WinningThrough: Does it get better?

WinningThrough

Thanks for your kind words, Joanna. :-)

Yes, the lady on the akathisia blog had it for about six months straight, and then some recovery after that.

I feel kind of bad about what I just wrote on my thread. I was writing how I was feeling without really thinking. Reading it now, it looks as if I'm having a go at people who have said I'm about the worst they had found and I didn't mean it to come across like that. I'm worried they could read it and be upset. It's just that deep down, I know I'm really very sick indeed and I am very frightened about the severity of it. So people have only said what I already know. They've just stated whats already in my head, and it's made me highly aware of my situation. People have come to me because they are scared and relieved to find someone else like them. They would never have meant to scare me, I know this. They were just reaching out to someone else who was in a similar situation and they were looking for hope. I'm not sure how helpful I am, being as sick as I am! I wish I could turn a corner for others as well as for myself!

I'm sure there are many like me (although I hope not for their sake) who either don't post on forums or don't realise it's the drugs making them sick.

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WinningThrough

• LoveandLight

• luv2knit

• Pugknows

Top Posters In This Topic

You have been a great support to me. Thank you x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

And you have to me too :-) x

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - med free

Thanks for your kind words, Joanna. :-)

Yes, the lady on the akathisia blog had it for about six months straight, and then some recovery after that.

I feel kind of bad about what I just wrote on my thread. I was writing how I was feeling without really thinking. Reading it now, it looks as if I'm having a go at people who have said I'm about the worst they had found and I didn't mean it to come across like that. I'm worried they could read it and be upset. It's just that deep down, I know I'm really very sick indeed and I am very frightened about the severity of it. So people have only said what I already know. They've just stated whats already in my head, and it's made me highly aware of my situation. People have come to me because they are scared and relieved to find someone else like them. They would never have meant to scare me, I know this. They were just reaching out to someone else who was in a similar situation and they were looking for hope. I'm not sure how helpful I am, being as sick as I am! I wish I could turn a corner for others as well as for myself!

I'm sure there are many like me (although I hope not for their sake) who either don't post on forums or don't realise it's the drugs making them sick.

Hi there,

I just wanted you to know, you are not the worst I've ever heard of. But, you and I do share many similarities. My drug history is different from yours, but I have had askasthia to some which has caused several nights of complete insomnia. I feel your pain. I am five months away from AD WD, I got stuck on a small dose if Ativan, because I was tapering when the disaster happened. Also, like you, my story was going on much before the AD WD, I was destabilized in Feb of this year. I know I'm only 5 months into this, but it would be easier to take if it were only truly 5 months, not 10, and honestly, even longer than that drug was giving me nasty effects.

Just wanted to say hi.

I'm sorry you are suffering. I don't really know what to say. But I'm sorry for you. I wish they could have a place for people like us, and we could all just live together in the same place until we got better. Being around healthy people right now is painful. I'm not sure if you ever feel that way.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thank you JDM :-)

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear you are suffering like this, I really am.

You sound similar to me..I am also 5 months off, but have had 8 months of acute withdrawal and now almost 15 months of non stop akathisia. Fun, fun, fun!

I know what you mean when you say you wish it had only been 5 months! I do too. I wish it had just been 5 months and I hadn't had it all before then.

I've thought so many times that I wish there was a place where we could all be to get though this. I wish there was a place where the people who worked there recognised and understood what we were going through. Nothing would be expected of us while we recovered. We would have people looking after us and encouraging us every day. We would be given healthy food. The place would be clean and tidy and we wouldn't have to do any of that stuff. We would have people saying positive affirmations and assuring us that we would heal. The place would be peaceful, light, clean and nothing like a psych hospital. We would be treated with respect and consideration and recognised for the heroes that we are. We wouldn't be expected to do things that we couldn't manage. We wouldn't be force fed drugs. Then when we recovered, we would be heavily compensated for all our losses and apologised to. Our plight would be on the news and then people would believe us and sympathise with us. Doesn't sound like too much to ask, eh???!!! Lol. We should be so lucky.

Being around 'normal' people is so hard. If a friend ever comes over, I have to clean and tidy the house and it destroys me. Then I have to bath and dress and make myself look presentable. This also kills me. Then I try to talk about normal stuff and the friend thinks I'm recovered when I'm not. I think about all the things I would have talked to them about if I felt normal and the way I would have responded. I hear about all the things they've been doing and remember when I used to do them too. If I go out of the house, I feel like half of my brain is missing. I'm living without a soul. I think so many of us feel like this.

