly showing improvement now.  That sounds great!

Just post here please!  Thank you.

Would you recommend to reinstate at smaller dose? Or do I just ride it out? It’s been 3 months since I stopped but was on antibiotics for a week about 6 weeks ago . 
can antibiotics cause prolonged withdrawal? 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, Purae said:

Would you recommend to reinstate at smaller dose? Or do I just ride it out? It’s been 3 months since I stopped but was on antibiotics for a week about 6 weeks ago . 
can antibiotics cause prolonged withdrawal? 

Antibiotics don't cause withdrawal but they can make withdrawal symptoms worse for a time.  An illness can also make withdrawal worse.  In other words, antibiotics and illness can cause a setback--a setback from which you will recover. 

Regarding reinstatement vs. riding it out: that is always the question.  Factors to weigh include:

--Reinstatement can make things better, but it can also not work and there is the possibility will make matters worse. The purpose of reinstatement isn't to eliminate withdrawal symptoms but rather to make them tolerable.

--There is no way to predict how long symptoms will last if you ride out, but the fact that many of your symptoms have resolved is encouraging.  Though there isn't always a direct correlation between length of time on the drugs and length of withdrawal, it is a factor.

--It will be a matter of guesswork at to which drug to reinstate. Because it is essential that you make only one change at a time (otherwise, if there are problems you won't know what's causing what) you will only be able to reinstate one drug.  You had dizziness side effects from the Amitriptyline.  However, side effects are generally dose dependent and the amount you would reinstate would be very small. Because your main symptom is fatigue, and because Mirtazapine is sedating, reinstating it might not be a good idea.

Please read:  

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms. -- at least the first page of the topic

If you decide to reinstate, we can suggest a dose.  It will be tiny.  Do not reinstate without letting suggest a dose and a drug.  Reinstating too much can cause long-lasting destabilization.

Based on a balancing of the above factors, if it were me, I'd ride it out.  However, it is totally your decision.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

@Gridley Thank you for replying. I have thought of riding out this storm and hoping to see some light at the end of tunnel. 

My fatigue seems to be fading and I am feeling really good today. Is it a good sign towards recovery? 

Do I ever go back to normal once withdrawal is over? Like normal myself before I even took this drug? 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

@Gridley I did use cannabis continuously after I CT’ed all medications. Could that have cause in set back? I stopped using cannabis a week ago. Now I take only supplements, magnesium glycinate, fish oil, ashwagandha, Vit D. 
Regular medication: Omersartan 20mg (Hypertension) 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

• Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, Purae said:

My fatigue seems to be fading and I am feeling really good today. Is it a good sign towards recovery? 

Yes, it is an excellent sign of recovery.

7 hours ago, Purae said:

Do I ever go back to normal once withdrawal is over? Like normal myself before I even took this drug? 

Yes.  

1 hour ago, Purae said:

I did use cannabis continuously after I CT’ed all medications. Could that have cause in set back?

Yes, it can cause a setback.  But you will recover.  Don't use it any more.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

@Gridley Thank you for reassurance 🙏

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

Dr. didn’t seem to agree with my symptoms as withdrawal and advice me to start another AD.

I am off for 3 months now and seems like my symptoms are fading slowly but I am not sure if I need to go back on AD at this time.

My current symptoms:

-Head pressure.

-fatigue/sore back/legs/arms

-Morning Anxiety upto midday   sometimes.

-Sleep very broken/ early awaking 4am (maximum 4-6 hrs broken sleep)

- ear fullness 

-internal vibration

I think if I could sleep well then other symptoms would have got better or lessened a lot.

Does sleep gets better ? Or is it for life? 

please advice what would be best for me to do? Wait out or go back on another drug? 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

I will be having procedure in a month time that requires anaesthesia. I am worried as I read somewhere that it will make my withdrawal worst ? Will that set back my recovery?

Last dose 7.5mg Mirtazapine 13 weeks ago.

current symptoms:

lethargy, sore muscles, low level of energy, head pressure, sleep disturbances(very broken, early morning awakening),internal shakiness, morning anxiety, depressive thoughts, hopelessness , mild ear fullness, stomach flutters, passing lot of gas.

Please help!!!!

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

@Gridley

I will be having procedure in a month time that requires anaesthesia. I am worried as I read somewhere that it will make my withdrawal worst ? Will that set back my recovery?

Last dose 7.5mg Mirtazapine 13 weeks ago.

current symptoms:

lethargy, sore muscles, very low level of energy, head pressure(mild headache),sleep disturbances(very broken, early morning awakening),internal shakiness, morning anxiety-shakes , depression, hopelessness , mild ear fullness, stomach flutters, passing lot of gas.

Please help!!!!

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Purae said:

I will be having procedure in a month time that requires anaesthesia. I am worried as I read somewhere that it will make my withdrawal worst ? Will that set back my recovery?

There's a possibility, but it often doesn't.  In the last year I've had a number of surgeries and procedures with anesthesia and it had no negative effects on my withdrawal.  I would go into the procedure with the assumption you will be fine.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

@Gridley@manymoretodays My fatigue has subsided after 3-4 weeks . Now , I am experiencing new symptoms being off almost 4 months now. 

