Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

• Moderator Emeritus

So hard to know Frogie, on the nausea.  I did look up the Z-pack and yah.......you guessed it........nausea can be a side effect of it.  It also mentions the nausea, as secondary to a liver problem, in the side effect profile of Azithromycin(z-pack).

So.....perhaps the nauseau is due to the Z-pack.  What time of day are you taking the antibiotic?

And good job.  Sharing a bit of your journal.  I also think your plan is sound right now.  I wasn't reading any pity party post either.......seriously.  We can be our own worst critics at times......not often a good thing.........yet......I am sometimes the same.  Catch it and change it.......that's my motto........well, one of them.  I have many.  B)

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

40 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

So hard to know Frogie, on the nausea.  I did look up the Z-pack and yah.......you guessed it........nausea can be a side effect of it.  It also mentions the nausea, as secondary to a liver problem, in the side effect profile of Azithromycin(z-pack).

So.....perhaps the nauseau is due to the Z-pack.  What time of day are you taking the antibiotic?

And good job.  Sharing a bit of your journal.  I also think your plan is sound right now.  I wasn't reading any pity party post either.......seriously.  We can be our own worst critics at times......not often a good thing.........yet......I am sometimes the same.  Catch it and change it.......that's my motto........well, one of them.  I have many.  B)

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth,

mmt

Thanks for looking that up for me. But I hadn't even taken it this morning and was nauseous before I got out of bed? Maybe it's the build up in my system. Or could it be the Synthroid. But only been on it 2 days? I take the zpack 1st thing in the morning.

I have nausea every time I taper. I have a fatty liver, but I think everyone in the world does, they just don't know it. I take Milk Thistle.

I don't know if you can answer this or not, but I'm going to ask. When I was at the dr Saturday, he checked my blood pressure and asked me if my blood pressure ran low. I told him it was always in the 110's/60-70's. It was 90/70! Im kinda freaked out now. Does WD from Lexapro cause low blood pressure? I also take Xanax. Could it cause low blood pressure? I had an EKG almost a year ago and it was perfect. He listened to my heart, but didn't say anything, so it must have been ok. 

Thanks for the answers.

Hope you are doing well. 

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Andy -

If you have time, and feel up to it maybe you could look at my response to MMT and give me your opinion?

I would really appreciate it!

Hope you are feeling better. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

• Moderator Emeritus
16 minutes ago, Frogie said:

If you have time, and feel up to it maybe you could look at my response to MMT and give me your opinion?

I guess my reaction to this, Frogie, is that any one reading of blood pressure doesn't really get me too excited whether high or low (and this was only the systolic (upper number) pressure).  For it to be an issue, you would need to have it for a sustained period and, even then, only if it was causing you symptoms.  If he was concerned about it he'd have followed up and given you some instructions.  He would also have taken it several times rather than just once. 

And, if you did have lowered blood pressure, I would definitely think the changes in the drugs would be a likely cause.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

1 minute ago, apace41 said:

I guess my reaction to this, Frogie, is that any one reading of blood pressure doesn't really get me too excited whether high or low (and this was only the systolic (upper number) pressure).  For it to be an issue, you would need to have it for a sustained period and, even then, only if it was causing you symptoms.  If he was concerned about it he'd have followed up and given you some instructions.  He would also have taken it several times rather than just once. 

And, if you did have lowered blood pressure, I would definitely think the changes in the drugs would be a likely cause.

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy!

You know how I am with this stupid HA. You are right. If he was concerned he would have taken it more than once or done an EKG or something.

I appreciate you talking to me.

Keep paddling you will get there. You are doing better than me. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

I don't know what's wrong with me.

My fiancé and I had a long talk about if we should sell/rent our place here when we move. He said if he doesn't lose weight, he won't look for a job. That really hurt. It's not my fault he eats 2 plates of food and then chips, candy and ice cream sandwiches after dinner. 

I tried to explain to him that I've been sick since 2015 (really started full vengeance 2016) and I'm not the same as I used to be. I used to catch dust before it fell. Now it takes a huge effort to do laundry and load/unload the dishwasher. I can't cook fancy dinners like I used too. We will be together 10 years in August and I think this might be the 2nd "discussion" we've had.

I cried all night and I'm still crying. Everytime something doesn't go "his way", he tells me until this or that we aren't moving. He's really hurting me. He promised we were going home and now he's throwing it in my face because he knows it really hurts me and knows how to push my buttons. He's doing a great job.

I asked him this morning if he just wanted me to leave because I wasn't living out here 2-3 more years. He told me no. I don't know what to do.

I'm a wreck. And now I just aired my dirty laundry. But I have no one to talk to.

I'm sorry, just had to get it out. Right now I can't afford to even go to my therapist. 

Please forgive me for writing this. I just needed to get it all out. Maybe I will stop crying.

Frogie xx

Sending you supportive hugs Frogie.

Sounds like he is throwing his toys out the cot.

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

1 minute ago, Junglechicken said:

Sending you supportive hugs Frogie.

Sounds like he is throwing his toys out the cot.

TC,

JC xxx

Thanks JC.

He just wants to blame me for everything, not even in my control.

He is throwing a fit, but knows how to push my buttons to make me fall apart.

I appreciate the supportive hugs.

Take care,

Frogie xx

1 minute ago, Frogie said:

Thanks JC.

He just wants to blame me for everything, not even in my control.

He is throwing a fit, but knows how to push my buttons to make me fall apart.

I appreciate the supportive hugs.

Take care,

Frogie xx

You've got plenty of hugs from me.......am having a s**t time myself :(

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

You've got plenty of hugs from me.......am having a s**t time myself :(

I will give you hugs back. We can sit and cry together from across the world.

I haven't done this forever. :(

Take care,

Frogie xx

Just now, Frogie said:

I will give you hugs back. We can sit and cry together from across the world.

I haven't done this forever. :(

Take care,

Frogie xx

Yup, that's it. 

Am starting to live in a delusional world where I believe my father will come back after having gone away.

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Hi frogie

im so sorry you are going through a tough time.  Maybe he has been having a hard time at work and unfortunately you are in his firing line to get rid of some of his pent up emotions. 

‘’Like all of us when we lose it we lash out and that sounds what he is doing. 

Just give it a day or so and im sure you will both be ok,.

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

Yup, that's it. 

Am starting to live in a delusional world where I believe my father will come back after having gone away.

TC,

JC xxx

Unfortunately, he's not coming back. I never got to say goodbye to mine because of his wife.

It will take a while, but at least you have memories. Just grieve your way.

I'm thinking of you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

3 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

im so sorry you are going through a tough time.  Maybe he has been having a hard time at work and unfortunately you are in his firing line yo get rid if some of his pent up emotions. 

‘’Like all of us when we lose it we lash out and that sounds what he is doing. 

Just give it a day or so and im sure you will both be ok,.

Hi Scorpio:

He is having a hard time at work. He is the only electrician there. And there is a kid there that thinks he knows everything, which my fiances boss is letting the kid get away with it. This kid cost the company about $30,000 yesterday because he wouldn't listen to my fiancé, and the kid wasn't even reprimanded. My fiancé goes to work, bites his tongue and comes home.

But I can't take him taking things out on me and threatening me like he did.

He broke my broken heart.

Thanks for your support.

I hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

i know how hard it is for you and agree he shouldn’t take it out on you but from the sounds of it he has no-one else to vent with so it has just built up. He is in a very frustrating situation at work which must be very hard. I’m sure he will be full of remorse when he gets home. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

25 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

i know how hard it is for you and agree he shouldn’t take it out on you but from the sounds of it he has no-one else to vent with so it has just built up. He is in a very frustrating situation at work which must be very hard. I’m sure he will be full of remorse when he gets home. 

He's been home for a couple of minutes to drop something off. He didn't say sorry or anything.

He really is having a hard time at work, but he also broke my broken heart.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie 

Sorry you are going through this - I have just told my solicitor today how my husband has treated me at times so in now have my new house in my sole name.  Friday the house is mine but we are not moving for about 6 months.  I have felt very stressed moving my money around and have spent every spare minute on financial stuff - no visits to leisure centre or anything - doesnt it hurt from when the people closest to us hurt us.

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

Frogie 

sorry you’re feelings are hurt.

You know, we always lash out at the ones we love the most. They always forgive us. You’re finance is just venting. He’s obviously got a lot on his plate too. He doesn’t like seeing you in pain. 

I hope you can talk it out tonight and kiss and make up. 

Big hugs 

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

1 hour ago, Littlegrandma said:

Frogie 

sorry you’re feelings are hurt.

You know, we always lash out at the ones we love the most. They always forgive us. You’re finance is just venting. He’s obviously got a lot on his plate too. He doesn’t like seeing you in pain. 

I hope you can talk it out tonight and kiss and make up. 

Big hugs 

Hi LG:

I'm just tired of him being like this. He was never like this until we moved out here.

He knows how much I dislike being here, so he's always throwing it in my face.

He better apologize because like I said he has broken my broken heart.

Hope you are feeling better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

2 hours ago, joy2730 said:

Frogie 

Sorry you are going through this - I have just told my solicitor today how my husband has treated me at times so in now have my new house in my sole name.  Friday the house is mine but we are not moving for about 6 months.  I have felt very stressed moving my money around and have spent every spare minute on financial stuff - no visits to leisure centre or anything - doesnt it hurt from when the people closest to us hurt us.

Joy

When we bought this place it was my money that paid for over 1/2 of it. We financed the rest. Him and his brother didn't think my name didn't need to be on it. So he wouldn't have gotten this place and my name is on it.

He just knows how badly I want to go home. So he just throws it in my face all the time. I asked him today if he wanted me to leave, because I will. He said no. But I can't stop crying, and I've upset my stomach because of this.

It does hurt when the people closest to us hurt us.

I'm glad you got your house, how exciting! Is it the one you wanted?

Take care,

Frogie xx

Im sorry Frogie 

i hope you guys can talk it out tonight. I’ll be thinking of you. 

❤️

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

sorry you're having such a difficult time right now....hope you two can work it out together.

thinking of you.

big hugs,ds

xxx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

My fiancé came home and last night and acted like nothing happened. But that's what men do lol...

He did thank me for dinner, but never said he was sorry. I really don't think he understands that he hurt me by saying things. 

I hope he loses weight so he will be happier and so will I.

Thanks for all the support. 

Hope everyone is doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
6 minutes ago, Frogie said:

My fiancé came home and last night and acted like nothing happened. But that's what men do lol...

Frogie,

You put "lol" at the end so I guess that means you are ok with that, but "that's what men do" if you allow it and tell them, in essence, "that's ok."

I'm not going to lecture you on your relationship, but if he hurt you and you said something and he ignored it and you dropped it, you shouldn't expect any different behavior from him in the future.

It's your call as to what is important to you, but you were beside yourself yesterday and today you seem like it's no big deal.  That's not healthy for you.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

4 minutes ago, apace41 said:

Frogie,

You put "lol" at the end so I guess that means you are ok with that, but "that's what men do" if you allow it and tell them, in essence, "that's ok."

I'm not going to lecture you on your relationship, but if he hurt you and you said something and he ignored it and you dropped it, you shouldn't expect any different behavior from him in the future.

It's your call as to what is important to you, but you were beside yourself yesterday and today you seem like it's no big deal.  That's not healthy for you.

Best,

Andy

Hi Andy:

You are right. I put the lol behind it because women can do it too.

I'm still upset, but I can't dwell on it. I did cry all day yesterday because he really did hurt me. My stomach is still upset.

I talked to him a little last night and he doesn't want me to leave. But I also told him not to blame his weight on me. I'm not the one that eats chips and candy after dinner. And I told him to stop throwing going home in my face because he knows how it upsets me.

I bought him carrots, celery and salad to eat. I told him it was up to him. 

I was pretty cold to him this morning. I told him to have a good day, I loved him and went on taking my meds and taking care of Brownie.

I also told him again last night that I have been sick since 2015 (started with vengeance in 2016), like I said. I told him that I couldn't help it and he just has to go sit in the office if he can't handle it. 

I guess we shall see what happens. I hope he thought about it and he will be a little more caring. I know he's having a rough time at work, but not to take it out on me. He has always been a very caring person.

Thanks for caring Andy, it really means a lot.

I hope you are getting some well deserved sleep.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Andy:

Is it "normal" (as much as normal can be) to have a burning stomach after taking antibiotics (a zpack), which I finished yesterday? Or maybe it's because I'm still upset. My stomach isn't sick, like I said it's almost a churning burning feeling.

I didn't wake up once last night (sorry). I guess I was just worn out from all the crying and being upset. But I'm sooooo tired today, I could just sleep all day. 

Thanks for your help.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Frogie,

You know there's no way I can answer that question.  I'm not a doctor (even though I pretend on the Internet) and no doctor can tell you for sure if that's the cause of your stomach distress.

Either way, give it a couple of days to see if it settles down.  It could well be the meds or the stress.  That is the most likely reason.

Best,

Andy

4 minutes ago, apace41 said:

Frogie,

You know there's no way I can answer that question.  I'm not a doctor (even though I pretend on the Internet) and no doctor can tell you for sure if that's the cause of your stomach distress.

Either way, give it a couple of days to see if it settles down.  It could well be the meds or the stress.  That is the most likely reason.

Best,

Andy

I wish you were a dr, but you still give great advise.

I am thinking it's the meds and the stress. Your body does weird things under stress.

I started Synthroid the same time and had to cut it in 1/4's, and I'm slowly going up. But for some reason my body rejects thyroid meds everytime I try and take it.

At least I'm not nauseous. That's a good thing.

Thanks again...

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie,

Regarding upping the synthroid, how do you feel you have been doing on the 12.5?  I see you don't have any nausea, maybe try going up even less than 12.5 to maybe 18 total? And revaluate after a week.  I hope it works for you.  Note that when I started thyroid meds, it took a good 8 months or so to find the sweet spot.  I was tapering klonopin at the time and that may have had some negative impact ...

best wishes.

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Mirtazepine: Jumped off at 2.4 mg. (stable in 8 months).

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Supplements: Vit D, turmeric

Naturethroid: 65 mcg for hypothyroidism

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

Current psych meds: Trazodone 50 mg

14 minutes ago, Survivor1 said:

Hi Frogie,

Regarding upping the synthroid, how do you feel you have been doing on the 12.5?  I see you don't have any nausea, maybe try going up even less than 12.5 to maybe 18 total? And revaluate after a week.  I hope it works for you.  Note that when I started thyroid meds, it took a good 8 months or so to find the sweet spot.  I was tapering klonopin at the time and that may have had some negative impact ...

best wishes.

How do I get 18 out of a 50mcg pill? 

I read a couple articles that Lexapro can raise your TSH levels. 

My dr doesn't want to hear it because he's never heard of that he told me.

Thanks for your help.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

I would think if you cut the 1/4 into half (1/8) and take 1/4+1/8 of a pill, that should do it.  It may not be accurate, but should be adequate. 

Regarding lexapro and TSH, I do not know, but you would "simply" take more thyroid meds to counteract that.  For now, just concentrate on tolerating the thyroid med, and then look to finding what dosage is best for you.

Take care.

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

10 minutes ago, Survivor1 said:

Frogie,

I would think if you cut the 1/4 into half (1/8) and take 1/4+1/8 of a pill, that should do it.  It may not be accurate, but should be adequate. 

Regarding lexapro and TSH, I do not know, but you would "simply" take more thyroid meds to counteract that.  For now, just concentrate on tolerating the thyroid med, and then look to finding what dosage is best for you.

Take care.

Thanks, I will try to cut a 1/4. They are tiny lol...

I am going to talk to my dr about all of this. I printed out a bunch of information about subclinical hypothyroidism.

I really appreciate all your help.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I hope your dr is supportive.  When I had my initial reaction to the too-high thyroid med dosage, my dr said to keep taking it at that dosage and my body will adjust.  Well, I never did, I got hypnic jerks in return.  That dr gave me my first psych drug, gabapentin, to counter the jerks, but it did not work ... and here I am, still medicated with these psych drugs:(

PAST

CURRENT

6 minutes ago, Survivor1 said:

I hope your dr is supportive.  When I had my initial reaction to the too-high thyroid med dosage, my dr said to keep taking it at that dosage and my body will adjust.  Well, I never did, I got hypnic jerks in return.  That dr gave me my first psych drug, gabapentin, to counter the jerks, but it did not work ... and here I am, still medicated with these psych drugs:(

My dr is very supportive. This is the 1st time he said he needed to treat it seriously. The other 2 times were trial and error because my TSH was 4.1 and 5. But you are down to just 1 med and very close to being off. You are great! I'm still tapering Lexapro and then I have Xanax. :( I hope we can keep in contact. You are a great help to me. I can be a good friend and give you support.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I would love your help and support.  I could do with some support right now.  Had 0 sleep the last two nights, and am going a little crazy ... not sure whether I have an adverse reaction situation or whether I am just tapering too fast.. Anyway, am holding for now ...

PAST

CURRENT

18 minutes ago, Survivor1 said:

I would love your help and support.  I could do with some support right now.  Had 0 sleep the last two nights, and am going a little crazy ... not sure whether I have an adverse reaction situation or whether I am just tapering too fast.. Anyway, am holding for now ...

I can give you support. But hold, hold, hold and then hold somemore. I learned that. I was stupid and cut my Lexapro in 1/2 and then proceeded to keep tapering after I tapered 5 meds in a few months because of a stupid phychiatrist. I was a huge mess. A few mods here got me straightened out, but gave me that advise. I had to go up in dosage a couple of times. I wish I could tell you how to get sleep, unfortunately, I've never been on Trazadone so I don't know anything about it. The only thing I can say is rest when your body says to rest. 

Have you tried magnesium? Some people say it helps them.

I'm a great listener. I just had to tell you what I learned.

I hope you can lay on the couch and watch a movie and get a little rest. Better than nothing. 

Take care,

Frogie xx