Littlegrandma

47 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hi

i have a question and would love any opinions I can get. 

On mar 2, I reduced my lexapro 5% down to 4.3 mg. After a week of usual symptoms-headache, nausea, burning skin, pins and needles, head pressure, anxiety, early morning cortisol rush, etc etc, I then had a decent week. Not great but do-able. Mainly fatigue, but not the trembling anxiety. It was like my body went aaaah, less lexapro. Then all hell broke loose and symptoms ramped up to as bad or worse than they’ve ever been. 

It has been a stressful couple weeks with my daughter having surgery and caring for her and the kids, 2 pre-schoolers, 12 hrs a day. I’ve not been eating as well, as I don’t seem to have time even though I’m making sure the family is getting nutritious meals. It’s been go go with little time to unwind and relax. 

Anyway, before the chaos began, my body seemed to be happier with less lexapro on board. 

Question is- should I taper another 5% now( it’s been 20 days). Things aren’t going to settle down around here for about 2 months. I don’t want that to interfere with my taper. 

Anxiety has been sky high. I have burning gut from bellybutton down and feels like every organ in my body hurts. I haven’t stopped crying for a couple days. The dp/ dr are worse than ever. I know this is not typical anxiety pre-lexapro. 

Just wondering if you all think I should hold a little while longer or go forward with my taper. After my last couple tapers, overall my body was happier. 

Thanks for any insight and opinions. xx lg

Hi LG:

Just my experience, and I'm not a mod or dr, but you need to hold until your symptoms are gone. Then taper again.

But that's your call. I just know if I tapered having the symptoms you are having, it would be a nightmare.

My stomach isn't nauseous right now, but burning like yours. Weird.

Hope you are doing as well as expected with everything going on.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Littlegrandma

• Scorpio

• Frogie

• Downbutnotout

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Frogie 

i appreciate your opinion. 

I’m in despair right now. 

Hope things have settled down for you. You ok?  Lg

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

3 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Thanks Frogie 

i appreciate your opinion. 

I’m in despair right now. 

Hope things have settled down for you. You ok?  Lg

I'm sure you are. But your life is in termoil right now and just me, I would leave my Lexapro alone. I was going to taper this weekend, but actually got a text asking if I would like to have my granddaughter for the weekend. Can you believe it? I haven't heard anymore, so don't know if I'll get her or not. But I'm not touching it until I know for sure.

Your body is really ramped up right now, with everything going on. I would let it settle. You don't want to go through WD with your grandkids and your daughter.

Like I said I'm not a dr or mod. Just my experience.

Hope I helped.

I'm doing ok. No nausea for a couple of days, but my stomach is burning. Just one more thing to add.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Oh yeah. The burning stomach. I’m going to try and cut out dairy and gluten. The pain is bad. 

🤞🏻That’s awesome you might get to see your granddaughter. Hope it happens, Frogie. You just gonna hang out and catch up? Or do you have plans to do something?

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

5 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Oh yeah. The burning stomach. I’m going to try and cut out dairy and gluten. The pain is bad. 

🤞🏻That’s awesome you might get to see your granddaughter. Hope it happens, Frogie. You just gonna hang out and catch up? Or do you have plans to do something?

It's really weird I haven't had a burning stomach. But it will go away like everything else. Mine isn't bad just annoying.

I hope I get her. I'm sure she will want to go to the dollar stores. She loves them. She can get lots of junk for nothing. And thinks she scored.

I eat a yogurt, but I don't think that would cause my burning stomach. I do eat a sandwich for lunch but it's almond butter. I'm not giving up everything. 

Well, I've put off dusting and vacuuming for about 3 hours so I better get it done.

I will check back later.

Good luck, but just my opinion, and it's only my opinion, I would hold, hold, hold until you feel a lot better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

👍

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

2 hours ago, Frogie said:

if you all think I should hold a little while longer or go forward with my taper.

I think you should hold for a while. You have a lot going on right now that you can't change.

If you taper during this time and find you have to go back up again, it seems that would be worse than just giving yourself some time at your current dose. Since you seem to still be having some pretty big WD symptoms, I'd say stay where you are.

Your daughter and her family are lucky to have you! x

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

11 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

I think you should hold for a while. You have a lot going on right now that you can't change.

If you taper during this time and find you have to go back up again, it seems that would be worse than just giving yourself some time at your current dose. Since you seem to still be having some pretty big WD symptoms, I'd say stay where you are.

Your daughter and her family are lucky to have you! x

Dalalea

Thank you so much Dalalea. 

I appreciate your input- more than I can express. I will hold. You and Frogie are right. I was questioning it because I felt better after the last taper. It was like my body was thanking me for for ridding it of a little more of the drug. Now, I’m not so good. And it’s such a vicious circle. I know I’ve had some stress that probably set me off, but the symptoms make the stress tenfold, which makes the symptoms worse. I guess this is the time to pull out that toolbox, but honestly I feel too lousy. My son in law stayed home from work today to be with his family so I am just sedentary not wanting to move. 

How are you? I’m going to check your thread. 

Thank you. Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

3 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

pull out that toolbox

I tapered over two months (way too fast) last summer and ended up with horrible WD that lasted all winter. I'm doing better now but still struggle with low immunity, tinnitus, numbness, sinus and allergy problems, and fatigue. I love being with my grandchildren but 12 hours a day would put me back into a wave, I'm afraid! I still feel fragile which is so frustrating because I'm used to being on the go. Luckily, I'm retired but because I'm also a widow, I can easily waste the day away and not be better for it! I'm thinking I need to add inertia to my list. All said, I'm SO much better than I was two months ago. I'm thanking God for that! 

What do you have in your "toolbox"? I need to fill mine with some new things. :)

Dalalea's Introduction

Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove

28 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

I tapered over two months (way too fast) last summer and ended up with horrible WD that lasted all winter. I'm doing better now but still struggle with low immunity, tinnitus, numbness, sinus and allergy problems, and fatigue. I love being with my grandchildren but 12 hours a day would put me back into a wave, I'm afraid! I still feel fragile which is so frustrating because I'm used to being on the go. Luckily, I'm retired but because I'm also a widow, I can easily waste the day away and not be better for it! I'm thinking I need to add inertia to my list. All said, I'm SO much better than I was two months ago. I'm thanking God for that! 

What do you have in your "toolbox"? I need to fill mine with some new things. :)

I see we started tapering the same month. Sometimes I wish I’d have just done it quicker as I have been struggling since last June. But I went to Mayo Clinic before I had any understanding of the wd process and they brought me down 50%. Not sure I’d have felt any worse if I’d have just gone off altogether. Ideally, I wish I’d have tapered slowly from the beginning but I didn’t know. By the time I reached Mayo, I’d had akathasia and insomnia for 2 mo. and was willing to do anything they said. 

I normally only watch the kids a few days a week. I have since the first one was born 5 yrs ago. It’s not as much fun in wd though. We don’t go out much anymore. Used to go on an adventure of some sort every day. Last week my granddaughter told me that I like boring. Oh, if she only knew. That broke my heart. 

So, there’s really not much in my toolbox. Yoga , I like in a group, but doing it on my own seems to cause more anxiety. But I promised myself today I would start. I haven’t. I did see a reiki. I liked that. Accupuncture- bad! What works best for me is walking in place. 250-400 steps every hour, slowly and concentrating on my breath. Anything more than slow ramps up my tinnitus and heart rate. I was listening to dr Kelly brogan last night and she swears by kundalini yoga. Incorporates movement, breathing, and meditation. I am going to check it out. I struggle with dp/dr and she thinks yoga, exercise and diet is the key. My diet is pretty good but I’ve decided to go dairy and gluten free to see if that helps with my daily gut pain. I love cheese in every form. Sugar was not hard to give up but cheese.......

the fact that you’ve made improvements the last 2 mo, gives me hope. I’m always looking for the positive in others wd process. I feel pretty hopeless and helpless most days. But if I don’t get that toolbox out, I have no one to blame but myself. Oh, and the psych drs. 🤪

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

18 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

Oh, if she only knew. That broke my heart.

Someday she will know. It's so hard when you're used to one level of activity and now it seems so much less.  I struggle with that, too.

Now that I seem to be in a better place in this process, I really need to work on my toolbox. My issue seems to be inertia right now. I feel like I'm just wasting time without getting much accomplished. A year ago, I was writing, working on a new college class, attending yoga regularly, traveling, working on genealogy, planning a trip to Europe, and feeling really strong. That was before my quick taper. Now, I don't know who I am or what I do anymore.

I'm in longer windows and feel that I should be getting back to living my life but I can't seem to find the motivation.

It's so difficult but, we will heal! I believe that! x

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

6 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

Someday she will know. It's so hard when you're used to one level of activity and now it seems so much less.  I struggle with that, too.

Now that I seem to be in a better place in this process, I really need to work on my toolbox. My issue seems to be inertia right now. I feel like I'm just wasting time without getting much accomplished. A year ago, I was writing, working on a new college class, attending yoga regularly, traveling, working on genealogy, planning a trip to Europe, and feeling really strong. That was before my quick taper. Now, I don't know who I am or what I do anymore.

I'm in longer windows and feel that I should be getting back to living my life but I can't seem to find the motivation.

It's so difficult but, we will heal! I believe that! x

Dalalea

Oh, but the window is so great!! The motivation will come. I want to want to. But I’m afraid. I’m becoming so home bound, I’m having fear of going out. That is so not me. If I have a day without headache , nausea, and shaky legs, I usually take advantage and get out of here. I’m not going to use that as an excuse to not do yoga though. My husband is putting a smart tv in the bedroom, where it’s carpeted. I’ve found great yoga videos on YouTube, but so far I’ve only watched them. I breath along though. Lol

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

2 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

I’m not going to use that as an excuse to not do yoga though.

That's good! I need some of that motivation!

I think it may be time to revamp my plan. I want to concentrate on my diet next.

It's easy for me to get off my healing plan because I live alone. No one (except God) sees how unmotivated I've become. I have piles of work but no motivation to do it, even with deadlines! I'm also fighting a sinus infection and finally had to take an antibiotic so that might be part of the way I'm feeling also. I tried to wait it out but it was getting bad and bringing me down.

Dalalea's Introduction

Oh, the antibiotic will do it!!  I’m sensitive to most of them. But knock on wood, I’ve only had to take them a few times in my life. But a few years ago I had to try several for diverticulitis and omg, they’re almost as evil as AD’s. And several people on this forum have had to take them recently with not so good results. 

Because of the diverticulitis, I got my diet in order. I’ve been tweaking it in the last year. Gave up sugar and caffeine. I miss my coffee, Yesterday I went dairy and gluten free. Made it one day. I was so hungry last night. I usually grab a cheese stick and hummus w/ crackers to snack on. The fiber from fruit and veggies is suppose to make you feel full. I don’t believe it. And I just want some comfort food. 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

37 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Oh, the antibiotic will do it!!

Thank you! I'm just going to believe this is temporary and try to muddle through it. That infection was so bad and the antibiotic is not one that has bothered me in the past, so I'll continue with it and remember to get probiotics in. I think I'll just make a list and force myself! I had much more motivation even a week ago (before the antibiotics).

43 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

diet in order

I'm proud of you! I've decided to go on a whole foods diet for now. No processed, No sugar

Once I have a few things in place, I can figure out the next step.

Thank you for the encouragement! Us grandmas need to stick together!

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

Us grandmas have got to keep up our energy. Or get some energy. 

How many grandkids do you have? Do they live near you? How long have you been widowed? Sorry. 

The diet hasn’t been too bad to follow. Sugar, I don’t miss. I do cheat once in awhile, as my husband and I take ice cream drives at night. But now dairy free- that’s going to be hard. I substituted Cheerios for chips a long time ago. I need something besides fruits and vegetables. Finger food. 

My husband took the day off to watch the kids. I’m so grateful.  He’s been gone a few hours. They’re probably at a park. Might at well enjoy the warm sun before the snow comes in this weekend. Ugh

what kind of infection do you have? Are you about thru with the AB’s?

39 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

Thank you for the encouragement! Us grandmas need to stick together!

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

11 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

grandkids

I have 2 grandchildren; a boy who is 7 and a girl 2 and a half. They live 15 minutes from me which is such a blessing.

I've been a widow for almost 14 years. I was 49 at the time with two kids still at home in middle school and high school, and one away at college at the time. Being sick really makes me miss my husband all over again. No one to talk things over with or to help decide what to do about it. I have great kids and lots of family and friends, so I'm very fortunate in that.

I really need to work on my diet. Still too much sugar at times. I always miss crunchy when I take most of the carbs out of my diet. I'm going to sit down and figure out a plan. I might feel a lot better on healthier food!

Right now I have a sinus infection. I've had lots of problems getting it to clear up since my bout with the flu in January. I hope this time it goes away! Three more days on antibiotics!

Off to bed now! Have a nice weekend!

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

On 3/22/2018 at 1:36 AM, Littlegrandma said:

Hi

i have a question and would love any opinions I can get. 

On mar 2, I reduced my lexapro 5% down to 4.3 mg. After a week of usual symptoms-headache, nausea, burning skin, pins and needles, head pressure, anxiety, early morning cortisol rush, etc etc, I then had a decent week. Not great but do-able. Mainly fatigue, but not the trembling anxiety. It was like my body went aaaah, less lexapro. Then all hell broke loose and symptoms ramped up to as bad or worse than they’ve ever been. 

It has been a stressful couple weeks with my daughter having surgery and caring for her and the kids, 2 pre-schoolers, 12 hrs a day. I’ve not been eating as well, as I don’t seem to have time even though I’m making sure the family is getting nutritious meals. It’s been go go with little time to unwind and relax. 

Anyway, before the chaos began, my body seemed to be happier with less lexapro on board. 

Question is- should I taper another 5% now( it’s been 20 days). Things aren’t going to settle down around here for about 2 months. I don’t want that to interfere with my taper. 

Anxiety has been sky high. I have burning gut from bellybutton down and feels like every organ in my body hurts. I haven’t stopped crying for a couple days. The dp/ dr are worse than ever. I know this is not typical anxiety pre-lexapro. 

Just wondering if you all think I should hold a little while longer or go forward with my taper. After my last couple tapers, overall my body was happier. 

Thanks for any insight and opinions. xx lg

Hi LG. I can see that you are understandably conflicted about which way to go from here, but I would probably take the safer option, if I were you and perhaps wait a few more weeks, before tapering again. Could you possibly keep some notes during this time, so that we have a clearer idea of all your symptoms and exactly how you are feeling, at the end of this period. This may make it easier to make a decision as to whether to taper or not, in a few weeks when that decision time rolls around again.

"It was like my body went aaaah, less lexapro. Then all hell broke loose and symptoms ramped up to as bad or worse than they’ve ever been."

It seems that you are doing a bit of a dance between slowly tapering to avoid W/D symptoms but also maybe having too much in your system, and just not handling it (side effects etc) It's quite a hard place to be in ( between a rock and a hard place ) however, you are slowly getting there, with a little patience on your part. I think you have done amazingly well and you have kept a good attitude throughout this, which is really everything and half the battle during this journey.  :)

I'm glad to see that you are tweaking your diet for the better, and I noticed that you had been listening to Dr Kelly Brogan as well. She's great isn't she? I've been reading her book "A Mind  of Your Own", and I just love everything she says and totally agree with her whole outlook on healing, psych drugs and the medical profession as a whole. I was watching this video today, so I'll post it here for you : as I know you are interested in natural healing and are open to trying new ideas and modalities with a positive attitude.

Kelly Brogan believes that diet is one of the major foundations for healing  ~ she will not even consider working with patients who will not stick to her dietary protocol. As you already know, she employs other modalities like Kundalini Yoga, meditation and deep breathing etc. as well as other treatments adding to the whole process. She looks on it as an awakening journey, and I also like to see it in this way ~ it makes it seem less time wasting and much more fulfilling, whilst also quelling that anger that still resides in me about how we got here.

I have just found a Kundalini Yoga centre here, that I'm going to try out. I hope you try it too , and we can compare notes. ;)

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

On 3/23/2018 at 5:18 AM, AliG said:

Hi LG. I can see that you are understandably conflicted about which way to go from here, but I would probably take the safer option, if I were you and perhaps wait a few more weeks, before tapering again. Could you possibly keep some notes during this time, so that we have a clearer idea of all your symptoms and exactly how you are feeling, at the end of this period. This may make it easier to make a decision as to whether to taper or not, in a few weeks when that decision time rolls around again.

"It was like my body went aaaah, less lexapro. Then all hell broke loose and symptoms ramped up to as bad or worse than they’ve ever been."

It seems that you are doing a bit of a dance between slowly tapering to avoid W/D symptoms but also maybe having too much in your system, and just not handling it (side effects etc) It's quite a hard place to be in ( between a rock and a hard place ) however, you are slowly getting there, with a little patience on your part. I think you have done amazingly well and you have kept a good attitude throughout this, which is really everything and half the battle during this journey.  :)

I'm glad to see that you are tweaking your diet for the better, and I noticed that you had been listening to Dr Kelly Brogan as well. She's great isn't she? I've been reading her book "A Mind  of Your Own", and I just love everything she says and totally agree with her whole outlook on healing, psych drugs and the medical profession as a whole. I was watching this video today, so I'll post it here for you : as I know you are interested in natural healing and are open to trying new ideas and modalities with a positive attitude.

Kelly Brogan believes that diet is one of the major foundations for healing  ~ she will not even consider working with patients who will not stick to her dietary protocol. As you already know, she employs other modalities like Kundalini Yoga, meditation and deep breathing etc. as well as other treatments adding to the whole process. She looks on it as an awakening journey, and I also like to see it in this way ~ it makes it seem less time wasting and much more fulfilling, whilst also quelling that anger that still resides in me about how we got here.

I have just found a Kundalini Yoga centre here, that I'm going to try out. I hope you try it too , and we can compare notes. ;)

Ali

Hi Ali

i really appreciate you taking the time to read my thread and reach out to me. 

Ive been trying to find my words before getting back to you. Still having trouble........

anxiety has ramped up even more in the last few days. Even with Ativan and a beta blocker on board, my resting heart rate is high. Yesterday it was 125. No batteries for BP monitor, but I could tell it was high. I can’t describe my symptoms, but yesterday I was sure I was dying. Flu- like, nausea, out of it, burning skin, dizzy, wobbly, heart racing with fluttering, restless yet fatigued. Just walking in the house, I felt like I would pass out. 

With ativan and lunesta, only sleeping a few restless hours a night. The Ativan seems to help less and less each day. Each time I take my meds, they feel toxic. I’m not getting the short time relief I once was. 

My diet has been good. I drink 2-3 smoothies a day with mixed fruits and veggies. I add coconut oil, flaxseed, chia seeds, turmeric. I have an egg each day. Usually peanut butter. And a good dinner with meat, veggies, salad. I have followed up with my plan  to go gluten and dairy free. Stomach pains are better. 

I havent started kundalini. Sounds silly, but haven’t felt well enough. I am taking breaths and trying to meditate. Legs up the wall increases nausea and anxiety. 

My husband sees me as getting worse and wants me to see a dr. Today is day 24 of my 5% taper of lex. Feel worse each day. Don’t mind saying I’m frightened. 

Not sure what to do. Up til now, I’ve been mostly keeping up with housework and always personal hygiene. But it’s getting harder and harder. Anxiety and HR have got me near paralyzed. I’m back to wanting to just dump it all and suffer whatever happens. I’m not sure it can get worse than this. 

Thanks ali. Hope you can make sense of this. I’m not thinking very clearly.       Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t seen a whole lot on the forum about cortisone shots during wd. I have much calcium buildup on tendon in my rotator cuff. Dr suggested phys therapy, which I don’t have time for, and cortisone shot. I’m desperate for relief as the pain gets worse each day lifting kids and just general life movement. 

Dr said give it some time to think about it. He did drug checker against my meds. But I don’t think he quite understood when I told him I was worrying about it interfering with wd.  He didn’t think it would be a problem, as it’s not a brain med, but wants me to be sure before I go ahead with it. I’ve never had cortisone before so no prior experiences to compare it to. 

Anybody??

any experience during a taper and wd?

thanks

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

On 4/5/2018 at 8:00 AM, Littlegrandma said:

I haven’t seen a whole lot on the forum about cortisone shots during wd. I have much calcium buildup on tendon in my rotator cuff. Dr suggested phys therapy, which I don’t have time for, and cortisone shot. I’m desperate for relief as the pain gets worse each day lifting kids and just general life movement. 

Dr said give it some time to think about it. He did drug checker against my meds. But I don’t think he quite understood when I told him I was worrying about it interfering with wd.  He didn’t think it would be a problem, as it’s not a brain med, but wants me to be sure before I go ahead with it. I’ve never had cortisone before so no prior experiences to compare it to. 

Anybody??

any experience during a taper and wd?

thanks

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

5 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Sorry LG:

I don't know anything about cortisone shots. I have taken cortisone (prednisone) pills a couple of times during WD and they didn't seem to bother me.

Hows the nausea? Mine kicked up this morning :(

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie 

sorry the nausea is back. I sure understand it. It’s pretty much a constant with me. 

I suppose the pills would be comparable to a shot. I might have to take my chances. I would have to wait til Monday now anyway. I’ll see if I get a response from anybody else. 

Thank you. Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

1 minute ago, Littlegrandma said:

Thanks Frogie 

sorry the nausea is back. I sure understand it. It’s pretty much a constant with me. 

I suppose the pills would be comparable to a shot. I might have to take my chances. I would have to wait til Monday now anyway. I’ll see if I get a response from anybody else. 

Thank you. Lg

Good luck! I haven't had any nausea for a couple of weeks then I wake up with it this morning. But I had a peanut butter/chocolate cupcake last night and wonder if that did it.

Let me know what you find out.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Little Grandma - 

You had so many really drastic drops last August, that I reckon you may still be getting thrashed around from that, even though it is 8-9 months later.  Lexapro is a really strong drug, and needs to be treated with respect (but I guess you've learned that)

On 3/22/2018 at 6:01 AM, Littlegrandma said:

. I was listening to dr Kelly brogan last night and she swears by kundalini yoga.

Actually, I don't recommend that one for withdrawal, as it is an activating and energizing practice.  I do love Kelly Brogan, and Kundalini may be excellent for overall health, but does not take into account the sensitivity of withdrawal.  I've been doing yoga for 42 years, and like acupuncture, yoga needs to be calming right now, not energizing.  Kundalini is a practice that is meant to be monitored by a guru, so that he can keep the practice in balance (but honestly, I don't trust that, either).  I would suggest something more gentle.

If walking in place is helpful, how about chi gung?

Or for a more active practice - 

Likewise, looking at Kelly Brogans 4 essential supplements for health, pure gelatine is very rough on the digestive system.  It is better to drink bone broth, more gentle, and actually heals the gut.  There are collagen supplements that help in the way that gelatine does - but you might not be ready to look at those yet.

On 4/5/2018 at 11:00 PM, Littlegrandma said:

Doctors want to give cortisone for everything.  It reduces inflammation, and gives you a break.  (but inflammation is what causes healing to take place, that's why it exists)

It sounds like the break you need is to stop lifting children.  I know when my body gives me fits, I have to change the way I do things, or it won't get better.

Even my osteopath was pro-cortisone shot, and he's usually a natural kinda guy.  He was surprised to learn that people do have reactions to them.  Hubby had a shoulder cortisone shot (it was MRI guided, too), and he had hiccups for 72 hours.  We ended up taking him to hospital for hiccups, and they gave him an antipsychotic/neuroleptic (heavy tranquilizer) to knock them down.  I've heard of other people on antidepressants who got "riled up" - hyperactive on the cortisone shot.

When my back went out earlier this year, I refused the cortisone.  I was lucky, and had a doctor who had all kinds of different injections, and he was able to help me without cortisone.

On the other hand, others have had the cortisone and it has put them back on their feet again.  It's a hard choice.  Any time you are putting a substance in your body, you are taking a risk.  

I can tell you what cortisone won't do:  it won't make the kids any lighter, it won't dissolve the calcium deposit, and in fact, may make the joint more brittle later.

Maybe your body is telling you to take it easier.  I know it's easy to say, harder to actually do (especially with children), but maybe "Grandma can't lift you anymore" might be part of your healing protocol.  That, and, if you can get good Physical Therapy (ultrasound usually feels good) and use magnesium baths and warm wheat packs, that will help, too.

Sorry I don't have something more decisive - like "do it!" or "don't do it!" Ultimately, it's a decision for you to make.

I hope you see the sun today!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Jan

thanks for the sound advice!!

im definitely holding on my taper awhile. Omg, it has been so bad the last few days, I don’t want to think about dropping right now. 

I learned the hard way from accupuncture. I will heed your warning on the kundalini. Definitely going to try the Qi Gong. Anything too stimulating ramps up my anxiety and tinnitus. 

And i will forego the cortisone shot. I would worry about it if not in wd. My shoulder is actually getting a little bit better with ice, my own physical therapy and less child lifting. The little one just turned 2, so in some cases I have no choice but he now wants to climb into the car seat, high chair by himself. Getting more independent. 

So bizarre that your hubby got hiccups from the shot. That would drive a person crazy. How could he possibly sleep?

im glad you mentioned gelatin being tough on the digestive system. I was going to look into next time I got to the health food store. I’ll look at bone broth instead. I’m having bad burning gut. 

So, when do I know it’s time for a taper? I’m hoping to get some stability and enjoy the spring and summer a bit. My biggest concern is tolerance wd from Ativan while still trying to taper the lex. I’m thinking I might do nothing for awhile, stabilize on the lex for several months, and then a micro taper off the Ativan. If I was off that, I wouldn’t care if it took me years to get off the lex. 

And I hope you see the sun today! 

Seriously, it snowed here most of the day. Crazy spring weather! But up to 70F in a few days. 

Thanks for your help. Lg

10 hours ago, JanCarol said:

Hey Little Grandma - 

You had so many really drastic drops last August, that I reckon you may still be getting thrashed around from that, even though it is 8-9 months later.  Lexapro is a really strong drug, and needs to be treated with respect (but I guess you've learned that)

Actually, I don't recommend that one for withdrawal, as it is an activating and energizing practice.  I do love Kelly Brogan, and Kundalini may be excellent for overall health, but does not take into account the sensitivity of withdrawal.  I've been doing yoga for 42 years, and like acupuncture, yoga needs to be calming right now, not energizing.  Kundalini is a practice that is meant to be monitored by a guru, so that he can keep the practice in balance (but honestly, I don't trust that, either).  I would suggest something more gentle.

If walking in place is helpful, how about chi gung?

Or for a more active practice - 

Likewise, looking at Kelly Brogans 4 essential supplements for health, pure gelatine is very rough on the digestive system.  It is better to drink bone broth, more gentle, and actually heals the gut.  There are collagen supplements that help in the way that gelatine does - but you might not be ready to look at those yet.

Doctors want to give cortisone for everything.  It reduces inflammation, and gives you a break.  (but inflammation is what causes healing to take place, that's why it exists)

It sounds like the break you need is to stop lifting children.  I know when my body gives me fits, I have to change the way I do things, or it won't get better.

Even my osteopath was pro-cortisone shot, and he's usually a natural kinda guy.  He was surprised to learn that people do have reactions to them.  Hubby had a shoulder cortisone shot (it was MRI guided, too), and he had hiccups for 72 hours.  We ended up taking him to hospital for hiccups, and they gave him an antipsychotic/neuroleptic (heavy tranquilizer) to knock them down.  I've heard of other people on antidepressants who got "riled up" - hyperactive on the cortisone shot.

When my back went out earlier this year, I refused the cortisone.  I was lucky, and had a doctor who had all kinds of different injections, and he was able to help me without cortisone.

On the other hand, others have had the cortisone and it has put them back on their feet again.  It's a hard choice.  Any time you are putting a substance in your body, you are taking a risk.  

I can tell you what cortisone won't do:  it won't make the kids any lighter, it won't dissolve the calcium deposit, and in fact, may make the joint more brittle later.

Maybe your body is telling you to take it easier.  I know it's easy to say, harder to actually do (especially with children), but maybe "Grandma can't lift you anymore" might be part of your healing protocol.  That, and, if you can get good Physical Therapy (ultrasound usually feels good) and use magnesium baths and warm wheat packs, that will help, too.

Sorry I don't have something more decisive - like "do it!" or "don't do it!" Ultimately, it's a decision for you to make.

I hope you see the sun today!

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Mod Question

need help and advice please 

So today is day 47 of a 5% taper of lexapro. It has been a tough month and a half, with the exception of a decent week towards the beginning of that drop. 

I am suffering constant anxiety. Stomach burn. Organs hurting. Body pain, especially legs. Burning skin. Pressure in head, brain feels like it’s in a vice. Ear pressure and pain. Same with eyes. Headache. Nausea. Dp/dr is relentless. 

I’m really torn between the idea of protracted wd and the lex just not agreeing with me.  I’ve had so few windows in 10 months. Never whole days. I used to get relief in the evening but not anymore. Anxiety is 24/7. 

But my question really isnt about another lex cut. I’m willing to hold it right now. I’m more concerned about the lunesta and Ativan, as I think I might be in tolerance wd. 

I did talk talk to Shep a couple weeks ago about starting a micro taper of the lunesta. The morning ativan/ lunesta hangover is too much. My brain is not bouncing back at all during the day. I live in a constant state of heavy fog. I am not functioning well on most days. 

If if I hold the lex taper for a long while, as I plan to do, and start a micro taper much later, it’ll take me years to get off of it completely. I do not want to live years more with the Ativan and lunesta. I think they are making my problems way worse. 

So, I got my scale delivered yesterday and am thinking about starting a micro taper of the lunesta. I would love feedback on this idea please. And I don’t know how to use the scale or how to micro taper lunesta but would like some advice. 

I will I’ll send a message to Shep again, but I know she will want me to talk to you on the ad side also. 

( if anybody could copy this to the benzo forum, that would be great). 

I am at at the end of my tether. I losing the oomph to fight this anymore. I feel like I’m going backwards. Very scared. I really believe the Ativan and lunesta are problematic and would like to start eliminating them. 

SOS

thanks lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

I'm so sorry you're suffering like this,lg.

wish I could help you....hope the mods can.

thinking of you and sending big healing hugs.

love,ds

xx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Oh, thanks DS. I hope you’ve gotten some relief from your agony. I haven’t been around much lately. Sometimes the forum is too much!!

big hugs back to you😘

love xx  lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

yeah I get stressed out reading about so much suffering on here but I can't stay away for too long.

I guess misery does love company.:(

take care,ds

xx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Lg,

You've gotten this far which makes you a fighter!

You WILL get through and over this mental hurdle as we're all here to support you :)

You are still going forwards in your recovery.

Hang in there Lg, you're tougher than you think, but this WD recovery malarkey gets to us all at some point.

I had my first nosebleed today (virtually in my whole life), was probably due to the large quantity of bleach I was using when cleaning the bathrooms and reaching 0mg yesterday.

HUGS,

JC xx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Hi LG,

I am so sorry you continue to go through so much.  As JC said, you are a fighter and will get through this.  

I am thinking about you and sending big hugs - WR.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg; 4/27/24: 1.06 mg; 5/4/24: 1.04 mg

29 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Oh, thanks DS. I hope you’ve gotten some relief from your agony. I haven’t been around much lately. Sometimes the forum is too much!!

big hugs back to you😘

love xx  lg

I sent you a PM back.

You truly are amazingly! Going through all of this and taking care of the kiddos.

Keep your chin up. I'm here if you need to talk.

Take care,

Frogie xx

You guys are all the best. Thank you. We’re all in the fight of our lives, for our lives. Remember when life was so simple, when we thought it was difficult?  Hah!

You know, when you didn’t have the perfect shirt to go with the pants you wanted to wear for girls night out. Or you just couldn’t think of something new to make for dinner?  And you had to run to the flower shop again cuz you didn’t buy enough flats?  Or you forgot to record the game for your husband?

or being bored at the park with the kids cuz it’s the 4th day in a row? 

Whats boring is my family room walls for the 10th month in a row. 

You guys have made it a little cheerier today. I wish you could come over and watch a good chick flick with me and we could all have a good cry. 

JC, 0 mg?  How wonderful. Congratulations. 🎉 ah, only in my dreams. Besides the nose bleed, I hope you are feeling good. I’ve never had a nose bleed either. Knock wood. But I bet it was the bleach. Probably didn’t have enough ventilation. These drugs do really scary things to a human body. Although I feel more alien than human. 

Hang in there everybody!! Thanks for the kind words.  Love lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

47 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

big hugs back to you😘

love xx  lg

Hi lg sorry to hear you are still going through this painful process that we are all struggling through.. just wanted to let you know that I have been going through that up and down process which seem to be every other day.. on those down days I desperately want to give up and at least hide but more wanting to curse life for making me go through this when I feel like I have treated people around me with fairness and kindness and with my family with self destructive over generosity.. I feel like at my age getting close to 70 I DESERVE to get some breaks and have a happier carefree life and not bouncing off the walls and fearing what will come next in life.  I admit I spend a lot of time feeling sorry for myself... But I guess this is the hand life has dealt us.. I hope there is a heaven because I DESERVE to be there! Lol

Zoloft . On 10-15 years started 100 mg last dose 200mg tapered to zero in one month.. psych dr advise Last dose:  50mg Zoloft in February 2017

5mg  Olanzipine - 1 -2 yrs last dose 5 mg in Jan 2017 told to stop within a weEk

NOTE:  had very bad withdrawal symptoms with discontinuation of Zoloft and Olanzipine.. very very seriously suicidal... 

450mg Effexor XR - started at 75mg a couple of years ago, increasing every few months until I got to 450mg

beginning in February to July 22 - 450, 300, 150, 75, 37.5 , 16.5 mg

Yes Lg, I remember those carefree days well - that's what we all pine for I think.

The nosebleed was short-lived but alarmed me as I never get them.

A chick flick would be wonderful!

Hugs,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome