Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

45 minutes ago, apace41 said:

It should.  For some people it can hang around for a while but it hasn't been a typical symptom for you so I don't think it will stay long.

I have had it but it was not really "in a spot."  It was more a general state of restlessness that made me feel like I couldn't sit still.  One of the things I would do is to take a long walk outside or to go exercise.  It feels like there is excessive cortisol flowing through the body and it would seem that exercising might help release some of the excess.

Hopefully it will lift soon.

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy:

It has never been one of my "symptoms ". That's why I am hoping it won't stick around long.

You have to remember where I live lol...

But I do have a Pilates machine and stationary bike. I'll use those.

Would a magnesium bath help? We finally have a bathtub!

Oops... One more thing. Can I make my own magnesium spray? If so, how would I do that? And would it help?

Thanks so much for your help.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Question to anyone that could help me. :(

I'm currently tapering Lexapro. I'm on 2.5mg liquid everyday. I also take 1mg Xanax 3 times a day.

I have been having headaches. I would say they started around Christmas. We were remodeling a bathroom and bedroom, and Christmas was a disaster, except I did get to have my Uncle and fiancé. This is the 1st year I haven't seen my granddaughter for Christmas since she was born. She's 10.

Could my headaches be from tapering? Could it be stress related? Being on the ipad? I know my glasses prescription is not correct. Hopefully in the next week or so, I am going to a qualified optometrist and get that taken care of.

I went to the chiropractor and it helped for a couple of days. But now they are back.

Does anyone have headaches everyday? If so, what do you do for them? I've tried ibuprofen, Excedrine Migraine. They both make me very nauseous and GI problems.

Would it help if I tapered a little? I haven't tapered for a month?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know how much longer I can stand them! I feel like I'm going nuts, more than I already am lol...

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Hi Frogie 

sorry about the headaches. I get them most days. I don’t usually take anything til their migraine stage. Then one Advil and one Tylenol combo. Sometimes it takes the edge off. 

Thanks for visiting my thread. The symptoms from my small taper 11 days ago hit me hard today. Up since 2 am with all the usual side effects going full bore. 

Unfortunately, it’s a day I have the kids. Not sure how I’m going to do this til 8.  And we’re all getting our hair cut ( what the wd didn’t take from me).  Don’t want to cancel when she had 3 slots set aside for us. 

Feel better!  lg

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

15 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hi Frogie 

sorry about the headaches. I get them most days. I don’t usually take anything til their migraine stage. Then one Advil and one Tylenol combo. Sometimes it takes the edge off. 

Thanks for visiting my thread. The symptoms from my small taper 11 days ago hit me hard today. Up since 2 am with all the usual side effects going full bore. 

Unfortunately, it’s a day I have the kids. Not sure how I’m going to do this til 8.  And we’re all getting our hair cut ( what the wd didn’t take from me).  Don’t want to cancel when she had 3 slots set aside for us. 

Feel better!  lg

Thanks LG:

I thought it was stress, but I don't have any stress right now. I'm home, my granddaughter got her Christmas presents finally. And the remodeling is done. They have been going on since the remodeling started.

Last night, we went to bed at our usual time. Nothing out of the ordinary. I was laying there and out of the blue, I got a panic attack. It's been forever since I had one. I tried breathing and trying to be calm for about 30 minutes. Finally had to take a Xanax. Then I was fine.

I don't know what's going on with these headaches though. I'm at my wits end.

Thanks for helping me out. Sorry you have all your symptoms back and are being grandma today. I hope you have a good day despite everything.

(((Hugs)))

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie

Thanks for visiting my thread and asking after me. WD wise I am not too bad but am suffering with problems in my urinary tract and today my GP referred me to a Urologist for further tests. So am a bit uncomfortable!

I am so sorry you are having headaches and akathisia. 

I feel your headaches may be caused by the tension from the akathisia. When I have it I feel as though my whole body is in complete overdrive and I cannot relax or keep still. Your seems to be settling on your knees but the tension from that could be giving you the  headaches.  

You also had a panic attack which was calmed by taking the Xanax. I think you have too much tension in your body. Sometimes it is hard to say what sets any of these symptoms off but it may be from missing your Xanax doses  or all the stress you have been under even though things are better now. 

Are you not able to walk a little outside in the fresh air? or is it too cold for that?! Maybe just gentle  walking on the spot inside or having a magnesium bath might help.

I wouldn't do a cut when feeling how you are, let things settle a bit first.

I really hope you feel better soon.

Much love from Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Oh, the dreaded panic attack. So sorry Frogie. But I do find them easier  to control after suffering them for so many years. It’s the all day chemical anxiety I hate. It just leaves me a blubbering mess. 

I bet bet you’re having some delayed side effects from skipping your Xanax. That could be the cause of the headaches and anxiety. The knee thing sounds like restless leg syndrome. Does it keep you awake? It is annoying and definitely makes it hard to keep your legs still. Does it come with involuntary twitching?  It’s very common in WD. Just another fun symptom. 

We made it out for haircuts and back. My little guy looks like a big boy with his curls chopped short. It was nice to have a distraction and actually feel better for having gone out. Now, we have a dance party going on. The disco ball is not so good for headaches or anxiety. 

Hope your headache has subsided by now and you can enjoy your evening!      xx Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

58 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Oh, the dreaded panic attack. So sorry Frogie. But I do find them easier  to control after suffering them for so many years. It’s the all day chemical anxiety I hate. It just leaves me a blubbering mess. 

I bet bet you’re having some delayed side effects from skipping your Xanax. That could be the cause of the headaches and anxiety. The knee thing sounds like restless leg syndrome. Does it keep you awake? It is annoying and definitely makes it hard to keep your legs still. Does it come with involuntary twitching?  It’s very common in WD. Just another fun symptom. 

We made it out for haircuts and back. My little guy looks like a big boy with his curls chopped short. It was nice to have a distraction and actually feel better for having gone out. Now, we have a dance party going on. The disco ball is not so good for headaches or anxiety. 

Hope your headache has subsided by now and you can enjoy your evening!      xx Lg

Hi Flowers and LG:

Thought I would answer both of you at the same time.

I used to have panic attacks at least 5 times a week. I can't remember the last one I had like last night. It was a real doozy.

It could be delayed side effects from skipping my Xanax. It's so weird it's taken this long though.

My knees don't feel like I have to make my legs move at all. And it doesn't keep me awake. It's in the morning and feels like I want to just dig my knees off my body. No involuntary twitching. 

I still ill have a slight headache. But it's not a migraine. It's just annoying. I hardly ever get headaches that's why I'm kinda freaked out about it. I've had one for over 2 weeks. I'm really wondering if it's my glasses and eyes. My neck hurts too. That's why I went to the chiropractor the other day. 

I'm not going to taper unless someone thinks it's a good idea. I'll wait until the end of the month and see how I'm doing then.

LG - I'm glad you got out. I'm sure you all look nice with new haircuts. I got mine cut over the weekend. She cut a little more off than I wanted but that's ok. It will grow back. I don't think a disco ball and music is great for anxiety and headaches either.

I wonder if all of this is stress? I don't feel stressed but I was for a long time. From the remodeling, my granddaughter, Brownie being sick and being away from home over the weekend. And now I know we are moving and I'm counting the days literally. That's bad because we aren't moving until probably the end of the year. And no friends or anything to do.

Flowers - I hope they find out your urinary problem and you feel better.

I'm trying to stay off the iPad as I wonder if that's giving me the headaches too? It's small print, my glasses aren't right and I bend my neck down to read and write?

Thanks for the help!

We have an 80% chance of snow! That makes me happy. Less than an inch though.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi LG:

I haven't had a panic attack since the other night. My head was ok, until I got on the iPad. Been on it a lot today, reading about akasthisia. It's being really mean to my knees. It's in the morning, about 15 minutes after I get up it starts. I've been reading people take Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and B Vitamins. I can't take Vitamin D, it makes me nauseous, B Vitamins ramp up my anxiety so much I feel like I could fly to the moon and back, I already take Vitamin E, so I might try Vitamin C. It can't hurt. It's good for you. My fiancé said to call next week and get into the optometrist. Maybe that will help my headaches. Even the tv is blurry and it's a 65" tv maybe 15 feet from my chair. Do you wear glasses? If so, are they bifocal? I'm afraid that's what they are going to want to do to me. They did a while back and I ended up with reading glasses and driving glasses. I'm so confused!

Maybe I need to taper a little. I haven't for over a month. I don't know what to do.  😜😝😋

It snowed here last night. Less than an inch. It's in the 30's, but it's melting off. :(  I think we might get some flurries over the weekend, but nothing to brag about.

How was your disco party? You are such a great grandma. My granddaughter is 10. She's into cooking, makeup and dress up and long walks. In the summer I take her to the pool. She loves the slide and diving board.

I will just be so glad to move home. I know just being around friends and family I will heal better. I have no one here except my fiancé and if course Brownie. But my days are really long and boring. Last weekend, as much as I didn't want to go, and not having Brownie with me we did have a good time. His mom can't wait for us to be home.

How are you feeling?

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hey

my eyes have been horrible this whole process. Sometimes get sharp pain in left eye. Always pressure and blurry. Went to the eye doc. She said nothing wrong except extremely dry. She told me to wash my eye lids with baby shampoo and use moisturizing drops. Not the ones that say gets the red out. They make it worse. 

A lot of people in SA have eye problems in WD. No, I don’t wear glasses. Except cheaters to read. 

Good no more panic attacks. They’re flippin horrible. First one I ever got was 30 yrs ago. Didn’t have a clue what was going on. But I was sure I was dying. I was having some kind of seizure disorder. When I could feel a seizure coming on, it would lead to a panic attack. Took a long time, but I eventually learned to control it. At least just ride with it. Slept with a brown paper bag on my nightstand. 

Maybe you should look into magnesium oil to rub on your knees. You said you hadn’t try the epsom salt bath, right? Maybe give that a try. I have burning thigh pain. Maybe I should try the oil myself. I’ve taken salt bath but I get too anxious and don’t last long. 

After freezing here for so long, it hit 60 today. But it’s been windy and raining. The snow is gone. Our power is out now. 

The disco parties are always fun. Paul and I both have to dance. I have to keep my eyes closed though. One disco ball light and another changing color light. Not good with anxiety. 

Oh Frogie, you will be home to your family soon. The time will fly. And by then you will be free from these drugs and feeling great. Then you will be the perfect grandma. Back to the pool and playing dress up. Aren’t kids great? Gives us a reason to do all the fun stuff too!!

i don’t think Paul and I would have a disco party without them!!! Ha

or tea parties. Or Easter egg hunts in the middle of January. 

Youll get there hon. Maybe you can set a scheduled time each week to FaceTime with your granddaughter. That would help with the loneliness you feel for her. 

And also with the healing process. Get yourself well so you’ll be in peak form when you finally get home!!     xx Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

I have a question for anyone that might have an answer. :)

I take Vitamin E for my liver. 

I take it in the morning, and a couple of hours later I'm nauseous. Not bad, just blah.

I googled it and it said Vitamin E can cause nausea. Does anyone have that problem?

I'm wondering if I should take it at bedtime. But don't want to wake up nauseous either.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Take care,

Frogie xx

15 hours ago, Longestroadhome said:

Hi Frogie are you taking the vitamin E on an empty stomach? That could make you nauseous. 

I find that I am best keeping off the iPad for too long as I tend to google symptoms too much and scare myself. Plus I think it has made my eyes worse. 

I hope you you have a good day. The snow sounds wonderful. It is hot here!

I have been eating a banana then taking it. I think I'm going to take it at night and see what happens.

I know what you mean about googling things. I used to do that and it always came up with something really bad. Now I just check on things like the Vitamin  E. I'm sure it's making my eyes worse..

The snow got melted by rain. :( I love the snow. They say it might snow again Monday, but then in the 50's. It's weird weather this year.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie, maybe you can rather eat food which is rich an vitamin E like nuts, oil and then you dont have to eat tablets making you nauseous. By me, I had always lack of iron. And the doctors prescribed me pills and my stomach just didnt accept it. Who knows, if the body can absorb it the same like natural vitamin E.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

19 minutes ago, Martina23 said:

Frogie, maybe you can rather eat food which is rich an vitamin E like nuts, oil and then you dont have to eat tablets making you nauseous. By me, I had always lack of iron. And the doctors prescribed me pills and my stomach just didnt accept it. Who knows, if the body can absorb it the same like natural vitamin E.

Thanks Martina23:

I appreciate the advise.

I think I will try that. I didn't take the Vitamin E this morning and I'm not nauseous.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

It sounds like you solved that problem easily. 

Take care

d

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

46 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

It sounds like you solved that problem easily. 

Take care

d

HI D:

So far, so good. No nausea and I've eaten and taken my meds.

Ill try the Vitamin E thing.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I am okay. No complaining today. 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

Just now, Downbutnotout said:

I am okay. No complaining today. 

That's a good thing.  😋

No headache, no nausea for me today. Hope it lasts for both of us.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Well...

Took the Vitamin E before bed and this morning I woke up nauseous.

I give up. I think I'm going to stop it and see what happens.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor

Frogie,

Thanks for stopping by my page.  I thought I would come over here on yours to answer.  I was off the site for a little while but I am back now.

I am so sorry to read about your nausea.  Poor thing. You are such a fighter, you just seem to keep moving forward.  I was just looking at your drug signature.  I am amazed that you are down to 2.5mg of Lexapro.  You worked so hard to get to that number.  Pat yourself on the back my friend.

I was also happy to read that you got to see your granddaughter, even though I am sure it wasn't long enough.

Thanks again for stopping by.

RS

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

3 hours ago, Frogie said:

Took the Vitamin E before bed and this morning I woke up nauseous.

Oh no Frogie, The dreaded nausea! Blah! Did you ever manage to get some peppermint oil? If you mix it in a carrier oil like we discussed...gently massage in large circular motions on your abdomen...it can also help with nausea...not just headaches! Multifunctional 🙂 Thank you for thinking of me and dropping by my thread. Hugs to you. K 🌻

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
  • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
  • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
  • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
  • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
  • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
  • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
  • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg, 8th April 1.48mg, 15th April 1.47mg, 22nd April 1.46mg, 29th April 1.45mg
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
  • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
  • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
  • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

5 minutes ago, Kristine said:

Oh no Frogie, The dreaded nausea! Blah! Did you ever manage to get some peppermint oil? If you mix it in a carrier oil like we discussed...gently massage in large circular motions on your abdomen...it can also help with nausea...not just headaches! Multifunctional 🙂 Thank you for thinking of me and dropping by my thread. Hugs to you. K 🌻

I think the nausea came from taking Vitamin E. I'm not going to take it for a few days and see if that's it. I haven't gotten the peppermint oil yet. We have to drive 16 miles to the next town to the pharmacy to get it and they aren't open on the weekends. Then we do have a small health food store. I'm going to see if they have the oil. You said avocado? I hope everything is going smoothly with the move. Thanks again for the information. :). Hugs back to you. Frogie xx

OK I need help!

I took the Vitamin E on Saturday night, woke up Sunday morning nauseous. I took a Phenergran. It stopped the nausea.

But, now today I have akasthisia in my knees! I think it's coming from the Phenergran. It seems that when I take the Phenergran a few days later I get the akasthisia in my knees!

I bought some magnesium cream and some flat weights. I've been putting that on, but haven't felt any relief yet. Does anyone know how much and how often I can use the magnesium?

Does anyone know of an anti nausea med that doesn't cause akasthisia? I'm desperate. I also have Zofran, but it says it can cause akasthisia. I don't want to try it. I've tried Benadryl, doesn't work for me for nausea.

I also read it could be from tapering Lexapro. Should I try to taper a little and see what happens?

I'm not taking the Vitamin E anymore to see if that stops my nausea.

I hope someone knows what I need to do. :(

Sorry for so many questions. I'm just going nuts. 😋🙃 (more than I already am).

Take care,

Frogie xx

PS. I'm sorry but tears are running down my face right now because I'm just lost...

Hey Frogie,

I've caught up with your thread, you know you could buy the peppermint oil online?

Mine is made by Objekkars, and I get it (and a whole host of other supplements) from an online UK store called "The Natural Dispensary".

Can you find a US equivalent?

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

2 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Hey Frogie,

I've caught up with your thread, you know you could buy the peppermint oil online?

Mine is made by Objekkars, and I get it (and a whole host of other supplements) from an online UK store called "The Natural Dispensary".

TC,

JC xxx

I wonder if Amazon would have it. But I need an oil to go with it?

Take care,

Frogie xx

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

I wonder if Amazon would have it. But I need an oil to go with it?

Take care,

Frogie xx

Amazon might have it, and no you don't need a separate oil because it is an oil in capsule form.

Feels great in the gut - rather like Vick's vapour rub but for the gut.

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

1 hour ago, Junglechicken said:

Hey Frogie,

TC,

JC xxx

Hi jc

i see you can take a couple drops internally or directly on skin. Is that the way you use it? Or do you take the capsules?  And it helps with nausea?   Thanks Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

3 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Amazon might have it, and no you don't need a separate oil because it is an oil in capsule form.

Feels great in the gut - rather like Vick's vapour rub but for the gut.

TC,

JC xxx

Kristine said I need a carrier oil. To put 10 drops of peppermint oil into the carrier oil and then use it.

So what you buy is like a supplement? You take it like a vitamin, swallow it?

What do you buy?

I'm confused lol...

Take care,

Frogie xx

Never mind. You posted just as I did. But it helps with nausea as well as gut pain? Thanks

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

1 minute ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hi jc

i see you can take a couple drops internally or directly on skin. Is that the way you use it? Or do you take the capsules?  And it helps with nausea?   Thanks Lg

Hi Lg,

I take a couple of capsules after each meal - it find it helps calm my gut, as I've been suffering from IBS for a while now.

TC,

JC

Major Life Events: 

Just now, Frogie said:

Kristine said I need a carrier oil. To put 10 drops of peppermint oil into the carrier oil and then use it.

So what you buy us like a supplement? You take it like a vitamin, swallow it?

What do you buy?

I'm confused lol...

Take care,

Frogie xx

Mine is in capsule form, like a supplement.  I take it with water.

Look up "Objekkars" peppermint oil capsules and you'll see what it is!

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Just now, Junglechicken said:

Mine is in capsule form, like a supplement.  I take it with water.

Look up "Objekkars" peppermint oil capsules and you'll see what it is!

TC,

JC xxx

Ok thanks. And it helps with nausea?

Take care,

Frogie xx

Just now, Frogie said:

Ok thanks. And it helps with nausea?

Take care,

Frogie xx

I take it for IBS, but I don't see why it wouldn't help with nausea too.

Major Life Events: 

I take it for IBS, but I don't see why it wouldn't help with nausea too.

Ok I will look it up. I see you take Happy Tummy Charcoal capsules. Does that help with nausea?

Thanks!

Just now, Frogie said:

Ok I will look it up. I see you take Happy Tummy Charcoal capsules. Does that help with nausea?

Thanks!

I take that for gas!  part of the whole IBS package, lol!

Major Life Events: 

I take that for gas!  part of the whole IBS package, lol!

I have IBS, but not gas. Mine is running to the bathroom many times a day. IBS is he** isn't it!

Just now, Frogie said:

I have IBS, but not gas. Mine is running to the bathroom many times a day. IBS is he** isn't it!

Lucky you! yes, I hate it and hope it'll calm down - too much stress that's my problem.

Major Life Events: