Yasmine: Tapering lormétazépam

Yasmine

• Moderator Emeritus
53 minutes ago, Yasmine said:

I directly weigh my tablet

Now is the time to give you more specific instructions.

Once you get the scale, weigh 10 tablets and calculate the average of those 10 tablets.  This will be the weight you use for your taper.  The reason for this is that the tablets all weigh slightly different weights, and getting an average is more accurate.

I directly weigh my tablet and remove 10% cut in half then crush one half. 

It is better to crush the whole 1mg tablet (not half) into powder and remove 10% of the weight of the powder from the scale.  You can use tweezers to add or subtract powder to get the weight you want.  You do not have to weigh twice.

I take 0.90mg of this tablet

Yes, calculated by multiplying the weight of the 1mg tablet by 0.9.  This will give you a 10% reduction.   

You will not know the weight of your 1mg dosage pill until you have weighed 10 of them to get an average weight.  Your 1mg dosage pill will weigh more than 1mg because of the fillers and binders they use to hold the pill together.  For example, my 20mg Lexapro pill weighed 200mg.     

Once you get the scale and try it out, this will be clearer.   

I just noticed that you started a new Introduction topic to ask a question.  Each member has only one Introduction topic.  All your posts should be right here so that everything about your situation is in one place on the site.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

40 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Now is the time to give you more specific instructions.

Once you get the scale, weigh 10 tablets and calculate the average of those 10 tablets.  This will be the weight you use for your taper.  The reason for this is that the tablets all weigh slightly different weights, and getting an average is more accurate.

It is better to crush the whole 1mg tablet (not half) into powder and remove 10% of the weight of the powder from the scale.  You can use tweezers to add or subtract powder to get the weight you want.  You do not have to weigh twice.

Yes, calculated by multiplying the weight of the 1mg tablet by 0.9.  This will give you a 10% reduction.   

You will not know the weight of your 1mg dosage pill until you have weighed 10 of them to get an average weight.  Your 1mg dosage pill will weigh more than 1mg because of the fillers and binders they use to hold the pill together.  For example, my 20mg Lexapro pill weighed 200mg.     

Once you get the scale and try it out, this will be clearer.   

I just noticed that you started a new Introduction topic to ask a question.  Each member has only one Introduction topic.  All your posts should be right here so that everything about your situation is in one place on the site.

Why my 1mg dose will weigh more? Maybe I did not explain properly on my previous message. My tablets are not in fillers. 

Regarding, the new topic, I am sorry, I wrote it again because I have forgotten to mention that I took also Prozac for almost 2 months and was wondering if it has worsen my hyperacusis.

17 Mai 2020 : 2mg de lormé 

17 août 2020 : Fluoxetine pendant 1 mois et demi

09 octobre 2020 : 1mg lormé 

31 Octobre 2020 : 0,5mg lormé 

13 novembre 2020 : 0,25 lormé 

20 novembre  au 06 décembre 1/2 lormétazépam 

8 décembre : 1mg de lormétazépam 

18 décembre : 1mg 

2 janvier - Mai 2021 : 2mg lormé 

Depuis le 25 mai 2021 : 1 mg de lormé 

Suppléments actuels : Commencé en juin 2021 Bisglycinate de fer, B12, comprimés homéopathiques 

• Moderator Emeritus
11 minutes ago, Yasmine said:

hy my 1mg dose will weigh more? Maybe I did not explain properly on my previous message. My tablets are not in fillers. 

I know that your 1mg is a tablet, not a capsule.  The reason why your 1mg dosage tablet will weigh more than 1mg is that, in order to manufacture the tablet, the 1mg drug is mixed with other materials to hold the tablet together.  These other materials make the tablet weigh more.

19 minutes ago, Yasmine said:

Regarding, the new topic, I am sorry, I wrote it again because I have forgotten to mention that I took also Prozac for almost 2 months and was wondering if it has worsen my hyperacusis.

That is fine.  No problem.  Just write everything here.  

There is no way to tell at this point whether the Prozac worsened your hyperacusis.  There are many things that we will never understand about the effects of these drugs.  We can tell you that the negative effects of these drugs will go away.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

4 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Je sais que votre 1 mg est un comprimé, pas une capsule. La raison pour laquelle votre comprimé de dosage de 1 mg pèsera plus de 1 mg est que, pour fabriquer le comprimé, le médicament de 1 mg est mélangé avec d'autres matériaux pour maintenir le comprimé ensemble. Ces autres matériaux augmentent le poids de la tablette.

C'est bon. Aucun problème. Écrivez simplement tout ici.  

Il n'y a aucun moyen de dire à ce stade si le Prozac a aggravé votre hyperacousie. Il y a beaucoup de choses que nous ne comprendrons jamais sur les effets de ces médicaments. Nous pouvons vous dire que les effets négatifs de ces médicaments disparaîtront.

I also would like to have your opinion regarding the supplements.

In French forums, they advise to take magnesium and omega 3 whereas in English FB benzo groups they say the opposite that it is nefast. 

I have also been advised to not take vitamin C while tapering because it drains the liver and interferes to benzo. 

I took every morning iron bisglycinate with vitamine C.

Do you thing I should stop it? 

Thank you for advising.

Suppléments actuels : Commencé en juin 2021 Bisglycinate de fer, B12, comprimés homéopathiques 

• Moderator Emeritus
22 minutes ago, Yasmine said:

they advise to take magnesium and omega 3

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems. Get supplements that are single ingredient (not mixed with other types of supplements).

23 minutes ago, Yasmine said:

I have also been advised to not take vitamin C while tapering because it drains the liver and interferes to benzo. 

There are several articles on the Internet about possible interactions between benzos and vitamin C.  I take vitamin C and a benzo and have noticed no problems.   Use your own judgment.  If you want, you could try eliminating the vitamin C and see how you feel.  If you eliminate the vitamin C, do that before doing tapering your benzo.  It's important to make only one change at a time. 

