Stability

And anxiety helps:

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes) Female voice - getselfhelp.co.uk

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes) Male voice - getselfhelp.co.uk

Audio:  How to Recover from Anxiety - Dr Claire Weekes

Acknowledge Accept Float

Music to Calm Anxiety

Breathing Technique for Anxiety

Anxiety Stuff - all kinds of stuff about anxiety attacks and things that help ...

Meditation

Emotional Spirals

Edited by manymoretodays
none

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 2:22 PM, Altostrata said:

People seem to have a smoother  transition if they take part of the dose in capsules and the rest in liquid, such as 5mg capsules with 2.8mg liquid, taper from the liquid portion.

Hi alto, the tablets I have are not from the same manufacturer as my previous self made capsules. My problem would be making capsules of 5mgd from a different manufacturer as before and then adding 2.8 new liquid thus adding two changes into the mix. I opted to just go with the compounding pharmacy’s own oil base Prozac liquid with no fillers. I’ve been on it for 9 days now and was doing fine until the 6th day. Kind of hit a wall. Not sure if I just overdid it physically or the switch is causing a bit of an adjustment. Would appreciate a vote of confidence I chose the lesser or two evils so to speak. Thanks 

1993 started 20mg Prozac.

2008 switched to 10mg of lexapro.

2015 added 50mg of Wellbutrin. Between 2015 and 2020 raised and lowered dosage of both. 2021 moved to Zoloft for one month then back to lexapro for one month. Then switched to 60mg cymbalta for four months. Then Basically cold turkeyed off cymbalta in two weeks using Prozac as a crossover med to reduce withdrawals. Not good. Then had Nortriptylene added to Prozac. Was on 20mg Prozac and 50mg of Nortriptylene for four months. Then did a four month ween off Nortriptylene. To date have been off cymbalta for approximately 11 months and Nortriptylene 7 weeks.  Presently taking 12.5 mg Prozac. Also taking 10 mg of bystolic for BLood Pressure. I’m not sure how the Prozac makes me feel. It does nothing to make me feel not sad and anxious at times. I finally figured out the meds are not what I need. What I need is to get off the 12.5mg of Prozac and continue to work on my stuff. Any help is deeply appreciated thank you. Reduced from 12.5 to 10 then from 10 to 7.5. Too much of a drop. Bought a scale and went to 9. Stabilized and went to 8.2 oct 1, 2022. Just got hit with wicked low mood, high anxiety, fatigue, chills. The anxiety is high in the AM and  lessons throughout the day. Hoping to stabilize soon 

@ChessieCat can you give me some advice please? I’ve read a few stories here about people reinstating after some time beyond the two to three week period. I was pulled off cymbalta in two weeks with a crossover of Prozac. Then some Nortriptylene was added to the Prozac by a numb psychiatrist because he thought he could fix things. I then learned about SA and all the solid info here. I dropped the Nortriptylene over 4 months (same time I was on it) I then had the Prozac which I’m working on now. It’s been 18 months since the cymbalta CT. I’ve been in and out of windows and waves all through the 18mos. Never truly felt stable though. The cymbalta def stimulated me. One reason I wanted to come off. I was hit very hard the second day it was off the cymbalta. I’m wondering now what the odds would be if I were to trade the Prozac for a very small dose of cymbalta. Then at a later date continue tapering. I’m not sure if I’m like a drowning man just looking for a desperate way of feeling better or making sense. My thinking is does it ever make sense to reinstate the drug that started this mess? Albeit there were drugs before the cymbalta. Any help or wisdom would feel good. Thank you 

2015 added 50mg of Wellbutrin. Between 2015 and 2020 raised and lowered dosage of both. 2021 moved to Zoloft for one month then back to lexapro for one month. Then switched to 60mg cymbalta for four months. Then Basically cold turkeyed off cymbalta in two weeks using Prozac as a crossover med to reduce withdrawals. Not good. Then had Nortriptylene added to Prozac. Was on 20mg Prozac and 50mg of Nortriptylene for four months. Then did a four month ween off Nortriptylene. To date have been off cymbalta for approximately 11 months and Nortriptylene 7 weeks.  Presently taking 12.5 mg Prozac. Also taking 10 mg of bystolic for BLood Pressure. I’m not sure how the Prozac makes me feel. It does nothing to make me feel not sad and anxious at times. I finally figured out the meds are not what I need. What I need is to get off the 12.5mg of Prozac and continue to work on my stuff. Any help is deeply appreciated thank you. Reduced from 12.5 to 10 then from 10 to 7.5. Too much of a drop. Bought a scale and went to 9. Stabilized and went to 8.2 oct 1, 2022. Just got hit with wicked low mood, high anxiety, fatigue, chills. The anxiety is high in the AM and  lessons throughout the day. Hoping to stabilize soon 

• Administrator
On 12/24/2022 at 2:22 PM, Mezzer said:

I’ve been on it for 9 days now and was doing fine until the 6th day. Kind of hit a wall. Not sure if I just overdid it physically or the switch is causing a bit of an adjustment.

What happened on the 6th day?

What do you mean, "overdid it physically"?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi, I started the liquid on the 15th December. I was feeling ok (actually better) maybe placebo. 6 days later I really started sinking and on the 23th had an anxiety meltdown. Overdoing it physically means staying busy and not relaxing during the day which i did after starting the liquid and feeling better. I have noticed in the past to much activity outside the home can exhaust me and eventually cause symptoms at times.It was also a few days before Christmas and we were planning a family get together which I was very concerned about what kind of emotional shape I may be in for the event. Someone getting Covid did cancel it. Christmas Day was ok and yesterday was actually good and today the anxiety grew again. Overall in the past 3 months there’s been many more waves than windows. As I look back and am more informed thanks to you I realize my last year on meds was very kindled. My theory was to go back to the cymbalta which started the severe withdrawals thinking it may put me in a place of consistency so I can taper off without as many waves. This is only speculation on my part and I’m not sure it’s a rational or logical thought at this point. Could I potentially be in withdrawals prior to cymbalta? 
thanks 

Aalto 

@AltostrataHi, I started the liquid on the 15th December. I was feeling ok (actually better) maybe placebo. 6 days later I really started sinking and on the 23th had an anxiety meltdown. Overdoing it physically means staying busy and not relaxing during the day which i did after starting the liquid and feeling better. I have noticed in the past to much activity outside the home can exhaust me and eventually cause symptoms at times.It was also a few days before Christmas and we were planning a family get together which I was very concerned about what kind of emotional shape I may be in for the event. Someone getting Covid did cancel it. Christmas Day was ok and yesterday was actually good and today the anxiety grew again. Overall in the past 3 months there’s been many more waves than windows. As I look back and am more informed thanks to you I realize my last year on meds was very kindled. My theory was to go back to the cymbalta which started the severe withdrawals thinking it may put me in a place of consistency so I can taper off without as many waves. This is only speculation on my part and I’m not sure it’s a rational or logical thought at this point. Could I potentially be in withdrawals prior to cymbalta? 
thanks 

Aalto 

On 12/27/2022 at 4:21 PM, Altostrata said:

What happened on the 6th day?

What do you mean, "overdid it physically"?

Hi, I put my response below, thanks 

Just now, Mezzer said:

Hi, I put my response below, thanks 

Or above 

• Administrator
On 12/27/2022 at 4:53 PM, Mezzer said:

Could I potentially be in withdrawals prior to cymbalta? 

I don't know. You made a lot of drug changes from 2015 until you cold-turkeyed 60mg Cymbalta in 2021. Usually cold turkey doesn't do a destabilized nervous system any good.

Then you made a bunch more drug changes, including tapering Prozac too fast in the last 6 months.

In addition, if you have high stress during the holidays, that could be the cause of your surges of anxiety. 

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 4 months later...

I am responding here to a PM received from Mezzer regarding intrusive negative thoughts and whether they are common- we prefer to have correspondence in the thread so that others can see it (and learn) and so that other moderators can see it and be able to jump in when the original moderator is not available. Tagging a moderator that hasn't specifically asked not to be tagged is one way to get their attention. 

1. yes, negative intrusive thoughts and obsessing about them are a common withdrawal symptom similar to OCD. If you had OCD tendencies, this will get worse during withdrawal but it passes in a windows and wave kind of pattern. 

2. Reassurance seeking, which feels compelling (this is part of the process) is counterproductive - it actually makes things worse in the long term by providing a small relief for a minute but making the reassurance seeking worse in the long term. I am including it here because it is the bigger problem than the thoughts themselves - everyone has negative thoughts even outside of withdrawal but they don't usually stick to become bothersome. 

Martin Seif has a very good book called - Needing to Know for Sure that explains the phenomenon. 

https://drmartinseif.com/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/living-sticky-mind/201912/when-reassurance-seeking-becomes-compulsive

Try to tolerate the uncertainty for a while and it will pass - try Claire Weekes method (look her up). 

Many of us have been through this, me included, it will pass but you can help yourself in the meantime and learn skills that can last you a lifetime after. 

OMW

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

Anyone get crazy intrusive thoughts? Some days are worse than others. Does anyone feel heightened emotions such as anger, envy etc. mostly negative emotions seeming to take over the positive? This is tough. I’m 23 months from being CTed off cymbalta and tapering the unsuccessful Prozac crossover. Thanks everyone 

On 12/30/2022 at 6:38 PM, Altostrata said:

I don't know. You made a lot of drug changes from 2015 until you cold-turkeyed 60mg Cymbalta in 2021. Usually cold turkey doesn't do a destabilized nervous system any good.

Then you made a bunch more drug changes, including tapering Prozac too fast in the last 6 months.

In addition, if you have high stress during the holidays, that could be the cause of your surges of anxiety. 

So I guess i should continue my taper of the Prozac and deal with the protracted withdrawals? Any advice beyond that? I considered dropping the Prozac and going back on a small dose of cymbalta then tapering. Do you think that may just pour gas on a fire? 

Hi @Mezzer you should not be making changes when you are feeling that unstable. That's the most important thing. Hold for a few months. When we feel bad our instinct is to change something to fix it but the best thing is to not change anything and allow your body to calibrate itself. 

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

18 hours ago, Onmyway said:

Hi @Mezzer you should not be making changes when you are feeling that unstable. That's the most important thing. Hold for a few months. When we feel bad our instinct is to change something to fix it but the best thing is to not change anything and allow your body to calibrate itself. 

Hi Onmyway, Thank you very much for the reply. It appears to have come a couple days after getting a new compounded liquid from a new pharmacy. I’m sure it was a different manufacturer of Prozac. Very frustrating trying to get compounding pharmacy’s to be consistent as well. At least where I live in CT. USA 

Thanks @Onmyway I recently had to switch compounding pharmacies and I think my liquid is causing problems. I took the new liquid for 4 days. I was able to get a prescription from my previous pharmacy. It’s hard to be consistent with manufacturers here. Could thst have caused this mess too 

Hi @Mezzer

it's possible that a new formulation does not provide the same bioavailability. You need to insist not just on the same pharmacy but on the same ingredients, including the same manufacturer of the drug. Have you considered just getting the prozac liquid that already exists? Or making your own liquid? Or using a scale? There would be fewer variables that way. You can control the ingredient manufacturer rather than all that being behind the scenes

@Onmyway I can go back to the manufactured liquid. I thought the compounding would be most accurate since they are professionals. I used to crush an weigh but that has its deviations as well. The manufactured liquid is 20mg per ML. I think. I’m at 5.8mgs so reducing that smaller would be difficult to measure at some point. Any recommendations? Thank you 

@Onmywayhi I spoke with a member who takes a much lower dose than I of the manufactured Prozac liquid and does fine. I’m going to go for that. Thank you for the help 

• Mentor

@Mezzer This is in response to your message. You might want to try and read some of the success stories on this site for encouragement. The link below may be helpful.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forum/28-success-stories-recovery-from-psychiatric-drug-withdrawal/

Also found the following post from Chessiecat:

Posted June 20, 2020 (edited)

In the Introductions Forum members who are in the process of recovering are given a sun symbol ☼.

To find them use Google and copy and paste the following search term:

site:survivingantidepressants.org ☼

If you a looking for members taking a specific drug, you could add the drug brand name and drug name to the search term.  You could also add cold turkey if you are looking for those members.  Likewise, insomnia.

Please note:   this search might not work using a different search engine.

Edited June 20, 2020 by ChessieCat

I also occasionally read Mad In America.  I have provided a link to the site and directions on how to find their personal stories below. I do have to warn you though, that in my opinion, while all stories are interesting some may not be viewed as positive as they sometimes end their stories on more of an ambivalent note. If you are easily triggered then best to avoid, but if you are just interested in people's journey then they are riveting. And a lot of them are positive.

https://www.madinamerica.com/

click on: editorial (drop down menu) far left on page

Pick: Personal Stories.

As to your situation, protracted withdrawal is extremely hard. From reading your posts it sounds like you have an excellent mind-set to get through it and I know you will.  My utmost sympathy for how you are currently feeling. Please feel free to stop by my page to say hello (I love company) or to ask any questions you might have, or just to get support.  I have walked in your shoes and I know how awful it can be.

Edited by RachelSusan

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

• 1 month later...

Bio Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy

Has anyone or does anyone know of anyone who tried bio identical hormone replacement therapy to help with withdrawals. There’s also NAD infusions which are said to be helpful as well. I assume if it was a breakthrough it would be all over the website. I’m 65 years old and concerned my age is affecting the healing. Thank you anyone who can respond 

Edited by manymoretodays
title added, merged to main Introduction from new Introduction topic

Does anyone have any experience with “identical hormone replacement therapy” and if it helped with healing. Has anyone tried NAD infusions for the same thing. I went for a consult with a doc and the pitch reminded me of when ADs were started. Thank you, hope mg everyone heals before their time 

• Administrator

Please use search in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum to see existing discussions.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Please use search in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum to see existing discussions.

Thanks alto, very expensive 

• Moderator Emeritus

merged 2nd Introduction topic post back here(mmt)

You'll find it above now Mezzer.  Just one Introduction topic per member.  Remember?  You had posted a new topic in Introductions, similar to what you posted here.

I am finding topics on both NAD and Bioidential Hormone replacement therapy.

More search tips  you can use:

How to find just about anything on this site

and this ^ is how I quickly found those 2 topics in Symptoms and Self Care

Alto's suggested way works too.  You go to Symptoms and Self Care, and then just type in the topic of interest in the top search box

See also:  How to do a site search on survivingantidepressants

And appreciated when you do help us out and search on your own, it takes up our time, merging and moving and linking and all that.  And there are several ways to search, as you'll see.  Thanks in advance for experimenting and trying.  Explore the site.  Then you can others here too learn how.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

and p.s.  I was already menopausal and on bioidentical's when I came in.  And so for me I stayed on them, but cut my dose down.  I should probably taper off them sometime soon.  I'm now over 65 myself and have been on them since perimenopause.  Unfortunately, they are not a treatment for withdrawal and like adding anything new, start low, go slow, and only one change at a time.  Perimenopause and menopause symptoms can be very similar to some WD symptoms.....and so.  A big unknown as to whether to add or not add while in WD.  I'd err on the side of less is more......meaning if I had not already been on them, I would not have added in while I was in WD.

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

merged 2nd Introduction topic post back here(mmt)

You'll find it above now Mezzer.  Just one Introduction topic per member.  Remember?  You had posted a new topic in Introductions, similar to what you posted here.

I am finding topics on both NAD and Bioidential Hormone replacement therapy.

More search tips  you can use:

How to find just about anything on this site

and this ^ is how I quickly found those 2 topics in Symptoms and Self Care

Alto's suggested way works too.  You go to Symptoms and Self Care, and then just type in the topic of interest in the top search box

See also:  How to do a site search on survivingantidepressants

And appreciated when you do help us out and search on your own, it takes up our time, merging and moving and linking and all that.  And there are several ways to search, as you'll see.  Thanks in advance for experimenting and trying.  Explore the site.  Then you can others here too learn how.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

and p.s.  I was already menopausal and on bioidentical's when I came in.  And so for me I stayed on them, but cut my dose down.  I should probably taper off them sometime soon.  I'm now over 65 myself and have been on them since perimenopause.  Unfortunately, they are not a treatment for withdrawal and like adding anything new, start low, go slow, and only one change at a time.  Perimenopause and menopause symptoms can be very similar to some WD symptoms.....and so.  A big unknown as to whether to add or not add while in WD.  I'd err on the side of less is more......meaning if I had not already been on them, I would not have added in while I was in WD.

Thank you MMT sorry for the confusion and appreciate the feedback. Same age and good advice 

Hi all is there a place where I can ask for some support. I’m going into my 24Th month of suffering and still tapering. Today is full of anxiety, fear, sadness, exhaustion etc. anyone else have a similar timeline where things got better? I guess I’m looking for a place to rant and whine. Just feeling defeated and not as hopeful of healing . Thank you everyone 

• Administrator

@Mezzer it's been ages since you reported your symptom pattern. What is your current symptom pattern? In the meantime, please stop tapering.

Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. Post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right. We need to know how you feel before and after each dose.

@Altostrata thank you, symptoms are intense fear, intrusive thoughts from the past thinking everything was bad and negative, heart palpitations, stomach in knots, weak and tired. Past few days the symptoms have been pretty steady. I will stop tapering. I take the meds 8:30 each morning. Will start a timeline thanks alto 

Also seem to be reliving all the uncomfortable situations in my past. Torturous. 

@Altostrata

7-01-23

7:30am 5.45mg. Woke with anxiety, knotty stomach.

7:45 took 600mg mag gly. 5000mcg b12, 1700mcg folate. 
9:30 intense fear and and fatigue. Reliving past. 
12:00 noon Fear and fatigue. Very sad, same thoughts. 
4:30pm “                       “. “.           “ torture

• Administrator

Please post daily notes 24 hours at a time.

17 hours ago, Mezzer said:

heart palpitations, stomach in knots, weak and tired. Past few days the symptoms have been pretty steady.

What tapering have you done in the last 4 months and when did this symptom pattern start?

51 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please post daily notes 24 hours at a time.

What tapering have you done in the last 4 months and when did this symptom pattern start?

@Altostrata 4 months ago I was at 6.95mgs Prozac and over that period to now I’m at 5.45mgs. About 21% overall. It was not done on a regular basis as I couldn’t seem to get a rythm going. This symptom pattern presently seemed to have started when beginning the lasted compounded liquid script. This was May3rd. It seems there’s more waves than windows. I also realized I made a 12% drop in the first 3.5 weeks of May. The drops were in small increments. One theory I had is the long half life could have taken a long time to hit. I also have some amalgamation removed from my teeth three weeks ago and had numbing medicine. It was a four hour procedure. Could this have caused issues as well? I really appreciate the help alto. After reviewing what I just wrote it looks like I made a 50% drop in the first three weeks in May from the overall four month period. Should I find a more balanced approach? 

• Administrator

I think you've probably been tapering too fast and NOT according to Tips for tapering off fluoxetine (Prozac) as you were advised a year ago.

Suggest you stop tapering and let your nervous system settle down for a while.

20 hours ago, Mezzer said:

@Altostrata

7-01-23

7:30am 5.45mg. Woke with anxiety, knotty stomach.

7:45 took 600mg mag gly. 5000mcg b12, 1700mcg folate. 
9:30 intense fear and and fatigue. Reliving past. 
12:00 noon Fear and fatigue. Very sad, same thoughts. 
4:30pm “                       “. “.           “ torture

@Mezzer,why are you taking such massive doses of B12 and folate? 

1 hour ago, Onmyway said:

@Mezzer,why are you taking such massive doses of B12 and folate? 

@onmyway    Years ago my b vitamins were low on a blood screen so GP told me to take the B12 and methyl folate. I probably just picked the dose thinking since they are water soluble the amount didn’t matter much. How does one figure the dose to keep normal levels? Should I try and lower it 

@Onmyway hi Please above not sure I attached your name correctly thanks Onmyway