Kaylaq: Venlafaxine withdrawal & the despair, stuck in limbo

Hi, how have you been lately?

I was just wondering.

:)

Had an immediate adverse reaction from the first two doses.

9/22 Agotine 25mg, Abilify 1mg, Topiramate 25mg

9/26 Agotine 50mg, Abilify 2mg, Topiramate 50mg

10/12 Agotine 50mg, Abilify 2mg, Risperidone 0.5mg, Topiramate 50mg

10/20 Agotine 50mg, Abilify 3mg, Topiramate 50mg, Risperidone 0.5mg 1/2

10/23 Agotine 50mg, Abilify 3mg, Topiramate 50mg

10/30 Agotine 25mg, Abilify 1mg, Topiramate 25mg - Cold turkey after this

11/13 Abilify 1mg, Escitalopram 5mg - Only single dose

Not so good! Having my own intense waves, the shakes, my brain just fills my head with so much negativity!  I live on 4 hrs of sleep, I live with constant fear, that this will never end…. Just can’t focus on anything….bouncing off the walls….

how does anyone survive this????? 

On Venlafaxine for 30 years, 150mg

2018 first tapered, over 2 months, horrible crashed, reinstated 3 months later

February 2023, tapering again, every 4 weeks reduced by 50%  150mg down to 37:5mg 

June 2023, from 37.5, broke open capsule, started tapering by one bead at a time every 2 weeks 

August, 2023 stopped last bead. 
Nov, 2023, started Saint John Wort, 600mg, 3x a day = 1800mg  -

reduced 1 capsules 300mg on Feb 15, 2024

Supplements, 

magnesium bisglycinate, B complex, multivitamin, Omega 3 complex, Vitamin D3, digestive enzymes

also, use L-Theanine, occasionally natural GABA,  - stopped this in Jan 2024

For H.Pylori- Manuka Honey, 850mgo, Mastica Chios gum, Kefir, & probiotics 

3 hours ago, Kaylaq said:

how does anyone survive this?????

Because there is no other option.

Considering you are 6 months off 30 years of venlafaxine, after a fast taper, I'd say you are doing pretty well. The first year is always the worst, eventually you should transition to a windows and waves pattern. Reinstatement is always an option, and depends on how dysfunctional you are, and your requirement to be functional.

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Failed taper attempt (50 -> 49) - Jan 2024; Second attempt to start taper - 17 Feb 2024

Current dose: 48.9mg (Feb 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil

On 2/21/2024 at 5:27 PM, Kaylaq said:

I find difficult to find my own posting timeline, there should be an easier way to bring up my topic so I can update and post…it’s probably me that can’t figure this out…I have to go and find past posting through search… what am I doing wrong? 

If you hover over "Activity" at the top of the page, and then select "Content I Started". You should see your topic.

Screenshot(130).thumb.png.dc49a7afac7d7b6f2904db6f883a55f6.png

Screenshot(131).thumb.png.86d2bd7be149a60b48bc31e74a04b5c2.png

Alternatively just save your topic page as a bookmark/favourite on your computer or mobile.

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Failed taper attempt (50 -> 49) - Jan 2024; Second attempt to start taper - 17 Feb 2024

Current dose: 48.9mg (Feb 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil

Thank you Erimus,  for the help in finding my content.  Also, I think the only reason I’m somewhat surviving this process is because I’m on Saint John’s Wort, it keeps the “suicidal thoughts” at bay, before that kicked in, I was crying all day or on the floor screaming.  

I think of reinstating all the time, but I’m so afraid of worse reactions as I have read around here that doesn’t work well when being off this long…. No where to turn but here… 

February 2023, tapering again, every 4 weeks reduced by 50%  150mg down to 37:5mg 

June 2023, from 37.5, broke open capsule, started tapering by one bead at a time every 2 weeks 

Supplements, 

magnesium bisglycinate, B complex, multivitamin, Omega 3 complex, Vitamin D3, digestive enzymes

I can truly relate to every word you have said.

You're not alone in this pain, and for me, something does seem to change over time.

I'm not having a good day today, rather the contrary, but these days I do feel certain peace and hope within time.

And I truly believe it will happen for you as well.

I thank you for all the kind words you have shared with me.

Stay strong.

If you have read my new post, you must know that I am not actually feeling very good right now...

But I did see some real improvements. It happened while I wasn't even being aware of it.

Once some healing happens, you forget about all the painful past you've been through.

Although it all slightly comes back when the bad days begin... But there still is a change. Something I could have never believed.

I am glad that Saint John's Wort is helping you at this moment. Just be careful... I've gone really wrong with supplements few times, so now I am very afraid of taking them.
Nevertheless, as much as the good change has been happening to me, it will happen to you as well.

I find it very difficult to write anything now because I don't really feel any emotional connection to people...

But the good thing was really there. 

I never knew I would say this... but hold on! :)

Hi Kaylaq,
Our story are pretty similar. I took Venlafaxine for 29 years, and I tapered it off in six month last year, starting from 112.5mg. I had bad times during the withdrawal, but the worst came after. At the beginning of Aug 2023, I took my last pill of 37.5mg. I was rather well, and super-happy to get rid off this drug. Around mid-2023, I started taper off pramipexole, a dopamine-agonist prescribed 3 years ago by my neurologist to treat a restless legs syndrome ... probably triggered by the long-term use of Venlafaxine. All went fine until early Sep 2023. Then I started to have severe restless legs, extreme anxiety, dark depression, tremors, nausea, etc. I had to be hospitalized in Oct 2023. At the hospital, they stopped cold turkey my pramipexole, which put me into the highest level of anxiety and depression all day long. One week later, I was again hospitalized. They put me on benzos (alprazolam & clonazepan), opioid (tradonal), back on a dopamine-agonist in patch form (rotigotine), and a gabapentenoid (pregabaline). This awful cocktail stabilized me a bit, but since then I still have deep depression crises, extreme anxiety crises, tremors, neurological pain crises, spasms, tinnitus, etc. In fact, since two weeks ago, I have these crises every day. My anxiety and depressive thoughts are over the top. I sometimes end up screaming on the floor, because of the physical or psychological pain. I was hospitalized again, and basically there is nothing they can do for me. My neurologist told me that my serotine, noradrelanine, and dopamine systems are all in bad shape. I'm still tapering off dopamine agonist, so things could get even worst. I never imagined I could suffer so much. I can't work anymore (I'm 50), I can't take care of my 12-yr kid anymore (I'm divorced). My girlfriend is super-supportive but exhausted to see me in such a state every day. I often think that she should leave me and find someone that can make her happy. My parents and my 28yr-old daugther are sad for me but don't know how to help me. I'm afraid to become crazy, to take my life, or to end up in a rest house crying all day. Every days is a fight. I want to believe the story that my brain will heal, that I will be fine again, but it's SO hard to believe it.

1994 to Feb 2023: under Venlafaxine XL with doses ranging from 37.5mg to 225mg
2019: diagnosed with restless legs syndrome (RLS) likely due to the long-term use of Venlafaxine.
2020-2021 - RLS treate by Sifrol (pramipexol, a dopamine agonist) 0.18 mg. Sifrol dose increased to 0.36mg in 2021.
2022 - pramipexol replaced by Mirapexin 0.26mg (= pramipexol extended release form)
Feb - Aug 2023 - Tapering off Venlafaxine 112.5mg to 0 from Feb to August.

Sep 2023: Tapering off Mirapexin (0.26 -> 0.13mg) -> A few days later, start of strong withdrawal symptoms.

Oct 2023: moving to Sifrol 0.18mg + tramadol 50mg. Still severe withdrawal symptoms. Cold turkey stop of dopamine agonist at the hospital -> extreme withdrawal symptoms (DAWS syndrom).

Nov 2023: Put back on dopamine agonist (rotigotine 2mg) + pregabalin 300mg + alprazolam 0.75mg + tradonal retard 100mg + clonazepam 0.5mg

Since Dec 2023: slowly tapering off my drugs, -0.2mg rotigotine and -0.125mg alprazolam per month.

Now (March 2024): 1.2mg rotigotine, 0.125mg alprazolam, 300mg pregabaline, 100mg tradonal retard, 0.5mg clonazepam.
Goal: 0mg alprazolam in Apr, 0mg rotigotine in Sep, 0mg clonazepan and tradonal in Dec. Could keep pregabaline for RLS if needed, or could use dipyrimadole instead.

Hello, nice to hear from you….I’m so sorry to hear about your WD, yes, it’s a nasty road for us to be on, … when I think of reinstating I get so scared because I don’t want to go to a doctor and have them give me something else, that might make my system worse, so I’m trying to ride this out, praying it doesn’t get worse…  I used to get restless leg syndrome a lot,  never would have thought to relate it to the meds!  I pray I can survive this…. 

I send you strength, courage and love to live another day! 🙏🏻🙏🏻😊😊

Supplements, 

Thanks a lot. I also pray I can survive this, and you too. Good luck to us both 🤞

2019: diagnosed with restless legs syndrome (RLS) likely due to the long-term use of Venlafaxine.
2020-2021 - RLS treate by Sifrol (pramipexol, a dopamine agonist) 0.18 mg. Sifrol dose increased to 0.36mg in 2021.
2022 - pramipexol replaced by Mirapexin 0.26mg (= pramipexol extended release form)

Sep 2023: Tapering off Mirapexin (0.26 -> 0.13mg) -> A few days later, start of strong withdrawal symptoms.

Oct 2023: moving to Sifrol 0.18mg + tramadol 50mg. Still severe withdrawal symptoms. Cold turkey stop of dopamine agonist at the hospital -> extreme withdrawal symptoms (DAWS syndrom).

Nov 2023: Put back on dopamine agonist (rotigotine 2mg) + pregabalin 300mg + alprazolam 0.75mg + tradonal retard 100mg + clonazepam 0.5mg

Since Dec 2023: slowly tapering off my drugs, -0.2mg rotigotine and -0.125mg alprazolam per month.

Now (March 2024): 1.2mg rotigotine, 0.125mg alprazolam, 300mg pregabaline, 100mg tradonal retard, 0.5mg clonazepam.
Goal: 0mg alprazolam in Apr, 0mg rotigotine in Sep, 0mg clonazepan and tradonal in Dec. Could keep pregabaline for RLS if needed, or could use dipyrimadole instead.

My heart goes to you both. ❤️‍🩹

Kailee, Thank you, 🙏🏻 😊 

Supplements, 

I realized something as I look for ways to help my brain heal, … the brain is always rewiring itself,  I think of what does the brain do if it doesn’t have the same brain to return to, the one that was built with meds, what is its reference point of homeostasis? So realized there is no going back to who we were, there is only rebuilding, ….. you have to rebuild your brain, … so think of what you want your brain to see, hear, and know from you from now on.  

I’m being very careful of what I focus on each moment, filling my time with good images, as this is what the brain records!   I watch a lot of nature videos and look at images of beautiful art, listen to “affirmation videos” practice giving thanks for everything little thing that crosses my path… I stay away from movies with too much violence in them, (doesn’t leave for many other choices lol) trying to give my brain as many positive images, words and compassion as I can!  I’m hoping it will influence to make the waves less intense, and less devastating on my system. (Easier said that done of course, as the Nero-emotion feels like reality) 

anyways, just wanted to share my thoughts of what I do when I have a few hours of being in a window! 

Supplements, 

On 2/28/2024 at 10:46 PM, Mikatrap said:

Hi Kaylaq,
Our story are pretty similar. I took Venlafaxine for 29 years, and I tapered it off in six month last year, starting from 112.5mg. I had bad times during the withdrawal, but the worst came after. At the beginning of Aug 2023, I took my last pill of 37.5mg. I was rather well, and super-happy to get rid off this drug. Around mid-2023, I started taper off pramipexole, a dopamine-agonist prescribed 3 years ago by my neurologist to treat a restless legs syndrome ... probably triggered by the long-term use of Venlafaxine. All went fine until early Sep 2023. Then I started to have severe restless legs, extreme anxiety, dark depression, tremors, nausea, etc. I had to be hospitalized in Oct 2023. At the hospital, they stopped cold turkey my pramipexole, which put me into the highest level of anxiety and depression all day long. One week later, I was again hospitalized. They put me on benzos (alprazolam & clonazepan), opioid (tradonal), back on a dopamine-agonist in patch form (rotigotine), and a gabapentenoid (pregabaline). This awful cocktail stabilized me a bit, but since then I still have deep depression crises, extreme anxiety crises, tremors, neurological pain crises, spasms, tinnitus, etc. In fact, since two weeks ago, I have these crises every day. My anxiety and depressive thoughts are over the top. I sometimes end up screaming on the floor, because of the physical or psychological pain. I was hospitalized again, and basically there is nothing they can do for me. My neurologist told me that my serotine, noradrelanine, and dopamine systems are all in bad shape. I'm still tapering off dopamine agonist, so things could get even worst. I never imagined I could suffer so much. I can't work anymore (I'm 50), I can't take care of my 12-yr kid anymore (I'm divorced). My girlfriend is super-supportive but exhausted to see me in such a state every day. I often think that she should leave me and find someone that can make her happy. My parents and my 28yr-old daugther are sad for me but don't know how to help me. I'm afraid to become crazy, to take my life, or to end up in a rest house crying all day. Every days is a fight. I want to believe the story that my brain will heal, that I will be fine again, but it's SO hard to believe it.

Hi Mikatrap,

I read your post and it felt so similar in so many ways, despite varying symptoms. Even our timeline is similar with the final peak in 2023. Your symptoms are worse in some ways and and better in others, than mine. It's not a competition to be sure. I refused hospitalisation. I was not going to put the "sticky plaster" of AD back onto my wounded CNS. It was the best worst decision of my life. i was so clueless I didn't even know about WD (ADS/AWS) at the time I was going through it. I can honestly say, I am steadily getting better. I have a very long road still ahead of me, but I can work a bit again.

The one key thing I feel I can share and hope that it will be of value to you is to have a lie-down a couple of times a day. I have found that when my mood shifts for the worse, it really is like me being "a baby". I need my "nap". Of course there is no sleep when I take a 20-45 minute lie-down, but the rest for the brain really does help me very noticeably. I darken the room, and just rest my eyes as if to sleep, but we know sleep is a precious rare commodity. Even so, my brain and mood improves after the lie-down.

I can also be completely truthful in stating that getting through what you are describing for me was "the worst". Not having the AD in my system anymore, finally has been leading to true healing despite the severity of the ordeal and the slowness of the recovery.

I also found that listening to an "Ocean Waves" track on repeat all day helps keep my mind calm. My mind is easily "jiggled" and the "little tricks" have been helping me a lot.

Just hang in there. It does get better.

~Sent with love, wrapped in kindness.
🌷

(Signature last updated 20 Feb 2024.)

1996–2016 “Everything else”, including Fluoxetine, Enalapril 10mg.
2009 Paused meds for 2 months.
2016 Venlafaxine 150mg, Lithium 400mg, Bupropion (?mg), Olanzapine 5mg, Enalapril 10mg.
2019 Venlafaxine 150mg, Lithium 1,000mg, Bupropion (?mg), Olanzapine 5mg, Enalapril 10mg. Quetiapine 200mg (sporadic).
2023 Venlafaxine 6 week taper at 75mg from Jun 1. Untapered: Bupropion (?mg), Olanzapine 5mg, Enalapril 10mg. Quetiapine 200mg (sporadic).
2023 Enalapril 10mg from Jul 13. Quetiapine 200mg (sporadic).
2023 Benzodiazepine 30mg from Nov 20 to Dec 31 (5 sporadic doses). Enalapril 10mg. Quetiapine 200mg (sporadic).
2024 Benzodiazepine 30mg from Jan 1 to Feb 9 (5 sporadic doses). Enalapril 10mg. Quetiapine 200mg (sporadic).
2024 0.00mg AD. (9 Feb 2024)
Non-AD Meds: Enalapril 10mg (Ongoing, for blood pressure), Quetiapine 200mg (Stopped Feb 10).

Supplements detailed snapshot can be found here (as at 14 Feb 2024)

@Mikatrap it’s a nasty ride for sure!! 

Supplements, 

7 hours ago, Kaylaq said:

@Mikatrap it’s a nasty ride for sure!! 

Yes, it is. Nevertheless, I would like to bring some positivity to my previous post. I wrote this post in full dopamine-agonist withdrawal syndrom (DAWS) crisis. When I'm in the midst of such a crisis -every month, each time I decrease my dose of dopamine agonist- I suffer a lot physically, but I'm also overwhelmed by negativity and anxiety. Reading it back, I realize that this post was far from being encouraging or supportive to you. Sorry for that. Now, I'm feeling better, and I can work again, I can take care of my son again, and I don't suffer that much anymore. Yes, everyday is a challenge, but if I look the global evolution of my condition from my complete WD of venlafaxine + the start of my WD of dopamine-agonists to now, I see some clear improvements. Each month, I have good windows that can last up to ten days. And, unlike you, I'm still tapering off from drugs. My WD of dopamine agonists (+ opioids, benzos, and gabapentenoids) is not completed yet. 
All this to say that things will eventually go better for you. The human brain can heal from 30 years of venlafaxine. Mine is healing from it, and yours too. Just hang on!

Thank you for this posting, I’m in a wave for a bit, and the neuro-emotional ride & with depression gets so intense and real. I feel like this is going to be the rest of my life. I lost so much from this choice to quit and am still struggling with forgiveness for myself!

encouragement from others really helps, so good to hear windows that can last days are coming! 🙏🙏 

Supplements, 

4 hours ago, Kaylaq said:

Thank you for this posting, I’m in a wave for a bit, and the neuro-emotional ride & with depression gets so intense and real. I feel like this is going to be the rest of my life. I lost so much from this choice to quit and am still struggling with forgiveness for myself!

encouragement from others really helps, so good to hear windows that can last days are coming! 🙏🙏 

This won’t be for the rest of your life. The long-term use of Venlafaxine has forced your brain to produce less serotonin and noradrenaline neurotransmitters and less of their  postsynaptic receptors. Now, Venlafaxine is gone and this lack of neurotransmitters and receptors is causing your symptoms. But as these symptoms show, your brain knows very well that it is now out of balance, and that it has to produce more of these two neurotransmitters and their receptors. And it is doing it, slowly but surely. Your windows will get longer and longer, and at some point, the rest of your life will be an uninterrupted window. And this point will happen sooner if you fight the symptoms as hard as you can with resilience, rest, optimism, good times, and an absolute determination.

You did well stopping this drug. There are more and more studies demonstrating a correlation between dementia and the long-term use of AD. 

You are clearly a brave person. You will win this fight! 

@Mikatrap thank you for your words of encouragement, it helps a lot. Before I went off AD, my life wasn’t so bad, yes, I slept a lot more than the average person, and still had bouts of depression, especially in winter time, brain fog, but I didn’t suffer horrible side effects like so many others have, I could function and create a lifestyle. Going off the AD has destroyed the life I had, so that is the hardest part for me, the loss of lifestyle and now these horrible waves, constant anxiety, fear and physical symptoms….I’m 64, and to be going through this suffering at this stage in my life sucks,  I still have to consider myself lucky as being on Saint John’s Wort, keeps the suicidal ideation at bay, but I will probably have to taper that eventually.  How don’t know how so many do this, there is some real courage among people here.  If it was any worse, I would probably reinstate.  I would like to help my brain better produce the neurotransmitters it needs, but that is beyond my comprehension. 

anyways, thank you for your input, it really helps!!! 😊  

Supplements, 

I an in a similar situation. My life is completely ruined since I stopped zoloft completely. Can't work. I don't know if I will survive this. It pulses through my whole body and I don't function. Waking up at night from pressure in the head. I don't recognize myself as who I was. I'm trying to stay calm but scared. I want to reinstall and get better as you said but I don't dare as it's been a while and the WD has already broken loose. Take care! 🙏

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

2022 May - 62,5mg (doctor wanted to increase). Felt sick, went back to 50mg efter 2 weeks

2022 Oct - Reducing dose to 37,5mg (from 50mg). WD in few days, advised to go back to 50 - I then got adverse worse paradoxical effect

2022 Oct - Zoloft 50mg severe side effects/adverse reaction

2023 May 5th - Reducing dose to 25mg (directly from 50mg by Dr, WD).

2023 Aug 1st - Reducing dose to 12,5mg 

2023 Oct 10th - Removed dose from 12mg to zero by Dr. Tried reinstate citalopram after 3 months didnt work bad reaction. In Terrible WD.

Use melatonin 4mg. Lergigan 5mg. Omega 3, D-vitamin, magnesium glycinate, zink.

To those that are suffering too much from the WD, to the point that you can’t work anymore and could lose your job, or even consider taking your life to stop this torture there is always the option of resinstalling the drug, stabilising, and then starting a slower and well-planned tapering off following the guidelines of this book:  https://www.amazon.com/Maudsley-Guidelines-prescribing-Prescribing/dp/111982298X

There is no shame in going back to take a better jump forward ! 

I have a question, I’ve seen “kindling” in several posts.  What exactly is “kindling” ??? 

Supplements, 

This link will take you to the thread on kindling.

Hypersensitivity and Kindling

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

Thank you 😊 

Supplements, 

I experienced my first window on Friday, the most normal I have felt in over a year… it made me feel hopeful, ….of course, now back to the usual head pain, anxiety, depression, and fear, always so much fear of moving forward, … can’t make a commitment to any plans cause afraid of a wave taking over…so worried I’ll wake up one morning with even worse symptoms, …too much time on my hands, but can’t sit still long enough to focus on anything, …

Supplements, 

@Kaylaq just read over your thread. So proud of you for getting this far. It's not an easy road for sure. 

Guess we live in the same neck of the woods. ❤️

I wanted to mention @KenA on here. He dealt with tapering off SJW and maybe reading his story could give some insight. 

I wondered if you ever read or listened to Claire Weekes. Her stuff really resonated with me. 

Trying to accept, face and physically relax yourself then letting time heal. 

20 yr+ Paroxetine/ Dec2018-May 2022 20 mg/ May 2022 30mg/2022.07.28-2022.08.24 30mg to 0mg/ August 24-29 2022 10mg Prozac/2022.11.28-2022.12.04- 5mg Paroxetine/Dec 5&6/22 10mg Paroxetine/ Dec 8&9/22 10mg Prozac/ 2022.12.07 to 2023.07.01 5mg Paroxetine

TAPER 23.07.02-58mgpw/4.9mgai/ 23.07.21-4.8 mg/23.07.28-4.73 mg/23.08.04-4.65 mg/21.09.23-4.58 mg/27.10.23-4.56 mg/5.12.23-4.54 mg/2.1.24-4.52 mg/9.1.24-4.51 mg/17.1.24-4.49 mg/26.1.24-4.47 mg/6.2.24-4.46 mg/19.2.24-4.44mg /4.4.24-4.43mg/28.4.24-4.4mg/

8am-probiotics/9am-paroxetine, 200mg mag bisglycinate/ 1000mg Vitamin D/noon-1000 mg algae oil (500mg DHA/10mg EPA/620mg Omega 3)/5pm-75 mg DGL/200mg calcium citrate/8pm-.25 mg melatonin

"... your strength will be in keeping calm..."-Isaiah 30:15

I am not a medical professional just your peer. The suggestions I give are based on personal experience and/or the well documented experience of others.

It is so good to hear that you had your first window.

Congratulations, @Kaylaq! I am so happy for you.

I know the feeling of going back into waves after having a window. It sucks. But it will come back for sure.

@LostInCanada @KaiLee thank you for input, it means so much to me when I get positive encouragement! 

@LostInCanada I’m in BC, what province are you living in. 

Supplements, 

28 minutes ago, Kaylaq said:

what province are you living in. 

I am just across the strait in Victoria BC. My doctor is from Nfld and he is shocked at how many here, including young people, are on ADs. How has your doctor been through all this?

20 yr+ Paroxetine/ Dec2018-May 2022 20 mg/ May 2022 30mg/2022.07.28-2022.08.24 30mg to 0mg/ August 24-29 2022 10mg Prozac/2022.11.28-2022.12.04- 5mg Paroxetine/Dec 5&6/22 10mg Paroxetine/ Dec 8&9/22 10mg Prozac/ 2022.12.07 to 2023.07.01 5mg Paroxetine

TAPER 23.07.02-58mgpw/4.9mgai/ 23.07.21-4.8 mg/23.07.28-4.73 mg/23.08.04-4.65 mg/21.09.23-4.58 mg/27.10.23-4.56 mg/5.12.23-4.54 mg/2.1.24-4.52 mg/9.1.24-4.51 mg/17.1.24-4.49 mg/26.1.24-4.47 mg/6.2.24-4.46 mg/19.2.24-4.44mg /4.4.24-4.43mg/28.4.24-4.4mg/

8am-probiotics/9am-paroxetine, 200mg mag bisglycinate/ 1000mg Vitamin D/noon-1000 mg algae oil (500mg DHA/10mg EPA/620mg Omega 3)/5pm-75 mg DGL/200mg calcium citrate/8pm-.25 mg melatonin

I am not a medical professional just your peer. The suggestions I give are based on personal experience and/or the well documented experience of others.

Just out of curiosity, are John Candy's movies well-known among Canadians? I've been watching them a lot, and they have brought me a great deal of comfort.

@LostInCanada sorry it took me so long to reply, …was in a bad wave for a couple of days (this is probably the only place that understands what that means, 🤪🤪

beautiful place to live in Victoria, I love the island. I’m in Burnaby city now after living in the Fraser Valley for over 10 years! Really struggling with being in the city, it’s toxic to my healing….

I don’t have a doctor to watch over me, and the last one I had just refilled the prescription when I needed! 
i did check out Claire Weekes, thank you 😊

Supplements, 

@KaiLee yes, John Candy is well known and liked, he was a great actor! 

so sorry your struggles are so difficult! Keep up with the distractions 💕😊😊🙏🙏

Supplements, 

I want to keep a record of these thoughts here that I have been sharing with others in their different posts! To be able to review how I think and feel during window days. 

Lately, I don’t think it’s about recovering something from the past, as that is no longer who we are, we can only create a new perspective, a new persona, a new way of being.  Who do we want to be moving forward?  The energy source that is everything, this planet and everything on it is always moving forward, always creating anew, everything has a dying period then new growth comes forward, and is different then before! 
so I have been trying to change my perspective to a future self, not my old self, … thinking about who do I want to become now! How can I forgive the past, let it go, leave it to God,….start a new life, a new me, a new way of moving forward. 

anyways, these are my thoughts lately during the window days, I can’t fix the past, can’t change it no matter what, the anger, the pain, the regret, it just makes me feel worse. Where do I have a choice?? It’s in the now, in this moment, in this day, is only where I can make a difference for myself, for my future life. I have to rebuild, so what do I want to build now! 

Supplements, 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mentor

Hello!  Just wanted to pop in and see how you are doing today.  I've been doing okay, just going very slow with my taper.  

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2005-present:  Trazodone 50 mg 

2017:  Effexor XR 37.5 >> 75 mg 

2020 (March):  Began 10% monthly taper of Effexor XR (got down to 12 mg)

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)

Reasons for starting psych meds:  PMDD/Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Other medications:  Levothyroxine 75 mcg

Supplements:  Dr. Berg's Electrolyte Powder on occasion   

Hi 👋🏻 good to hear your doing okay 👍🏻 I’m struggling with what to do with myself during a few hours of a window, I got so used to wandering around in fear, shakes, head pain, ect, that when I do feel a bit better I don’t know what to start with 😝🤪🤪 

Supplements, 

6 minutes ago, Kaylaq said:

when I do feel a bit better I don’t know what to start with

Lol... just don't overdo it. That is my problem and then I pay for it. 

Breathe and enjoy. You don't have to do anything. 😊