New symptoms:

#Internal vibrations while laying down to sleep/ body shakiness.

#morning anxiety.

#restless/ racing thoughts.

#muscle spasm hands and legs.

#Hand and shoulder numbness while sleeping. 

#stomach gurgling.
#sleep has gone back to only 3 hrs per night whereas it has gone upto 5-7 hrs per night.
#Early awakenings(broken sleep).

# Mild brain zaps

Am I experiencing WD symptoms? If so, will they subside with time including insomnia? 

Will cortisol level goes back to normal too? 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, Purae said:

Am I experiencing WD symptoms? If so, will they subside with time including insomnia? 

Will cortisol level goes back to normal too? 

These are typical WD symptoms, which will subside in time.  This would include insomnia and cortisol levels.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

@GridleyThank you for replying.

I am having procedure next week that includes anaesthesia. I will probably have to take opioids(Tapentadol 50mg immediate release) for few days after procedure.

I am worried that it might flare up my WD symptoms. 
Can opioid cause set back or flare up? 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

Update:

I am still experiencing internal vibration , whole body shakiness specially while sitting and laying down, bit of morning anxiety and restlessness, tiredness/fatigue, sore legs and arms. 
Early morning awakening between 4am to 5am. Still not being able to nap(lost ability). Had to start antibiotics due to injury on Sunday 23/04/23. 

Overall, i feel like I am getting better everyday but internal vibrations and shakiness doesn’t seem to go away even though I don’t feel anxious. 
My brain still wonder whether I will ever go back to normal myself ? 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

16 week update:

Current symptoms:

sensation in head and brain(mild pressure, weird sensation), internal body vibrations, shakiness, feeling of being scared for no reason, sleeping between 4-6.5 hrs , early awaking 4-4:30am, itchy eyes, difficulty concentrating, mild blurred vision, still cannot nap, feeling tired, sore arms and legs, passing lot of gas.

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

Update: 4 months 1 week

Symptoms:

#Sleep is still broken(5-7hrs).Cannot nap. 

#Tiredness , sore legs and arms.

#Internal vibration, whole body shakiness.

#Itchy eyes (watery) and redness.

# Mental symptoms comes in wave. 
#Mild head pressure.

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

Update: 4months 2weeks

Fatigue/lethargy that has started since last 6 weeks or so but now it seems to subside a bit. Shakiness, internal vibrations, broken sleep(5-6.5 hrs),early morning awakening(3am-4am), restlessness( comes and goes)is still there. I don’t feel rested at all, lack of energy. I feel very wired and tensed all day. I find it very hard to do simple household task, I hurt myself few times while cooking and preparing food l. I am not being able to lie down in my bed during day time , I feel restless and I feel very weird. 

Since last few weeks,I am finding hard to concentrate/focus, I am not quite sure if it’s brain fog or head fog or something else but I do not have blurry vision. 

Eyes are itchy every now and then. Muscle spasm and stomach gurgle is still there. 

Depression and total hopelessness seems to have lifted . I still then get thoughts like I may have been permanently damaged and this will be my life forever. I feel bit better late in the afternoon around 8:00pm. 

I hope I will see some improvement when I hit 6 months. Really hoping that I will get my old self back. 

Never thought these drugs can do such a damage being on it for such a short time. 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

Update: 4 months 3 weeks

Last week seems to be better with less waves. Tiredness has lessened but I still lacking energy. Internal vibrations has gone down compare to earlier months. Brain fog has lifted a lot but still not as before medication. 
not being able to handle stress much, I feel shaky and very anxious being on stressful situation, stomach flutters are still there but I do not seem to have any food intolerance.  Lately, I have started drinking black coffee and green tea.
Sleep: 

My sleep is still broken , waking up around 3:30am to 4:30am, averaging 6 hrs a night. Still unable to sleep during day time. I think my sleep is improving but I am not being able to figure out this early awakening thing. If that is related to withdrawal. I feel bit of internal vibration when I wake up around that time and it’s happening without a miss. 

I am hoping it will improve more. 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

• 2 weeks later...

@Purae. How are you feeling?  Are your internal vibrations getting any better? 

2003- started 2.5 mgs Celexa

Over the years upped to 10mgs.

2003 - .5mgs xanax as needed.  Took about 2mgs a day for 15 years.  Weaned off over 4 years.  Last xanax June 4th 2022.

July 20 2022- Started weaning Celexa

August 29th 2022 -Stopped 2.5 mg Celexa 

Fine for 4-5 weeks and started having panic attacks.

Sept 26 2022-Reinstated 5mgs celexa and started HORRIBLE side effects immediately. 

Stayed on for almost 5 weeks and stopped.  

