HopefulToHeal:Off Sertraline and emotionless

HopefulToHeal

On 11/17/2023 at 3:53 PM, HopefulToHeal said:

I just got my SIBO test back today. I have methane SIBO. I see a practitioner this Monday so hopefully she can help me treat it. How about you?

Iv got hydrogen sibo. I’m waiting for my doc too. I’m likely going to take rifaximin although I’m terrified. But the only other options are herbs which kill both good and bad bacteria and can be harsh and the elemental diet which is basically vitamin liquid. Rifaximin is supposed to not hard food bacteria. What are your symptoms ? And did it start during withdrawal? 

5/10-viibryd 15 to 10 start 10 prozac

5/17-adrenaline surges, panic, viibryd to 7.5

5/20-stopped viibryd ?serotonin syndrome

5/23-stopped Prozac as symptoms continued 

6/2-reinstated viibryd 5mg

6/7-10 mg-better x 1 week only

6/13-15 mg-same thing

6/22-20 mg-same thing but akathesia went away

7/7-viibryd 25 mg split 15 am 10 pm
7/7-started Lunesta to sleep, 0.25 Ativan prn.

7/27-started propanolol 10 mg BID
8/1-viibryd reduced to 10 mg am 10 pm

On 11/18/2023 at 7:18 PM, Ma205 said:
On 11/17/2023 at 1:53 PM, HopefulToHeal said:

Iv got hydrogen sibo. I’m waiting for my doc too. I’m likely going to take rifaximin although I’m terrified. But the only other options are herbs which kill both good and bad bacteria and can be harsh and the elemental diet which is basically vitamin liquid. Rifaximin is supposed to not hard food bacteria. What are your symptoms ? And did it start during withdrawal? 

I’m calling an audible. I met with a woman a few days ago that performs FMT. My 2.5 year old son is going to be my donor. I am hoping to treat my SIBO/IMO by treating the extreme Dysbiosis in my large intestine with the FMT. 

I don’t blame you for being nervous about taking any antibiotic in PW. I would caution against metronidazole or neomycin as the complementary to the Rifaximin. Both of those have black box warnings. AFAIK Rifaximin alone will not treat SIBO as it’s not fat soluble. If my FMT treatments don’t work then I was going to look into a “safer” alternative like oregano oil to pair with the Rifaximin. The natural stuff can mess you up too I’ve heard so careful consideration is a must.

Honestly, I have no idea when my IMO started. I ended up with diverticulitis 2 or 3 months before fast tapering off Zoloft. I had gut issues the entire time on Zoloft so I don’t know which came first. I was under extreme stress while on Zoloft and I are terrible the last 6 months on the meds. 

I know SIBO can be hard to treat. What are your numbers if you don’t mind sharing? r/SIBO could be a good resource for you. Also, r/Microbiome seems to be surprisingly science based. If you want to collaborate while treating these gut issues let me know. I’m not on here as much recently so maybe we could e-mail. Another option would be to join my discord that is dedicated to healing the gut. Good luck!! We will get through this one way or another.

2010 Started Lorazepam 7mg  2010 Started  Ritalin 80mg 

2016 CT Ritalin 2018 Startedtapering Lorazepam 2021 Lorazepam 1mg and currently holding 2020 Fall Sertraline 50-200mg

2023 March Started tapering Sertraline 200-100 March 100-50 April 50 May to June 2023 6/4/23 Completely off Sertraline 

Daily taking 0.25 mg Lorazepam in the morning 0.25 mg at noon 0.25 mg in the afternoon and 0.5 mg at bedtime

10mg Melatonin at bedtime for many years

500EPA/250DHA Omega 3 fish oil 1 tablet twice daily with meals

Twice a week roughly I soak in an epsom salt/ Magnesium sulfate bath.

Suggestions on magnesium welcomed!

20 hours ago, HopefulToHeal said:

I’m calling an audible. I met with a woman a few days ago that performs FMT. My 2.5 year old son is going to be my donor. I am hoping to treat my SIBO/IMO by treating the extreme Dysbiosis in my large intestine with the FMT. 

I don’t blame you for being nervous about taking any antibiotic in PW. I would caution against metronidazole or neomycin as the complementary to the Rifaximin. Both of those have black box warnings. AFAIK Rifaximin alone will not treat SIBO as it’s not fat soluble. If my FMT treatments don’t work then I was going to look into a “safer” alternative like oregano oil to pair with the Rifaximin. The natural stuff can mess you up too I’ve heard so careful consideration is a must.

Honestly, I have no idea when my IMO started. I ended up with diverticulitis 2 or 3 months before fast tapering off Zoloft. I had gut issues the entire time on Zoloft so I don’t know which came first. I was under extreme stress while on Zoloft and I are terrible the last 6 months on the meds. 

I know SIBO can be hard to treat. What are your numbers if you don’t mind sharing? r/SIBO could be a good resource for you. Also, r/Microbiome seems to be surprisingly science based. If you want to collaborate while treating these gut issues let me know. I’m not on here as much recently so maybe we could e-mail. Another option would be to join my discord that is dedicated to healing the gut. Good luck!! We will get through this one way or another.

I’ll pm you

5/10-viibryd 15 to 10 start 10 prozac

5/17-adrenaline surges, panic, viibryd to 7.5

5/20-stopped viibryd ?serotonin syndrome

5/23-stopped Prozac as symptoms continued 

6/2-reinstated viibryd 5mg

6/7-10 mg-better x 1 week only

6/13-15 mg-same thing

6/22-20 mg-same thing but akathesia went away

7/7-viibryd 25 mg split 15 am 10 pm
7/7-started Lunesta to sleep, 0.25 Ativan prn.

7/27-started propanolol 10 mg BID
8/1-viibryd reduced to 10 mg am 10 pm

• 4 months later...
On 11/23/2023 at 4:42 AM, HopefulToHeal said:

Any Updates regarding the FMT you have tried? Have you seen any improvements or changes?

I am about to try FMT for PSSD very soon myself and would be more than interested to hear of your experiences!

Januar 2020- one week mirtazapine

June 2020- 3 pills of Fluoxetine

April 2021- July 2021 Zoloft (50mg) - I developed a mild form of pssd
Oktober 2021-February 2022 St. Johns Wort (900mg) - Sexual Dysfunction got gradually worse
April 2022 - 2 weeks Wellbutrin (150mg)

April 2022- July 2022 From time to time Promethazin and Tavor
Now I have full blown pssd (emotional anaesthesia and severe pssd)