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

4 minutes ago, Gridley said:
Nous ne recommandons pas beaucoup de suppléments sur SA, car de nombreux membres déclarent y être sensibles en raison de notre système nerveux trop réactif, mais deux suppléments que nous recommandons sont le magnésium et les oméga 3 (huile de poisson). Beaucoup de gens trouvent que cela apaise le système nerveux. 

Ajoutez-en un à la fois et à faible dose au cas où vous rencontrez des problèmes. Obtenez des suppléments à ingrédient unique (non mélangés avec d'autres types de suppléments).

Il y a plusieurs articles sur Internet sur les interactions possibles entre les benzos et la vitamine C. Je prends de la vitamine C et un benzo et je n'ai remarqué aucun problème. Utilisez votre propre jugement. Si vous le souhaitez, vous pouvez essayer d'éliminer la vitamine C et voir comment vous vous sentez. Si vous éliminez la vitamine C, faites-le avant de réduire votre benzo. Il est important de n'effectuer qu'un seul changement à la fois. 

Oh I see thank for your advices.

I wish you a nice day. 

I will get in touch with you soon when I ll get the scale.

Thank you again

Best regards 

Yasmine 

3 hours ago, Gridley said:

Il est maintenant temps de vous donner des instructions plus précises.

Une fois que vous obtenez la balance, pesez 10 comprimés et calculez la moyenne de ces 10 comprimés. Ce sera le poids que vous utiliserez pour votre cône. La raison en est que les comprimés pèsent tous des poids légèrement différents et qu'il est plus précis d'obtenir une moyenne.

Il est préférable d'écraser le comprimé entier de 1 mg (pas la moitié) en poudre et de retirer 10 % du poids de la poudre de la balance. Vous pouvez utiliser une pince à épiler pour ajouter ou soustraire de la poudre pour obtenir le poids que vous souhaitez. Vous n'avez pas à peser deux fois.

Oui, calculé en multipliant le poids du comprimé de 1 mg par 0,9. Cela vous donnera une réduction de 10%.   

Vous ne connaîtrez pas le poids de votre pilule dosée à 1 mg tant que vous n'en aurez pas pesé 10 pour obtenir un poids moyen. Votre pilule dosée à 1 mg pèsera plus de 1 mg en raison des charges et des liants qu'elle utilise pour maintenir la pilule ensemble. Par exemple, ma pilule Lexapro de 20 mg pesait 200 mg.     

Une fois que vous aurez obtenu la balance et que vous l'aurez essayée, ce sera plus clair.   

Je viens de remarquer que vous avez commencé un nouveau sujet d'introduction pour poser une question. Chaque membre n'a qu'un seul sujet d'introduction. Tous vos messages doivent être ici afin que tout ce qui concerne votre situation soit au même endroit sur le site.

After re-reading the posts, there is something I don't understand. 

You recommend me to crush 10 tablets but 10 tablets equals to 10 days. How do I weigh the dose for one night if I have to weigh 10 doses. Moreover 10 tablets won't last 4 weeks? 4 weeks should be 28 days so 28 mg minus 10%. Maybe I am stupid but Sorry but I don't understand. 

Hi Yasmine-- When you first start you do not crush anything. We have to establish certain numbers so we can do our calculations. The important number is the "average weight" of one tablet. To get this number put 10 tablets on the scale and record the total weight. Divide this number by 10. This will give you the average weight of one tablet. We need to do this because each tablet has a slightly different weight. By using the "average weight" we will make things more accurate.

Once we have the average weight we can calculate the weight of your reduced dose. The average weight would be equal to taking a full dose. We want to take a dose that is 10% smaller. To get the weight of the reduced dose multiply the "average weight" by 0.90.

For example if your "average weight" is 50mgpw  the calculation would be 50 X 0.90 = 45. Your reduced dose will be 45mgpw (0.045 on the readout).

To weigh the dose, crush 1 tablet, put the powder on the scale and then remove little bits until the readout gives you the calculated number. The powder left on the scale will be the reduced dose. You can save the small amount of powder you removed and can use it later when you have saved up enough. It will be easier to do this on a daily basis instead of trying to do several weeks worth at once. When you get use to the process you can make more at a time.

I don't think anyone has mentioned that you will need some empty gel caps to put the new dose in. If you haven't already order a bag of 500 size "0". If the scales come before the gel caps don't worry there are other ways to take the reduced dose. We can discuss that when the time  comes.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, brassmonkey said:

Salut Yasmine-- Quand tu commences pour la première fois tu n'écrases rien. Nous devons établir certains nombres pour pouvoir faire nos calculs. Le nombre important est le "poids moyen" d'un comprimé. Pour obtenir ce nombre, placez 10 comprimés sur la balance et notez le poids total. Divisez ce nombre par 10. Cela vous donnera le poids moyen d'un comprimé. Nous devons le faire car chaque comprimé a un poids légèrement différent. En utilisant le "poids moyen", nous rendrons les choses plus précises.

Une fois que nous avons le poids moyen, nous pouvons calculer le poids de votre dose réduite. Le poids moyen serait égal à la prise d'une dose complète. Nous voulons prendre une dose 10 % plus petite. Pour obtenir le poids de la dose réduite multipliez le « poids moyen » par 0,90.

Par exemple, si votre "poids moyen" est de 50 mgpw, le calcul serait de 50 X 0,90 = 45. Votre dose réduite sera de 45 mgpw (0,045 sur la lecture).

Pour peser la dose, écrasez 1 comprimé, mettez la poudre sur la balance puis retirez des petits morceaux jusqu'à ce que l'affichage vous donne le nombre calculé. La poudre laissée sur la balance sera la dose réduite. Vous pouvez conserver la petite quantité de poudre que vous avez retirée et l'utiliser plus tard lorsque vous en aurez suffisamment économisé. Il sera plus facile de le faire quotidiennement au lieu d'essayer de faire plusieurs semaines à la fois. Lorsque vous vous habituez au processus, vous pouvez en faire plus à la fois.

Je ne pense pas que quiconque ait mentionné que vous aurez besoin de capsules de gel vides pour mettre la nouvelle dose. Si vous n'avez pas déjà commandé un sachet de 500 taille "0". Si les écailles viennent avant les gélules, ne vous inquiétez pas, il existe d'autres façons de prendre la dose réduite. On pourra en discuter le moment venu.

Hi Brassmonkey,

Sorry my cognitive sense are not working very well lately because of the lack of sleep since a year now.  Last night I  could not fell asleep until 4 am and woke up with an extra sound on the left side of my head. Therefore I am so tired.

But I think I understood.

Thank you.

Greetings 

Yasmine 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Yasmine said:

You recommend me to crush 10 tablets but 10 tablets equals to 10 days.

I think Brassmonkey has explained the reason to weigh ten tablets, which is to get the average weight of a tablet. This is the weight you will use for your taper.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

19 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Je pense que Brassmonkey a expliqué la raison de peser dix comprimés, ce qui est d'obtenir le poids moyen d'un comprimé. C'est le poids que vous utiliserez pour votre cône.

Hi Gridley,

Yes Indeed. Thank you for your kindness and your patience because as I said lately with the lack of sleep since a year, I don't function as usual.  Thank you for being patient with me. And I am alone with struggle against tinnitus, hyperacusis and now benzos.  I don't know how I am going to survive without any support.  🙏🙏🙏

• Moderator Emeritus
12 minutes ago, Yasmine said:

Thank you for your kindness and your patience

We are happy to help and support you.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

3 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Nous sommes heureux de vous aider et de vous soutenir.

🙏🙏🙏

It is a shame that we have 9 hours time difference 😔

Our moderators are scattered all around the world, so it is quite likely that if you are on line, one of them is on line, so there is always support.

We all understand that it is a very difficult thing to undertake a taper, there is so much information and a person really isn't at their best when it happens. As long as you try we will try. 

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

2 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

Our moderators are scattered all around the world, so it is quite likely that if you are on line, one of them is on line, so there is always support.

We all understand that it is a very difficult thing to undertake a taper, there is so much information and a person really isn't at their best when it happens. As long as you try we will try. 

Thank you so much. You are so kind. Please help me. AIthought I haven't yet started weaning, I did not sleep for 2 nights despite melatonin. What should I do or take? I have also a burning sensation in my feet

Hello @Yasmine,

you can find sleep tips here in these threads:

They may take some time to work, but its worth trying.

Greetings

2022 IMPORTANT WITHDRAWAL SURVEY, PLEASE PARTICIPATE: https://uelpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0AR9IsQ61jsiXBk

non-native speaker of english

2020: 3-March -> started Mirtazapine 15mg;

3-March to 6-April -> approx. cutting to 0 mg; 6-April to 20-April -> ~ 7,5 mg; 21-April to 31-April -> 15 mg; 1-May to 13-May -> ~ 10 mg (approx.); 15-May to 19-July -> 15 mg (psychosomatic clinic) 19-July -> started taper (scale and file) 14 mg (-6,6%); 08-August -> 12 mg (-14,3 %); 27-August -> 10 mg (-16,6 %); 15-September -> 8 mg (-20 %, bad idea, heavy WD); 23-September -> 10.2 mg (+20 %, 102 mgpw)

2021: 12-April to 12-May -> crossover from solid pill to DIY liquid (water only), 10.2 mg, not stable; 10-September -> back to crushing and weighing, still 10.2 mg (102 mgpw)

2022: 13-March -> changed to DIY liquid with suspension vehicle, 10.2 mg

Supplements: 1 x ~125 mg magnesiumbiglycinate before bed, low histamine diet

19 minutes ago, Nomansland said:

Bonjour @Yasmine,

vous pouvez trouver des conseils pour dormir ici dans ces fils :

Ils peuvent prendre un certain temps à travailler, mais cela vaut la peine d'essayer.

Les salutations

Hello,

Thank you for the link.

I have already melatonin that I have taken this morning at 7h and I am sleeping in the darkness with white noises because of my tinnitus.

Do you thing Ashwanga or tryptophane would be helpful?

What is the best time to take them? I also have been told to  take the sleeping at 9h30 at the latest. What do you think about it? 

Thank you

Greetings,

Yasmine (France) 

On 25/06/2021 at 22:26, Nomansland said:

Bonjour @Yasmine,

J'ai cherché un peu sur amazon.fr une échelle gemini-20.

J'ai trouvé quelques alternatives (devrait être le même modèle, juste une étiquette différente), voir :

https://www.amazon.fr/Smart-Weigh-GEM20-intelligente-20x0-001g/dp/B00ESHDGOI/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=gem20+scale&qid=1624652560&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.fr/diamant-numérique-dutilisation-précision-plastique/dp/B07LGQYSPL/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=gem20+scale&qid=1624652560&sr=8-18

(Pour le deuxième lien, vous n'obtenez qu'un poids de 10 g, mais vous en avez normalement besoin de deux pour calibrer la balance. Je choisirais donc le premier ou commanderais le second et achèterais un poids supplémentaire de 10 g.)

Je ne sais pas grand-chose sur la façon de réduire les benzos, mais je pense que vous serez également très efficace avec du liquide si vous ne pouvez pas obtenir une bonne échelle.

Les salutations

Hello 

Thank you for the link. Why the second one is not suitable. It gives 0.001 which I need as I ll have to reduce 10% of 1mg? I don't really understand. Does it not weigh more than 10mg? 

Hello @Yasmine,

here you can find members opinion on Ashwagandha:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/4713-ashwagandha-herb-for-anxiety-stress-and-toxic-overload/

and here about Tryptophan:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/9933-5-htp-5-hydroxytryptophan-and-l-tryptophan/?tab=comments#comment-6069

Please note that in withdrawal, we tend to be very sensitive to medications and even certain herbs. Especially if they act on our nervous system.

Before you decide to take anything else, search here on SA about a specific supplement/herb or ask here in your thread. Its better to start with a very low dose

and see how it affects you.

How much melatonin do you take? And when? 7 am in the morning is not a good time to take it. Its usually the best to take it at dawn, when the sun goes down to support your natural melatonin production. High doses tend to act paradox and can make you awake. Altostrata recommends a dose of 0.3 mg melatonin. Also, you should combine it with the tips from the melatonin thread, to regain your sleep. (Magnesiumbisglycinate seems to help me sleep, when taken right before going to bed.)

Both scales should be fine, dont worry. They weigh a maximum of 20 g and down to about 4 mg in 1mg (= 0.001 g) steps in between. But you need to calibrate it from time to time (dont worry, this only takes a couple of seconds and is described in the manual) and therefor you usually need 2x 10g weights. Only 1x 10g weight is included in the second link scale as far as i can tell. You can easily buy a second 10g weight for a few euros, if you only get one.

(see here for tips about using the scale: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1596-using-a-digital-scale-to-measure-doses-weighing/?tab=comments#comment-13379 )

Which one did you buy?

Greetings

2022 IMPORTANT WITHDRAWAL SURVEY, PLEASE PARTICIPATE: https://uelpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0AR9IsQ61jsiXBk

3-March to 6-April -> approx. cutting to 0 mg; 6-April to 20-April -> ~ 7,5 mg; 21-April to 31-April -> 15 mg; 1-May to 13-May -> ~ 10 mg (approx.); 15-May to 19-July -> 15 mg (psychosomatic clinic) 19-July -> started taper (scale and file) 14 mg (-6,6%); 08-August -> 12 mg (-14,3 %); 27-August -> 10 mg (-16,6 %); 15-September -> 8 mg (-20 %, bad idea, heavy WD); 23-September -> 10.2 mg (+20 %, 102 mgpw)

2021: 12-April to 12-May -> crossover from solid pill to DIY liquid (water only), 10.2 mg, not stable; 10-September -> back to crushing and weighing, still 10.2 mg (102 mgpw)

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Yasmine said:

I have already melatonin that I have taken this morning at 7h and I am sleeping in the darkness with white noises because of my tinnitus.

Do you thing Ashwanga or tryptophane would be helpful ?

Hello Yasmine,

- What is your dosage of melatonin ?

We don't recommend a lot of supplements here : nobody can predict how one's body will react to a new substance, and we can learn from all the testimonies that once a nervous system is destabilised it is often better to keep things as simple and steady as possible.

We only suggest magnesium and omegas3 because it seems that most people find them helpful.

If you do try something, try only one at a time and at a low dose to see how your body react.

Please see :

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable

Oh and I see that @Nomansland has already said it all while I was typing, so I'll stop here and wish you a nice day ☺

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

5 minutes ago, Erell said:

Hello Yasmine,

- What is your dosage of melatonin ?

We don't recommend a lot of supplements here : nobody can predict how one's body will react to a new substance, and we can learn from all the testimonies that once a nervous system is destabilised it is often better to keep things as simple and steady as possible.

We only suggest magnesium and omegas3 because it seems that most people find them helpful.

If you do try something, try only one at a time and at a low dose to see how your body react.

Please see :

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable

Oh and I see that @Nomansland has already said it all while I was typing, so I'll stop here and wish you a nice day ☺

Hello Erell,

Thank you for the links, I will have a look. 

I started to use 1.9mg of melatonin by the recommendation of another Dr while I did a taper by my own last October 2020. I still sometimes take it when I can't sleep even with the sleeping pills.

I did use Ashwagandha (mother tincture with drops) but not long time.

Regarding, magnesium, I have read so many opposite opinions. First time I took it was on April 2020 for a year but tried different types such as :

MG citrate, L-threonate, Glycinate.

I also used so many others suppléments and herbals teas since I got Tinnitus such : B1, B3, B6, B9, B12, D3k2, Zinc, bacopa, Griffonia, Rohdiola and Safran, Kava Kava, valerian, 

hawthorn, passionflower, melisse, lavander .....etc 

I stoped taking everything since last month except Iron and B12

26 minutes ago, Nomansland said:

Bonjour @Yasmine,

ici vous pouvez trouver l'opinion des membres sur Ashwagandha:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/4713-ashwagandha-herb-for-anxiety-stress-and-toxic-overload/

et ici à propos du Tryptophane :

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/9933-5-htp-5-hydroxytryptophane-and-l-tryptophane/?tab=comments#comment-6069

Veuillez noter qu'en sevrage, nous avons tendance à être très sensibles aux médicaments et même à certaines herbes. Surtout s'ils agissent sur notre système nerveux.

Avant de décider de prendre autre chose, recherchez ici sur SA à propos d'un supplément / d'une herbe spécifique ou demandez ici dans votre fil de discussion. Il vaut mieux commencer avec une dose très faible

et voyez comment cela vous affecte.

Combien de mélatonine prenez-vous ? Et quand? 7 heures du matin n'est pas un bon moment pour le prendre. Il est généralement préférable de le prendre à l'aube, lorsque le soleil se couche pour soutenir votre production naturelle de mélatonine. Des doses élevées ont tendance à agir de manière paradoxale et peuvent vous réveiller. Altostrata recommande une dose de 0,3 mg de mélatonine. Aussi, vous devez le combiner avec les conseils du fil de mélatonine, pour retrouver votre sommeil. (Le bisglycinate de magnésium semble m'aider à dormir, lorsqu'il est pris juste avant d'aller au lit.)

