☼ Martina23: Lyrica

Martina23

How do you handle bad thoughts?

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martina23

• LoveandLight

• Pugknows

• AliG

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Martina--  The first thing to remember is that the thoughts are not the real you, they are a manifestation of the drugs.  If you didn't have those types of thoughts before starting the drugs then they have to be caused by the drugs.  The second thing to remember is that even though they are scary, they are only thoughts and can not hurt you.  Thirdly you have to trust in yourself not to act on those thoughts.  Scary, nasty, violent thoughts are one of the major symptoms of withdrawal.  If I ever told anyone some of the things I have thought about I would be in a straightjacket locked away for good, but I knew that they were only the drugs talking and I would never do such things, so I let them go on their way.  Eventually they became fewer and fewer and milder in content, but it didn't happen over night.

Do not be afraid of your thoughts.  Being afraid adds what is called "secondary fear" to the thought itself and makes it much harder to control.  You need to Acknowledge that the thoughts are there.  If you can even take time to explore the thoughts and show yourself how irrational they are, how silly they are because they couldn't possible be yours because you just aren't that type of person.

Once you have Acknowledged them, then like an unwanted house guest you have to Accept that they are there and there is nothing that you can do about them but wait for them to leave.

If you ignore them long enough, like that unwanted house guest, they will Float away as you go on about your life.

It takes practice, but each time they come back you will be better prepared to handle them and before long they will just be there in the background and not bother you.  By the time you are done with withdrawal and recovery they will be long gone.

Hope that helps.

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Hey Martina,Brassmonkey said it all.  I can't say anymore except, that you have to stay strong for your children.   You will get through

this.  

Prayers and hugs.   Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

You both are so nice. I went to visit my children to my mother for Easter. My son Benny loves me so much, when he saw me he was immediately running to me. I love and Emily so much, I let my mother money that the children have everything they need. There were again times when there were these bad thoughts. I think they come mostly with touching. My children and me always liked to cuddle, I do it also now, but now when I touch the children on the beginning the feeling is negative and cumulates negatives thoughts. I do not know, I think it is drug induced. But today there were these bad thoughts and I had again bad ideas and I started crying that I have become a very bad person and I thought when I come I will make suicide. Benny was so looking after me when I was leaving. I called friends and they meant if I want to do suicide I should rather take medicine. I did not want so I dont know. These thoughts are so other, dont belong to me and I dont belong to me either. Poor children. I love them so much but maybe it is good that they are away from me.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

I'm glad you saw your children Martina, I'm so sorry about the bad thoughts and feelings. Though they are not real, I know how distressing it is to have intrusive thoughts and feelings that are not representative of how you really are in your soul. 

Have you tried talk therapy or cognitive behavioral therapy? or some kind of counselling while you're going through this?

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

I am going today to some therapy, but honestly I can not imagine that I will manage living like this. Today when I woke up there was a picture upon waking, it was dressed like person a had a cat's head. I think my brain is never more there. I would like to kill myself but how? I can not anymore

symptoms OCD

Today I was by the psychologist,she meant the suicide is not a good option because the children would have no parents at all.

symptoms OCD

I thought today that in this time when the children are away I will still find some part time job even for evening, because then I can give the money to children for something good.

Before withdrawal I was working on grounding of my company and to get the licences for this. I started already to prepare my website. It had to be for bookkeeping, balances and taxes and international taxes.  Now until my mind is ok I have given up this idea. So I think in the evening I will ask in some shops if they dont need some help or washing windows or I dont know. I would not feel so lonely and my children could get something nice or go somewhere for a trip.

symptoms OCD

Hi Martina, you have to take this talk, off the table, so to speak. It's not an option - You have these children,  who need their mother.

You can do this!    You need to be  strong.    You are strong !!    Prayers and hugs.    Ali .

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Your children love you and need their mother. Dark thoughts are really scarey, but the real you is someone who loves her children. That love can help you through this stressful time til your brain heals.

Martina, use this time to baby yourself and take moments to soothe your weary mind.

Talk out loud and tell your thoughts you know they are just thoughts and they aren't real. Write it on paper and tape it to the mirror in your bathroom.

THOUGHTS AREN'T REAL. MY BABIES ARE REAL AND I LIVE TO KEEP THEM SAFE IN MY ARMS.

Another one in the kitchen above the sink where you'll see it every day.

I LOVE MY BABIES. THEY ARE EVERYTHING TO ME.

Put signs all over your house and read them morning and night. Those sh*tty thoughts will be gone in two weeks.

You need to replace your bad thoughts with good thoughts. You haven't done that yet. You've been agonizing so much that you haven't been teaching your brain a new way to think. TEACH YOUR BRAIN WHAT YOU WANT IT TO THINK.

Love you, Pug.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I feel always more and more in rage. By me it is already a type of "violent rage" inside. What I read, it is quite common by Lyrica, as some people consider Lyrica to be similar to LSD. By a lot of people the rage subsided within 6 months but they were on zero Lyrica.  By me this is already six month (I am still holding: at the moment I am on 47,5 mg) but this violent rage is always only more. I am afraid that I will lose control and make something bad. I cosidered already to take some antidepressant to take the rage away, for example Effexor, but what I am reading the withdrawal seems the same like by Lyrica.

symptoms OCD

I decided that I will start running as of today, maybe it helps with this rage.

symptoms OCD

I too am experiencing rage. It's awful. I feel like I hate everyone and makes me self destructive as I cannot spend time with people so it goes inwards.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

By me a part of me loves people and my children and othe part tells me to make the people bad things. On Monday my children come back, I do not have an au-pair, I hope that nothing happens, when I am so much in rage. I hate myself, but I know it is not my fault. I think these medicaments depleted us of serotonin. Maybe by me it can be also a problem that I am still not on zero, maybe then also this GABA does not come online and by me everything is overfiring.

What are you doing against rage? It would interest me how long does it take.

Even when AliG tells me I should "get grip of myself", I still can not stop thinking about suicide as it makes me really sad that in the subway there was such on old woman on the wheelchair

symptoms OCD

and there came such a thought I should make her something bad. I would not go to details. I felt so low and bad at the moment. But I can not hinder that these thoughts come.

symptoms OCD

I don't think Ali meant it like that and I do not know if you can just stop thinking of it at the moment. I only seem to feel rage for people except people on here and my long suffering parents. I used to be a kind, compassionate person but it seems to have gone.

Can't do anything with the rage. Avoid people as much as poss.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

It's very difficult and awful. But you know this is not the real you. I actually in all my WD attempts came to believe that w/o meds this was actually the real me. Thought I should be locked up. Keep going Martina. You are a lovely person.

Thanks LoveandLight, you are so compassionate, that it hurts me that you have to suffer from these drugs so much. I hope that it passes for you quickly and that we can both enjoy the life even more than before.

symptoms OCD

Yes let's hope so xxx

I asked at the moment on the "lyrica survivors group" and they said that quite a lot of people have an issue with rage, but that it passes. And that maybe the problem is that I am still on the little dose, that I should try in a month again to come off and after some time the rage would go away.

symptoms OCD

I admire so much avatar from caperjackie, it is full of emotions, something what I completely lost in Lyrica withdrawal and what I am most probably not capable of anymore

symptoms OCD

Martina, Can I just say how  very sorry I am, if I have hurt your feelings.  I wanted to encourage  you and came across too strong . You just seem like such a lovely person and it was breaking my heart to hear you talk like that.  I just wanted you to think about all that you have to live for.  It was a "tough love " approach, but I'm so sorry if it caused you any distress.  I'm having strong neuro - emotions myself,at the moment, combined with insomnia, which makes my judgement cloudy.   I hope you will forgive me for that, as I certainly

meant to help.   I wish only the best, for you  and I know you will get through this.    Prayers and hugs.

AliG, it is ok. I understand. I love my babies very much.

I some way I understand that noone cares but I dont even expect from the people that they would care if I make suicide or not. You have only to understand that this thought stays in my mind, as you can not imagine intrusive thoughts I have. And this I have never had. And I honestly can not imagine to go with my life only thinking bad thoughts. I dont find myself in it. I know I should take that it is temporary. But I dont know it. This Lyrica made already so many people irreversible damage, that I am not sure of anything.

Please when I am suicidal next time, please just ignore it and I would have less pressure inside to scream it out.

I hope everything is ok with you and that you have a good day.

Martina

symptoms OCD

I feel so destroyed and lonely.

symptoms OCD

Martina, I'm so sorry you are suffering. Hugs to you. Pug.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

It is funny. But today and yesterday I feel some change. This negative is still here, I still have these bad thoughts considering other people. This did not go away.

It is more that yesterday and today my general feeling changed a little. Before I had a feeling that for this all only suicide is inevitable and that there is no life after this. And yesterday in the evening at once I got the feeling that there is no necessity to die. That it is only one problem which has to be solved. And that life is so beautiful and there are so many things I would still like to see like to go to Egypt and explore the caves and see a grand canyon and amazonas and these things still can be done. And when this is over, I think I will start to live my life other. I would not think so much on carrer, but just use this time to see all the miracles the nature did and try to use my feelings for maximum, because it is the only thing which really does have a sense.

