Jessie23 Does lamictal count for withdrawal

Jessie23

• Administrator

That is not as bad as it could be. How has your sleep pattern changed in the last 4 months?

Did you do any of this? Have you tried a little melatonin, to get sleep started?

On 9/7/2023 at 10:58 AM, Altostrata said:

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 minute ago, Altostrata said:

That is not as bad as it could be. How has your sleep pattern changed in the last 4 months?

Did you do any of this? Have you tried a little melatonin, to get sleep started?

Yes I’ve taken melatonin for years it used to help but doesn’t now. I’m less concerned about the insomnia and more concerned about the dpdr dissociation and panic 

Lamictal 0-100 mg June 9 to august 4 2022

Buspar 10mg august 1 to august 15 2022

• Altostrata changed the title to Jessie23 Does lamictal count for withdrawal
  • Administrator

How has your sleep pattern changed in the last 4 months?

17 hours ago, Jessie23 said:

I’m less concerned about the insomnia and more concerned about the dpdr dissociation and panic 

You will need to let the dpdr etc. fade naturally. When does the panic occur?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

How has your sleep pattern changed in the last 4 months?

You will need to let the dpdr etc. fade naturally. When does the panic occur?

I think in the last four months my insomnia seems to have gotten worse. The panic is random. Sometimes I look at certain things and get a rush of panic or some days I wake up more anxious and panicky than normal

• Administrator

How about blackout shades and curtains in your bedroom?

Have you tried fish oil and magnesium? What do you do for exercise?

17 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

How about blackout shades and curtains in your bedroom?

Have you tried fish oil and magnesium? What do you do for exercise?

I have black out curtains it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I haven’t tried fish oil but small doses of magnesium make my panic worse. I am on my feet all day at work and do a lot of walking at work for 10 hours 

I also suffered from severe insomnia for weeks, it has now passed but I have noticed that if I stay light with what I eat at night I can sleep well, on the contrary if I eat more Challenging for digestion can not sleep through the night.

I started very young taking psychotropic drugs with various suspensions and withdrawals mistaken for relapses, I don't know if this can affect what happens to me now. I can neither The drug nor the dose.

2013-2014 wellbutrin (I don't remember the dose)

2015-2016 brintellix 30 mg 

2016-2017 sertraline 50 mg I stopped taking it and had a seizure which was mistaken for a flare of the disease replaced with mirtazapine in 2018 30mg at 10.30pm then stopped taking it because I was gaining weight Too september 2019 has november severe withdrawal symptoms anxiety i woke up shaking then found this site reverted to 3mg mirtazapine and within 15 minutes all symptoms vanished.After stabilizing for 4 months I began to reduce by 10% every 4 weeks manageable symptoms end of reduction 28 January 2022 Last dose of mirtazapine January 27 0.1 mg manageable symptoms until July 2023 where a wave caused by Stress made me incapacitated in bed. I take micro doses of lamictal 0.5mg for 4 days 0.7mg for 4 days 1.2 for 4 days 1.7 for 4 days the dose that seems to help is 2.2mg more than this starts to cause problems.Now down to 2mg 

• Administrator
21 hours ago, Jessie23 said:

Sometimes I look at certain things and get a rush of panic or some days I wake up more anxious and panicky than normal

What kinds of things do you look at and feel panic? Does this happen at work?

How much coffee do you drink every day?

Was this anxiety and panic why you took Lamictal in June?

35 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

What kinds of things do you look at and feel panic? Does this happen at work?

How much coffee do you drink every day?

Was this anxiety and panic why you took Lamictal in June?

I don’t drink any caffeine anymore and if I look at large objects or the ocean or things like that I get a rush of panic. Kind of random  objects or thoughts.  No I never had panic before lamictal. I got anxious in traffic so my dr gave me lamictal to level the anxiety out. I experienced my first panic attack while on 75mg on lamictal. 

• Administrator

As explained before, your symptoms are not such that we would recommend reinstatement of any drug. We are not in a position to recommend other drugs. We do not have any magic remedies for life stress.

Strongly recommend you take courses or get counseling in managing stress and anxiety, as well as psychotherapy to explore what about your current situation is frightening to you. It sounds like you work hard. Do you have a community with whom you can relax?

Your sleep needs strengthening. It could be you sleep poorly because you need to quiet you worries down before bedtime.

See 

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

Music for self-care: calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

Ways to cope with daily anxiety

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

As explained before, your symptoms are not such that we would recommend reinstatement of any drug. We are not in a position to recommend other drugs. We do not have any magic remedies for life stress.

Strongly recommend you take courses or get counseling in managing stress and anxiety, as well as psychotherapy to explore what about your current situation is frightening to you. It sounds like you work hard. Do you have a community with whom you can relax?

Your sleep needs strengthening. It could be you sleep poorly because you need to quiet you worries down before bedtime.

See 

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

Music for self-care: calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

Ways to cope with daily anxiety

Thank you. I strongly believe these issues all started with the lamictal and were made worse by busprione. My anxiety before was mild and didn’t stay all day and night like it does now. Should I count on these lingering symptoms to resolve even though I am close to 1 year off meds? My biggest worry is I now have some sort of brain issue that these meds activated 

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Jessie23 said:

Should I count on these lingering symptoms to resolve even though I am close to 1 year off meds?

Yes, but you might find the coping skills I described to help you get through this.

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2023 at 3:18 PM, Altostrata said:

Yes, but you might find the coping skills I described to help you get through this.

Was doing well for months with tolerable dpdr and dissociation at times then last night had a panic attack. Is this normal? Surely after this long it should be better? No new drugs supplements or changes. Am I stuck like this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 3:18 PM, Altostrata said:

Still having bouts  of panic and dissociation. Can’t sleep insomnia so bad. Am I ruined?

• Administrator

Do you have health anxiety?

Please review 

On 10/31/2023 at 3:19 PM, Altostrata said:

Please review 

No my health is fine I arm wondering why over a year off these meds I was on for a short time I am still having panic and dpdr. I am worried the meds didn’t cause this issue or the meds did but it’s irreversible now. My exposure was short to have this for this long. 

On 10/31/2023 at 3:19 PM, Altostrata said:

Please review 

I wake up from a nap just now in a total panic. This hasn’t happened in a long time. Maybe this is just how I am now?

• Administrator

You might still have occasional spells of symptoms for quite a while, in The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2023 at 6:02 PM, Altostrata said:

You might still have occasional spells of symptoms for quite a while, in 

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization 

This topic is mainly people saying they are still suffering after several years. I wake up last night with worse panic attack I’ve had in awhile. I am over a year off meds and still anxiety panic dpdr I never had until lamictal. I’m trying to wait it out and be patient but these cycles or waves this far out for this long is making me wonder what could be wrong with me

• Administrator

When we say slow, gradual, and can take a long time, we mean take a long time. How has your general symptom pattern changed in the last month?

On 12/6/2023 at 12:49 PM, Altostrata said:

When we say slow, gradual, and can take a long time, we mean take a long time. How has your general symptom pattern changed in the last month?

Hello maam. I was feeling pretty darn normal then the random panic attack now I have dpdr everyday again and don’t want to leave my house. I haven’t done anything different to trigger the attack it came on randomly 

• Mentor

@Jessie23  Hi, welcome to SA.   I hear a lot of panic and fear.  I know how scary and crazy this whole experience can be.  You will heal from this.   A big part of it will have to come in time and patience.   Letting the panic and fear take control will only make you feel less in control of your situation.  What kind of coping skill have you tried? Guided meditation might be helpful in learning not to get caught up in your thoughts.  I though you might like this story from Bambam who also had a adverse reaction to Lamictal and Buspar...She has recovered and written her success story.  

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/28248-☼-bambam-is-this-withdrawal/

Reach out to others and see if you can find so reassurance and encouragement.  We are here to support and listen🌞

You can do this Jessie23

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

• Administrator

@Jessie23 many things can revive withdrawal symptoms, such as missing doses, taking a dose off schedule, drinking alcohol, taking antibiotics or other drugs, overdoing strenuous exercise, etc. Did any of these things happen in the last few months?

How much caffeine were you drinking and when did you stop? Did you taper off?

3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

@Jessie23 many things can revive withdrawal symptoms, such as missing doses, taking a dose off schedule, drinking alcohol, taking antibiotics or other drugs, overdoing strenuous exercise, etc. Did any of these things happen in the last few months?

How much caffeine were you drinking and when did you stop? Did you taper off?

I haven’t done any of those things. I haven’t had caffeine since last August 2022

• Administrator

What does this random attack feel like?

3 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

What does this random attack feel like?

Racing heart hot flashes feeling of doom intense out of body feeling overwhelming panic body and mind feeling like I need to run away and wanting to cry and beg 

• Administrator

How often do these spells occur? Do they occur at any particular times of day? How long do they last?

3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

How often do these spells occur? Do they occur at any particular times of day? How long do they last?

They come on randomly. I hadn’t had one since October then it woke me up randomly. I haven’t done anything differently 

• Administrator
On 12/6/2023 at 11:49 AM, Altostrata said:

When we say slow, gradual, and can take a long time, we mean take a long time.

See The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization 

On 12/7/2023 at 3:40 PM, Greatful said:

@Jessie23  Hi, welcome to SA.   I hear a lot of panic and fear.  I know how scary and crazy this whole experience can be.  You will heal from this.   A big part of it will have to come in time and patience.   Letting the panic and fear take control will only make you feel less in control of your situation.  What kind of coping skill have you tried? Guided meditation might be helpful in learning not to get caught up in your thoughts.  I though you might like this story from Bambam who also had a adverse reaction to Lamictal and Buspar...She has recovered and written her success story.  

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/28248-☼-bambam-is-this-withdrawal/

Reach out to others and see if you can find so reassurance and encouragement.  We are here to support and listen🌞

You can do this Jessie23

Sorry I did not see this comment. Meditation doesn’t work because the anxiety feels very chemical so once it hits it doesn’t go away: I will message this person for advice thank you. 

On 12/10/2023 at 6:59 PM, Altostrata said:

Does the ability to take supplements return with healing? Vitamin d makes me anxious but labs show I am very deficient. Is there an average time it takes to heal from this adverse reaction? It is hard not to be believed that a short exposure to this medication could still be effecting me. I am starting to doubt myself now. 

• Administrator

See 

For information about other supplements, look in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum.

Hiya. 

I think its still normal for you to be experiencing symptoms this far our. People who only take one small pill for one day and have an adverse reaction can experience symptoms for a few years. 

This is a painfully slow process but can be done. 

One thing you can try is taking cold showers. I find that whilst being blasted with cold water I can't much think about my other bodily sensations. Also doing this teaches you just to be with uncomfortable sensations. The more you do it the more you get used to it. Give it a go if you feel able. 

I don't always think a wave needs a reason to start or if it does it isn't always apparently obvious. Could be as small as eating the wrong thing or slightly more elevated stress than normal. 

Our bodies are so sensitised that nothing is off the table. 

If you have experienced moments of normal or just better then this shows there is no reason you can't stay like that. It just takes time. 

Good luck 

2015- Jan 2021 20mg Citalapram

Jan 2021- April 2021 Sertraline (CT)

June 2021 - Fluoxetine & Trazadone

Oct 2021- Trazadone to Quitiapin 

Oct 2021 to June 2022 switches Duloxetine then paroxatine then Venlafaxine.

June 2022- venlafaxine for 5 or 6 weeks at 37.5 twice daily. Upped for one week to 75mg twice daily but caused panic attacks. Dropped back down to 37.5 twice daily. Panic attacks stopped. 

1 week- 62.5mg 1 week- 50mg 1 week- 37.5mg 1 week - 25mg 

ANTIDEPRESSANT FREE SINCE JULY 22ND 2022!! 

18/05/23 - 01-06/23 doxycycline for a rat bite 

Taken propranalol since 2015. 80mg.

21/11/22 76mg. 28/11/22 72mg. 05/12/22 68mg. 19/12/22 64mg. 27/12/22 60mg. 02/01/23 56mg. 09/01/23 50mg. 16/01/23 47mg. 23/01/23 44mg. 29/01/23 40mg. 05/02/23 38mg. 12/02/23 35mg. 19/02/23 32mg. 25/02/23 27mg. 04/03/23 25mg. 11/03/23 22mg. 17/03/23 19mg. 24/03/23 20mg. 05/04/23 18mg. 11/04/23 16mg. 17/04/23 14mg. 27/04/23 20mg. 19/06/23 19mg. 25/06/23 20mg. 04/08/23 18mg. 11/08/23 17mg. 16/08/23 16mg. 25/08/23 15mg. 01/09/23 14mg. 08/09/23 13mg. 15/08/23 12mg. 22/09/23 11mg. 29/09/23 10mg. 19/11/23 9mg. 26/11/23 8mg. 03/12/23 7mg. 10/12/23 6mg. 17/12/23 5mg. 24/12/23 4mg. 31/01/23 3mg. 07/01/24 2mg. 13/01/24 1mg. 19/01/24 0mg. DONE! 

On 12/16/2023 at 6:19 PM, Altostrata said:

See 

For information about other supplements, look in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum.

Thank you is general anesthesia safe during withdrawal? I have to have surgery in February and i am afraid of a relapse. In my windows I feel almost back to normal so i am worried the surgery will trigger a relapse of panic and dpdr

On 12/18/2023 at 12:54 AM, Doctorsrcrap said:

Hiya. 

I think its still normal for you to be experiencing symptoms this far our. People who only take one small pill for one day and have an adverse reaction can experience symptoms for a few years. 

This is a painfully slow process but can be done. 

One thing you can try is taking cold showers. I find that whilst being blasted with cold water I can't much think about my other bodily sensations. Also doing this teaches you just to be with uncomfortable sensations. The more you do it the more you get used to it. Give it a go if you feel able. 

I don't always think a wave needs a reason to start or if it does it isn't always apparently obvious. Could be as small as eating the wrong thing or slightly more elevated stress than normal. 

Our bodies are so sensitised that nothing is off the table. 

If you have experienced moments of normal or just better then this shows there is no reason you can't stay like that. It just takes time. 

Good luck 

Thank you. It is crazy that these symptoms can last so long from such short exposure but it seems to be very real. I pray for your healing and recovery.

On 12/16/2023 at 6:19 PM, Altostrata said:

See 

Woke again with another panic attacks that’s two in the month of December. I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong. I haven’t made any changes. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes, these things can happen even when there is no trigger.  Or, it could be the common stress of the holiday season.  Many/most of us have extra stress during this time.  Claire Weekes is really good for panic attacks - check out her resources on YouTube and amazon.  

video: Claire Weekes: Managing Anxiety

video: Claire Weekes on Anxiety and Panic

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly