☼ ang: help and confidence needed

ang

((Ang))) xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ang

• btdt

• AliG

• Fresh

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

I find it hard to remember to be honest ang.     I know i was taking regular seroquel at that time , and I wasn't looking for

better , I was looking for less miserable.

Where are you at with seroquel hun?    And how are you doing today?

xxx

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

I'm so sorry you're going through such a tough patch , Ang.   I hope things improve for you very soon. 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Mentor

I agree Fresh, I only hope for less miserable, and yes today I was less miserable.   God, I hope this is the turning point for me.  

My seroquol has increased the last two or three days, I desperately needed the sedation.....     survival mode.

Went from 150, Saturday, to Sunday  200mg, today 250 mg.       I still take the 4 tablets of St Johns Wort.

I showered, did dishes, went to the shop and back, cleaned the kitchen a little bit, so a good day.....

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

Ang, I'm not certain but I think it can be dangerous to take St. John's wort with ssri..xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

• Moderator Emeritus

That's a huge change ang . . . I hope it sticks.    I was reading someone's thread today (Routamarja?)  who has taken 2 months

to stabilize on citalopram 20mg.    If it gets bad again remember today.

Here's a funny thing . . . on Saturday night I had 2 medium glasses of wine (at a fondue party , which I really enjoyed).  I was

home by 9 and by 11pm my feet were "burning" . . . super hot and red and feeling like they were puffy even though they weren't.

I haven't had this for at least 6 months , and am pretty sure it was triggered by the wine.  It lasted a couple of hours.  I'm

going to think very carefully before drinking again , it clearly disrupts my healing. 

You know where I'm going with this.    How about you clear your home of booze so you won't be tempted?

Happy Mothers Day ,   Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Another thought ang.  Now that you've reinstated , can you get any help from community mental health services?

It might be nice for you to have a visit once or twice a week.

xxx

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Mentor

Been there, done that.   Tried them so I could get a home when my son and I were homeless, no luck! Saw a psych there, a few times, now your fine, out the door.  And while I was there, in the waiting room, spoke to a man, he told me about a young lady, who had ECT, and obviously wasn't well, she went home and died overnight.   That young lady?  Was the young lady in my writings, she was in Graylands Public Mental Health institution, locked ward, while I was there 20 years ago....

whenever I saw her in the street, she didn't recognise me, always had her mum with her, and she had married and had two kids,.......  she couldn't focus, and shook.............  her doctor was a gp/// that gp killed her......  and obviously public mental health killed her also...

No mental health visited a few times, still didn't help me jump the queue to get a homeswest house, they came to the slum I was living in, with leeking roof, electrics about to electrocute anyone, a slum, that centrelink actually paid rent assistance for...........   NO  I LOST ALL CONFIDENCE IN GOVERNMENT HELPING.

been there done that.       One thing to keep in mind is a public health psychatrist is an unemployed gp,or any gp,   who works in a public mental health institution one year, then called a "psychiatrist".........     how appalling...........

One psychiatrist, yep mental health gp one year in Graylands, told me something, then                 when she saw the shocked look on my face.. said, oh and if you say I said that, I will deny it.......... yep power and control, this lady is Carolyn Zanetti, now head of Adolescent Psychiatry, Western Australia............................   so when it comes to public health psychgs?  Run a bloody mile, and Private Psychs?  Run a bloody mile.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Hi Ang, how are you doing? What did you decide to do with the new medication?

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

• Mentor

And Carolyn Zanetti, saying she would lie when it came to what she said to me?       Damn her, I have no confidence in her with kids, poor bloody kids.  She is now head of Adolescent Mental Health, Western Australia........     A grubby system, psychiatrists are not nice :)

• Mentor

hello bluebalu86 

I am sticking with it, been so emotionally sick for three days, hardly getting out of bed, and taking more seroquol to calm my irrational, weird, out of the blue thoughts,  guilt has been horrendous.  

But today a breakthrough, day 13, this afternoon, felt OK.  Like had a shower, got out of damn bed....  

I even got dressed !  My filthy old dressing gown, lets hope I do some washing tomorrow!

I was so teary yesterday, asked my son whether I should hang in there, or go to the infamous g ward... but I dont like being locked in.  He said to hang in, I dont deserve to be locked in...... he is 17 wise beyond his years.

tonight I smiled, and he was happy, we talked computers.... he has hidden in his room for months, no one wants a sad, suicidal  mother... good bless him...  was a lovely evening... hope for more.

So lets hope tomorrow is the same, but now I have had a few hours respite from the absolute misery, gives me hope.

• Mentor

My biggest fear?  That I will be the idiot and mentally impaired person I was on effexor, that is all..  Effexor is evil........I want to keep my personality, and survive, on anything, and reduce the stuff slowly.  But effexor?  Deadly, dont touch it, I will never, ever touch SNRIs again, they send ya crazy..........

Sick of being a guinea pig for these poisons, my dream?  being off the stuff before I die. Writing my story.  That we are the guinea pigs, none of these drugs are safe.  Psychiatry?  Evil. 

Is like my psychiatrists have thought how wonderful they are, taming me, when damn I used to be a very, very bright person... they have to control and manipulate, and be superior, that is what psychs do.

I want one day to be happily of the poisons, they are so, so damn addictive. I was lied to, as has everyone else, harmless, non addictive, not like non prescribed drugs?  Only difference is our drug dealer is called a psychiatrist, tis all.

I know I can not do another CT type thing, I would not survive, only surviving now by the skin of my teeth now, so to say.

Been through these horrors too many times now, I am getting weaker each time.

Damn the drugs, damn psychiatrists. Damn drug dealers, ie Pharma.

• Moderator Emeritus
 I got to this site too late, I gave up the poisons too quickly................. damnit! 

Me too ang, I also found this site too late to do a proper, safe taper and like you I've also lost a lot in life - marriage, home, work, relationships, hobbies, the ability to function in the most basic ways. I've also been trying to be the parent of a young adult, so I understand the guilt and desperation of suddenly not being able to be the parent you want to be.

I have struggled to get out of bed, to wash myself, to get to the grocery store, to brush my teeth, and even now I sometimes have problems doing these things when I'm in a wave.  The painful and frightening emotions have been overwhelming, the physical sensations have been almost unbearable and I've been tormented by my own thoughts to the point of being sure I had become insane.

But that's where our similarities end, because since I found this site, I stopped trying to relieve my symptoms with drugs, alcohol, caffeine, and most supplements apart from what we recommend here.

It took about a year and a half before I started noticing that I was actually getting better, but I survived  and now these days, its not so bad, most of the time. I still don't have much of a life and hardly go out, but I'm finally starting to feel better in a consistent kind of way which is restoring my confidence that there really is life after psyche drugs.

I'm not going to offer you any more advice, because I don't have anything new to say, but I do think you will start to recover when you stop making big changes, stop drinking alcohol and give your nervous system the stability it needs.

We can't support you or offer advice about starting new drugs. Our purpose here is to help people safely taper off their medication, or reduce the dose. If you decide to stay on the citalopram, I suggest a fairly fast taper off the St John's Wort because there is a potentially serious interaction.

http://www.rxlist.com/drug-interactions/citalopram-oral-and-st-johns-wort-oral-interaction.htm

Reading back through your thread from the beginning might be helpful and this thread if you haven't seen it already:

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Mentor

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/10/health/mexico-vaccine-deaths/ now I realise about pharma and antidepressant injuries, cant help but read more and more concerning things about vaccines.

• Mentor

Thankyou so much Petunia.  I am grateful I didnt get seriously on these meds until age 45.    I am now 56.     

I am so sure that age has a bearing on my decision to try another drug, and length of time on the drugs............  The reinstatements didn't work, and I know that this last new drug, is my last chance at any sort of drug help.  My brain is already damaged,         I have never, ever felt like I was walking through hell, like I am now....  if it works, then I can decrease slowly, or stay on the poisons.   

Effexor has destroyed my life.    I need to move on, I want to be a good grannie and parent to my youngest, now 17.  I am so damn grateful that none of them will touch these poisons.  

If I knew then, what I know now, I would have realised the brain damage I was causing myself, but ten years of brain damage?    If the Cit doesnt work, I will just have to grin and bear it for the long haul.