Thank you for your kind words. I wish you didn't have to go through this.

29 June 2014 - med free

Thank you JDM :-)

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear you are suffering like this, I really am.

You sound similar to me..I am also 5 months off, but have had 8 months of acute withdrawal and now almost 15 months of non stop akathisia. Fun, fun, fun!

I know what you mean when you say you wish it had only been 5 months! I do too. I wish it had just been 5 months and I hadn't had it all before then.

I've thought so many times that I wish there was a place where we could all be to get though this. I wish there was a place where the people who worked there recognised and understood what we were going through. Nothing would be expected of us while we recovered. We would have people looking after us and encouraging us every day. We would be given healthy food. The place would be clean and tidy and we wouldn't have to do any of that stuff. We would have people saying positive affirmations and assuring us that we would heal. The place would be peaceful, light, clean and nothing like a psych hospital. We would be treated with respect and consideration and recognised for the heroes that we are. We wouldn't be expected to do things that we couldn't manage. We wouldn't be force fed drugs. Then when we recovered, we would be heavily compensated for all our losses and apologised to. Our plight would be on the news and then people would believe us and sympathise with us. Doesn't sound like too much to ask, eh???!!! Lol. We should be so lucky.

Being around 'normal' people is so hard. If a friend ever comes over, I have to clean and tidy the house and it destroys me. Then I have to bath and dress and make myself look presentable. This also kills me. Then I try to talk about normal stuff and the friend thinks I'm recovered when I'm not. I think about all the things I would have talked to them about if I felt normal and the way I would have responded. I hear about all the things they've been doing and remember when I used to do them too. If I go out of the house, I feel like half of my brain is missing. I'm living without a soul. I think so many of us feel like this.

Thank you for your kind words. I wish you didn't have to go through this.

Me too. I actually had a decent nights sleep night before last, but discovered I had a cavity, from the months of being too anxious and depressed to even brush my teeth. So I had to get it filled and they had to numb me. And I spent all night rolling around and tossing in bed. I think I got 1 hour maybe.

So, who knows how long it will take this to clear up. I like your description of the place we could all be together. I want to go now. :)

How is your sleep? How many hours do you get?

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Gosh, I don't clean my teeth a lot either! I only do them at night now. My gums bleed like crazy so I need to look after them better because getting to the dentist and sitting still in the dentists chair would be a nightmare. I'm sorry about your tooth. :-(

I feel really bad saying this but I do actually sleep. I feel really guilty about that because you don't sleep, nor do so many others. I've sort of taught myself to do it, somehow. I know that sounds weird. I wake a few times in the night and it takes me a while to get back to sleep. I quite often wake at 4 or 5 and stay awake for a couple of hours. Then sleep some more. The last couple of weeks or so, I've been going back to sleep after my boyfriend leaves, about 8.15, and sleeping until 10.15. I don't know how long that will last.

29 June 2014 - med free

Well, you are fortunate indeed. I've had nights of complete insomnia. It is very very difficult to be up in the middle of the night like that alone.

The thing is, my nerves sometimes are so sensitive that when my body begins to settle, and an arm hair brushes my sheet, it jolts me awake. And my body feels floaty, like its never heavy enough to go to sleep. It was getting better, but the trip to the dentist set me back.

I can sit still if my mind is occupied. Maybe that's not even akathasia. I don't know what it is, restlessness, but it is not fun. I get crawly sensations on my skin, and it burns on my thights and back of my arms.

I pray for God to settle my body, and I know He has helped me. I wish He would take this burden.

But, ya, our time spent in this state is very similar, I couldn't believe it.

I thought I could never sit at the dentist, but I had no choice. I had to. You could to if you had to. But, brush your teeth. :) so you don't have to go. Lol I was completely out of it when I didn't, I went for days, it was awful.

Be grateful you sleep, I'm telling you, if I could count on it, I would go outside and kiss the pavement. I'm glad u get that relief at least.

I haven't gone back to the beginning of your thread, but didn't you feel relatively good about two months ago...? I think it was you I was reading....I remember the propanol rash. :(

I am lucky to sleep. I know this. I'm sorry. I wish you could sleep. I couldn't on citalopram. I slept 2 hours a night. I feel for you, I really do. I don't really know how I sleep. I fall asleep jiggling my legs around sometimes. I think it's the relief that it's night time so nothing's expected of me. I also think the eruptive crying spells make me sleep. I had a major crying fit last night then fell asleep.

Yes, I did feel a little better at one stage. When we feel this bad we forget times that were a little more bearable. I felt far from ok and it was far from acceptable but it was better than now. I think I had a better few days at the end of august and then at the end of September. In October the proverbial hit the fan. I guess Ive had sort of kind of windows. I had a slightly better day a couple of weeks ago where I went food shopping.

You're right, I could go to the dentist if I had to. I used to have to go to see the psychiatric team and somehow did it so I could go to the dentist. I had better clean my teeth more often!

We have to remind ourselves that major healing is happening and we will emerge in a window. I'm rooting for you.

29 June 2014 - med free

Thank you.

I hope u are well.

Er, I'd like to answer that with yes I am well, but ... I'm not.

No change to report.

29 June 2014 - med free

My sensations, burning crawly on my legs and arms suck. I've had two nights out of three with no sleep. Slept last night for 8 hours. Now, today, nothing. It has to be the dentist. Who knows how long this will go on. No telling.

Er, I'd like to answer that with yes I am well, but ... I'm not.

No change to report.

I'm sorry! I'm sorry for us all. :( but, u are sleeping! So that's good! :)

Yes, thank goodness I am sleeping. Because this is what I deal with every day: (triggering, so please look away now if it's too much!)

These are the symptoms I got from my reaction to citalopram. I have them from the moment I wake in the morning until the moment I go to sleep at night with no breaks:

Unbearable relentless depression, severe suicidal ideation, feeling like I want to scream all day every day, feelings of horrific doom and darkness, absolute terror for no reason whatsoever, feeling like I'm carrying hell inside my body, nightmarish stomach churning feelings when I look at things that are meant to be nice, inability to sit or lie still - constantly have to move my legs and toes and shake my hands, inability to sit or lie comfortably EVER - standing and walking are horrible, horrendous body terror and adrenaline rushes, internal shaking, internal rigidity in my legs, feeling drugged, horrific inner agitation every single time I wake up, loss of all good emotions, no connection to people, inability to feel love, no connection to memories, complete loss of creativity (I was highly creative), memory problems, cognitive impairment, loss of EVERYTHING that made me me, inability to function - simple tasks like walking across the room are terrifying, disabled, racing thoughts, finding every single minute of every day utter torture, feeling like I will never heal

Oh the joys of akathisia!

These are the my withdrawal symptoms. Some of these wax and wane at different times, unlike the akathisia:

major chemical crying spells sometimes lasting all day, brain zaps (these were initially every few seconds but are now improving), dizziness, flushes and all over sweats with major agitation, extreme thirst, twitches, tight chest, severe pressure behind my eye and in my nose (this is improving a lot), severe headaches (improving), feelings of my brain shaking in my skull, feeling like my head is about to explode, blurred vision, problems focusing my eyes, problems moving my eyes, eye muscle problems, almost psychedelic vision at times - everything is overbright, hair loss, red, peeling skin on my face, ears, eyelids and legs, itchy skin, disgusting taste in my mouth, gland pains

Given all the above, I think I deserve some sleep! It's all I have.

29 June 2014 - med free

Yes. U do. If I listed all my symptoms I would probably begin to cry. How long have your been going on again? Has it been that bad the whole time?

The top list has been going on for 14.5 months. I was on drugs a lot of that time though. Had I stopped the citalopram last year and not gone on anything after that, today I could be telling a different story.

Before I went Into withdrawal, I used to force myself to get dressed and get out of the house. I took all the feelings with me but I still did it. Many times I couldn't, though. Lorazepam (ativan) helped me massively so on the days I took it and it worked, it was amazing! I felt great! I think some of its effect carried on until the next day so I could cope a little better. But it turned on me so quickly and now I can't take it. So in those 14.5 months I had a few good days when I took lorazepam. I had a few days here and there in the last few months where I've been more functional. Semi windows, I guess. At one stage I thought I might be getting a bit better. Lorazepam was my lifeline. I knew that I could take it sometimes for relief and that kept me going. Now I don't have that.

The withdrawal symptoms have been going on since early march..about 9 months. I started to get some symptoms in January/February but withdrawal hit fully when I stopped the zoloft. It was pretty much instant.

I've only been drug free for 5 months. Not long. It's bad but it's kind of expected at this stage. Others with severe akathisia, with the same symptoms as me, got better. There is hope. It's just making it through in the best way possible until things change. No doubt it will be a wavy ocean. But there will be life when the boat trip ends. Sometimes storms will hit and create huge waves. Sometimes there will be calm in the storm. As the boat gets closer to shore, the waves will get less bumpy. The ocean will be quieter. Then one day, I will step off the boat. We will all step off the boat. We may feel a little battered, a little disorientated, but we will be on safe land. We will be there and life will start.

29 June 2014 - med free

Hi WT, stopped by to see how you are.

Hugs

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

No change I'm afraid SB. Hugs

29 June 2014 - med free

Well, with all the talk about sleep, last night I didn't get any sleep. Zero. Absolutely none. Great.

29 June 2014 - med free

Well, with all the talk about sleep, last night I didn't get any sleep. Zero. Absolutely none. Great.

I'm sorry, :(

Sorry if the talk introduced the idea.

That's what is difficult about WD and forums.

We need information, because there is so little advice from doctors, but too much information, especially negative makes it worse.

It's like when I was healthy, I could just dismiss things, but now it's like they get stuck in my nervous system or something, it's like dropping water on a dry sponge... It just expands. And for whatever reason it only does it with scary things. I'm sure that's part of WD.

Anyways, I wish there were someone each of us had that knew all of the possibilities in WD, that we could go to when we are scared, and they could say "yes, that's part of it, it's ok, it's normal", instead we have to sift through things on the Internet and we end up exposed to every possible negative symptom, story, scenario etc.

I know that this forum has assured me I wasn't losing my mind, and the support has been priceless, but I've also had situations introduced to worry about that I wish I had remained ignorant of, because in WD, at least for me it's hard to just dismiss and not worry about the possibility of the next shoe dropping. You see it dropping on other people, or just one person with a difficult situation, and think "I wonder when my shoe will drop?". At least I do this.

Anyways, I'm sorry if the discussion of my situation negatively impacted yours. I hope you rest. I'm sure you will.

Er, sorry JDM. My message about sleep was a bit grumpy. Sorry. I was feeling bad that I could sleep when others couldn't!

I hope you got some sleep last night.

Yes WD forums are brilliant because we find out what's happening to us but as you say, scary too! We can feed our anxiety.

Sorry again.

29 June 2014 - med free

Er, sorry JDM. My message about sleep was a bit grumpy. Sorry. I was feeling bad that I could sleep when others couldn't!

I hope you got some sleep last night.

Yes WD forums are brilliant because we find out what's happening to us but as you say, scary too! We can feed our anxiety.

Sorry again.

No problem. I don't think you were grumpy. :)

Hope u sleep tonight.

Did u sleep? I'm hoping so!

Sorry u had to deal with that it stinks.

I did, thank you. I hope you managed to get some sleep.

29 June 2014 - med free

Positive update alert ...

The last few days I've been a bit better and today has been one of my best, if not the best I've felt.

A couple of things I've done which may or may not have brought about this change ...

1. On Wednesday I started using a hormone cream. It's a bio identical one with 20 parts progesterone to 1 part oestrogen. Whether or not I should be messing around with hormone cream, I don't know, but I'm in menopause and felt my body needed some help.

2. On Friday morning I had a reiki treatment.

Because I knew I was having a reiki treatment on Friday, Thursday night I forced myself to do the housework and tidy up, sweating and shaking my way through it. I also washed my hair. I was pleased to have achieved those things.

During the reiki, I was able to lie on the couch. I could really feel the energy. I could feel it doing something. Afterwards, I actually stretched. I can never do that normally. The only other time I've been able to stretch was the last time I had a reiki treatment.

Later that afternoon, I walked into town and picked up a couple of things from the shops.

Saturday, my boyfriend took me to a large shopping centre and we walked round for hours. Quite a good thing to do when you have akathisia. We even ate in a steak restaurant. It was quite dark in there so I could hide! None of this was easy but I coped and it helped a little.

Yesterday, we went out to a local shopping centre for a while.

Today, I woke straight up into crying and thought "uh oh, I've crashed again!" I was going to stay in bed and give into it all but then I thought, no, I'm not having this. I'd been able to get through having a bath the last few days so I made myself have a bath and dress. I called a friend and she invited me over for lunch. I was scared stiff but said yes. I'm so glad I went. We had a lovely lunch and I was able to talk about normal things some of the time. After that I went into a local town and actually got my hair cut. It's gone from long to a short bob. I'm not sure my boyfriend's too keen! But I figured if it was quite shortish, it would have a lot of leeway to grow so if I couldn't handle having it cut for a while, it wouldn't get too overlong. I managed to keep quite still at the hairdressers and didn't even feel the need to move around much. I didn't feel adrenaline rushing around.

I'm so glad I pushed myself today. It paid off.

I've just remembered another new thing I've done..I've been drinking chamomile tea recently. That may be helping..it's hard to say.

29 June 2014 - med free

Yay!! Go Winning! Xx

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Thanks lovely Muddles! X

29 June 2014 - med free

:D

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Moderator Emeritus

Dead chuffed for you Winning, thank you for sharing your experience with us, you made me smile tonight :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Winning,

I am happy for you. I've tried chamomile tea, it is very calming.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Thanks Joanna, Mamma and Chicken x

29 June 2014 - med free

My post today isn't about me. It's more of an observation.

I've been here since about march, I think, and in that time, I've seen people improving over time. I've followed threads and can see people gradually getting better. They still have waves but there is improvement. This is so great to see. I'm so glad for them and it shows that people do recover from this. People do get better.

29 June 2014 - med free

I'm glad you have gotten a break. That is very very good. I have actually heard that progesterone is supposed to help with the akathisia. I am too sensitive, but should have mentioned it to you!

And the pattern is there, people do seem to improve, even with lingering issues, better than they were.

• Moderator Emeritus

Its great to read about how you are doing better WT, I'm so happy for you.  I used to have reiki treatments and always found them to be a positive experience.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Yes its great to hear success stories and its true there are some amidst all the pain.

Glad to hear you battled through in spite of your symptoms. It must be very rewarding for you.

Simon

. Been on some kind of meds since 1982,mainly on and off things like imipramine.,2000 on75mg venlafaxine til it bottomed out, then 150, also no good. about 7 years. Almost ct from it and put on cocktail of  Cit, Mirt and Lithium. Remained there for 7 years.

Tapered Citalopram in June2014 and was off in 6 weeks. Mood slumped about 6 weeks later. Found this site sept 5th and got some idea why this happens.18th Sept stopped lorezepam and due to misunderstanding with GP was without it for 36 hours which caused a crisis.

from 19thsept 18mg diazepam to replace lorezepam(possible addiction) 24th sept 12 mg diaz per day. 29th sept 10mg diaz per day and tapering at 1-2mg per week. At 5mg will slow down taper. At same time increase of mirtazapine to 45mg per day.

Taking fish oil and magnesium as suggested on this site.

Also have menieres syndrome, a cause of vertigo, vomiting and partial loss of hearing, also very occasional drop attacks.

As of 8th October on; Mirtazapine 45mg, Citalopram 20mg Lithium 500mg Diazepam 6mg (tapering by 2mg per week) Fish oil and magnesium

As of 25th October Mirt 45mg, Citalopram20mg Lithium 700mg Diazepam12mg

As of 12th November Mirt 37.5 Cit.20mg Lithium 700mg Diazepam 8mg (to taper after 14 days by 10%)

As of 17th November Mirt 35mg Cit 18mg Lithium 600mg Diazepam 8mg (to taper after 14 days by 10%)

As of 25th November MIrt 35mg Cit 18mg Lithium 600mg Diazepam 7mg

As of 1st December MIrt 35 Cit 18mg Lithium 600mg         Diazepam 6mg  (been stable for the last 2 weeks)

GP intervention 19 December now on 150 Ven, 37.5 Mirt, 600 Lithium  Diazepam 7mg

Thanks JDM, Petu and Simon. Well, after my 'window' (which wasn't really a proper window, it was just better somehow ... definitely better), I crashed again. I guess that was only to be expected. 2 steps forward, 5 back, etc etc. I started to crash last Monday night.

Looking back, I had a bunch of better days at the end of august, a run of better days at the end of September and a run of better days earlier this month. I guess these are my 'windows'. A real window would be lovely. Maybe one day ...

Maybe one day I will get long windows with a run of wave days.

29 June 2014 - med free