Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

7 hours ago, Frogie said:

I have had a bad couple of weeks. What could go wrong has gone wrong.

I've cried a lot. I don't know why. Maybe my taper. I had nausea a couple of days, but today my stomach almost feels like it's burning a little.

I have these brown mole looking bumps under my breasts and on my stomach. Have had them for a couple of weeks. They itch like no tomorrow. I have scratched a couple of them until they bleed. My fiancé kept telling me to go to the dr and I wouldn't because I didn't want him to tell me it's cancer. Now how I would get cancer there, I have no idea, but Health Anxiety does that to you. I just had a mammogram in November and was fine. So, I finally gave in and went yesterday. The dr gave it some long name, I can't remember or pronounce it, but it's not cancer. So he prescribed some cream and wants me to tape flannel or a piece of cotton tshirt there to keep it dry. He said I should be ok in a week or so.  I'm embarrassed to even be talking about it. 

My TSH level has been high for a year or so. But the rest of my thyroid numbers are fine. So we've been watching it. I had my blood drawn yesterday, but won't know until Monday. I've been reading articles about how Lexapro can mess with your TSH level. The dr mentioned meds yesterday, and I had to remind him that we are watching my TSH because of the Lexapro. I don't want to go on thyroid meds. I did once for 2 days and it made me really sick. Any idea on anything natural if I do have to do something?

Then I was supposed to get my eyes checked Monday. Well, we had a blizzard Sunday and Monday. It shut down the highway and a bunch of businesses. We couldn't even get our four wheel drive out because of the drifts. I've been staying off of here because reading my iPad is giving me headaches and the tv is blurry. My glasses aren't right. I see trapazoids. You aren't supposed to see trapazoids wearing glasses. That's what I get for going to one of those places where you get your eyes checked and glasses in an hour. So I'm scheduled for this coming Monday, and will have it done right. But spend about 5 times as much. But I'll be able to see. And get to talk again. Does anyone know about bifocals? Or progressive lenses? Any information would be greatly appreciated!  I was really glad to see snow though. It's winter, not supposed to be in the 60's and 70's. We are supposed to have snow!

I've been having a lot of anxiety. It's all caused by all of this. But I'll be ok. I'm managing. I haven't seen my therapist since before Thanksgiving, I think I need to go talk to her.

So there is my update. I'm not ignoring anyone. Just going through a bad phase right now. Brownie is doing good. Eating like a little horse. I'm glad. I need to weigh her to see if she's gained any weight.

And to top things off, I just found one of my granddaughters Christmas presents on the shelf in my closet. Guess she will get it for Valentine's Day lol...

Thanks for listening to me complain, and hopefully someone out there can give me tips on my TSH, the bifocals and progressive lenses on my glasses.

Love and miss you all.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Oh my goodness. You’ve been through a lot. Hope you’re feeling better soon. 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

4 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

Oh my goodness. You’ve been through a lot. Hope you’re feeling better soon. 

Thanks D:

I really appreciate you caring. It means a lot.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Yes, I care. 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

1 minute ago, Downbutnotout said:

Yes, I care. 

Thanks, I care about you too.

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Well... The dr just called. I now have to be on thyroid medicine.

My TSH is 7.30 (normal is .04-4.0). He's putting me on a natural one and the lowest dose to start.

I'm in tears 😭😭😭

Frogie xx

Frogie,

Its very common, esp. in women.  Emotional stuff gets trapped in the throat area and manifests as thyroid issues.

Since your thyroid level had gone up, couldn't it also be reduced?

Did your GP explain it all to you?

TC,JC xxx

pS I need to get mine checked.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Just now, Junglechicken said:

Frogie,

Its very common, esp. in women.  Emotional stuff gets trapped in the throat area and manifests as thyroid issues.

Since your thyroid level had gone up, couldn't it also be reduced?

Did your GP explain it all to you?

TC,JC xxx

pS I need to get mine checked.

