Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

1 minute ago, Littlegrandma said:

You have the most friends on this forum. You win. Lol

so, you already started the new med? No side effects? 

I had a decent afternoon yesterday. Went to lunch with Paul. Ate like a pig. Took a walk by the river. Ran a bunch of errands. Went to the cemetery, after dark, ooooh, to see my dad and pauls parents. Coincidentally, they’re neighbors. 

We were driving home, went through town and I mentioned how crowded the restaurants and bars were at such a late hour. Paul said it’s only 6:30. It felt like midnight to me. We’d been running around since morning. 

Anyway, I think it was too much. Not feeling so good today. Nausea and tinnitus. Anxiety better now but I was crawling out of my skin this morning. 

I am am going to take your suggestion and hold awhile. Then do a version of the brassmonkey slide. But I’m going to do 2% instead of 2 1/2. 

Forgot about the pro bowl. They used to play the week after the super bowl.  

xx lg

I don't have the most friends. I have the best caring friends.

That's great you got out yesterday. So did I. I went to Ace Hardware with my fiancé. How exciting is that! I'll be sooooo glad to have actual stores.

I wanted to crawl out of my skin this morning too, but it's gone now. I'm sorry you are nauseous and have the tinnitus. 

That's good that you are going to hold a while. I think you went too fast. I've done that and paid for it dearly. I now wait 30 days before I taper. I saw you were talking to Shep. Are you going to hold on your Lexaoro and taper your Ativan? I'm doing the opposite, Lexapro then Xanax.

I hope that my high TSH is just from tapering. At least everything else is ok with my thyroid. I'm just upset about it. I've cried a lot. But like my fiancé said his mom has been on meds over 20+ years and in her 80's, and has a lot more energy. But pray for me that it's only a taper thing and it will go back down to normal. I was so hoping after getting off the Lexapro and Xanax I would never have to take another med again. I hope all my other thyroid number stay within normal limits. I'm not having any side effects with the thyroid med, but I'm on the lowest dose right now. I'm sure I will gave to go up. It's just a pain. You can't have caffeine or anything to eat for 30 minutes after you take it.

Yeah the Pro Bowl used to be after the Super Bowl, but now it's before. So the teams that are in the Super Bowl won't play. And it used to be in Hawaii, now it's in Florida. Getting cheap I guess lol...

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

I went to ace hardware too. Sat in the truck tho. I know people that work there and wasn’t feeling social. 

I didn’t  think I was tapering too fast. I only went down 8% in a month. Apparently it was too fast for me though. So I am holding for awhile and going much slower. 

Shep suggests lex first, then the Ativan. That’s what I’ll do. Today, I need the Ativan, for sure, but lately it has made me lethargic. Her and bubble have both told me that in the past, but it just makes me feel so blah. I’d really like to drop the lunesta. I hate that drug. I wish I would have known more about it before I got addicted to it. I was so desperate to sleep. That was before lex and Ativan. I’ve got myself into a fine mess. 2 1/2 yrs ago, I took nothing. 

Im typing with my left eye closed, so I’m going to stop for awhile. Check in with you later. Enjoy the game.     Lg

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

Hi Frogie, just popping in to say hi... HI!   I can't handle reading a lot these days, so I'm not keeping up with all the ins and outs of what's going on in people's threads.

I have issues with glasses as well. In fact, I ended up having laser surgery due to the fact that my lenses could never be made properly. If they were off even by a micromillimeter I'd have blurry vision, dizziness and nausea. Ten years later, I'm in reading glasses and find the same issues. There are days the headaches are so bad from my glasses I just want to stay in bed.

Hope the eye doctor can help you out. Hugs :wub:

My memory is a sieve.  What I can remember:

2006- Effexor started at 75mg upped to 300mg

somewhere after 2008- Switched to Cipralex started at 5mg upped to 20mg

2017- added Wellbutrin 150mg to Cipralex 20mg

occasional use of Ativan 0.5mg sublingual, usually given 7-10 tabs  -- (last used Nov 2017 ... previous? my mom's death probably? 2013)

Cold turkey Nov 13, 2017 (used Ativan once a day when it was unbearable until Rx finished)

24 Jan. 2018 - Reinstated Cipralex 5mg

31 Jan. 2018 - started Cetirizine Hydrochloride for severe allergies due to tattoo --- stopped 24 Feb. 2018

26 Feb. 2018 - Coversyl 4mg

Currently: 5mg Cipralex , 16mg Serc (for Meniere's), 4mg Coversyl (high blood pressure)

Supplements: 300mg Magnesium

3 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

I went to ace hardware too. Sat in the truck tho. I know people that work there and wasn’t feeling social. 

I didn’t  think I was tapering too fast. I only went down 8% in a month. Apparently it was too fast for me though. So I am holding for awhile and going much slower. 

Shep suggests lex first, then the Ativan. That’s what I’ll do. Today, I need the Ativan, for sure, but lately it has made me lethargic. Her and bubble have both told me that in the past, but it just makes me feel so blah. I’d really like to drop the lunesta. I hate that drug. I wish I would have known more about it before I got addicted to it. I was so desperate to sleep. That was before lex and Ativan. I’ve got myself into a fine mess. 2 1/2 yrs ago, I took nothing. 

Im typing with my left eye closed, so I’m going to stop for awhile. Check in with you later. Enjoy the game.     Lg

I was told to taper my Lexapro 1st then Xanax too. But I had already started tapering Lexapro anyways.

I've seen people that tapered too fast at 5%. I think it's your body. I had to go up a few times because I was so nauseous after a taper.

I've been taking this stuff for 20 years! It was only supposed to get me through my divorce. I'm really tired of taking them. 

We are going through cookbooks right now. My fiancé is on 2 blood pressure meds now and the dr said he has to lose weight. But some of the recipes look pretty good.

I hope you feel better. Have fun watching the game, if you do.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

54 minutes ago, JustCallMeJane said:

Hi Frogie, just popping in to say hi... HI!   I can't handle reading a lot these days, so I'm not keeping up with all the ins and outs of what's going on in people's threads.

I have issues with glasses as well. In fact, I ended up having laser surgery due to the fact that my lenses could never be made properly. If they were off even by a micromillimeter I'd have blurry vision, dizziness and nausea. Ten years later, I'm in reading glasses and find the same issues. There are days the headaches are so bad from my glasses I just want to stay in bed.

Hope the eye doctor can help you out. Hugs :wub:

Thanks for popping in. It means a lot.

I hope I can get my eyes straightened out too. I never thought about being nauseous because of my sight. I always assumed it was because of tapering. I'm going to ask the eye dr tomorrow.

My insurance won't pay for lasik, so I have to get glasses. But that's ok as long as I can see!

Thanks for the hugs. They really help. I'm really weepy today for some reason.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, Frogie said:

Hi MMT:

I don't know how to copy and paste on my iPad, so I'm sorry. I'll do the best I can to answer you.

1.  You were talking about my eyes and headaches. I've been having them off and on since before I got my glasses. I just never mentioned it on here until it got to the point it was affecting me badly. When I went to get my drivers license renewed, I couldn't see the vision thing. They had to adjust it for me. They told me to go get glasses, I told them I had some. I explained what was going on, they couldn't believe it. That's what's going on. It just didn't happen. I don't like to argue either. I was just trying to explain what was going on. I don't always put everything on this forum.

2. I'm journaling about my thyroid among other things, so I know what to talk to the dr about. But like I said I don't share my journal to anyone except my therapist. I don't even share some of it with my fiancé. It's like my personal diary. I agree with my knees, I think that is WD and it might happen again. I don't know. But I know how to handle it and I may not like it but I'll deal with it. I've been having a lot of anxiety lately. I don't know why. But not a lot of nausea like I used too. It's not completely gone, but much better.

