SunnyRainyDays: mirtazapine 2 months - 2.5 months of withdrawal

SunnyRainyDays

i am off 2.5 years mitrazpine.And after 2.5 years i receive dizziness symptoms,i have problems headaches.I was confused.I am very scared about this dizziness.Is possible that after 2.5 years this symptom start to make problem.Dont know is this start from headaces.I use melatonin 1 mg anf valeriana every night for sleep.I need help advice i am very scared?Please Help ❤️

i was 8 years 30 mg mitrazpine.2 years taper 30/15/7.5/3.75.and 2 years 4 months off.

i feel very bad.Big anexity and tired.I have big pain in body and pain in muscle.

i am in depression and have adhedonia.

Have thingling in teeth and fingers.

i every day live i  pain.

i have no emotion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @mario80,

Sorry for my late reply.

I don’t think Mirtazapine causes you to get suddenly dizziness and headaches after 2,5 years, unless you’re still in withdrawal.

I would advise you to see a doctor for that.

It is also likely that constant use of melatonine or sleeping plants may cause this (I for one can’t take melatonine more that few days in a row or I start getting hangovers and such in the mornings and days). Maybe you could try to stop one or both and see if it gets better.

Wish you best,

Sunny

January 2021 - Took Effoxor 37.5mg then 75mg

June/July 2021 - Stopped taking Effoxor. (Cold turkey - had to reinstate 37.5mg two days later because of vomiting and then tapered quickly over the next few days). Mild withdrawal that lasted two weeks.

February 2022 - took 7.5mg Mirtazapine

4th April 2022 - stopped taking Mirtazapine 7.5mg (no tapering - I didn’t know about it until I was heavy into withdrawal.)

October 2023 - Escitalopram 1mg for two weeks, stopped because of strong heart issues (not that it did anything else except side effects)

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Currently taking Hormonal Contraceptive for PCOS since age of 13 (changed few brands over the years) and Probiotics

Occasionally Vitamins

• 1 month later...

Hello @SunnyRainyDays, thank you for posting that you are feeling better and are experiencing some real progress. it really helps those of us who are still struggling in WD. We need to hear the success stories to see that there is an end to this nightmare we are experiencing. 

thank you 🙏🏻 😊

On Venlafaxine for 30 years, 150mg

2018 first tapered, over 2 months, horrible crashed, reinstated 3 months later

February 2023, tapering again, every 4 weeks reduced by 50%  150mg down to 37:5mg 

June 2023, from 37.5, broke open capsule, started tapering by one bead at a time every 2 weeks 

August, 2023 stopped last bead. 
Nov, 2023, started Saint John Wort, 600mg, 3x a day = 1800mg  -

reduced 1 capsules 300mg on Feb 15, 2024

Supplements, 

magnesium bisglycinate, B complex, multivitamin, Omega 3 complex, Vitamin D3, digestive enzymes

also, use L-Theanine, occasionally natural GABA,  - stopped this in Jan 2024

For H.Pylori- Manuka Honey, 850mgo, Mastica Chios gum, Kefir, & probiotics 

• 1 month later...

@SunnyRainyDays

So happy for you! May life continue to get better and better...

You are very special, I'm so grateful to have met you here, thank you for your contributions.

I hold you in my heart and thoughts and wish you well, now and always.

Have so much fun out in the world, rock on! <3 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

August 2021 - 2mg melatonin   August 1, 2022 - 1mg melatonin   March 31, 2023 - 0mg melatonin

2024 supplements update: electrolyte blend in water sipped throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil blend w/ morning meal (incl. vit. A+D+E); calcium; vitamin C+zinc

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice.