coldturkmama Recovered after Paxil cold turkey

coldturkmama

On 12/29/2019 at 9:39 AM, Snorky said:

Hi C

Brassmonkey v kindly told me about your post and experience. I’m also CT status (as per my thread in intro section?) Gist is stopped amitriptyline 25mg Sept 19, but lots of other ADs over thirty years.

My main issues on mental side are depressive thoughts, anhedonia and anxiety (in that order)  However, on phthalates side I struggle with worsening head tremors and tics.  I was intrigued to read your comments re throbbing legs, and wondered if they were ditto mine? 24/7, knees to toes, both sides, combo of “pressure type sensations, numbness and pins and needles. Is that what you had/have?

Thank you

Hi :) 

mine was pain...terrible leg pain from my knees to my ankles which left me in tears quite often.  :(

4 minutes ago, Melissa5000 said:

Thank you very much for sharing your story! I am in a wave right now and visited the recovery stories to cheer me up! 

It helps a lot! Thank you!!!!!!!! :)

Keep the faith, it will end :)

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

6 hours ago, coldturkmama said:

mine was pain...terrible leg pain from my knees to my ankles which left me in tears quite often.  :(

Keep the faith, it will end :)

Ok thanks. Mine is mainly nervy type sensations across both lower legs 24/7. They set you on edge, and I sometimes think the same symptom is in my head. Ie constant tightness and edge.

I know this can take a long time, but 4 months in and getting worse (not just lack of windows!)

Cymbalta 2007

Lyrica 2010

Venlafaxine 2010-2018

Amitriptyline October 2018-2019. (25, 50, 75, 100, 75, 50, 25)

CT 10 Sept 2019

Reinstate amitriptyline 5 mg 29 Oct 2019

Reinstate amitriptyline 2.5mg 19 Nov 2019

CT 24  Nov 2019

Vitamin D 16 Dec and Promethazine 25mg 16 Dec (one month only)

4 hours ago, Snorky said:

Ok thanks. Mine is mainly nervy type sensations across both lower legs 24/7. They set you on edge, and I sometimes think the same symptom is in my head. Ie constant tightness and edge.

I know this can take a long time, but 4 months in and getting worse (not just lack of windows!)

4 months in is, unfortunately, very early in the process. It will improve but I found it to be a very one step forward, three back healing.

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

39 minutes ago, coldturkmama said:

4 months in is, unfortunately, very early in the process. It will improve but I found it to be a very one step forward, three back healing.

Thanks again. The big prob I have (apart from 30 year AD usage) is my age -60, and inability to work with these symptoms. How on earth do people manage financially?

Cymbalta 2007

Lyrica 2010

Venlafaxine 2010-2018

CT 10 Sept 2019

CT 24  Nov 2019

• Mentor
2 hours ago, Snorky said:

Thanks again. The big prob I have (apart from 30 year AD usage) is my age -60, and inability to work with these symptoms. How on earth do people manage financially?

I was fortunate I could work. But I had to take a much lesser job at almost a 50% pay cut to be able to do it. It was very challenging for 8 months until I felt better and was able to get back into my normal job. I was fortunate enough to have a decent size nest egg of cash and I spent a decent chunk of it and would do it all over again to get off of these meds. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

17 minutes ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

I was fortunate I could work. But I had to take a much lesser job at almost a 50% pay cut to be able to do it. It was very challenging for 8 months until I felt better and was able to get back into my normal job. I was fortunate enough to have a decent size nest egg of cash and I spent a decent chunk of it and would do it all over again to get off of these meds. 

Thanks.

I agree entirely with your sentiments. My fear is about the deterioration over last few weeks of CT period. I tried reinstatement of 2.5mg of amitriptyline but that didn’t work. Alto suggested possibly reinstating small venlafaxine dose, as had been on that longest ( 2010-2018). I’m as terrified by Russian Roulette uncertainty as the symptoms currently experiencing.

PS. I bumped a post on my main thread about my version of anhedonia. Seems to have been overlooked. Do you mind taking a look?

Thanks again

Cymbalta 2007

Lyrica 2010

Venlafaxine 2010-2018

CT 10 Sept 2019

CT 24  Nov 2019

On 12/31/2019 at 9:48 AM, Snorky said:

Ugh I don’t know, it would be almost impossible for some. 

Hi C

Hope you’re ok. I just posted on my intro about significant weight loss since CT.  Only apparent as many commented this week on my return to work. 

Is is this something you’ve experienced or are aware of? Going to Doc tomorrow to raise with him.

Thanks

Cymbalta 2007

Lyrica 2010

Venlafaxine 2010-2018

CT 10 Sept 2019

CT 24  Nov 2019

On 1/2/2020 at 9:34 AM, Snorky said:

Hi C

Hope you’re ok. I just posted on my intro about significant weight loss since CT.  Only apparent as many commented this week on my return to work. 

Is is this something you’ve experienced or are aware of? Going to Doc tomorrow to raise with him.

Thanks

Hi, 

no- I didn’t experience significant weight loss, which I wish I had because on Paxil o had gained a lotttt of weight. I’ve had to work very hard to get weight off since coming off the drug.

54 minutes ago, coldturkmama said:

Hi, 

no- I didn’t experience significant weight loss, which I wish I had because on Paxil o had gained a lotttt of weight. I’ve had to work very hard to get weight off since coming off the drug.

Hi C

Thank you. Yes, I always thought usage and taper more associated with weight gain too. Appears others, like me, can lose weight through anxiety and loss of appetite.

Cymbalta 2007

Lyrica 2010

Venlafaxine 2010-2018

CT 10 Sept 2019

CT 24  Nov 2019

Thank you so much Mama,

I have just been trying to work out how to start using Claire Weekes but my cognitive fog prevented me from working out how to start and which book to buy. I’m a year in to at CT.

I was wondering if you know of a CT group? 

Our journey is so different to the tapering group. There’s no waiting to stabilise, just waiting for that unknown.

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. This CT journey is terrifying.

Thanks again Mama Take care Kx

Lexapro Fast Track/ Cold Turkey

Last dose end Dec 2018 

Tapered 1/2 a daily dose a week (20mg) for  14 weeks, last dose was a 20 mg pill!!  

3.5 times slower than Psychiatrist recommended, I felt proud of myself!! Little did I know!!!!Got too scared to reinstate because I’d left it too long.

On ADs for 20 years (Prozac approx 10 years/ Pristiq approx 3 years/ Citalipram approx 2 years/. Lexapro a approx  5 years/. Last two years 40mgs Lexapro day.

Hi CTM- so excited to read about your recovery! Do you feel that the anxiety you have now is your original anxiety, or one that still comes from WD anxiety?

Thanks!

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

On 1/3/2020 at 3:45 PM, Snorky said:

Hi C

Thank you. Yes, I always thought usage and taper more associated with weight gain too. Appears others, like me, can lose weight through anxiety and loss of appetite.

I only wish I had lost some, but it’s a hard way to lose weight. I hope you are feeling better.

• 2 months later...
On 12/29/2019 at 7:09 PM, Snorky said:

Hi C

Brassmonkey v kindly told me about your post and experience. I’m also CT status (as per my thread in intro section?) Gist is stopped amitriptyline 25mg Sept 19, but lots of other ADs over thirty years.

My main issues on mental side are depressive thoughts, anhedonia and anxiety (in that order)  However, on phthalates side I struggle with worsening head tremors and tics.  I was intrigued to read your comments re throbbing legs, and wondered if they were ditto mine? 24/7, knees to toes, both sides, combo of “pressure type sensations, numbness and pins and needles. Is that what you had/have?

