Farm24: Twitching, muscle tension, heavy body

Ended up in the er today from pain.  Fell asleep last night and woke up an hour later to muscles in my head, neck, back and legs contracted.  Even the area where my stomach is was contracted.  I've NEVER been in such pain.  I was given a steroid.  Not sure if I should touch it. But my crp was a little high.  I think pain can raise that though.  It just feels like every decision is a big decision. Last night I had muscle twitches for three hours.  So I couldn't fall asleep.  So depressed from this pain.  The doctors were great and didn't judge me on how I looked, I know I looked messy.  I could barely walk. Last night my muscle tension was moving my legs.  My toes were moving on their own .  Tonight it is starting again.  I have never had it this bad.  But my numbness has subsided so maybe things are over compensating? Trying not to lose hope. But this is the worst pain I have been in.  I've tried magensium but it seems to have a paradoxical effect after I take it every time.  

Sertaline- tried 50 mg beginning of June 2023. Caused hyperreflexia.  So stopped after one dose. Tried several smaller doses that month.  Had burning and twitching so just stopped. 

Lexapro

June of 2023' 2.5 mg for two weeks 

July of 2023 5 mg for two weeks

July of 2023 7.5 mg for 2 weeks

August to mid September 10 mg

Mid September reduced to 7.5

October to October 15 reduced to 5

October 15 to October 30 reduced to 2.5 

October 30-off

On 3/7/2024 at 4:20 AM, Erimus said:

No. Everyone tends to get slightly different symptoms, though. 

I know caffeine isn't great for a lot of people. So I gave up pop this week and my muscle tension increased X10.  I took excederin twice today and I'm wondering if it is a low dopamine issue that lex causes.  Because I feel better?  

Sertaline- tried 50 mg beginning of June 2023. Caused hyperreflexia.  So stopped after one dose. Tried several smaller doses that month.  Had burning and twitching so just stopped. 

Lexapro

October 30-off

9 hours ago, Farm24 said:

Ended up in the er today from pain.  Fell asleep last night and woke up an hour later to muscles in my head, neck, back and legs contracted.  Even the area where my stomach is was contracted.  I've NEVER been in such pain.  I was given a steroid.  Not sure if I should touch it. But my crp was a little high.  I think pain can raise that though.  It just feels like every decision is a big decision. Last night I had muscle twitches for three hours.  So I couldn't fall asleep.  So depressed from this pain.  The doctors were great and didn't judge me on how I looked, I know I looked messy.  I could barely walk. Last night my muscle tension was moving my legs.  My toes were moving on their own .  Tonight it is starting again.  I have never had it this bad.  But my numbness has subsided so maybe things are over compensating? Trying not to lose hope. But this is the worst pain I have been in.  I've tried magensium but it seems to have a paradoxical effect after I take it every time.  

Sorry you are experiencing such pain, it is the worst element of withdrawal I have felt.

7 hours ago, Farm24 said:

I know caffeine isn't great for a lot of people. So I gave up pop this week and my muscle tension increased X10.  I took excederin twice today and I'm wondering if it is a low dopamine issue that lex causes.  Because I feel better?  

If you’ve been drinking it every day for a long time then the sudden cessation, and drop in caffeine, is likely to cause an increase in symptoms for a while. Probably better to gradually reduce caffeine intake, rather than abruptly stop.

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Failed taper attempt (50 -> 49) - Jan 2024; Second attempt to start taper - 17 Feb 2024

Current dose: 48.9mg (Feb 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil, Magnesium, Vitamin C

Bought a tens unit and used it. Really seemed to help.  Went to a massage therapist today. She beat the crap out of some pressure points and my muscles are achy but not as tense. She said my body has that as my default now, so will take some time to loosen them up. Going for a 90 min session next week. 

Got some feeling back in my legs when exercising. But also have way more widespread twitching. It doesn't bother me except for at bed time.  Very worried about hypnic jerks and I had them for hours the other night.  Not sure why they are coming on month five of withdrawl.  

Lexapro

October 30-off

Just remember that as unpleasant as they are, they are harmless.

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Failed taper attempt (50 -> 49) - Jan 2024; Second attempt to start taper - 17 Feb 2024

Current dose: 48.9mg (Feb 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil, Magnesium, Vitamin C

For the last week I have been dealing with almost constant hypnic jerks at night.  Sometimes just a finger moving.  Sometimes both of my legs come off the bed.  Can my brain be broken?  It is causing a lot less sleep.  One night I bet it happened 80 times. It only happens as I drift off.  

Lexapro

October 30-off

On 3/10/2024 at 12:46 AM, Farm24 said:

I read both here and on many Facebook support groups about these same muscle contractions and jerks from this damn lexapro/escitalopram. They do get better in time and eventually disappear. I’m much better but have waves where these symptoms keep coming back. I’m a year out and last year I couldn’t even move from the settee.

Now I can take the dog out, go shopping, pick my son from school, make dinner for my family and I even went for coffee with a friend yesterday for the first time in more than a year. My pain level has gone down but I’m far from being out of the woods. My time will come and yours will too.

Started 10mg escitalopram March 2016 and stopped CT Feb 2017.

Started 10mg citalopram May 2019

Swapped with mirtazapine mid June 2019 used for a week and then switched to Escitalopram 5mg at the end of July 2019, increased gradually to 10mg in September, 15mg in October and 20mg in January 2020. Tapered down to 15mg in April. 10mg in June then a week tapering to 5mg and then stopped CT. 
Resumed escitalopram in November 2020 at 5mg, increased to 10mg in February 2021, tapered down to 5mg in May 2021 and tapered down to 2.5 in the space of a week in September 2021. Resumed escitalopram at the end of December 2022 at 5mg, increased it to 10mg in March 2023 then tapered down to 5mg in June and down to 2.5mg in July. Started escitalopram 5mg beginning of December 2023 then stopped after 4 days. Took amytryptamine for 2 days then restarted escitalopram at 5mg, after two weeks increased it to 7.5mg, kept it for 1 week then 10mg for 1 week but two many side effects so went back to 5mg. Beginning of January 2023 stopped escitalopram for 1 day then 2.5mg for the next day. Developed  discontinuation symptoms reinstated it at 2.5 for 1 week and 1.5 for the following week then stopped. I’m currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

1 hour ago, Giuly88 said:

I read both here and on many Facebook support groups about these same muscle contractions and jerks from this damn lexapro/escitalopram. They do get better in time and eventually disappear. I’m much better but have waves where these symptoms keep coming back. I’m a year out and last year I couldn’t even move from the settee.

Now I can take the dog out, go shopping, pick my son from school, make dinner for my family and I even went for coffee with a friend yesterday for the first time in more than a year. My pain level has gone down but I’m far from being out of the woods. My time will come and yours will too.

Thank you so much.  It is just insane that doctors don't believe this is from the drug.   When I am better I plan to buy all my Doctors a copy of that deprescribing book and alert them to this website. For now I'm just too tired to argue with them.  I think a lot of people have these side effects, they just don't associate it with the med or with withdrawing from it

Lexapro

October 30-off

On 3/13/2024 at 8:23 PM, Erimus said:

Just remember that as unpleasant as they are, they are harmless.

I wonder...this med caused me not to feel my muscles. I can work out and not get that burn.  I climb stairs and feel nothing. I think they aren't contracting right. So my theory is that other muscles are picking up the slack for the ones not working.   Wondering if you have those symptoms too

Lexapro

October 30-off

7 hours ago, Giuly88 said:

I desperately miss having friends. 

Lexapro

October 30-off

Hi @LotusRising @Walleebug @DataGuy @Rosetta @WiggleIt @Seer @BrokenWings @SandCastle

Hope you are all well. I’m just after some hope and comparing notes 😟.

I have this relentless tightness, tearing pulling muscles on my back that travels around but is located more on my mid back where the flanks are. Muscles do seize up, tighten and they are painful. This happens randomly when I stand, use my back or sit in a position upright that engages my muscles.

Did any of you experience this and did it go away or is getting better?

Thank you for this 🙏

Swapped with mirtazapine mid June 2019 used for a week and then switched to Escitalopram 5mg at the end of July 2019, increased gradually to 10mg in September, 15mg in October and 20mg in January 2020. Tapered down to 15mg in April. 10mg in June then a week tapering to 5mg and then stopped CT. 
Resumed escitalopram in November 2020 at 5mg, increased to 10mg in February 2021, tapered down to 5mg in May 2021 and tapered down to 2.5 in the space of a week in September 2021. Resumed escitalopram at the end of December 2022 at 5mg, increased it to 10mg in March 2023 then tapered down to 5mg in June and down to 2.5mg in July. Started escitalopram 5mg beginning of December 2023 then stopped after 4 days. Took amytryptamine for 2 days then restarted escitalopram at 5mg, after two weeks increased it to 7.5mg, kept it for 1 week then 10mg for 1 week but two many side effects so went back to 5mg. Beginning of January 2023 stopped escitalopram for 1 day then 2.5mg for the next day. Developed  discontinuation symptoms reinstated it at 2.5 for 1 week and 1.5 for the following week then stopped. I’m currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

19 minutes ago, Giuly88 said:

Hi @LotusRising @Walleebug @DataGuy @Rosetta @WiggleIt @Seer @BrokenWings @SandCastle

I have this relentless tightness, tearing pulling muscles on my back that travels around but is located more on my mid back where the flanks are. Muscles do seize up, tighten and they are painful. This happens randomly when I stand, use my back or sit in a position upright that engages my muscles.

Thank you for this 🙏

I've been going after this with a tens unit, massage and I'm debating accupuncture.  Seen mild improvements.  It's gotten me to a point where i can exercise and sleep

Lexapro

October 30-off

7 minutes ago, Farm24 said:

I've been going after this with a tens unit, massage and I'm debating accupuncture.  Seen mild improvements.  It's gotten me to a point where i can exercise and sleep

Thank you @Farm24

My muscles issues come and go. I do stretching and yoga. 

1 hour ago, Giuly88 said:

Thank you @Farm24

My muscles issues come and go. I do stretching and yoga. 

I totally recommend some massage or the tens unit

Lexapro

October 30-off

5 hours ago, Giuly88 said:

@Giuly88

Yes, but not specifically in those muscles. Abdomen and chest for sure, in certain positions or if stretched, but this is mostly gone, I think* . The muscles for breathing (feels like diaphragm and deeper chest muscles) still get exacerbated and tense up/impede my breathing with any prolonged increases in heart rate. This is much better than when all this started. At the beginning I couldn't walk up the stairs or cross the street without them tensing up. Now, I can walk for a good 30 minutes at a slow pace. 

My goal is adding in weights, along with yoga. A year ago when I did this, my muscles fought back big time, so I'm going to take it much slower this time - maybe once/wk. 

Have you tried acupuncture? It worked very well for my jaw tension.

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

14 hours ago, LotusRising said:

@Giuly88

Yes, but not specifically in those muscles. Abdomen and chest for sure, in certain positions or if stretched, but this is mostly gone, I think* . The muscles for breathing (feels like diaphragm and deeper chest muscles) still get exacerbated and tense up/impede my breathing with any prolonged increases in heart rate. This is much better than when all this started. At the beginning I couldn't walk up the stairs or cross the street without them tensing up. Now, I can walk for a good 30 minutes at a slow pace. 

My goal is adding in weights, along with yoga. A year ago when I did this, my muscles fought back big time, so I'm going to take it much slower this time - maybe once/wk. 

Have you tried acupuncture? It worked very well for my jaw tension.

@LotusRising

Thank you LotusRising.

Pleased to hear your abdomen is much much better. 😊

I have lifted some light weights to increase muscle strength.

Do you still experience any tightness on your back or has this resolved for you?

I will write more in a few days when I’m better. ❤️

18 hours ago, Farm24 said:

I totally recommend some massage or the tens unit

@Farm24

Thank you Farm24. I will probably try massage I’m not a fan of electrical impulses being applied on my body. ❤️

The back tightness comes and goes still and just this morning abdomen is back, so I guess not quite resolved.

It seems every time I think a symptom has left, it returns. Both are less bothersome than they used to be though. 

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

15 minutes ago, LotusRising said:

The back tightness comes and goes still and just this morning abdomen is back, so I guess not quite resolved.

It seems every time I think a symptom has left, it returns. Both are less bothersome than they used to be though. 

@LotusRising

It is good new because your baseline is improving in the right direction. ❤️

On 3/10/2024 at 12:46 AM, Farm24 said:

Steroid should be then tapered. Pleased it did help you ❤️

1 minute ago, Giuly88 said:

Steroid should be then tapered. Pleased it did help you ❤️

Yes! That is me. Lol.  

Lexapro

October 30-off

(I deleted my name and your name for confidential purposes) I have recognised it by the hospital steroid story and the symptoms you are experiencing. 

3 minutes ago, Giuly88 said:

(I deleted my name and your name for confidential purposes) I have recognised it by the hospital steroid story and the symptoms you are experiencing. 

I suspected!  I am going to friend you with my real account, I just use that one for that group, as I don't want to discuss it with friends or family outside of my nuclear family. Once I get better, I am going to tell everyone I know about the dangers of these drugs. 

Lexapro

October 30-off

Updating, if only for myself to look back on later.  

Feel like my symptoms have drastically changed the last two weeks. Getting feeling back in my legs and arms and torso and even face.  

Twitching has started on my left side.  I don't usually twitch in my leg, but I feel like pressure is building and then it goes away. It's a weird feeling.  Tingling tongue.  Some nerve pain.  My cognition is definitely getting better.  I'm more tired, whereas before I never felt tired.  

They hypnic jerks are killing me.  I had about 80 of them last night.  It definitely disturbs my sleep, because as my brain starts shutting down I get a massive twitch. It's definitely not anxiety.

I'm also getting random cold spots on my body.  My feet are freezing cold.  Spots on my face. I actually used a thermometer and my legs, and face are 95 farenheight. But my tempal reading is normal. It's such a weird feeling.  

I read a success story in here last week, and then saw a post the person had made a couple years earlier saying they would "never heal".  I feel like I have so much wrong, how could I!  I'm not sure if a change in symptoms should make me hopeful or nervous, but I can't change it.  

I was a licensed social worker, and worked CPS for years.  It is absolutely insane to me how many children are on 2 or 3 of these meds!  

Lexapro

October 30-off

Just now, Farm24 said:

Updating, if only for myself to look back on later.  

Feel like my symptoms have drastically changed the last two weeks. Getting feeling back in my legs and arms and torso and even face.  

Twitching has started on my left side.  I don't usually twitch in my leg, but I feel like pressure is building and then it goes away. It's a weird feeling.  Tingling tongue.  Some nerve pain.  My cognition is definitely getting better.  I'm more tired, whereas before I never felt tired.  

They hypnic jerks are killing me.  I had about 80 of them last night.  It definitely disturbs my sleep, because as my brain starts shutting down I get a massive twitch. It's definitely not anxiety.

I'm also getting random cold spots on my body.  My feet are freezing cold.  Spots on my face. I actually used a thermometer and my legs, and face are 95 farenheight. But my tempal reading is normal. It's such a weird feeling.  

I read a success story in here last week, and then saw a post the person had made a couple years earlier saying they would "never heal".  I feel like I have so much wrong, how could I!  I'm not sure if a change in symptoms should make me hopeful or nervous, but I can't change it.  

I was a licensed social worker, and worked CPS for years.  It is absolutely insane to me how many children are on 2 or 3 of these meds!  

Dry eyes, nose and mouth seem to be gone.  Muscle tension is better but definitely not gone.  Hands are hydrated again.  

I get periods now where I have like a brain zaps with out the zap. I don't know how to explain it, but it almost feels like it makes my tongue and left foot want to move.  Obviously this worries me.  I would have to be a complete goon to not be worried.  

Lexapro

October 30-off

Hi.  Yes, of course, the twitching and cold spots are concerning to anyone.  Knowing that you have this condition - dysregulation, withdrawal, PAWS, adverse reaction — whatever you want to call it, you will eventually be able to feel less distress.  A lot of very odd things will happen.  You will “get used to it” somewhat.  Eventually.  

The fear that something is terribly wrong, that you have an illness other than dysregulation, it lessens. It’s kind of like grief — you are still upset, but you will notice over time that the upset is less severe.  The symptoms will become less intense or troublesome, too.  Then, at times, there might be a “bad wave” when the symptoms are more intense.  That does a number on your psyche.  Journaling about that helps.  If you can look back and see that those bad waves ended it will help you endure others.  

The jerks are rough to experience.  Trying to fall asleep with that going on — ugh!  Sometimes I would just want to cry, but I couldn’t because WD took that, too.  

All of this will resolve.  It will take much longer than you would like, but it will resolve.  That is what this site is about — me or whomever letting you know that you will heal.  “It gets better” as GiaK would say.

Hang in there,

🧚🏻‍♀️ Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

@Farm24 I did have muscle problems like you described.   I haven’t had it since January though.   I started a mostly meat based diet with avacados and pumkin seeds for added magnesium.  I'm honestly not sure if it's the changed diet or I'm just in a muscle window but my muscles are feeling much better.  Do you eat magnesium or take magnesium? I'm too afraid of supplements so I'm eating magnesium.   My blood pressure has gone down a lot too. 

2003- started 2.5 mgs Celexa

Over the years upped to 10mgs.

2003 - .5mgs xanax as needed.  Took about 2mgs a day for 15 years.  Weaned off over 4 years.  Last xanax June 4th 2022.

July 20 2022- Started weaning Celexa

August 29th 2022 -Stopped 2.5 mg Celexa 

Fine for 4-5 weeks and started having panic attacks.

Sept 26 2022-Reinstated 5mgs celexa and started HORRIBLE side effects immediately. 

Stayed on for almost 5 weeks and stopped.  

October 31 2022- Off

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 2.5 day window.  And the week before had 2 days where I almost felt normal. I slept 8 hours straight one night and didn't wake up uncomfortable.   

Symptoms still dealing with extreme heavy body in my head/back/chest (almost feels like muscles are overly relaxed).  Can't feel heart beat, thirst or hunger when this is all on. Loss of goosebumps.  My creativity is zapped.  My thoughts just don't flow. 

Just reading awful stories online, so taking a little break because it is making me sad.  I miss being the Mom I was to my kids, volunteering, working. I took these meds for 3 months but thought the heavy body was from not sleeping well, same with my slow thoughts. I assumed the loss of goosebumps was from some hormone issue. It is just so crazy to me that I didnt connect all the dots that it was the meds, when all of this started when I took it.   Just so desperate for normalcy 

Lexapro

October 30-off

Sinuses also have extreme pressure.  Makes it feel uncomfortable to even smile. 

Lexapro

October 30-off

On 3/18/2024 at 9:32 AM, Giuly88 said:

Thank you for this 🙏

How have you been doing. Been wondering, but didn't want to bother you with asking again. 

Lexapro

October 30-off

@Farm24.  I just saw you're from Ohio too.   Nice.  

I was doing great for 3 whole weeks until I ate horribly during Easter and now I'm feeling yucky again.   The past 2 days I've also had the heavy muscles.  I mostly get it in my arms and legs.   I describe it as feeling like the aftermath of being shocked.  For me it's kind of like there's a disconnect between my brain and my muscles which makes my muscles feel extremely weak and heavy.   This is the first time I've had it since January.   

Do you have vibrations or just muscle twitches?  My twitches are calming down a lot but this dang vibration won't go away.  The past 2 days the vibration motor has sped up unfortunately.   I'm blaming it on the sugar I ate over the holiday.  

Please don't read sad withdrawal stories.   I mean it's very awful this is happening but you will get lots better and eventually heal.  I'm now 17 months off and despite still having some bad days I'm so much better.    We all fall into the trap of sadness and dispare .  It's easy to do when you're feeling miserable and you just want answers or reassurance.    Success stories are the healthiest thing to read otherwise it's easy to spiral.    I'm not trying to be preachy I just know how it can be because I've done the same thing.  

I think it's a great sign that you're already having some good windows!  Please believe me when I tell you that the windows will eventually get longer and better.   Of course you'll probably still have bad waves but those will eventually get shorter and easier too.  My problem is that the windows are so great now that the waves feel horrendous even though they are much easier than they used to be.  I mean most wave days for me now would probably have been considered windows months ago.  

You can message me whenever you want.  I know how lonely this can be and how important it is to have someone to talk to.  I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't found my best withdrawal buddy.   Sometimes just having someone to tell you is a normal part of this injury makes all the difference in the world.   

2003 - .5mgs xanax as needed.  Took about 2mgs a day for 15 years.  Weaned off over 4 years.  Last xanax June 4th 2022.

Sept 26 2022-Reinstated 5mgs celexa and started HORRIBLE side effects immediately. 

October 31 2022- Off

• 3 weeks later...

Had a good couple of days. My dr said I was low on iron. So I took my multi vitamin and then for some reason also took an iron supplement.  Every withdrawl symptoms is back in full force, but now with really bad body pressure.  The numbness got better for a while and then got worse again.  It's like pssd all over my body.  I really don't believe I'll recover.  I took a pill my dr prescribed for a few months.  6 months off of it.  I just don't understand why me? I have two little kids.  I volunteered for everything I was asked to do.  I really feel like I'm disabled and my life is over.  

Lexapro

October 30-off

21 minutes ago, Farm24 said:

Had a good couple of days. My dr said I was low on iron. So I took my multi vitamin and then for some reason also took an iron supplement.  Every withdrawl symptoms is back in full force, but now with really bad body pressure.  The numbness got better for a while and then got worse again.  It's like pssd all over my body.  I really don't believe I'll recover.  I took a pill my dr prescribed for a few months.  6 months off of it.  I just don't understand why me? I have two little kids.  I volunteered for everything I was asked to do.  I really feel like I'm disabled and my life is over.  

Dear Farm24,

Your life is definitely not over. Give it another year and you will feel much much better trust me. I was a lot worse last year but I made significant improvements and I feel much better now.

Although my muscles symptoms are still there, they are a much better intensity wise.

❤️

@Farm24 your life is definitely not over.  You will heal.  Just be careful about what you put in your body.  Try natural things first like eating lots of red meat if your iron is low.  I've heard that multi vitamins can be very activating during withdrawal.   Just 3 months ago I felt like I'd never heal but over the past month and a half I've felt almost 100%.  I changed my diet to mostly meat and I also eat things like avacados,  pumpkin seeds, eggs, yogurt and raw saurkraut.   I've cut our all sugars, grains and seed oils.  It sounds extreme but I feel sooooooooo much better.   You'll get there too.  It's a very slow process but you will heal.  I promise.   Message me anytime. 

October 31 2022- Off

5 hours ago, Farm24 said:

I took my multi vitamin and then for some reason also took an iron supplement.  Every withdrawl symptoms is back in full force, but now with really bad body pressure.  The numbness got better for a while and then got worse again.  It's like pssd all over my body.  I really don't believe I'll recover.  I took a pill my dr prescribed for a few months.  6 months off of it.  I just don't understand why me? I have two little kids.  I volunteered for everything I was asked to do.  I really feel like I'm disabled and my life is over.  

Hi @Farm24- I'm new here, and just getting caught up on your story.  I seem to have very similar extreme sensitivity to any medication or supplement changes I make- I had a terrible reaction to antibiotics in January, and find I can't even take Advil anymore without some weird side effect.  I really feel your pain- you just never know if your next move will be a setback.  It's really, really HARD. 

But I'm an optimist at heart... I choose to believe that we will all heal.  You WILL heal!  I agree with @Walleebug- treat your body and mind right with healthy foods, lots of hydration, mild to moderate exercise when tolerated.  Don't smoke, drink alcohol, etc.  It helps!

Mentally, I've found it helpful to just stop when I start to ruminate about how rough this all is, and just be in the moment.  It's ok to not be ok right now, and it's ok to feel crappy and hopeless.  It's a normal way to feel under the circumstances. Take it one minute at a time, because a moment after you feel this way, you might feel better.  Keep the hope alive.  I try to keep looking forward rather than looking back- it's way too easy to get into beating yourself up about the decision to start these drugs if you're looking backwards.  The future will be better!   Hang in there! ❤️‍🩹

1995- 2007- On and off multiple antidepressants (Prozac, Paxil, Effexor, Wellbutrin, escitalopram). Memory poor- can’t remember dates. Always tapered fast or CT.  2007- tapered Wellbutrin and escitalopram to get pregnant.

2009- Daughter born 🥰

2016- Back on escitalopram

2022- Diagnosed with long covid 08/22.

2023- 01/23- Long term disability approved for long covid.  Started taper under MD advice from 20mg: 11/23- 15mg. 2024- 03/24-10mg. Started low dose naltrexone for long covid-5mg- terrible reaction, reduced to 0.5mg.  04/24- 10mg escitalopram, 1.0mg LDN.