Hell: I am very scared - mostly about insomnia

Hell

• Administrator

Since you increased a little less than a month ago, you could lower it to 4.5mg and see if that helps.

Or, if you prefer to continue 5mg with the side effects, you can do that, too. There's no remedy for side effects other than lowering dosage.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh Hell!  B)

Have you tried positional changes when you sleep.  I mean like staying fairly propped up in a relaxing chair or with pillows in your bed.  To see if that benefits your breathing?  And the breathing issues started with the mirtazapine WD?

You haven't been on the 5 mg dose of Zyprexa for even a whole month yet.  That's why I suggested that.  Plus the anehedonia and apathy might let up even a little bit, with a lower dose.

Lower dose also equates to less toxic effects.  I've got such strong negative feelings about Zyprexa too.  I may be being a bit biased.  I was basing a greater than usual reduction, on that you've been on it just barely a month, and that might make it smoother. 

Okay.  Well.  Ultimately, up to you, and if you really feel the benefit(for sleep) is better at 5 mg........well, okay.  I might have misread your updates and answers.  I thought sleep was still a mighty issue.  Or lack of it.

Best,  L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

13 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Since you increased a little less than a month ago, you could lower it to 4.5mg and see if that helps.

Or, if you prefer to continue 5mg with the side effects, you can do that, too. There's no remedy for side effects other than lowering dosage.

What side effects? Being unable to sleep is my main issue and it started during withdrawal.

9 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Oh Hell!  B)

Have you tried positional changes when you sleep.  I mean like staying fairly propped up in a relaxing chair or with pillows in your bed.  To see if that benefits your breathing?  And the breathing issues started with the mirtazapine WD?

You haven't been on the 5 mg dose of Zyprexa for even a whole month yet.  That's why I suggested that.  Plus the anehedonia and apathy might let up even a little bit, with a lower dose.

Lower dose also equates to less toxic effects.  I've got such strong negative feelings about Zyprexa too.  I may be being a bit biased.  I was basing a greater than usual reduction, on that you've been on it just barely a month, and that might make it smoother. 

Okay.  Well.  Ultimately, up to you, and if you really feel the benefit(for sleep) is better at 5 mg........well, okay.  I might have misread your updates and answers.  I thought sleep was still a mighty issue.  Or lack of it.

Best,  L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Breathing problems when trying to sleep started when I stopped taking zyprexa and zoloft for 10 days. After that I reinstated zyprexa 2.5mg and after that 5mg. It is still there. I try sleeping on different positions but it doesn't help. And yes sleeping is the main issue. Just because it is a little better on 5mg it is not that good and I doubt it will be. I wanted to stabilise on 5mg but dunno if it's possible.

2015 - Elicea for 2 months, quit cold turkey, survived withdrawal (brain zaps, severe depression)

2018 - april to july, Xanax, quit cold turkey, no serious withdrawal symptoms

2018 - august to late december, Mirtazapine, psychiatrist got me off it cold turkey

2019 - january to april, Seroxat, again stopped cold turkey, developed double vision if looking at close screens etc.

2019 - june to 13th november, Zyprexa (2.5mg-10mg), tapered it on my own (few days) then stopped taking it

2019 - middle october to november 13th, Zoloft (0.6mg-25mg), tapered it on my own (few days) then stopped taking

Horrible withdrawal with severe insomnia afterwards, not feeling hungry or sleepy, never tired, stomach problems, nausea...

24th november - reinstated 2.5mg zyprexa

3rd december - 5mg zyprexa

new symptoms - glare, halos around lights, muscle twitching worse, eyelid and cheek twitching every 5-10 minutes

11th january 2020 - 4.3mg zyprexa 

Late 2020 (gradually finished the taper back then) to present - meds free. No improvements regarding sleep. Developed dry eyes because lack of it. Only positive change is that I do feel sleepy now but sleep is the same, broken and not good.

• Administrator
21 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Your sleeping pattern may indicate a paradoxical reaction to too much Zyprexa.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hmmm I dunno. I slept worse on less tho. I will think about it and tapper soon maybe. Thanks.

2015 - Elicea for 2 months, quit cold turkey, survived withdrawal (brain zaps, severe depression)

2018 - august to late december, Mirtazapine, psychiatrist got me off it cold turkey

2019 - january to april, Seroxat, again stopped cold turkey, developed double vision if looking at close screens etc.

2019 - june to 13th november, Zyprexa (2.5mg-10mg), tapered it on my own (few days) then stopped taking it

2019 - middle october to november 13th, Zoloft (0.6mg-25mg), tapered it on my own (few days) then stopped taking

Horrible withdrawal with severe insomnia afterwards, not feeling hungry or sleepy, never tired, stomach problems, nausea...

new symptoms - glare, halos around lights, muscle twitching worse, eyelid and cheek twitching every 5-10 minutes

Late 2020 (gradually finished the taper back then) to present - meds free. No improvements regarding sleep. Developed dry eyes because lack of it. Only positive change is that I do feel sleepy now but sleep is the same, broken and not good.

Hi @Hell I’m really sorry to hear what your going through. Thanks for sharing your story. I too have developed insomnia from withdrawal and reinstating and is my main concern right now. Most of the time I can fall asleep but I wake up within an hr when it used to be 3-4hrs and can’t go back to sleep. It’s killing me. I’m finding it so difficult because of the lack of sleep and what it brings. For me I have developed eyes bags/dark circles too and look like I’m so sick. I never used to have them before this and it makes me feel even worse looking at myself in the mirror. I don’t even look like me anymore. I really hope you and me, all of us will recover and sleep again. 

I can’t remember exact dates but:

I CT’d 20mg fluoxitine in Aug 2019. I thought to myself well I might as well come off mirtzapine. 10 years on this drug.

I CT’d 15mg Mirtzapine in Sept 2019. 2 years on this drug.

Insomnia started in Oct 2019 but I took no notice of it. I panicked in Dec 2019 as it became worse and of course never left. Hoping I I would get my

sleep back I reinstated mirtzapine hoping may sleep would come back in Dec 2019  at 7.5mg for a few days then 15mg for a few days then

stabilised at 7.5mg when I found SA. 

Since then I have experienced bloating which I have never had before, and a ectopic heart beat. Im exhausted and can't even think, speak or retain what people are saying to me anymore. I used to speak so intellectually and now I can't even get words out. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm praying hell and rm123 on here who cannot sleep.  It does get better, gradually and slowly.  My sleep has very slowly improved over the past year.  I have slowed my taper way down.  The past 2 nights I was able to get about 7 to 8 hours of sleep.  I'm grateful for that.  Hang in there, and don't give up.  I'll keep praying. 

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

Nearly two months have passed without my situation improving. I refuse to live like this. My eyes are red from lack of sleep. My memory is horrible. I feel like I have dementia. I only stopped meds for 10 days and this hell happened. Reinstating helped a little but it is hardly anything. Days are passing and nothing is getting better. I am supposed to live like this? No thanks. I decided. First day when I get alone at home I am ending this. **** this kind of life. Time is not helping like people here say, not for me. If it did it would get better. Two months and nothing. For some people years without a single improvement, why should I be any different? And stop denying there are people here who stopped sleeping and their situation didn't improved at all and years passed. So there is no hope for me. I'm done. Life without sleep is not living. I would rather die from cancer.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hell, 

I can only imagine how hard it is to live with so little sleep. But we don't lie when we tell you thats things get better : it does.

I see that the last dose change you made was on 3d December : so you're in very early days of stabilisation. It took me three months to feel way better, and i'm not back to normal yet. But, life is way more easy !

It will for you too, I wish I could tell you when. It will take time, but you will sleep again, and then thank your oldself for all the strenght you have now.

❤️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Doubt I will stabilise if others who cold turkeyed didn't. Plus I am getting muscle twitches now from the zyprexa, especially on my right eye. Every few minutes. I will probably have to taper even tho my sleep is non existant.

• Mentor

There is plenty of people on this forum who CT and have fully healed and are loving life. It can be done and it is very hard to get through, but it can be done. Everyday that passes is one more day closer to being healed! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

3 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

There is plenty of people on this forum who CT and have fully healed and are loving life. It can be done and it is very hard to get through, but it can be done. Everyday that passes is one more day closer to being healed! 

Ct from zyprexa and fully healed? Show me where.

I was very similar to you, with the most torturous depression and dp/dr also.
I also c/t'd from zyprexa, and it was terrible, especially in the first 6 months after stopping, but it gets better with time. There are nights where I get little to no sleep still, as I am still not 100% healed, but healing is happening. More time is all thats needed.
You're still at the very beginning of withdrawals. Zyprexa is nasty, yes, bt there are people who have recovered. I'm feeling much better myself, and sleeping better overall.

Reason for Medication

Anxiety (money problems, future, lack of physical safety, dangerous environment) causing mild insomnia.

Summary    

2010 - Lexapro - (took one tablet (vomiting, tremors, high anxiety) stopped without any issues)

2013 - Cymbalta - (60mg daily for 7 months - cold turkey without any major issues aside from nausea/vomiting, "brain zaps" and dizziness)

2013 - Seroquel - (a low dose for roughly 1 month - weight gain of 20kg, cold turkey because of rapid weight gain without any issues)

2018 - September 4th - (Cymbalta 20mg for two days, stopped due to tremors & anxiety)

2018 - September 9th - (Olanzapine 2.5mg until October 3rd, then 5mg once, then back to 2.5mg once, then took random varying doses every day for a week from 2.5mg up to 5.0mg due to panic caused by the drug, then I attempted withdrawal Cold Turkey (recommenced at lower dose after 4 days of trying to withdraw Cold Turkey - I took 0.625mg every night until I finally successfully stopped cold turkey roughly one week later).

38 minutes ago, Hell said:

Ct from zyprexa and fully healed? Show me where.

Hi Hell,

I'm in a similar situation to you since I finished my olanzapine taper from 10 mg (for one month) to 0 mg in 6 weeks time, 2.5mg tapering every two weeks as prescribed by a doctor. Their recommendation was to stay on it for 1-2 years more so I'm glad they gave me a tapering plan when I wanted off. But judging by this forum it's almost a cold turkey. Going from 2.5mg to 0 mg (december 6th ) took away my ability to sleep (instead tremors, sweating, muscle spasms, head aches). After two weeks without sleep I took 7.5 mg Olanzapine but still couldnt sleep. I thought I was going to die possibly by my own hand due to how I was deteriorating and called an emergency psychiatric number. They told me sleep wouldn't come without medicine so the next day I got a couple of extra sleep medicines. (Zopiclone and Propiomazine) They also wanted me back up on 5mg Olanzapine. I don't think Olanzapine does much for sleep anymore for me but I am noticing that I'm less zombified now when Im also taking other sleep medication. I still don't remember sleeping or waking up just rolling in bed but I must be getting 2+ hours of very broken sleep instead of 0-1 hour per night now because I feel life is sustainable on the extra medication.  You might need sleeping aid other than Olanzapine for your brain to recover.

I was following your thread daily as I'm desperately looking for positive outcomes on the net, I hope you will be one.

I found one perhaps fully healed outcome here: Search for a comment by "Tracey" in this thread:

https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2014/07/10/zyprexa-olanzapine-withdrawal-symptoms-how-long-do-they-last/

Even if one doesn't get fully healed it's enough if life can be enjoyable.

A week of oxazepam 10mg with 1 day of zopiclone 7.5mg and concurrent Zyprexa totalling: 10mg 25 days , 7.5mg 18 days, 5mg 14 days, 2.5mg 11 days,  10x0mg + 4x1mg. Very bad condition reinstated: zyprexa 7.5mg zopiclone 8.5mg, 25mg Propiomazine. Next day 5mg Z. Then 6 months taper to nothing but Zyprexa and 0.0mg again. 6 days 0mg. Reinstated 0.12mg x2 days. 23 june: 0.25mg. 29 june: 0.12mg. 8th and 9th july 2020 also tried 0.375mg Melatonin. 9 july 0.16mg. Made an error of judgement in august and was forced on various drugs in hospital mainly landing on: Abilify injections + pills for a daily total of 5-15 mg (for 2½ month) + zyprexa 3 days of 10mg mostly 2.5mg but started cheating. 14 oct 2020 only zyprexa and due to cheating earlier able to go 0.31mg! 30 oct 0.21mg, 13 nov 0.14mg, 28 nov 0.10mg, 14 dec 0.07mg, 04 jan 2021 0.035mg, 25 jan 0.017mg, 4 feb 2021 0.000 mg

3 hours ago, Shane88L said:

I was very similar to you, with the most torturous depression and dp/dr also.
I also c/t'd from zyprexa, and it was terrible, especially in the first 6 months after stopping, but it gets better with time. There are nights where I get little to no sleep still, as I am still not 100% healed, but healing is happening. More time is all thats needed.
You're still at the very beginning of withdrawals. Zyprexa is nasty, yes, bt there are people who have recovered. I'm feeling much better myself, and sleeping better overall.

You didn't took it for long and it was a very small dose. I took 7.5mg and 10mg for a while. 

I am glad that you are fine but there is a difference. 

I did a blood test and my prolactin is high. Appearently it could cause insomnia too. Should I treat it? I hate meds in general now so I would rather not.

• Administrator

Elevated prolactin is a recognized adverse effect of olanzapine. Reducing olanzapine can reduce the adverse effect.

Otherwise, please discuss this with your doctor.

I have a short trip planned soon so I will start tappering after I come home. I really hope my sleep won't suffer even more when I do.

Btw I visited psychiatrist yesterday. She is denying that ct'ing caused my insomnia and blames it on prolactin lol. And she wants me off zyprexa in like few days lol. She even planned to put me on more meds. Thank God I found you guys otherwise I would be medicated to hell and suffering another full blown zyprexa withdrawal.

And also, are constant muscle twitches I am getting from zyprexa dangerous? I hope not because I want to tapper slowly. 

Eyelid of my right eye is twitching every 5-10 minutes since few days back. It is getting annoying. I noticed it is twitching less few hours after taking zyprexa last night but comes back in the morning. I hope it goes away it is so annoying.

Sleep is not that good either.

• Mentor
3 hours ago, Hell said:

Eyelid of my right eye is twitching every 5-10 minutes since few days back. It is getting annoying. I noticed it is twitching less few hours after taking zyprexa last night but comes back in the morning. I hope it goes away it is so annoying.

Sleep is not that good either.

Mine use to do this as well. It does get better in time. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

Mine also - my right upper eyelid twitching quite regularly. Stress causes it I've figured.

Reason for Medication

Anxiety (money problems, future, lack of physical safety, dangerous environment) causing mild insomnia.

Summary    

2010 - Lexapro - (took one tablet (vomiting, tremors, high anxiety) stopped without any issues)

2013 - Cymbalta - (60mg daily for 7 months - cold turkey without any major issues aside from nausea/vomiting, "brain zaps" and dizziness)

2013 - Seroquel - (a low dose for roughly 1 month - weight gain of 20kg, cold turkey because of rapid weight gain without any issues)

2018 - September 4th - (Cymbalta 20mg for two days, stopped due to tremors & anxiety)

2018 - September 9th - (Olanzapine 2.5mg until October 3rd, then 5mg once, then back to 2.5mg once, then took random varying doses every day for a week from 2.5mg up to 5.0mg due to panic caused by the drug, then I attempted withdrawal Cold Turkey (recommenced at lower dose after 4 days of trying to withdraw Cold Turkey - I took 0.625mg every night until I finally successfully stopped cold turkey roughly one week later).

Tappered to around 4+ mg last night and slept worse.

On 1/12/2020 at 12:39 PM, Hell said:

Tappered to around 4+ mg last night and slept worse.

Woke up hundreds of times last night. It seems I can't tolerate tappering. It is not like 5mg is that good but tappering is even worse.

Btw now my right cheek is twitching as well as the eyelid.

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Hell said:

It seems I can't tolerate tappering

How long are you holding between drops?  You may need to hold longer to let your system stabilize between drops.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

This is the first time I tappered in a while. I was on 5mg for a month. I need to buy a scale to tapper precisely. I plan to hold for a month after every drop.

The problem is it is already affecting me after first time I dropped recently.

Will I sleep less with every tapper? If yes, I will just get to square one when I get to zero mgs... Just like when I stopped the first time. Why did I even reinstated if I am going back to no sleep again eventually... 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hell, 

main thing with a taper of these meds is "Slow" : you just dropped last Saturday, it is possible that your CNS needs time to try to stabilise to a dose.

On 1/13/2020 at 4:40 PM, Gridley said:

How long are you holding between drops?  You may need to hold longer to let your system stabilize between drops.

Stay strong ❤️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 1/14/2020 at 5:41 AM, Hell said:

Will I sleep less with every tapper? If yes, I will just get to square one when I get to zero mgs... Just like when I stopped the first time. Why did I even reinstated if I am going back to no sleep again eventually... 

Hell, I am still tapering my Lexapro, and my sleep is vastly improved to what it was a year ago, and much better than it was 6 months ago.  I was tapering way too fast before I found this forum, and now I'm tapering extremely slowly.  My pattern is usually that a few weeks after a taper, my sleep worsens, but then about 4-6 weeks into the taper my sleep improves.  Right now it's been almost 3 months since I last tapered.  I'm doing this because a) I really need for my nervous system to stabilize, as I got burned out dealing with WD, and 2) I've had many external stressors, including that my mom is aging and having a lot of health issues and needing help.  

You could possibly try just holding at your dose for a few months, and let you sleep improve before you try to taper again. 

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

Maybe I should have stayed at 5mg. I will try to endure this but I feel horrible from the lack of sleep. 

On top of everything I got myself a flu. Like it isn't enough what I am already going through.

Anyways nothing new to report. Everything is still hellish and I have constant suicidal thoughts.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hell, I'm deeply sorry for the awful time you are having.  Please, don't go through with the suicidal thoughts.  I was having a very rough time with my emotions a month ago, I was crying a whole lot, and filled with terrible anxiety.  I started going to AA (I had a drinking problem years ago), and this has helped tremendously.  It has helped by giving me a a lot more support, and also working the 12 steps has given me a method for dealing with all of my emotions that the antidepressants were covering up.  I feel so much happier and more peaceful now, and less alone in dealing with this withdrawal.  

It is hard not to. The flu is killing me I have high tempearute and can't breath through the nose so I don't sleep at all since last night.

Hell-, since insomnia hit, I also can't sleep when I can't breathe through the nose. I bought one of those devices that holds open your nostrils at night and it works well. I thought it'd be too annoying but I got used to the feeling after a few minutes and fell asleep. This one has three sizes in a pack, I think the small fit me. 

Rhinomed Mute Anti Snoring Aid Solution, Nasal Dilator for Snore Reduction, Breathe Better, Sleep Aid, Comfortable Nose Vent, Assorted https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011LR55UU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_yVvjEbWX0X3HQ

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Approaching 3 months. Zero improvement. I give up. It is obvious nothing will get better.

@Hell have you tried sleep meditation music videos on Youtube?

They really help me get a good night's sleep and sometimes I feel better in the morning from listening to certain frequencies. There is something called "binaural beats" and the waves are mind altering, or so the theory goes.

Below is my personal favourite:

I did but nothing works. I can fall asleep on zyprexa at night but I wake up every second. I am tired of this. I look like hell and feel like hell. I am going to give up this fight. Thanks everyone for trying to encourage me but in some cases there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Not everyone can recover from this. I am just one of those cases.