Thank you

Hi, I was off from antidepressants for fours months and I was doing pretty good. But due to  so infection I had to take a course of antibiotics and my symptoms became worse, exactly wat u described. Just wanna ask you, have you been on some antibiotics? Or something like an over indulgence of MSG food, or maybe some different medication, alcohol? U never know what can be it trigger. For me it was antibiotics.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:09 PM, Snorky said:

Hi C

Thank you

Hi, I was off from antidepressants for fours months and I was doing pretty good. But due to  so infection I had to take a course of antibiotics and my symptoms became worse, exactly wat u described. Just wanna ask you, have you been on some antibiotics? Or something like an over indulgence of MSG food, or maybe some different medication, alcohol? U never know what can be it trigger. For me it was antibiotics.

May 2018: 10mg Lexapro (once a day), and etizolaam 0.5 mg with proponolol 20mg twice a day

July 2018: got completely of etizolaam and proponol by weaning and using only once per day in June

October 2018: tapered Lexapro to 5mg using klonopin 0.25 mg as needed to reduce withdrawal symtoms

December 2018: quit Lexapro 5mg cold turkey and has to reinstate in three weeks used etizolaam to reduce symtoms as needed

March 2019: quit etizolaam 0.5mg cold turkey

September 2019: last does of Lexapro

November 2019: took klonopin 0.25 mg as needed to over come withdrawal symtoms sometimes 0.5mg. maximum dose of 0.75 mg per week

• Mentor
11 hours ago, Sani said:

Antibiotic destroy all the bacteria, not just the bad ones. It wipes everything out. That is why broad spectrum antibiotics cause flares in symptoms. I personally will never use these in my life again, unless it is life or death. This is my opinion and not medical advice.

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

• Mentor

Hi @Cocopuffz17 

Did you ever feel that sugar was a trigger for you. I have the worst time taking that one out of my diet, and I can really feel that it triggers my anxiety. 
Also one other question, what food did you find helping you the most during withdrawals, was it the whole change in diet, or did you find some food helping more then other? 

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

• Mentor
7 hours ago, Hanna72 said:

Hi @Cocopuffz17 

Did you ever feel that sugar was a trigger for you. I have the worst time taking that one out of my diet, and I can really feel that it triggers my anxiety. 
Also one other question, what food did you find helping you the most during withdrawals, was it the whole change in diet, or did you find some food helping more then other? 

Fortunately I removed a huge amount of sugar 1-2 months before I started my fast taper of paroxetine. It was awful I laid in bed the first three days sweating and shaking withdrawing from sugar. I have kept a low level of sugar intake ever since. Like maybe 5 - 10 grams a day. almost all from the vegetables I eat. 

This is the catch. It’s not the foods you eat. It is the foods you take out. High lectin foods are the ones I removed from my diet. I notice immediately or the next day when I consume them and how awful I feel again. So I feel better and then try again and it hits like a freight train, so I avoid them even more. 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed!!!

• Mentor

@Cocopuffz17 Thanks I appreciate it👍 It just seems like I can’t indulge in anything these days, already took alcohol and coffee out, and now I have to take sugar out, which I like too much😟

Well...so be it, no pain no gain💪

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

• Mentor
2 minutes ago, Hanna72 said:

@Cocopuffz17 Thanks I appreciate it👍 It just seems like I can’t indulge in anything these days, already took alcohol and coffee out, and now I have to take sugar out, which I like too much😟

Well...so be it, no pain no gain💪

There is tons of nice recipes to have. I personally don’t enjoy cooking/baking that much so I keep mine simple. But I have seen some great items!

Yes, exactly that is my mindset! If someone would of said I’d feel the way I do right now 8 months ago(when I was in my worst of WD) I would of never believed them. 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed! 

• Mentor

@Cocopuffz17 oh wow, just checked out the recipes, looks yummy, I will give it a try for sure.

Its suppose to heal your gut, so it should help me out😃

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

• Mentor
4 hours ago, Hanna72 said:

@Cocopuffz17 oh wow, just checked out the recipes, looks yummy, I will give it a try for sure.

