Paxil3days: Paxil only 3 days can cause severe withdrawals?

Paxil3days

Hi everyone , and @Aurorax I absolutely love seeing your story because it helped me calm down and not to be so terrified of my Akathisia and withdrawal,

question 1 however I am curious if you know if my WD is literally from just taking 3 days of Paxil and  severe WD kicking in. And Emergency doctor gave me Reglan for week and half which made Akathisia worse. I am slowly recovering through windows and waves, but some days it’s really bad. 

question 2 : Also as the WD continues new symptoms like jaw heaviness and hand heaviness kicking in here and there , any more tips for supplements/ food intake, I am currently on your suggested green juice diet. 

question 3: how can I sleep better? 

question 4: Any long term health conditions after Severe Withdrawal ?

thank you so much for your story it’s a life saver. 

2018 - Zoloft for 5 days then CT due to severe nausea , no severe withdrawals and no adverse reaction.

OCT 2020- vitamin D (5000iu) -which I know now is too high dosage and looking back it now I realize it was causing mood issues, which led me to search for ADs.

2021 - Paxil 3 days  (Feb 16,17,18)CT due to severe nausea ( side note day of CT I got my second dose of covid 19 vaccine which could have further destabilized my CNS) then 4 weeks later severe adverse reaction that included every single WD symptom on here.

2021- month out ( April 05, 07)not knowing what was going on went to ER twice and was placed on hydroxyzine and Reglan (anti-nausea) ( which I know now affects serotonin levels also) nothing helped.

Then went to two different psychiatrists one who referred me to GI for the nausea denying Paxil had anything to do with my symptoms, the second one prescribed me Buspirone Klonopin, and Trazadone ( I refused to take neither , thank God) I had feeling it still was the Paxil.

April 30th -CT everything Bc nothing was helping and miraculously found this website SA and saw every symptom I was going through.

Currently no drugs, only fish oil in the evenings. !!! 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and welcome to SA.  We are a peer owned and run forum of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  It sounds like your nervous is very sensitized from the drugs, and the reglan worsened it.  I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you.  

First of all, can you please give us specific information about your drug history for all drugs you are on and have been on, especially for the past 18-24 months?  It would be especially helpful to have the details of your drugs in a concise list (no symptoms), only drug names, specific dates (as best you can say for example early March if you don't recall the day) and dosages of each medication decrease or increase.  Please read the link below for instructions.  This will allow us to give you the best guidance.  

How to List Drug History in Signature

Here is some information about how these drugs actually work.  

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

This helps you understand what withdrawal syndrome is: 

What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

Tapering is best done extremely slowly, and we taper by 10% of the current dose, so that the taper becomes exponentially smaller.

Why Taper by 10% of my Dosage  

Also, as we are recovering, we suggest keeping things slow, simple, and stable. This is extremely important. 

Considerations About Stability Stop Jumping Around

Keep it Simple, Slow, and Stable

When we recover, there are times of feeling OK mixed in with times of feeling bad.  This is called windows and waves.

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Here are some techniques to cope with symptoms: 

Non Drug Ways to Cope with Withdrawal Symptoms

We don't suggest many supplements, but 2 that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. Here are the links for info about those. It is suggested to add one at a time, and start with a low dose to see how it affects you. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

21 hours ago, Paxil3days said:

question 1 however I am curious if you know if my WD is literally from just taking 3 days of Paxil and  severe WD kicking in. And Emergency doctor gave me Reglan for week and half which made Akathisia worse. I am slowly recovering through windows and waves, but some days it’s really bad. 

Did the symptoms start while you were on the Paxil, or after you got off?  Were you on any other drugs in the past, especially psychiatric drugs?  Some of us have a bad reaction after a very short time on these drugs.  Please read: 

But I Only Took it for a Week

question 3: how can I sleep better? 

Withdrawal Insomnia

question 4: Any long term health conditions after Severe Withdrawal ?

None that I know of.  Withdrawal from psych meds tends to be very uncomfortable for many of us, and it takes a long time, but we do eventually recover. 

I've given you quite a bit of information here.  Please read through it, and mull it over, and we will take it from there. In the meantime, take care of yourself, and take heart.  We in this forum have been through this, and we understand first hand the pain and discomfort you are going through.  Please know that the brain is amazing in it's healing abilities.  It takes time, but healing can and will happen. 

