alldaisy: Zyprexa withdrawal - severe insomnia and lack of appetite

alldaisy

I have been  active in the forum in a very long time. But I have to stop by to say Hi to all of you, and wish you a Merry Christmas and Wonderful New year. 

I hope, the new year come with better health for all of us, for the one still dealing with the medications and the withdraw, and for very little successful recovery stories. I truly wish we all could be cured. 

Zyprexa 15 mg  for 5 months  in 2010. I quit cold turkey /Zyprexa 5 mg from sept 2011 to sept 2012. I quit cold turkey

Lamictal and Geodon for around 6 months (from around sept 2012 to feb 2013)

Trazodone/ Klonopin 0.5 mg / 1 mg /Quetiapine  and gabapentin 600 mg/ Risperidone and gabapentin 600 mg

Gabapentin 1200 mg  around feb 2014 to  june 2014/ Gabapentin 900 mg july 2014 to December 2014

Invega 6 mg dec 2014 (for 8 days) / Gabapentin 600 mg

Invega 6 mg April 2015 / Gabapentin 900 mg

Invega 3 mg May 2015 / Gabapentin 600 mg

Since May 25th Gabapentin 600 mg

July 24 Gabapentin 400 mg August 18 Gabapentin 300 mg

Currently taking Invega 6 mg and Venlafaxine 150 mg. 2018

2019. I took invega 3 mg for two months. I stop taking medication two days ago (11/13) I am doing ok.

In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: It goes on.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alldaisy

• Altostrata

• Blackstar

• Petunia

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi AllDaisy,

Thank you for the Christmas & New Year wishes.  Yes, hopefully the new year will see us all feeling better than we are now.  Also that people on ADs find this forum before they start CT and fast tapering so they can do it slowly.

CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey AllDaisy, 

I am sorry you have had it so rough.  I hope that your New Year is better for you.

Are you still on 6 mg Invega?  Please update your signature if you are.

You wrote many things about your story, but this was the most recent one:

What you do if the person you have to respect put you in jail and laugh at you, and walk in front of you waving the key of the cell and laughing at you (ah and you are innocent). Can you forget if you see him everyday doing the same thing? Can you forget if your parter break with you for that reason? Can you forget if you lose years of your life? 

and earlier:

Her private conversations where used again her.

I think you may have experienced "Gaslighting."  Instead of explaining, I will send you to a page with a good description:

https://medium.com/@sheaemmafett/10-things-i-wish-i-d-known-about-gaslighting-22234cb5e407#.jhdefiuu5

Are you planning for your next taper?  

I hope you see the sun today.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Hi JanCarol,

I am not taking the invega,  I refused to take anymore medication and put more pounds on me. Enough is enough. I am still taking from time to time 300 mg of gabapentin, but most probably I will stop that medication too. I will have another doctor appointment in some days, let see what she says. 

I am pretty sure of all the things I have lived, I just have some moments of concussion in between. I am pretty sure of all the things others have done to me, without reason or logic, without any necessity to do that :( I am pretty sure of the person I am, I sure when I have made mistakes, I recognize my own flaws, anything I have done was or is enough reason for all I have suffered. I have always respected people and treated people well. I do not please people. I like to treat others well, even when they can disagree with me. I cannot tolerate injustices, and that it is a big problem for me. 

I know this cannot be used as excuse, but I am so tired of the injustices, so tired of the abuse, so tired to be hurt, that sometimes I try just to sleep to forget the pain. I cannot kill myself because  I am not selfish, I cannot do that to my parents or to my children. 

Thanks for sharing that article with me. I read about that concept a few days ago.

The only thing I want is everybody to be happy. I want all of us to be happy and healthy. I have a lot of patience. But I have dealt with enough in my life, I am tired of trying, tired to be good and do good, and been hurt without reason. This destroyed me, my family, my sanity and my children. Anyway,   I will stop here, because it does not make sense. 

I do not see the sun :(  I truly do not see it. But thanks anyway for the good wishes. You do not have idea how confuse I am for moment to moment. It so hard for me to deal with all of this. To put all in perspective. To accept certain thing and to forget what I have to forget. I believe we all deserve to be happy. 

Wishing you all the best. Thanks for writing and thanks for everything.

Zyprexa 15 mg  for 5 months  in 2010. I quit cold turkey /Zyprexa 5 mg from sept 2011 to sept 2012. I quit cold turkey

Trazodone/ Klonopin 0.5 mg / 1 mg /Quetiapine  and gabapentin 600 mg/ Risperidone and gabapentin 600 mg

Gabapentin 1200 mg  around feb 2014 to  june 2014/ Gabapentin 900 mg july 2014 to December 2014

2019. I took invega 3 mg for two months. I stop taking medication two days ago (11/13) I am doing ok.

• Moderator Emeritus

What you wrote makes sense to me Alldaisy. I'm sorry you are feeling confused and tired of trying. I get like that too at times and wonder why we can't all just be happy and be nice to each other.

Some people have difficult lives for no obvious reason, and there is no justice in that, I agree with you. Sometimes there are no answers and no solutions, at this moment, so we have to learn how to accept that too and wait until things get clearer.

Hoping 2016 is a better year for you.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Hi Petunia,

Thanks for trying to put yourself on my shoes, and understand what I am saying. No idea if things will get clear any day. I do not count with that, and I do not expect anything good in the near future either. 

My life is a complete mystery, and there are something that do not let me breath, something that I cannot explain, and it is the same feeling, the same restlessness that I felt years ago in another country I was living. And my life is something that I cannot explain, sometimes is a mess. I wish I could paint the picture, and put all in a diagram, and give all the details for all of you to truly understand me. But trust me, I do not have a clue. The only thing I can guarantee you is, I have always love and respect others, I have always do good, I have always tried my best in life, I have always fight and fight in life to make people around better. I have always tried to give good advices to others. I have never hurt a single person in my life. I have pardoned quickly. I have always put myself in the other person side of the story.  I have always put others before me. I cannot let anyone to get hurt. I do not do things to be recognized, I do not do things for money or fame or power or any benefit. My only goals in life were, study, work and do good, and fight for having a better life. Others happiness is my happiness too. Others tears and unhappiness make me sad and depress. For me every single person is important, and every body deserve to be happy. Then, I cannot understand all the things I have lived and all the things I continue living. Anyway, thanks for writing. 

Hope the very best for you, and every single person here battling with the illness and the withdrawal effects. I wish you all a full recovery and a happy life. 

It sounds like u are in the same situation as me because of olanzapine. I lost my appetite after 3 half years it finally came back and my toilet habits return to normal but I am still left with many many problems. Poor sleep and never tired, no emotions memories and motivation have all gone. I hope u are at home and not in hospital like me.

May 2012 Olanzapine and other anti depressants. Don't know what they were.  Sertraline, Flupentixol, Sodium Valporate, Depixol, Lithium, Piportal, Mirtazapine, Lamotrogine, Venlafaxine, Respirodol ECT x 7. Don't know the dates of any of these medications because I can't remember and I have no idea of the doses either. Am no longer on any meds. Take Cod liver oil, Omega 3, B1, Sepia. Still in rehab under section 3 in the UK.   I have access to my phone and the house phone and email.

Symptoms 110bpm, memory loss, severe anhedonia, no motivation, poor sleep, loss of hobbies and interests including music.  Things that have come back are appetite and feeling the cold and my muscles.

Nothings gonna hurt me with my eyes shut, I can see through them, I can see through them - Years and Years 2015

I was in many medications, and yes, olanzapine was one of the many.  I have complete lack of appetite and  eat very irregularly. 

I am at home, but I have been in the hospital before. 

I am glad that you are feeling better and no taking any meds. 

I am only physically better I just wish I could sleep properly then I think a lotof my problems would disappear but I have cut down 30 fags a day to 10 x

May 2012 Olanzapine and other anti depressants. Don't know what they were.  Sertraline, Flupentixol, Sodium Valporate, Depixol, Lithium, Piportal, Mirtazapine, Lamotrogine, Venlafaxine, Respirodol ECT x 7. Don't know the dates of any of these medications because I can't remember and I have no idea of the doses either. Am no longer on any meds. Take Cod liver oil, Omega 3, B1, Sepia. Still in rehab under section 3 in the UK.   I have access to my phone and the house phone and email.

Symptoms 110bpm, memory loss, severe anhedonia, no motivation, poor sleep, loss of hobbies and interests including music.  Things that have come back are appetite and feeling the cold and my muscles.

Nothings gonna hurt me with my eyes shut, I can see through them, I can see through them - Years and Years 2015

• 1 month later...

I am stopping by to wish you all a Happy Valentines Day, I hope your day is fill with love and many good blessings.

Hi,

I was put out of gabapentin and they put me now on Seroquel, but I have gained a lot of weight. Is this normal while we are on this drug? Should I stop taking this drug? What  I can do?

Daisy, Seroquel (quetiapine) in another poison like Zyprexa...

Ziprexa 5 mg for about 4 years from 2009 to end of November 2014 stopped abruptly

third week of December horrible withdrawal insomnia began

tried different medications and natural remedies to sleep, nothing worked

started Xanax 0.5 mg about a month ago (beginning of March 2014 

get a few hours of sleep

very concerned about taking a benzo but its the only way I can get some sleep for now

Started Ziprexa reinstatement 0.1 mg end of March no improvement

currently taking 1.25 mg since April 2, 2014

Considering adding some GABA

considering increasing Ziprexa dose if don't see some improvement soon

Hi Paul,

Glad to see you again over here. I hope you are doing better.

Why they put me on that medication? I truly do not understand why to give me a medication that will make me feel bad or gain so much weight in so short period of time. Beside I am very uncomfortable  with certain parts of my body. 

I know people, call all these drugs poisson, I have called those drugs like that too. I guess no one, want to experience any side effect. 

I truly do not know what to do. I trust my doctors, but I have been dealing with all of this for very long time already. Why we have to suffer so much in this life.

I read, that a therapy could be enough to treat depression. No idea what I am going to do Paul. I do not know if I should just stop that medication, just right away. 

I cannot tell you what to do but if I was in your situation, I would seek the help of doctors that use natural remedies.  There are psychiatrists that use only natural remedies.  you can find them by searching on the internet.

Ziprexa 5 mg for about 4 years from 2009 to end of November 2014 stopped abruptly

get a few hours of sleep

very concerned about taking a benzo but its the only way I can get some sleep for now

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the recommendation. I know that natural remedies could be good too. In reality I have nothing against prescription meds. It is just, that I believe I can function well just with therapy. Are you telling me to see an homeopathic  doctor?

Let's see what I can do and if my psychiatric could help me. 

Hi Daisy,

I do not believe in homeopathy.

There are many studies that indicate that inbalances/deficiencies in certain nutrients are at the root of many illneses including "mental/emotional" ones. For example vitamin B12 deficiency causes depression in some people.

You need an experienced medical Doctor to help you.

There are psychiatrists that treat their patients with natural remedies based on well documented studies and experience. Find a doctor like this, an experienced psychiatrist that treats their patients with natural remedies.

get a few hours of sleep

Hi Paul,

Thanks again, I truly do not know where to find that person. I believe all the doctors I have visited, are very capable and with vast experience. 

I do not have idea what are those natural remedies that you are mentioning. I thought could be natural medicine, but you said no. 

Anyway, let's see what my doctor tell me this time. She did check my weight on the last appointment. 

Hi Alldaisy

I found I have some similar problems as yours.

I have dropped Lexapro from 20MG to 10MG because of 20MG made me worse. 

It has been 3.8 months now and I still feel bad... Especially my Anxiety, obsessive thinking, negative thinking. Also stomach is very upset...

This is the longest one that I suffered and I really don't know how long will that last and what's going on now.

I hope we can stick together to encourage each other and try find out something to help.

2006 October Zoloft 50mg for anxiety.

2013 March Lexapro 10mg for 18 months to 2015 September.

2015 September increased to 20mg for 7 weeks but getting worse. 3rd November dropped back to 10mg

2016 11th November taper to 9mg

2017 3rd March Taper to 8.8mg, then Fast taper start: 10th-8.6mg, 12th-8.2mg, 17th-8.0mg, 22rd-7.7mg, 27th-7.4mg.

April 2nd- 6.9mg (WD start), 19th-6.5mg. Failed one day Cymbalta trial, took back Lexapro, much worse Akathisia torture. Keep holding. 

May 22nd- 6.3mg, June 10th- 5.7mg, Nov- 4.4mg, Dec- 4.3mg,

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Hi Rain,

Well count with me. What else we can do? Right? Just listen to each other sadness, distress and sorrows, And help in any way we can. 

I have been in many more meds than you. I truly do not see the day when I will finally fell well. But nothing I can do about. I have to continue receiving my therapy and taking any meds that my doctor tell me to take. 

hi alldaisy:

sorry to hear about that, how long you have been on meds? have they ever give a good time? 

have you tried any cognitive behavior therapy? 

my thinking is quite same as yours, i always worrying about my parents or my grandma will pass away or leave me, because I need them so much, they are my support.

and I also worrying about I will have some kind of disease or only worrying about I will have my anxiety and depression worsen in the future...

so I want to try some cognitive behavior therapy to change my habbit of thinking.

but I don't know it will help or not.

2015 September increased to 20mg for 7 weeks but getting worse. 3rd November dropped back to 10mg

2017 3rd March Taper to 8.8mg, then Fast taper start: 10th-8.6mg, 12th-8.2mg, 17th-8.0mg, 22rd-7.7mg, 27th-7.4mg.

April 2nd- 6.9mg (WD start), 19th-6.5mg. Failed one day Cymbalta trial, took back Lexapro, much worse Akathisia torture. Keep holding. 

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Hi Rain,

I received CBT for a very long time. I believe it helped me. I revived some very traumatic event from past again. All these have been very difficult for me. 

To be honest, I am not thinking in anything now. A person like me that have lived so much, so many sad events, and so many difficult situation, that have all my life was affected. I am like living day by day, and saying thanks for the new day.  Nothing else I can do. 

I have been on meds for almost 8 years already. And no, my doctors do not say anything for how long I will have to stay on meds, they do not even bring that topic to the table. 

Take Care, I truly wish you and everybody the very best. I truly do not want anyone have to live what has been my life. 

alldaisy:

Me, too, 9 years of meds, by the way can I know your age if you are comfortable to tell me? I am only 27, I don't know what will happen on me in the future...

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

We have been almost the same number of years on meds.  I am 43 Rain, I do not have to hide my age.  I am happy been that age, I do not pretend to be older or younger. 

Why you was put on medication since that younger years?  I wish you can stop the meds and feel better. 

Take good care.

We have been almost the same number of years on meds.  I am 43 Rain, I do not have to hide my age.  I am happy been that age, I do not pretend to be older or younger. 

Why you was put on medication since that younger years?  I wish you can stop the meds and feel better. 

Take good care.

daisy, so you are much luckier than me, maybe it was caused by high pressure of study and after reading some articles about disease symptoms I started to have a panic then I anxiety, actually at that time I wasn't that bad but doctor put me on the meds....

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Rain,

In my case, what happened to me was really bad, I was not able to function, a lot of crying, sadness, panic, delusions. I really need the medication at that point. After that I have had some crisis. It is really sad. It is the only thing I can say. 

Let's hope that the pharmaceutical industry could find a new medication some day, able to treat this illness with less side effects. Nothing else that we can do. 

Alldaisy, I am sorry to hear about that.

I heard lots of new meds will release in the future, I believe they will do better than the current ones.

I also wish there will be a surgery to fix our problems thoroughly, Then we will have a brand new start and life.

I think It is too early for me to think about tap the meds off, I still feel bad now, hope I can go through this hard time and you too.

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

• 1 month later...

Dear all,

I have wrote here in very long time, I have had some ups and downs more, or windows and waves. I was again in the hospital after an emotional crisis, as a result, I am taking more medications. But I am trying to keep positive and find the way to deal with this. 

But the purpose of today note, it is not to write about my illness or health, I just want to wish you all a very Happy Easter. I truly wish that you all are feeling better or at least dealing better with our illness and/or withdrawal from medication. 

All the best for all.

Sincerely,

Daisy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Whatever happened to me or people did to me, it was the worst anyone could ever do, the most horrendous thing ever. That put me on the hands of different psychologist and psychiatric, and they put me on medication. I have not been able to stop those medications, I have gained a lot of weight. I have my life destroyed. 

At this moment I am still taking invega, they are lowering the dosage, let's see if when they put me out of this I can lose all the weigh I have gained. I have been put also in a new medication venlafaxine. Reading in the forum I have found horror stories with this drug too. I read that is one of the worst drugs ever. How is possible that we all have been medicated with drugs that do us so much harm or cause us so many undesirable side effects? I am trying to understand all of this, and all my life for this last years and all the things that has happened to me. I am trying to accept this condemn like a necessary bad situation. But is hard for me sometimes. I eat because I have to do it, I never feel hungry or thirsty. I have gained all this weight. I do not have my menstrual cycle. I am unhappy person. I do not have a life or hope for a better future or situation. 

I know that writing here has helped me sometimes, at least I can put this out my chest and share with people that is in similar situation. But this will no save others like us. Today, I am having a bad day, one of those days that I question myself my present and the situation I am in. I love and care for my doctors a lot, I trust them, but in the other hand I feel so betrayed by them. 

They did the opposite of what they told will do, they increase dosage of medication. I am super overweight and  I continue gaining weight and they just do not care.

They did the opposite of what they told will do, they increase dosage of medication. I am super overweight and  I continue gaining weight and they just do not care.

and according to you,  you still blindly "love and trust your doctors" almost as if they were Gods,

It makes me mad to hear you say over and over the same thing despite all the evidence...

What is going to take for you to WAKE UP???

MOST DOCTORS and their poisonous pills (pharmaceutical companies) ARE a piece of crap...  They should be in jail for their CRIMES TO HUMANITY... NOT ALL OF THEM, BUT THE MAJORITY OF THEM... and The good ones are very hard to find....

This board and all existing related boards without exception are full of innocent victims of these unscrupulous  a##holes...

Someday, all this need to change... but in the mean time it's "buyer beware"

get a few hours of sleep

and according to you,  you still blindly "love and trust your doctors" almost as if they were Gods,

It makes me mad to hear you say over and over the same thing despite all the evidence...

What is going to take for you to WAKE UP???

MOST DOCTORS and their poisonous pills (pharmaceutical companies) ARE a piece of crap...  They should be in jail for their CRIMES TO HUMANITY... NOT ALL OF THEM, BUT THE MAJORITY OF THEM... and The good ones are very hard to find....

This board and all existing related boards without exception are full of innocent victims of these unscrupulous  a##holes...

Someday, all this need to change... but in the mean time it's "buyer beware"

I  am to sick and to damage now, to affected for all of this to think beyond how I will get better or in which moment  I will get better, I have been really patient, year after year. I am still crying and feeling sick. I do not have idea if these are crimes against of humanity or what, because I am to naive and ignorant to think now in anything. And yes in this forum many of us are in the same situation. But what I want is a solution. It is get well. I cannot hold rancor in me toward anyone, no even those hurting me with pills. I do not want anyone to poison me with negative thoughts toward anyone. I have changed doctors many times.  I am truly tired of that. You are mad and I am sad. You are yelling and  I am crying every time I see myself at a mirror. 

Who decide the treatment, the patient right?  If I am in my total faculties, and I am telling a doctor, I do not want that for me. Can he  or she force you to do the treatment he is ordering? He or she studied the years I have not studied, he or she could have the knowledge any of us have. But is my body and my mind. Medication harmed my body. Then the same pharmaceutical that did the harm are the one that have to find the solution and fix me. Because the pharmaceutical companies do not play with human lives, they save human lives and cure diseases. That is my way of thinking. Do I am blind? Pharmaceutical companies live from the illness of others, that is true too in some cases or many cases. But no all the people working on the pharmaceutical companies are just money makers. There are people of honor, dedicated to science. People that care for their patients. Can you judge all the apples for just some rotten apples?  Why to attack the pharmaceutical companies? Why no just to focus in the problem that we all have. We are mental ill patients, taking medications that cause undesirable side effects. Well, we need medications that do not cause those side effects. No one want to fix a leg, to broke the other leg. And if you have your two legs working in optimal conditions, I want the same for me. Do not be mad Paul, because madness most of the time is the root of many problems, including violence and revenge. When you talk bad about a pharmaceutical company I feel attacked. I was a pharmacy student many years ago. I could never work, produce a drugs  with the idea of doing any harm to others. Do I am the only one who think like this, of course no. But I also understand the implications of a business that involve health issues. Then you will have to judge the same, every single profession out there, do every one win money from the necessities of others? 

I want a solution for my problem, that is the problem of many of us here in this forum and in others forums. I want someone to truly fix all of this. Must be a solution. 

Daisy,

Would you keep going back to a dog that bites you over and over again every time you get near him?

I hope your answer will be no of course…

Still you keep going back to the doctors that have screwed you over and over again and then you come to this forum to say that you trust them...

Do you see anything wrong with this picture?

Hey, if you trust your doctors so much, then just keep going back to them and keep doing exactly everything they tell you and keep taking all the chemicals that they give you and forget everything that has been said on this forum.

Doctors keep screwing you over and over again and you keep going back to them...They keep filling you with artificial and dangerous chemicals that do not cure you and you keep going back to them...

Tell me how many people in this forum have been cured by anti psychotics or anti depressants or benzos and the like??  Do you know how many?  ZERO

Now tell me how many people in this forum have been screwed by the doctors that have prescribed these drugs to them? 

%100

Do you understand that all the people that come to these forums is because they have been screwed big time by the medical and pharmaceutical industry????

Just think for how long you have been going to these "doctors" of yours and what have they done for you... are you better now that before or are you worst???... Guess what's going to happen if you keep going back to them... more of the same...

Its not a matter of finding better drugs... you do not have a deficiency of Zyprexa or Invega or any of the chemical poisons they invent in laboratories... you cannot cure a disease with artificial drugs... do you understand?

Do yourself a favor and study some history about the pharma industry and the medical industry... I am not going to get into this here... Do your homework... you are an intelligent person...

The pharmaceutical industry is not interested in curing any disease... they just want to create artificial chemicals that they can put a patent on so that they can sell them at ridiculous exorbitant prices...

They keep screwing everybody...  most psychiatrists and most doctors are just pill pushers... when you go to them for help... they do not look for the cause of the problem...they just throw drugs at you...they just put you on drugs and more drugs and drugs on top of drugs...

This is not about revenge or violence as you say... this is about accountability... some day they will have to pay for all the damage they have done to humanity and all the money in the world is not going to be enough...

I am not going to continue this discussion with you... because it's pointless... so I won’t be replying any more... you are missing all the points and you are just going to keep arguing...

I wish you all the best in the world... for real... from the bottom of my heart... May God be with you always...

Good luck and God bless you.

Paul

get a few hours of sleep

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Please I need your help, I continue gaining a lot of weight. I do not know what to do to lose it. Any of you taking medication with the same problem have found the way to lose weight? Could you help me? I need to know what to do? What to eat? What I should not eat? I need help with this, because this make extremely sad, and  I know my self, I will try to stop the medication alone and I will get more sick with all the withdrawal effects. Seem to me that the only solution for me is not taking any more the medication. 

• Moderator Emeritus

daisy, Sad to say but weight gain is common on psychoactive drugs. See this topic:
Weight Gain, Weight Loss and Appetite changes in the Symptoms and self-care forum.

There's also been a recent topic on Olanzapine and weight gain

Unfortunately most people find it difficult to lose the extra pounds/kg/stone until the end of their taper. When people have been on end-of-taper minute doses or finally off the drugs, some have posted that their weight normalizes without any intentional changes or effort!

And, withdrawal can be enough to handle on its own, without trying to get the energy to make diet and lifestyle changes. I've slowly made changes in my diet over the last few months, one change at a time every 2-3 weeks. Doing something like that can help current symptoms and be a good foundation for when we're off the drug.

Would you take a minute or two, daisy, to update your signature with your current drug(s) and dose(s)? When your introduction thread gets to 2 pages and more, it can be difficult for the moderating team to get the full picture; without an updated signature we have re-read your entire thread. Thanks in advance. :)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

daisy, Sad to say but weight gain is common on psychoactive drugs. See this topic:

Weight Gain, Weight Loss and Appetite changes in the Symptoms and self-care forum.

There's also been a recent topic on Olanzapine and weight gain

Unfortunately most people find it difficult to lose the extra pounds/kg/stone until the end of their taper. When people have been on end-of-taper minute doses or finally off the drugs, some have posted that their weight normalizes without any intentional changes or effort!

And, withdrawal can be enough to handle on its own, without trying to get the energy to make diet and lifestyle changes. I've slowly made changes in my diet over the last few months, one change at a time every 2-3 weeks. Doing something like that can help current symptoms and be a good foundation for when we're off the drug.

Would you take a minute or two, daisy, to update your signature with your current drug(s) and dose(s)? When your introduction thread gets to 2 pages and more, it can be difficult for the moderating team to get the full picture; without an updated signature we have re-read your entire thread. Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks for the response, 

I have read exactly that, no way possible to lose all this weight, and to be honest I am not to hopeful that the change I will do will help me, but I will try. I have told this millions of time, I do not want to solve one problem and then create other. If I have to take medication, it is ok for me, because it is true that medication has helped me to function better. But I do not want to be the way I am now. I have had to change size of clothes, no idea how many times. I do not eat much for that. It is not fair. I want a solution for that problem, without causing another problem. Many of us here in the forum have mentioned this many times, and that is one of the reason people quit medications, people do that for all the side effects. I know well that is hard to design a drug that do not produce side effect on the short or long run, after all all the pills with take to cure many illness are necessary but strange to our bodies. No idea for how much longer I will be able to deal with this, if making the new changes in my life I cannot lose weight, I will stop medication, I will no care if this put me in a hospital or harmed even more. After all no one want me or believe in the bad I am feeling sometimes.