Faithbarelysurviving: Too damaged?

Faithbarelysurviving

I am misunderstanding things, i am very sensitive, i am not human anymore. I am sorry.

Just pray for me please. I am to damaged

Please have patience and read : a great Mental Health Care System indeed/Never been hospitalized prior to starting meds

-Not sure all is accurate:2005 Diag. with major depression and anxiety after second birth

-switched AD,getting worse (maybe:Celexa, Effexor, Wellbutrin-diagnosed with bp

-Zyprexa, stopped it fast, got hosp.,Seroquel incr. at 300mg, wors. depr, akathisia bad,

-changed dr.,dropped Seroquel 300mg to 100mg !!!-

-new dr.got me off Seroquel in 1 mth at home!!Lamictal to help...getting worse,was also taking Clonazepam

-severe muscle twiches, dp/dr,neck and shoulder muscles tight straight like cement, psychotic, bedridden for 1yr

-Got put on Zoloft in the hosp.,and 3 mg of Clonazepam, "Stabilized" some after some months, 5-6,

-Came off Zoloft by dropping some weekly, not knowing better!debilitating symptoms, got back on, tried to reduce Clonazepam after research.Prof. Ashton; hosp., asked dr. to follow Dr Ashton, he dropped 3 mg Clon. in One day!put on much less Valium...hysterical,pain,rage,couldn t breathe,akathisia etc etc

-Zoloft up to 200mg!, hyperv. muscles tight like cement...my dr., on vacation!!Other dr red.zoloft, gave me Remeron

Current meds:Buspirone 20mg,Tegretol200mg,Trazadone 50 mg,Clonaz. 3mg,Escital.15mg,Propran.20mg,Bupropr.150mg,Baclofen30mg,Gabapentin200mg, taken 4 times/day in various comb

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Faithbarelysurviving

• Altostrata

• btdt

• bluebalu86

Top Posters In This Topic

Faith, I'm praying for you. Thank you so much for your support, I really appreciate it. Try to decrease the doses of your meds like Alto suggested. She's very knowledgeable on these matters. All of us here are with you and we have your back and will support you through this. We have your best interest at heart. We all love you and care for you and want only the best for you. You will make it honey. Try to decrease your doses. Keep a diary with your symptoms to see how the decreases affect you.

Hugs and kisses

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

that's the purpose of these drugs faith...the loss of humanity.

I'm in the same condition...I'm not the old Luca waking up every morning with life inside me. There is nothing inside me...I hope we will get a better tomorrow, I want to believe every day we recover a bit, even if we don't notice it. Hold on faith, please hold on!

March 2010/ October 2010:

Sereupin 30mg a day, EN 15 drops a day

October 2010/ 1st November 2014:

Cipralex 50mg a day (tapered to 40mg a day in August 2013), EN 15 drops a day (switched to Lexotan 15 drops a day in September 2014)

Started Risperdal 1mg a day on the 1st November 2014.

Stopped Risperdal on the 23 November 2014 because that day, after a short mental crysis, I suddenly lost all my emotions,desires,motivation and they not come back yet.

Stopped Cipralex C/T in December 2014.

Added, tapered and stopped other drugs during the following months (also a voluntary hospitalization in January 2015 for a suicide attempt)...no changes yet.

I'm med free from 3rd December 2015

Faith, you have to reduce medicaments, just to hold on would be not enough. I hope you are all right.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Blu i can t keep a journal i cannot write I put in here what I can

Please have patience and read : a great Mental Health Care System indeed/Never been hospitalized prior to starting meds

-Not sure all is accurate:2005 Diag. with major depression and anxiety after second birth

-Zyprexa, stopped it fast, got hosp.,Seroquel incr. at 300mg, wors. depr, akathisia bad,

-new dr.got me off Seroquel in 1 mth at home!!Lamictal to help...getting worse,was also taking Clonazepam

-severe muscle twiches, dp/dr,neck and shoulder muscles tight straight like cement, psychotic, bedridden for 1yr

-Got put on Zoloft in the hosp.,and 3 mg of Clonazepam, "Stabilized" some after some months, 5-6,

-Came off Zoloft by dropping some weekly, not knowing better!debilitating symptoms, got back on, tried to reduce Clonazepam after research.Prof. Ashton; hosp., asked dr. to follow Dr Ashton, he dropped 3 mg Clon. in One day!put on much less Valium...hysterical,pain,rage,couldn t breathe,akathisia etc etc

-Zoloft up to 200mg!, hyperv. muscles tight like cement...my dr., on vacation!!Other dr red.zoloft, gave me Remeron

Current meds:Buspirone 20mg,Tegretol200mg,Trazadone 50 mg,Clonaz. 3mg,Escital.15mg,Propran.20mg,Bupropr.150mg,Baclofen30mg,Gabapentin200mg, taken 4 times/day in various comb

"The syndrome of withdrawal from sedative/hypnotic/anxiolytic drugs can appear as any combination

of irritability anxiety, agitation, insomnia, tremor, abdominal cramps, muscle cramps, vomiting, sweating, flu-like symptoms without fever, and occasionally, even as seizures."From advice to come off buspirone

When i first came on this site, Iwas in withdrawal from Buspar and I couldn t tKe it anymore because i am soooo sensitive so I went back on one piece.

-horrible irritability and aggression

-agitation(Aksthisia mind and body)

-tremor

-abdominal cramps close to fainting of the sharpnrss of pain

-muscles jumping all over my body

-neck twiches my head switched to right or lrft involuntary

-vomiting in my bed, sweating, delusional

-flu like

-couldn t move my head

-head pain horrible

-mind retarted, could not walk, eat or drink, thoght I was talking to the President and he gave me his car etc

-mind racing and changing constantly like switching tv chanels without stopping and all the channels are malffunctioning

-dizzines, rolling my eyes, in bed no shower nothing, brainzaps

So it is withdrawal from buspirone....God have mercy...

and very suicidal , first thing when I would wake up it was about killing myself, obssesed with negative negative and rage...

That is when I found the SA site in my demented mind....

And my inlaws are coming here God, if i behave like that they ll put me in the hospital

I think i have an appt with my dr soon, he ll see me like that...that is If I can go....i am desperate

Alto has to cut through all of our "emoting" to get through to what objective steps can be taken. But emoting is fine...it's all over this website and well it should be.

However, it is also true that whatever circuits you run in your mind will get stronger, so making more pleasant circuits stronger is an option that we all benefit from laying hold of when we can. But anyone who has been through akathisia has nothing but compassion for you...say whatever you want. But Alto needs the most objective data you can provide once in a while.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

I am sorry I don t understand . What should I say?

Whatever helps. But once a day you need to stop and write about things like: Am I better or worse? Do I have new symptoms? Did I take my meds as planned? Could I possibly stand to get a little worse if I make another little cut? And in your own heart, you have to decide, Is this still my best option, to try slowly reducing meds at home?

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

56 years old

But i just made a cut...

Trying to reduce the meds at home... At the hospital they will torture me even more considering how sensitive i am, and they think i am doing it on purpose...if they reduce meds they will do it fast, if they see me like this they ll put me on antipsychotics to "calm me down", no more hospital, i will rather kill myself!i know i am not in my right mind, they will se that, they will do what ? More meds right or fast crazy withdrawal....That is how my dr does it . I dd rather kill myself, i am out of my mind anyway.

Yes, you just made a cut, it's not time for another. But Alto needs to know that you are dosing the same each day, and when you think you might be ready for another one. You don't have the luxury of feeling "stable" before each of these early cuts. When someone is really distraught and their brain is struggling, we need the reassurance that you have taken your medicine as suggested. Or not taken it as suggested, we all make mistakes sometimes.

56 years old

Yes i ll go with the cut.

If you can get some good thoughts in your head to hold onto.. it does not have to be real.. make something up it helps your brain I really believe it.. and I used a lot of relaxation videos I think I sent you a couple .. I use to do them 3x times a day to calm down. 

I also did this tho it looks silly it seemed to help if only a little it gave me something positive to do to help myself better than doing nothing 

I wish you peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Bdtd

Love you

Tried the Eft technique and sometimes would help a little

Thank you busy bee

Blessings

Akathisia-Wikipedia

"Healy, et al. (2006), described the following regarding akathisia: tension, insomnia, a sense of discomfort, motor restlessness, and marked anxiety and panic. Increased labile affect can result, such as weepiness. [8]

Severe akathisia can become a very harrowing experience. Jack Henry Abbot (1981) describes the sensation:[9]

...[it comes] from so deep inside you, you cannot locate the source of the pain … The muscles of your jawbone go berserk, so that you bite the inside of your mouth and your jaw locks and the pain throbs. … Your spinal column stiffens so that you can hardly move your head or your neck and sometimes your back bends like a bow and you cannot stand up. … You ache with restlessness, so you feel you have to walk, to pace. And then as soon as you start pacing, the opposite occurs to you; you must sit and rest. Back and forth, up and down you go … you cannot get relief …"l

Akathisia-Wikipedia

"Healy, et al. (2006), described the following regarding akathisia: tension, insomnia, a sense of discomfort, motor restlessness, and marked anxiety and panic. Increased labile affect can result, such as weepiness. [8]

Severe akathisia can become a very harrowing experience. Jack Henry Abbot (1981) describes the sensation:[9]

...[it comes] from so deep inside you, you cannot locate the source of the pain … The muscles of your jawbone go berserk, so that you bite the inside of your mouth and your jaw locks and the pain throbs. … Your spinal column stiffens so that you can hardly move your head or your neck and sometimes your back bends like a bow and you cannot stand up. … You ache with restlessness, so you feel you have to walk, to pace. And then as soon as you start pacing, the opposite occurs to you; you must sit and rest. Back and forth, up and down you go … you cannot get relief …"l

One day it will ease enough you can walk as soon as that happens your on your way.  You will know there are all sorts of things on this site about Akathisia not the greatest topic but we must know about it sad there is so much to learn when we feel the worst. It seems not right to me. 

peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Faith, you have to reduce medicaments, just to hold on would be not enough. I hope you are all right.

I am trying Martina...

No not ok ...

Anybody knows what are the psychologycal effects of akathisia?

For cutting the Buspar, when should I feel withdrawals?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Faith , the psychological effects of akathisia include despair , a preoccupation with thoughts of death

and dying , and impulsive thoughts to self-harm.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi Fresh

How about anger and rage?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Faith , not so much anger and rage as far as I know , but I forgot to add fear/terror.

About dumb things like going in the shower , or picking up a glass and being scared you'll drop it.

Absolute heart-pounding , can't breathe terror is the best way I can describe it.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

I am not pacing i am in bed and feel the need to move my body. It is like waves of moving my body, tightness build up in my head jaw neck going down my spine and mentally nothing makes sense, like my mind is out of control, irritable, like a seasure....grinding teeth...can this be also akathisia in a more advanced stage?

Moving my feet/legs, shortness of breath....yes fear terror,, then can change into anger and irritability, very negative and sorry for the word..."bitchy", mean. Then it gets mellower somehow and lives me exausted, my mind absent and drugged like and my body tingly all over and heavy like a rock, cannot stand, wabbly, no feelings no emotions.... And then builds up again

Thank you Fresh

• Moderator Emeritus

You have a combination of things going on Faith. Some withdrawal symptoms as well as akathisia.

It's not more advanced , it just presents differently in each of us I think. I remember when i could

eventually sit for short periods , I sat there watching my feet. I told my mother "It looks like they're still ,

but they're marching on the inside."

Rest as best as you can. Listen to relaxation cd's or tv if you can , anything your mind can try to focus on.

You're doing an amazing thing getting through this , I have enormous respect for your strength.

xxx

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Thank you Fresh.cannot rest day and night

Please take a look at this and anybody that wishes to help:

http://www.antidepressantadversereactions.com/side_effects/hostility.php

Can the hostility aggression be from withdrawal? From antidepressantsi am taking? From the past benzo withdrawals

Hostility and aggression can be also from withdrawal.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

As Martina says , yes , they can be from withdrawal.

Or they can come when your system is toxic from too much meds. swimming around that you're not

metabolizing - neuro-toxicity. I've had serious episodes of rage and anger in both circumstances , but

it's totally gone away now.

Anger and rage can also be a rebound effect from benzos. , they seem to make you feel better initially

then 24 hours later have the opposite effect.

Excellent link Faith , thankyou.

Has anybody else lost their emoticons?

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

I think i may have dystonia or a type of neurologycal disorder...with my neck twiching, my head wably, then my neck tight puling up my spine, moving my tongue agaist my teeth, orthomandibular dystonia i think they call it.....they forced me to take antipsychotic meds in the hospital, criminals.....just like they lie and force so many other people.

I take niacin and it helps sometimes, like a calming effect on my mind and my mood, i think i will continue to take it maybe in time will help neurologycally and my brain to maybe recover a little...I hope so

I have a site About Movement disorders caused by drugs and orthomolecular trials with niacin and other vitamins such as manganese that might help.....

I ll share it here and in the dystonia topics for reading if that is ok

Has anybody else lost their emotions? I haven't, but I've sure lost CONTROL of them!!! Just had a horrible time about ten days ago. It happens. Plus, Faith, you have and will have authentic anger from this experience. You've got it coming from all directions. Just hold the course as best you can. I echo what Fresh said. We respect your struggle.

56 years old

Thank you. And yes, i am loosing Conyrol over my emotions too.... With me is like this: now i am emotionless and absent, the next minute, everything changes, may be rage, hate, suicidal, mean like crazy, crazy , yelling, smashing the door.....there is no pattern, my mind, thinking, perceptions, cognition, mood a Huge Chaos + the physycal stabbings in the head, biting my tongue due to clenching, lower back pain, tight head like crazy, nerve pain in face teeth, grinding teeth, blury vision, sensitivity to ligh, soundsmell, Feelings in my head Unbearable, Total chaos is my mynd and body.. Andd It got worse when my stupid dr got me off valium almost cold turkey, the previous one CT off clonazepam... Of coutse i am nuts ..... and disabled ... And covered all with more meds