October 31 2022- Off

@WalleebugThank you for checking on me. It has lessened a lot but hasn’t left completely. I am bit shaky at the moment. 
I still have all the symptoms but intensity seems to be bit less. My 4:00 am awakening hasn’t changed yet, lost napping ability since I took those poison, I don’t feel well rested even after 6hrs of sleep .Usually,I feel very tired without even doing much, specially legs and shoulders, head and brain doesn’t feel normal, I get electric shock sensation and tingling in my brain.I am really hoping the damages are not permanent .

I hope you are doing well and I wish you speedy recovery.

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

@Purae.  I'm 7 months off and I can assure you that it does get better.  I still have the vibrations daily but its slowly getting better and better.  I don't believe we are permanently damaged.   I had all the symptoms you have and most are completely gone or rare now.  We will all overcome this.  

2003- started 2.5 mgs Celexa

Over the years upped to 10mgs.

2003 - .5mgs xanax as needed.  Took about 2mgs a day for 15 years.  Weaned off over 4 years.  Last xanax June 4th 2022.

July 20 2022- Started weaning Celexa

August 29th 2022 -Stopped 2.5 mg Celexa 

Fine for 4-5 weeks and started having panic attacks.

Sept 26 2022-Reinstated 5mgs celexa and started HORRIBLE side effects immediately. 

Stayed on for almost 5 weeks and stopped.  

October 31 2022- Off

@Purae I lost the ability to nap as well. My story is a little similar to yours. I was on an SSRI for 4 weeks and I'm dealing with heavy withdrawal after 9 weeks off. 

It's nice to read your thread, I hope you will recover soon. 🙂

September  2020 till December 2020

Wellbutrin and Ativan at the start

Fast taper.  

No drugs for 2 years.

December 2022- 3 days celexa 3 days prozac. Severe adverse reaction and withdrawal for 2 weeks. 

February 2023 till March 2023 zoloft. A total of 5 weeks. 12.5 mg and 25 mg

Had severe adverse reactions while taking Zoloft but wanted to push through with Klonopin.

When I developed severe SI I stopped and had intense withdrawal symptoms.

Drug free since March 15th

Supplements: B12, fish oil, magnesium citrate.

@Dutchsarah Thank you for stopping by my thread.

I never knew these drugs can do so much damage even being on them for a short time, Drs never mentioned or educated me regarding WD , moreover just advised to stopped it CT and here I am , hanging on for dear life.

I really hope that we can recover fully with time. 

What is your sleeping pattern otherwise? What other symptoms are you experiencing? 

I wish you well. 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

Right now the insomnia is the worst. I'm getting around 2 hours of sleep, cortisol is racing through my body almost the entire day it seems. 

I have racing thoughts and heavy anxiety, no appetite, depressive mood

I travelled from the U.S. To to the  Netherlands on Sunday and i have not been able to function since my trip. I hope this wave will subside soon.

I also find it so hard to understand that 4 weeks of SSri can do this..

Hang in there! We will get through this. Better days are coming for both of us. 

Fast taper.  

No drugs for 2 years.

December 2022- 3 days celexa 3 days prozac. Severe adverse reaction and withdrawal for 2 weeks. 

Had severe adverse reactions while taking Zoloft but wanted to push through with Klonopin.

49 minutes ago, Dutchsarah said:

Right now the insomnia is the worst. I'm getting around 2 hours of sleep, cortisol is racing through my body almost the entire day it seems. 

I have racing thoughts and heavy anxiety, no appetite, depressive mood

I travelled from the U.S. To to the  Netherlands on Sunday and i have not been able to function since my trip. I hope this wave will subside soon.

I also find it so hard to understand that 4 weeks of SSri can do this..

Hang in there! We will get through this. Better days are coming for both of us. 

@Dutchsarah
Have you been taking any supplements? Melatonin helps in insomnia for some. Ashwagandha ksm-66 helps in reducing anxiety and cortisol.
Many people seem to find magnesium glycinate and omega 3 fish oil helpful as well . I have been taking it for many months now but can’t exactly say whether it’s helping.

you may want to try few supplements and see it for yourself if it helps. 
Appetite will come back eventually and depression does gets better. 

I was in a really dark place earlier , now things has improved but seems very slow.

I wish you speedy recovery.

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

Thank you so much for your kind words. I was doing better last week, I traveled to the Netherlands on Monday and the 20hours flight and the jet-lag put me in a very bad wave and dark place. 

I do take magnesium glycate and magnesium. I tried melatonin for the first time yesterday but maybe I did not take enough? I only took 0.6mg

It's very nice to hear you are doing a little better.  How many months ago did you stop your medication? 

Fast taper.  

No drugs for 2 years.

1 minute ago, Dutchsarah said:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I was doing better last week, I traveled to the Netherlands on Monday and the 20hours flight and the jet-lag put me in a very bad wave and dark place. 

I do take magnesium glycate and magnesium. I tried melatonin for the first time yesterday but maybe I did not take enough? I only took 0.6mg

It's very nice to hear you are doing a little better.  How many months ago did you stop your medication? 

21 weeks so far. 

Mag glycinate 600mg

Fish oil

Probiotics

Vit C and Vit D

I'm only 10 weeks out. Have you been able to function these months? Like work? 

Fast taper.  

No drugs for 2 years.