3. I felt VERY picked on. You were doing nothing but putting me down and telling me what, where, when, instead of helping me. The way you talked to me I felt like I was out of line for something I did or said.

4. Yes, I have a lot of mods that help me. I don't know what I would do without them. I was referring to the thyroid condition, nothing more. I made a comment that you and Karma were the only ones that had responded about my thyroid problem. I wasn't trying to get other mods to "feel sorry for me". I guess you didn't understand my comment.

5. I'm trying to accept everything that is happening, but sometimes it's really hard. So I will post like I did the other day. Just a couple of people answered me and I felt better. Sometimes I sit and cry because I don't know what else to do. You have to remember I have no friends to talk to where I live, they are all 2 1/2 hours away. I miss my granddaughter so much it's not funny. I used be 20 minutes away from her and could just go grab her after school for the weekend, that hasn't happened for almost 5 years now. I am missing out on her life so much. I do skype with my granddaughter but it's not the same. I miss my mother in law. We used to go to lunch and shopping at least once a week. I text and talk, but it's not the same as going to see them. I just want to go home. I don't think you understand that part. You think about not having friends, no family, you have nothing. No stores except a couple, no good grocery store. Things like that. And wouldn't you want to go back to civilization?

I really think I'm doing pretty good for going without a lot of things. I'm tapering and doing pretty well by myself with that. My fiancé does the best he can to help me. But he has a full time job and trying to fix things around here so we can move back home. He's ready to go home too. But it costs money to move. And everything that has been going on, we have to do things a little at a time.

As you call my dr, a county bumpkin. He is a very good dr. He has been in practice over 40 years. He is very caring and allowing me to taper the way I want too. You don't find many Drs like that. I guess I got lucky there. And he's working with me on this thyroid thing. 

I dont know what else to say. Please write me back. I don't want to argue and I'm not going to. I need your perspective on things. It means a lot.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Sorry you felt that way Frogie.  VERY picked on.  My reference to your doctor as a "country bumpkin" meant no disrespect at all to him, or your current relationship to him.......nor to his expertise.  I don't agree again........in that I was "telling" you what to do instead of "helping you".  I won't argue your "feelings".  Unlikely that you need my perspective on things.   I'll have another look another day at my responses...... and am hopeful that I WAS able to frame things, as to my experiences, and personal knowledge gained from them.  I expect the "journaling" that I emphasized a few times may have been too much.  I do hope it proves helpful to you in your continued journey.

Best,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

26 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Sorry you felt that way Frogie.  VERY picked on.  My reference to your doctor as a "country bumpkin" meant no disrespect at all to him, or your current relationship to him.......nor to his expertise.  I don't agree again........in that I was "telling" you what to do instead of "helping you".  I won't argue your "feelings".  Unlikely that you need my perspective on things.   I'll have another look another day at my responses...... and am hopeful that I WAS able to frame things, as to my experiences, and personal knowledge gained from them.  I expect the "journaling" that I emphasized a few times may have been too much.  I do hope it proves helpful to you in your continued journey.

Best,

mmt

Can we just get along and start over? I really do appreciate your input on things. I don't like arguing at all. I'm sitting here crying right now because you are not going to help me anymore. 

We used to laugh and ask about each other's weather since we live so close to each other.

Maybe I was just having a bad day and not realizing it. I took everything to heart. And maybe you were having a bad day and didn't realize it. It happens.

Thanks...

Take care,

Frogie xx

4 hours ago, Frogie said:

Thanks for the hugs. They really help. I'm really weepy today for some reason.

I know the feeling. I'm always willing to give hugs. HUGS my dear Frogie. :wub:

occasional use of Ativan 0.5mg sublingual, usually given 7-10 tabs  -- (last used Nov 2017 ... previous? my mom's death probably? 2013)

Cold turkey Nov 13, 2017 (used Ativan once a day when it was unbearable until Rx finished)

31 Jan. 2018 - started Cetirizine Hydrochloride for severe allergies due to tattoo --- stopped 24 Feb. 2018

Currently: 5mg Cipralex , 16mg Serc (for Meniere's), 4mg Coversyl (high blood pressure)

Just now, JustCallMeJane said:

I know the feeling. I'm always willing to give hugs. HUGS my dear Frogie. :wub:

Thanks hugs back to you.  🤗🤗

Wish me luck...

