Ucfgemini

Recommended doctors, therapists, and clinics

ChessieCat

@Victor3     @Zeena

I suggest that you DO NOT post the email address publicly.  Please PM the member.

Being very patient.  I'll get there - slowly.  ETA mid 2021

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft/sertraline; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)

Began tapering Oct 2015  Current from 17 Oct 2020:  Pristiq 0.56 mg (compounded + liquid)

My tapering program

My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

Zeena
On 3/25/2019 at 10:37 PM, planifolia said:

Hello. Anyone know any psychiatrist in Asia? 

Where in Asia 

Feb 2018 - April 2019 - On 25mg Paxil (12.5 mg in the morning and 12.5 mg at night) and clonezepam (0.25 mg at night as and when needed)

In April had a break from both for 15 days due to surgery 

End of April - Sept 2019 - Was able to gradually stop both Paxil and Clonezepam 

Oct 2019 - Jan 2020 - Had the best days and was not taking any of the above two (started to take supplements as listed in the post)

End of Jan 2020 - Severe anxiety kicked in and a really bad insomnia ( for the last two months have only been able to sleep for 2 hours continous, wake up night and start to walk around and vocalizations seem to be getting worse)

Shep
10 hours ago, Victor3 said:

Good news.....

After years of research and money spent, I have found the natural cure for most of the diseases including chronic depression, anxiety, chronic stress, bipolar disorder, and other psychiatric disorders, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, some forms of cancer, auto-immune diseases, just to name a few. And this treatment will aid in our  drug tapering process with minimum or no withdrawal symptoms. 

But this treatment requires significant diet and lifestyle changes which can be difficult. Two of my friends are already cured from severe anxiety drugs with no withdrawal symptoms. I am also not having any withdrawal symptoms. I can post here his email if anyone needs it.

Victor, there are many people hawking all kinds of "cures" for psychiatric drug withdrawal and if they are speaking in the language of psychiatry's "chemical imbalance" and trying to fix neurotransmitters, they should be approached with caution. The concept of "depression, anxiety" etc. as a "psychiatric disorder" is code for psychiatry's chemical imbalance lie. 

From what we know after years of people posting their tapering experiences, the best outcomes happen because of a slow taper. 

Many of us do have to make significant dietary changes including not eating processed foods and giving up sugar, caffeine, alcohol, and for some sensitive members, restricting gluten and dairy. But there are no magical fixes to withdrawal that can replace a slow taper. Many people are on very careful diets but still suffering from withdrawal. 

You mention having spent a lot of money, so I just want to caution members against contacting anyone who might take advantage of their situation. 

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

My Success Story:  Shep's Success: "Leaving Plato's Cave"

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good — need we ask anyone to tell us these things? ~ Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Victor3

Hi Shep. This treatment is not just about dietary changes and it's not based on fixing any chemical imbalance. There is much more to it. And what I meant regarding money spent is that I spent a lot of money before on other kinds of treatment including prescription drugs, supplements, doctor visits and many more. But the current treatment I did cost me around 100 dollars only. And I am not suggesting anyone to stop the taper. Tapering is the perfect process. I am talking about the horrible withdrawal symptoms which can be avoided.

Jan 2001, was prescribed split personality medications and psychotic meds for severe anxiety, change of behavior and stress and overthinking.( Was 16 years old). I was very very quiet, shy, serious person. Do not remember name of meds. 

2005 to 2008 - on and off on same medications. Didn't use any meds for 2 years and had severe panic and psychosis.almost hospitalized. Went to new psychiatrist and gave Zoloft and Xanax for a month. Didn't work much. 

2011 - was prescribed cymbalta (don't remember dose) .it changed my life. Felt like I was born again. Did good for about 4 years. 

Became less effective slowly. Tried to withdraw myself through amino acids. Worked for some months but then had serious psychosis and panic. Felt like dying and loss of complete control of mind and body.2016 - prescribed 20mg Lexapro and 1mg rexulti. I stopped rexulti after like 2 years 6 months on my own. It was successful.Currently on Lexapro 20mg and this dose is going to go lower soon.....this time I am confident about it. March 9 2020 - reduced dose to 17.5 mg. After 2 days, had severe withdrawal symptoms of headache, dry mouth, brain zaps, fever, body and muscle pain, lack of control and coordination, improper sleep.

March 13 - went back to 20 mg.

March 22 2020 - reduced dose to 10 mg

Made significant diet and lifestyle changes. Became vegan, gluten free ( no processed or junk food). April 11, 2020 - dose reduced to 5 mg.having no withdrawal symptoms. 

May 4, 2020 - dose reduced to 2.5 mg. Started meditation daily. Having no withdrawal symptoms. Just a little disturbed sleep. May 11 - Having improved sleep, increased libido, feeling inner joy, happiness and calmness, increased energy levels, lost 10 lbs in 2 months, increased sense of humor. May 17 - having 2.5 mg dose on alternate days only. COVID-19 has turned out to be a boon for me indeed, since I have more free time for myself for meditation and relaxation and exploring alternative ways of better lifestyle. May 26 - having 1.25mg dose everyday. For the first time in my life, I am experiencing that how it feels to be normal and in peace because I have never felt calmness in my life. The best is still yet to come. June 1, 2020 final dose of 1 mg Lexapro. End of POISON. Please note that this success is due to the incredible help from experienced people on this forum, knowing real truth behind this harmful drugs, significant diet and lifestyle changes, meditation, strong positive belief system, support from family, having faith in God, making use of lockdown during COVID-19 to spend more time with self realization and nature. I have also finally realized that only nature has a cure for all the sufferings and diseases, but most of us do not know how to use it's secret power of balance and healing.

God bless us all.🙏

Shep
Just now, Victor3 said:

Hi Shep. This treatment is not just about dietary changes and it's not based on fixing any chemical imbalance. There is much more to it. And what I meant regarding money spent is that I spent a lot of money before on other kinds of treatment including prescription drugs, supplements, doctor visits and many more. But the current treatment I did cost me around 100 dollars only. And I am not suggesting anyone to stop the taper. Tapering is the perfect process. I am talking about the horrible withdrawal symptoms which can be avoided.

Thank you for your explanation, Victor. But sending people to someone charging even just  $100 is marketing, which is something not allowed here. Again, we are very leery of these kinds of claims and feel the need to protect our vulnerable members from any kind of exploitation, no matter how well meaning. And $100 is a lot to people already struggling financially even prior to the current economic situation due to the pandemic. 

Since you're posting in the Recommended Doctor section, it does come across as marketing. 

However, please feel free to post about what you're doing that you feel is helpful, either in your own Intro section or over in the Symptoms and self-care area in the various threads dealing with dietary changes and lifestyle improvements. 

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

My Success Story:  Shep's Success: "Leaving Plato's Cave"

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good — need we ask anyone to tell us these things? ~ Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Victor3

Ok. No problem Shep. Thank you for letting me know. I didn't know about this. I will put in my intro section. I wrote this because I have never felt so happy and stable that I am feeling now for the past 20 years. So wanted to help others too....

Jan 2001, was prescribed split personality medications and psychotic meds for severe anxiety, change of behavior and stress and overthinking.( Was 16 years old). I was very very quiet, shy, serious person. Do not remember name of meds. 

2005 to 2008 - on and off on same medications. Didn't use any meds for 2 years and had severe panic and psychosis.almost hospitalized. Went to new psychiatrist and gave Zoloft and Xanax for a month. Didn't work much. 

2011 - was prescribed cymbalta (don't remember dose) .it changed my life. Felt like I was born again. Did good for about 4 years. 

Became less effective slowly. Tried to withdraw myself through amino acids. Worked for some months but then had serious psychosis and panic. Felt like dying and loss of complete control of mind and body.2016 - prescribed 20mg Lexapro and 1mg rexulti. I stopped rexulti after like 2 years 6 months on my own. It was successful.Currently on Lexapro 20mg and this dose is going to go lower soon.....this time I am confident about it. March 9 2020 - reduced dose to 17.5 mg. After 2 days, had severe withdrawal symptoms of headache, dry mouth, brain zaps, fever, body and muscle pain, lack of control and coordination, improper sleep.

March 13 - went back to 20 mg.

March 22 2020 - reduced dose to 10 mg

Made significant diet and lifestyle changes. Became vegan, gluten free ( no processed or junk food). April 11, 2020 - dose reduced to 5 mg.having no withdrawal symptoms. 

May 4, 2020 - dose reduced to 2.5 mg. Started meditation daily. Having no withdrawal symptoms. Just a little disturbed sleep. May 11 - Having improved sleep, increased libido, feeling inner joy, happiness and calmness, increased energy levels, lost 10 lbs in 2 months, increased sense of humor. May 17 - having 2.5 mg dose on alternate days only. COVID-19 has turned out to be a boon for me indeed, since I have more free time for myself for meditation and relaxation and exploring alternative ways of better lifestyle. May 26 - having 1.25mg dose everyday. For the first time in my life, I am experiencing that how it feels to be normal and in peace because I have never felt calmness in my life. The best is still yet to come. June 1, 2020 final dose of 1 mg Lexapro. End of POISON. Please note that this success is due to the incredible help from experienced people on this forum, knowing real truth behind this harmful drugs, significant diet and lifestyle changes, meditation, strong positive belief system, support from family, having faith in God, making use of lockdown during COVID-19 to spend more time with self realization and nature. I have also finally realized that only nature has a cure for all the sufferings and diseases, but most of us do not know how to use it's secret power of balance and healing.

God bless us all.🙏

Altostrata
18 hours ago, Victor3 said:

Admin note: See this post here

Good news.....

After years of research and money spent, I have found the natural cure for most of the diseases including chronic depression, anxiety, chronic stress, bipolar disorder, and other psychiatric disorders, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, some forms of cancer, auto-immune diseases, just to name a few. And this treatment will aid in our  drug tapering process with minimum or no withdrawal symptoms. 

But this treatment requires significant diet and lifestyle changes which can be difficult. Two of my friends are already cured from severe anxiety drugs with no withdrawal symptoms. I am also not having any withdrawal symptoms. I can post here his email if anyone needs it.

Please note we do not recommend any naturopathic treatments for withdrawal, particularly ones that claim to cure multiple illnesses.

Strongly advise each person to carefully evaluate their own situation and decide if, for example. a special diet might be helpful. You often can try this without paying for any kind of advisor.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

rapunzel2

Im in desperate need of doctor who can do skype consultation and is knowledgeable about akathisia and adverse reaction. Im located in Estonia, Europe. Can anybody recommend anybody? Tried to contact yolande lucire but she is not answering emails or calls.

in 2002- 0,5 tablet cipramil for half a year, ended it uneventfully. in 2006 - citalopram for half a year, ended in horrific state, ditched the drugs CT. 2007-2008 not feeling well but drug free. in 2008 prozac 20mg + quetiapine 25mg. 2009 tried to stop, ended up in hole after couple of months, started zoloft. 2009-2011 zoloft 50mg. went to 25mg in 2011 summer, it resulted in half a year horrible suffering. reinstated, changed drugs, nothing happened. by 2012 beginning suddenly felt great and CT meds. after 4 months came suddenly most horrible human suffering that's possible. was started on prozac and questiapine. started tapering slowly, GFCF diet and Hardy Nutritionals vitamins in 2013 summer. 

current medications: 1) fluoxetine and quetiapine since Aug 2012; 2) Daily Essential Nutrients by Hardy Nutritionals 7 capsules / since May 2013 + omega3; 3) Gluten-free-casein-free diet since june 2013

Started withdrawing slowly since april 2013. Mostly around 10% cuts. 

April'13 - March'14: fluoxetine 40mg -> 19,5mg; quetiapine 50mg -> 40mg
April'14-March'15: fluoxetine 19,5mg -> 14,4mg; quetiapine 40mg -> 22mg

April'15-March'16: fluoxetine 14,4mg -> 7,4mg; quetiapine 22mg -> 15mg

April'16-March'17: fluoxetine 7,4mg -> 5,0mg; quetiapine 15mg -> 7,25mg

April'17-March'18: fluoxetine 5,0mg -> 4,0mg; quetiapine 7,25mg -> 0 (as of 1st Feb 2018)!!!!

April´18-March´19: fluoxetine 4,0mg - > 2,3mg

Finished my taper on 23 July 2019!!!!!! ZERO drugs in my system!!! jumped off from 1,4mg fluoxetine which was unfortunately too high jump-off point for me. suffering severe withdrawal since. delayed onset came 4 months after jumping.

Myrah

Any doctor recommendation in chennai, India who knows about withdrwal and provide guidance? 

Jan 2017 to Sept 2017 -Daxid.  100mg + Sizodon 1mg 

October 2017 to Dec 2017  -T.Serilift.   100 mg

January 2018 to March2018- Trinicalm plus 5mg + Zisper plus

April 2018 to May 2018- Trinicalm plus 5mg 

Aug 2018 to Nov 2018- Daxid 50mg + Sizodon 1mg

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

May 2019 to December 2019 -300 mg gabapentin and 2.5 mg Trinicalm plus tablet-ContainsTrifluoperazine (2.5 mg) + Trihexyphenidyl (1mg)

Altostrata

Please let us know if you find any knowledgeable doctors in Chennai, India.

For those in Ireland, Dr. John Lalor, GP in South Kildare, claims to know how to taper.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Katy398

Hi folks, 

Victoria in Australia has a fantastic Government  service.

Medication Support and Recovery Service (MSRS)

email.     msrs.org.au

Tel Central intake on 1800 931 101 or 9810 3080

You can self refer.  and they offer counselling for prescription drug  withdrawal. Most of their patients are dealing with Opioids and Benzodezapines withdrawal but antidepressant withdrawal fits the funding criteria as well. It's completely free and with Telehealth and telephone conferences anyone can access it.  Please if you need counselling support, make use of this service,  the more people who access it, the more likely government funding will continue. 

Best wishes everyone 

Lexapro Fast Track/ Cold Turkey

Last dose end Dec 2018 

Tapered 1/2 a daily dose a week (20mg) for  14 weeks, last dose was a 20 mg pill!!  

3.5 times slower than Psychiatrist recommended, I felt proud of myself!! Little did I know!!!!Got too scared to reinstate because I’d left it too long.

On ADs for 20 years (Prozac approx 10 years/ Pristiq approx 3 years/ Citalipram approx 2 years/. Lexapro a approx  5 years/. Last two years 40mgs Lexapro day.

DiscJockey

Dr. Mary Kuhlman, M.D.  https://www.sharecare.com/doctor/dr-m-l-kuhlman

Vallejo, California, United States.  

Dr. Mary Kuhlman became my new psychiatrist this past August who is on board and knowledgeable with tapering. She is a doctor through Kaiser Permanente, so I am not sure if she does private practice. I am medically insured through my employer, and Kaiser is what I use. Of all the Psychiatrists in the past I have dealt and switched to, I am grateful to have her onboard with my goal of tapering off this horrible drug.  

Been on various SSRIs since 2012.    Jan 2012 started 50mg Zoloft for mild depression.

November 2014 was in first year law school, doctor increased Zoloft to 100mg due to my stress increasing, lack of sleep, no support.

Sept 2015 experienced a poop out of Zoloft. Quit law school. Switched doctors. New doctor started me on Lexapro. Bad start effects, lasted only a month on it. Then went on Effexor for like a month, was too much to handle, bad tingling sensation in my head.  Put me on Prozac, had bad start up effects which I now know to be serotonin syndrome. Doctor then tried to add an anti-psychotic (Risperadal). That was too strong. I would be at work staring into nothing, drooling from the mouth. 

From January 2016 to December 2016 was on different SSRIs (I really do not remember, that year was so harsh personally in my life, and all the mixture of drugs the doctor put me on) I remember last being on Effexor for about 1 month, and decided to quit cold turkey January 2017. Lasted 2 months.

April 2017 went back on Zoloft (200mg).   May 2019 switched to Lexapro (30mg).    Oct 2019 switched to Paxil (40mg)

September 2020 on Lexapro (20mg) and Paxil (10mg). Stable now, will start slow taper soon.

johnnyj

tapering

I am wondering if most of you used a dr?psychiatrist to help you with tapering? and if so does anyone know of a good one in Canada that I could call?

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

1963 Sept - Nov 1963 drug?

1980-Sept/2020 - Ativan 2 -3mg.

1981 -1990 drug ?

2002-2019 April/2019 - effexor 150mg

April/2019-June/2019 - cymbalta 60mg

june/2019 -july/2019 - zoloft 75mg

july/2019-aug/2019 - effexor 125mg

aug/2019-sept/2019 - cypralex 15mg

sept/2019-may/2020 - cymbalta 30mg/abilify 4mg

june/2020-july/2020 - wellbutrin 150mg

may/2020 -aug/2020 - zoloft 75mg

dec/2019 lamotragine 200mg -115 mg still taking sept/2020

Current drugs:  50 mg lamotrigine and 1 mg of Ativan in the morning, 1 mg of Ativan at noon, and 60 mg. lamotrigine and 1 mg Ativan at night.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy