☼ Wildflower0214 Effexor WD and PTSD

Wildflower0214

I can't believe he said you may not get better. What medical facts is he basing that on? That was mean. He doesn't know any more about whether you will heal then anyone else. It is pure speculation. I will pray for you. Until someone shows you proof that you will not heal I don't believe it.

It is very mean. I'm disappointed and my feelings are hurt.

:( thank you for praying. Sorry you've had so many issues lately and glad your mom is ok. I do read your thread, I just hve some issue with posting for some reason. Sometimes I can manage it, but other times it makes me nervous. Who the heck knows why? Lol

Xo

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wildflower0214

• luv2knit

• Pugknows

• btdt

Top Posters In This Topic

He's one grain of dirty sand on the beach of humanity. His opinion means nothing, especially as moody and temperamental as he is. Doctors are supposed to be objective and consistent. He clearly is neither of these.

If he wants you to taper, what's his plan? You need him to partner with you and give you a proposed Plan B, if Plan A doesn't work.

You're feeling really alone right now and you're scared. Don't be. Do you think the Ativan is making you sick? I don't know sh*t about tapering or what effect the drug is having on your CNS. I'm not on any drugs and I feel like walking death, so who knows?

You're not alone, WF. I'm here. We're all here.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

At least you did something nice and showered before your doctor visit. Bet he didn't. Bet his Birkenstocks smell too.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

What an a**hole.

I should introduce him to my doctor. Does he like skinny women with dusty wrinkled skin who smell like stale potpourri and color their hair at home with that brassy orange cheap sh*t in a kit?

lol!!!!

His plan B is way too fast. He wants to do 10% every couple of weeks... And I can't do that. I need like 2.5% every 3 months.

And Ya, the drug is making me sick, but I know with the wrong move it can always always get worse and I don't want to do anything stupid because I feel pressured. That is how I ended up on all this crap in the first place.

I know I'm not alone. I just wish Alto could write my scripts. Lol that would fix all of my problems.

I'm tired of being treated like a child, and having someone weild control over my life with a script pad.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Note to all the lovely people who posted yesterday... I will repsond to you all as soon as I get a grip. :(

Thank you for your kindness and caring.

Love to you all. Praying for us all the time

Can't sleep!!!!!

Thank you doctor. You've been so helpful.

I am sure you will recover Wildflower. Maybe your CNS can not repair it yet, maybe your dose is for him too high. But I have no idea, I dont know Ativan, so please take my opinion with reserve.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Your doctor is an idiot--and a jerk. Yes, I have a problem with anger right now too! I don't know which is worse--him, or the Chinese medicine guy that claims we can control our withdrawal with our minds! I'm just fed up with it all!

We will get better, but there's no hope for these idiots!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

• Moderator Emeritus

Honestly, wf, I think you will recover. It's just going to be slow. There are a lot of slow taper success stories from people who were a giant mess.

What there aren't are success stories for people in my boat. I think you have every reason to be hopeful. All the stories of recovery lean in your favor. But there are piles of research and movement disorder support groups saying point blank there is no chance for my remission.

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

Wiggelt, I am sure you will recover too.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

It's damaging and demoralizing for him to have said you would not get better, Wildflower. I doubt that omniscience is one of his job skills. This process is painful and difficult and may require more patience than we have. You deserve compassion. I have also experienced what's described as complex PTSD. Years ago doctors kept trying to screen me for Bipolar disorder. I was never given that diagnosis. It just didn't make sense. Even if they had, it would have meant very little in my opinion, but I get why the idea of that diagnosis scared you. Now that I've been off the "medications" for just over 8 months I realize the symptoms I experienced were effects of the drugs. What they were trying to "treat" was created by the "medications" themselves, the products they sold me and profited from.

What's so difficult is that though our anger is justified, it's often pathologized. What I noticed was that when I expressed my sadness, frustration, and anger, those feelings were often considered symptoms that had to be "treated," symptoms of an illness, of disorder. When our feelings are pathologized, it serves psychiatrists, because then they don't have to take responsibility for the damage they cause. If the problem is inherent to our bodies and emotional natures, their treatment of us isn't questioned. The way they behave is never considered problematic. This is called abuse. I believe it is a fundamental abuse of power, and it's unjust. Especially as we have already been victims of complex trauma, this behavior is retraumatizing and damaging.  Then, on top of that we are not not validated which amounts to further abuse.

