Walleebug: almost 20 years on Celexa

Walleebug

Hi @Walleebug

Really sorry to hear this. I do go through phases where I think catastrophically. Yes any form of distraction helps. Your favourite music, drawing, crosswords, happy conversations, cooking. If it happens in bed before I go to sleep then I will turn over to the other side, I accept it and I breathe slowly and then fall asleep.

These thoughts are random and come and go but they will one day go for good. 

I know that I don’t have any control over them and it is not me producing them, they are not triggered by anxiety either. I just try to ignore them. The good news is: as these thoughts come quickly they also go quickly. They are harmless. 

Send me a message anytime if you want to talk or vent @Walleebug ❤️

💕

Started 10mg escitalopram March 2016 and stopped CT Feb 2017.

Started 10mg citalopram May 2019

Swapped with mirtazapine mid June 2019 used for a week and then switched to Escitalopram 5mg at the end of July 2019, increased gradually to 10mg in September, 15mg in October and 20mg in January 2020. Tapered down to 15mg in April. 10mg in June then a week tapering to 5mg and then stopped CT. 
Resumed escitalopram in November 2020 at 5mg, increased to 10mg in February 2021, tapered down to 5mg in May 2021 and tapered down to 2.5 in the space of a week in September 2021. Resumed escitalopram at the end of December 2022 at 5mg, increased it to 10mg in March 2023 then tapered down to 5mg in June and down to 2.5mg in July. Started escitalopram 5mg beginning of December 2023 then stopped after 4 days. Took amytryptamine for 2 days then restarted escitalopram at 5mg, after two weeks increased it to 7.5mg, kept it for 1 week then 10mg for 1 week but two many side effects so went back to 5mg. Beginning of January 2023 stopped escitalopram for 1 day then 2.5mg for the next day. Developed  discontinuation symptoms reinstated it at 2.5 for 1 week and 1.5 for the following week then stopped. I’m currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

• 2 weeks later...

16 months- I've been so bad mentally the past couple weeks.  I'm having lots of intrusive thoughts, health anxiety and worry.  It's very strange because I'm not having anxiety like in previous withdrawal where it feels like I'll have a panic attack.   It's more of just a constant nagging worry and dread.   My body is vibrating head to toe most of the day.  I feel like I need to run a mile or something to burn off the energy.   I'm pacing to relieve the energy but it's not the akathisia pacing like in previous withdrawal.   It's more of a perpetual buildup of energy that needs released.   God, I'm hoping this let's up soon.  I'm sorry @peaceandlove and @Giuly88 for not responding.  I truly appreciate your kind words and help.  It does not go unnoticed.   I'm really just having to distance myself a bit from thinking about this.   I'd like just one day break from the constant vibrating.  It hasn’t been this bad in months.  It's very strange to be in such a bad wave without the "anxiety " I've felt since withdrawal started.  It's a whole new kind of anxiety lately.    My muscles are contracting a lot too.  I always try to end on a positive note so I'm thankful I'm not having the kind of anxiety that causes panic attacks or akathisia.  I still have high hopes for healing this year.

2003- started 2.5 mgs Celexa

Over the years upped to 10mgs.

2003 - .5mgs xanax as needed.  Took about 2mgs a day for 15 years.  Weaned off over 4 years.  Last xanax June 4th 2022.

July 20 2022- Started weaning Celexa

August 29th 2022 -Stopped 2.5 mg Celexa 

Fine for 4-5 weeks and started having panic attacks.

Sept 26 2022-Reinstated 5mgs celexa and started HORRIBLE side effects immediately. 

Stayed on for almost 5 weeks and stopped.  

October 31 2022- Off

18 hours ago, Walleebug said:

16 months- I've been so bad mentally the past couple weeks.  I'm having lots of intrusive thoughts, health anxiety and worry.  It's very strange because I'm not having anxiety like in previous withdrawal where it feels like I'll have a panic attack.   It's more of just a constant nagging worry and dread.   My body is vibrating head to toe most of the day.  I feel like I need to run a mile or something to burn off the energy.   I'm pacing to relieve the energy but it's not the akathisia pacing like in previous withdrawal.   It's more of a perpetual buildup of energy that needs released.   God, I'm hoping this let's up soon.  I'm sorry @peaceandlove and @Giuly88 for not responding.  I truly appreciate your kind words and help.  It does not go unnoticed.   I'm really just having to distance myself a bit from thinking about this.   I'd like just one day break from the constant vibrating.  It hasn’t been this bad in months.  It's very strange to be in such a bad wave without the "anxiety " I've felt since withdrawal started.  It's a whole new kind of anxiety lately.    My muscles are contracting a lot too.  I always try to end on a positive note so I'm thankful I'm not having the kind of anxiety that causes panic attacks or akathisia.  I still have high hopes for healing this year.

Hi @Walleebug,

Sorry to hear about what you are going through. I have vibrations too they come and go but generally they have significantly improved. They will go for you too.

Yes I have worries and intrusive thoughts and images. With me is more like I worry that I will never heal and that I will be stuck with this, also I have images popping up about past experiences, places I visited and people I met or know. It just happens randomly.

Muscle tightening and contractions are just my worst symptoms that prevent me from being able to work and carry on with my life. 

We will heal it is just so slow.

💕

Started 10mg escitalopram March 2016 and stopped CT Feb 2017.

Started 10mg citalopram May 2019

Swapped with mirtazapine mid June 2019 used for a week and then switched to Escitalopram 5mg at the end of July 2019, increased gradually to 10mg in September, 15mg in October and 20mg in January 2020. Tapered down to 15mg in April. 10mg in June then a week tapering to 5mg and then stopped CT. 
Resumed escitalopram in November 2020 at 5mg, increased to 10mg in February 2021, tapered down to 5mg in May 2021 and tapered down to 2.5 in the space of a week in September 2021. Resumed escitalopram at the end of December 2022 at 5mg, increased it to 10mg in March 2023 then tapered down to 5mg in June and down to 2.5mg in July. Started escitalopram 5mg beginning of December 2023 then stopped after 4 days. Took amytryptamine for 2 days then restarted escitalopram at 5mg, after two weeks increased it to 7.5mg, kept it for 1 week then 10mg for 1 week but two many side effects so went back to 5mg. Beginning of January 2023 stopped escitalopram for 1 day then 2.5mg for the next day. Developed  discontinuation symptoms reinstated it at 2.5 for 1 week and 1.5 for the following week then stopped. I’m currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks @Giuly88. I'm just in a constant state of tense.  My blood pressure is always high. I'm also having the weird random memories popping up.  It's so crazy.  How are you?

2003 - .5mgs xanax as needed.  Took about 2mgs a day for 15 years.  Weaned off over 4 years.  Last xanax June 4th 2022.

Sept 26 2022-Reinstated 5mgs celexa and started HORRIBLE side effects immediately. 

October 31 2022- Off

It is ok, a lot of times I get on here & and don’t have the energy to always reply back. I get it.

I too am struggling with intrusive looping thoughts, songs replaying, images replaying, fear etc it is very annoying & hard to deal with it. It’s hard to go anywhere. 

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

@getofflex. Do you know what happened to the success stories?  I cant find them any more.

October 31 2022- Off

• Moderator Emeritus

Click on the "forums" tab at the top, and they are just below the Intros and Updates.  Or, go to the home page, and then select list of forums from the link.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

Thank you.  For some reason the way I normally see them isn't working. 

October 31 2022- Off

• 4 weeks later...

17 months- After the last wave in March I had 3 whole weeks of a 90% healed window.   It was soooooo wonderful.   All intrusive thoughts were gone. All anxiety was gone.  All physical symptoms were gone except the vibrations.  Definitely the best I've felt since withdrawal started.  I switched my diet to a meat based diet with the exception of avacodo,  a couple types of nuts, a couple vegetables and some dairy.   I'm trying to consume lots of magnesium through food because I'm still to nervous about supplements.   I ate some sugar and carbs on Easter and all week I've had a headache and other withdrawal symptoms like some anxiety,  burning,  muscle contractions, dizziness and heavy muscles.  I'm not totally sure if it's from my diet or just normal windows and waves but I'm back to eating the meat based diet with no sugar, carbs or bad oils and I'm getting better.  I'm definitely going to continue cutting out the sugar, carbs and oils to see if I can have another long window.    

October 31 2022- Off

• 3 weeks later...

@peaceandlove how are you feeling?

October 31 2022- Off

@Giuly88 how are you feeling?

October 31 2022- Off