Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

18 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

Aw, thank you Frogie. You know, you choked me up, almost. I have that emotionless thing going. I actually felt a bit of emotion when I was with my aunt. The poor thing has dementia and was looking for her suitcase so she can go home to her mother. She also wants to get her job back at the newspaper where she worked 60 years ago. 

I didn't want to make you cry. You have said very kind things to me and tears roll down my face. It's sad to see your Aunt like that. I went through the exact same thing with my grandma. It was horrible.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

i really do like you Frogie. I hope your creepy crawly thing goes away. I would give anything to be able to cry. Laugh too. I’m still on 50 mg of trazadone and 5 beads if effexor. My husband hates the trazadone. He thinks it’s making me anxious snd emotionless. I guess I have to wait to taper it. He’s wanting to blame the drugs on my problems. he keeps telling me to get rid of the trazadone. For years I did refuse to take it and was up 24/7 with the Effexor. I knew it made me “ feel too good”. I had no idea  it was an antidepressant. Nobody told me. I thought it was a sleeping pill. 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

Just now, Downbutnotout said:

i really do like you Frogie. I hope your creepy crawly thing goes away. I would give anything to be able to cry. Laugh too. I’m still on 50 mg of trazadone and 5 beads if effexor. My husband hates the trazadone. He thinks it’s making me anxious snd emotionless. I guess I have to wait to taper it. He’s wanting to blame the drugs on my problems. he keeps telling me to get rid of the trazadone. For years I did refuse to take it and was up 24/7 with the Effexor. I knew it made me “ feel too good”. I had no idea  it was an antidepressant. Nobody told me. I thought it was a sleeping pill. 

I really like you too D. So far, I haven't had the creepy crawly thing in my knees for a couple of days. It's the Phenergran that I was taking for nausea. It never did it up until recently. I hope I don't get it again. It's just awful. I have never been on Trazodone.  I would wait a LOOONG time before you taper anything. It sounds like things are finally starting to work. I don't want to burst your bubble, but don't do all the wrong things I did. I went off Gabapentin, Lamictal and Valium all one after another without waiting. Then I cut my Lexapro in 1/2. I went through h**l for a year, maybe longer. I still had problems last summer, and all that happened in 2015. Just stay put. You may not feel good right now, but you will eventually. I was told by a mod, don't touch your meds until you are completely symptom free for 30 days. So, if you are symptom free for 15 days then have symptoms, you start over to day 1.  Believe me it works. I hope I don't get nauseous from tapering. That's usually my symptom within 3-4 days because I can't take my anti nausea med anymore. I asked my fiancé to stop at the store on the way home and get me some Dramamine. Scallywag told me to try that a long tine ago. So I'm going to have it in the house just in case. I'm sure I've bored you now. You have a good evening. :). Take care, Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

You’re right. I know they would tell me the same thing. My dtr just told me I have to learn to manage my depression. My kids figure it’s not going away. They don’t understand why I just don’t give into drug therapy. They think I should listen to the medical professionals. I was going to try to attend religious services tonight to keep fighting today. I have like 20 minutes to push myself out the door. I don’t know if I can do it. I better change my clothes. I look not so cute. 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

Just now, Downbutnotout said:

You’re right. I know they would tell me the same thing. My dtr just told me I have to learn to manage my depression. My kids figure it’s not going away. They don’t understand why I just don’t give into drug therapy. They think I should listen to the medical professionals. I was going to try to attend religious services tonight to keep fighting today. I have like 20 minutes to push myself out the door. I don’t know if I can do it. I better change my clothes. I look not so cute. 

That's a decision only you can make about the meds. But I would back you at any choice you made. That's what friends do. At least you got out today and got dressed. I never got dressed today or left the house. Have a good time at church. Say a huge prayer for me. Take care, Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

"Can I still do every 30 days?"  Sorry, Frogie, I don't understand your question.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of May 2: 6.1mg

Taper is 92% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotic, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

7 minutes ago, Gridley said:

"Can I still do every 30 days?"  Sorry, Frogie, I don't understand your question.

I'm sorry I should have been clearer. I meant can I still taper every 30 days? You said to go slower on smaller doses. Thanks!

• Moderator Emeritus

How have you been feeling after each drop? And how long a hold after each drop?  It is about the same for the last 2-3 months or is it getting harder (more symptoms)?  I know it's hard to judge sometimes, what with all the other factors like external stressors.  But do the best you can in appraising your symptoms.  If you've been pretty steady, you could stay on the same schedule.  If not, you could hold longer or drop less (or both).  