I do not know if I manage this withdrawal, maybe not, but at once I see also the beauties of staying alive.

symptoms OCD

So now I buy for the children a big TEDDY BEAR, and I am going to visit them!!!! The working time is over!!!

symptoms OCD

I'm so pleased you could sense that xxx

Just stopping by to say hello Martina and I'm sorry you're having such a dreadful time. It will get better.

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

Keep those dreams alive, they are all fantastic places and there are many more besides.  Get past all this withdrawal stuff and life will be wonderful again.

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

I know this was a few weeks ago, but you asked me:  

But, JanCarol, when you mean that even psychosis would disappear and I would be like before, I decided that I will start again be active in my life. I will start again to learn for the exams to be a tax advisor and make sport and travel. I am curious, how long will I stay so positive, I presume until next wave...

Accountants unite!  (now I'm being silly)  I was an accountant too, when I was your age.  Now I'm in a faraway country with different tax laws - and I'm older, the tax laws have changed in my home country - so I would have to go to school to do this, too.  (I've decided I'm too old to start this again).

Your problems are not psychosis, they are caused by the chemicals.  So yes, they will pass. They may feel like psychosis, like "hearing voices" and paranoia, but be patient, you are still under a year since your big drop, and your taper was very fast.  More and more, you will see positive days. 

Yes, you will have difficult ones, too - I won't lie to you.  I will read more, I think you are struggling, from what I saw on page 9, I am slow, but I will catch up!  {{{Martina}}}

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Martina, On March 27 you wrote:  

went from 50 mg/day only to 47,5 mg 

Please take your tapers slowly, with all of your responsibility, this is heavy for you, and you are very sensitive.  

Were you symptom free before you tapered?  Then it was not time to taper.  

I hope this didn't make things more difficult.   Please update your signature so we know what you are doing.

I read on.....

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

• Moderator Emeritus

I have finished reading (sorry so slow)

And look!  Not quite a window, but maybe a glimpse of something?  The Grand Canyon, the Amazon?  A little dream took root?

Feed that dream, find pictures in magazines of the places you want to go - and next to those signs that say, "I LOVE MY BABIES" post these magazine pictures, and remind yourself:  Greece.  Ireland.  The Great Wall of China, The Great Barrier Reef - all of these beautiful gems waiting for your senses to absorb.  Be present with your dreams, feed and water them like tender plants.

Please do not adjust your medicine for at least another 2-3 months!  Please?

I sense, as have others, that there is more going on in your life than you can say right now.  That you are in withdrawal, and the withdrawal is emphasizing things that make you afraid.  These fears become images, obsessions and impulses.  You need to starve them, throw them out the window - or - as Dave says:  really BE with them, learn about yourself enough to pass through the fear, to the other side.  And a therapist will help you with this.  Getting a recommendation from a friend or work colleague is good, better than random in the phone book.

When I moved to Australia, I got a recommendation from my husband's sister, a PhD Psychologist.  She could not see me because of "conflict of interest" (and I would never speak so freely to her, anyway!)  Her recommendations were all excellent, and I found my first choices very good for me. 

Finding a therapist is like finding a good restaurant, there are things you won't like, and things you will.  You need to decide if this is the therapist for you - if anything seems slimy or untrustworthy, do not go back.  You need to be safe with your therapist.  

But the sooner you get your first session, the better.  You're right:  you can't go on like this - so you have to CHANGE something.  The "All or nothing" solution is unacceptable, to your family, to us (we care about you) to your friends (who sound like very good support), and ultimately to your future self.

Change something.  Except for your medicine.  Do not taper or change your medicine at all - you haven't settled enough to do so.

Change the channel - dealing with cognitive symptoms

JanCarol, thank you very much that you wrote me. It was nice and I like your writing very much. I am only not sure if I stay on the current dose for 2-3 months. You know, my body does not do anything (after former discontinuation I got harm OCD, this is something to shoot yourself immediately) and I am not sure if the body can heal when the drug is still in the body.

symptoms OCD

Again in the morning I got pictures how I am running with the knife on my children, I am sure this Lyrica destroyed me the whole head. I can not do this anymore, I feel so guilty even when I know normally I love my children and I dont want to hurt them. They are actually my first and biggest achievement till now. I dont know, i am afraid to make suicide but I would like to protect them also. I dont know, I dont want to live anymore.

symptoms OCD