Edited by getofflex

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• getofflex changed the title to Paxil3days: Paxil only 3 days can cause severe withdrawals?
1 hour ago, getofflex said:

Hello, and welcome to SA.  We are a peer owned and run forum of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  It sounds like your nervous is very sensitized from the drugs, and the reglan worsened it.  I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you.  

First of all, can you please give us specific information about your drug history for all drugs you are on and have been on, especially for the past 18-24 months?  It would be especially helpful to have the details of your drugs in a concise list (no symptoms), only drug names, specific dates (as best you can say for example early March if you don't recall the day) and dosages of each medication decrease or increase.  Please read the link below for instructions.  This will allow us to give you the best guidance.  

How to List Drug History in Signature

Here is some information about how these drugs actually work.  

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

This helps you understand what withdrawal syndrome is: 

What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

Tapering is best done extremely slowly, and we taper by 10% of the current dose, so that the taper becomes exponentially smaller.

Why Taper by 10% of my Dosage  

Also, as we are recovering, we suggest keeping things slow, simple, and stable. This is extremely important. 

Considerations About Stability Stop Jumping Around

Keep it Simple, Slow, and Stable

When we recover, there are times of feeling OK mixed in with times of feeling bad.  This is called windows and waves.

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Here are some techniques to cope with symptoms: 

Non Drug Ways to Cope with Withdrawal Symptoms

We don't suggest many supplements, but 2 that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. Here are the links for info about those. It is suggested to add one at a time, and start with a low dose to see how it affects you. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

Did the symptoms start while you were on the Paxil, or after you got off?  Were you on any other drugs in the past, especially psychiatric drugs?  Some of us have a bad reaction after a very short time on these drugs.  Please read: 

Withdrawal Insomnia

None that I know of.  Withdrawal from psych meds tends to be very uncomfortable for many of us, and it takes a long time, but we do eventually recover. 

I've given you quite a bit of information here.  Please read through it, and mull it over, and we will take it from there. In the meantime, take care of yourself, and take heart.  We in this forum have been through this, and we understand first hand the pain and discomfort you are going through.  Please know that the brain is amazing in it's healing abilities.  It takes time, but healing can and will happen. 

@getofflex 

thank you sooooooo much for responding I was beginning to feel more hopeless in my recovery process as everyone keeps telling me it couldn’t have been just from 3 days,

thank you for providing the “but I took it only a week” link, that calms me down. 

2018 I took Zoloft for 5 days CT after severed nausea and did not experience the severe withdrawals

FEb 16 2021 comes around and I try Paxil Bc I saw online it was the least nausea side effect.... wrong... same exact severe nausea even more than Zoloft that I had to CT after 3 days...

after discontinuing felt off , and was slowly beginning to not feel like myself , then after 4 weeks of discontinuation , literally every severe WD symptom on here from folks who have been on it for years was what I was experiencing, the akathesia, these severe anxiety, the depressions, the nausea , burning skin, severe headaches, I was losing my mind bc every doctor was telling me NO WAY after 3 days use you are WD, now I know this is an adverse effect , except in my case did not feel ACUTE WD symptoms but severe, . I didn’t even know what I was going through went to the ER they tried to prescribe me more medication and they gave me Reglan for two weeks ( March 30 till two weeks out which affects Serotonin levels) , and again everything was getting worse. I just didn’t know what was happening. 

After month of searching I found this website SA and it helped calm me but was worried bc everyone on here was on this horrible drugs for years and me for like a week. But right now @getofflex you just gave me some more hope. 

Update: the windows and waves are still there , but feel less severe, I am soooooo scared the windows and waves will never heal... @getofflex you think I will heal? 

And does this ever come back like years and years later @getofflex

2018 - Zoloft for 5 days then CT due to severe nausea , no severe withdrawals and no adverse reaction.

OCT 2020- vitamin D (5000iu) -which I know now is too high dosage and looking back it now I realize it was causing mood issues, which led me to search for ADs.

2021 - Paxil 3 days  (Feb 16,17,18)CT due to severe nausea ( side note day of CT I got my second dose of covid 19 vaccine which could have further destabilized my CNS) then 4 weeks later severe adverse reaction that included every single WD symptom on here.

2021- month out ( April 05, 07)not knowing what was going on went to ER twice and was placed on hydroxyzine and Reglan (anti-nausea) ( which I know now affects serotonin levels also) nothing helped.

Then went to two different psychiatrists one who referred me to GI for the nausea denying Paxil had anything to do with my symptoms, the second one prescribed me Buspirone Klonopin, and Trazadone ( I refused to take neither , thank God) I had feeling it still was the Paxil.

April 30th -CT everything Bc nothing was helping and miraculously found this website SA and saw every symptom I was going through.

thank you for providing the “but I took it only a week” link, that calms me down. 

2018 I took Zoloft for 5 days CT after severed nausea and did not experience the severe withdrawals

FEb 16 2021 comes around and I try Paxil Bc I saw online it was the least nausea side effect.... wrong... same exact severe nausea even more than Zoloft that I had to CT after 3 days...

after discontinuing felt off , and was slowly beginning to not feel like myself , then after 4 weeks of discontinuation , literally every severe WD symptom on here from folks who have been on it for years was what I was experiencing, the akathesia, these severe anxiety, the depressions, the nausea , burning skin, severe headaches, I was losing my mind bc every doctor was telling me NO WAY after 3 days use you are WD, now I know this is an adverse effect , except in my case did not feel ACUTE WD symptoms but severe, and did not feel linear recovery . I didn’t even know what I was going through went to the ER they tried to prescribe me more medication and they gave me Reglan for two weeks ( March 30 till two weeks out which affects Serotonin levels) , and again everything was getting worse. I just didn’t know what was happening. 

After month of searching I found this website SA and it helped calm me but was worried bc everyone on here was on this horrible drugs for years and me for like a week. But right now you just gave me some more hope. 

Update: the windows and waves are still there , but feel less severe, I am soooooo scared the windows and waves will never heal, burning skin sensation lessened , this week literally sleep has slightly improved 2 hrs to 5 hrs of sleep , nausea has subsided for the first time in a month you think, severe headache literally subsided 2 days ago ,

I am fearful that all will come back , is this a possibility, will I heal or am I permenantly damaged my brain with windows and waves pattern? 

And does this ever come back like years and years later? So fearful even tho I feel recovery, just like you all , this is a haunting hellish feeling,

for those who have recovered has anything come back? 

and how do you hold on to not fearing that this may come back as I recover ? 

Hi and Welcome to SA-- I am so glad you found us. Having a reaction like this to taking the medication for such a short time can be very disheartening. We have a good number of members who have been in similar situations and are now recovering or are fully recovered. This thread will by your home base for keeping journals, asking questions and making friends.

I am taking the liberty of reposting my response to your PM here so you will have a better record of it.

"I very glad you found the article helpful.  Yes, you are going to heal, it may take some time, but it will happen. Once in a while we get a report from someone who has been off for many years and then gets a "relapse", but they are very rare and there are too many other factors involved to really pin it on the ADWD they had experienced.

It's quite possible for someone to start and stop one drug with no problems only to have a very rough time with the next one. Each of the drugs is just a little different and affects each person differently.

What you describe for the paxil and the reglan are classic adverse reactions. Your body just plane didn't like having the drug in it and really let you know. Adding other drugs will just make the problem worse. The good thing is that given time your body will settle down, stabilize and return to normal. The only problem is, it is very hard to put a time table to the process. It usually takes a lot longer than we would like."

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Paxil3days said:

Update: the windows and waves are still there , but feel less severe

I'm very glad to hear this.  

@getofflex you think I will heal? 

Absolutely, I think you will heal.  Try reading some of the success stories.  Healing takes a lot of time.  It takes months, if not years, to fully recover.  Time and patience are the key to recovering from these nasty drugs. 

Success Stories

And does this ever come back like years and years later @getofflex

No, it won't, as long as we stay off the psych meds, I believe it will be fine.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

@getofflex thank you so much for the kind words. It’s been difficult but it will happen I am becoming more and more of a believer of the healing process.

Hi ,

Yes wdrs happened to me 4 years after completely stopped my 20 mg seropram!

( muscle and joint pains, insomnia, limb weakness ect)

However knowing what's happening to me ,I tolerated them.

Gradually they faded out  ,and within 7 months vanished. 

Never came back 5 years on ,now. 

Best regards 

Citalopram 20 mg

Mid June 1994- end March 1995 Then tapering 3 months 

Mid August 1995-end August 1996 Tapering 6 months 

Mid January 2000-end September 2001 Tapering 6 months

Mid October 2003-end October 2005 Tapering 7 years. 

More detailed drug history is here - ☼-kostas

Off any drug from October 2012 

• Moderator Emeritus
17 hours ago, Paxil3days said:

I am becoming more and more of a believer of the healing process.

I'm so glad!  I am too.  Our brains have powerful healing abilities, but it is a very gradual process that takes time. 

Edited by getofflex

@getofflex glad you are healing too. Yea the gradual process has been scary, to the infrequences has been scary, how does one cope with trying not to think back and dwell about what happened? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone I have been lurking on here for the past month now and need help still. I tried to update my signature but it wasn’t working .So I copied and pasted it here: 

2018 - Zoloft 10mg for 5 days then CT due to severe nausea , no severe withdrawals and no adverse reaction.

2021 - Paxil 3 days 10mg  (Feb 16,17,18)CT due to severe nausea ( side note day of CT I got my second dose of covid 19 vaccine which could have further destabilized my CNS) then 4 weeks later severe adverse reaction that included every single WD symptom on here.

2021- month out ( April 05, 07)not knowing what was going on went to ER twice and was placed on hydroxyzine, omeprazole and  Reglan ( which I know now affects serotonin levels also) nothing helped. Was one these for few weeks. 

symptoms that started 4 weeks after Paxil CT

Akathesia (external leg tremors)

DP/DR 

Severe morning anxiety spikes 

severe cortisol spikes (mornings)

scatter brain

brain fog

dizzyness / lightheaded

nausea 

Vomiting 

burning sensation all over body

head pressure

back head pressure 

slowness in movement/ jaw

heaviness in jaw and arms

Severe waves, barely any windows

severe headaches (feels like concussion) 

anhedonia 

SI thoughts 

agoraphobia 

insomnia 

OCD thoughts 

update 3 months out: 

Akathesia (lessened to internal leg tremors)

DP/DR ( lessened but still there)

Severe morning anxiety spikes

( lessened to almost no more)

severe cortisol spikes (lessened but still there causing some nausea feeling)

scatter brain (lessen but still there) 

brain fog ( lessening but there)

dizzyness / lightheaded ( there still)

nausea ( there in the mornings, but no vomiting) 

Vomiting ( almost gone completely)

burning sensation all over body (bottom of feet burning still and palms burning, but no longer entire body )

head pressure ( lessened but still there) 

back head pressure ( lessened still there ) 

slowness in movement/ jaw ( lessened but still there) 

heaviness in jaw and arms ( lessened but still there )

Severe waves, barely any windows ( more windows less severe waves) 

severe headaches (feels like concussion) ( lessened , but still there)

anhedonia ( moments it comes and goes feels like a wave at times) 

SI thoughts (lessened but there during waves) 

agoraphobia (much less almost gone) 

insomnia ( can sleep now ,but broken sleep some nights which used to before the adverse reaction)

OCD thoughts ( lessened but there)

Questions:

1.how do I manage the dizziness and lightheaded experience that causes nausea?

2. how do I manage the nausea especially in the morning ?

3. I know everyone has there own time for healing, but what is the timeline for healing from adverse reaction? (Sorry just wanting this nightmare to end).

4. Could the second dose of covid 19 vaccine destabilized my CNS further on day I CT Paxil ? 
5. should I start adding Magnesium again and multivitamins? 
6. will my brain be the same ever again? 
7. Could have the Reglan, omeprazole and hydroxyzine made my adverse reaction even worse? 
8. Vomiting so much every day past two months worried my stomach will have some kind of cancer or something wrong with it later down the road, can this happen? 

supplements :fish oil 800mg, tried magnesium citrate but was feeling weird on it, Green Juice daily for magnesium intake. 

On 5/14/2021 at 8:22 AM, getofflex said:
On 5/14/2021 at 8:42 AM, Paxil3days said:

@getofflex hi I wrote my instroduction yesterday titled adverse reaction, nobody replied to it , And I can’t seem to find it on this site anymore, did I do something wrong , or it wasn’t approved by admin? 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello.  You started a new thread, and it had not yet been approved.  I have merged it with your original Intro and Updates thread.  The post moved to your intro topic to keep your history all in one place.  Please post questions and discussion about your situation in this one thread, to avoid confusion and duplication of efforts.  Thank you.  

I'm really sorry you are going through all this suffering just from taking Paxil for 3 days.  Have you been checked out by a doctor to see if there is something else going on?  Especially for the nausea and vomiting?  I would suggest that. 

On 5/27/2021 at 12:45 PM, Paxil3days said:

1.how do I manage the dizziness and lightheaded experience that causes nausea?

2. how do I manage the nausea especially in the morning ?

Dizziness, Queasiness, Nausea

3. I know everyone has there own time for healing, but what is the timeline for healing from adverse reaction?

How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take?

4. Could the second dose of covid 19 vaccine destabilized my CNS further on day I CT Paxil ?

It could possibly have.  Here is a thread where people talk about how the COVID19 vaccine affected them: 

Covid19 vaccine and withdrawal

5. should I start adding Magnesium again and multivitamins?

I would suggest starting with a very low dose of magnesium, as it sounds like your system is very sensitive.  Personally, I would avoid the multivitamins.  B vitamins can make symptoms worse because they activate the nervous system.  

6. will my brain be the same ever again?

I don't know if your brain will be the same, but I believe that you will recover.  Try reading some of the success stories about halfway down on the home page.  

7. Could have the Reglan, omeprazole and hydroxyzine made my adverse reaction even worse?

It's possible.  Once our nervous systems because destabilized, it is unpredictable how they will react to drugs.  

8. Vomiting so much every day past two months worried my stomach will have some kind of cancer or something wrong with it later down the road, can this happen?

I doubt it, but I don't know, since I'm not a doctor.  I would check with your doctor about this.  

It sucks that you are going through all this after only 3 days of Paxil.  I would suggest that time and patience is the best thing at this time.  Go to my first post above, and check out the link for non drug coping skills.  There is a plethora of ideas in there that could help you.  It won't take away the symptoms, but it can really help you lessen your suffering by coping better.  Lastly, I will leave you with this link.  I found my suffering went down a lot when I learned to practice acceptance: 

https://www.dbtselfhelp.com/html/radical_acceptance_text.html

Edited by getofflex

42 minutes ago, getofflex said:

Hello.  You started a new thread, and it had not yet been approved.  I have merged it with your original Intro and Updates thread.  The post moved to your intro topic to keep your history all in one place.  Please post questions and discussion about your situation in this one thread, to avoid confusion and duplication of efforts.  Thank you.  

I'm really sorry you are going through all this suffering just from taking Paxil for 3 days.  Have you been checked out by a doctor to see if there is something else going on?  Especially for the nausea and vomiting?  I would suggest that. 

Dizziness, Queasiness, Nausea

How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take?

It could possibly have.  Here is a thread where people talk about how the COVID19 vaccine affected them: 

Covid19 vaccine and withdrawal

I would suggest starting with a very low dose of magnesium, as it sounds like your system is very sensitive.  Personally, I would avoid the multivitamins.  B vitamins can make symptoms worse because they activate the nervous system.  

I don't know if your brain will be the same, but I believe that you will recover.  Try reading some of the success stories about halfway down on the home page.  

It's possible.  Once our nervous systems because destabilized, it is unpredictable how they will react to drugs.  

I doubt it, but I don't know, since I'm not a doctor.  I would check with your doctor about this.  

It sucks that you are going through all this after only 3 days of Paxil.  I would suggest that time and patience is the best thing at this time.  Go to my first post above, and check out the link for non drug coping skills.  There is a plethora of ideas in there that could help you.  It won't take away the symptoms, but it can really help you lessen your suffering by coping better.  Lastly, I will leave you with this link.  I found my suffering went down a lot when I learned to practice acceptance: 

@getofflex Thank you so much for the reply , to your question about me seeing a doctor, so first 2 months of hell of this adverse reaction , I did three different blood work, stomach bacteria test (H.pylori) and a neurological exam my PCP gave me and all came out negative. 

so reflecting back this month , I forgot to mention I was taking 5000 UI dosage of Vitamin D for almost a year straight Bc I was so scared of Covid 19 virus and was trying to prevent from ever having it, big mistake doing some research now high dosage of vitamin D eventually begins to affect mood, which now looking back at it is why I was seeking another AD, led me to Paxil , I do believe 3 things happens here Covid 19 vaccine day of CT of Paxil and high dosage of Vitamin D, ( highest recommended is to not go beyond 4000ui) , so all this combined here  and knowing Zoloft 3 years ago didn’t sit well with me then Bc I quit after 5 days, led to the disaster formula after taking Paxil 3 days. 

I am learning to accept and allow time to heal me, I am healing gradually as everyone talks about it here. Thank you so much for this Forum, without it my health issues would have been a huge mystery leading me to spiral into further God knows what. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm so glad that you figured it out.  I have to say, the main thing you need is time.  Our nervous systems are very complex, and it takes a long time for them to heal, but heal they will, if we just allow them to.   The key is to stay stable, and not keep throwing things into the mix.  Stay on the same supplement regimen, same diet, go to bed at the same time each night, avoid drama and toxic people, try not to overtax or stress yourself, get plenty of rest, if you can take a walk each day.  Walking helps regulate the nervous system.  There are many other things that help, like prayer, meditation, faith, relaxing music, doing relaxing hobbies you like, being out in nature, etc.

16 hours ago, Paxil3days said:

@getofflex Thank you so much for the reply , to your question about me seeing a doctor, so first 2 months of hell of this adverse reaction , I did three different blood work, stomach bacteria test (H.pylori) and a neurological exam my PCP gave me and all came out negative. 

so reflecting back this month , I forgot to mention I was taking 5000 UI dosage of Vitamin D for almost a year straight Bc I was so scared of Covid 19 virus and was trying to prevent from ever having it, big mistake doing some research now high dosage of vitamin D eventually begins to affect mood, which now looking back at it is why I was seeking another AD, led me to Paxil , I do believe 3 things happens here Covid 19 vaccine day of CT of Paxil and high dosage of Vitamin D, ( highest recommended is to not go beyond 4000ui) , so all this combined here  and knowing Zoloft 3 years ago didn’t sit well with me then Bc I quit after 5 days, led to the disaster formula after taking Paxil 3 days. 

I am learning to accept and allow time to heal me, I am healing gradually as everyone talks about it here. Thank you so much for this Forum, without it my health issues would have been a huge mystery leading me to spiral into further God knows what. 

Hey All I am feeling down today, like why are these drugs even given to people, I am just trying to accept but it hard because before all this I was so active playing sports , running around, all I wanted to do was get rid of anxiety and this hell after the drug is even worse than the anxiety I ever endured. Please help!

• Mentor

Hi @Paxil3days

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling down today. 
Having myself been put on Paxil and being literally stuck on it for 20 years I do get that you are angry. I have been very angry myself. 

1 hour ago, Paxil3days said:

like why are these drugs even given to people,

Because doctors have been taught that there is a chemical imbalance in peoples brain, if they have sought out help for depression or anxiety for example.

I have had to tell myself that doctors are really not trying to harm us, but in fact they have been caught up in this ridiculous myth about our  brains and lack of serotonin.

But I think that finally there is an eye opening happening regarding the withdrawals and suffering that these medication can have on some people, not everyone experience this ( which is good)

For example the majority of people on this forum  who have had to suffer, but are learning ways and guiding each other to get safely off these drugs,  I think this site will someday make a big difference  ( already is for us all in here) for both the medical field and users which is a huge step in the right direction.

Dont let anger consume you, use it for pushing yourself through this and get you towards healing.

You will heal, we all will.

Hang in there, before you know it this will fade in your back view mirror and you will be able to enjoy life like you deserve 🙏

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

On 5/28/2021 at 4:28 PM, getofflex said:

I'm so glad that you figured it out.  I have to say, the main thing you need is time.  Our nervous systems are very complex, and it takes a long time for them to heal, but heal they will, if we just allow them to.   The key is to stay stable, and not keep throwing things into the mix.  Stay on the same supplement regimen, same diet, go to bed at the same time each night, avoid drama and toxic people, try not to overtax or stress yourself, get plenty of rest, if you can take a walk each day.  Walking helps regulate the nervous system.  There are many other things that help, like prayer, meditation, faith, relaxing music, doing relaxing hobbies you like, being out in nature, etc.

@getofflex just been difficult and frustrating with the inconsistency and these drugs still being on the market. I know BiG pharma is lawyered up , but man can we do something as a collective. I don’t want anyone else to go through this hell!!!! 

9 hours ago, Hanna72 said:

Hi @Paxil3days

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling down today. 
Having myself been put on Paxil and being literally stuck on it for 20 years I do get that you are angry. I have been very angry myself. 

Because doctors have been taught that there is a chemical imbalance in peoples brain, if they have sought out help for depression or anxiety for example.

I have had to tell myself that doctors are really not trying to harm us, but in fact they have been caught up in this ridiculous myth about our  brains and lack of serotonin.

But I think that finally there is an eye opening happening regarding the withdrawals and suffering that these medication can have on some people, not everyone experience this ( which is good)

For example the majority of people on this forum  who have had to suffer, but are learning ways and guiding each other to get safely off these drugs,  I think this site will someday make a big difference  ( already is for us all in here) for both the medical field and users which is a huge step in the right direction.

Dont let anger consume you, use it for pushing yourself through this and get you towards healing.

You will heal, we all will.

Hang in there, before you know it this will fade in your back view mirror and you will be able to enjoy life like you deserve 🙏

@Hanna72 yea thank you so much for you kind words. I hope for all of us it fades in our back rear windows so we can all move on live again. Natural beings as we were not designed by pharma drugs. Thank you so much for words of encouragement. 

It helps to know that healing is happening , although very slow, but still happening, just patience and with this time in our lives. 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 5/29/2021 at 10:45 AM, Paxil3days said:

this hell after the drug is even worse than the anxiety I ever endured. Please help!

At this point, there is nothing we can do to fix you.  The key is patience, and time.  I know what you are going through - I've been through it myself, and am still recovering from it.  Hang in there, it will get better, but the healing process is very gradual. 

38 minutes ago, getofflex said:

At this point, there is nothing we can do to fix you.  The key is patience, and time.  I know what you are going through - I've been through it myself, and am still recovering from it.  Hang in there, it will get better, but the healing process is very gradual. 

@getofflex I am slowly gradually feeling myself heal, now I am just worried will this all come back for me in a month or week, does it ever come back years later, ( you may have answered this ). Currently I am feeling excited but scared to really feel the full excitement Bc could it trigger a panic , terror, all the other horrible symptoms? 

Good question @Paxil3days 

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

8 minutes ago, Phoenixmama said:

Good question @Paxil3days 

How are you doing @Phoenixmama?

@Paxil3days 😑 I’m ok new weird symptom , well I should say mood or something , I feel like this rage snappy feeling and nervousness , it scared me , lasted like 4 hours happen for two days , I’m exhausted, I don’t even know if I’m having waves or windows anymore, I feel lost but I feel ok tho ima make it through this , but I’ll be holding everyone’s hand here on sa 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

1 minute ago, Phoenixmama said:

@Paxil3days 😑 I’m ok new weird symptom , well I should say mood or something , I feel like this rage snappy feeling and nervousness , it scared me , lasted like 4 hours happen for two days , I’m exhausted, I don’t even know if I’m having waves or windows anymore, I feel lost but I feel ok tho ima make it through this , but I’ll be holding everyone’s hand here on sa 

@Phoenixmama yea new weird symptoms pop up as other ones slowly leave, if that, but hang in there seems like you are doing much better than before and that is great. We all are holding on to each other as these horrible symptoms begin to leave. 

On 5/31/2021 at 12:28 PM, WordsinOrbit said:

Hi Paxil3days,

For me, this process is kind of like a voluntary setback. Your three days prove the worst about the drugs and who would have anticipated such an outcome particularly four weeks out? We didn't choose this situation so although I say voluntary I mean within the situation we find ourselves in. If anyone minimises the psychological component involved in WD, or calls it unimportant or as of lesser value than the actual mechanics of reduction, maybe it is a question of emphasis but I have found the one step forward three steps back approach which I read here very helpful. In other words, if I anticipate having a setback as unavoidably being part of the process, and knowing it's an average occurrence which everyone has here from time to time, it loses part of it's terrifying aspect. And if I'm worrying about possible future events I tell myself "I'll handle it". It's the language of self-confidence versus the language of defeatism. And if it does come back, the fact that it went away in the first place shows it is not a permanent fixture and that it will go away again and again and again until it's gone. Symptoms are distressing but I think, even though you might disagree, that you've had a very lucky escape. Imagine you'd been on it three or thirty years? Terror is not easy to deal with. I had it once before on Seroquel and when it was reinstated a year or so later, it was obvious to me that my nervous system may have had some sort of allergic reaction to it. I was having a panic attack every morning after taking it but never related the one to the other. I thought it was me. Whether my self-confident self-talk might prove woefully inadequate will only be seen through time but the pain we are experiencing is pain now in this moment and so far you, I and others have been able to bear it and we will have to bear it for a while yet. We don't suffer in the future but our beliefs about the future intensify our suffering now when they are based on unfortunate and depressing past experience. Our future depends on what we do today and realistic hope is related to action. If there are no dreams or hopes, what incentive is there to plan? Keep moving and hope will come. 

@WordsinOrbit thank you for the beautiful guidance , I am gonna take your words and everyone on here to heart. Today I have to say , felt like me again, I felt barely any symptoms, I have slowly take on the practice that I am anticipate they 3 steps back, but it’s hard and everyone knows that. I imagine one day we will be on top of this mountain looking down at our journey, and still helping the other hikers along the way get there.

I am also curious , I know it’s bigPharma, but can we all get on a class action Lawsuit for some justice?

On 5/14/2021 at 8:22 AM, getofflex said:

I'm so glad!  I am too.  Our brains have powerful healing abilities, but it is a very gradual process that takes time. 

@getofflex Ugh finding out the Paxil is the worst Antidepressant out there and knowing that I had adverse reaction to it, I just need help rn , I think I am in a wave, didn’t sleep the best last night , do you know anyone who has fully recovered from Paxil Adverse reaction and or withdrawal, I am in the dumps rn , ughhhhhhhhh help please!!! 

• Moderator Emeritus

We have plenty of success stories of people who got off Paxil.  The good news is you were only on it 3 days, and it should take less time for you than for someone who was on it for years or decades, like many of us.  

Aurorax

Coldturkmama

Pennylane26

Toulouse

Greenacre1

Mapleleafgirl

Excuse

Ashbrown

Caperjackie

@getofflex I just in a wave or something , just feel like my life got ruined , I didn’t can’t exercise like I used to, can’t live normally like I used to, yea the severe anxiety and depression is gone , but how can a drug 3 days use still affect me 4 months out. I am just so disheartened. Feeling down!! 

• Moderator Emeritus

These drugs are powerful, and they affect the nervous system in profound ways.  In case you missed it the first time: 

It takes great patience and fortitude to get through this.  The good news is, you will recover.  Radical acceptance helps me, when I'm able to practice it.  It's tough, but it can really help. 

@Paxil3days good afternoon just coming by to check in on you.... 

currently taking mag

On 6/6/2021 at 11:49 AM, Phoenixmama said:

On 6/6/2021 at 11:49 AM, Phoenixmama said:

@Phoenixmama I been doing decent , had a positive weekend, so decided not to visit this website over the weekend. How are you doing ? 

im ok , but really happy about your weekend , i was worried about you...  🙂 I some how have pretty good weekends but maybe its because me and my baby girl spend time with my bf and his kids , and i have light symptoms when im with him , its so weird......

currently taking mag

2 minutes ago, Phoenixmama said:

im ok , but really happy about your weekend , i was worried about you...  🙂 I some how have pretty good weekends but maybe its because me and my baby girl spend time with my bf and his kids , and i have light symptoms when im with him , its so weird......

That’s really good to hear @Phoenixmama I do believe we are healing in our own ways and on our own time . 

• Administrator

@Paxil3days

Just read through your thread! Wanted to reassure you that yes, you will heal and feel better one day! It took a very very long time for me to feel better, but I'm back to my old self now and feeling better every day! Like everyone else has said, just give it time!! More and more time!! You are going to be ok!

2010-2011 - Tramadol - Can't remember dosage

2011 - CT Quit Tramadol

2011-2019 - St Johns Wart - Started out at 3 Pills a day (300 MG) and increased to 6 per day over the years

August 2019 - CT Quit St Johns (Told by Hospital Dr to Stop Taking due to increased BP)

September 2019 - Citalopram 10mg - Approx 2 weeks - CT Quit

September 2019 - October 2019 - Clonazepam .5mg - Approx 3 weeks - CT Quit

Drug Free Since October 5th 2019

Hey all, I am recovering and feeling much better, I listen to Mad in America podcast now and it’s helpful. However on there , @Altostrata mentioned that Akathesia for some folks came back years later due to Alcohol usage, steroid, and antibiotics.

I don’t use alcohol, hoping I avoid any medical steroid use and any antibiotics in the future. 

Question for you all does it ever come back on its own? And does exercise bring it back ever? Maybe @getofflex can answer these drugs.