BeyondGabapentinoids: Transitioning Members from Lyrica Survivors FB group

BeyondGabapentinoids

21 hours ago, Frogie said:

Maybe try to do just as I have done and use the "quote" on the bottom of the response. This is what you will see, but you will be able to respond. Let me know if this works.

Hi Froggie I'm now on my laptop and the same issue is occurring.  Probably b/c I'm using safari.  Will try to comment on someone's post.  Thank you.

Michele G:  my Intro topic

Poly drugged 20 yrs ADs & sleeping pills. 10 years Anxiolytic. 7 yrs Lyrica. 
Hx Valium 15mg 12/20 cut dose in half now on 2.5mg 3x/day.

Mirtazapine 7.5mg CTd 3/2021 per Dr, reinstated 4/21 @ 15mg. Zopiclone 3.75 CTd 7/21 E-script glitch, didn’t resume. 2016 Lyrica 150mg 2x/day, < 100mg 2x/day 2016. Tapered to 50mg 2x/day 4/2021-10/21, taper on hold. Oxybutnin Patch 3.9mg started 2016. LDN 3.0mg at night. Fish oil, Magnesium 400mg, Multivitamin, Iron,  D3/K2, B Vitamins - all daily.  Ashwagandha as needed  Not cognisant of tapering until joining Lyrica Survivors.

My typing does always appear using an I pad !  
but ok on my phone-))

My Intro topic.  Was Dickie in FB gabapentinoids 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

2020 June Stopped Pregabalin 150 at night using Ashton Method Some holds. 

2021 December Stopped Mirtazipine 15 using Ashton Method. (Slower at end). 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Oxazepam 10mg.STOPPED 10th FEB 2022  “Rescue dose x 2 in 2 months. 

Buccastem 3mg less than 1 a month for nausea. 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

That’s really strange. If it keeps up I’ll make a report and see if they can figure it out.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Administrator

If you are from the Facebook group and have not yet started your own Introductions topic, please add the tag "gabapentinoids" (no quote marks) when you enter your topic title. This will help your friends from the Facebook group and others find you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

On 2/20/2022 at 5:21 PM, Altostrata said:

If you are from the Facebook group and have not yet started your own Introductions topic, please add the tag "gabapentinoids" (no quote marks) when you enter your topic title. This will help your friends from the Facebook group and others find you.

Hey do we go where the forums are and start a new topic or go to the chat group from Facebook about lyryca?   Thanks 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, SurvivingInjustice said:

Hey do we go where the forums are and start a new topic or go to the chat group from Facebook about lyryca?   Thanks 

I've sent you a Friendly Warning 0 point which explains what to do.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Sorry for my mindset at the moment but being in chronic pain and withdrawals isn’t helping me to gain any knowledge of how to use this sight for what it’s intended use is. So bc I’ll be in withdrawals for a good while,I’ll go ahead and excuse myself bc I’m so intolerant of even myself atm much less not knowing how to work a website. Please forgive me as my brain is in such terrible shape and feels like it’s declining. I thank you all for always there for us,it’s just this is too extremely hard for me,aftr the first week of another drop in my dosage,I need support and I don’t say those words lightly. My kidneys or lower back feel as tho they’re on fire and won’t let up on top of all the other acute wd Iv had. But anyways I can’t see anymore for my eyes feeling with tears. This is quiet a bit of hell on earth!!      Prayers to you all. 
im sure I’ll do this wrong but oh well gotta try sumjn before I give up! 

• Administrator

You are in the Introductions forum. All you have to do is click on the link in the breadcrumb trail at the top of the topic page (Home > Support > Introductions and updates >....) and start a topic by clicking on the big blue Start New Topic button at the top right of the page.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@SurvivingInjustice

I know you had valuable support with your pain relief in the other place. 

As you know I am in a lot of pain and my doc wants me back on ADs for it which I declined. 
I found entering Pain in the search bar quite helpful. We aren’t the only ones in trouble. ! There are some helpful posts in there. 
OD 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

@SurvivingInjustice

Hey I just wanted to jump on and say you can message me anytime you want ill help you if I can figure it out. I'm still learning too but things are getting easier I think.   Hang in there we will get thru this!! And 

@OldDodgy. Thanks for the recommendation to put pain in the search bar I will try it. This is my first winter since 2010 I haven't had a lomg acting opioid on board and it's been a new experience in pain. But I haven't added any new Rx drugs and I will not!  

Hang in there you two XOXO 

MJF

MerryJayneFriday

Polydrugged for many years after dx of Failed Back surgery.   Tapered from Lyrica from 2016 to 2020

Quit 10 mg oxycontin Sept 2021

currently taking 5mg oxycodone every 4 to 5 hours

Hi @MerryJayneFriday and @oldDodgy

where is the forum to chat about tapering from L ? Sorry still a bit confused ! 
thanks

FionaM:  my Intro topic

Pregablin was 100mg daily now 30.2mg😌once a day.

Tapering micro dose 0.2mg once or twice a week as can’t stand pain or the tinitus ! 
I need to increase my taper to a minimum of 5% a week otherwise I will be on this drug forever. If anyone has any hints and tips on how to manage the pain whilst tapering that would be awesome !

co-codamol 30/500mg

Thank you for reading my signature ! 😀

6 hours ago, MerryJayneFriday said:

@SurvivingInjustice

Hey I just wanted to jump on and say you can message me anytime you want ill help you if I can figure it out. I'm still learning too but things are getting easier I think.   Hang in there we will get thru this!! And 

@OldDodgy. Thanks for the recommendation to put pain in the search bar I will try it. This is my first winter since 2010 I haven't had a lomg acting opioid on board and it's been a new experience in pain. But I haven't added any new Rx drugs and I will not!  

Hang in there you two XOXO 

MJF

I’m just trying to figure out how to do my signature and detoxing info if I hadn’t already done it right bc I can tell.   And I thank you for the offer. It’s getting really hard to figure this out but I won’t give up. I have to take breaks or I’ll get frustrated like the other day which I don’t mean to. Thank you MJF and olddodgy you’ll are very appreciated! 

• Administrator

It's always frustrating to learn a new place in cyberspace. Breathe calmly, take breaks, eat the elephant one bite at a time. You'll get it.

Hi all, Xenia R from Facebook here. I'm glad we have a new support place after the Facebook group closed. I only joined it a few months ago and wasn't very active there, so you probably don't know me. Now I'm in need of support again, so I decided to join this forum. I'm still a bit confused to be honest. I created an introduction topic, and got redirected here. Hope you all are doing well!

I'm Xenia R from the FB Lyrica Survivors group.  My Intro topic.

2014 - 2016: Quetiapine. Stopped cold turkey.
2016 - 2017: Escitalopram. Stopped cold turkey.
2016 - present day: Pregabalin. Started at 50mg and gradually increased to 400mg. In 2018 dropped to 300mg and stayed there until September 2021, when I started a slow taper. Currently at 130mg/day.

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, HopefulHedgehog said:

I created an introduction topic, and got redirected here.

Frogie gave you the link to this topic so that you could find other FB members.

Your own Introduction topic click on this link is the place where you ask questions specific to your situation and journal your progress.  That will keep your history in one place and means you do not have to repeat your story.  I have tagged MerryJayneFriday in your Introduction topic asking her to assist you in that topic.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

If you would like your FB member name added to your drug signature and you are not able to do this, please PM me advising your FB name I I will do that for you.

To make it easier for members to find the Introduction topic of other members this morning I have tried to find FB members' Introduction topics and added "My Intro topic" links the drug signatures.  If I could see a FB member name I have also added that.  I have NOT changed any other information in the drug signature.

Please check that the information (ie the link goes to the correct topic and the FB name) I have added is correct.  If you are not able to fix this yourself, please send me a PM and I will do it for you.

If your Introduction topic does not have a "gabapentinoids" tag please PM me and I will add that.

This link will go straight to your own drug signature.  Remember to click Save.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, themartian1000 said:

Do we "join" the group just by replying here? Do we tell our name somehow? Thanks!

There is information in Post #1 of this topic and also more posts made by staff.  Please read them.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone having luck getting members from the old group see your posts?

I have not seen anyone else’s posts and only 2 people see mine. 

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

currently taking 85mg of Lyrica. 

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Clonazapam- currently taking 0.5mg for anxiety 
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

Zoloft- took as an adolescent and into my 20s. Went off of it in my early 20s. 
Buspar- Took as a child, must have switched to Zoloft at some point. 

@LizaB

There are not many active. I know about 6. 

I got to know new people by seeing if any new posts in introduction ls were relevant and with a day. 

Also I have two mods helping me get better. 

I don’t post as I used to because this site has much tighter rules. 

OD 

@LizaB

Hey I am still here lurking lol. But like my pal OD I do not post as much here. 

MJF

MerryJayneFriday

Polydrugged for many years after dx of Failed Back surgery.   Tapered from Lyrica from 2016 to 2020

• Administrator

Please look for the tag "gabapentinoids" and post in others' topics to find your people.

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, LizaB said:

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Please look for the tag "gabapentinoids" and post in others' topics to find your people.

Link to tag search:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/tags/gabapentinoids/

22 hours ago, LizaB said:

I only come on here if I get notifications. There just aren't many people here from the old group. Just kind of waiting for the new website or the FB group to start up again. 

I'm Catherine M B from the FB Lyrica Survivors group: my Intro topic

I'm now off everything!! I'll simplify this since I've taken so many different things over the years and even switched them back and forth. Some overlapped like Gabapentin and Pregabalin. I'm surprised I'm not dead from it all and it was all prescribed!

Gabapentin 2007 - 2017 (1200mg) Not much taper since it was the first one and I didn't know how.

Cyclobenzaprine 2011 - 2017 

Clonazepam 2004 - 2/2/21 (2mg)  10 mth taper 

Pregabalin 2010 - 2/14/22 (300mg) 14 mth taper 

Propranolol 2004 - March 2022  (20mg) 

LizaB - I’m rarely active on here, remain a bit lost. Am also waiting for either the group to resume or the website. Manage to lose my way on the site - am blaming it on my denuded Lyrica brain!!!  Suppose I need to add age as well.  

Mirtazapine 7.5mg CTd 3/2021 per Dr, reinstated 4/21 @ 15mg. Zopiclone 3.75 CTd 7/21 E-script glitch, didn’t resume. 2016 Lyrica 150mg 2x/day, < 100mg 2x/day 2016. Tapered to 50mg 2x/day 4/2021-10/21, taper on hold. Oxybutnin Patch 3.9mg started 2016. LDN 3.0mg at night. Fish oil, Magnesium 400mg, Multivitamin, Iron,  D3/K2, B Vitamins - all daily.  Ashwagandha as needed  Not cognisant of tapering until joining Lyrica Survivors.

@Aussieblue

I can’t always blame pregabalin any more. 

Having coped Covid I now know what true brain fog is about. And as for the cheerful bunnies that said it’s just a “cold”’- I hate them. 

Even a good Australian Shiraz tastes like gargle-)) 

Hey ho 

OldDodgy 

A dear friend with multiple comorbidities, living in USA contracted the virus & described it as no worse than a cold!!  Believe it must depend upon the sub variant. 

The day will come OD you shall wake clear of head with taste buds yearning and jumping for joy from the subtleties of Aussie vino. 

You’re an amazing person graced with inner fortitude and shall prevail. 

Kind thoughts, love & light. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Aussieblue

I am glad your friend did well. 
Three weeks in I am still pretty weak. 

Bit alarmed by Swedish study showing Covid gives you 20x chance of a Pulmonary embolism in first six months. My doc unaware and didn’t recommend thinners for a while so had further pleurisy in the night. Bother 

This is hardly conducive to having another bash at diazepam withdrawal! 

I hope other LS group have more cheerful news !  

OldDodgy 

OldDodgy, believe this is the time to hold and wait for a diagnosis.  To inflict withdrawal on one’s body whilst continuing to be symptomatic from the virus is too much of a challenge on an already overburdened immune system. Just my two cents worth. 

To quote a moderator from LS - “this is a marathon and not a sprint”.  Heal thyself first. 

You’re in my prayers. 

kindest regards. Aussieblue aka MicheleG

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello mazlou and welcome to SA,

Thank you for creating your Introduction topic.  Please follow these instructions and create your drug signature:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

A moderator will respond to you in your Intro topic as soon as they can, and once approved then that post will be visible to all members.

I have added a link to your Intro topic in your drug signature.  Please click BELOW it and then start typing your drug history (this is different from the information you provided when you joined; that is only visible to staff members).  This link goes straight to your signature (please read the instructions above first):  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Edited by ChessieCat

@mazlou76

Hey I'm here only on here I'm MerryJayneFriday lol.  Chessiecat has told you already how to get started and I'll be in and out. Hope you're doin well

MJF

MerryJayneFriday

On 5/30/2022 at 9:17 PM, mazlou76 said:

Hello I’m from fbook group and feel bit lost trying to navigate this site. Someone please say hi Lori Lee are you here?

Hi Mazlou, 

I'm from the fb group too, hope you're doing ok.  I have trouble navigating too.

My Intro topic  

Insomnia following AZ vaccine April 21.

May 21-July 21-Began Lorazepam.  Withdrew as per Dr recommendations. (i now have learned that this was too fast)

August 21 diagnosed with Fibromyralgia and CFS and possible Ehlers Danlos

September 21- Started Pregabalin/Lyrica 150mg, upped to 250mg in the coming weeks, didn't like the way it made me feel so dropped to 200mg end Nov 21/start Dec 21 (as per Dr advice) found the survivors group, held there until

22nd Jan 22 began following Ashton Manual. Got to 88mg am and pm (176mg daily) 11th March.  Holding here atm as caught covid, and appears I have symptoms of long covid.

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I was also member in the FB group at the end of its time. I still take all the crap and not feeling very well. Hope to get off of all these drugs. Started with tapering of Quetiapine and Mirtazapin at the beginning of the year. 

Best wishes,

Sonja aka Lamalein here

Sonia / Lamalein       Link:  My Intro topic

2000 for 5 months in hospital because of Anxiety & panic attacks, 2 withdrawals from benzo, left with 300 mg Quetiapin und 1000 mg Ergenyl Chrono. Reduced Quetiapine and Valproine in 6 years. Since 2006 no meds until mid 2020. After that until 9/2021 in 8 hospitals; traumatized of hospitals and meds. Cold turkey with the meds: Sertralin (got suicidal), Promethazin, Diazepam, Fluxetin, Olanzapin, Risperidon, Quetiapine, Pipamperon, Duloxetin, Agomelatin (paradox), Paroxetin. All the time in withdrawal.

Meds now:
Lorazepam  0. 5mg - 0 - 0.5 mg - 0  II  Pregabaline  75 mg - 75 mg - 75 mg - 0  II Quetiapine ret.  0 - 0 - 100 mg - 0 
II Quetiapine unret. 12,5mg - 0 - 0 - 0 II  Mirtazapine  0 - 0 - 0 - 30 mg

Reductions in 2022:

Quetiapin retard 300 mg: 31.01.2022: 250 mg >> 29.06.2022: 50 mg to noon + 200 mg >> 01.07.2022: 200 mg ret + 25 mg unret. >> 27.07.2022: 200 mg ret >> 28.09.2022: 150 mg retard + 25 mg unret. +25 mg unret. >> 17.10.2022: 150 mg ret + 25 mg unret. at noon >> 21.11.2022: 150 mg ret. >> 7.01.2023: 100 mg ret. + 25mg unret. + 25mg unret. >> 07.02.2023: 100mg ret. + 12,5mg unret. + 25 mg unret. >> 23.02.2023: 25 mg unret. + 100 mg retard. >> 08.03.2023: 12,5 mg unret. + 100 mg retard.

Mirtazapin 45 mg - Water tiration: 13.03.2022: 37,5 mg >> 16.04.2022: 33,75 mg >> 09.05.2022: 30 mg

• Shep unpinned this topic
  • 9 months later...

Hello guys, Maybe my question will be unrelated but I'm desperate for some advice because I don't have where to go and feel stuck.I have been taking lyrica for almost 4 months now after lots of mistakes by tappering fast (docs recommendations) and an error I did lastly which since then Im in a terror .

I did the mistake by taking 3 doses of 94mg from 47 mg I should had taken, because did my water solution calculation wrong.So now Im in a difficult situation because i have thought of harming other people and me ,very high agitation chest pain that are massive and I feel Im loosing my mind since.

I just want your opinion if it would be best for mee to do now in oreder to reduce symptoms and achieve stability to increase the dose and stay there let's say 2*75 daily for some months  until  reach some level of stability and then start tappering slowly because now things are not good.@Altostrata(sorry alto I didn't want to tag you here just cant delete now your name )

So what would be the best thing to do in this situation?To increase ,and how fast to increase? Because I am lost and no where to go.

01/2017-12/2022 ~6 Years on Generic Escilitopram (5mg-20mg) because of repetitive panic attacks and anxiety that lead to depression. My tapering was not tapering as I read here. I consider it CT because of wrong directions of docs, I went from 20mg to 5mg in a short amount of time and then jumped to 0mg.

•01/07/23 Took maca root powder for pssd for 4 days only which I think worsened my symptoms a lot.(Not sure if that was the cause or what came was supposed to come)
•15/07/23-01/08/23 Prebagalin) 2x50mg

01/08/23 - 05/08/23.  75x50mg

06/08/23 - 18/08/23 2x75mg an then reduced 19/09/23 - 23-09 to 75x50mg 

24/09/23 - 1/12/23 2x50mg.

1/12/22- ongoing  2x45mg( on first week of December happened a mistake in liquid I made and took 4  times double dose  )

15/01/24 -  ongoing occasional 5mg  diazepam for anxiety.