Les deux échelles devraient être bonnes, ne vous inquiétez pas. Ils pèsent au maximum 20 g et descendent à environ 4 mg par paliers de 1 mg (= 0,001 g). Mais vous devez le calibrer de temps en temps (ne vous inquiétez pas, cela ne prend que quelques secondes et est décrit dans le manuel) et pour cela, vous avez généralement besoin de 2 poids de 10 g. Pour autant que je sache, seulement 1x 10g de poids est inclus dans la deuxième échelle de lien.

(voir ici pour des conseils sur l'utilisation de la balance : https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1596-using-a-digital-scale-to-measure-doses-weighing/?tab=comments#comment-13379 )

Lequel as-tu acheté?

Les salutations

Please have a look to what they think about magnesium in benzos withdrawal groups

Screenshot_20210627-071921_Facebook.jpg

Just now, Yasmine said:

S'il vous plaît jeter un oeil à ce qu'ils pensent du magnésium dans les groupes de sevrage benzos

Capture d'écran_20210627-071921_Facebook.jpg

why I can't not download the rest. That was important information I guess.

31 minutes ago, Nomansland said:

Bonjour @Yasmine,

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/9933-5-htp-5-hydroxytryptophane-and-l-tryptophane/?tab=comments#comment-6069

Veuillez noter qu'en sevrage, nous avons tendance à être très sensibles aux médicaments et même à certaines herbes. Surtout s'ils agissent sur notre système nerveux.

Avant de décider de prendre autre chose, recherchez ici sur SA à propos d'un supplément / d'une herbe spécifique ou demandez ici dans votre fil de discussion. Il vaut mieux commencer avec une dose très faible

Combien de mélatonine prenez-vous ? Et quand? 7 heures du matin n'est pas un bon moment pour le prendre. Il est généralement préférable de le prendre à l'aube, lorsque le soleil se couche pour soutenir votre production naturelle de mélatonine. Des doses élevées ont tendance à agir de manière paradoxale et peuvent vous réveiller. Altostrata recommande une dose de 0,3 mg de mélatonine. Aussi, vous devez le combiner avec les conseils du fil de mélatonine, pour retrouver votre sommeil. (Le bisglycinate de magnésium semble m'aider à dormir, lorsqu'il est pris juste avant d'aller au lit.)

Les deux échelles devraient être bonnes, ne vous inquiétez pas. Ils pèsent au maximum 20 g et descendent à environ 4 mg par paliers de 1 mg (= 0,001 g). Mais vous devez le calibrer de temps en temps (ne vous inquiétez pas, cela ne prend que quelques secondes et est décrit dans le manuel) et pour cela, vous avez généralement besoin de 2 poids de 10 g. Pour autant que je sache, seulement 1x 10g de poids est inclus dans la deuxième échelle de lien.

(voir ici pour des conseils sur l'utilisation de la balance : https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1596-using-a-digital-scale-to-measure-doses-weighing/?tab=comments#comment-13379 )

Lequel as-tu acheté?

Les salutations

I have not buy the scale yet because I did not wich one to choose 

1 hour ago, Erell said:

Bonjour Yasmine,

- Quel est votre dosage de mélatonine ?

Nous ne recommandons pas beaucoup de suppléments ici : personne ne peut prédire comment son corps réagira à une nouvelle substance, et nous pouvons apprendre de tous les témoignages qu'une fois qu'un système nerveux est déstabilisé, il est souvent préférable de garder les choses aussi simples et stables. que possible.

Nous ne suggérons que le magnésium et les omégas3, car il semble que la plupart des gens les trouvent utiles.

Si vous essayez quelque chose, essayez-en un seul à la fois et à faible dose pour voir comment votre corps réagit.

S'il vous plaît voir :

la-règle-de-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable

Oh et je vois ça @Nomansland a déjà tout dit pendant que je tapais, alors je m'arrête là et vous souhaite une bonne journée

Hello

Thank you for your reply @Nomansland 

I have read the link but I guess she is talking about the drugs, right?

Because regarding the supplements, I did not stop them slowly.

In my whole life, I did not take any supplement or drugs ( except rarely paracetamol for headache) until I got Tinnitus last year. As I was so bad, so desperate, I tried everything that helped others with Tinnitus. 

3 hours ago, Nomansland said:

Bonjour @Yasmine,

Les deux échelles devraient être bonnes, ne vous inquiétez pas. Ils pèsent au maximum 20 g et descendent à environ 4 mg par paliers de 1 mg (= 0,001 g). Mais vous devez le calibrer de temps en temps (ne vous inquiétez pas, cela ne prend que quelques secondes et est décrit dans le manuel) et pour cela, vous avez généralement besoin de 2 poids de 10 g. Pour autant que je sache, seulement 1x 10g de poids est inclus dans la deuxième échelle de lien. Vous pouvez facilement acheter un deuxième poids de 10g pour quelques euros, si vous n'en achetez qu'un.

Lequel as-tu acheté?

Les salutations

The scale won't be delivered before 15th of July. This is so late. I have already lost lot of time. And I don't find anywhere else. 

If I can not take melatonine, how I will sleep? I feel so bad

Hello @Yasmine,

i would go with the scale in the first link. But like i said, both should be fine. Just remember to order a second 10g weight if you buy the scale in the second link.

About two weeks sounds like a bit longer than normal for a delivery, but all in all its not too late.

You will have to taper slow, so one week more or less will not make a difference.

Also you can get a lot information here on SA. Wether its about supplements, tapering speed, non-drug coping skills etc...

you will be able to make well informed decision in your taper and also get help from experienced moderators.

No one said you can not take melatonin. But it can be even more effective in lower doses and taken at the right time

(at dawn or at least a few hours before you go to bed). Taking it at the wrong time can confuse your inner sleep rythym.

Regarding the "problem" with magnesium...iam not sure about that. Ive never taken a benzo (i have to taper an antidepressant),

but i doubt that magnesium will have bad consequences in the long term. But in withdrawal, everyone reactions different to certain supplements, so i will not say

everyone is fine taking magnesium. Thats why we should only take a very low dose when we try something new.

Maybe a moderator can say something about this magnesium issue? I would be interested because it concerns me a bit...even if i dont take benzos.

You should also try to calm yourself down and learn distractions methods, these are very important and can be integrated in your everyday life.

See here: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1112-non-drug-techniques-to-cope-with-emotional-symptoms/

They will help you even when your taper is over and you are med free (and be sure, this will be happening! Just take it slow and make well informed decisions).

Greetings from germany

• Moderator Emeritus
6 minutes ago, Yasmine said:

The scale won't be delivered before 15th of July. This is so late. I have already lost lot of time. And I don't find anywhere else. 

If I can not take melatonine, how I will sleep? I feel so bad

Hello @Yasmine

- I know how much you want to be off these drugs, we all do and can understand your rush to be free ❤

But I don't think you are 'loosing time' : you've done many changes this year, tried a lot of supplements, all these events might have contributed to your symptoms now and destabilised your nervous system.

Holding a dose is not "doing nothing", actually it is a very important part of this process as you're giving time to your CNS to do his repair work.

- Nobody is telling you to not take melatonin : we just advise people to be cautious with supplements, to try one at a time and at low dose, to read and educate themselves before trying anything.

Some people do find that melatonin help them  : if it's your case, nobody will judge you for taking it. However, we advise people to try at a low dose to see how it affects them.

Do you feel like melatonin helps you?

- I understand your urge to feel better quickly, to find something that could fix your symptoms now, we can understand that very well, we've all been there. Unfortunately, it seems that once a nervous system is destabilised, there are rarely quick fixes and we need to learn non-drug coping skills while trying to be patient while our bodies heal. Because they do heal, really. Nodoby can predict how long it will take, but we have enough testimonies to know that, with time, our bodies can stabilise.

- About sleep : lack of sleep can be a very distressing symptom, and I'm really sorry you're going through this. 

How many hours do you sleep currently ?

Have you taken a look to the tips @Nomansland provided ?

It took me a long time to understand this idea of a "destabilised nervous system", the fact that with too many changes in drugs/too many changes in supplements we take the risk to add fuel on the fire.

I understand it can be difficult in another langage, but could you take a look at this thread (it might help you to understand what is happening in your brain) :

how-psychiatric-drugs-remodel-your-brain/

Questions :

- you're at 1mg since 25th May  : how did your symptoms evolve after this 50% drop ?

Hang on Yasmine, it really can get better ☺☀️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus

I found this post (written by one of our moderators) really helpful :

There is, unfortunately, no "silver bullet" to withdrawal or any of its symptoms, including insomnia.  If there were, SA would be a much smaller site than it is at this point.  Sadly, it continues to grow as more and more people get caught in the psychiatric medication "web."

insomnia and disordered sleeping is a hallmark of psychiatric medication withdrawal.  It starts earlier than that with many studies making it clear that SSRIs (and other psych meds) frequently suppress REM sleep for those who take the meds.  https://www.sleepio.com/articles/sleep-aids/antidepressants-and-sleep/  Given this as a backdrop, it should be no surprise that coming off the meds can wreak havoc on sleep.  The good news, however, is that the brain works hard to achieve homeostasis and, all other things being equal, the brain will return to a place where sleep becomes, as it should be, a matter of routine.  How long that takes for any one person is impossible to predict.  

So, what do you do?  In no particular order, some of the things to try:

• Don't place too much significance on sleep.  Rest should be the key and when your body absolutely needs to sleep it will.  The anxiety that comes with lying awake and saying "I must sleep" is far worse than the not sleeping.  It's hard but it can be done.
  • Try a journaling practice before bed -- get out the things that are on your mind and add 3 things you are grateful for from the day
  • Get a sleep ritual in place so that you do the same thing day after day and start to repair your circadian rhythms
  • Take a warm bath with epsom salts few hours before bedtime and add in a cup of chamomile tea
  • Use lavender essential oils in a diffuser at bedtime
  • Exercise early in the day so that you aren't activated near bedtime
  • Get outside and get some sunlight early in the day so that your rhythms are reestablished
  • Make sure you have a consistent bedtime 
  • Try not to be too activated in the couple of hours before bed and, of course, no caffeine
  • Add a meditation practice
  • Try yoga
  • Go for walks in nature
Most insomnia is the result of the body being "hyperstimulated."  It is very hard to calm down an overstimulated body, especially when it is the result of chemical cascades that come as a result of medication use and withdrawal.  But, it can be done to a certain degree and the skills learned will provide valuable as your body improves over time.  

From my own perspective, my sleep is still not great, but it it better than it was.  I went through many stretches of 2 or 3 days with zero or an hour or two a night of sleep.  At this point, I have the occasional sleepless night, but most nights I'm good for at least 5 and usually closer to 6 hours.  By "normal" people standards that's not great, but it feels pretty good when compared to 0 or 2-3 hours a night.  As the saying goes, "in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king!"

Try not to let it become the dominant factor in your life.  Over time, it will get better and you will heal.  Just do your best to continue to live your life what your brain is repairing itself.

Current medication :

46 minutes ago, Nomansland said:

Bonjour @Yasmine,

j'irais avec l'échelle dans le premier lien. Mais comme je l'ai dit, les deux devraient être bons. N'oubliez pas de commander un deuxième poids de 10g si vous achetez la balance dans le deuxième lien.

Environ deux semaines semblent un peu plus longues que la normale pour une livraison, mais dans l'ensemble, ce n'est pas trop tard.

Vous devrez diminuer lentement, donc une semaine de plus ou de moins ne fera pas de différence.

Vous pouvez également obtenir beaucoup d'informations ici sur SA. Qu'il s'agisse de suppléments, de vitesse décroissante, de capacités d'adaptation non médicamenteuses, etc.

vous pourrez prendre une décision éclairée dans votre taper et également obtenir l'aide de modérateurs expérimentés.

Personne n'a dit que vous ne pouvez pas prendre de mélatonine. Mais il peut être encore plus efficace à faible dose et pris au bon moment

(à l'aube ou au moins quelques heures avant d'aller au lit). Le prendre au mauvais moment peut perturber votre rythme de sommeil intérieur.

Concernant le "problème" avec le magnésium... je n'en suis pas sûr. Je n'ai jamais pris de benzo (je dois diminuer un antidépresseur),

mais je doute que le magnésium ait de mauvaises conséquences à long terme. Mais en sevrage, tout le monde réagit différemment à certains suppléments, donc je ne dirai pas

tout le monde va bien en prenant du magnésium. C'est pourquoi nous ne devrions prendre qu'une très faible dose lorsque nous essayons quelque chose de nouveau.

Peut-être qu'un modérateur pourra dire quelque chose sur ce problème de magnésium ? Je serais intéressé car cela me préoccupe un peu...même si je ne prends pas de benzos.

Vous devriez également essayer de vous calmer et d'apprendre des méthodes de distraction, elles sont très importantes et peuvent être intégrées dans votre vie de tous les jours.

Voir ici : https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1112-non-drug-techniques-to-cope-with-emotional-symptoms/

Ils vous aideront même lorsque votre sevrage sera terminé et que vous n'aurez plus de médicaments (et soyez sûr que cela arrivera ! Allez-y doucement et prenez des décisions bien informées).

Salutations d'Allemagne

Dear Nomansland, dear @Erell,

Thank you so much for your kindness and your support.

The scale in the first link can be delivered between 6th to 16th July. 

I know no one said to not take melatonin but read on the link that we shouldn't take 0.3mg whereas the one a take 1.9mg (which melts under tongue) seems to not working every night.  I take it while I am in bed and only if the lormétazépam 1mg is not helping. 

Magnesium doesn't seem to help me so I won't try again.

You are right I have to calm myself. And I am trying by doing yoga, walking , coherence cardiaque ( breathing exercises).

@Erell 

Melatonin sometimes helps and sometimes doesn't at all.

I really don't understand why every night is different.

But this is the first time since last year when tinnitus appeared that I can't sleep 2 nights in a raw.

I slept maybe 3 hours for 2 days.

My symptoms are:

Insomnia, burning feeling in foot legs arms hands, eyes electric feeling in head,

Tingling and numbness especially while sleeping.

Vivid dreams and nightmares.

What about you both?

Are you still tapering? How do you feel? When did you start taper?

Thank you again

Greetings,

Yasmine 

1 hour ago, Erell said:

J'ai trouvé ce post (écrit par l'un de nos modérateurs) vraiment utile :

Il n'y a malheureusement pas de solution miracle au sevrage ou à l'un de ses symptômes, y compris l'insomnie. S'il y en avait, SA serait un site beaucoup plus petit qu'il ne l'est à ce stade. Malheureusement, il continue de croître au fur et à mesure que de plus en plus de personnes sont prises dans le « web » des médicaments psychiatriques.

l'insomnie et les troubles du sommeil sont une caractéristique du sevrage des médicaments psychiatriques. Cela commence plus tôt que cela avec de nombreuses études indiquant clairement que les ISRS (et autres médicaments psychologiques) suppriment fréquemment le sommeil paradoxal pour ceux qui prennent les médicaments.  https://www.sleepio.com/articles/sleep-aids/antidepressants-and-sleep/   Compte tenu de cela en toile de fond, il n'est pas surprenant que l'arrêt des médicaments puisse faire des ravages sur le sommeil. La bonne nouvelle, cependant, est que le cerveau travaille dur pour atteindre l'homéostasie et, toutes choses égales par ailleurs, le cerveau retournera à un endroit où le sommeil devient, comme il se doit, une question de routine. Combien de temps cela prend pour une personne est impossible à prédire.  

Donc que fais-tu? Sans ordre particulier, certaines des choses à essayer:

• N'accordez pas trop d'importance au sommeil. Le repos devrait être la clé et lorsque votre corps a absolument besoin de dormir, il le fera. L'anxiété qui accompagne le fait de rester éveillé et de dire « Je dois dormir » est bien pire que de ne pas dormir. C'est dur mais c'est faisable.
  • Essayez une pratique de journalisation avant de vous coucher - sortez les choses qui vous préoccupent et ajoutez 3 choses pour lesquelles vous êtes reconnaissant de la journée
  • Mettez en place un rituel de sommeil pour faire la même chose jour après jour et commencer à réparer vos rythmes circadiens
  • Prenez un bain chaud avec des sels d'Epsom quelques heures avant le coucher et ajoutez une tasse de thé à la camomille
  • Utiliser les huiles essentielles de lavande dans un diffuseur au coucher
  • Faites de l'exercice tôt dans la journée pour ne pas être activé près de l'heure du coucher
  • Sortez et prenez un peu de soleil en début de journée pour que vos rythmes se rétablissent
  • Assurez-vous d'avoir une heure de coucher cohérente 
  • Essayez de ne pas être trop activé quelques heures avant de vous coucher et, bien sûr, pas de caféine
  • Ajouter une pratique de méditation
  • Essayez le yoga
  • Faire des balades dans la nature
La plupart des insomnies sont le résultat d'une « hyperstimulation » du corps. Il est très difficile de calmer un corps surstimulé, surtout lorsqu'il est le résultat de cascades chimiques résultant de l'utilisation et du sevrage de médicaments. Mais, cela peut être fait dans une certaine mesure et les compétences acquises seront précieuses à mesure que votre corps s'améliore au fil du temps.  

De mon point de vue, mon sommeil n'est toujours pas bon, mais c'est mieux qu'avant. J'ai traversé de nombreuses périodes de 2 ou 3 jours avec zéro ou une heure ou deux par nuit de sommeil. À ce stade, j'ai parfois des nuits blanches, mais la plupart des nuits, je vais bien pendant au moins 5 heures et généralement plus près de 6 heures. Selon les normes des gens "normaux", ce n'est pas génial, mais ça fait du bien par rapport à 0 ou 2 à 3 heures par nuit. Comme dit le proverbe, "au pays des aveugles, le borgne est roi !"

Essayez de ne pas le laisser devenir le facteur dominant dans votre vie. Avec le temps, cela ira mieux et vous guérirez. Faites simplement de votre mieux pour continuer à vivre votre vie ce que votre cerveau se répare.

Dear Erell,

Thank you so much, these  informations are very valuable.

I have read also in another forum , that the spleeping drug should be taken by the latest at 9h30pm otherwise it is not effective 

What do you think about that? 

Hello @Yasmine,

melatonin tells your body to go into "sleep mode", so its part of your natural body process.

If you take it in the middle of the night or at morning, in my opinion it could worsen your sleep. It should be taken in the late evening or a few hours before going to bed.

Its not like a normal sleeping pill, but you can use it to regain your "normal" circadian rhythm, as you can read in the melatonin thread.

Just be careful not taking it too late, because that could change your sleep rythm in the wrong direction (and that rythm is evolutionary affected by the sunlight).

You can buy 0.3 mg melatonin as a supplement. Or 1 mg and split the tablet. I dont know if your tablet can be split.

Some people here on SA take a bit more than 0.3 mg. So its a bit an individual thing what might work. But i think a low dose to start with

is always a good idea and going up slowly can prevent paradoxical effects. We can be sensitive to many drugs and herbs in withdrawal, so we have to

see if our body reacts in a good or a bad way.

19015_Liveli_CircadianRhythm_Blog_1024x1

What is the sleep drug youre taking? An antihistamine?

Greetings

43 minutes ago, Nomansland said:

Bonjour @Yasmine,

la mélatonine dit à votre corps de passer en "mode sommeil", donc cela fait partie de votre processus corporel naturel.

Si vous le prenez au milieu de la nuit ou le matin, à mon avis, cela pourrait aggraver votre sommeil. Il doit être pris en fin de soirée ou quelques heures avant d'aller au lit.

Ce n'est pas comme un somnifère normal, mais vous pouvez l'utiliser pour retrouver votre rythme circadien "normal", comme vous pouvez le lire dans le fil de mélatonine.

Faites juste attention à ne pas le prendre trop tard, car cela pourrait changer votre rythme de sommeil dans le mauvais sens (et ce rythme est évolutif affecté par la lumière du soleil).

Vous pouvez acheter 0,3 mg de mélatonine en complément. Ou 1 mg et diviser le comprimé. Je ne sais pas si votre tablette peut être divisée.

Certaines personnes ici sur SA prennent un peu plus de 0,3 mg. C'est donc un peu une chose individuelle qui pourrait fonctionner. Mais je pense qu'une faible dose pour commencer

est toujours une bonne idée et monter lentement peut éviter des effets paradoxaux.

19015_Liveli_CircadianRhythm_Blog_1024x1

Quel est le somnifère que vous prenez ? Un antihistaminique ?

Les salutations

Yes actually I used to take it when I go to bed but sometimes then a wake up.during the night and can't sleep until early morning so I took again a tablet 1.9mg .

Last week.I didn't take it at all and could sleep even if I woke up twice in a night but the most important for me it's to be able to go back to sleep.

So if I have started with 1.9mg Tablet since last October, I can.still take the 1/4 of my pill  now and that would be efficient ? Will give a try.

I have olso lavande and yasmine oil in the brumistateur.

No the sleeping drug I take is an hypnotic belong to benzos family unfortunately 😔

Hello @Yasmine,

oh okay sorry, i thought you would take another drug (like a sleeping pill) in addition to Lormetazepam.

I cant say if you will benefit from low or high dose of melatonin, but i think its important to know how to use it.

Its just not a sleep pill that you should take in the early morning when you cant sleep (and i know how bad it feels

if you havent sleep, sadly).

You already got a lot of information. Most of these things might not work immediately, but if you practice them everyday

and sort some things out that work for you, you will benefit from them. I promise.

Oh and if you have problems with the language, this is a very, very good translator:

https://www.deepl.com/translator

Greetings

17 minutes ago, Nomansland said:

Hello @Yasmine,

oh okay sorry, i thought you would take another drug (like a sleeping pill) in addition to Lormetazepam.

I cant say if you will benefit from low or high dose of melatonin, but i think its important to know how to use it.

Its just not a sleep pill that you should take in the early morning when you cant sleep (and i know how bad it feels

if you havent sleep, sadly).

You already got a lot of information. Most of these things might not work immediately, but if you practice them everyday

and sort some things out that work for you, you will benefit from them. I promise.

Oh and if you have problems with the language, this is a very, very good translator:

https://www.deepl.com/translator

Greetings

No that was an execption. I don't usually take it at this time but as I couldn't sleep at all night , I was exhausted and thinking how I would be able to function property and finish my journey without even 1 hour sleep..then I took it. I won't do it again.

Thank you again for everything. 

Now I am in bed and took already my poison 😩

So hopefully I 🙏will get some sleep

Have a good day

Yasmine 

Ps thank.you for the translator 

16 hours ago, Yasmine said:

La balance ne sera pas livrée avant le 15 juillet. C'est si tard. J'ai déjà perdu beaucoup de temps. Et je ne trouve nulle part ailleurs. 

Si je ne peux pas prendre de mélatonine, comment vais-je dormir ? je me sens si mal

Hello,

Regarding, the scale why the one from 0.001 x 20g is not convenient?

Do you thing the weigh of 10 tablets would exceed 20g?

Could you please send 🙏 another link with another convenient scale please as I don't want to make mistake? 

Thank you 

Greetings from neighboring Country