tsmith442: Fluoxetine Withdrawal

tsmith442

Hi @tsmith442,

Just wanted to pop by after reading a bit of your thread. 

I think it's normal to get caught up in negative thinking, especially when so much has been taken from us because of these drugs. It sounds a little like you're mourning the loss of yourself, which I can relate to. Similarly, I've also been struggling with what I believe to be adrenal fatigue. After going through a difficult taper and med-free for almost 8 months now, the fatigue and brain fog is something I never expected to last quite so long. It's a struggle, I know. It's a very slow process to heal the adrenals, but it sounds like you're headed in the right direction. Are you supporting yourself with healthy diet, light walking etc? I've recently started receiving reiki and although it's subtle, I think maybe I'm heading in a better direction.

It looks like you were getting decent windows back in August and September, so I think you have every reason to hope for more. Please remember that all of this is temporary and one day you'll look back and not believe you felt so terrible. There's always a reason to hold on, you just need to find it 💖

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

• 3 months later...

It's been many months since I posted an update. I'm only having at most 1-day windows, maybe a couple of times a month. I am still suffering greatly and the windows aren't enough to keep me going. Can anyone provide any hope? I'm 14 months off.

• 2010-Present: Armour Thyroid (synthetic sometimes, can't remember when or what but mostly on Armour)
  • 2014-2017: Paroxetine (Paxil) 30mg; tapered per Doctor's instructions. 
  • 3/25/2019: Started Fluoxetine (Prozac) 20mg.
  • 8/18/2020 - 10/15/2020: Switched to Bupropion (Wellbutrin) 300mg, had adverse effects.
  • 10/16/2020: Reinstated Fluoxetine 20mg.
  • 7/2020: CT off Fluoxetine per Doctor's instructions. 
  • 8/2020: Reinstated Fluoxetine 20mg.
  • 8/2022 - 1/2023: Linear taper 10% reduction every 2 weeks.
  • Currently 11 months off Fluoxetine.