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of May 2: 6.1mg

Taper is 92% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotic, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

23 minutes ago, Gridley said:

How have you been feeling after each drop? And how long a hold after each drop?  It is about the same for the last 2-3 months or is it getting harder (more symptoms)?  I know it's hard to judge sometimes, what with all the other factors like external stressors.  But do the best you can in appraising your symptoms.  If you've been pretty steady, you could stay on the same schedule.  If not, you could hold longer or drop less (or both).  

I had a lot of stress over the holidays, so I didn't taper in December. But the other ones have been better, I think. I guess I'll just have to see how I feel the lower I get. I'm hoping I'll feel better getting this poison out of my system. I tapered today for the first time, so far so good. Usually I feel nauseous the first day. Who knows over the weekend, but I have Dramamine (scallywag told me about that a long time ago), and peppermint and chamomile tea. I should be good to go. Thanks for your help! Take care, Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, Frogie said:

I saw my country dr last month. He says I'm doing fine. I have an infiltrated liver. That's why I'm on 800IU Vitamin E. But I had a well known New York liver dr read my CT and he said I was fine. It was a little fatty, but I was fine. Almost everyone we know out here has this liver problem. Even my fiancé. We are all beginning to think its something Drs want you to have so they have something to treat. But my dr said I could taper as fast or slow as I felt comfortable with. He would continue to prescribe the Lexapro as long as I needed it. He is actually a really good dr for this. He hasn't pushed me but one time. I told him to back off and we now have an understanding. I'm wondering if my liver is not metabolizing all the meds also. 

8 hours ago, Frogie said:

I have no friends out here. Don't ask. If you aren't from here, or your family isn't from here, you don't belong here. I've tried for almost 5 years. So has my fiancé. He has acquaintances. I will be glad to go home where my friends and family are. Especially my granddaughter. I really think I will heal better. I have had long talks with my therapist about this and she agrees.

With my taper, I'm only asking for reassurance and a pat on the back once in a while. I've been through really rough times with it, so I know how my body reacts. I really think my body says it's time. I stopped the Vitamin E and feel great!

Your liver enzymes are all normal too?  That's weird........everyone out there has the same liver problem?  Yet you do or you don't have a problem?  Hard to follow.  

I was just thinking you should probably wait at least 5 mos. from your 50% inadvertent drop of Lexapro, to be on the safe side.........as you ARE on lower dosages now.  I'll respect your decision.  I did see you mention waiting until the end of the month to taper somewhere above..........so, I was surprised.   I don't know on the doctor really......most of the time they do not have any experience with tapers, other than what they have from the pharmaceutical companies.   He does sound good at reassuring you a bit and alleviating some of your worries.   And good on your therapist.  I surely hope it all works out as you guys have planned and is your healing then.  Wherever you go, that's where you are.  Great book, have you heard of it?  Helps with the mindful, here and now ness and general comfort wherever you might be.

Yes, that's a bummer on the friends/no friends there.  I'd seen you say that before a few times.  Hard, or it was for me, to be much of a friend during acute W/D, and then it all just got easier when I was able to stay open, and try new things and people, as well as when I stay diligent with my alternative practices.  I just want to encourage you to enjoy the NOW a bit and the journey you have chosen.  What happened to worsen your disability so you could not volunteer anymore?   Anyway.......enough on the questions, eh? 

Best Frogie.

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi Frogie,

How are you?  Akathisia in the knees, huh?  Do they move against your will or do they simply feel strange?  I'm sorry, I would read your thread, but 62 pages would be impossible for me to read.  I have some limitations because of dyskinesia/dystonia.  It's better sometimes and worse other times, but reading aggravates it.  Sometimes I take the chance.  Do you mind if I let you tell me a summary or you could direct me to one you told to someone else?  I see that right now nausea is the only thing that's of much bother to you and when you take meds for it you get aka in your knees.  I hope your taper has been easy.

You asked me what my aka was like.  This is probably more than you expected, but these are my thoughts about it:

My Akathisia was everywhere, I think, but most troubling was the aka in my mind.  My body didn't move without my permission, and I didn't "shake a leg" or pace.  I had control of my body.  I'm not able to describe it to some one who hasn't experienced, but the word vibration is sort of, kind of, maybe, but not really a description.  Electric is another word that doesn't quite fit.

That feeling of out of this world, nightmarish, torturous emotional misery from the Akathisia has disappeared now.  I was almost suicidal.  Maybe sometimes I was suicidal.  If I still have a slight degree of Akathisia it's something I can live with now.  So, I consider it gone.  However, I do have anxiety, and it can get pretty intense; I still have discomfort in my muscles, and I often feel that I have done physical activity all day when that's not at all true.  However, I don't get that yummy feeling of having done such activity.  I just feel tired and overwhelmed. 

Now, I wonder whether there is a continuum of Akathisia -- from very intense, suicidal aka down to slight aka that is hard to distinguish from the possibility of two separate WD symptoms converging: anxiety plus muscle tension/exhaustion.  The reason I wonder is there is a feeling in my arms and legs that comes on when I'm in a wave that is odd.  It defies description, too, but it's a bit like I over used the muscle, and instead of a "good tired" it's a "bad tired" feeling coupled with tight muscles and fatigue.  I get this in my arms less frequently, but in my legs a lot.  My joints ache, too, especially my knees and elbows.  

Then, I have dystonia, tingling and numbness on the right side of my body.  In addition to the more intense dystonia, I'm not sure if I have slight dystonia in my forearms and legs and that causes the feeling of over-used muscles, or if I have Akathisia to a very slight degree in my forearms and legs which causes the over-used muscle feeling or the third option: dyskenisia/dystonia and Akathisia are linked somehow (cause-effect, -- one causes the other or both are caused by the same faulty signal from the brain, or both are caused by the same neurotransmitter malfunction?)

What I crave and miss so much is that "good tired" feeling of having taken a long hike and all the good hormones are coursing through the system making one feel tired and happy.  That never happens to me now that I have WD.  I wonder if it's been gone a long time -- long before I stopped taking the meds.  Is it because I can't exercise enough to get the good hormones pumping or because these good hormones aren't being released no matter how tired and overworked my muscles feel from a 20 minute walk?  The last time I jogged, I had unbearable cortisol anxiety.  So, now I walk only.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Rosetta

P.S. I perused your thread, and I see that you have had nausea 24/7 for years!!???!!!  I hope my first sentence above didn't upset you by the way I phrased my comments about nausea.  I'm sorry!  That's dreadful!

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

3 hours ago, Frogie said:

That's a decision only you can make about the meds. But I would back you at any choice you made. That's what friends do. At least you got out today and got dressed. I never got dressed today or left the house. Have a good time at church. Say a huge prayer for me. Take care, Frogie xx

Hey Frogie I said a prayer for both of us.  

48 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Your liver enzymes are all normal too?  That's weird........everyone out there has the same liver problem?  Yet you do or you don't have a problem?  Hard to follow.  

I was just thinking you should probably wait at least 5 mos. from your 50% inadvertent drop of Lexapro, to be on the safe side.........as you ARE on lower dosages now.  I'll respect your decision.  I did see you mention waiting until the end of the month to taper somewhere above..........so, I was surprised.   I don't know on the doctor really......most of the time they do not have any experience with tapers, other than what they have from the pharmaceutical companies.   He does sound good at reassuring you a bit and alleviating some of your worries.   And good on your therapist.  I surely hope it all works out as you guys have planned and is your healing then.  Wherever you go, that's where you are.  Great book, have you heard of it?  Helps with the mindful, here and now ness and general comfort wherever you might be.

Yes, that's a bummer on the friends/no friends there.  I'd seen you say that before a few times.  Hard, or it was for me, to be much of a friend during acute W/D, and then it all just got easier when I was able to stay open, and try new things and people, as well as when I stay diligent with my alternative practices.  I just want to encourage you to enjoy the NOW a bit and the journey you have chosen.  What happened to worsen your disability so you could not volunteer anymore?   Anyway.......enough on the questions, eh? 

Best Frogie.

mmt

My liver enzymes are fine, or they were in April at my physical. We don't understand it. My fiancé has it, his brother and other people. They found mine through an ultrasound then a CT. My dr thinks I'm of course tapering too slow, but I told him about this site (I don't know if he looked at it I told him to), and explained I wanted to taper 10% a month and why. He totally supported me. I about fell off my chair in his office. He said he would write the prescription as long as I needed it and wished me luck. I appreciate you respecting my decision to taper. I just decided that I was feeling fine after I figured out what caused my akasthisia, I would go ahead and taper. Usually I feel it the first day, and I haven't felt anything. I feel fine. So cross your fingers that I'm going to be ok. I did get some Dramamine just in case. We are supposed to get a big snow storm starting tomorrow and I didn't want to be sick and all the stores closed.

When I signed up to volunteer I was supposed to work in the office, filing things like that. They put me in the thrift store instead. I can't carry heavy things, hang clothes, lift, things like that. I have degenerated disk disease in my back and neuropathy in my hand and foot. I told them, but they said they needed people in the thrift store. I'm not going to be injured more just to volunteer.

Did I answer everything? If not ask again. I'll answer you.

Thanks for supporting me.

Take care,

Frogie xx

22 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

Hey Frogie I said a prayer for both of us.  

Thanks, I appreciate that.

31 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

Hi Frogie,

How are you?  Akathisia in the knees, huh?  Do they move against your will or do they simply feel strange?  I'm sorry, I would read your thread, but 62 pages would be impossible for me to read.  I have some limitations because of dyskinesia/dystonia.  It's better sometimes and worse other times, but reading aggravates it.  Sometimes I take the chance.  Do you mind if I let you tell me a summary or you could direct me to one you told to someone else?  I see that right now nausea is the only thing that's of much bother to you and when you take meds for it you get aka in your knees.  I hope your taper has been easy.

You asked me what my aka was like.  This is probably more than you expected, but these are my thoughts about it:

My Akathisia was everywhere, I think, but most troubling was the aka in my mind.  My body didn't move without my permission, and I didn't "shake a leg" or pace.  I had control of my body.  I'm not able to describe it to some one who hasn't experienced, but the word vibration is sort of, kind of, maybe, but not really a description.  Electric is another word that doesn't quite fit.

That feeling of out of this world, nightmarish, torturous emotional misery from the Akathisia has disappeared now.  I was almost suicidal.  Maybe sometimes I was suicidal.  If I still have a slight degree of Akathisia it's something I can live with now.  So, I consider it gone.  However, I do have anxiety, and it can get pretty intense; I still have discomfort in my muscles, and I often feel that I have done physical activity all day when that's not at all true.  However, I don't get that yummy feeling of having done such activity.  I just feel tired and overwhelmed. 

Now, I wonder whether there is a continuum of Akathisia -- from very intense, suicidal aka down to slight aka that is hard to distinguish from the possibility of two separate WD symptoms converging: anxiety plus muscle tension/exhaustion.  The reason I wonder is there is a feeling in my arms and legs that comes on when I'm in a wave that is odd.  It defies description, too, but it's a bit like I over used the muscle, and instead of a "good tired" it's a "bad tired" feeling coupled with tight muscles and fatigue.  I get this in my arms less frequently, but in my legs a lot.  My joints ache, too, especially my knees and elbows.  

Then, I have dystonia, tingling and numbness on the right side of my body.  In addition to the more intense dystonia, I'm not sure if I have slight dystonia in my forearms and legs and that causes the feeling of over-used muscles, or if I have Akathisia to a very slight degree in my forearms and legs which causes the over-used muscle feeling or the third option: dyskenisia/dystonia and Akathisia are linked somehow (cause-effect, -- one causes the other or both are caused by the same faulty signal from the brain, or both are caused by the same neurotransmitter malfunction?)

What I crave and miss so much is that "good tired" feeling of having taken a long hike and all the good hormones are coursing through the system making one feel tired and happy.  That never happens to me now that I have WD.  I wonder if it's been gone a long time -- long before I stopped taking the meds.  Is it because I can't exercise enough to get the good hormones pumping or because these good hormones aren't being released no matter how tired and overworked my muscles feel from a 20 minute walk?  The last time I jogged, I had unbearable cortisol anxiety.  So, now I walk only.

Rosetta

I need to read this carefully. Unfortunately, I have a headache and can't concentrate. I promise I will answer you when I can see what I'm writing. I'm going to the eye dr Monday. Hopefully they will be able to fix my glasses so I can see better, I have a problem with the tv even. I'm sure you understand. But look forward to answering you and getting information from you on this.

It was really nice to meet you and look forward to talking more.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hey Frogie,

See that you are approaching some darn low numbers.  Just wanted to say, "You go girl!"  I am rooting for you and do so hope it is a gentle taper indeed.

xoxo,

JS and Tigger

Cats rule, dogs drool!

26 years of Anti-depressants (probably 32, lost track, alone and/in combination Vyvanse 30mg Discontinued Feb. 22, 2013 Topamax  25-75mg Feb 23, 2013--Feb 2016 0.0 mg Discontinued  Lamotrigine 25-50mg Jan 15, 2016-Adverse Reaction Discontinued Feb 2, 2016 T3 25-50mcg Feb.11, 2016  Discontinued April 23, 2016

Escitalopram 20mg-omg fast taper Nov. 2015-Jan.7, 2016 Crash! Reinstated 20mg  Taper Jan 14, 2016  0.0mg Sept 2016 Reinstated Feb.21, 2017 Escitalopram  5mg Dosage Adjustments  Escitalopram to 2.5mg June 28-30; Increased to 3.75mg July 1-28, 2017    July 29-Aug 4 10mg, alternated between 5 and 10mg next couple days.  Aug 9, 7.25mg;  Aug 10-14 10mg; Aug 15-25 7.25mg, August 25-29, 10mg.   

Levofloxacin (January 2017 2 doses) (Adverse Reaction: Neurotoxcity; 3 daysE.R.$30k+tests)

Adderall 25mgXR (start April 23, 2013) (Nov.2016 20mg) (Dec.2016 15mg) (Feb. 5, 2016 10mg) (June 15, 2017) 5mg XR 

Crossover July 7 to Adderall I.M 5mg Discontinued  Reinstated Adderall 5mgXR  July 28th 

Minipress 1mg began July 20-23, 2mg July 24 last dose Discontinued  (Prescribed to assist with side-effects of updose of Escitalopram) WellbutrinXR 150 mg July 24, 2017 Discontinued;  Hydroxyline 25-200 mg daily, began July 20, Discontnued; (Prescribed for side-effects-sensitized; W/D)Gababentin 100mg August 28, 8/29: 00mg, 8/30/17 100mg discontinued (Prescribed for side-effects of sensitized, W//D)Zolipidem PRN (2.5mg.) Reinstated May 15, 2017 after18m+ discontinuation Between May and  Aug18-Aug 30, 2017 Discontinued

Aug. 30. 2017 Escitalopram 8.2mg, Sept. 6 Ecitalopram (7.25 tablet) September 28 Escitalopram   (7 mg tablet)   Omega 3's , October 1 Escitalopram (6.25...I think)  November 1, Escitalopram (approx. 5.75mg) December 1 (5mg)  Missed .75 for few days, lowered dose.  W/D ramped up Dec.23;  Escitalopram 4mg tab. .75ml liquid March 5.  Adderall XR 5mg, Synthroid 112mcg  March 23 Escitalopram 4mg tab .50ml liquid.April 23 Escotalopram 4mgtab .25ml liquid Escitalopram dropping .25 every 30 days; July 23, 2018 Escitalopram 3.50mg, Adderall XR 5mg, Synthroid 112mcg 

July 2021:  Took last dose of Escitalopram .02mg.  Do dah!

Current:   Synthroid/Generic 100mcg decreased November, 2018  (TSH has changed 5 times since August 30, 2018 resulting in both Hyper and hypothyroid symptoms.)  November 1, 2018, increased Adderall XR to 10mg to combat brain fog after decrease in Synthroid.

31 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I need to read this carefully. Unfortunately, I have a headache and can't concentrate. I promise I will answer you when I can see what I'm writing. I'm going to the eye dr Monday. Hopefully they will be able to fix my glasses so I can see better, I have a problem with the tv even. I'm sure you understand. But look forward to answering you and getting information from you on this.

Of course, Frogie, I do understand.  I hope you can get the vision issue sorted out.  I've had similar problems; I think they are WD related, but I have tried to fix my glasses.  Good luck

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

12 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Of course, Frogie, I do understand.  I hope you can get the vision issue sorted out.  I've had similar problems; I think they are WD related, but I have tried to fix my glasses.  Good luck

Thanks for understanding. I really appreciate it. I promise I will get back to you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

16 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Now, I wonder whether there is a continuum of Akathisia -- from very intense, suicidal aka down to slight aka that is hard to distinguish from the possibility of two separate WD symptoms converging: anxiety plus muscle tension/exhaustion. 

(Sorry to butt in on your thread froggie)

I wonder about where akathisia ends and other things begin. I guess because I haven't had suicide level aka for a month so my aka feels more like a long lasting, extreme and unprovoked version of healthy levels of restlessness. Rather than omg kill me now levels.

Anxiety and aka I think work as a team, and I have felt each individually too so can recognise when they are both saying hello together.

Current daily meds. Citalopram 2.5mg morning. Diazapam 1.5mg evening, Propanalol 40mg split 4x10mg throughout day.

Recent meds. Fluoxetine 20mg began 24th Nov 2017, CT on 4th December on medical advice due to bad Akathisia. Citalopram 10mg began on 13th Dec 2017, tapered to 2.5mg by 20th Dec 2017 on medical advice. Diazapam 2mg began on 6th Dec 2017 cut to 1.5 mg on 26th Dec. Propanalol 40mg began on 13th Dec. Zopiclone 3.75 mg began 13th December, used maybe 5 times then quit.

Previous history. Tricyclics, Fluoxetine or Citalopram for periods of 6mo to 2yrs over last 25 years. Probably 5 yrs in total. No significant ill effects.

5 minutes ago, kesh said:

Anxiety and aka I think work as a team, and I have felt each individually too so can recognise when they are both saying hello together.

Ah, how interesting, Kesh!

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

3 hours ago, Longestroadhome said:

I was meant to find the thread about the person I read with withdrawal nausea but I couldn’t find it. I didn’t forget you, just wanted to find the link. I guess when I stop looking I will find it!

I'm that person. I've had nausea since I started tapering.

Good luck!

Take care,

Frogie xx

2 hours ago, Longestroadhome said:

No, it wasn’t you.... it was another thread! Not a lexapro user

Oh ok, but I'm known as the nausea person on here lol...

I have had a bad couple of weeks. What could go wrong has gone wrong.

I've cried a lot. I don't know why. Maybe my taper. I had nausea a couple of days, but today my stomach almost feels like it's burning a little.

I have these brown mole looking bumps under my breasts and on my stomach. Have had them for a couple of weeks. They itch like no tomorrow. I have scratched a couple of them until they bleed. My fiancé kept telling me to go to the dr and I wouldn't because I didn't want him to tell me it's cancer. Now how I would get cancer there, I have no idea, but Health Anxiety does that to you. I just had a mammogram in November and was fine. So, I finally gave in and went yesterday. The dr gave it some long name, I can't remember or pronounce it, but it's not cancer. So he prescribed some cream and wants me to tape flannel or a piece of cotton tshirt there to keep it dry. He said I should be ok in a week or so.  I'm embarrassed to even be talking about it. 

My TSH level has been high for a year or so. But the rest of my thyroid numbers are fine. So we've been watching it. I had my blood drawn yesterday, but won't know until Monday. I've been reading articles about how Lexapro can mess with your TSH level. The dr mentioned meds yesterday, and I had to remind him that we are watching my TSH because of the Lexapro. I don't want to go on thyroid meds. I did once for 2 days and it made me really sick. Any idea on anything natural if I do have to do something?

Then I was supposed to get my eyes checked Monday. Well, we had a blizzard Sunday and Monday. It shut down the highway and a bunch of businesses. We couldn't even get our four wheel drive out because of the drifts. I've been staying off of here because reading my iPad is giving me headaches and the tv is blurry. My glasses aren't right. I see trapazoids. You aren't supposed to see trapazoids wearing glasses. That's what I get for going to one of those places where you get your eyes checked and glasses in an hour. So I'm scheduled for this coming Monday, and will have it done right. But spend about 5 times as much. But I'll be able to see. And get to talk again. Does anyone know about bifocals? Or progressive lenses? Any information would be greatly appreciated!  I was really glad to see snow though. It's winter, not supposed to be in the 60's and 70's. We are supposed to have snow!

I've been having a lot of anxiety. It's all caused by all of this. But I'll be ok. I'm managing. I haven't seen my therapist since before Thanksgiving, I think I need to go talk to her.

So there is my update. I'm not ignoring anyone. Just going through a bad phase right now. Brownie is doing good. Eating like a little horse. I'm glad. I need to weigh her to see if she's gained any weight.

And to top things off, I just found one of my granddaughters Christmas presents on the shelf in my closet. Guess she will get it for Valentine's Day lol...

Thanks for listening to me complain, and hopefully someone out there can give me tips on my TSH, the bifocals and progressive lenses on my glasses.

Love and miss you all.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Welcome back Frogie!

Sorry that you've had a hellish time the last 2 weeks, I've had a bad time of it as well, so completely "get it".

At least the mole things were nothing to worry about....the body has all manner of ways of flagging up when it "ain't happy" :huh:

Things can only get better.

TC,

JC xxx

P.S At least Brownie has her appetite back!! 

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Just now, Junglechicken said:

Welcome back Frogie!

Sorry that you've had a hellish time the last 2 weeks, I've had a bad time of it as well, so completely "get it".

At least the mole things were nothing to worry about....the body has all manner of ways of flagging up when it "ain't happy" :huh:

Things can only get better.

TC,

JC xxx

Thanks JC:

I won't be on here much until I get my glasses, but wanted to let everyone to know I was still here.

Do you know anything about TSH?

Do you wear glasses? If you do, do you know anything about bifocals or progressive lenses?

I read your thread a little. I'm sorry you are going through all of this.

(((HUGS))) to you. You are so strong. I really admire you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PS. Good luck on the job interviews. No more "almost" crashes though lol...

1 minute ago, Frogie said:

Thanks JC:

I won't be on here much until I get my glasses, but wanted to let everyone to know I was still here.

Do you know anything about TSH?

Do you wear glasses? If you do, do you know anything about bifocals or progressive lenses?

I read your thread a little. I'm sorry you are going through all of this.

(((HUGS))) to you. You are so strong. I really admire you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PS. Good luck on the job interviews. No more "almost" crashes though lol...

Thanks Frogie re: interview wishes! Yeah, the almost crashing thing was scary.

I don't know anything about TSH levels - can you google?  Doctors don't tell us very much do they?

I DO wear glasses, and have a mild astigmatism in both eyes which is genetic and age related; although it feels like its been getting worse - will have to get eyes re-tested next year (every 2 years).

You're strong too, and hugs right back!!!

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Hi Froggie,

Sorry to hear you're having a hell of a wave. I don't have bifocals, though I'm thinking I may have to get them soon. I wear reading glasses but am bad for leaving them on and walking around. That sends my Meniere's into a panic and I get dizzy. I've also been getting headaches from them, which is annoying because I got them only a couple of months ago. My husband has progressive lenses. He says the first few days/weeks can be a bugger, with your brain needing to learn or adjust to the focus between the two levels. The only complaint he had (my parents had them too, and same complaint) was that he has to tilt his head to get the proper lense. It isn't all the time, but occasionally the delineation is in a bad spot. 

My memory is a sieve.  What I can remember:

2006- Effexor started at 75mg upped to 300mg

somewhere after 2008- Switched to Cipralex started at 5mg upped to 20mg

2017- added Wellbutrin 150mg to Cipralex 20mg

occasional use of Ativan 0.5mg sublingual, usually given 7-10 tabs  -- (last used Nov 2017 ... previous? my mom's death probably? 2013)

Cold turkey Nov 13, 2017 (used Ativan once a day when it was unbearable until Rx finished)

24 Jan. 2018 - Reinstated Cipralex 5mg

31 Jan. 2018 - started Cetirizine Hydrochloride for severe allergies due to tattoo --- stopped 24 Feb. 2018

26 Feb. 2018 - Coversyl 4mg

Currently: 5mg Cipralex , 16mg Serc (for Meniere's), 4mg Coversyl (high blood pressure)

Supplements: 300mg Magnesium

4 minutes ago, JustCallMeJane said:

Hi Froggie,

Sorry to hear you're having a hell of a wave. I don't have bifocals, though I'm thinking I may have to get them soon. I wear reading glasses but am bad for leaving them on and walking around. That sends my Meniere's into a panic and I get dizzy. I've also been getting headaches from them, which is annoying because I got them only a couple of months ago. My husband has progressive lenses. He says the first few days/weeks can be a bugger, with your brain needing to learn or adjust to the focus between the two levels. The only complaint he had (my parents had them too, and same complaint) was that he has to tilt his head to get the proper lense. It isn't all the time, but occasionally the delineation is in a bad spot. 

Thank you JustCallMeJane:

I really appreciate the information you gave me. I don't know what to do. Lots of questions for the eye dr, which I'm sure she won't appreciate.  But when you spend that much money, you want it right. I tried my fiancés glasses on, and of course his prescription isn't right, but I wanted to get an idea of the bifocals. His line is right in the middle of his eyes. I couldn't do that. He said it's really hard to use them. They sit on the office desk. I have an astigmatism (so the dr I went to said), but who knows. I went back twice because my glasses weren't right and ended up with 4 prescriptions! Two for reading (which I can't use because they are blurry and I see trapazoids), and 2 for driving and they are blurry. I'm so confused. I'm getting headaches too.

Thanks for caring. I don't think I've ever been in a wave. Not like this. It's awful. 

Nice to to meet you. Hope we can talk again. After I get my glasses and don't have headaches. But I do check in here and there.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

so sorry you have been having such a nasty wave, it’s horrible isn’t it. At least you have your snow to comfort you. 

Britain is still in the grip of four different flu viruses, the country is facing unprecedented demand on Doctors and hospitals. I think I’ve had two of them now and still struggling with a bad wave joining in again today. I long for spring and summer when flu is an ancient memory. 

‘’I wear varifocal glasses, is that what you call progressive?  I’ve worn them for about 10 years and have astigmatism in both eyes. I have absolutely no problem with them.  I would say you have to pay for good lenses and that the lenses are large enough so that you have a decent area for long/short sight. 

If you want any more info just shout   Hope you feel better very soon. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

3 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

so sorry you have been having such a nasty wave, it’s horrible isn’t it. At least you have your snow to comfort you. 

Britain is still in the grip of four different flu viruses, the country is facing unprecedented demand on Doctors and hospitals. I think I’ve had two of them now and still struggling with a bad wave joining in again today. I long for spring and summer when flu is an ancient memory. 

‘’I wear varifocal glasses, is that what you call progressive?  I’ve worn them for about 10 years and have astigmatism in both eyes. I have absolutely no problem with them.  I would say you have to pay for good lenses and that the lenses are large enough so that you have a decent area for long/short sight. 

If you want any more info just shout   Hope you feel better very soon. 

Thanks Scorpio:

I'll check out the varifocal lenses. It might be what we call progressive. I learned a lesson in glasses. You get what you pay for. I'll never go to one of those places again that you have your eyes checked and get your glasses in an hour. The er at that place told me I have astigmatism in both my eyes and I have to get used to seeing trapazoids. Nope, don't think so.

I'm sorry you still have the flu and in a wave. I was at the dr yesterday, and 2 people had been verified with influenza b while I was there. I thought great, I hope they stayed away from me. There was a lady just hacking away in the waiting room. I hope she wasn't one of them.

You take care and feel better soon.

Frogie xx

2 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

Thanks Frogie re: interview wishes! Yeah, the almost crashing thing was scary.

I don't know anything about TSH levels - can you google?  Doctors don't tell us very much do they?

I DO wear glasses, and have a mild astigmatism in both eyes which is genetic and age related; although it feels like its been getting worse - will have to get eyes re-tested next year (every 2 years).

You're strong too, and hugs right back!!!

TC,

JC xxx

I googled TSH, but couldn't find much. My dr just said, if it was still high we would have to talk about meds. I told him no, everything else with my thyroid was fine. And I read where Lexapro can mess with your TSH levels. I'll probably have a fight on my hands lol...

They said I have astigmatism in both my eyes, that's why I see trapazoids and I have to get used to it. They have no clue. I'll finally be able to see and not have headaches! I think it takes about 2 weeks for them to come in though.

Thanks for the information. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

On January 19, 2018 at 7:06 PM, Rosetta said:

Hi Frogie,

Rosetta

P.S. I perused your thread, and I see that you have had nausea 24/7 for years!!???!!!  I hope my first sentence above didn't upset you by the way I phrased my comments about nausea.  I'm sorry!  That's dreadful!

I haven't forgotten you. I just can't stay on long enough to read and answer you politely and correctly.

But I promise I will. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Fingers crossed they didn’t infect you. 

As you are seeing a good optician he will advise you on the lenses and benefits of varifocals. They make life very easy as you can drive, read, walk, without switching to different pairs. 

‘’Thanks for the well wishes frogie and you also I wish much better soon. Once you get your glasses sorted, and those annoying lumps/bumps dried out life will get better. Good to hear brownie is doing well. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

2 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Fingers crossed they didn’t infect you. 

As you are seeing a good optician he will advise you on the lenses and benefits of varifocals. They make life very easy as you can drive, read, walk, without switching to different pairs. 

‘’Thanks for the well wishes frogie and you also I wish much better soon. Once you get your glasses sorted, and those annoying lumps/bumps dried out life will get better. Good to hear brownie is doing well. 

I hope I didn't get infected, that's all I need. My sister in law was diagnosed with influenza b. We told her we hoped she felt better but weren't going near her.

Thats what I want. One pair of glasses that I can read, walk, drive and everything else I need in a pair of glasses.

I don't know what those bumps are, but glad it's not cancer. When you have Health Anxiety that's all you think about.

Get well soon.

Take care,

Frogie xx

It's okay, Frogie.  Don't worry about it.  Take care of yourself first.  I hope you have a good day. --Rosetta

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

23 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

It's okay, Frogie.  Don't worry about it.  Take care of yourself first.  I hope you have a good day. --Rosetta

Thanks for understanding. 

Take care,

Frogie xx