Go to the eye dr today.

Hopefully I will be able to see again!

Won't get my glasses for a couple of weeks but I can wait just to be able to see correctly again.

Take care,

Frogie xx

🤞🏻Let us know how it goes. Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

🤞🏻Let us know how it goes. Lg

I will. Thanks for the support.

Hope you are feeling well today.

Take care,

Frogie xx

36 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Wish me luck...

Go to the eye dr today.

Hopefully I will be able to see again!

Won't get my glasses for a couple of weeks but I can wait just to be able to see correctly again.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Good luck, hun :wub:

Just now, JustCallMeJane said:

Good luck, hun :wub:

Thanks!

Hugs...

Take care,

Frogie xx

hope all goes well at the Dr. and you can see again.

I'm so thankful to have my sight back again even if I'm still dealing w/ this other cr@p.

wishing you well.

ds  xx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

5 minutes ago, direstraits said:

hope all goes well at the Dr. and you can see again.

I'm so thankful to have my sight back again even if I'm still dealing w/ this other cr@p.

wishing you well.

ds  xx

I appreciate that DS!

I'm glad you can see again.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Went to the eye dr. I have no diseases and my eyes are very healthy.

But, I needed bifocals. I explained what happened. Went to a place got my glasses, they weren't right went back, they gave me new ones. Anyways, I ended up with 4 prescriptions, and not one of them was right!

The dr showed me what my prescription was that they gave me on the machine, and my new one. I can see with the new one! Not blurry or no more trapazoids.

Have to wait a week or so, but that's ok.

Glad it's over. Had anxiety bad this morning, thinking something was wrong with my eyes. What a relief.

Thanks everyone for thinking about me. I really appreciate it.

Take care,

Frogie xx

So glad all is good with your eyes, aside from the bifocals. :wub:

11 minutes ago, JustCallMeJane said:

So glad all is good with your eyes, aside from the bifocals. :wub:

Thanks. I figured at my age it was coming.😎

On January 19, 2018 at 7:06 PM, Rosetta said:

Hi Frogie,

How are you?  Akathisia in the knees, huh?  Do they move against your will or do they simply feel strange?  I'm sorry, I would read your thread, but 62 pages would be impossible for me to read.  I have some limitations because of dyskinesia/dystonia.  It's better sometimes and worse other times, but reading aggravates it.  Sometimes I take the chance.  Do you mind if I let you tell me a summary or you could direct me to one you told to someone else?  I see that right now nausea is the only thing that's of much bother to you and when you take meds for it you get aka in your knees.  I hope your taper has been easy.

You asked me what my aka was like.  This is probably more than you expected, but these are my thoughts about it:

My Akathisia was everywhere, I think, but most troubling was the aka in my mind.  My body didn't move without my permission, and I didn't "shake a leg" or pace.  I had control of my body.  I'm not able to describe it to some one who hasn't experienced, but the word vibration is sort of, kind of, maybe, but not really a description.  Electric is another word that doesn't quite fit.

That feeling of out of this world, nightmarish, torturous emotional misery from the Akathisia has disappeared now.  I was almost suicidal.  Maybe sometimes I was suicidal.  If I still have a slight degree of Akathisia it's something I can live with now.  So, I consider it gone.  However, I do have anxiety, and it can get pretty intense; I still have discomfort in my muscles, and I often feel that I have done physical activity all day when that's not at all true.  However, I don't get that yummy feeling of having done such activity.  I just feel tired and overwhelmed. 

Now, I wonder whether there is a continuum of Akathisia -- from very intense, suicidal aka down to slight aka that is hard to distinguish from the possibility of two separate WD symptoms converging: anxiety plus muscle tension/exhaustion.  The reason I wonder is there is a feeling in my arms and legs that comes on when I'm in a wave that is odd.  It defies description, too, but it's a bit like I over used the muscle, and instead of a "good tired" it's a "bad tired" feeling coupled with tight muscles and fatigue.  I get this in my arms less frequently, but in my legs a lot.  My joints ache, too, especially my knees and elbows.  

Then, I have dystonia, tingling and numbness on the right side of my body.  In addition to the more intense dystonia, I'm not sure if I have slight dystonia in my forearms and legs and that causes the feeling of over-used muscles, or if I have Akathisia to a very slight degree in my forearms and legs which causes the over-used muscle feeling or the third option: dyskenisia/dystonia and Akathisia are linked somehow (cause-effect, -- one causes the other or both are caused by the same faulty signal from the brain, or both are caused by the same neurotransmitter malfunction?)

What I crave and miss so much is that "good tired" feeling of having taken a long hike and all the good hormones are coursing through the system making one feel tired and happy.  That never happens to me now that I have WD.  I wonder if it's been gone a long time -- long before I stopped taking the meds.  Is it because I can't exercise enough to get the good hormones pumping or because these good hormones aren't being released no matter how tired and overworked my muscles feel from a 20 minute walk?  The last time I jogged, I had unbearable cortisol anxiety.  So, now I walk only.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Rosetta

P.S. I perused your thread, and I see that you have had nausea 24/7 for years!!???!!!  I hope my first sentence above didn't upset you by the way I phrased my comments about nausea.  I'm sorry!  That's dreadful!

Hi Rosetta:

I'm going to try to answer you the best I can. If my head starts to hurt, I'll let you know. I'll stop and continue another day. I have to wait about a week for my glasses to come in.

My akasthisia is in my knees. It is the weirdest feeling. It doesn't feel like I need to pace or move my legs (kick or stretch, things like that). It feels like worms or bugs are crawling inside my knees and I need to dig my knees off to get rid of them.

I crave that good tired feeling too. You are so lucky to be off your meds. You can see my signature, I'm working on my Lexapro, down to 2.25mg  😊, but I still have Xanax to go. I wish I could get off of both of them now, but I've made so many mistakes, that I'm not hurting my tapering anymore.

Back to the good tired feeling. I need to exercise, but I'm just lazy. I don't know what else to say. I have a Pilates machine and a stationary bike that I sit in my chair with my 16 year old chihuahua and stare at. I think that 10 minutes wouldn't hurt, but it doesn't happen. Do you exercise?

I'm sorry you have dyskinesia/dystonia. I'm not sure I know what that is? Maybe you can explain that to me?

Back to the akasthisia. You can control it? I've never heard of that type, but how do you control it?

I put magnesium cream on my knees and then lay weights on them. They are the kind of weights that you can wrap around your ankles. It helps a lot! 

You didnt bother me at all about the nausea. I haven't had it for a while *knock on wood* quickly. I have a lot of anxiety. Especially in the morning or if I have to go somewhere that I'm not used too. Like yesterday. When I went to the eye dr, I was full of anxiety. But I just kept telling myself that this was a good thing, the people were nice and I would be done soon. I made it! I was proud of myself.

I have probably bored you and rambled enough.

I have 65 pages of a lot of nothing really. Read a page or two here and there if you want.

I hope we can continue to talk. You could really help me.

Thanks for being patient with me getting back to you. I answer little things, but try to stay off until I get my glasses.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I forgot to ask you, do you work? I don't. Long story, but I'm on disability living in a town of 600 people. No one will be friends unless you are from here. Very clickish. But my fiancé has had enough of his job here (that's why we moved here), so hopefully by the end of the year or beginning of next year we will be home!

Hi Frogie,

How are you?  Read this when you get your glasses.  No worries!

OoohOooh, about the bugs crawling inside a knee feeling.  I haven't had any sensation that is so very localized or specific in lending itself to a description that would make sense to an outsider.  Frogie, that sounds awful, but Akathisia is so hard to pin down that I would not be surprised if someone has described it that way before.  Mine was a full body and brain vibration like feeling (yet no actual vibration could be felt) or what some call internal restlessness.  The fact that you can make it better by putting weights on your knees is in line with the idea of weighted blankets for restless leg syndrome or Akathisia that requires pacing.  The Akathisia went away for the most part.  I never found a way to control it.  Sometimes, I feel it's coming back, but if so its nearly indistinguishable from anxiety or maybe it's very short lived.

I walk for exercise.  I jogged months ago, and it made anxiety much, much worse.  I don't think you should cycle at more than a gentle walking pace.  I try to lift weights and do yoga when I can.  Shiva Rea had a CD out years ago called Yoga Sanctuary, and I do only the Lunar Practice without the inversions.  Can you trick yourself into riding the bike while you watch a show and let yourself watch the show only if you are on the bike?  That worked for me at the gym.  Exercise should help with anxiety as long as you don't over do it.

Ah, yes, going anywhere out of the ordinary is very upsetting to me.  I had a tooth filled yesterday.  I got through it, too.  It was not fun!  I am feeling a little better now because there were no other cavities found.  Thankfully, the experience did not start a deep wave -- not yet.  I'm going to be extra vigilant about staying calm and avoiding stress right now.

I hope you continue to avoid nausea!  I'm so happy to hear it's gone.  That is great!

Peace,

Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

• Mentor
On 1/28/2018 at 12:49 PM, Frogie said:

I hope that my high TSH is just from tapering. At least everything else is ok with my thyroid. I'm just upset about it. I've cried a lot. But like my fiancé said his mom has been on meds over 20+ years and in her 80's, and has a lot more energy. But pray for me that it's only a taper thing and it will go back down to normal. I was so hoping after getting off the Lexapro and Xanax I would never have to take another med again. I hope all my other thyroid number stay within normal limits. I'm not having any side effects with the thyroid med, but I'm on the lowest dose right now. I'm sure I will gave to go up. It's just a pain. You can't have caffeine or anything to eat for 30 minutes after you take it.

oh sorry you ended up needing the thyroid med. I think you are very smart to take the natural one, so many ppl I know that are on the synthetic one are having trouble with it.

I know how disappointed you are  to be taking another pill, but maybe think of it this way: it's not a drug, really, it's more like a supplement.  Your body is not making enough thyroid hormone, so you need to supplement it.

Hopefully it's only temporary.

I was taking glycine when I wasn't eating much meat (there's a lot of glycine in meat, apparently- it's an amino acid) It helped relax me and I think my sleep was deeper when I took it.

when I started eating more fish, eggs and some meats, I didn't seem to need the glycine. Now I rarely take it, I sleep fine without it.

so hopefully the thyroid thing will be like that. Maybe it is related to tapering, and once you are off the meds, you won't need it any more.  But even if you do need it, try not to be too disappointed.  it's not something that's affecting your brain like these awful psyche meds, right?

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
1 hour ago, Happy2Heal said:

oh sorry you ended up needing the thyroid med. I think you are very smart to take the natural one, so many ppl I know that are on the synthetic one are having trouble with it.

I know how disappointed you are  to be taking another pill, but maybe think of it this way: it's not a drug, really, it's more like a supplement.  Your body is not making enough thyroid hormone, so you need to supplement it.

Hopefully it's only temporary.

I was taking glycine when I wasn't eating much meat (there's a lot of glycine in meat, apparently- it's an amino acid) It helped relax me and I think my sleep was deeper when I took it.

when I started eating more fish, eggs and some meats, I didn't seem to need the glycine. Now I rarely take it, I sleep fine without it.

so hopefully the thyroid thing will be like that. Maybe it is related to tapering, and once you are off the meds, you won't need it any more.  But even if you do need it, try not to be too disappointed.  it's not something that's affecting your brain like these awful psyche meds, right?

Hi!

That's what everyone is telling me. To think of it as a supplement, not like these poisons I'm on right now.

I've read that Lexapro can mess with your TSH. So I'm hoping that's what it is.

The dr started me on a low dose. I have to go back in a few weeks and get recheck. I'm sure he will up it then.

I'm glad you are doing so well. It's great to hear.

Happy early birthday!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie! 

Thank you for checking up on me I am hoping to write and update in the next coming days (no major changes though for me ) 

I just read your last post regarding thyroid medication .   It is unfortunate you have to take it but on the other hand it is not like these brain altering drugs and I agree with others where you can think of it as a supplement .  You know I am convinced lexapro messes up with pretty much everything .  I was a perfectly healthy individual no issues what so ever prior to lexapro and now my liver is not that great, my sodium levels are depleted and I am having sugar issues (hypoglycemia ) oh and anemia as well and lately vertigo.  This is on top of my other WD related symptoms .   I do believe our bodies will adjust eventually and make up for the deficiencies .  

Hope you are doing well otherwise and little brownie too 🐶

04/10 Luvox 25 mg PM, Nortriptyline 1 mg PM

03/08/19: Buspar 2.5 mg AM, 5 mg PM

01/01/19: Xanax 0.125 AM 5 times a week. Occasionally, 0.125 twice a day AM & noon

12/18 Armour Thyroid 60 mg (for hypothyroidism) 

Supplements: B Complex, B12 (adeno), multi-vitamin, D, Adrenal Cortex, iron

• Lexapro 20 mg 2007 - 2013 with various attempts to stop
  • 2013 found a new Dr and started trying other meds: Prozac, Notryptoline, Effexor, Buspar, Gabapentin, Paxil, Nardil
  • Lexapro 15 mg 2015 - 04/2016
  • Vibryiid 10 - 15mg 05/16-06/16 
  • NO MEDS 07/16 - 10/31/16
  • Reinstated 10/31/16 at 2.5 mg lexapro, increased to 5 mg   
  • 1/13/17 switched to Luvox 50 mg before bed
  • 1/20/17 Luvox 37.5 mg PM
  • 12/18 Luvox 10 mg PM, Nortriptyline 2 mg (started Nortriptyline 06/17 at 10 mg)

Please help! I don't ask for help very often, but it's really rough right now!

I'm having a HORRIBLE morning!

My knees feel creepy crawly again. I'm sitting here with the weights on them.

When I got up, my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest. I checked my blood pressure and it was low. 106/67. My oxygen level is 96-97. I'm fine.

What's wrong with me? I'm shaky and just jittery.

I'm a mess 🙁

I hope someone will answer me. 

Thanks,

Frogie xx

15 hours ago, Blondiee1915 said:

Hi Frogie! 

Thank you for checking up on me I am hoping to write and update in the next coming days (no major changes though for me ) 

I just read your last post regarding thyroid medication .   It is unfortunate you have to take it but on the other hand it is not like these brain altering drugs and I agree with others where you can think of it as a supplement .  You know I am convinced lexapro messes up with pretty much everything .  I was a perfectly healthy individual no issues what so ever prior to lexapro and now my liver is not that great, my sodium levels are depleted and I am having sugar issues (hypoglycemia ) oh and anemia as well and lately vertigo.  This is on top of my other WD related symptoms .   I do believe our bodies will adjust eventually and make up for the deficiencies .  

Hope you are doing well otherwise and little brownie too 🐶

Blondiee:

I will get back to you soon. Bad morning... :(

Take care,

Frogie xx

28 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Please help! I don't ask for help very often, but it's really rough right now!

I'm having a HORRIBLE morning!

My knees feel creepy crawly again. I'm sitting here with the weights on them.

When I got up, my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest. I checked my blood pressure and it was low. 106/67. My oxygen level is 96-97. I'm fine.

What's wrong with me? I'm shaky and just jittery.

I'm a mess 🙁

I hope someone will answer me. 

Thanks,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Frogie,

Nothing is wrong with you -- other than withdrawal.  I think I've told you on numerous occasions that your withdrawal has been pretty light so far.  What you describe is what many (probably most) of the people on this site go through on a daily basis.

If you panic about it that will create a series of "second fears" that make things worse and cause it to spiral.  Try to relax and realize that none of this will hurt you - it is just uncomfortable.

Please remind me (I don't have time to hunt) -- when was your last cut and how much was it?

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Just now, apace41 said:

Frogie,

Nothing is wrong with you -- other than withdrawal.  I think I've told you on numerous occasions that your withdrawal has been pretty light so far.  What you describe is what many (probably most) of the people on this site go through on a daily basis.

If you panic about it that will create a series of "second fears" that make things worse and cause it to spiral.  Try to relax and realize that none of this will hurt you - it is just uncomfortable.

Please remind me (I don't have time to hunt) -- when was your last cut and how much was it?

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy:

I just needed some reassurance that I'm ok. Could it be the thyroid medication? I've been on it a week today.

I made a 10% cut on January 19th.

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
7 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I just needed some reassurance that I'm ok. Could it be the thyroid medication? I've been on it a week today.

I made a 10% cut on January 19th.

It's always hard to know what is causing symptoms, Frogie, especially when there are several things going on at once.

Adding a new medicine can be a factor for sure and the body may also adapt to that over time.

With a 10% cut less than 2 weeks ago, it is quite likely, in my view, that this is a reaction to the cut.  

I would give it a couple of days to see if things level out a little bit.

You are okay, Frogie.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Hi Frogie 

sorry you’re having a bad morning. Hang in there. Hopefully it will pass soon. Like Andy said, it’s wd. 

Worrying about your new med could make it worse though. Try not to worry. Breath.        xxLg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Just now, apace41 said:

It's always hard to know what is causing symptoms, Frogie, especially when there are several things going on at once.

Adding a new medicine can be a factor for sure and the body may also adapt to that over time.

With a 10% cut less than 2 weeks ago, it is quite likely, in my view, that this is a reaction to the cut.  

I would give it a couple of days to see if things level out a little bit.

You are okay, Frogie.

Best,

Andy

Ok thanks Andy.

I just needed to know that I'm ok. 

Take care,

Frogie xx

Just now, Littlegrandma said:

Hi Frogie 

sorry you’re having a bad morning. Hang in there. Hopefully it will pass soon. Like Andy said, it’s wd. 

Worrying about your new med could make it worse though. Try not to worry. Breath.        xxLg

Thanks LG:

I'm usually pretty calm in the morning. 

It's horrific!

Thanks for your concern.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I know Frogie. It’s pretty tough to handle some days. Try to distract yourself. If you have another of those beautiful warm days, go for a short walk. 

I just ran to the store to get juice for the kids.  It’s flippin cold. 7 with windchills below 0. I’d take your springlike weather any day!!! And I’m over the snow. After the first of the year, I’m tired of it and look forward to tulips and daffodils. 

Hope me your day gets better. Cuddle with brownie and try to relax.     Hugs

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

• Mentor

Hi Frogie,

My apologies, I didn't realize I was posting to you on Moonpie's page.  I did see your answer and it sounds like Andy is onto something.  Take good care of yourself.

xo

RS

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

I know Frogie. It’s pretty tough to handle some days. Try to distract yourself. If you have another of those beautiful warm days, go for a short walk. 

I just ran to the store to get juice for the kids.  It’s flippin cold. 7 with windchills below 0. I’d take your springlike weather any day!!! And I’m over the snow. After the first of the year, I’m tired of it and look forward to tulips and daffodils. 

Hope me your day gets better. Cuddle with brownie and try to relax.     Hugs

Thanks. That is cold. We have had 1 good storm. They keep saying snow in the forecast, then take it away. It's winter, not 60 degree weather for me. 

For some reason, I have a lot of anxiety this morning. 

Thanks for the hugs.

Take care,

Frogie xx