And for anyone out there considering the same thing, trying a new drug?   Only you can judge if it is worth it.... I would say dont do it, after two weeks I feel worse, I dont think the new trial will work, but have to give it another two weeks.  It makes me crave alcohol, I drink 750ml of wine a night, and treat that as just another drug in the mix.  Seroquol use has increased, now stabilizing at 200mg a day.   All the drugs are interacting.

My trial of hormone replacement?  Makes no difference, just hoping it will help my horrifically dry skin.

Magnesium is great, and gives me a calmness after 30 minutes   (previous to going back on drugs)....

If I am in it for the long haul, if the drugs dont help?   Lets hope I will be well enough to go outdoors with my Grandkids at age 60.  The youngest will then be 9, the oldest 18.

• Mentor

That's a huge change ang . . . I hope it sticks.    I was reading someone's thread today (Routamarja?)  who has taken 2 months

to stabilize on citalopram 20mg.    If it gets bad again remember today.

Here's a funny thing . . . on Saturday night I had 2 medium glasses of wine (at a fondue party , which I really enjoyed).  I was

home by 9 and by 11pm my feet were "burning" . . . super hot and red and feeling like they were puffy even though they weren't.

I haven't had this for at least 6 months , and am pretty sure it was triggered by the wine.  It lasted a couple of hours.  I'm

going to think very carefully before drinking again , it clearly disrupts my healing. 

You know where I'm going with this.    How about you clear your home of booze so you won't be tempted?

Happy Mothers Day ,   Fresh

hahah    would rather clear my home of citalopram, seroquel, effexor, mirtazipine, tegretol, ralovera, progynova, effexor, zoloft,  etc, etc.....so I wont be tempted!!!  hahah Hugs xx

• Mentor

wonderful, well done, well researched, and thank god he spoke up....   Well done!

• Mentor

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2015/04/24/4222316.htmhttp://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2015/04/24/4222316.htm                       really interesting.  Explains why I never caught the whooping cough, while testing about 5 a day for three months (who were positive for whooping cough, despite being fully vaccinated).  No amount of anything would have stopped me catching this disease, if I wasn't immune, coughed over so much, I never caught it.   so taken 5 years for the truth to come out.  Information moves slowly when medical interventions dont work/////

Now I understand, I had the old vaccine, the new vaccine, dont work.

• Mentor

https://detenganlavacuna.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/john-virapen-side-effects-death-confessions-of-a-pharma-insider.pdf   this link no longer works, apparently they are now making a hollywood movie, lets hope it is accurate.............  anyway, did anyone download this, I didn't, silly me...    A copy of this would be appreciated if anyone downloaded the full version.  

****************Found a copy, different link, anyone want a copy?

• Mentor

A poor day today, but I know I need to stick to the same amount of seroquel each day..... Am keeping a sort of diary now.        Lets see what tomorrow brings.

• Mentor

I have to have a shower today!  agggh!    Starting to think the cit trial was a bad move, I am not going out of the house, still have the same fears and horrors, so I still think I am worse than when I started the cit 16 days ago.  

Maybe I have just been "brainwashed" that the pills will help, and they aint.  At the moment, thinking I will stick with the trial for 4 weeks total, if they dont help by then, I really don't think they will work.  

Yep, probably making all the same mistakes as others, who eventually have recovered, drug free.......  thankyou all, so, so much, for your encouragement and advice.

Hi Ang, Sorry you're not doing well.   In the reinstatement thread, it says if you think you're worse - STOP!   Do you think you should go another 2 weeks?    You said you're feeling worse.   That could be a sign to "stop".    You say, " maybe I've been brainwashed that pills will help", but in all your posts, you are totally "against" , the drugs.   I don't know, but I'm just saying, "have a think " about it .  Having said that, I hope  you see some positive signs of recovery, very soon.  Wishing the best for you, Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Ang , I have to say , today and yesterday your thought form and content sound much more settled than a few weeks ago.

That's very sensible to keep a written record of your seroquel , they d/c me on 300mg/7

Thankyou for posting the Gotzshe video.

Do you think you could post it on my thread?

Thanks for your comments too - the whole song is a few posts higher.

Hugs ,

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Mentor

Absolutely, that gotzshe vidio is fantastic.  Do you really think I sound better?  Want to stick with it for another two weeks.  How are you?  You sound damn wonderful, buggar, I am so damn jealous :)

• Mentor

Runnin’ Down the Highway

Runnin down the highway                         Turn over the right way

Socks all intact                                          And not the left

Bottle beer swaying                                   We’ll catch you babe

What a rapp                                                Don’t seem so bereft

Pull up along side her                               Don’t’ use my right arm

Shes asks to get in the back                                 The lefts the best

Chair wasn’t good enough                          We know our stuff babe

She hit the sack                                           You know the rest

Her arms beside her                                    Well I woke on Monday

Laying all flat                                           Not Friday as I request

Lift your arm dear                                                 But that’s fine it’s Friday

Which one is that?                                                And I am almost better than best

Your taking the long way                          Got my sense of humour back

Seems so far                                               As I recall

Don’t be so dumb babe                               That stupid woman

WE KNOW OUR CAR                                 Runnin along socks n all.

14/12/2012 

• Mentor

That was me, I ran all the way to hospital, 10 km............half a valium, the nurse at triage would not serve me "unless I sat down".. I could not sit down!.  She rang the orderlies,I thought they were going to tackle me, but I knew one of them, and despite me unable to stand still, or stop, we talked plants, we both horticulturalists... mentally sane, but damn my body?  Crazy!!!

I needed water, the lady behind the glass wondow, wouldn't even give me water!  CAUSE I COULDN'T SIT DOWN!... I FOUND THE TOILETS, AND DRANK FROM THE TAP... No water available in ER waiting room.... no water supply, no cups, no water, nothing... and if you dont BEHAVE NO WATER,  I couldnt sit down, for gods sake!!! Akithisia???

I ran home... all 10ks....  they didnt understand, they wouldn't serve me unless I sat at a glass window, I was refused water, unless I behaved, at sat at a glass window??  I COULD NOT STOP................... I JUST RAN 10KM AND COULD NOT STOP??  I ran 10km home again..

But by afternoon, I lost my resolve, could not cope, so rang an ambo... only way to get into hospital without having to talk to an idiot at a window, who refused to serve me if I didn't sit down... I couldn't sit down!. I ran down the highway to meet the damn ambulance, they werent happy, but damn I rang 000 every intersection...... god the agony!!!   In the ambo?  I asked to be knocked out for 5 days, damn woke up 12 hours later, but damn that helped so much, worst of the valium horrific reaction had ended.

Guess what I was terrified, past experiences, realised I was locked in, why do they lock us in? Thank god!!!  I got out by 10.00 am, in Western Australia they are listening now!  Besides my medical records say allergic to valium (they didn't tell me!)...

How dare they lock us in when we are voluntary?? Why?

• Mentor

Yes the beer?  Was so damn hyper, was trying anything, anything to slow down.   Anything, anything to slow down.

When I took that half a valium, was like I could feel my brain going crazy, like I could feel it trying to make new connections, like threw my brain into chaos... Horrific feeling, I will never, ever forget....

I could fee the agony in my brain, god it was horrific!

• Mentor

http://www.madinamerica.com/2015/05/psychiatry-through-the-lens-of-institutional-corruption/             The institution of psychiatry, with its disease model, has dramatically changed our society over the past 35 years. It has given us a new philosophy of being, and altered how we view children and teenagers, and their struggles. It has touched every corner of our society, and this societal change has arisen because of a story told to the public that has been shaped by guild and pharmaceutical influences, as opposed to a record of good science. That is the nature of the harm done: our society has organized itself around a “corrupt” narrative.

• Mentor

Anyway, enough rambling.  Still feel awful.

Trying to think of this time feeling awful, WD, in any sort of positive light.

Spoke to one son on the phone.  He said he is happier how I am now, than how I was on that horrible effexor.   Perhaps I should be grateful, that I got my brain back.   Hard to forgive myself, but at least it seems, my children totally understand.  Having to admit to myself, that I wasn't well, when I thought I was, is a big deal.   But I have to cope with that.   I thank god I never hurt anyone, only my career, and myself....  my life, my marriage.              So hard, having to go thru those 8 years of my life, off the effexor, and re-evaluate it all, with a clear brain... perhaps that is all part of healing, and that is going to take a lot longer than 6 months.

Hugs to you all.   I know everyone is different, but I truly believe effexor is the drug from hell........ and I been on a few.  None have ever been as damaging to me, as effexor.

Hugs back to you xx

• Mentor

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/15/gvk-bio-india-idUSL4N0XC1O320150415     this follows on from the article, where France did an audit of testing done in India 2015....(where the drug manufacturers now do their tests)...  The previous report said that only 300 out of 3000 tests were auditable.   The truth seems that the tests, showed no heart failures etc, the proof from victims of these drugs, says different. USA tests drugs in India, easier to fudge, and cheaper to do...................so now no doubt blame India?  Get real!

Well done European Union, well done France, for their honesty.   Problem is how do you recall drugs people are addicted to, due to false tests and results?  

• Mentor

Hi Ang, Sorry you're not doing well.   In the reinstatement thread, it says if you think you're worse - STOP!   Do you think you should go another 2 weeks?    You said you're feeling worse.   That could be a sign to "stop".    You say, " maybe I've been brainwashed that pills will help", but in all your posts, you are totally "against" , the drugs.   I don't know, but I'm just saying, "have a think " about it .  Having said that, I hope  you see some positive signs of recovery, very soon.  Wishing the best for you, Ali.

Thankyou so much AliG, after 20 days on Cit, et al...., I feel worse.  ie not ruminating so much, but unable to get out of bed, unable to do dishes, today I managed to make a coffee, I believe I am worse.

All the time my brain getting used to drugs that dont damn well work... I am now on 300mg Seroquol, to counter balance the hyper from the cit, 20 mg.  .  And I have no appetite, dont even want to go out of house at all........   So confusing...... do I stick with the trial  as it takes up to 5? 6? 12?  weeks to work?   Or is that just marketing crap.??????????????

But that damn marketing  "You will feel worse before feeling better" Damn the bastards, we have to wait till our own brain is damaged by the damn drugs, and then the drugs work.

Advice please, anyone!

I am desperate, tis all, never felt suicidal in my life, now I wish I would die every day, but damn wake up every morning... Yes my brain (logical part) says the drugs have caused this, but damn once addicted, prefer to stay on any   addiction, and taper slowly... I am healing, in that I know the damage effexor did to my brain, my personality, my life................only 6 months has the truth hit my befuddled, effexor riddled brain.

just accepting it all, and waiting   perhaps that is all the healing I need.  THE DRUGS DESTROYED ME!   Advice Welcome!!  AM I STRONG ENOUGH TO ACCEPT THIS? That effexor destroyed my marriage, my life, my personality, my employability, my reputation????

One son said today, that he likes me better the way I am, than the the non me, Ie not the non-real  me on effexor. I( hope to write about the effexor me, in the future... the effexor me, who thought I was well, while my doctors ignored the fact I wasnt well, all caused by that damn drug.  

So instead of feeling worthless, not being able to do much, gosh if my kids prefer me being depressed, but the real me... wow!   I got my brain back, just gotta get over the damage effexor has done.   How do I do this?  Maybe the realisation that in 6 months I have had to reprocess everything I did while on effexor for 8 years, criticize it, analyse it, admit guilt, reprocess it..............  DAMN HARD.  

**** EFFEXOR.

• Mentor

Thanks AliG..  much appreciated.  thanks for caring.

• Mentor

http://www.bunburymail.com.au/story/3085418/south-west-australia-pole-competition-2015-photos/?cs=279#slide=155 my daughter, got into the pole comp, as someone pulled out.  Note she is the one still in "theme"  for her performance.  She loves pole for its athletic side, not the boobs and bums....  I love this photo.........she has creditation in teaching, and art, and yes, she loves fitness, but stayed in theme.... well done MichXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Moderator Emeritus

Hang in there, ang!

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

• Mentor

Oh thankyou so much Wigglelt   I am a mess, trying to think rationally, and it dont work!!! :)

Didnt take the cit today....   like three weeks, and it is still making me worse..............

so any moderators there?  do I do CT?  That is what I want to do,  I cant possibly feel any worse than I do now...  

Advice welcome, from anyone!  :)