I believe you can do this. You can get through this. You can.

After being on (over 25) psychiatric meds continuously during a 16 year period, I began in July 2014 to taper off 1mg Klonopin. In September 2014, I came off Brintellix, Trazadone, Zoloft, Proprityline & Hydroxyzine in 2 weeks on my own without knowledge on how to taper properly. I've been off all psych "meds" since 10/2014 and am currently experiencing protracted withdrawal.

Medication history: Vibryd, Wellbutrin, Lithium, Prozac, Xanax, Celexa, Cymbalta, Trileptal, Lamictal, Abilify, Zoloft, Trazadone, Citalopram, Effexor, Seroquel, Klonopin, Paxil, Brintellix, Protriptyline, Lexapro, Pristiq, Buspar, Clonidine, Lorazepam, Notriptyline, Hydroxyzine, Serzone.

Introduction: http://bit.ly/1SIxWwl.

I am so sorry WF that you had to experience this.  I surely have heard those words too.  Or that I am bringing it on myself to get attention, etc. 

It is devastating to hear something like that coming from someone who is supposed to be objective, knowledgeable and compassionate.  This doc seems to be a basket case when it comes to "bedside manner" much less knowledge.  Wonder where he graduated on a scale of best grades much less what college he went to!  He IS a good person to help, only in that you will be able to do your own taper in your own way.  If he thinks this is it for your recovery then he shouldn't ever suggest that you should come off the Ativan.  I don't know that I would even discuss anything about how you're feeling --- except to ensure that you will be able to have the Ativan long enough to taper off super slowly.  

My experience with most doctors both as a patient and working for them, is that they are the true "Wizard of Oz", standing on podiums with a microphone hoping no one notices.   I suspect that your doc told you what he did because he believes that you have some kind of emotional problem and you won't spontaneously recover from that. Or that the brain has only a certain amount of time to recover (probably months).  They know less than we do about how these drugs work.  But because there is a conspiracy to pretend that they are omnipotent (on both sides---we seem to need to believe that too), they daren't look you in the face and say, "I have no idea what's going on."  I did have one doctor who was more of a research doc than a clinician tell me that he had no idea what was going on but that the brain does always want to move to recovery.   No other doc said that to me.  We just can't allow ourselves to give any power to their words AT ALL when it comes to psych drug effects and recovery.  Might as well go to the grocery store and ask the produce guy what he thinks!!   

I hope you will be able to let go of his nonsense and know that we ALL do get better.  You will be no exception, WF.   Love you.

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Chiming in specifically on Effexor withdrawals and feeling bipolar. I'm feeling scared of the same thing. I'm now 6 weeks effexor free. My symptoms are not as bad as some people's, but I feel so very unpredictable. I hate that. I can be fine. Happy. Functioning well at work or with my family. Two minutes later and from a very minor trigger ready to SCREAM! CRY! RAGE! Last night it was because I asked my daughter to brush her teeth and get pajamas on. By the time I was ready for bed (maybe five or ten minutes) she was still not started on teeth and pjs. I got so angry I had to leave the room because I knew it was me, not her. A reminder or even reprimand is a reasonable reaction in this situation. Wanting to scream at her and feeling out of control are not reasonable reactions. While it's happening, I'm aware that it is unreasonable, but still unable to stop the feeling from overflowing. Similar major surges of sadness happen at least once a day. 

BUT, I defrosted the freezer last night after thinking about it and not having energy to do it for over a year. And sat with my child and practiced piano with her when a month ago I couldn't be in the same room as the noise of the piano because it made my brain zaps worse. And these things give me hope.

Anti-depressant free as of October 2015

therapy/counseling including EMDR January 2016-February 2017

---

Took Wellbutrin only after several years of Effexor plus Wellbutrin.
discontinued Effexor on 4/25/15 against doctor's orders.
Experienced brain zaps, dizziness, and insomnia. Super woman energy. Major grief and rages.
----
Started antidepressants about 20 years ago. Have been on celexa, Zoloft, Effexor, Wellbutrin.
Really want to get off meds but don't know if I can. Not much support for this goal from physician or family.

I am sure you will recover Wildflower. Maybe your CNS can not repair it yet, maybe your dose is for him too high. But I have no idea, I dont know Ativan, so please take my opinion with reserve.

Hey Martina...

Thank you for the encouragement. :) I surely appreciate it. I pray we all get well and I hope you are coping ok.

Guys... I'm exhausted and responding to posts as I have energy, one at a time....

It takes all the energy I have just to write in sentence form. :(

Love to you all

Please don't feel that you have to respond!  We're just here to be of support and understanding.  Just please take good care of yourself. 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

• Moderator Emeritus

We understand. I read threads all the time but hardly respond.

**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged

Guys, thank you. I will respond when I am able.

Had to go to doctor today, and he told me I may not get better.

He's the one I see for the med I'm still on.

I'm pretty much a basket case right now. Weeping and tears and snot.

I was 27 when the meds started making me sick, and I'll be 31 in a month!! My life is going down the crapper! It's like watching water go down a drain.

What does he know he does not have the last word on your life or on you. Screw him as you may well get better and he will not be bothered to salute you then either. If he was so smart why did he put you on these pills to start with. I have had so many of these we got it this time your going to get better bs visits with doctors... I am sorry to be so jaded but half of them or more don`t have a clue what they are doing or so it seems looking back over my own history. I have shed a lot of tears based on doctor analysis those tears were wasted on them ... I hate to see you cry over something that is an opinion... the next doc could say the opposite.

I know crying is a big part of wd.. too.. I guess we all will do our share of it. I hope after you calm down you will take my post to heart the truth is he does not know how could he possibly know.. he doesn`t know and said so... he said maybe. He may as well have said nothing and spared you the tears.

I wish you peace

I know! Why did he say it????? What is the point????

Doctors are not nice people sometimes. That is just a fact. It seems to be a hazard of the career...turning into a buttface.

Some careers do this with time. My dad was a fighter pilot in the Air Force and then a career airline captain...every pilot I've ever met is controlling and pompous. It seems like it's a requirement in the field. Maybe pilots should hang out with doctors and talk about how stupid all the rest of us are. Lol

Anyways.... I think I'm very emotional and I have a real problem with anger at the moment. It's WD...

Thanks for the constant cheerleading. Thank you so much!

I know you have been through the mill with doctors so you understand!

Love to you! Xo

Think they are just use to people bowing down to them.. they need people to bow so would not like each other company much.  

I read a post you made about reacting to things that cross the blood brain barrier... 

I read a post on the Multiple Chemical Sensitivity site that said B1 and phosphatidyl choline helped him... I don't do well with supplements but I am trying this now.. keeping track my thread..

I will let you know if it works... I don't know how long it may take to repair... 

peace to you WF

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Guys, thank you. I will respond when I am able.

Had to go to doctor today, and he told me I may not get better.

He's the one I see for the med I'm still on.

I'm pretty much a basket case right now. Weeping and tears and snot.

I was 27 when the meds started making me sick, and I'll be 31 in a month!! My life is going down the crapper! It's like watching water go down a drain.

What does he know he does not have the last word on your life or on you. Screw him as you may well get better and he will not be bothered to salute you then either. If he was so smart why did he put you on these pills to start with. I have had so many of these we got it this time your going to get better bs visits with doctors... I am sorry to be so jaded but half of them or more don`t have a clue what they are doing or so it seems looking back over my own history. I have shed a lot of tears based on doctor analysis those tears were wasted on them ... I hate to see you cry over something that is an opinion... the next doc could say the opposite.

I know crying is a big part of wd.. too.. I guess we all will do our share of it. I hope after you calm down you will take my post to heart the truth is he does not know how could he possibly know.. he doesn`t know and said so... he said maybe. He may as well have said nothing and spared you the tears.

I wish you peace

I know! Why did he say it????? What is the point????

Doctors are not nice people sometimes. That is just a fact. It seems to be a hazard of the career...turning into a buttface.

Some careers do this with time. My dad was a fighter pilot in the Air Force and then a career airline captain...every pilot I've ever met is controlling and pompous. It seems like it's a requirement in the field. Maybe pilots should hang out with doctors and talk about how stupid all the rest of us are. Lol

Anyways.... I think I'm very emotional and I have a real problem with anger at the moment. It's WD...

Thanks for the constant cheerleading. Thank you so much!

I know you have been through the mill with doctors so you understand!

Love to you! Xo

Think they are just use to people bowing down to them.. they need people to bow so would not like each other company much.  

I read a post you made about reacting to things that cross the blood brain barrier... 

I read a post on the Multiple Chemical Sensitivity site that said B1 and phosphatidyl choline helped him... I don't do well with supplements but I am trying this now.. keeping track my thread..

I will let you know if it works... I don't know how long it may take to repair... 

peace to you WF

Had a car accident in 85
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

• Moderator Emeritus

EFF that doctor!!!

W/F, as usual, the "medical profession" has let you down . Not such a big "surprise" to us.   I think we have to be our own "health advocates", and "take charge", of our own health.  Personally, I have vowed to stay away from Doctor's, for the rest of my life. I will "use" them , if I have to, for "tests" etc. and "that's it. I will do my own "research", and try "natural " methods, always as a first/ second  and third option !    I'm sure you will get over this, and be "better off" for it, as you will  know.  Pug said - "he's one grain of sand". I agree.   He is "pond scum".   Better yet - he is the "amoeba" on pond scum  !!

Please, don't take any notice, of him. He is "insignificant".   You know that you're doing the right thing for you.  Keep it up.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Ali, Thx.

I just wish I didn't need him. But no other psych is gonna write me a compounded script for my slow taper.

So, I need him. :(

The most frustrating, is that this doctor is even on the list of suggested physicians here. So this about as sympathetic as it gets....

I think it was norxforme.. who wrote years ago... she does what she has to do to get her drugs to work her taper the way she needs to so she can survive ... whatever it takes. I think at the time she was not telling her doc about her taper and had to see him a number of times to get enough drugs to finish her taper.  Seems it is an old issue that has not changed too much... peace WF 

Had a car accident in 85

No it hasn't.

I just wish....I don't know what I wish.

I look at others and their attitude and look at myslef and I feel as though Im acting like a jerk. Others suffer considerably as I do, but their posts are so much more gentile. This may be because they save the ugliness for somewhere else and I just say whatever I feel. There is one thing for sure, I always mean what I say and say what I mean. There is never any confusion about my stance on an issue if you ask me, and sometimes even if you don't ask me. Lol

I just feel as though I'm acting poorly compared to some others here.

Maybe it's just me being overly senstive. But then I have to remind myself, some others here were put on this stuff for physical reasons and never struggled with mental health. I have a history of trauma and def have some level of PTSD that I struggle with and am now not only unmedicated but dealing with WD which makes my mental health issues a lot harder to deal with. Maybe I should be nicer to myself.

Who knows....

Believe me when I say I am just as angry and fed as you are.  I guess I just hold alot of that in which isn't very productive.  I don't want my kids to be exposed to too much of my torture so I am used to bottling alot up.  I don't think you are acting poorly at all.  You should say what you feel and be true to yourself.  I should be following that example myself.  It might help.  Just keep being you.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Thx Frustrated. I feel like I'm pretty pessimistic. But, I do the best I can.

WF, I dont think you are acting poorly. Believe me, I have it the same difficult than you. It is only, for example I got harm OCD as a withdrawal symptom. And it is so hard to go into detail by such things. Therefore maybe it comes to you that other people are gentile. Everybody tries to survive how we can.

symptoms OCD

I know Martina... We all do what we have to do to survive.

I just want this to be over, for all of us.

Well,

Unexpectantly, my doorbell rings. My neighbor wanted me to come with her and her family to the pool. I can't do the chemicals and chlorine, but I went anyways and sat in a chair. It was about 8pm so the sun wasn't an issue for me. I had a conversation with a few people and didn't feel like a basket case.

Afterwards, about an hour later I walked with them back to their home, which is next to mine...they invited me in and since they know I'm sick and can't go anywhere, they showed me their huge DVD collection and let me borrow a series I really like.

All in all, it was nice to have a conversation and I wasn't uncomfortable or trying to find an excuse to run for the door.

This time last year, it would have been impossible for me to have done that.

Im grateful.

Yay!! Definitely progress! Awesome!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Wow socializing is huge.  Wonderful.  I think that is definite progress.  Good for you.  

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Yay!!!  So wonderful that you were able to experience some normality and I know, so needed right now.  I agree with Luv and Frustrated that this is a good sign of some good recovery.  Blessings to you! xoxo

Thanks guys!

I had no intention of leaving the house last night. It was unexpected that my neighbor would even knock on my door..she doesn't very often. But, I'm glad I went with her, I almost said no.

It at least gives me some hope. I need that, we all do.

Xoxo

I'm pleased for you xxx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!