Its suppose to heal your gut, so it should help me out😃

I would of never agreed with that statement till I went through it and watched my health change by fixing my leaky gut. 

• Mentor

@Cocopuffz17 Been sugar free for 2 days now, and increased a lot of vegetables in my diet, and it’s amazing how much energy I have felt. I did a fast walk yesterday, for the first time in weeks. I truly believe a nutrition plays a key role in my recovery. 
It astonishes me why doctors don’t look at people’s lifestyle and nutrition when we look to them for help with in my case anxiety. 
Now I just have to stick with these changes and today I feel like...,just bring it on WD 💪💪😀

Thank you for your help🙏

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

• Mentor
7 hours ago, Hanna72 said:

@Cocopuffz17 Been sugar free for 2 days now, and increased a lot of vegetables in my diet, and it’s amazing how much energy I have felt. I did a fast walk yesterday, for the first time in weeks. I truly believe a nutrition plays a key role in my recovery. 
It astonishes me why doctors don’t look at people’s lifestyle and nutrition when we look to them for help with in my case anxiety. 
Now I just have to stick with these changes and today I feel like...,just bring it on WD 💪💪😀

Thank you for your help🙏

That is amazing to hear! I am glad it is working so good for you!!

Yes, you have to remember how doctors are educated. They are educated to treat the symptom(with medication) and not the root cause(fixing the issue,usually nutrition related or lifestyle related). The really sad part is when you get into money. They don't make money by telling you to change the foods you eat. They make money by prescribing medications which people want and alot of the time end up on for life. Unfortunately society has created this by not wanting to change themselves and just wanting a pill for everything. 

I heard a great story/sad story at the same time. It came from a friend who works at an animal hospital. There was a huge amount of animals that had a bacterial infection in their colon ( I want to call it C.Diff but I am unsure if its the same in animals as it is in humans). They were using antibiotics to get rid of this infection and it had no success. These treatments were 100's per dose. The Vet said they were going to die if they couldn't get rid of it and suggested a fecal matter transplant(FMT). Which simply takes poop from healthy animals and transplants it to the unhealthy animal. The success rate was almost 100%. The catch...... it literally was a free treatment as the workers just collected healthy poop from their pets at home and they used that. This completely reversed near death experience these pets had. The catch is the pill treatment make the companies a ton of money and the FMT method makes the drug companies literally nothing.

RESULTS will be the thing that change the world on these medications. As more and more people struggle through life by being told they need medications for life. But there are people who are thriving with the same diagnoses by just changing their lifestyles! I have read way too many stories and personally seen people change these dire situations with simply changing the foods they put in their mouth! It only makes sense that the thing that is effecting our health is what is making up 98% of our body and we do it everyday of our lives from birth to death is the food we put into it! 

Sorry got a bit sidetracked there! Yes, stick to it! I myself have found myself slide back time to time. Even last week I ate 2 meals that I knew were awful for me and I went into a wave for a week from it. I know better and every time I do it I remember it is not worth and will work harder to not do it! 

Everyday that passes is another day closer to being healed!! :)

• Mentor

@Cocopuffz17 I absolutely couldn’t agree more.

I have also been digging into psychiatry and it’s history, and it’s mind blowing how they have invented hundreds of diagnoses, just few psychiatrists sitting in a meeting, most  of them closely connected to the big pharma  and the insurance companies and voted on diagnoses. 
The first DMS came out in 1952 with listed 102 disorders. The newest one was published in 2013 with staggering 297 disorders🤨

With that said we most all suffer mental illnesses, right!!

I just wish people would research these meds before taking them. Sadly my country Iceland is ne 1 in prescription of AD.

Edited by Hanna72

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Hi @coldturkmama

So happy to hear that you feel recovered. 

I am 4 years off meds but yet not in a good space.  Sometimes I try a lot of things to get better , ayurveda or supplements  - whatever anybody suggests, as if I have lost my power to decide good or bad.

Sheer desperation to get better. I  try to be functional but emotions are out of the roof -  mostly on the negative side. 

Physical symptoms too effect me  - restless leg, arms, indigestion   -- groggy eyes all the time ... difficult to read, easily. Any help for me ?

Are you taking any supplement or anything else for help ? 

I am writing here after a long time 

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

Hey everyone :)

i haven’t been on my update page very often but I come back to check messages and reply to those. :)

looking over the page, I’m not sure whose questions I may have missed,

so if you ask anything new I’ll try to pop in and answer them.

as far as what supplements I took, I just want everyone to know I tried a LOT and I also did a keto diet which I found helpful.

i think, CBD oil with NO thc after about the 4 year mark, helped me a lot.

vitamin b’s as well.

a lot of healthy fats.

finding claire Weekes and her book help and hope for yourself nerves also helped me recover significantly.

On 3/16/2020 at 8:42 PM, phill said:

hi hellbutrin, Im unable to send you a message, but I would like to ask you, has is your insomnia? how long did it take to improve? how long did you experience it ? how long you had it for?

thanks

Hi Phil,

I am still currently experiencing insomnia and issues with restless sleep. I've had it since my C/T three years ago. 

1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 

@coldturkmama what do you use the CBD oil for? Is it helpful for sleep?

https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

23 hours ago, Armorall said:

@coldturkmama what do you use the CBD oil for? Is it helpful for sleep?

I didn’t try it until I was about 3.5 years in to my recovery from my cold turkey because I was scared of the affect it might have on my nervous system, but I tried it very slowly and yes, it helped my sleep so much. 

Ok good to know, thanks! Do you still use it?

On 12/19/2019 at 5:57 PM, coldturkmama said:

i just thought I’d pop in and give an update about how things are now.

i was talking with a friend the other day about what all id gone through with Paxil and I realized, I’m so far from where I was and how much I’d relied on this site as well as npanth’s articles during the very worst of everything.

i remember reading success stories and wondering if the mental anguish would ever end for me. 

I can say, it has and it does.

Here is my topic:

So, basically I was on Paxil for about 14-15 years. I’m 40 now and have been off Paxil for 6 years.

While I was on the drug I still had many symptoms of anxiety, gained a ton of weight and also felt like I was living a sort of half life. I wasn’t fully engaged in my life. 

Every time I tried getting off Paxil over the years, I’d have terrible symptoms and think that it was just me and I needed Paxil to make me “normal”...!

My Dr never ever told me I should taper slowly and over time; I was literally given no advice EVER.

When I was about 13 years in to taking the drug I was suddenly beset with a whole new host of symptoms and some quite strong and strange to me. I felt terrible on the inside of myself, something I couldn’t hardly explain.  I told my Dr. And he said that Paxil might be no longer working as well and so he upped me from 20mgs to 40 msg.

I felt a little better for a bit but still NOT good.

I decided to stop the drug cold turkey.

i had no idea of how dangerous that was or what would lie ahead. If I’d known, I would have tapered slowly.

At first I felt really really good, better than I had in a longgg time, but at about 6 weeks off the drug alllll hell broke loose.

I had all the usual symptoms, shaking, flu like symptoms , couldn’t sit still, no motivation, exhausted but major insomnia, heart racing and palpitations, so much pain In my legs, throbbing pain. A tight band around my head that felt like someone was tightening it. I had intrusive thoughts, racing thoughts, panic attacks, jolting awake from when I did sleep, bladder problems, and many more that I’m forgetting I’m sure.

Oh! Brain zaps! I had lots of those.

forgetfulness and not being able to put in to words what I wanted etc- that was also a thing. 😑 

i started googling why I felt like this after stopping Paxil and I found a site called Paxil progress. After that shut down I found this site.

at the time it was all I could do to lay in bed and read the stories of others and know that what I was going through would eventually get better. 

I couldn’t figure out how, or when. I prayed a lot.  I had three kids to take care of, so I managed to do what I had to do but often felt very irritated and exhausted, I didn’t know how much longer I could deal with it. 

Symptoms began breaking up in to a pattern that was called windows and waves. Sometimes a window would be super short and I’d wonder how I could feel so normal for a while only to have it all crash back down around me.

Sleep was such an escape when I could get it, but for 2-3 years I had terrible insomnia that lasted hours throughout the night. Those were very frustrating times.

I saw bigger improvements when I began sleeping better. 

Slowly the symptoms dropped off one by one.

leg pain was probably one of the first to go

i still didn’t know much about how to deal with anxiety and was still fighting that battle when I came across Dr. Claire Weekes book, “hope and help for your nerves”

That book was awesome and I highly recommend it and anything else you can read by her.

I still have occasional bladder flares (acts like a bladder infection but it isn’t actually) but other than that I don’t think I have one problem that I can say is from Paxil anymore (I don’t think??) lol

i think I am finally ready to say, I’m recovered from what Paxil put me through.

im still learning how best to cope with anxiety, but I’m doing a pretty good job of it with noooo drugs 😁😁😁

BTW when I was in the process of

trying to heal from it all, I used high quality fish oil and B12. I also used trace minerals. 

I wish you all well. 

Xo 😘 

Wow! What a journey it must've been for u! Such an inspiring post. However, I have a doubt... When you said that you are still dealing with anxiety, what do you mean by that? Like mental anxiety or the physical symptoms of anxiety?

May 2018: 10mg Lexapro (once a day), and etizolaam 0.5 mg with proponolol 20mg twice a day

July 2018: got completely of etizolaam and proponol by weaning and using only once per day in June

October 2018: tapered Lexapro to 5mg using klonopin 0.25 mg as needed to reduce withdrawal symtoms

December 2018: quit Lexapro 5mg cold turkey and has to reinstate in three weeks used etizolaam to reduce symtoms as needed

November 2019: took klonopin 0.25 mg as needed to over come withdrawal symtoms sometimes 0.5mg. maximum dose of 0.75 mg per week

On 4/3/2020 at 4:22 AM, Sani said:

Wow! What a journey it must've been for u! Such an inspiring post. However, I have a doubt... When you said that you are still dealing with anxiety, what do you mean by that? Like mental anxiety or the physical symptoms of anxiety?

Doubt about what? 

I had anxiety before quitting Paxil, and even on Paxil it didn’t completely go away, then when it pooped out on me and sent me into withdrawal, the anxiety was so so severe. 

I’m way better than before Paxil. Anxiety doesn’t just go away until you learn how to cope with it and accept it bring there. I’m much more aware of how to do that :) 

On 4/3/2020 at 1:55 AM, Armorall said:

Ok good to know, thanks! Do you still use it?

No, very rarely 

Oh right, your sleep finally resolved itself on its own and you stopped using the CBD oil! I'm glad the CBD didn't actually hamper you from healing more! That's a big concern on using it!

3 hours ago, Armorall said:

Oh right, your sleep finally resolved itself on its own and you stopped using the CBD oil! I'm glad the CBD didn't actually hamper you from healing more! That's a big concern on using it!

I swear that’s what helped and now I domt

need it :) yayyy

Whoa... you think the CBD oil actually aided you in getting your sleep back???? I must try it if that's the case!

14 hours ago, coldturkmama said:

Doubt about what? 

I had anxiety before quitting Paxil, and even on Paxil it didn’t completely go away, then when it pooped out on me and sent me into withdrawal, the anxiety was so so severe. 

I’m way better than before Paxil. Anxiety doesn’t just go away until you learn how to cope with it and accept it bring there. I’m much more aware of how to do that :) 

No, very rarely 

I meant to ask, do u have only mental symtoms of anxiety or physical symptoms too like palpitations, sweaty palms, tightness in chest etc?