JC:

We have been monitoring all of my thyroid for over a year and the TSH is going up and up. I asked him why it's going up but my thyroid numbers were normal. He said the TSH comes from the pituitary gland and tells your thyroid what to do. He said the only way to reduce it at this point is through medication. But he put me on a natural one, and the lowest dose. He said that it might actually give me more energy and help with the WD. He is very caring. My mother in law has been on thyroid medication for 20+ years and she said it doesn't bother her at all.

I'm just so upset. I really thought when I was done with all these poisons, I wouldn't have to take any medications anymore. Boy was I a fool. 😥

Frogie xx

Having thyroid medication is so important.  I think you will find your overall health will improve.  If your thyroid is not working properly the rest of your body can't work properly.

Do you have an underscore thyroid Frogie?

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

4 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

Having thyroid medication is so important.  I think you will find your overall health will improve.  If your thyroid is not working properly the rest of your body can't work properly.

Do you have an underscore thyroid Frogie?

Joy

I have hypothyroidism. It's under active. Do you know people with this condition?

Thanks Joy. I hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Yes I do.  I am sitting next to one now and her grand daughter over the hedge has it as well and my own. Mother had a severe overactive thyroid when she was 60 and is now nearly 90.

I know loads of others too and they all do well on levothyroxine.  One client would have her blood tested for  4 years due to her dementia and the doc just guessed the dosage and she still did really well.

Feeling cols weight gain and feeling lethargic and depressed are the main symptoms.

You must not see levothyroxine as a bad drug - I think it is a really good drug.  It doesnt seem to cause anyone any problems.   You must be glad they found it and it will help your withdrawal because your body will be more stable.

I am fine but have so many things to report that I can't face sharing them.

Last week had to deal with a UTI that nearly turned into sepsis.  Antibiotics worked wonders in this case - really helped.   You have to have a balanced view of meds.

Take care Frogie and I am.so pleased they have found it.

Joy

4 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

Yes I do.  I am sitting next to one now and her grand daughter over the hedge has it as well and my own. Mother had a severe overactive thyroid when she was 60 and is now nearly 90.

I know loads of others too and they all do well on levothyroxine.  One client would have her blood tested for  4 years due to her dementia and the doc just guessed the dosage and she still did really well.

Feeling cols weight gain and feeling lethargic and depressed are the main symptoms.

You must not see levothyroxine as a bad drug - I think it is a really good drug.  It doesnt seem to cause anyone any problems.   You must be glad they found it and it will help your withdrawal because your body will be more stable.

I am fine but have so many things to report that I can't face sharing them.

Last week had to deal with a UTI that nearly turned into sepsis.  Antibiotics worked wonders in this case - really helped.   You have to have a balanced view of meds.

Take care Frogie and I am.so pleased they have found it.

Joy

Thanks Joy:

My dr put me on the lowest dosage of Armor. He said it was natural. I tried the Levothyroxine last year for 2 days and it made me so sick he took me off of it. That's when he just started monitoring it. But he said it's just getting higher and higher so we need to do something. My mother in law has been on meds for over 20 years. She's in her 80's and fine. I have Health Anxiety and all I can think about is cancer. I'm not cold, I have gained weight , but that's the lexapro. I don't have any symptoms. That's why I am so upset.

I'm glad you got rid of your UTI. They are so miserable.

If you ever want to talk, you are welcome to PM me. What is said there, stays there. I PM with a couple of other people. 

Thanks for caring.

Take care,

Frogie xx

2 hours ago, Frogie said:

Well... The dr just called. I now have to be on thyroid medicine.

My TSH is 7.30 (normal is .04-4.0). He's putting me on a natural one and the lowest dose to start.

I'm in tears 😭😭😭

Frogie xx

Oh hun, I'm so sorry. HUGS :wub:

My memory is a sieve.  What I can remember:

2006- Effexor started at 75mg upped to 300mg

somewhere after 2008- Switched to Cipralex started at 5mg upped to 20mg

2017- added Wellbutrin 150mg to Cipralex 20mg

occasional use of Ativan 0.5mg sublingual, usually given 7-10 tabs  -- (last used Nov 2017 ... previous? my mom's death probably? 2013)

Cold turkey Nov 13, 2017 (used Ativan once a day when it was unbearable until Rx finished)

24 Jan. 2018 - Reinstated Cipralex 5mg

31 Jan. 2018 - started Cetirizine Hydrochloride for severe allergies due to tattoo --- stopped 24 Feb. 2018

26 Feb. 2018 - Coversyl 4mg

Currently: 5mg Cipralex , 16mg Serc (for Meniere's), 4mg Coversyl (high blood pressure)

Supplements: 300mg Magnesium

19 minutes ago, JustCallMeJane said:

Oh hun, I'm so sorry. HUGS :wub:

Thanks.

I haven't read your signature, are you lucky and don't have to take thyroid meds?

I really appreciate you caring. 

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie 

The UTI belonged to a client not to me - I used to get them.but don't at present.

I am so sorry you can't tolerate levothyroxin.  

Thanks for the PM offer.

Health anxiety sounds like torture - I don'the have it but my mother does in her old age.  I have asked Social Services and her doctor just today to look into it.  Ironically if I thought it would help I would want my mother to try an AD.

Joy

50 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

Hi Frogie 

The UTI belonged to a client not to me - I used to get them.but don't at present.

I am so sorry you can't tolerate levothyroxin.  

Thanks for the PM offer.

Health anxiety sounds like torture - I don'the have it but my mother does in her old age.  I have asked Social Services and her doctor just today to look into it.  Ironically if I thought it would help I would want my mother to try an AD.

Joy

Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood about the UTI.

I tried the Levothyroxine and it just made me really sick. I hope this Armour is better. It's all natural. Had a nice 1/2 hour or longer conversation with my dr this morning. That's what we came up with together.

If you ever want to talk I'm here. And I could always use someone to talk to.

I have had Health Anxiety since I started tapering. It's not fun. But I'm trying my best not to Dr. Google things and take my Drs word. He has been a dr for 40+ years, I think he knows what he is doing.

How's the house coming? 

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

Thanks.

I haven't read your signature, are you lucky and don't have to take thyroid meds?

I really appreciate you caring. 

Take care,

Frogie xx

No, I don't have to take thyroid meds. I'm type 2 diabetic and worked my way off diabetic meds, as well as cholesterol & high blood pressure meds. The Cipralex was my last med to stop (I can't stop my Meniere's meds without major repercussions). 

occasional use of Ativan 0.5mg sublingual, usually given 7-10 tabs  -- (last used Nov 2017 ... previous? my mom's death probably? 2013)

Cold turkey Nov 13, 2017 (used Ativan once a day when it was unbearable until Rx finished)

31 Jan. 2018 - started Cetirizine Hydrochloride for severe allergies due to tattoo --- stopped 24 Feb. 2018

Currently: 5mg Cipralex , 16mg Serc (for Meniere's), 4mg Coversyl (high blood pressure)

18 minutes ago, JustCallMeJane said:

No, I don't have to take thyroid meds. I'm type 2 diabetic and worked my way off diabetic meds, as well as cholesterol & high blood pressure meds. The Cipralex was my last med to stop (I can't stop my Meniere's meds without major repercussions). 

That's great! What is Meriere's?

I worked my way off cholesterol meds, but it's still a little high not alarming though. 

They say when you off these awful drugs, your cholesterol can drop. I don't know if it's true or not.

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

That's great! What is Meriere's?

I worked my way off cholesterol meds, but it's still a little high not alarming though. 

They say when you off these awful drugs, your cholesterol can drop. I don't know if it's true or not.

Meniere's is a nasty inner ear disorder that causes dizziness, ringing of the ears, and a loss of hearing. Its cause isn't entirely sure, but it happens because of a build-up of fluid in the inner ear. There's no cure, just treatments to keep it at bay.

My BP has worked its way back up again, but I keep telling my doc it's due to stress.  I don't know if it's true either, but I'm not going back on those drugs.

42 minutes ago, JustCallMeJane said:

Meniere's is a nasty inner ear disorder that causes dizziness, ringing of the ears, and a loss of hearing. Its cause isn't entirely sure, but it happens because of a build-up of fluid in the inner ear. There's no cure, just treatments to keep it at bay.

My BP has worked its way back up again, but I keep telling my doc it's due to stress.  I don't know if it's true either, but I'm not going back on those drugs.

My step-son has that Meniere's now I know what the name us. But he us an engineer for a train company and not allowed to take meds, so he has his ears candled all the time. It helps, but not like the meds would.

My fiancé just had to go to the dr today. His BP med wasn't working. The dr added something to it, and told him to lose weight.

22 minutes ago, Frogie said:

My step-son has that Meniere's now I know what the name us. But he us an engineer for a train company and not allowed to take meds, so he has his ears candled all the time. It helps, but not like the meds would.

My fiancé just had to go to the dr today. His BP med wasn't working. The dr added something to it, and told him to lose weight.

For the longest time, I took an antinausea drug for my Meniere's, which basically knocked me out cold, and I'd sleep the day away. I've been taking Serc for over 20 years, and it's a Godsend as far as I'm concerned. Stress and lack of sleep are my major contributors, but I know salt & caffeine also can trigger an episode.

Losing weight helps a lot if you're able to do it. I lost quite a bit of weight in order to get my diabetes under control. The thought of insulin injections was enough incentive to lose the weight. :P  Hope your fiancé is doing better.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Frogie,

You are 8 days out now from your 10% decrease of escitalopram.

I posted some of my thyroid thoughts/experience over on Karma's informative topic.

As far as the vision, and I'm certain there is a topic on that as well.  These are some of my thoughts on that that I will post here.

I'm also wondering if your recent vision change could be related to your recent tapering?  You may find that you get frequent changes.........not due to Opthamologist or Optometrist incompetence but due to W/D.......I mean that's really my opinion, based on my experience...........I however, wouldn't sink a ton of money into  corrective eye wear right now.  It might just have some improvement on it's own.  Good to get checked for cataracts and macular degeneration and some of that I think.  My concern is that perhaps the eye changes can become more permanent and progressive after correction.  I do on occasion use my far sighted progressive lenses,  the reading portion is still not the best so I switch to a lower strength glasses for reading and computer use.  

Headaches.  Common in W/D.  And usually improve for most of us I think.  I'm also wondering about the usage of antihistamines, and your particular intolerance of most everything that you try.  I used some antihistamines when coming off of Seroquel........not an SSRI or SSNRI though.  And mainly for sleeplessness........with some success.

Again.......I can only caution that you do your research and also do your journaling/symptoms/anything meds or other tried..........with the times of day.  This can be done offline even on paper or a calendar of your choosing.   Karma left you a link.   So very helpful to help you especially recognize trends and changes that are persistent or short lived.  And then to help you manage and share with your doctor and us.

Okay.......happy weekend.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth.

Oh yes......my cholesterol is better........again for me, seemed to improve once off on AAP's for good.

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

28 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Frogie,

You are 8 days out now from your 10% decrease in escitalopram.

I posted some of my thyroid thoughts/experience over on Karma's informative topic.

As far as the vision, and I'm certain there is a topic on that as well.  These are some of my thoughts on that that I will post here.

I'm also wondering if your recent vision change could be related to your recent tapering?  You may find that you get frequent changes.........not due to Opthamologist or Optometrist incompetence but due to W/D.......I mean that's really my opinion, based on my experience...........I however, wouldn't sink a ton of money into  corrective eye wear right now.  It might just have some improvement on it's own.  Good to get checked for cataracts and macular degeneration and some of that I think.  My concern is that perhaps the eye changes can become more permanent and progressive after correction.  I do on occasion use my far sighted progressive lenses,  the reading portion is still not the best so I switch to a lower strength glasses for reading and computer use.  

Headaches.  Common in W/D.  And usually improve for most of us I think.  I'm also wondering about the usage of antihistamines, and your particular intolerance of most everything that you try.  I used some antihistamines when coming off of Seroquel........not an SSRI or SSNRI though.  And mainly for sleeplessness........with some success.

Again.......I can only caution that you do your research and also do your journaling/symptoms/anything meds or other tried..........with the times of day.  This can be done offline even on paper or a calendar of your choosing.   Karma left you a link.   So very helpful to help you especially recognize trends and changes that are persistent or short lived.  And then to help you manage and share with your doctor and us.

Okay.......happy weekend.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth.

I answered you over on Karma's thread. I didn't know you wrote here.

Edited by manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

I thought I would keep thyroid stuff with thyroid stuff.  And.......there are discussions here around vision changes, already going as well.  I didn't search yet though myself so just put that in your thread here.  And elaborated.......;):rolleyes:

I try not to personalize on responses and response times, and who or how people respond.  It actually was/is good for me as it forced me to take charge of my own health a lot more.  I'm referring to your comment on the thyroid thread.

Both issues........vision and thyroid............of interest to me as well.

Be well.  Best.

mmt

And edited on your quote above as you quoted while I was editing still my post here........oh, go figure.........swell, eh?  Anyway I am not trying to be hard on you just wanting you to tap into your inner healer a bit(we all have one), and go cautiously forward with the empowerment of your own wisdom and education.  I know it's hard sometimes and you just want a hand or hug or quick fix.  (((()))) , hand, quick fix sent......:)

Glad the antibodies were all good and no Hashimoto's!  Excellent.

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

38 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

I thought I would keep thyroid stuff with thyroid stuff.  And.......there are discussions here around vision changes, already going as well.  I didn't search yet though myself so just put that in your thread here.  And elaborated.......;):rolleyes:

I try not to personalize on responses and response times, and who or how people respond.  It actually was/is good for me as it forced me to take charge of my own health a lot more.  I'm referring to your comment on the thyroid thread.

Both issues........vision and thyroid............of interest to me as well.

Be well.  Best.

mmt

And edited on your quote above as you quoted while I was editing still my post here........oh, go figure.........swell, eh?  Anyway I am not trying to be hard on you just wanting you to tap into your inner healer a bit(we all have one), and go cautiously forward with the empowerment of your own wisdom and education.  I know it's hard sometimes and you just want a hand or hug or quick fix.  (((()))) , hand, quick fix sent......:)

Good idea to keep my vision and thyroid separate. My glasses have never been right. After going twice, seeing 2 different Drs, I have 4 different prescriptions. So I'm going to someone that knows what they are doing and getting some that I can see out of. If I'm on my iPad too long, I get headaches. Then the tv is blurry. I just want a pair of glasses that I can see and don't see trapazoids!

My thyroid will work itself out. I have faith. I've been through all of this, the thyroid is nothing to worry about now.

Thanks for the (((()))), hand and a pat on the back. You have no idea how it makes me feel. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie

Sorry you are still facing health issues apart from WD.

You have tremendous spirit though so I know you will get through it!

Once you can see properly and hopefully your headaches go you will feel so much better.

Hugs for you and Brownie.

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

3 minutes ago, Flowers said:

Hi Frogie

Sorry you are still facing health issues apart from WD.

You have tremendous spirit though so I know you will get through it!

Once you can see properly and hopefully your headaches go you will feel so much better.

Hugs for you and Brownie.

Flowers xxx

Thanks Flowers:

When I found out about having to take thyroid medication, I thought great, I thought I wouldn't have to take anything else after these poisons! These poisons could have caused my thyroid problem, but not for sure. But my dr put me on a natural one which is great.

But I fought it as long as I could. I just don't want to get sick. But my antibodies say I don't gave Hashimoto, so that's good.

I will be so glad to see correctly again. No trapazoids! Or headaches from the iPad and blurry tv.

I hope you are doing well.

I appreciate you stopping by. It means a lot to have good friends.

Brownie has gained weight! Still not up to where she was when she got sick, but much better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi again Frogie.  I think one of the points I was wanting to make in my post was that.....you recently did a taper......so that some, maybe not all, of your symptoms now......could......be explained by W/D and may not be as they are now forever.  Also.....journaling baby......journal somewhere and on a daily basis.....for your own empowerment and to share and educate yourself and us....and doctor.......  Karma linked you to a good format and certainly you have seen the format often advised here.  I think it would really help you.  Oh......stop fighting.....yes.......with your own healing nature and self.   Best.  mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi again Frogie.  I think one of the points I was wanting to make in my post was that.....you recently did a taper......so that some, maybe not all, of your symptoms now......could......be explained by W/D and may not be as they are now forever.  Also.....journaling baby......journal somewhere and on a daily basis.....for your own empowerment and to share and educate yourself and us....and doctor.......  Karma linked you to a good format and certainly you have seen the format often advised here.  I think it would really help you.  Oh......stop fighting.....yes.......with your own healing nature and self.   Best.  mmt

Hi:

I have had problems with these glasses since 5/19/2017, and they just keep getting worse. I've been back to that place twice and seen 2 different Drs, now have 4 different prescriptions. I see trapazoids and can't drive with my driving glasses they have been like this since I got them. The Drs said I needed to get used to them. I don't think it's WD at this point. I think it's the glasses. I journal. But I chose not to share it on this forum. I do share it with my therapist. If I have a problem, I post on the forum like I did the other day. The dr knows EVERYTHING that goes on with me. I tell him everything. Karma did give me wonderful information and I told her I would read it and research things as soon as my eyes were better. I thanked her very much for being so kind and caring. I didn't think I was out of line at all. I did read some of the information she gave me, but it was small print. I will read the entire article as soon as my glasses are fixed. You said yourself you have glasses you wear for the computer? Stop fighting? I guess I'm baffled? I'm not fighting. Right now I feel like I'm being "picked" on for some reason. What did I do now? I'm not understanding this???

By the way, I've got a headache from reading my iPad all day and the tv is blurry. I'll sure be glad when Monday comes and I get to see a real eye dr.   :)

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

I think it's just that it went.........your posts on here.......your introduct/journal......... from your knee to your eyes.........and headaches as well, are more recent.  Since your taper.

Your vision.........you began to mention that shortly after your recent taper.  That's what I can see from here.  And headaches.  So do you think that it might be related at all to your 10% taper done 8 days ago?  I think it's possible.  I mean we can just agree to disagree.  I don't really like to argue.

And yes, that's good........you are making progress with a present thyroid problem and learning more about it and finding a solution that you are comfortable with.  The journaling can certainly help with your tracking progress with the thyroid for one.  As well as if the next time you taper.........once again headaches and vision problems become predominant........well, you would then be familiar with the pattern.  Then you can relax a bit.

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

I didn't think I was out of line at all. I did read some of the information she gave me, but it was small print. I will read the entire article as soon as my glasses are fixed. You said yourself you have glasses you wear for the computer? Stop fighting? I guess I'm baffled? I'm not fighting. Right now I feel like I'm being "picked" on for some reason. What did I do now? I'm not understanding this???

I didn't say you were out of line.  And I'm sorry you feel picked on. 

7 hours ago, Frogie said:

The above was said by me.......I don't know why it quoted you........anyway......

You had replied on the thyroid thread to me with "PS you are the first mod other than Karma who has even responded to me."  Many mods have responded to you Frogie, many times.  Maybe you were referring to JUST your thyroid concern.

2 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Oh......stop fighting.....yes.......with your own healing nature and self.

This was not meant as criticism.  I saw another post above where you had said you had stopped fighting.  And I thought you might understand this comment and take it in stride.  It's along the lines of acceptance of what comes.  It just helps reduce what often sounds like sheer panic and helplessness.  Meant to help.  No problem.

Anyway........get some rest.

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Hi MMT:

I don't know how to copy and paste on my iPad, so I'm sorry. I'll do the best I can to answer you.

1.  You were talking about my eyes and headaches. I've been having them off and on since before I got my glasses. I just never mentioned it on here until it got to the point it was affecting me badly. When I went to get my drivers license renewed, I couldn't see the vision thing. They had to adjust it for me. They told me to go get glasses, I told them I had some. I explained what was going on, they couldn't believe it. That's what's going on. It just didn't happen. I don't like to argue either. I was just trying to explain what was going on. I don't always put everything on this forum.

2. I'm journaling about my thyroid among other things, so I know what to talk to the dr about. But like I said I don't share my journal to anyone except my therapist. I don't even share some of it with my fiancé. It's like my personal diary. I agree with my knees, I think that is WD and it might happen again. I don't know. But I know how to handle it and I may not like it but I'll deal with it. I've been having a lot of anxiety lately. I don't know why. But not a lot of nausea like I used too. It's not completely gone, but much better.

3. I felt VERY picked on. You were doing nothing but putting me down and telling me what, where, when, instead of helping me. The way you talked to me I felt like I was out of line for something I did or said.

4. Yes, I have a lot of mods that help me. I don't know what I would do without them. I was referring to the thyroid condition, nothing more. I made a comment that you and Karma were the only ones that had responded about my thyroid problem. I wasn't trying to get other mods to "feel sorry for me". I guess you didn't understand my comment.

5. I'm trying to accept everything that is happening, but sometimes it's really hard. So I will post like I did the other day. Just a couple of people answered me and I felt better. Sometimes I sit and cry because I don't know what else to do. You have to remember I have no friends to talk to where I live, they are all 2 1/2 hours away. I miss my granddaughter so much it's not funny. I used be 20 minutes away from her and could just go grab her after school for the weekend, that hasn't happened for almost 5 years now. I am missing out on her life so much. I do skype with my granddaughter but it's not the same. I miss my mother in law. We used to go to lunch and shopping at least once a week. I text and talk, but it's not the same as going to see them. I just want to go home. I don't think you understand that part. You think about not having friends, no family, you have nothing. No stores except a couple, no good grocery store. Things like that. And wouldn't you want to go back to civilization?

I really think I'm doing pretty good for going without a lot of things. I'm tapering and doing pretty well by myself with that. My fiancé does the best he can to help me. But he has a full time job and trying to fix things around here so we can move back home. He's ready to go home too. But it costs money to move. And everything that has been going on, we have to do things a little at a time.

As you call my dr, a county bumpkin. He is a very good dr. He has been in practice over 40 years. He is very caring and allowing me to taper the way I want too. You don't find many Drs like that. I guess I got lucky there. And he's working with me on this thyroid thing. 

I dont know what else to say. Please write me back. I don't want to argue and I'm not going to. I need your perspective on things. It means a lot.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie 

just popping in to say hi. I haven’t thoroughly caught up on your thread but I see you are having issues with your thyroid. So sorry. Don’t know much about it. But I know my dr checked my levels and they were ok. Have you started the meds yet? I hope they’re gentle on you. What else, right? When it rains, it pours. 

And are you finally getting to the eye doc tomorrow?  Hopefully it will be a simple lens change. My eyes are painful and blurry during wd but went to doc. Eyes are fine. Just super dry. So in my case, I hope the issue resolves itself once I’m off the lex. 

How’s things with your last taper? I’m impressed you can do a 10% drop. And jealous. I’m going to lower from 4-2% next time. The side effects are just to harsh. I’ll be off all meds by the time I’m 125 years old. 

Hope youre having a decent sunday. No football! We’re watching car shows. Good times!!

I was out most of the day yesterday. Probably overdid it. So laying low today. At least for the morning. 

Take care

xx lg

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

1 minute ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hi Frogie 

just popping in to say hi. I haven’t thoroughly caught up on your thread but I see you are having issues with your thyroid. So sorry. Don’t know much about it. But I know my dr checked my levels and they were ok. Have you started the meds yet? I hope they’re gentle on you. What else, right? When it rains, it pours. 

And are you finally getting to the eye doc tomorrow?  Hopefully it will be a simple lens change. My eyes are painful and blurry during wd but went to doc. Eyes are fine. Just super dry. So in my case, I hope the issue resolves itself once I’m off the lex. 

How’s things with your last taper? I’m impressed you can do a 10% drop. And jealous. I’m going to lower from 4-2% next time. The side effects are just to harsh. I’ll be off all meds by the time I’m 125 years old. 

Hope youre having a decent sunday. No football! We’re watching car shows. Good times!!

I was out most of the day yesterday. Probably overdid it. So laying low today. At least for the morning. 

Take care

xx lg

Thanks for dropping by LG I could use a friend right now.

Everything is ok with my thyroid, no Hashimoto, high TSH. I'm starting on a low dose of a natural med.

My last taper is going ok. I've only had nausea maybe 3 times. Usually I'm sick a lot. I've been having some anxiety, but that could be related to my high TSH. The dr said it could be until I get it regulated. I hope so. You will make it. Try the Brassmonkey slide, maybe you could taper that way.

How are you feeling? Nauseous? Headaches? Anxiety?

Finally the eye dr tomorrow. I'm excited about being able to see.

There is football on today. The Pro Bowl is on so we are going to watch that  and do laundry.

I needed to hear from a friend like I said, thanks. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

8 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Thanks for dropping by LG I could use a friend right now.

Everything is ok with my thyroid, no Hashimoto, high TSH. I'm starting on a low dose of a natural med.

My last taper is going ok. I've only had nausea maybe 3 times. Usually I'm sick a lot. I've been having some anxiety, but that could be related to my high TSH. The dr said it could be until I get it regulated. I hope so. You will make it. Try the Brassmonkey slide, maybe you could taper that way.

How are you feeling? Nauseous? Headaches? Anxiety?

Finally the eye dr tomorrow. I'm excited about being able to see.

There is football on today. The Pro Bowl is on so we are going to watch that  and do laundry.

I needed to hear from a friend like I said, thanks. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hope you’re doing better.sorry about your thyroid.i think I have a bladder infection.im taking this stuff called orzo till I can get to a doctor.

Just now, Downbutnotout said:

Hope you’re doing better.sorry about your thyroid.i think I have a bladder infection.im taking this stuff called orzo till I can get to a doctor.

Thanks D:

I was really fighting the thyroid, but it got the best of me I guess. But my mother in law has been on meds 20+ years and she's in her 80's. I don't have Hashimoto, just a high TSH. I hope it goes away when I'm done tapering.

Drink cranberry juice too. You could go to one of those clinics in Walgreens or King Soopers. They should be able to help you. We don't have those out here. We have the emergency room on the weekends.

I hope you feel better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

You have the most friends on this forum. You win. Lol

so, you already started the new med? No side effects? 

I had a decent afternoon yesterday. Went to lunch with Paul. Ate like a pig. Took a walk by the river. Ran a bunch of errands. Went to the cemetery, after dark, ooooh, to see my dad and pauls parents. Coincidentally, they’re neighbors. 

We were driving home, went through town and I mentioned how crowded the restaurants and bars were at such a late hour. Paul said it’s only 6:30. It felt like midnight to me. We’d been running around since morning. 

Anyway, I think it was too much. Not feeling so good today. Nausea and tinnitus. Anxiety better now but I was crawling out of my skin this morning. 

I am am going to take your suggestion and hold awhile. Then do a version of the brassmonkey slide. But I’m going to do 2% instead of 2 1/2. 

Forgot about the pro bowl. They used to play the week after the super bowl.  

xx lg

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol