Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

6 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hi Joy. 

Its Lg. I soooo understand the brain fog. Live with dp/dr every day. But I have to admit that I got my first laugh in a few days......you showing up to church on Saturday. 

Im laughing with you, not at you. 

If I didn’t set timers on my phone for meds , appts, reminders, etc, I’d be a worse mess.   xx Lg

LG:

I guess I'm going to have to set an alarm on my phone to take my afternoon dose. My morning dose isn't a problem, as I take my Lexapro then.

Can I PM you?

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Of course you can. Always

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

3 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Of course you can. Always

Thanks, I'll start writing lol...

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

On December 24, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

how wonderful two things you wished for and it’s not  even Christmas Day yet. Enjoy the snow and that relaxing bath. Hopefully once relaxing in that longed for bath the anxiety will fade away for the rest of the Christmas period. Brownie enjoying her food another wish come true. 

My anxiety is through the  roof along with other symptoms but have now finished all the prep for Christmas so going to stick my head in the tv to distract myself and hopefully it will all fade away for me too. 

Hi Scorpio:

I did enjoy the snow, but now it's melting. It's supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow, yuck!

I really enjoyed my bath. I'm getting ready to go soak again. It is wonderful.

Now that everything is done, I skyped with my granddaughter and she's ready to come visit. I hope I can see her before she goes back to school. I still have her presents.

My anxiety was through the roof on Christmas Day, but I made it. It's been bad lately, but I forgot to take my afternoon Xanax for about 5-6 days. Duh! 

I hope your anxiety has lessened for you. And you had a great Christmas :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie

Yes, I am feeling well, but am keeping my citalopram dosage stable right now.

My house situation is no longer straight forward, we had a survey done and it revealed the house needed about £11,000 worth of work on it in the next few years, but we are trying to get the purchase price down to reflect that.  Both my husband and I can really see ourselves living happily there, but the figures have to add up.

Hopefully things will work out.  We have looked at another property but is brand new and we just don't feel the same way about that.

I have had a reasonable Christmas, but worked away from home the whole time (could be a blessing in a way).  My husband, daughter and grandchild came to visit my work on Christmas Day, with the consent of my client's family.  Although I have been with this client 5 years now it was the first time my husband had met her.  I think he was surprised how ill she was.

I may be repeating myself here - I saw my accountant for my first year's tax returns and he was impressed by my embryonic little care business.  This will however be my last live-in job as I feel the need to be at home after this client, so will probably have to look for employment then.  My accountant wants me to undertake further training and CPD, continuing professional development courses, and I am more than happy with that.

In the future I will not work quite so hard but will still need some sort of income.  At times, due to withdrawing from other drugs, my employment has been difficult, and when my citalopram withdrawal has hit in it has been very hard, which is the main reason I am sticking at my lower dose and just maintaining for now.  I would have too much to lose income and professionally wise, but I do feel so much better for reducing my dose and more productive, with more energy, and I can follow routines better.

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

29 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

Hi Frogie

Yes, I am feeling well, but am keeping my citalopram dosage stable right now.

My house situation is no longer straight forward, we had a survey done and it revealed the house needed about £11,000 worth of work on it in the next few years, but we are trying to get the purchase price down to reflect that.  Both my husband and I can really see ourselves living happily there, but the figures have to add up.

Hopefully things will work out.  We have looked at another property but is brand new and we just don't feel the same way about that.

I have had a reasonable Christmas, but worked away from home the whole time (could be a blessing in a way).  My husband, daughter and grandchild came to visit my work on Christmas Day, with the consent of my client's family.  Although I have been with this client 5 years now it was the first time my husband had met her.  I think he was surprised how ill she was.

I may be repeating myself here - I saw my accountant for my first year's tax returns and he was impressed by my embryonic little care business.  This will however be my last live-in job as I feel the need to be at home after this client, so will probably have to look for employment then.  My accountant wants me to undertake further training and CPD, continuing professional development courses, and I am more than happy with that.

In the future I will not work quite so hard but will still need some sort of income.  At times, due to withdrawing from other drugs, my employment has been difficult, and when my citalopram withdrawal has hit in it has been very hard, which is the main reason I am sticking at my lower dose and just maintaining for now.  I would have too much to lose income and professionally wise, but I do feel so much better for reducing my dose and more productive, with more energy, and I can follow routines better.

Joy

Hi Joy:

I'm glad you had a good Christmas and were able to see your family. As you probably read, I never got to talk to my granddaughter. It was a lousy day. My Uncle, fiancé and I had a nice dinner, watched football and a couple movies. I'm so glad it's over.

I hope you can come to an agreement with your house situation. It sounds like you and your hubby really have fallen in love with it. I know about them needing work. We just finished the one bathroom and bedroom floor. But we have another bathroom that needs a new shower and we need new siding and roof on the outside. That has to be done before we can move. 

It it sounds interesting taking more courses. You would have a lot more knowledge and more clients in the long run. It would give you more income and not have to work so hard hopefully.

I'm glad you are stablized on your dosage. I'm back to normal except for the mishap with the Xanax. But I feel a lot better today, so I'll be fine. By the weekend I'll be back to normal. I can follow directions and routines fine. I was feeling good, busy with my Uncle and forgot to take my meds. My mind was on keeping busy, so I wasn't thinking of the holidays.

I hope everything turns turns out with your house. Keep me updated.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

im so happy for you on being able to enjoy those much longed for relaxing baths also the hope that you will see your beloved granddaughter before she goes back to school. How exciting and you will enjoy your Christmas Day again  opening her presents. 

I read you had forgotten to take your meds hopefully you will be able to recommence without any problems. I think quite a lot of us are glad christmas is over. I woke up at 2am with the worst sore throat and that is how Christmas Day continued. I have no idea how I got through the day I felt so ill which has gotten worse ever since. Another really bad cold that has floored me completely plus the W/d symptoms don’t make a good mix. Hopefully tomorrow it will start to improve. Two colds in a month is too much. We had snow yesterday and it’s absolutely freezing so I am going nowhere until the weather improves. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

28 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

im so happy for you on being able to enjoy those much longed for relaxing baths also the hope that you will see your beloved granddaughter before she goes back to school. How exciting and you will enjoy your Christmas Day again  opening her presents. 

I read you had forgotten to take your meds hopefully you will be able to recommence without any problems. I think quite a lot of us are glad christmas is over. I woke up at 2am with the worst sore throat and that is how Christmas Day continued. I have no idea how I got through the day I felt so ill which has gotten worse ever since. Another really bad cold that has floored me completely plus the W/d symptoms don’t make a good mix. Hopefully tomorrow it will start to improve. Two colds in a month is too much. We had snow yesterday and it’s absolutely freezing so I am going nowhere until the weather improves. 

The baths are great. I really missed them. We haven't had a working bathtub for over a year. Just a stand up shower that needs replaced now.

I didn't enjoy Christmas at all. We watched football and had a nice dinner, but I wasn't able to talk to my granddaughter until the next day. It will be nice to see her and watch her open her presents. I don't think many people on here enjoyed Christmas. I'm glad it's over. 

I can't believe I forgot my meds either. But I think I was just trying to stay busy with my Uncle so I didn't have to think about the holidays, and just forgot. But I'll be fine. I feel better already.

I'm sorry to hear you got sick on Christmas, that's no fun. I got sick in October and was on 4 different antibiotics before it knocked it out. I hope you feel better soon.

We did have snow on the ground for Christmas and it was cold. But now it's in the 40's today and 60's tomorrow. I really enjoyed the snow while we had it. I wish it would come back.

Stay warm.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I have a question for anyone that could answer it:

Over the last week I have had higher than normal blood pressure. It's been 120's/80's, sometimes 130's/90's, which isn't dangerously high but mine usually runs 100's/60's or so.

I was reading an article about when you taper Lexapro your blood pressure could raise. Does anyone know if that is true? If it is, will it stablize when you are done tapering?

Should I be concerned and go to the dr? Or just wait and see what happens?

I also read that taking Vitamin C can help lower blood pressure?

I really appreciate all the help you can give me.

Thank you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/27/2017 at 5:41 PM, Frogie said:

I take 1mg Xanax 4 times a day, but I never take my night one, so I only take 3mgs a day. I think I forgot to take my afternoon one for about 5-6 days.

On 12/27/2017 at 1:39 PM, Frogie said:

So, my question is: Is it normal to have a headache because I haven't been taking the Xanax regularly? I

7 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Over the last week I have had higher than normal blood pressure. It's been 120's/80's, sometimes 130's/90's, which isn't dangerously high but mine usually runs 100's/60's or so.

It's possible the high blood pressure and headaches are connected to the missed Xanax doses over the past week. 

4 minutes ago, Shep said:

It's possible the high blood pressure and headaches are connected to the missed Xanax doses over the past week. 

Thanks for the information. I never thought about my Xanax. By missing doses it can cause high blood pressure? If that's the case, how do you ever taper off of it without getting high blood pressure? Just curious.

I will keep an eye on it for the next few days, and repost if I need too.

I hope you are feeling well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
9 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Thanks for the information. I never thought about my Xanax. By missing doses it can cause high blood pressure? If that's the case, how do you ever taper off of it without getting high blood pressure? Just curious.

By skipping one dose out of three, you reduced by 33%. So it wasn't that you gently made a taper - you made a very drastic cut that you may feel the effects from for awhile. Going through a slow, gentle taper is like taking the stairs. Reducing by 33% is like jumping out the window. 

Tapering slowly is the way to avoid high blood pressure (and many other symptoms). 

Please get set up with a medication alarm (on your phone, computer, clock, etc) and use pill cases with the day marked on them. It's really important not to skip doses because the effects can take awhile for the nervous system to recover from and will likely leave you with some very difficult symptoms. 

Just now, Shep said:

By skipping one dose out of three, you reduced by 33%. So it wasn't that you gently made a taper - you made a very drastic cut that you may feel the effects from for awhile. Going through a slow, gentle taper is like taking the stairs. Reducing by 33% is like jumping out the window. 

Tapering slowly is the way to avoid high blood pressure (and many other symptoms). 

Please get set up with a medication alarm (on your phone, computer, clock, etc) and use pill cases with the day marked on them. It's really important not to skip doses because the effects can take awhile for the nervous system to recover from and will likely leave you with some very difficult symptoms. 

Thanks Shep:

I really appreciate the information. I have not or will not forget a dosage from now on. I never have before and I've been taking Xanax since 2008. I just had a lot going on, and was trying to forget about the holidays. It got away from me.

I'm glad to know that this is only temporary.

I hope I can recover relatively soon, as we are planning a trip out of town in two weeks. My fiancés father is not doing well and we are going to spend a weekend him and my fiancés mother.

I will keep an eye on my blood pressure and let you know of any changes.

I'm glad to know that after my Lexapro is done, I have you to help me get off the Xanax. And with a proper taper, I won't have high blood pressure. 

You are very caring. I appreciate everything you have done for me.

Thanks again.

Take care,

Frogie xx

11 hours ago, Shep said:

Ha. I always love your analogies 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

20 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Ha. I always love your analogies 

Yeah. I jumped out the window. I won't ever forget it again that's for sure.

Good morning Frogie 

headache any better today?

our second Christmas party went til 11:30 last night. I feel better today than I expected. It was rough getting through it though. I had to talk myself down from a panic attack. But I did instead of hiding. 

So, I was going to go down to 4.9 mg of lex today. I got too nervous. Just wasn’t sure about the measurement. I think I want to get a bottle with a holed cap on it first. Then have my daughter come over and make sure I’m doing it right. I know I’m overthinking it but I had a bad reaction with just a mfg change, so I don’t want to make any mistakes. 

Any plans today? We’re suppose to get a bunch more snow. I’d gladly trade you for your 60 degrees. It is so cold. 

xx Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

26 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Good morning Frogie 

headache any better today?

our second Christmas party went til 11:30 last night. I feel better today than I expected. It was rough getting through it though. I had to talk myself down from a panic attack. But I did instead of hiding. 

So, I was going to go down to 4.9 mg of lex today. I got too nervous. Just wasn’t sure about the measurement. I think I want to get a bottle with a holed cap on it first. Then have my daughter come over and make sure I’m doing it right. I know I’m overthinking it but I had a bad reaction with just a mfg change, so I don’t want to make any mistakes. 

Any plans today? We’re suppose to get a bunch more snow. I’d gladly trade you for your 60 degrees. It is so cold. 

xx Lg

Good morning LG:

I woke up with no headache or nausea. Good sign I guess. But my blood pressure is still high. Mine usually runs in the 100's/60's. This morning it was 138/86. But Shep said its because I didn't take that one dose of Xanax for 5-6 days. I hope it goes back down soon. I'm kinda worried. I don't know if I should go to the dr or wait until next week and see what happens?

I'm glad you could talk yourself out of a panic attack. That's awesome!

I take liquid Lexapro. I assume you do too the way you talk. I make a red mark on the syringe where I need to draw it up to. I pour some into a medicine cup. Then I take my syringe and draw it up to the mark and pour the extra back into the bottle. I squirt the Lexapro into the medicine cup add some apple juice and drink it. You could try that. Or wait for your daughter if you feel more comfortable.

No plans today. Just hang out. I would gladly trade you our 60 degree weather for snow. I want snow so bad. I told my fiancé if I wanted to live in this type of weather, I would move to Florida or California lol...

Hope you have a good day.

I PM'd you last night.

Hugs.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie....I've just copied and pasted from Staz's thread as I haven't figured out how to quote from one thread to another!

I did see you were on Escitalopram. I'm tapering off that right now. May I ask, how did it affect you, and was it hard for you to taper off of? I'm having a terrible time.

Are you on Prozac now? How do you do with it?

Thanks for helping me. I greatly appreciate it.

I wouldn't say I tapered off escitalopram...far from it.  The psychiatrist at the time ceased 30mg over two weeks. So, 30mg, 20mg, 10mg, 5mg then 2.5mg then off.  You are in a very good position to be tapering slowly.  If you look at the medications and dates in my sig you'll see I was polydrugged to the extreme.  I can pinpoint some w/d symptoms from escitalopram because they were identical to citalopram w/d (that was ceased over one week 40mg - I had been on that for five years).  They are as follows....

• relentless nausea.  Very similar to morning sickness (I think you mention this)...ginger is the only thing that helped
  • vomiting
  • no appetite (not surprising)
  • sensory issues 
  • migraines
  • dizziness
  • debilitating fatigue 
  • anxiety and depression (the w/d type) sobbing, fear, terror, weighed down by darkness.

The following is a quote from my journal from that time... "I feel like I am desperately gripping to the edge of a cliff.  The waves are crashing on the jaggered rocks below.  The terror is overwhelming.  This beast is deliberately prising my fingers away...one by one.  I don't know how much longer I can hang on.  Please god, give me strength...I don't want to fall"

Anyway, that kinda sums it up.  As far as the Prozac goes...i don't like the way SSRI's make me feel.  In general, I often feel dead inside but hypervigilent at the same time...a constant state of fight or flight.  Frogie, I don't know what the answers are...one of my issues is trying to decipher w/d, side effects and drug interaction. Prozac will be my next taper after I finish the dexamphetamine taper (this was prescribed for fatigue...caused by w/d and the side effects of seroquel and clonazepam)

I am truly sorry you are suffering 😞 I understand and I'm sure we can wade through this mess together.  Minute by minute, day by day.  I don't take myself to seriously and I think that helps.  I hide behind humour at times.

Lovely to meet you Frogie, K 

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
  • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
  • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
  • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
  • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
  • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
  • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
  • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg, 8th April 1.48mg, 15th April 1.47mg, 22nd April 1.46mg, 29th April 1.45mg
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
  • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
  • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
  • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

27 minutes ago, Kristine said:

Hi Frogie....I've just copied and pasted from Staz's thread as I haven't figured out how to quote from one thread to another!

I did see you were on Escitalopram. I'm tapering off that right now. May I ask, how did it affect you, and was it hard for you to taper off of? I'm having a terrible time.

Are you on Prozac now? How do you do with it?

Thanks for helping me. I greatly appreciate it.

I wouldn't say I tapered off escitalopram...far from it.  The psychiatrist at the time ceased 30mg over two weeks. So, 30mg, 20mg, 10mg, 5mg then 2.5mg then off.  You are in a very good position to be tapering slowly.  If you look at the medications and dates in my sig you'll see I was polydrugged to the extreme.  I can pinpoint some w/d symptoms from escitalopram because they were identical to citalopram w/d (that was ceased over one week 40mg - I had been on that for five years).  They are as follows....

• relentless nausea.  Very similar to morning sickness (I think you mention this)...ginger is the only thing that helped
  • vomiting
  • no appetite (not surprising)
  • sensory issues 
  • migraines
  • dizziness
  • debilitating fatigue 
  • anxiety and depression (the w/d type) sobbing, fear, terror, weighed down by darkness.

The following is a quote from my journal from that time... "I feel like I am desperately gripping to the edge of a cliff.  The waves are crashing on the jaggered rocks below.  The terror is overwhelming.  This beast is deliberately prising my fingers away...one by one.  I don't know how much longer I can hang on.  Please god, give me strength...I don't want to fall"

Anyway, that kinda sums it up.  As far as the Prozac goes...i don't like the way SSRI's make me feel.  In general, I often feel dead inside but hypervigilent at the same time...a constant state of fight or flight.  Frogie, I don't know what the answers are...one of my issues is trying to decipher w/d, side effects and drug interaction. Prozac will be my next taper after I finish the dexamphetamine taper (this was prescribed for fatigue...caused by w/d and the side effects of seroquel and clonazepam)

I am truly sorry you are suffering 😞 I understand and I'm sure we can wade through this mess together.  Minute by minute, day by day.  I don't take myself to seriously and I think that helps.  I hide behind humour at times.

Lovely to meet you Frogie, K 

I will make this quick:

Thank you sooooo much for answering me.

I'm having a lot of anxiety at the moment and have been before Christmas, so I will answer you when I'm in a better place.

I would love for you to help me. You are the 1st person (beside the mods, which are great), that want to help.

Usually we are here to help each other, but we end up saying what's going on and we are sorry tom hear blah blah blah. I'm not ridiculing or cutting one person down that I talk to, because they are all wonderful. And I wouldn't know what to do without any one of you.

I was just looking for answers.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

Take care,

Frogie xx

No worries Frogie,  I'm happy to help in anyway I can.  I think sharing any ideas of what has helped/or hasn't is beneficial for everyone. It really is an scary labyrinth we are trying to navigate through.  Take your time Frogie, rest if you can and be kind to yourself. K

• Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg, 8th April 1.48mg, 15th April 1.47mg, 22nd April 1.46mg, 29th April 1.45mg
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

1 hour ago, Kristine said:

No worries Frogie,  I'm happy to help in anyway I can.  I think sharing any ideas of what has helped/or hasn't is beneficial for everyone. It really is an scary labyrinth we are trying to navigate through.  Take your time Frogie, rest if you can and be kind to yourself. K

Thanks Kristine:

I look forward to talking with you soon.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Quick update:

I have been so proud of myself. As messed up my holidays were, I made it through.

I still have yet to see my granddaughter and still have her presents. 

We are going to spend the weekend with my fiancés parents. My fiancés father is not doing well. He is 90. My granddaughter only lives about 20 minutes or so from them. Finally got my daughter in law to commit to me coming over so my granddaughter can have her presents and I can see her.

I messed up, again. :( I forgot to take my afternoon Xanax for 5-6 days, I think. I got busy trying to keep busy with the holidays not going well, and keeping my Uncle entertained and forgot. Stupid, I know. But I haven't forgotten since and don't plan on it ever again. Thank goodness for Shep, she got me straightened out and back on track.

I have had anxiety, but I think it's all situational. The holidays, not seeing my granddaughter, on and on. And because of the holidays I haven't been to therapy.

I woke up nauseous this morning. 1st time in a while. I think it's also situational. Knowing that I'm leaving my home for the weekend. Not having Brownie with me, she stays at my Uncles when we are there. I'll go over and feed her and see her. It's only 2 nights, but it's not the same as having her laying next to me like she is doing now.

I just need to take deep breaths and know it will be over soon enough. I'm just leaving my comfort zone. But once I get there, I will be ok.

I hope you get to read this Andy, and if you get time respond. I don't know if you are back or not. If you are, I hope you had a wonderful holiday. If not, I hope you are enjoying yourself.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
6 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I hope you get to read this Andy, and if you get time respond. I don't know if you are back or not. If you are, I hope you had a wonderful holiday. If not, I hope you are enjoying yourself.

Thanks, Frogie.

I've been online and following all of your posts all along.  I didn't respond because I think you've managed very well and there was  nothing of a "crisis" mode that needed me to intervene.  You got great advice from Shep regarding the Xanax snafu and she is better versed in benzoland than I am so I thought letting things play out was better for you.  You are doing fine.

I'm still on vacation through the end of the week (although the cold snap has hit Florida so it's not great at this point).  My holiday had its highs and lows as is to be expected in withdrawal.  I think I came to some greater understandings about how it all fits together and I will post about it on my thread in the near future.

Just keep trying to reassure yourself and calm your nervous system down.  You are doing great.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

2 minutes ago, apace41 said:

Thanks, Frogie.

I've been online and following all of your posts all along.  I didn't respond because I think you've managed very well and there was  nothing of a "crisis" mode that needed me to intervene.  You got great advice from Shep regarding the Xanax snafu and she is better versed in benzoland than I am so I thought letting things play out was better for you.  You are doing fine.

I'm still on vacation through the end of the week (although the cold snap has hit Florida so it's not great at this point).  My holiday had its highs and lows as is to be expected in withdrawal.  I think I came to some greater understandings about how it all fits together and I will post about it on my thread in the near future.

Just keep trying to reassure yourself and calm your nervous system down.  You are doing great.

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy:

I had no idea you were "watching" me, but I'm glad you were there in the background. :)

Thanks for saying I'm doing great. That helps a lot.

All the messes I make of myself, I always snap out of it.

I look forward to your post about the holidays as mine was a nightmare as you read.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation. It's in the 50's here. I want snow again lol...

Talk soon.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Frogie,

Have a great weekend getaway.  And visit with your dear grand daughter.  Smog here now, it's visible from above......and somehow doesn't seem at the worst........which is when it blocks the sun.  It's a health hazard though for sure.  Otherwise 2018 is.  Going.  Well.

Try and stay as much as possible in the present if you can.  The here and now.  The "what do I see that is good today, even beautiful?"  And honest.......try hugging a tree.  Just once.  I know it sounds ultra hokey but just try it.......even once.........then report back.  :rolleyes:

And just do the best you can.  I'll be rooting for you and successful travel and visits!

So you have tried the ACV(applecidervinegar with mother root) for the nausea, as well as tried the ginger tea........and haven't been able to tolerate either?  I was just looking at your update.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

8 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Frogie,

Have a great weekend getaway.  And visit with your dear grand daughter.  Smog here now, it's visible from above......and somehow doesn't seem at the worst........which is when it blocks the sun.  It's a health hazard though for sure.  Otherwise 2018 is.  Going.  Well.

Try and stay as much as possible in the present if you can.  The here and now.  The "what do I see that is good today, even beautiful?"  And honest.......try hugging a tree.  Just once.  I know it sounds ultra hokey but just try it.......even once.........then report back.  :rolleyes:

And just do the best you can.  I'll be rooting for you and successful travel and visits!

So you have tried the ACV(applecidervinegar with mother root) for the nausea, as well as tried the ginger tea........and haven't been able to tolerate either?  I was just looking at your update.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth,

mmt

Hi MMT:

I'm nauseous this morning and my anxiety is ramped up. But it's situational. I'll be ok after I get going and get there.

It's going to be ok with Brownie. I know she will be ok, being with my Uncle like always. It's just not the same as having her next to me. I'll be glad when Sunday comes and I get her back.

Still trying to figure out how to see my granddaughter, but I'm going to make it work.

Thanks for your kind words.

We might get snow next week!❄️❄️❄️🤗🤗🤗☃☃☃I sure hope so.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi everyone:

I'm so nauseous, my anxiety is ramped and I have a headache.

I'm getting ready as we speak to go away for the weekend. I'm not looking forward to it. I have to leave Brownie with my Uncle, which is only 10 minutes away, but it's not the same as having her next to me.

We are going to see my fiancés parents. 

I hope to to get to see my granddaughter and finally let her open her presents.

I'm not bringing my iPad. I have my phone to text and call, but feel I need to get away from SA just for the weekend.

I will be back Sunday. And will check back when we get home.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. And wish me luck that I enjoy mine!

Thanks...

Take care,

Frogie xx

Good luck Frogie.

xx

Dosulepin 75mg 1996 - 1997 tapered off no problem - Prozac sporadic use between 1995 and 2011 usually 9 months then off.

Mirtazapine 2015 tapered off after 4 months no problem -Prozac 20mg 2012-2015 tapered off no problems

Prozac 20mg April 2016-May 2016 stopped ct after 4 weeks due to adverse reaction I believe to be serotnin toxicity due to mirtazapine interaction

Escitlopram 10 mg May 2016 - cut to 5mg May 2016  stopped ct November 2016 no W/d's noted

Lyrica 300mg May 2016 - July 2017 - Taper from Jan to Jul 17 awful taper.

Lofepramine 150mg  November 2016 - January 2017 Swift w/d as it didn't work

Quetiapine 75mg November 2016 changed to 150 XL May2017 changed to 150mg IR July 2017 reduced to in 25mg steps from July to 50mg Oct 17. 37.5mg 12th Nov 17 - 35mg 20 Nov 17 - 30mg 22 Nov 17 - 25mg 24 Nov 17 dropped to 20mg Dec 17, 15mg Jan 18. Current taken at bedtime.

Quetiapine dropped Jan 17th 2018.

Dosulepin 75mg May 2017 - increased in 25mg steps to 175mg Oct 17 Reduced to 150mg Nov 17 current taken at bedtime

Diazepam 15mg May 2016 - c/t'd by shrink after 6 weeks. Reinstated at 12mg after 4 weeks June 16 - current 4mg 3 times a day morning, 2.30pm and bedtime.

Mirtazapine 15mg since March 2015 - current - pooped out within 4 weeks

8 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Hi everyone:

I'm so nauseous, my anxiety is ramped and I have a headache.

I'm getting ready as we speak to go away for the weekend. I'm not looking forward to it. I have to leave Brownie with my Uncle, which is only 10 minutes away, but it's not the same as having her next to me.

We are going to see my fiancés parents. 

I hope to to get to see my granddaughter and finally let her open her presents.

I'm not bringing my iPad. I have my phone to text and call, but feel I need to get away from SA just for the weekend.

I will be back Sunday. And will check back when we get home.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. And wish me luck that I enjoy mine!

Thanks...

Take care,

Frogie xx

Best of luck Frogie, you will be fine.

You've survived worse than this remember?

Deep breathing and as mmt says, tree hugging - those guys give us the oxygen we need.

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Mentor

Hi Frogie,

I wanted to stop by and wish you a nice weekend.  I know Brownie will be staying with your Uncle. I'm so sorry she can't be nestled next to you in bed at night. You will visit her though and it gives your Uncle some quality time with here. I do wish you luck that you enjoy your weekend.  And it is OK to leave the cyber world of SA for a while.  Good for you, enjoy real life.

xo

RS

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

Have a great trip Frogie. 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Have a good time and the best part will eventually seeing your granddaughter, you will be fine and the break will do you good,

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

Thanks everyone!

Talk soon.

Everyone take care and don't feel like me lol...

Take care,

Frogie xx

Take care Frogie.  Hope your anxiety reduces a bit so you can relax and enjoy.  Anxiety can be crippling - as crippling as a broken leg.  We all wish you well

Joy 

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

Hi Frogie, Welcome back! How was your trip?  I hope everything went well and the distruption to your routine didn't cause too many issues for you. K

Just now, Kristine said:

Hi Frogie, Welcome back! How was your trip?  I hope everything went well and the distruption to your routine didn't cause too many issues for you. K

Thanks Kristine:

I had a very nice time. I got my hair cut and we got pizza. That was the only time we left the house except to take care of Brownie.

Brownie was so happy to come in the car with mommy and daddy she wouldn't sit in her kennel, so I held her the whole way. We stopped and got hamburgers on the way home and she gobbled hers down like she hadn't been fed in a week and it was only about 2 hours before I had fed her her veggies and she gobbled them down. She is now laying next to me. She's happy and so am I. 

I was was really emotional this weekend too.

I wanted to to ask you a question. Do you get a lot of headaches? Like everyday? I have had a headache everyday for about a week now. It's sometimes behind my right eye and forehead, and sometimes it's in the back of my head. I thought it was because my glasses are bad. I'm going to the eye dr next month. But maybe it's WD?

Good news though. I got to see my granddaughter for about 45 minutes and got to see her open her presents. She loved everything. My fiancé also told his family and I told my family that we were moving home hopefully by the end of this year. You should have seen my granddaughter. She was jumping up and down saying she gets her Grammie and Papa back. I thought my fiancés mom was going to cry she was so happy.

I really appreciate you checking on me. And answering my questions. I hope your symptoms list has gone down.

Take care,

Frogie xx