Carmie: accidently doubling up on Seroquel one day while tapering

Carmie

• Moderator Emeritus

Just put my latest drop in my signature, I had to hold for nearly two and a half months to stabilise from a drop that was just over 1%. 

Each little drop is in the right direction though✔️

Onwards and upwards🎈🎈🎈

Hope everyone is coping the best they can🧡

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg. 2020➡️5.60 to 4.80. 2021➡️4.60 to 4.0.  2022➡️3.95 to 3.55. 2023➡️ From 3.50 to 3.25.  2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️May1=3.05✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

Laughter is so good for us! Yesterday when I was on the phone ☎️ to a friend we had an in-depth conversation, but also laughter. 

I’m watching something funny now📺 to put a smile on my face😁

I need more laughter in my life, it’s not always easy but it’s certainly a worthwhile goal to have. 

Well it’s back to my show🧡

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg. 2020➡️5.60 to 4.80. 2021➡️4.60 to 4.0.  2022➡️3.95 to 3.55. 2023➡️ From 3.50 to 3.25.  2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️May1=3.05✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

@Carmie

5 hours ago, Carmie said:

Laughter is so good for us! Yesterday when I was on the phone ☎️ to a friend we had an in-depth conversation, but also laughter. 

I’m watching something funny now📺 to put a smile on my face😁

I need more laughter in my life, it’s not always easy but it’s certainly a worthwhile goal to have. 

Well it’s back to my show🧡

I have also found watching funny shows and comedies to be helpful. I like stand-up comedy, too, although of course it depends on the comic. 

Good luck with your latest drop! <3

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

August 2021 - 2mg melatonin   August 1, 2022 - 1mg melatonin   March 31, 2023 - 0mg melatonin

2024 supplements update: electrolyte blend in water sipped throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil blend w/ morning meal (incl. vit. A+D+E); calcium; vitamin C+zinc

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

Good on you for pressing on with your taper Carmie <3

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

• Moderator Emeritus
On 6/19/2022 at 6:31 PM, Ariel said:

@Carmie

I have also found watching funny shows and comedies to be helpful. I like stand-up comedy, too, although of course it depends on the comic. 

Good luck with your latest drop! ❤️

22 hours ago, hayduke said:

Good on you for pressing on with your taper Carmie ❤️

Hello lovely people, how are you faring today Hayduke and Ariel?

I’m glad to hear you enjoy a bit of laughter too Ariel. I’ve been watching “ Would I lie to you? “ and some of the scenarios they come up with are absolutely hilarious. I love listening to David Mitchell, he’s such an intellect. 

I can do small talk, but when I’m with friends I really like going deep, but also having laughs as well. I loooooove having heart to hearts, really getting to the essence of people. I just love people, and now that I’ve learnt about toxic people I can see red flags a mile away. No more toxic people in my life. I’m also wary of people love bombing you in the beginning of friendships too. 

I’m now giving attention to beautiful people that are worthy of attention. I’ve spent so much time on people in the past that were  rooting for me to fail, that wished the worst on me.

If I knew better back then I wouldn’t have wasted so much time on them, but I was a people pleaser. When people made me feel guilty I would try and get their approval. Silly me!! No more!!

I don’t know who has been following the JD and AH case, or who knows what I’m talking about, but I’ve been following it for many years as I can totally relate to it. I was following it way before the English court case, and that was totally biased. I couldn’t believe the verdict. I read all the court documents. AH reminds me of so many people I’ve dealt with in my life. 

I had to skip quite a bit of the latest court case as I hate swearing and there was quite a bit of swearing. Narcissists are the worst!!! I wasn’t sure if JD would win the defamation case as it’s hard to win them. I’m grateful he did though. I don’t agree with all the drug taking etc they both did, but I feel his pain. He had an emotionally abusive mum, both my parents were like that. 

Well, Hayduke and Ariel, thank you so much for wishing me the best in my latest drop. A lot of the time, it really starts to hit me around day five or six, although recently after the drop before this one it just seemed to be constant. So far I’m doing okay in this drop. I’m in a window🎉🎉🎉

Who knows how long this window🪟 will last or how it came about? I did take a little bit of magnesium recently, again I’m not sure if that did anything. In the past it actually ramped up my symptoms.

I haven’t been able to take any supplements in the last three days as I have to do a microbiome test tomorrow. Good ol’ poop test. My integrative Dr is thorough.

Anyway, I think I’m going to chill now, sending big hugs🤗🤗🤗🤗

28 minutes ago, Carmie said:

I love listening to David Mitchell, he’s such an intellect. 

He's hilarious, Peep Show is like the Brit equivalent of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I was brought up a "people pleaser" too, and it's been good to work through that and be more assertive about my needs without too much spilt milk.

Also good to not entangle yourself with people who aren't really that good for you at heart.

Glad you're having a window.  I am not on here that much lately, life just keeps making busy!  Been at yoga tonight, that was really nice.

Was reading up on fasting again, I'm not sure if you're in a good position to do it, might be worth asking your doctor though if they're any good.  It really is helpful for a lot of things and I've read that it can ease autoimmune problems.  It is well known to be restorative to the immune system and general tidy-up in the organism.  Apparently even new stem cells are generated in the process.

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

• Moderator Emeritus
11 minutes ago, hayduke said:

He's hilarious, Peep Show is like the Brit equivalent of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I was brought up a "people pleaser" too, and it's been good to work through that and be more assertive about my needs without too much spilt milk.

Also good to not entangle yourself with people who aren't really that good for you at heart.

Glad you're having a window.  I am not on here that much lately, life just keeps making busy!  Been at yoga tonight, that was really nice.

Was reading up on fasting again, I'm not sure if you're in a good position to do it, might be worth asking your doctor though if they're any good.  It really is helpful for a lot of things and I've read that it can ease autoimmune problems.  It is well known to be restorative to the immune system and general tidy-up in the organism.  Apparently even new stem cells are generated in the process.

Hey there again Hayduke, 

I really do like David Mitchell, but I haven’t watched the peep show as there’s too much swearing, I’m not into swearing. I really like people you can have a good intellectual conversation with though. 

So you’ve been a people pleaser too, it’s due to childhood trauma. I’m coming out of the people pleasing mode slowly, no longer allowing toxic behaviour. All the people I allow in my inner circle now no longer drain me. 

I think I’m annoyed at myself, I let people use me and make me feel bad about myself. I’m certainly a continual work in progress, but I don’t allow people to drain me anymore. Who would have thought I’d learn such a thing as boundaries😂😂

I never had boundaries in the past. I didn’t even know what they were. 

Fasting is great Hayduke, I totally agree. I’ve done tons of intermittent fasting. Actually since I did intermittent fasting I stopped eating breakfast and I still don’t eat breakfast. I actually feel worse if I eat breakfast. I don’t eat until noon, though to do intermittent fasting I’d have to stop eating earlier in the evening again. 

I’ve done 24 hour fasts too. Yes, fasting is good for autoimmunity. Have you checked out Dr Mindy Pelz on YouTube? She explains everything really well. 

Yes, it’s good to be in a window, it’s been like this for a few days. Let see how long it lasts😁

It’s nearly 9pm now, I’m going to take my meds and chill. I’m actually getting some groceries delivered soon, which include frozen raspberries and smoked salmon. I can taste them already 😆

So glad you’re doing well Hayduke🤗

• Moderator Emeritus

Been awake since about 4am this morning I think. I’m still in a window, not sure how long that will last, but I’m happy it’s there for now🪟

I have to do a microbiome test today💩🧫. Haven’t had to go as yet😁, it’s 7am now. I have to send it to the lab via express post📮. Such a fun thing to be doing today😜

Actually, I used to do colonic irrigation for work once upon a time, for about a year or so. 

I don’t have the strength to get up as yet. One of my husband’s support workers is bringing him around today. He just stays in the car🚘 and we social distance. I have to be very careful due to my lungs🫁.

He’s not very mobile either, he gets taken out in a wheelchair. He can walk, but needs a walker as he’s unsteady on his feet. We never use the walker when we take him out as he’s so unsteady and prone to falling. He does use it in the care home, but a lot of the time he’s in his wheelchair👨🏻‍🦽

Well I hope you’re all coping as best as you can, I’m still waiting for the call of nature so I can do my poop test😁.

Take care🧡

• Moderator Emeritus

Well, I’m still in a window since my last drop 6 days ago. Woohoo! I think the last hold of two and a half months helped. I’ve only been dropping by over 1% but the waves that have been hitting me have been enormous. I guess all the stress with my other health problems hasn’t helped. 

I’m wondering if the liquid magnesium from my integrative doctor might be helping a little too. I couldn’t take magnesium in the past because it really ramped up my withdrawal symptoms. I’m starting with really small doses of magnesium now and see if I can slowly up them. So far, so good.

I had a three day break from supplements because I had to do a microbiome test and wasn’t allowed to take any, but I’m still in a window. So not sure if the magnesium is what is helping a little or not. Who knows? I only started the magnesium recently, but I’m feeling a little more settled than I have been for ages. 

I’m off to my natural therapist at the other end of the City soon, a friend is driving me. The friend who was going to take me has been in contact with someone who might have Covid, so I had to ask someone else at the last minute, who was  more than happy to help. I’m soooooooo grateful for my friends, I hate asking people for things, but I’m learning to let people help me. 

Hope everyone is hanging in there🧡

So glad you’re in a window @Carmie. I hope it lasts a long while!! 
You sound brighter. It’s good to be surrounded by friends.I like to be around people as it takes my mind off how I’m feeling. 
I’m glad you’re feeling the benefit of taking magnesium and hope this continues. 

Keep going you’re heading in the right direction 👍

Nov 2018 Pregabalin 2x50 mg a day to help with Paxil WD. Aug 2019 2 x 25mg a day, April 2020 45mg, May 40mg, June 35mg, July 30mg, end July 25mg, Aug 24mg, June 2021 14mg, Jan 2022 14mg (2x7mg a day), Oct 10mg, Nov 5mg, December 25th 2022 0mg 🎈

Oct 2004 - Oct 2018 Paxil 20 mg, Nov 15mg, Dec 10mg,  Feb 2019 7.5mg crashed, Feb 8.5mg, Nov 8mg, March 2020 7.2mg, April 6.5mg, May 5.9mg, June 5.4mg, July 4.8mg, Dec 4.5mg, Jan 2021 4mg, Feb 3.6mg, March 3.2mg, April 2.9mg, Aug 2.7mg, Sept 2.4mg, Oct 2.2mg, Nov 2mg, Dec 1.8mg, Feb 2022 1.6mg, March 1.4mg, April 1.2mg, May 1.0mg, June 0.8mg, July 0.6mg, Aug 0.4mg, Sep 0.2mg, October 6th 2022 0mg  🎈

December 25th 2022 drug free 

these dates are approximate 

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Longroadhome said:

So glad you’re in a window @Carmie. I hope it lasts a long while!! 
You sound brighter. It’s good to be surrounded by friends.I like to be around people as it takes my mind off how I’m feeling. 
I’m glad you’re feeling the benefit of taking magnesium and hope this continues. 

Keep going you’re heading in the right direction 👍

Thanks Longroadhome, 

Windows are definitely always nice. I’m feeling a little brighter in general, though I still shed tears here and there. I’m just trying to keep in mind that this autoimmune flare will die down again one of these days. 

Found out today that even though the vaccine caused the flare up last October it’s the Epstein Barr virus in my body that’s keeping the flare going now. So many things can trigger flares and keep them going. I’m just trying to focus on the times I have been in remission. 

If there’s anything too active in my body my immune system will not only attack it, but will also attack my lungs. Time to get the Epstein Barr a little more dormant now. 

Yes, I think the magnesium is helping a little bit with withdrawals. I had such a bad reaction to magnesium in the past, it really ramped up my symptoms. My integrative doctor has me starting on really small doses of supplements. She really listens. I really am grateful I found her. 

Onwards and upwards🧡

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay, time to do a gratitude list again. I haven’t done one for a little while. 

1. I’m lovely and cosy lying on my bed with the heater🔥 on, the warming glow of the heater is so calming. I just have a bar heater and the glow of it is just as calming as the heat coming from it. 

Even when it’s only a little cool I still like it on as it soothes me. I probably won’t feel as soothed when my electricity bill comes😁 but I think it’s worth it for my comfort and emotional well-being. When one is struggling all the time it’s nice to have these little luxuries. 

2. I’ve enjoyed a couple of Epsom salt baths the last two days🛁 Because the Epstein Barr virus has flared up again my lymphatic system isn’t doing too great and these baths are good for lymphatic drainage. My glands are swollen and I’ve got a sore throat, and off course the virus is keeping my autoimmune flare going. I need to get the EBV as dormant as possible so my immune system might calm down a little again. I’ll probably have daily baths for a week or longer. I usually just have a quick shower. 

When one’s nervous system is shot from withdrawals it’s hard just lying in the tub doing nothing. I always need to read or listen to something when I’m in there📚

3. And speaking of reading I finally finished a novel I started a million years ago, I did start and finish another novel before then. I’ve just started a new novel called “ The Lincoln Highway.” I’ve been getting recommendations from friends and so far I’ve enjoyed all the recommendations📖. Due to brain fog sometimes it takes forever to finish something. 

4. Had a Zoom meeting with friends this morning, good ol’ technology👍

5. Am going to make a yummy lunch soon, I’m going to have some veggies and salmon🐟

6. I’m extremely grateful that I was still able to get to my natural therapist’s appointment at the other end of town on Wednesday. The friend who was going to take me may have been in contact with someone with Covid so I couldn’t risk her taking me. Another dear friend was extremely kind and drove me there🚗and I couldn’t thank her enough. If you cancel at the last minute you still have to pay for the appointment and it’s not cheap. 

7. I’m grateful I’m still tolerating the magnesium liquid, I’ll see how I go if I slowly up it in the future. If my body won’t let me, at least I can still tolerate some. Also, the Epsom salt baths would be getting magnesium into my system as well. 

8. I’m grateful for books📚📚

9. I’m grateful for YouTube 📺, there are so many interesting and informative subjects. It’s also good for distracting oneself, got to love those distractions. 

10. I’m grateful for home delivery🍎🥬🥑🍠🥩

Okay, I’m off to make some lunch. I don’t eat breakfast and it’s about 12.30pm now. I’m really craving sweet potato and salmon. I’m on AIP, which is an anti inflammatory diet and I actually crave veggies etc now. I don’t crave junk food whatsoever, one’s taste buds change according to what one is eating I guess. 

Take care one and all🧡

Hi @Carmie

Thank you  for sharing your gratitude list. I think it’s good you have managed to read a book, even with brain fog. I have just started to buy magazines again after three years of not being able to read anything. 

I’m glad you were able to get to your therapist appointment and that your friend was able to take you. That’s what friends are for. Being there when we need them. I was able to help my friend out when her car was off the road and I picked her up from work. You get a good feeling being able to help out and I’m sure your friend would have been happy to help you. 

im not a lover of sweet potato unless it’s roasted. It’s the only way I can eat it.

Hope you enjoyed your lunch 😊

Nov 2018 Pregabalin 2x50 mg a day to help with Paxil WD. Aug 2019 2 x 25mg a day, April 2020 45mg, May 40mg, June 35mg, July 30mg, end July 25mg, Aug 24mg, June 2021 14mg, Jan 2022 14mg (2x7mg a day), Oct 10mg, Nov 5mg, December 25th 2022 0mg 🎈

Oct 2004 - Oct 2018 Paxil 20 mg, Nov 15mg, Dec 10mg,  Feb 2019 7.5mg crashed, Feb 8.5mg, Nov 8mg, March 2020 7.2mg, April 6.5mg, May 5.9mg, June 5.4mg, July 4.8mg, Dec 4.5mg, Jan 2021 4mg, Feb 3.6mg, March 3.2mg, April 2.9mg, Aug 2.7mg, Sept 2.4mg, Oct 2.2mg, Nov 2mg, Dec 1.8mg, Feb 2022 1.6mg, March 1.4mg, April 1.2mg, May 1.0mg, June 0.8mg, July 0.6mg, Aug 0.4mg, Sep 0.2mg, October 6th 2022 0mg  🎈

• Moderator Emeritus
On 6/25/2022 at 3:12 PM, Longroadhome said:

Hi @Carmie

Thank you  for sharing your gratitude list. I think it’s good you have managed to read a book, even with brain fog. I have just started to buy magazines again after three years of not being able to read anything. 

I’m glad you were able to get to your therapist appointment and that your friend was able to take you. That’s what friends are for. Being there when we need them. I was able to help my friend out when her car was off the road and I picked her up from work. You get a good feeling being able to help out and I’m sure your friend would have been happy to help you. 

im not a lover of sweet potato unless it’s roasted. It’s the only way I can eat it.

Hope you enjoyed your lunch 😊

Hi there Longroadhome, 

Thanks for popping around. Yes, it’s always great when I manage to read a novel through my brain fog. I’m so glad you’ve been able to read a little too. My brain fog isn’t from withdrawals, I’ve had it for nearly 30 years from CFS. I love reading though and I do so when I’m able to. 

So you hate sweet potatoes, I can’t eat normal potatoes because they’re nightshades. I get groceries home delivered, but they never have the white sweet potato, only the orange one. One of these days I might ask one of my friends if they stumble across the white ones to grab me some. They are always asking me if there is anything I need. 

My psychiatrist has just retired. The only reason I go to him is to get a script for the medication I’m tapering from. I’ll have to find someone else now, though I don’t trust psychiatrists whatsoever now. Once I’m off these dreaded meds in a million years I will never, ever touch them again. My hell with these drugs happened because of chronic pain.

I got a script from the local GP the time before last as my psychiatrist was booked out way in advance, but the GP said it’s a once off and I have to get the scripts from my psychiatrist.

I’ll see what my integrative doctor says about this in a couple of weeks time. Maybe she can recommend someone or I can get the scripts from her? I don’t even know what day my appointment is as a friend who’s taking me there made the booking for me. This friend is half my age and she mothers me 😂, she always makes me smile. She’s a nurse and has hit the inner caretaker happening. I’ll have to find out when my appointment is. 

I went and got my biopsy for the thyroid nodules a few days ago and I’ll find out the results next week. One of my other dear friends took me, while I was waiting at the clinic I told her to go up to the shops and have a little look around. She went and had some morning tea and had a little look at the op shops. 

I love op shops, though I haven’t been into a shop to get anything since December last year. I stay away from people as much as possible because of my lungs. The only time I’ve been to the shops was the local shopping centre here to see my local GP, so I could get the referrals for the ultrasound and biopsy. He’s in the shopping centre. After that I just went into the chemist to get my script and that was about it. I do all my shopping online. 

Tomorrow morning if I’m feeling well enough I’m hoping to Zoom with friends, that’s always such a encouragement. I can catch up with friends outdoors in the park near my place too, but I haven’t done a lot of that. One friend just messaged me and said she wants to do that next week, but I’m not sure if that’s going to happen as it might be raining for most of the week. 

Still struggling to breathe each and every day, it’s such torture as it’s been about nine months or so now, it feels like this autoimmune flare will never go into remission. I’m trying to keep my head up though. 

I hope you’re doing okay dear Longroadhome, sending you much love🧡

• Moderator Emeritus

Been feeling miserable due to struggling to breathe so thought I’d write a gratitude list to look at the bright things in my life again: 

1. This morning I caught up with friends via Zoom, though I wasn’t really in a chatty people mood as I’m struggling so much and feeling claustrophobic. I didn’t really even feel like talking at all in the beginning so I mainly listened. After a while though I became chatty and I had some lovely conversations. There were quite a few of us so it didn’t really matter that I didn’t really feel like talking much first up.

I am an extrovert and have no trouble talking to people. I find it easy starting conversations with new people too, but since my flare I’m not always in a people mood. I’m quite contented just chilling on my own, but I know the importance of mingling with my friends. It’s good for one’s emotional well-being. 

The interchange of encouragement always lifts my spirits, and doing nice things for others also lifts my spirits. I don’t meet too many people in person now due to my lungs and all the viruses around, except when they take me for medical and health appointments or if they want to meet in the park around the corner from my place. I’ve only organised that a couple of times though, I’ve just been too sick. I mainly Zoom or talk to friends on the phone. Grateful for all those most precious people that never waiver and stick with me through thick and thin. 

2. I’m grateful for memories. Today at one stage we were talking about animal encounters. I looove animals. We stated reminiscing about all the fun times we’ve had interacting with them. There’s a bird park and botanic gardens that I’ve been to a couple of time which is really cool. You go into the aviary and the birds are just freely flying around everywhere. They fly  on you and they’re so gorgeous. Even the big and bold coloured macaws fly on you. Great photo opportunities.

One of my friends had a bird on her shoe that wouldn’t move and she just kept walking with the bird attached to her shoe. So funny!  I lost a button on my coat that a bird nibbled off, it was very entertaining. They were so adorable.

I’ve been to Australia Zoo a million times too, I just love being around animals. My favourites at the zoo are the meerkats. Saw Steve Irwin there a number of times, he was soooo energetic!! Bindi is the same, I’ve seen the whole family do shows. The animals there are treated really well, they have lots of room. 

4. And speaking of memories I’ve had lots of fun going to concerts in the past. Can’t go anymore now, but I’m grateful I’ve seen so many amazing artists. My taste in music is so broad. I can’t remember every concert I’ve been to as there have been too many, which was so much fun. Some artists I’ve seen were: Imagine Dragons, Twenty One Pilots, Celine Dion, Keith Urban, John Farnham, Belinda Carlisle, Pseudo Echo, 1927, Mental as Anything, Richard Marx, Darryl Braithwaite, Coldplay, Phil Collins, Billy Ocean, Matchbox 20, Icehouse, Josh Groban, Michael Buble, Human Nature etc etc. Such fun! Such lovely memories. I’ve actually got tickets to see Keith Urban again at the end of the year, but I won’t be able to go, I bought them a while ago but the concert got rescheduled due to Covid. 

5. Just to re-emphasised it. I’m grateful for lots of beautiful memories. 

6. I stocked up on syringes, I got a big pack of them. I might get another massive pack just in case that particular brand doesn’t keep making them at some stage. Good ol’ stocking up on things you need. This tapering business is scary stuff and any little change affects me really badly, so stocking up on syringes gives me peace of mind. I use each disposable syringe much more than once too, I use it until the plunger doesn’t glide too well anymore. I put sticky tape over the numbers so that they don’t fade away. 

7. Got some groceries delivered this morning and just had some delicious cherries. 

8. I’ve got plenty of books to read when brain CFS brain fog lets me. I’m really enjoying reading the novel I started recently, but I can only read a little here and there due to my naughty brain.  I looove books, so much better than reading on an iPad. 

9. It’s raining today, rain glorious rain!

10. Still feeling a bit miserable due to my breathing so I’m grateful for distractions. There are sooo many distractions one can use these days to get through the day. I love distractions as they are helpful, but I don’t like just doing that. I like doing things that are important and matter to me too, but when I can’t focus on much distractions at least help me to get through yet another day. 

Well, speaking of getting through something, I managed to get through this gratitude list. 

I’m still in a window, that doesn’t mean I’m without symptoms, but it means they’re bearable. My nerves are shot, but I’m coping okay with this. I think I’ll hold for at least a month and a half after my last tiny drop of just over 1%. My body is so hypersensitive.

Take care everyone 🧡

@Carmie

I love your beautiful list! It lifted my spirits too. The thought of the zoo and animals made me smile. Meerkats are adorable! 

I am a huge Imagine Dragons fan but haven't been to any of their concerts :) I'm really looking forward to seeing Melody Gardot in the fall. 

Good for taking care of yourself and interacting with people in safe places. From one extrovert ro another I know how important those social interactions are. 

Sending you virtual hugs and wishes for the miserable feelings to lift soon, 

OMW

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

• Moderator Emeritus
21 hours ago, Onmyway said:

@Carmie

I love your beautiful list! It lifted my spirits too. The thought of the zoo and animals made me smile. Meerkats are adorable! 

I am a huge Imagine Dragons fan but haven't been to any of their concerts :) I'm really looking forward to seeing Melody Gardot in the fall. 

Good for taking care of yourself and interacting with people in safe places. From one extrovert ro another I know how important those social interactions are. 

Sending you virtual hugs and wishes for the miserable feelings to lift soon, 

OMW

Have a lovely time at the Melody Gardot concert Onmyway, I miss going to concerts but I can’t go anywhere due to my chronic lung issues, 

Have you ever checked out Postmodern Jukebook? They interpret modern songs in a jazzy way. They’ve done a vintage jazz/beatbox interpretation of Imagine Dragon’s Radioactive. It’s brilliant, especially the second half of the video. Also, checkout out the Postmodern Jukebox cover of Creep by Harley Reinhardt. It’s had 107 million views. What a voice!! 

If Imagine Dragons ever come to play near where you live you definitely have to go. The concert was amazing. The instrumentals for Radioactive are mind blowing! So powerful! 

Thank you for your kind words too, I’m not having a good day, my lungs are so inflamed and I was in tears this morning. Struggling to breathe every day is taking its toll. I’m feeling very claustrophobic, one day at a time does it, one hour at a time, one minute at a time. 

Sending you much love🧡

• Moderator Emeritus

Time for another gratitude list. Trying to think of the things that I’m grateful for to lift my spirits. Too braindead to write much though but here goes anyway:

1. It’s raining and I really love the sound of the rain💦💦

2. I caught up with friends via Zoom again this morning, that was a lovely start to my day. 

3. I finally had enough strength to walk one block to the letterbox to send some mail to a friend. 

4. Some friends popped around on the way to a holiday they’re going to and left me a pressie at my front door. It brightened my day to be thought of. Even their young sons had something for me, some artwork they had made and a puzzle for me to solve that they also made. Too cute!

5. I had a yummy lunch, fish and vegetables. 

6. Got a different brand of lysine recently, so happy as it’s easy to swallow, it just glides down. The tablets  I was using were awful, they were massive and I had to cut them in half and they were still rough going down. Don’t think I’ll be getting them again, I’ve been using those ones for a while though, but it’s time we parted ways😁

7. Water. I love drinking water. 

8. I enjoy a green tea here and there, as well as other teas, rooibus is nice too. 

9. I haven’t had the brain power to read much more of my novel over the last few days, but I’m grateful for books and having them here for when I’m able to read. 

10. I love my Galaxy lamp. 

Well, I managed it. Take care one and all🧡

• Moderator Emeritus

I just want to say I’m so extremely sorry for all you beautiful people on this site who are suffering so much, these meds have really done us wrong.

We all have our own individual life experiences on top of withdrawals too. It’s hard enough navigating other health problems, trauma, chronic pain, day to day life etc.

That’s all🧡🧡

❤️❤️❤️

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Hi, @Carmie.  I hope you are having a good day.  Your lists are so wonderful!  I hope your husband is okay. I’m very sorry to hear that you have use social distancing to see him, but I’m glad his caregiver brings him over!  
All my love to you, Carmie, all my love!
Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

• Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, direstraits said:

❤️❤️❤️

6 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Hi, @Carmie.  I hope you are having a good day.  Your lists are so wonderful!  I hope your husband is okay. I’m very sorry to hear that you have use social distancing to see him, but I’m glad his caregiver brings him over!  
All my love to you, Carmie, all my love!
Rosetta

Hey there direstraits and Rosetta, thanks for dropping around to my neck of the woods🌲🌲🌲🌲

I hope that you’re both having a good day. Yes, Rosetta, my husband has great support workers, they are so very helpful. There have been a couple in the past that I’ve had to let go because he didn’t like them, but he’s had lots of amazing ones. He’s got three great external support workers which are all from the same agency now, plus he’s got the support workers where he lives. 

Okay, I think I’m going to do another gratitude list: 

1. It’s nearly 1.30pm and I haven’t had the strength to get out of bed as yet, but I’m so grateful my Telehealth appointment that I just had with my local GP was positive. The biopsy of the nodules didn’t show any cancer. Phew!! I have to have regular scans etc though. Anyway, again, I’m so relieved. 

2. It’s raining again today, am loving the sound of the rain💦💦

3. I’m glad my husband gets to go on lots of outings. Yesterday he went to the beach, before it started raining. Today he’s watching the latest Jurassic movie🦖🦖

4. I just realised I haven’t eaten anything as yet, I don’t eat breakfast, but I usually eat by about 12.30pm or so. Sometimes though I’m not hungry until much later. I have to eat lunch though as I have supplements that need to be taken with food so they don’t upset my stomach.

Anyway, back to the grateful part, I’m grateful for a yummy lunch I’m about to have, it will be something quick and easy and healthy as I don’t have much strength to do a lot today. I might just make some quick sweet potato noodles with tuna. I love tuna, but too much isn’t good because of the high mercury levels.

5. I’m getting some groceries home delivered this afternoon. Home delivery is the best!! 🍠🥬🥦🥩🥑

6. I might make some kale chips later today too, the kale is already chopped up and it’s got olive oil, garlic salt and Himalayan salt on it. 

7. Again, I’m very happy with my new lysine capsules, they just glide down so easily, the coating is smooth. Those other ones I had were just way too hard to swallow, they were kind of rough. I’m grateful that I’m tolerating the supplements my integrative doctor gave me too, just starting on small amounts. 

I’ve now managed to go up to 1ml of magnesium which is 50mg of elemental magnesium twice a day, once after lunch and once after dinner. I’m sooooo happy I’m tolerating it, in the past when I took magnesium it really ramped up my symptoms, but I feel it’s actually helping me now. Maybe it was a different kind of magnesium I took before? I’m not sure. I wonder if I can experiment with different types of fish oil in the future? Who knows? Every fish oil I’ve tried so far though has ramped up my symptoms. It’s usually really beneficial for a lot of people in withdrawals, but it doesn’t seem to like me.

8. My bed is comfy. My puddy tat is lying on the bed too, I’ve propped up the heater on a little table so we can enjoy the warm glow up here on the bed. 

9. I’m grateful for weighted blankets and comfy doonas. 

10. I’m grateful for all types of weather, love the sunshine and love the rain. I haven’t seen snow though since I was a teenager living in Germany. 

Well, that’s about it. I better eat some lunch before it’s dinner time😁 as I have to take my supplements.

Sending much love🤗🧡

Oh what wonderful news @Carmie, so glad the nodules are not cancerous! Pfew! You don't need that in your life right now (or ever!). I absolutely love reading your posts, esp the gratitude lists - it makes me stop and think about all the little things that I am grateful for. Thank you for this. I am grateful for your gratitude lists and for you! 

I have to say that I am not sure fish oil has helped me either. I definitely don't feel it. I can't say for sure that it is making my symptoms much worse but maybe slightly? I have to start taking magnesium again. That one I can actually feel helping. So glad that you are able to tolerate it more now. 

Sending you virtual hugs and a little bit of virtual jumping for joy for no cancer! 

:)

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

• Moderator Emeritus
On 7/5/2022 at 4:33 PM, Onmyway said:

Oh what wonderful news @Carmie, so glad the nodules are not cancerous! Pfew! You don't need that in your life right now (or ever!). I absolutely love reading your posts, esp the gratitude lists - it makes me stop and think about all the little things that I am grateful for. Thank you for this. I am grateful for your gratitude lists and for you! 

I have to say that I am not sure fish oil has helped me either. I definitely don't feel it. I can't say for sure that it is making my symptoms much worse but maybe slightly? I have to start taking magnesium again. That one I can actually feel helping. So glad that you are able to tolerate it more now. 

Sending you virtual hugs and a little bit of virtual jumping for joy for no cancer! 

:)

Thanks for dropping around Onmyway, 

Yes, I’m certainly very happy the nodules weren’t cancerous. Thanks for the jumping for joy, that picture in my head really made my smile😁.It was lovely to see your gratitude list on your thread too. 

Well, speaking of gratitude lists it’s time for another. I was going to write one yesterday, but my CFS brain fog was just so severe, was really struggling to think. Cognition went totally bye byes. Okay, here I go again:

1. Number one really has to be that my nodules were benign, such a relief🎉

2. I had to get some blood tests 🌡done before my next appointment with my integrative doctor. I’ve had the form for a few weeks and I finally got around to doing it. It always feels good when you get something done you’ve been procrastinating about. It’s out of the way now. Yay!

I’ve been putting it off because every time I’m in an enclosed space with someone there’s the risk of catching a virus and with my lungs the way they are I don’t want to end up in hospital. Anyway, I went early, and there was no one else waiting at the pathologists. They bulk billed the tests too so I didn’t have to pay anything. 

3. I’m looking forward to tomorrow, a friend just rang and a group of my friends are coming to catch up with me in the park around the corner from my place. That will be really lovely🌳

4. The other evening I had the music cranked up for about three and a half hours. I hadn’t done that for ages. Music always helped me when I was going through severe waves, but since my immune system started attacking my lungs a few years back I lost all the joy of music. I think my joy is coming back again slowly. 

Actually one thing that always helped me when my waves were bad was knowing I had concerts to look forward too, so I booked heaps of concerts. Different friends liked different kinds of music so I always had someone to join me in going to whatever musicians I wanted to see🎼🎼

5. I love my portable speaker, it’s big and it’s got a strap so you can carry it from room to room. It flashes different colours and pulsates to the music. 

6. That evening I even danced to a few songs, which was fun. I had a tiny bit of energy, but my cat was looking at me like: “What’s that idiot doing?”🤣

7. Yesterday a friend contacted me and said she wants to get a photo of me and another friend, the three of us together. The three musketeers😁. We would have to do it on the park. I  told her I’ll be the one in the photo a million miles away from you😆. She said that we could wear masks and hold our breath, I started laughing. I’m laughing now thinking about it. 

I said we should just do some crazy, fun photos. We don’t have to be standing right next to each other. Photos of all of us in masks is no fun. I’m not much of a selfie person anyway. Now to think of creative photos🎞

8. That’s one thing I’m ever so grateful for, that we have creativity. We can all be creative in so many ways, photography, arts and crafts, cooking, gardening, hobbies of all sorts etc etc. Whatever one enjoys can have a creative spin put on it. 

9. Okay, my lungs feel so inflamed, but writing this gratitude list is helpful. I’m grateful for gratitude lists. I shed some tears today. 

10. I’m grateful for health appointments that you can do over the phone too. I haven’t been able to do that as yet with my integrative doctor because she needed to see me in person the first couple of times. I rang the local gp though for the biopsy test results. All from the comfort of my bed😁

Another gratitude list down.

Sending hugs🤗🧡

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay, thought I’d write another gratitude list to boost my spirits: 

1. I was going to catch up with friends at the park🌳 today, but one of them was coming down with something, so we decided to postpone it. I’ll look forward to when we do get together. 

Another friend of mine has Covid at the moment, we were going to catch up too, it’s a rain check there as well. 

It’s funny when you’re not well and people cancel, sometimes you’re actually relieved, even if you were looking forward to it😁. It’s a struggle, yes I want to catch up with people, but no, I can’t be bothered!😂 I’m always pulled from one direction to the other. I’m quite happy on my own, but I love people. 

2. My niece’s dog had puppies and she sent me some photos today. They’re about six and half weeks old now, they’re soooo cute🐶😍. They’re pure bred corgis, there were eight, but there are only three left, they sell so quickly despite costing a fortune. My niece is so loving and caring towards the dogs, she’s up all night caring for them. It sounds exhausting😁. I live in a unit and can’t have a dog. 

3. I haven’t been up to much today, in bed for most of the day so I’m glad for streaming tv shows. I’m chilling to streaming shows this evening. 

4. I received a book light  today I haven’t used one before, it clips onto books. I’ll see if I like it once I get around to using it. In the evening I like putting on my Galaxy lights and Himalayan salt lamp, but they are too dim and I can’t read with them on, so I thought I’d get a book light. I can connect it to my phone charger to charge it up. I love atmosphere in the evening, not too fond of the bright lights. 

5. I’m trying hard to think of other things I’m grateful for as I’ve been in bed most of the day, I would have had enough energy to walk to the park today and then just chill on the grass if my friends were able to catch up. Oh, yes, I did manage to do a little housework. I’m grateful for that. 

Sometimes I have such little strength due to CFS that I can’t do the dishes for a few days, but when I finally get around to them I’m ever so grateful. I don’t have a dishwasher and I’m dizzy 24/7 too and standing up on one spot is really hard for me. Yay when I get the dishes done!🍽🍽🍴

6. I’m grateful for my amazing support system. It’s just incredible, due to childhood trauma I don’t feel worthy of all the support and it really amazes me that so many people have stuck with me through thick and thin. 

7. My brain is leaving the planet….okay, what else am I grateful for?…….. I have lots of books that I really, really want to read whenever I can think through the brain fog. I love books📚📚 There’s nothing like reading actual books, instead of reading from an iPad. Too braindead to read today, but I know there will be days when I’m able to read a little. 

8. Water, again, I love drinking water. I buy Pureau  pure water and I have a Brita water jug too, and I also love sparkling mineral water. I loooove fizzy water, especially with a dash of apple cider vinegar. 

9. I love looking at my cat chilling in front of the heater, all warm and contented. 

10. I’ve got all these strands of artificial leaves in my bedroom which I love, I love greenery🌿🌿🌿🌱🌱

I did it, got through another list. This is the first time I’ve written anything today as my brain has been in lala land. Okay, going to watch some more streaming shows. I’m all over the place with shows, i watch a bit of one and then go to another. Yay for variety!

I have to say one of favourite shows ever is Gilmore Girls, I’ve watched it a million times. I’m all for shows that have quirky characters. This year I watched White Collar too, I’d never seen it before, I real loved it. I’ll watch it again, I love the interaction between all of the characters. I’m really into shows with interesting characters, if I don’t like the characters I can’t really get into the show. 

Okay, back to chilling, sending love to all🧡

Hi @Carmie

I love to read your grateful lists and your upbeat posts to my page. I don't get on often other than to update. You inspire me to reach out to others when I do!

I have an 88 yr old friend who is mostly blind and homebound now. We talk daily. She was put on an AD this year that she calls her 'happy pill'. I'm torn because so many people have faith in these poisons with little clue as to the true nature of the drugs. I'm grateful that you're able to reduce as you are and find the silver lining in so many things. It helps us all. Funny how we can help ourselves by helping others, or at least I think so, especially after reading your posts.💜

md

🌼

1987 Prozac ?mg

1991 Sertraline ?mg

2002 Escitalopram 10 mg

2018 2.5 mg - stopped by Dr./Reinstated, up-dosed to 7.5 mg

04/19 Began BM slide @7.5 mg

CURRENT  0.32 mg 🌼

"If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

Mark 9:23

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, mdwstrx said:

Hi @Carmie

I love to read your grateful lists and your upbeat posts to my page. I don't get on often other than to update. You inspire me to reach out to others when I do!

I have an 88 yr old friend who is mostly blind and homebound now. We talk daily. She was put on an AD this year that she calls her 'happy pill'. I'm torn because so many people have faith in these poisons with little clue as to the true nature of the drugs. I'm grateful that you're able to reduce as you are and find the silver lining in so many things. It helps us all. Funny how we can help ourselves by helping others, or at least I think so, especially after reading your posts.💜

md

🌼

Dear mdwstrx, 

You are too kind, I’m glad you love my gratitude lists, but I must say though that I don’t always feel like I’m coping all that well. Today, my breathing from my autoimmune flare ( for the last nine months) is just getting too much.

I wonder myself, how I keep on going, CFS has me bedbound a lot, my breathing has me feeling so claustrophobic and then there’s the withdrawals on top of all that. Plus, about a decade ago I got hit by a car and I fractured my pelvis and pretty much everything on the right side of my body, plus my leg was broken and it was in a metal cage for three months.

Actually I was in hospital for about three months. The injuries are flaring up a tiny bit lately, but not too much. Now, I’m concerned if when I get older I might not be able to walk. I have to stop thinking so far ahead, but it’s just that my pelvic injuries are flaring up a little lately. I’m 60 in a couple of years time. Anyway, got to try and not think about that for now and just take a day at a time. 

Good on you for reaching out to others. It’s so wonderful you have daily conversations with your dear friend, I’m sure they appreciate it very much indeed. It certainly does make us happy helping others.

I know it’s hard when friends go on psych meds, we just want to say:”No, don’t do it.” We can’t live other peoples lives for them though. I’ve got friends on meds and I’ve told them what I’m going through because of this, but in the end it’s their choice. Interesting too, quite a number of people I know have had no problems coming on and off psych meds and here all of us on this site are suffering so severely. 

Anyway, I think I’ll do another gratitude list despite feeling so low from struggling to breathe:

1. I just had some yummy avocado🥑. It’s quite an art trying to get an avocado to the right stage, they are either not ripe or they end up rotten😂 Today my avocado was perfect!

2.  A friend messaged me and told me she left a present outside my front. It was a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle, that should take me a million years to do with my CFS brain fog 😁. So kind of her to think of me. It’s actual a picture of trees. I loooove nature and I’ll look forward to doing the puzzle. I might have to do it in the spare room so my cat doesn’t attack it. 

3. I got a lovely notebook from a friend the other day too with a diamond painting on the front of it, I still have to do the diamond painting. I love diamond paintings, I’ve done soooo many of them, but I had to stop because all the wrist action flares up my RSI. It’s only a small one on the notebook, so I’ll do that one.

Doing diamond paintings was something that really helped me when going through waves. I’ve had to stop crocheting again for now too because of the RSI, but maybe I can do it again in the future. I’m sooooo grateful for all the distractions I’ve had to help me cope. 

4. I’m grateful that this last taper is bearable so far. Even withdrawal normal is no fun, but I’ve only had small waves. I don’t think you can go through each drop without any waves. Today is three weeks and three days since my last drop. 

5. My sister in law rang this morning and we had a nice chat☎️. She’s so lovely. When my husband, which is her brother, got sick a few years back she came up and stayed with me for a week or so. My husband was in hospital for three months. She lives in the countryside in Victoria. 

Before my husband got sick, I had a lovely time going to visit her. She lives near the beautiful town of Ballarat which has gorgeous old historic building, I had such a lovely time. We went for a drive to the Great Ocean Road. It was gorgeous, but freezing. Where The Twelve Apostle rock formation is the wind was quite something. I thought I was going to get blown away. We took some fun photos with everyone hair blowing everywhere. It was glorious there though. There was also an amazing gorge we went to as well. 

On the day I left, as we were driving to the bus station a kangaroo hopped across the road. It was still dark and you have to drive slowly. One of my niece’s lives next door to her mother there and there are always kangaroos in the backyard. Actually, all her daughters live on property. It’s just beautiful being away from the hustle and bustle. 

6. Another friend messaged me today and she was a little down in the dumps as she’s had a virus and has had a continual headache for a few weeks. She said: “ Sorry, for complaining so much! I’m terrible company!” I said: “Complain away!!! I’ll join you.” 😂😂 An interchange of encouragement, let’s complain together. 

7. Also, my friend with Covid messaged me. She had to go to the hospital, but she’s okay. I’m so grateful! 

8. I’m really struggling to think of other things I’m grateful for today, but I always like to get to a number ten…. Let’s see…. I managed to do some letter writing for half an hour this morning📝, but then my brain left the planet again. Anyway, I’m grateful that I managed half an hour.

9. I’m fascinated by law channels, I watch quite a bit of the lawtube channels on different subjects. I also love John Grisham novels 📚

10. Okay, brain, you can do this, think of a number ten, only one to go………???? I might ring my husband soon and see how he’s doing. I’m grateful he has amazing support workers, I’m grateful for the National Disability Insurance Scheme that funds his support workers. I’m grateful he lives in a care home that has the most amazing staff. 

When he was in hospital for those three months the hospital social worker organised for him to go into aged care, despite the fact that he’s only on his 50’s. When one of my nieces found out she sprung into action and sorted out this mess. She was working for the NDIS at the time and couldn’t take our case, off course, but she got the ball rolling for my husband to get the NDIS funding. 

It was actually quite a fascinating thing to see, she’s such a sweetie pie, but she can’t stand any injustice when it comes to the disabled who are treated badly. She was really upset with the social worker, who should have applied for the NDIS, instead of aged care.

The hospital wanted to start charging us for the bed as they wanted my husband out of there and into a home, but my niece was having none of that. We didn’t want him in aged care, and because the social worker didn’t do her job properly and hadn’t applied for ndis my niece organised a meeting with all the big wigs at the hospital.

It was hilarious as she was taping them and they ended up calling security😂😂 It was really serious, but I’m laughing now. Talk about someone with their whole heart in their work, my niece really can’t take injustice of any kind. It all worked out, the hospital listened to my niece and we didn’t have to pay for the bed while we were organising the NDIS, and now he’s in the most amazing place. Gotta love my niece😁. I love her to bits🥰

Well, I did it, I’m still feeling low in spirits due to struggling to breathe, but these gratitude lists help a little. I hope they make sense, too braindead to proofread. 

Take care🧡

• Moderator Emeritus

…..….……Okay, I have to add one more thing to my gratitude list today because it made me laugh. My friend, who has Covid, just messaged me now. I told her to rest up and get better soon, and she just said: “ Thanks for the hugs. I know I’m meant to be resting, but I haven’t had enough time off work to get my life together in so long that I’m using my isolation to declutter my whole house😂.” 

I guess viruses are a blessing for some🤣😂🤣😂🤣

• Moderator Emeritus

Time for bed in a moment. Having a laugh about things even when you feel like crying sometimes helps one, I’m grateful for laughter. The sms I got from my friend saying she was doing a spring clean as she’s home because of Covid made me laugh as she was so happy to be able to do a spring clean. She works a lot as a support worker for young children.  I really think she needs to rest though, you don’t want to get long Covid.

We all shed so many tears going through withdrawals and with all the other health problems we may have that I guess we need to try and find the funny in the serious sometimes to keep us sane. 

Here’s to finding something that makes us smile each day, even if we’ve shed tears on the same day🧡

Hi @Carmie

Thanks for posting on my thread there to inquire how I was.  I am getting there slowly I hope. 

I feel bad for you about the breathing issues.  It's awful to struggle to breath - I presume you have inhalers?  I found Buteyko method breathing helped me regulate my breathing but maybe you already tried it.   It was developed in Russia as apparently they didn't have money for asthma medicine and got good results with it.   Hopefully you'll have slept a good night's sleep by the time you see this post. 

Your sister in law sounds like a beautiful person - at least your husband is now in a decent place where he gets good care not a care home for the aged.   

Yes chronic pain is not great but it's been a good learning experience for me in learning how to deal with it without drugs - there are so many things one can try -  Tai Chi, self massage; myofascial strengthening - there's a world of stuff out there.  JanCarol's has put a video on her own thread showing some great Tai Chi warm up exercises.  I would say that your right side probably has some fascial restriction because of the trauma of the car accident.  You may already know this but fascia is the thin membrane that covers your muscle and tendons and ligaments.  It apparently has much more pain receptors than other areas of joint or soft tissue.  When I got diagnosed with the fibromyalgia ages ago, tiredness crept in there too so I did find physical exercise good for pain.  I actually found that cardiovascular exercise helped with breathing difficulties - just some things I am putting out there for yourself when you feel better that might be worth doing.   Now I am considering an exercise bike because of joint issues - something to think about anyway.

Your friends sound lovely - it's good to have people in your corner who are looking out for you.  You deserve it.

I hope you get over this tough patch soon.

Oaktree

Currently tapering Mirtazapine; previously tapered Cymbalta 30mg from June 2018-Feb 2019 and Seroquel 150mg to zero from Oct-December 2020.

Supplements for Hashimoto's disease and histamine issues relating to Mirtazapine:   Vitamin D3 1,000mcg, bio-identical HRT, Selenium, Quercetin, Lutein, Zinc, Vitamin C, Omega 3.

Mirtazapine Taper: 2021 16th Aug -  transitioned to liquid from tablet by dissolving two 15mg tablets into a solution of 15 ml water and 15 ml maple syrup on a starting dose of what I thought was 7.5ml; 17 Sept  - 7.31; 24 Sept  - 7.13; 15 Oct  - 6.95; 6 Nov  - 6.78; 21 Nov  - 6.61; 5 Dec  - 6.51;

2022 - 1 Jan 6.41; 1 Feb  - 6.1; 9 Mar -  5.8; 13 Mar - 5.9; 7 Apr - 5.8; 21 Apr - 5.7; 7 May - 5.63; 23 May - 5.55; 8 June 5.50;  (got COVID on 12th June so held); 1 July 5.4; 15 July 5.32; 8 Aug 5.2; 15 Aug 5.1; 22 Aug 5; 19 Sept 4.9; 2 Oct 4.81; 13 Oct 4.71; (COVID Booster 17/10/22 so longer hold ); 1 Nov 4.65; 3 Nov 4.60; 10 Nov 4.55; 13 Nov 4.50; 17 Nov 4.45; 20 Nov 4.40;  2 Dec 4.30mg; 9 Dec 4.20mg; I discovered that the volumetric container measured 33ml rather than 30ml in Dec 2022. Following helpful advice from moderator OnMyWay (see her  reply of the 5th March) discovered taper with the dilution was 3.8mg (calculated by dividing 30/33 so that every 1ml of solution has  0.90ml of Mirtazapine.  7.50 - 0.90= 6.6ml which was the starting dose on 16th Aug 2021 not 7.5ml).  I decided to keep using the solution as I didn't want more change to deal with than I had to.

2023 17 Mar 4.1(3.7); 26 Mar 4.0(3.6); 14 Apr 3.9(3.51)28 Apr 3.8(3.42); 6 Jun 3.7(3.33); 19 Jun 3.6(3.24); 30 Jun 3.5(3.1); 19 Jul 3.4(3.06); 27 Jul 3.35 (3.01); 29 Jul 3.3 (2.97); 4 Aug 3.25 (2.92); 7 Aug 3.2 (2.88); 21 Aug 3.1 (2.79); 14.09 3 (2.7); 29th Sept 2.9(2.61); 15 Oct 2.8(2.52); 30 Oct 10 2.7(2.43); 13 Nov 2.65(2.38); 20 Nov 2.6(2.34); 26 Nov 2.55(2.29); 10 Dec 2.5(2.25); 

2024 - 14 Jan 2.45(2.20); 22 Jan 2.40(2.16); 29 Jan 2.35(2.11); 2 Feb 2.3 (2.07);15 Feb 2.25(2.02); 22 Feb 2.21 (1.98); 29 Feb 2.17(1.95); 7 Mar 2.13(1.91); 21 Mar 2.05 (1.84); 31 Mar 2.01 (1.80); 14 Apr 1.90 (1.71); 29 Apr 1.80 (1.62);

This is not 'medical advice' - my 'non medical advice' is don't get any more 'medical advice' or you may end up getting more 'medical treatment' i.e more drugs, DSM labels and/or ECT.   Please do not PM me thanks.

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, Oaktree1 said:

Hi @Carmie

Thanks for posting on my thread there to inquire how I was.  I am getting there slowly I hope. 

I feel bad for you about the breathing issues.  It's awful to struggle to breath - I presume you have inhalers?  I found Buteyko method breathing helped me regulate my breathing but maybe you already tried it.   It was developed in Russia as apparently they didn't have money for asthma medicine and got good results with it.   Hopefully you'll have slept a good night's sleep by the time you see this post. 

Your sister in law sounds like a beautiful person - at least your husband is now in a decent place where he gets good care not a care home for the aged.   

Yes chronic pain is not great but it's been a good learning experience for me in learning how to deal with it without drugs - there are so many things one can try -  Tai Chi, self massage; myofascial strengthening - there's a world of stuff out there.  JanCarol's has put a video on her own thread showing some great Tai Chi warm up exercises.  I would say that your right side probably has some fascial restriction because of the trauma of the car accident.  You may already know this but fascia is the thin membrane that covers your muscle and tendons and ligaments.  It apparently has much more pain receptors than other areas of joint or soft tissue.  When I got diagnosed with the fibromyalgia ages ago, tiredness crept in there too so I did find physical exercise good for pain.  I actually found that cardiovascular exercise helped with breathing difficulties - just some things I am putting out there for yourself when you feel better that might be worth doing.   Now I am considering an exercise bike because of joint issues - something to think about anyway.

Your friends sound lovely - it's good to have people in your corner who are looking out for you.  You deserve it.

I hope you get over this tough patch soon.

Oaktree

Good morning dear Oaktree, 

Hope you’re having a good day. I finally got to sleep 😴at about 1am, the insomnia wasn’t from withdrawals. I just had so much on my mind that I couldn’t switch off my brain, plus my breathing problems. Not looking forward to rebound insomnia though, which a lot of people get from Seroquel. When I’ve accidentally missed a dose a couple of times I didn’t sleep at all. Let’s see what the future holds. 

I’m sorry you have fibromyalgia and you’re in pain all the time, you would have bad brain fog with that too, wouldn’t you? Cognition kind of goes out the window. I’m always grateful when I have days where my brain lets me do a bit of reading, I love reading📚

You speaking of fascia reminded me of a friend that does Bowen therapy, I’ve had some sessions with him in the past. It wasn’t for pain, but for general well being. The poor thing now has Parkinson’s and his hands shake, but he still practices and he has lots of clients. He used to travel the world teaching Bowen therapy to others.

He met a lovely lady in England, got married, and brought her over here to Australia. She’s a FasterEFT practitioner, well she started studying it when she came over here. I have sessions with her via Facetime. She’s become a dear friend too, she doesn’t even charge me for the sessions. I can’t see her in person due to viruses everywhere and my lungs, so I love that we have all this technology now where we can do these things. I can’t get Bowen therapy though because you can’t do that over the phone😁 Maybe I should study Bowen Therapy and treat myself. I’m not in pain from my injuries at the moment though. No, I didn’t know that the fascia has more pain receptors than joint or tissue, thanks for that information, much appreciated. 

I hope you get your exercise bike and it’s beneficial for you. I do go for little walks when I have the strength. I haven’t had a lot of strength lately though. My friend who has Covid lives just a few blocks away, I’d like to pop something into her letterbox, but I haven’t had the strength to walk around there as yet. Maybe today? Maybe tomorrow?

Breathing exercises don’t really do much because my immune system continues to attack my lungs. I’m just trying hard to focus on the fact that I can go into remission again in the future, I’ve been there before. Thank you for your suggestions, that was very kind of you, I have heard of that method, I’ll check it out again. 

I hope you have a pleasant day and enjoy those bike rides of yours when you get your bike. 

Take care🧡

• Moderator Emeritus

Just want to document this last drop is still going well, the couple of drops before this one were awful. I don’t know if it’s because I held for two and half months after the drop before this one or if it’s the magnesium. Pretty much the day after I first took magnesium I was feeling a little better. 

My nervous system was still really fried before the magnesium, but again, I’m not one hundred percent sure if it’s the magnesium or the long hold or probably the combination of both. All I know is that on the day I went to see my integrative doctor my nervous system was on such high alert, but then the next day after that it was better, and the following day it was even better, so I tapered that evening. 

I’ve been in withdrawal normal pretty much since then, my nervous system never settles while on these meds, but it’s been pretty bearable so far since the last drop. I don’t know what the next few weeks will hold though, one day at a time is all we can do. 

I’m about three and a half weeks into this drop of approximately 1.3% or so, can’t remember the exact calculation now on the top of my head. Good ol’ brain fog and memory. I was going to wait six weeks to do the next small drop, but maybe I can do it in five?? I just know if a drop goes well and you don’t hold long enough for a few times it can catch up you. 

I’ll just keep listening to my body, that’s the best one can do. We are all experimenting here😁

Well done @Carmie the drop seems to be a 👍thumbs up. 

im the same as you my system never settles while taking these drugs. 

Thank you for the gratitude lists. You talk about your cat often and it made me think that I get a good feeling inside when I see Georgie my dog lying in her bed,  not a care in the world and looking mighty comfy!!! Lol

i wish you could see her right now on her back, half in half out the bed, one leg dangling and totally chilled!!  

It’s so therapeutic having to care for an animal while going through WD. She helps distract me. Thank you Georgie 🐕 that’s her on my pic

• Moderator Emeritus
17 hours ago, Longroadhome said:

Well done @Carmie the drop seems to be a 👍thumbs up. 

im the same as you my system never settles while taking these drugs. 

Thank you for the gratitude lists. You talk about your cat often and it made me think that I get a good feeling inside when I see Georgie my dog lying in her bed,  not a care in the world and looking mighty comfy!!! Lol

i wish you could see her right now on her back, half in half out the bed, one leg dangling and totally chilled!!  

It’s so therapeutic having to care for an animal while going through WD. She helps distract me. Thank you Georgie 🐕 that’s her on my pic

Well, hello there Longroadhome, thanks for popping over.

Your dog sounds lovely, what a beautiful colouring too. I’m picturing Georgie half in and half out of bed. Too cute. Pets sometimes lie in the oddest positions. 

I was going to do a gratitude list just now, but my brain has kind of left the building. Maybe tomorrow, I’m struggling to think at the moment. I might just watch something now that doesn’t need too much brainpower.

I  had a lovely lunch of salmon and salad, and I did an online order for groceries tomorrow. I’m loving home delivery. I might make myself a cup of rooibos tea and just chill now. It’s raining a little outside and I’m nice and cosy inside. I’m trying to distract myself from the fact I’m struggling to breathe. Fortunately my withdrawal symptoms aren’t too bad at the moment. 

That reminds me, I better take my supplements, I take magnesium, vitamin C and milk thistle after lunch. 

Sending big hugs your way, and a hug for Georgie too🐶🤗🧡

• Moderator Emeritus

I’m so braindead, but thought I’d just do a quick gratitude list:

1. I got a clothes airer today, that will come in so handy. I can put some of my clothes on it after washing so I don’t have to go back downstairs when I don’t have the strength to take the washing off the line. My drier died. 

2. A friend went and picked up my Seroquel prescription for me today. 

3. Had some yummy Baramundi, vegetables and salad for lunch. 

4. My groceries got delivered this morning and I’ve also had some cherries and pawpaw. More yumminess.

5. Been pretty much in bed most of the day, though I’ve keeping myself entertained with stuff that doesn’t need much brain power. Good ol’ distractions. Struggling to breathe is intense and I’m barely functional so I’m grateful for distractions.

6. My nice warm socks and my heater. 

7. I’m grateful I have a telephone appointment with my integrative doctor next week. 

8. I ordered some supplements, it’s great to be able to do that online. Ordered some more milk thistle and also some iodine. I haven’t started on iodine yet and I have to find out how much to take next week. The dr wanted me to take it, but said to wait until after the thyroid nodule biopsy because if they were cancerous she didn’t want me to take the iodine. 

9. Catching up with friends via Zoom tonight but I might be too braindead to interact. Grateful for Zoom though. 

10. My bed. 

🧡🧡🧡

• Moderator Emeritus

Well, it’s another day where I can barely think and am mainly in bed, but I’m going to do a quick gratitude list again:

1. My nice cosy and soft robe. 
2. My bed.

3. YouTube, great distraction with every subject possible.

4. Had some yummy grass fed meat, veggies and salad for lunch, as well as some rockmelon.

5. Did the small diamond painting on the front of the notebook I got as a pressie. It looks pretty. 
6. Journaled a tiny bit in the notebook, but couldn’t do much as I’m struggling to think. 
7. Sorted out some paperwork that needed to be done that I’ve been procrastinating about. Just had to sign something online and make an account and I’ve just been too braindead. Still braindead, but somehow managed to do it. Glad it’s done. Everything new you do needs a password, I think I’ve got a million, trillion passwords. 

8. My husband got to go to a lovely park with a lake today with  one of his support workers….

9. ….And Tuesday he got to go to the beach. 
10. My friend with Covid is getting a lot of support from our other friends, they’ve been making meals for her. Her and her husband are vegan, my sister is actually vegan too. I like my meat and seafood😁

🧡🧡

Edited by Carmie
Typo, brainfog🤪🤪