lexicon: off ADs for 2 months and in horrible distress

lexicon

Aww, thank you dear Abir,

I am sorry I did not inquire about you yesterday, mine was a hideous day ..It lasted till 9 pm.

My head issues, the dizzy that prevents me from walking, anxiety, depression and crying, my heart and it's weird abnormal beats, breathing issues ..All came down on me at once ..

An awful day ..:(

Today is a bit easier, with some neurological problems like shaking, and tingling beneath the skin ..

Science has failed humanity Abir ..:( That is the painful fact ..:(

And you? I hope your situation is improving .. I think of you, and pray for your well being ..

Thank you Abir ..Thank you for your support and encouragement ..

May God keep you well, and bless you ..Lexicon

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lexicon

• abir

• Altostrata

• Meimeiquest

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you had such a bad day yesterday.. I hope tomorrow will be better than yesterday and today... I really hope you will feel some peace tonight and wake up feeling stronger and more hopeful.. I am feeling better today, the anxiety is so much less intense... Hang on, it will get easier.. It is so hard to feel any kind of hope sometimes, I know, but it will get better...so many people went through and are going through what we are dealing with and they got better... We will too... We will... Hang on...sending good thoughts and wishes your way

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:
march 28: started on 25mg co-sertraline, took it for 2 days
april 1: 12.5mg ONLY FOR ONE DAY- STOPPED taking meds
april 9: started on 2.5mg co-sertraline
april 17: increased to 5 mg

Aww, thank you so much Abir,

I weeped reading your note ..thank you for the encouraging words and support ..this afternoon I am having the breathing problem and my heart .. Maybe it is anxiety.

When I try to get up and walk a bit, my chest feels heavy and uncomfortable ..

I wonder if it has to do with the Ativan I take. ..

I am so happy to read that you are doing better. .:) how wonderful is that? Keep up the good work..:)

I wish that you will have a good night with no issues ..

And you are right .. we will overcome this ..We just have to keep the faith ..

I try, but when the going gets tough, I forget to br hopeful ..I start feeling hopeless all over again ..:(

Have a serene, blessed night ..I will say a prayer ..Lexicon

Ps. Abir, I just entered my 4th month since the psycho doctor through me under the bus ..:( I just hope this ordeal does not go into years as some say ..:(

Lets keep the faith ..xx

Hello,

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

This is my 6th month but neither one of us has a reason to even think that we will be suffering this way for years... From what I read so far, the majority DON'T take years to heal... It is our anxiety that is making us so frightful and utterly hopeless... please don't worry about the future now, I think you are going through the toughest part of your journey now... When my anxiety is not too bad I can listen to soft music and this distracts me from thinking/overanalyzing/worrying... Is there anything that you can do to distract you from worrying about the future so you can preserve your energy for dealing with the present? Tell yourself I will worry about this later, i will! but for now I just need to breathe, that is all i have to do now! Just breathe...

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:

Thank you so much dear Abir ..

I read your note several times, to get it to sink in ..It was of immense help ..You are right, who's to say that we would not get healthy and whole again .... not in years, but soon ..

Reading your story, you have suffered. I am very happy that you have a level of stability, in your life today ..I pray that you will be making consistent progress ..

Abir, do you feel that reinstating the antidepressant helped you to feel better?

I am so very frightened of them, that I think they were poisoning my system ..

I hope today has been a good, calm day for you ..

Mine unfortunately has issues ..my breathing., and heart beating is scarry., and does not give me a break ...

It used to be that I had this only during the day, but I have it at night too, since the 4 th month started ..

I hope yours has improved, and you are able to find some calmness ..

Thank you for your wonderful, supporting, encouraging note ..It helped me so much ..

I am grateful to you Abir ..wishing you a serene, blessed night. .

Lexicon

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Maybe it is early for me to tell yet, also I made the mistake of starting at a high dose 25mg which was too much for me and made me unable to sleep... I am still having problems sleeping, last night I barely slept for 2 hours (half an hour at a time) plus I am still dealing with this awful anxiety (today was and still bad). So I would say don't look at my situation as an example because I did not do it the right way (supposed to start low ) and pay more attention to Alto's advice as well as the other more experienced people on this site...

But don't loose hope, I know it is so hard to be hopeful when we are feeling this way but I believe we are going through the toughest part of our journey... Things has to get better...

reinstating AD:

Yes, I too think we are going through the toughest part at this time ..:(

I am sorry you see still not able to sleep, end atoll have the darn anxiety ..I have that too Abir.

It feels like my heart has fallen into my stomach, and there is chaos, with heart beating heavy and stomach hurting.

Then there is the breathing as you know. The unsteadiness, and the dizziness too ..

It gets hard yo bear many times ..:(

Thank you for your support and encouragement. Abir. ..I am sorry I do not do a good job encouraging you. ..Buy I do pray for your well being ..and for everyone hurting. ..

How was your last night, and your today??

Hoping that your night will be peaceful and that you will be able to sleep longer ..Now, wouldn't that be a blessing ..

Trying to keep the faith ..Lexicon

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hey, today wasn't too good.. And could not sleep for more than 1 hour in total last night (15 minute at a time)..feeling anxious and exhausted all day.. It is hard to pass the time, minute after minute and hour after hour... Hopefully tonight and tomorrow will be better for us both...

reinstating AD:

Entering my 4 th month in antidepressant withdrawal, I am suffering from being unable to breathe ..

My chest feels heavy, my heart beats with diagnosed premature beats,, my stomach is in knots ..

I take Ativan, and wonder if it is the culprit ..Or is it anxiety?

I will not be seen a doctor till mid - May, so to just survive this, please ..

If you have,

Any suggestion, any encouragement, any input for peace of mind I will be grateful ..

Thank you .. wishing wellness and serenity to everyone ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

those are standard symptoms caused by autonomic dysregulation and yes...Ativan can cause it, so can any benzo or antidepressant when we're in withdrawal...it's very common and yeah, it sucks...

it does lighten up and pass as time goes by...but if you're still tapering it's worth slowing down and seeing if you might be able to stabilize and avoid it getting worse.

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Aaah, I am suffering ..Thank you Gia.

No I do not taper. ...Thr AD 'S were yanked in 15 days by my psycho doctor, going on 4 months now ..

Is there anything to do to get some relief ..?

I am grateful that you responded ..God bless you ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

if it's the standard autonomic stuff the ER will treat with benzos and antidepressants! so no, that's not generally a good idea...

however, since it's your heart, and we are not in position to diagnose you do need to feel confident that you don't have a more serious heart problem...so that is your call...read what you can about autonomic dysregulation... you can start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysautonomia when it's caused by withdrawal, as I said it does pass...but in some instances it can take a long time...tender nurturing care is required...lots of patience and gentleness.

I've found relaxing yoga to help...and also epsom salt baths...

here are some beginner ideas for yoga: http://beyondmeds.com/2013/01/31/simple-yoga/ the exercises in that help calm the autonomic system (don't expect miracles...it takes time...and listening to the body...with patience I've found those two exercises to be really amazing.

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

oh...if it gets really out of control (mine did for a time) I took beta blockers...but REALLY sporadically and WAY lower dose than what an MD would normally prescribe...and then I only took it PRN too...people can become dependent on beta blockers so it's not a good habit to get into...but I am also aware that sometimes the autonomic symptoms are really really bad. Mine were...but most people do manage without additional drugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lexi,

I'm sorry you're suffering like this. Gia gives good advice. She's come off MANY medications and has much knowledge.

I've merged your new topic with your existing topic. We are limited to only one topic per member in the iIntro and Updates. Please add any new posts in this thread.

I hope you find relief soon!

Hugs

Gia, thank you so very much!!

Thank you, for taking the time to give me this invaluable information ..!! I am so very grateful ..

The heart I did check out, and there are no problems ..It is just the way it beats that is unnerving ..

Sadly, I thought that as time goes by, symptoms would settle down, and hopefully go away ..But it is not to be ..

As soon as I entered the fourth month, symptoms started to escalate ..Such as today ..The back of my head feels like it is being squeezed tight, and the dizziness is debilitating ..And the breathing nightmare ..

Then at some point, I am not certain when, I need to work on tapering the Ativan ..

.I will try the salts, and maybe a quarter of a beta blocker .. Thank you for suggesting that ..And I look forward to read your story, to get some encouragement ..

I am so happy that you are a success story ..:)

Thank you again for coming to my rescue .. May you be healthy always ..

Sending you infinite appreciation ..:) xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Tezza, I am sorry I needed help and did not think ..

Thank you for your well wishing, I appreciate it ..

Always wishing for wellness for you ..:)

many hugs to you ..xx

Ps. I am sorry I double posted ..:(

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Lexi.I did a detox from Ativan in 10 days.The doc offered me the benzo of my choice.He said "This is the way we did it at Harvard and this is the way we do it here." Keep in mind I knew nothing about WD. I had to make up a story of self harm to get into the unit.. For 6 days I sat up and talked to staff,I couldn't sleep,I didnt eat.. I was put on 50mgs. of Zolft.Once I could sleep I went home.All was okay until about 3 months later and the Ativan WD kicked in. The Zolft didn't touch it. I thought I was going to go crazy. Back to the hosp,given the option to up Zoloft or choose another. I chose Celexa..Still not told about WD. Sent home in WD again. Here I am a year later still in WD from something it seems. Now the aspartame. I was so anxious and Dizzy..Nausea all the time. My point is, it does get better but oh so slowly. Please ladybug hang in there. Tylenol has helped me also.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Awww, my dearest flower, I am saddened to read what you have gone through ..:(

I went into rehab and came out with protracted withdrawal ...The doctor who threw me under the bus, humors me, that my problem is psychological ..!! That there is no such thing as protracted withdrawal ..!!

Also, I talked to my neurologist last night, to ask him about what happened to me yesterday ..It was a waste of time ..

He is of the same beliefs as my Psyche doctor ..!! Talking about Ativan and that I would need to taper soon, he actually told me to just stop taking it, ..!! He said 2 Mg is small ..If I was taking 6-8 Mg than. OK, taper ..

This morning I woke up with a heavy head, dizzy, shaky, and my heart is palpitating ..:(

I pray that I will not have the breathing issue again ..

I am so happy you wrote, sweet flower, as I think of you and pray for your well being ..

I do hope that this horrific situation will go away for both of us, and everyone who is hurting ..

But with days such as yesterday, I loose hope ..

But we are supposed to concentrate on this day, and not tomorrow ..

Flower please tell me what Tylenol helps with ..

Wishing you a serene and blessed day ..Sending you much love, and please hang in there too ..Maybe one day, we will be success stories ..:)

Hugs

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Alto, I saw a new Internist, and although she does not know anything about protracted withdrawal, she is willing to give me script for Sertraline liquid ..

What do you think? Would it help me at this point? A bit over three months since I stopped the AD 'S? Or do you think much time has passed for me?

I have many issues that have returned from weeks ago, plus some new ..

Your input will be appreciated ..Many thanks ..Lexicon

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Dear Gia,

It is with a thankful heart that I am writing you ..

It was such an overwhelming, supportive, and educating gesture that you kindly offered me yesterday ..

I felt much better, knowing what was happening to me ..

I would like to find your story to read ..I thought I had seen it somewhere, but cannot remember where ..:(

Would you please tell me where to find it?

Sending you my gratitude, along with love, and wishes of well being and blessings .. Lexicon

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexicon,

I am so sorry these days are so hard. I am very impressed that in the midst of it all you have seen your doctors. I can imagine that was not easy to pull off. I'm sure the new psychiatrist will appreciate your having done that. I know the days are so dragging to that date.

I have no clue about the medicine, but Gia's website is www.beyondmeds.com.

Cyber hugs!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Lexi ,I don't trust anyone anymore. My Doc did tell me the anxiety would be the worst of it. He also said most people stop taking the drugs without telling him. Tylenol helped with aches and pains..Ibuprophin will help a little with sleep. A doc told me that? I wait now to stabilize again. Since Aspartame works on dopamine and serotonin I suppose this will take it's own time. I read on thepeoplecleaner.com about others in my shoes.This stuff is so sickening to get out of your system if you've been doing it for a long time. Celexa will have to wait again. I really hope you get some peace.Is there anything you could take to help? Even a lesser serotonin drug? Just asking. Lamictil? Or one that would be easier to come off of? I think of you guys alot..My friends here are precious. Peace ladybug.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

How are you doing Lexi? I am currently having a break from anxiety.. It will most likely be back in an hour but it is good to be free from it even if for an hour...

Hope you are doing better or at least having a break from the suffering

reinstating AD:

Aww Abir, I am so happy that you got s bit of a break ..I hope it lasted for a very long time ..:)

I read somewhere Alto talking about Triptophan for sleep ..She suggested getting tie 500 Mg capsules, open them up, and try a little bit, to see how it does for you ..

But please, before you try ask her if she still recommends this ..

Toddy is suffering day for me unfortunately ..I was taken to an Alternative Medicine. Doctor, who gave me a product called Kavinace .... I took one and have been suffering most of the day.:(

It totally messed my head. I am having issues with the back of my head, like severe dizziness, am completely unstable ... crawled to get to the bathroom ..:(

My breathing problem became unmanageable, and am having prolonged anxiety ..

I hope i willl survive this ..

Abir, were you able to use the link to find a doctor in Canada?

Wishing you a sleepy, and blessed night. ..Thinking of you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Aw, sorry that this new drug made things worse... I totally feel and understand your frustration... Hang in there... I hope you get some rest today ...

Thanks for letting me know about tryptophan..

I slept for maybe an hour last night, most of it after 6am... I did not have anxiety last night, only insomnia, just my body refusing to sleep... Melatonin would have been helpful last night

reinstating AD:

lexi, i hope you are better...

thank you for the link, there was only one doctor but he seems to treat addiction problems to .. other substances, not SSRI or ADs...my brother is trying to look for one now.. thank you dear...

i am worried that you are worse now after trying that supplement... i hope you get over it soon... that is what makes dealing with this so much more complicated, we are in so much distress that we need something to ease our suffering, but our body can't handle any kind of treatment .... lexi, maybe check with the people on this site before you take any new products... your body is so sensitive now, anything can potentially make it much worse...

i hope you are better... hang in there... try to remind yourself that you are not alone, many people suffered like you and got better... you will too...

reinstating AD:

You are such a dear Abir ..thank you for your encouragement and support ..I appreciate it so much ..

You are right, I should have asked ..I am still trying to recover today from that. ..I should have known better ..

I hope your brother can find someone to help you ..there must be someone there who believes that what we are going through is real ..

Did you see Alex 's post, talking about something he found that helps him with anxiety and sleep ..?

I will try and find it for you, if my brain cooperates ..

Abir, I hope you got to sleep a little .. I have been having on going anxiety all day, and heavy head issues ..

Sending you many hugs ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Lexi, I will look for Alex's post, you just concentrate on finding some rest...Thanks for letting me know...

Hopefully tomorrow the effects from that new product will be gone, you only took it for one day... Have a good night and hopefully tomorrow you will be better

reinstating AD:

Abir, it is Alexejice..

Praying that you will get some sleep ..I will check on you tomorrow ..lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

lexi, I am in a window right now so don't worry about checking on me, I will be checking on you... Are you feeling better than yesterday, or maybe it is too soon to get rid of the effects of that product? Things do get better... For everyone... Including me and you... But unfortunately there is no miracle cure... So it won't happen overnight... But it will happen

reinstating AD:

Abir, how was your night? Did you get some sleep?

Prayed that you would ..

I was awaken abruptly, like my body was alerting me to wake up and breathe ..Those are scarry when they happen.

I dread days too, because of the breathing issues, and the anxiety ..

Thinking of you, and hoping that your day will be a kind day for you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Oooh, you woke up into an open window ..:) How wonderful is that Abir :) Awesome :) I wish that it will stay open all day for you ..:) keep it up ..:)

You are right., there in no magic cure ..we are hoping to get on the other side of this nightmare soon ..

I still have issues after taking the supplement ..I drink lots of water hoping to get rid of it ..I noticed that on the label it says to be cautious taking it with a medication that has sedative properties ..Ativan would be I think ..but I read it after having taken it ..But the doctor should have known that. ..

Wishing you an open, wonderful window, that stays this way today, and tomorrow, and on and on ..:) xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Meimei, thank you for the cyber hugs ..:) When times became intolerable, I would use them ..:)

Now I have ran out ..!!

I think of you, and your sweet heart, and precious humor..:)

Wishing you kind days and nights ..serene and blessed ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

lexi,

about waking up abruptly like your body is alerting you - with racing heart, feeling like you stopped breathing and having hot falshes in neck, arms, chest and face and feeling nauseous too: i know them very well, i have them almost every night, many many times a night... especially when i don't get any sleep, and i am so tired and sleepy after 3 am, i get those maybe 3 times per hour.... i hate them... when i finally get up, you feel sick, exhausted, and like your heart hurts, as if you were fighting a war at night.... i also get them during the day, when i am not under the stimulating effect of the meds and i feel sleepy, if i attempt to lie down and sleep, i get them too........ and many many other people seem to be getting them... it is like this is one of the most common withdrawal symptom.... so don't worry, you are just one of us :) and you will get better too.... i promise..

thank you lexi for your prayers..

reinstating AD:

Can someone come to my rescue please?

I am having an ongoing problem breathing ..Am trying the belly breaths, but am not able to complete ..

I feel anxiety buildings up ..With my heart palpitating, and stomach hurting ..

Also, the back of my head feels like some sort of heat and squeezing sensations ..Very uncomfortable ..

The dizzy is terrible ..I am totally unstable. ..

Feeling fatigued, with tingling throughout ..body, face " head ...

Ativan is not helping at all ..:(

Any support and encouragement, I will be grateful for ..Thank you ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Awe Lexi... I wish I know more but I just googled ativan and it seems that its side effects include dizziness, restlessness, difficulty breathing and swallowing and irregular heart beat... Are you taking more of it than normal or maybe now you are sensitive to it... When did you last see the doctor who prescribed it

reinstating AD: